Sweet Spring Air (Open CI/possible Mini-plot)

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
Uncle Pervy

LOOK LIVELY!

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Sat Mar 12, 2005 12:11 pm

"Skinflint," Marie mutters, as she sets her cards aside, and takes a look at that poster from where she is sitting.

JasonAB17

Re: LOOK LIVELY!

Unread postby JasonAB17 » Sat Mar 12, 2005 12:48 pm

With a bit of leaning, Mare can read the poster, which reads thus:

<span style="color:olive;font-size:x-small;"><center>Wanted: Hearty young Adventurers.
Needed to recover an Ancient Artifacts.
500 Gil at Sign on!
Great wealth to be had!
Rewards as high as 1,000,000!!
For those who are ambitious and don't fear death, Inquire at:</center></span>

The poster goes on to list an address and a date... Today's date, as a matter of fact.

pd Rydia

INCROMPREHENSION

Unread postby pd Rydia » Sat Mar 12, 2005 7:06 pm

It was Rai'm's turn to give Yuji the look of incomprehension.* "Mm'kay. Well, thankye much, 'nyhow." Rai'm's blank stare gave way to a grin, before she gave Yuji some manner of strange, possibly friendly salute before turning around and heading over to her brother.

Arriving just in time to witness the end of the fortune-telling bananza, she spotted both Marie and the sign she was inspecting. Rai'm, too, made efforts to inspect the sign.

Thus came from the Tymisonn a mighty snort! "'Ey, Daen! Getta load a this! 'Wannid, Heardy youn' adventur'rs! Need t'recover an Ancien' Artifact. ...Great wealt'...Fer those as don' fear death!' Oh boy, sign me up!" Rai'm rolled her eyes, then grimaced; having had a mere handful of mercenary experiences--one of which had left her dead, things like this didn't appeal to her greatly. Darned mercenaries, mercenary jobs, and mercenary accessories.

Marie, though, seemed to be more interesting--vagrant entrepeneurs always were. "'Ey, miss," she said by way of greeting Marie, turning around and tossing 20 gil into her bowl. "Fortune for food, I c'n take t'that. Got anythin' fer me?"

(*OOC: What the fuck, that's a word. I've never read or heard anyone use that word. =( Only "incomprehensible." It sounds strange.)

Uncle Pervy

Re: INCROMPREHENSION

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Sun Mar 13, 2005 1:19 am

"But of course, mademoiselle," the usagijin-half declares, her hand snaking out, seizing the coins, and pocketing them with a smooth and swift motion. "Watch closely, oui?"

With a quick motion, she plays the top card from her deck, a King of Hearts. "Ooooh, how lucky of you," she says, "In love, you are blessed! Perhaps your love is the greatest any has ever seen, or perhaps you are the benefactor of such, non? Or perhaps it is one you know not, a secret admirer or kindly mentor you never knew?" She smiles, then plays another card.

The five of hearts is placed above and left of the king. "This fate, this is one of togetherness, oui? The five hearts, a group for whom you love, or will come to love. Perhaps old friends and family will see you, perhaps it is a family that is your own... These people, they are important in this path. I envy you!"

The next card is played, above the king and beside the five. The nine of spades. "Hard work, this path is one of labor. Perhaps is it a trial you must bear, or perhaps it will be something you enjoy. The nine will play into, as well. Perhaps the number of times this work must be done, or how long. Given the love you bear and the other path...I suspect a birth, your own or one that will affect you."

The final card is played, a three of clubs. Marie frowns. "Violence, Mademoiselle, violence is in this path." she shakes her head. "I cannot say the source, but given what I have seen, love gone foul looks the answer. Three is important. It may be how many times the tragedy will repeat. Perhaps the number of blows, or the number of roberies. Perhaps, mademoiselle, you will do it..."

She collects up the cards once more. "There is much potential on your path, mademoiselle, be wary for it. I shall think well of you when I visit the Ivory Horn for a bit of stew tonight."

pd Rydia

:o

Unread postby pd Rydia » Sun Mar 13, 2005 12:57 pm

"Feast well!" Rai'm smiled and nodded at Marie, before heading over to her brother. "'Ey, y'got anythin' t'do? I still gotta drop this book off, 'n th'library don' stay open all day."

JasonAB17

Re: :o

Unread postby JasonAB17 » Mon Mar 14, 2005 7:40 pm

Derek, turning around, noticed there was still some attention on the poster, and therefore himself, as he kept getting in the way. He looked around a minute, before asking:

"Anyone want else want to go along? I'm atleast going to see what it's about."

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:25 pm

Marie stands up, collecting her bowl and putting away the cards. "I've not been in a rich man's house for awhile. I guess I could hear him out, non?"

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:41 pm

<span style="font-family:times new roman; color:blue;font-size:x-small;">"No. I'm as free as a bird," Dae responded. "Wanna take the book back now?"</span>

Previous

Return to Gaera Main RPs