Carved in Stone (full Philsys RP)

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
User avatar
Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!
 
Posts: 3604
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 2:02 am
Location: New Zealand

Carved in Stone (full Philsys RP)

Unread postby Kelne » Sat Jul 19, 2003 9:39 am

It was a morning much like any other in Doma City. Clear skies and warm weather saw people cheerfully bustling about their business on the city streets. In one area, however, the mood was decidedly more sober.

While the countryside of Doma wasn't exactly a hundred percent safe, the Guard could be relied upon to clear out any bandit groups large enough to threaten a merchant caravan. Lately however, that had changed. Caravans on the road to the port city of Kohlingen had been hit by mysterious raiders, their contents looted. Lives had been lost and, more importantly to some, profits had been cut.

There seemed to be no pattern to which caravans were hit, and attempts to track the bandits had ended in failure. As a result, notices had gone up around the city offering good rates for mercenaries willing to sign on with merchant caravans travelling to Kohlingen.

A typical example of such a notice could be found on the noticeboard of the Jade Dragon Inn.

"Wanted:
Seasoned fighters for the duty of caravan guard.
Rates of 2000 gil plus hazard pay.
Enquire at Ceris Exports, 38 Kings' Way."


User avatar
Endadelta
( ◕ ω ◕ )
 
Posts: 3053
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2002 1:37 am

Re: Carved in Stone (full Philsys RP)

Unread postby Endadelta » Sat Jul 19, 2003 1:26 pm

Assassin sniffed, looking over the notice.

"A job.."

He had spent his time wandering since he had last been on Water. Thus, it had been some time before he had busied himself with some sort of employment.

.. additional money would help in a place like this, he admitted to himself. All of the Doman currency he had obtained in the shop of 'Ninja Ned's' had been spent.

He did not know much of the history behind this notice, but from what little he had heard, it also involves thieves. A rather despicable type. So if he did sign on... he would at least have morally agreeable reasons to do so.

Considering, he decided to make his way to said address..


Idran1701
None some call is air am
 
Posts: 42197
Joined: Wed May 29, 2002 9:37 am

Re: Carved in Stone (full Philsys RP)

Unread postby Idran1701 » Sat Jul 19, 2003 8:08 pm

Idran walks downstairs within the Jade Dragon, having just finished his preparations to leave. Having spent the last few weeks in Doma, more or less, he is quite ready to leave the city for a while. He begins heading towards the exit, when he passes the notice board. The newly posted notice pops out at him from it, and he stops to read the information.

IM: Hmm. Somewhat brief. If luck is with me, this is related to the raids I've heard about on the Doma-Kohlingen route. Might as well check into it, possibly kill two birds with one stone.

He makes a note of the address, and after a brief inquiry to find the direction, he begins heading towards the export company.


User avatar
Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.
 
Posts: 7996
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2002 6:13 pm

Re: Carved in Stone (full Philsys RP)

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sun Jul 20, 2003 12:37 am

Jaeko sat at a table, thinking to himself. He adjusted his dark mirrored shades and took a look at the notice. When it was unattended, he stood and made his way over to it. Quickly reading it, he thought it over in his head quickly. Realising he had been a little slow with his 'other' jobs recently, he quickly thrust his hands into his pockets and made his way for the listed address.


Divinegon2130
 

Re: Carved in Stone (full Philsys RP)

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Sun Jul 20, 2003 1:49 am

Silvanus took a careful look at the notice on the noticeboard of the Jade Dragon.

Ceris Exports.... 38 Kings' Way....... maybe this kinda thing'll take my mind off that damned nightmare for once. And hazard pay as well.... should be easy, though.

Thusly, he put a hand near the blade portions of the two swords strapped to his back. He'd strapped them between his wings in the hopes that they wouldn't interfere with their movement, but it didn't always work.

...ah well, if I'm uncomfortable, I can always remove the normal one. Fabelia's a bit risky to drop, however.

He made his way to the listed address, mentally repeating it in his head. After a while, however, this mental repetition started to irritate Silvanus's most constant companion, which was the darker of his two swords, Fabelia. And Fabelia made this clear.

....dammit Silvanus, stop naming the same place over and over!
Quiet, Fabelia, I'm trying to think.
Think? You? Don't make me LAUGH!
No, seriously. If I want to get that damned nightmare off my mind, this is the best way.
So I can go back to torturing you like I always do?
Yes. Now stay calm and let me think.


(OOC: Okay, if it's unclear to anyone, this last bit is supposed to be telepathy between Silvanus and Fabelia. Bold-type is Fabelia's thoughts, and non-bold is Silvanus's. And, in general, any of Fabelia's telepathy is going to be both italic and bold. Silvanus's will be just italic.)


User avatar
Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!
 
Posts: 3604
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 2:02 am
Location: New Zealand

Re: Carved in Stone (full Philsys RP)

Unread postby Kelne » Sun Jul 20, 2003 4:26 am

38 Kings' Way turned out to be an impressive two storey stone building. Granite columns with vines carved into their surface framed an entryway large enough to accommodate a laden wagon. Whoever owned this place was definitely rich. As, it seemed, was the rest of the neighbourhood. From time to time, someone would enter or leave the building, apparently engaged in some urgent business.

Even as Assassin, Jaeko, Silvanus and Idran arrived on the scene, a particularly mismatched pair ascended the steps to the buildings entrance. One was clad in leather armour, with a large axe slung across his back, whilst the other was slight, and dressed in the robes of a black mage. Others, it seemed, had also seen the notices.


User avatar
Endadelta
( ◕ ω ◕ )
 
Posts: 3053
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2002 1:37 am

Re: Carved in Stone (full Philsys RP)

Unread postby Endadelta » Sun Jul 20, 2003 4:38 am

Hm.

Issue must be grave indeed for the nobility. I wonder how many other potentials they have volunteering for this assignment?


Assassin eyed the three others on the scene briefly, noting them but saying nothing. He swiftly moved to follow the ascending duo..

Edited by: Crawling Reshiki at: 7/20/03 4:38 am

Divinegon2130
 

Re: Carved in Stone (full Philsys RP)

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Sun Jul 20, 2003 10:24 am

Well well.... it's some rich guy. I can see why he's hiring escorts, but.... geez. Guess this is my kind of job.

Silvanus also followed the mismatched duo, not commenting on their differences. If he saw any of the others, he gave absolutely no indication of it. He was being single-minded in pursuing this job.

.....right up until Fabelia put out another thought, this one in a far more humorous manner, to him.

Move over, bad people, because Fabelia's in town, and he'll make you pay!
....you're not doing it right, Fabelia. You're supposed to wait until the bad people are already THERE.
*sigh* .....whatever.
Now let me take care of things.


Silvanus's wings twitched slightly.


User avatar
Jak Snide
 
Posts: 5457
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 7:14 am
Location: London

Sorry I'm late.

Unread postby Jak Snide » Sun Jul 20, 2003 4:14 pm

Another man approached the building, a slightly unkempt mop of dark brown hair atop his head. Decked out in studded leather armour, with a bow slung over his shoulder and an axe strapped to his thigh, it was clear he was either an adventurer or a mercenary. Most likely the later, since he ascended the stairs into the building, glancing at those he passed by.

Petlamin hadn't believed the notice when he'd first read it. Two thousand gil if nothing happened, and more if it did. He couldn't pass that up, even if he hadn't been short of coin. That, and he was always up for a little excitement in his life. And, over the past few weeks, the most exciting thing that'd happened was talking to an excitable nekojin girl and drunkenly trying to pick on a little Baronian brat he'd had the misfortune of getting to know.


Idran1701
None some call is air am
 
Posts: 42197
Joined: Wed May 29, 2002 9:37 am

Re: Sorry I'm late.

Unread postby Idran1701 » Sun Jul 20, 2003 5:21 pm

IM: I see I'm not the only one who saw the notice.

Idran, as the others starting to arrive, follows the pair of possible applicants up to the entrance, looking around and watching the others arriving for the job, or any other business they might be having here. He notices Silvanus heading up near him.

"Ah, I assume you are also here for this escort duty?"


Divinegon2130
 

Re: Sorry I'm late.

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Sun Jul 20, 2003 6:07 pm

Silvanus stopped where he was and turned to look towards Idran.

"....of course. Why would I be here if I wasn't?"

He then looked back to where he had been going and continued in that direction.


Idran1701
None some call is air am
 
Posts: 42197
Joined: Wed May 29, 2002 9:37 am

Re: Sorry I'm late.

Unread postby Idran1701 » Sun Jul 20, 2003 6:16 pm

Idran shrugs, while continuing towards the front entrance.

"Well, this person seems to be fairly rich. Never know what other kinds of business he might be doing today."


User avatar
Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.
 
Posts: 7996
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2002 6:13 pm

Re: Sorry I'm late.

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sun Jul 20, 2003 10:23 pm

Jaeko commented as he continued walking up the steps, not even bothing to look either Idran or Sylvanis in the eyes, figuring they wouldn't be able to tell anyway-

"It should be obvious that we're all here for the same reason, so you may as well just cut the stupid questions, eh?"


User avatar
Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!
 
Posts: 3604
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 2:02 am
Location: New Zealand

Blargh. Must post earlier in the evening.

Unread postby Kelne » Mon Jul 21, 2003 8:13 am

Within, a well-lit foyer opened out, twin staircases ascending to the second floor on either side of the room. In the centre, a large mahogany desk stood, papers arranged in neat piles. The manner of the man behind the desk screamed 'secretary'. He was dressed in a neat grey suit, and was engaged in making notes on a document as the group made their way in.

Noting the new arrivals, he looked up from his work and beckoned them over.


User avatar
Jak Snide
 
Posts: 5457
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 7:14 am
Location: London

Re: Blargh. Must post earlier in the evening.

Unread postby Jak Snide » Mon Jul 21, 2003 10:05 am

Petty complied, walking over to the man, and took the liberty of being the first to speak.

"Here for t'carvan job. Well, I am, anyway. Probably t'ese guys, too. T'ere someone we have to see, or will you be taking care t'arrangements?"


Divinegon2130
 

Re: Blargh. Must post earlier in the evening.

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Mon Jul 21, 2003 10:32 am

Silvanus, seeing how someone else had already taken care of addressing the matter to the 'secretary', simply went over to the man as directed.

His wings then twitched again.


Idran1701
None some call is air am
 
Posts: 42197
Joined: Wed May 29, 2002 9:37 am

Re: Blargh. Must post earlier in the evening.

Unread postby Idran1701 » Mon Jul 21, 2003 12:11 pm

Idran also heads over to the secretary, taking in the huge foyer as he approaches the desk.

"Yes, as this gentlemen has assumed, I am here for the job as well. Do you want us to...I don't know, sign in, or something? I'm afraid I'm not that familiar with the procedure for things like this."


User avatar
Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.
 
Posts: 7996
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2002 6:13 pm

Re: Blargh. Must post earlier in the evening.

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Mon Jul 21, 2003 1:58 pm

Jaeko followed the others, still refusing to remove his hands from his pockets, and keeping quiet, as the two questions he wanted to know had already been asked.


User avatar
Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!
 
Posts: 3604
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 2:02 am
Location: New Zealand

Re: Blargh. Must post earlier in the evening.

Unread postby Kelne » Tue Jul 22, 2003 3:09 am

"So I had assumed," the man said, nodding. "Mrs Ceris is handling the interviews personally. I should point out that half a dozen applicants have already been turned away, so if you were expecting a soft job, you may as well leave now. That said, Mrs Ceris can be found in the courtyard, through those doors and down the corridor. I wish you all luck." Having pointed out a small set of doors, the secretary returned to his paperwork.

The fighter and mage pair, standing nearby, turned to each other and shrugged in unison. "The pay's still good," the fighter remarked, receiving a nod in return.


Divinegon2130
 

Re: Blargh. Must post earlier in the evening.

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Tue Jul 22, 2003 10:57 am

Silvanus nodded simply, starting to walk toward the doors that the secretary had indicated.

Meanwhile, he relayed his situation to Fabelia.

Looks like you're going to have to be ready, Fabelia.
You know, I can actually tell what's GOING ON HERE without your help.
....just shut up and if I need your help, I'll ask you.



Idran1701
None some call is air am
 
Posts: 42197
Joined: Wed May 29, 2002 9:37 am

Re: Blargh. Must post earlier in the evening.

Unread postby Idran1701 » Tue Jul 22, 2003 11:12 am

"Ah, thank you for your information and advice, sir. Much appreciated."

Idran nods at the man and tips his hat, before turning towards the door indicated and heading towards the courtyard.


User avatar
Jak Snide
 
Posts: 5457
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 7:14 am
Location: London

Re: Blargh. Must post earlier in the evening.

Unread postby Jak Snide » Tue Jul 22, 2003 2:25 pm

"Interview? Damn, this guy must really want the best he can get."

Petty followed the others that'd already moved off, thanking the secretary as he walked away.


User avatar
Endadelta
( ◕ ω ◕ )
 
Posts: 3053
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2002 1:37 am

Re: Blargh. Must post earlier in the evening.

Unread postby Endadelta » Tue Jul 22, 2003 2:51 pm

Assassin scanned the room briefly, as well as the duo, before nodding to the Secretary.

He, too, followed, silently considering the circumstances this would involve..


User avatar
Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.
 
Posts: 7996
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2002 6:13 pm

Re: Blargh. Must post earlier in the evening.

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Tue Jul 22, 2003 4:12 pm

Not saying a word to the secretary, Jaeko simply continued following. Like a typical Barian, he was almost positive that he'd breeze through the 'interview' and be well on his way, though he couldn't get one nagging thought out of his head-


"Hey, how many applicants do you suppose they've already had?"


Idran
 

Just a reminder

Unread postby Idran » Thu Jul 24, 2003 3:12 pm

(OOC: Sorry for the OOC post, but I just wanted to remind everyone that I'm going to be gone this weekend without internet access, so I won't be able to post. See you all on Monday.)


User avatar
Jak Snide
 
Posts: 5457
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 7:14 am
Location: London

Re: Just a reminder

Unread postby Jak Snide » Fri Jul 25, 2003 6:26 pm

"Probably about t'ree or so. T'ey're just t'ying t'make us nervous, most likely."


User avatar
Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!
 
Posts: 3604
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 2:02 am
Location: New Zealand

Re: Blargh. Must post earlier in the evening.

Unread postby Kelne » Fri Jul 25, 2003 10:12 pm

The courtyard, when reached, proved to be a hive of activity. A group of men was struggling to manoeuvrea marble statue of a nekojin onto a wagon using a crane, whilst another was loading crates onto a second wagon. This activity was overseen by a woman in dark blue travelling clothes.

So far as the courtyard itself went, a statue of a warrior on a chocobo stood atop a fountain in the centre, while stables could be seen to the right.


User avatar
Endadelta
( ◕ ω ◕ )
 
Posts: 3053
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2002 1:37 am

Re: Blargh. Must post earlier in the evening.

Unread postby Endadelta » Sun Jul 27, 2003 4:59 am

Assassin stood with the others, glancing over the statues and taking them in with the rest of the area.

Interesting carving ability and structure. I wonder whose hand helped to carve them?

.. and it seems as if this is the departure point.


He had been aware of the woman in blue travelling clothes, and assumed that she was the one to talk to about the case.. and any subsequent payments. He hesitated to speak until the others made a move, though.


User avatar
Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.
 
Posts: 7996
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2002 6:13 pm

Re: Blargh. Must post earlier in the evening.

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sun Jul 27, 2003 12:35 pm

Jaeko had assumed the same as Assassin- that the woman in blue was the one to talk to in this situation. Trying to keep his eyes away from the statue of the nekojin, he made his way forward with Assassin, and likewise, waiting for the others before speaking.


Divinegon2130
 

Re: Blargh. Must post earlier in the evening.

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Sun Jul 27, 2003 7:07 pm

Silvanus looked around the courtyard. Wagons, statues, things being loaded.... and then Silvanus noticed the woman in dark blue clothing.

Could she be.....
Of COURSE she is, nimrod. What are yo-
FABELIA!!!!
.....erm, my mistake.


Silvanus hesitantly approached the woman, and once he got close enough, he kneeled down and said, "Greetings, ma'am. Would you be Mrs. Ceris by any chance?"


Idran1701
None some call is air am
 
Posts: 42197
Joined: Wed May 29, 2002 9:37 am

Re: Blargh. Must post earlier in the evening.

Unread postby Idran1701 » Sun Jul 27, 2003 7:36 pm

Idran looks around the courtyard, taking in the goings-on in the area. After hearing Silvanus's question towards the woman in blue, he heads over to her. Not bothering to say anything, he merely tips his hat towards her, and waits for her reply.


User avatar
Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!
 
Posts: 3604
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 2:02 am
Location: New Zealand

Re: Blargh. Must post earlier in the evening.

Unread postby Kelne » Mon Jul 28, 2003 6:46 am

"Yes, that's me," she said, turning to regard the group. "Siolen Ceris. You'll be here about the mercenary work, won't you?" Although work on loading the wagons continued, most of the workers seemed to have one eye on the conversation.

One pair detatched themselves with what seemed to be practiced efficiency, heading for the stables. Another man scooped up a quarterstaff from the bed of one of the wagons, twirling it idly as he walked over. It seemed that the 'interview' would involve something of a hands-on component.


Idran1701
None some call is air am
 
Posts: 42197
Joined: Wed May 29, 2002 9:37 am

Re: Blargh. Must post earlier in the evening.

Unread postby Idran1701 » Tue Jul 29, 2003 12:34 am

Idran steps back slowly as he sees the approaching worker. Or, at least someone who had appeared to be a worker before. He adopts a somewhat more prepared posture as he speaks to Ms. Ceris.

"I'm fairly certain we are all here for the job, although I can't honestly speak for all present. I assume that this person," gesturing to the man moving towards the group, "is part of the interview?"


User avatar
Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!
 
Posts: 3604
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 2:02 am
Location: New Zealand

Re: Blargh. Must post earlier in the evening.

Unread postby Kelne » Tue Jul 29, 2003 2:33 am

"That's up to you, really. You can either try to get a hit past Orlan's defenses, or you can demonstrate your destructive abilities on Jimmy." She pointed towards a pair emerging from the stables. Between them, they were carrying a large wooden dummy out into a clear space. This, apparently, was Jimmy. From the looks of the scorch marks adorning him, it seemed he had a history of being used as target practice.

"But that's for later. Tell me a bit about yourselves first."


User avatar
Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.
 
Posts: 7996
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2002 6:13 pm

Re: Blargh. Must post earlier in the evening.

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Tue Jul 29, 2003 3:34 am

Jaeko decided he'd be the first to speak up for once-


"I'm Jaeko. Jaeko Messiah Willaims, formerly of the Black Soul Knights. Left due to complications. I'm a bountyhunter and mercenary. Figured this would qualify as a 'merc job', so to speak. As far as my combat abilities go, I'm a gunman. Anything else you need to know?"


Divinegon2130
 

Re: Blargh. Must post earlier in the evening.

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Tue Jul 29, 2003 9:19 am

Silvanus followed Jaeko's lead almost right away.

"My name's Silvanus Banetail. More of a mercenary swordsman than anything else. Some time ago, I had to fight my way out of some lich's prison, and one of the swords he owned took a liking to me." Silvanus turned his head a bit to indicate Fabelia here.

"Anything else you want to know?"


Idran1701
None some call is air am
 
Posts: 42197
Joined: Wed May 29, 2002 9:37 am

Re: Blargh. Must post earlier in the evening.

Unread postby Idran1701 » Tue Jul 29, 2003 12:43 pm

After Silvanus completes his introduction, Idran begins speaking.

"I'm Idran, Cosmic Mage. Honestly, I don't normally take mercenary jobs like this, but I was heading to Kohlingen anyway, and since I used to be part of the merchant business, I couldn't just stand by and let these attacks continue. Anyway, since some are unaware of what exactly a Cosmic Mage is, I specialize in the magics of space and time. Like I said, I'm not really a mercenary, more of an independant magic researcher actually, but I'm no slouch when it comes to combat."


User avatar
Jak Snide
 
Posts: 5457
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 7:14 am
Location: London

Re: Blargh. Must post earlier in the evening.

Unread postby Jak Snide » Tue Jul 29, 2003 4:14 pm

Waiting until the mage had said his piece, the archer spoke up.

"Petlamin's m'name, or Petty, if you preffer. Archer ext'aordinaire. Can do a bit of magic wit' my arrows, and some by it'elf to. Like t'ese people here, I'm a merc sometimes, alt'ough I don't plan t'make a life job of it."


User avatar
Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!
 
Posts: 3604
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 2:02 am
Location: New Zealand

Re: Blargh. Must post earlier in the evening.

Unread postby Kelne » Tue Jul 29, 2003 7:20 pm

"I'm Jarl," the fighter spoke up, "I'm more of the carreer type merc, least until I get enough cash to retire. Been at it for about five years now, met Andre here a couple years back, and we figured we made a good team, so we stuck together."

"I'm Andre Meritt," the mage said softly, "I'm a black mage, as you may have guessed, and I'm in pretty much the same boat as Jarl." Seemingly embarrassed by the attention, Andre trailed off. This only left Assassin to speak.


User avatar
Endadelta
( ◕ ω ◕ )
 
Posts: 3053
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2002 1:37 am

Re: Blargh. Must post earlier in the evening.

Unread postby Endadelta » Fri Aug 01, 2003 4:18 am

Assassin did not speak up. He appeared to be looking over at the statues. However, after a few moments had passed, he returned his attention to the main group at hand.

"Yes. You may call me 'Assassin'. I herald from the world of 'Water'. I do not have gills of any kind. I have come to do work for you. That should be sufficient."


Next

Return to Gaera Main RPs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron

Yalogank