Carved in Stone (full Philsys RP)

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
Jak Snide

Re: Drastic measures.

Unread postby Jak Snide » Thu Oct 09, 2003 4:26 pm

"Well, we might get t'pay. Probably should get t'lady's husband back, t'ough."

While the notion of going after some random mage wasn't always appealing to Petty, he felt a bit adventurous right now. Besides, judging from his performance on the caravan, nothing could stop him.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Thu Oct 09, 2003 5:05 pm

"Jin's based in Kohlingen. So's the mage. Or at least he's got a house there. Never did find out exactly where, though."

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Thu Oct 09, 2003 5:58 pm

(OOC: Since I can't tell by looks alone whether he's actually speaking it out or just thinking it, I'm going to assume it's a thought.)

Silvanus turned to the others after making note of his seemingly successful attempt at persuasion.

"After the caravan gets to Kohlingen, I'm doing some investigating around town. And I ask that some of you-" Here, he noted Idran, Jaeko, Assassin, and Petty. "-come with me."

It wasn't until here that Silvanus realized he missed Siolen. Thus he turned to her, and added, "I'm guessing you're going to want to come too, but that's your decision. Who knows, we could wind up finding your husband."

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Sun Oct 12, 2003 4:05 am

While listening to the interrogation (or, at least that part of it which was audible) Idran seemed to become somewhat distracted by something.

IM: ...Wait, my headache seems to have receded...somewhat, at least. Apparantly, those potions did work...

Silvanus's comment snapped him out of his reverie, however.

"Hmm? Oh, yes, of course. I should be able to help you with that quite a bit, actually, seeing as I live there and all."

Idran smirks a bit before continuing his comment.

"At the least, I should be able to save you some time in finding room and board while you stay there."

Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sun Oct 12, 2003 4:36 am

Jaeko thought to himself. Ahh, Kohlingen. It had been awhile scince he had left there to track down work in Doma City. His mind wandered a bit- If Gargantua was still there, if anyone had tried to loot it, if it has sank....Ah, such worries that come with boatownership.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Mon Oct 13, 2003 5:13 am

"I'll be coming. And... Thank you." For a few brief moments, the icy facade faded, replaced by a look of sheer gratitude. The facade was back soon however, as the weight of her responsibilities settled back into place.

"You don't need to worry about your pay. As far as I'm concerned, you've earnt it." Bad as things were, it didn't take much imagination to see how they could have been a lot worse...

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Hmhm!

Unread postby Endesu » Mon Oct 13, 2003 12:26 pm

Assassin nodded firmly. "That is good to hear..."

And Kohlingen, eh? A place he had not been yet. A new place. He had spent some time wandering before he had agreed to this job.. a bit of sightseeing with the rest of this task would do him some good.

He paused briefly, though, remembering something. He had been stationed in the wagon with a Mage. Andre?

"We seem to be missing.. someone, though. The Mage that I had been paired up with. Where is he?"

And, thinking to himself, is there any chance that my cooking equipment has not been ruined in the crash of the wagons?

Jak Snide

Re: Hmhm!

Unread postby Jak Snide » Mon Oct 13, 2003 2:33 pm

Petty nodded to Silvanus, confirming that he'd be joining him with a quick "Aye, I'll come wit'ye."

He then turned his attention to Assassin's question, and took a quick look around for said mage. Or his corpse. The possibility that the man had been killed in the attack wasn't beyond doubt.

Divinegon2130

Looks like it falls upon me to bring this back.

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Thu Oct 16, 2003 8:50 am

Silvanus nodded upon hearing Siolen confirm she wanted to come. But there was still another matter....

"....now what do the rest of you think we should do with this guy here?" Silvanus asked the rest of the group, indicating the bandit he had mentally interrogated.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Thu Oct 16, 2003 5:06 pm

A quick scan of the wagons still on the road, and now stopped, revealed that Andre was still in his place on the last one, helping patch up one of the wounded passengers.

"We bring him with us," Siolen said decisively, "Once he's shown us where his boss is, we can turn him over to the authorities."

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Thu Oct 16, 2003 9:45 pm

Jaeko simply nodded. "I can agree to that. I'll help keep him in line, too. You'd be surprised how effective a bullet to the kneecaps is for keeping a man out of trouble, should it come to that."

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Sun Oct 19, 2003 2:46 am

"...And what to we do about those?"

Idran gestures to the unconscious gargoyle still held on the wagon, and the similarly incapacitated one ahead of such.

"I doubt they can tell us anything, but who knows? They may be intelligent."

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Drawbacks..

Unread postby Endesu » Mon Oct 20, 2003 11:42 am

Assassin had been trained to fight and to plan.. fighting, but he had covered nothing about the bodies beyond burying them.

"If you have some way of making sure they do not betray us or slow us down in any way, I'm sure they'd make fine companions. Note that I lack some such faith in them."

He nodded, and made a dash over to the wagon that Andre was still stationed in, taking care of a wounded one. Certainly, he wanted to take a closer look at the mage, but he also wanted to see if his stir fry set had survived. You have to eat some time..

Divinegon2130

Re: Drawbacks..

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Wed Oct 22, 2003 9:05 pm

"Those things?" Silvanus looked over to the gargoyles Idran had suggested.

"If you can get them to talk, go right on ahead. Good luck doing it though."

Having said this, Silvanus walked over to the bandit and, prepared to grab if he must, told him, "All right boy, you're coming with us."

Any sign of the bandit being unwilling to come with them and Silvanus would tackle the fellow.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Thu Oct 23, 2003 6:07 am

Intelligent or not, it seemed the gargoyles wouldn't be talking anytime soon. Though the change was less obvious than for Orlan, closer examination revealed that they too had been turned to stone.

Andre simply sighed and shook his head upon seeing Assassin's beeline for the cookware. He'd spent enough time around Assassin by now to have become accustomed to his little quirks. Thankfully, the stir fry set had survived intact, though judging by the proximity of one arrow, it had been a close thing.

For his part, the bandit seemed to be avoiding any sudden moves. He had no intention of bringing the wrath of the entire caravan down on him. Silvanus was able to direct him where he would.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Thu Oct 23, 2003 4:43 pm

Not hearing much opinion on his offer, Idran approaches the gargoyle still within his spell. Checking to see if it is conscious, he discovers the creature's condition. He releases the spell, for obvious reasons, and goes to check on the other Gargoyle, finding the same result. Not knowing if the mage who caused this is still around or not, he heads back to the group.

"Apparantly, whoever petrified Orlan there also took care of those two gargoyles. They've been petrified as well."

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Mon Oct 27, 2003 9:46 pm

After getting the bandit to the nearest wagon, Silvanus looked toward Idran.

"Dunno whether the mage is overcautious or just plain stupid zapping his minions."

He then turned toward the wagon again.

"I'm guessing the latter."

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Tue Oct 28, 2003 11:21 pm

Jaeko thought for a minute, then ran his hand through his hair.

"I'd say he did well. Stopped them from talking, at least....And aren't gargoyles usually stone to begin with? I'm thinking maybe whoever did it can do it both ways."

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Unread postby Endesu » Tue Oct 28, 2003 11:31 pm

Assassin wasn't there to listen in.

He had been content to discover that his stir fry set had survived the crash. He cradled them briefly before considering a way to carry them. He pondered, and looked around for some easy way to carry them - a crate, perhaps? A bundle of rags from the ruined wagons..?

He briefly cast an eye on Andre, as well. "It seems you are all right. But Orlan was apparently a traitor in our midst, and he had some hand in this bandit attack. And while the bandits are gone, the husband of our employer has been kidnapped. So we will be taking a trip to Kholingen."

He nodded and looked further..

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Sat Nov 01, 2003 3:48 pm

Idran thinks for a bit after the exchange between Silvanus and Jaeko, seeming to come to a conclusion soon after.

"Hmm. What may work best for getting information is taking Orlan with us to Kohlingen. We should be able to dig up a Soft in town, and once we get there, it'll be much harder for this wizard to sneak up on us. We may want to get moving fairly soon, also. I'd prefer not risking one of us getting petrified, myself."

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sat Nov 01, 2003 5:24 pm

Jaeko nodded in agreement, and checked over his equipment one more time, making sure he had everything. With that out of the way, he simply gave the scene one last look-around, informing the others that he was ready when they were.

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Sun Nov 02, 2003 9:21 pm

"Carry t'at guy all t'way t'ere? It'd slow us down a bit."

He wasn't relishing the prospect of carrying a statue for several hours.

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sun Nov 02, 2003 10:29 pm

"Well, if the wagons are still going, we could just put him in one of those, couldn't we?"

Jaeko straightened his jacket, also not liking the idea of carrying a statue, but equally not liking the idea of just leaving the man where he was.

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Mon Nov 03, 2003 12:16 am

"T'at's an idea." he replied, admitedly not having considered the caravan before.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Mon Nov 03, 2003 5:43 am

"Wait, what?" Andre asked, turning a stare on Assassin. "I thought we'd beaten them. Damn it all."

Meanwhile, Assassin's search for something to carry his cookware in bore fruit in the form of a spare sack.

From activity around the wrecked wagon, it seemed the damage wasn't irreperable, though it would take some time to get it back on the road. Otherwise, the caravan was basically intact. Twin clouds of dust in the distance marked the somewhat late return of the other scouts on chocoboback.

This presented a possible solution. Sticking with the caravan, Kohlingen was still another three days away. More, depending on how long repairs to the wagon took. Appropriate some chocobos for the non-fliers of the party, and the distance could be covered in a single day if they pushed. Of course, transporting the statue of Orlan would be impossible if they chose this approach.

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Unread postby Endesu » Mon Nov 03, 2003 12:40 pm

Assassin had confirmed his message to Andre, adding "At least we're still being paid."

His discovery of the spare sack was one of relief, and he utilized it quite eagerly for his stir fry needs.

When the time came to make a decision, Assassin was forced to ponder the issue. "Well.. if you intend to bring the statue, then I'd vote that we move by wagon."

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Mon Nov 03, 2003 9:38 pm

"I have to agree. Even ignoring the statue question, if we all go ahead to town, what's keeping the caravan from being attacked again. The bandits, despite damaging the wagons, didn't appear to be that successful in thieving anything, and they may want to hit the caravan again if they notice a large group heading off on chocobo."

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Tue Nov 04, 2003 9:25 pm

Why are they even asking this?
Which question?
Whether to bring the statue or not. The guy's probably not ever gonna be normal anyway, and what's to prevent him from getting turned to stone right after we un-petrify him?
True....
So we should just take the chocobos and be done with it.

"I'm for sticking with the wagons," Silvanus finally stated. "Though I'd have to say I've got disagreement from a close companion of mine."

Right as he said this, Silvanus pointed to the sword strapped to his back, the same one he had temporarily pulled in the middle of the fight.

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Unread postby Endesu » Wed Nov 05, 2003 12:37 pm

Assassin did not remark on this. A sword talking to its master? That seemed to be a common trend on this world.

"But yes. At least, if we move by wagon, we'll have some preemptive defense versus another thief attack."

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Mon Nov 10, 2003 8:46 pm

"It seems that most here agree that the wagons are the best choice, at least among those that have spoken up already. Of course, we could always leave some here to defend the caravan and bring the statue, while the rest go on ahead to Kohlingen to investigate, and meet up with the others when they arrive."

He looks at Silvanus after saying this, smirking slightly as he continues to speak.

"Of course, I suppose this solution wouldn't work for all the dissenters in the group."

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Mon Nov 10, 2003 9:19 pm

Jaeko decided now was the time to speak up-

"Well...The problem is, if we move too slowly, the guy might get away. Don't know about the rest of you, but I don't want a guy who can turn people to stone to slip away that easily. I'd say the chocobos are the better choice, and just hope that the wagons show up with statue-boy here in time to be helpful."

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Fri Nov 14, 2003 8:55 pm

"T'at sounds like an idea. If we go ahead, we can get t'work while t'others guard t'caravan."

The archer looked around, trying to judge how many "others" there were to guard the caravan.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Sat Nov 15, 2003 4:28 am

From the looks, there were still a good twenty people left to guard the caravan, though a few were still being patched up with potions and the like. Siolen, for her part, was quietly listening to the conversation, weighing alternatives.

"I think they can handle themselves," she said at length, "And the bandits didn't look to be in good enough shape to come back any time soon. I'd prefer to find their leader before they can reorganise."

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sat Nov 15, 2003 4:59 am

Jaeko nodded. It seems things were going his way, after all.
"So, the chocobos, then?"

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Sat Nov 15, 2003 7:04 am

"T'at's t'way it looks."

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Sat Nov 15, 2003 7:18 am

"Sounds good to me."

Idran turns to Siolen, to get clarification on a point.

"From the sound of things, you'll be joining us, I take it?"

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Sat Nov 15, 2003 9:37 am

Silvanus shrugged. The sword's opinion, whether anyone else knew it or not, had won out, and Silvanus wasn't too happy about it.

"*sigh* All right, chocobos it is then."

Well, well, I convinced you pretty easily there.
It wasn't you that did it.
Then who?
The others.
Yeah, right.

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Unread postby Endesu » Sat Nov 15, 2003 1:52 pm

Assassin did not care enough to comment on the issue. So the statue of the traitor would still be retained.. but, by others.

They, on the other hand, would be utilizing 'Chocobos' - those.. yellow bird type creatures. Well, it didn't matter to him. His concerns were on being paid or not.

He adjusted his stir fry pack on his back and basically let on that he was ready to move, whether by this plan or another.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Brooming

Unread postby Kelne » Wed Nov 19, 2003 6:58 pm

"Yes, I'll be coming," Siolen said, "I'd go mad just waiting around with the caravan." Seeing that a consensus had been reached, she set about procuring suitable chocobos for the trip. It was still early, and there was a good deal of traveling time left in the day.

After some discussion, it was decided that Andre would remain with the caravan in case the bandits decided to try their luck again, unlikely as that might seem. A dour faced individual by the name of Herik was left in charge of the caravan, charged with completing the repairs as soon as possible and continuing to Kohlingen.

After patching up the worst of everyone's damage with a few potions from the caravan's stores and a few false starts getting Assassin used to riding, the group made fairly good time. Their prisoner darted nervous glance about on a regular basis, but thought better of any escape attempt.

The night was spent at a cold campsite, with the bandit tied securely to a handy tree, and someone on watch at all times. Morning saw them back on the road early, after a somewhat hurried breakfast. By noon, the coast and Kohlingen had drawn into sight. Siolen drew her reins in atop a small rise short of the city, bringing the group to a halt for a final conference before entering.

Jak Snide

Re: Brooming

Unread postby Jak Snide » Thu Nov 20, 2003 8:25 am

"So where did y'get t'at t'ing from, anyway?"

Petty had stuck up a conversation with Jaeko a short while previous to their arrival, finally having decided to sate his curiosity concerning the man's weapon.

PreviousNext

Return to Gaera Main RPs