Carved in Stone (full Philsys RP)

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Re: Blargh. Must post earlier in the evening.

Unread postby Kelne » Sun Aug 03, 2003 7:00 am

Siolen turned a rather blank look on Assassin. After a few moments, she apparently decided that it simply wasn't worth pressing for details. Resuming her interview process, she continued, "There are a couple of things that you should all bear in mind. I expect anybody coming along to pull their weight, and to follow orders. If any of you have a problem with that, you should leave now."

She gave a momentary pause, for the unlikely event that someone might take her up on that offer. "Otherwise, we can move on to the next part of the interview. Who wants to go first?"

(OOC: Two choices here - you can either fire something at "Jimmy", or you get up to three 'moves' to get past Orlan's defenses or otherwise incapacitate him.)

Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sun Aug 03, 2003 7:10 am

Jaeko glanced at 'Jimmy' as a series of thoughts ran through his head. He quickly did a calculation in his head, and turned to Siolen...

"Say, if I used a technique that was particularly draining on myself, would I have a chance to rest up before we left? Because I have something in mind I think you're going to like..."

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Sun Aug 03, 2003 7:15 am

"We've still got a while yet until we'll be ready to go," Siolen said, "so knock yourself out."

Shinigori V2

Gigacheese AWAY!

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sun Aug 03, 2003 7:30 am

Jaeko chuckled to himself.

"I just might."

With that, he reached onto his back and pulled a pair of shotguns, one single barrel, one double barrel, with small groves and notches in the top of both, seeming to fit into one another. He flipped the single barreled one onto the top of the double barreled one, and pushed down hard, causing them to click together, forming the jewel of his collection, the Divine Nightmare. He then raised the massive gun at 'Jimmy', and began channeling his power into the gun, causing it to glow slightly with a black aura.

"It takes a second, but I don't think you'll be disappointed!"

(Divine Nightmare Blast on 'Jimmy', Jaeko is holding back a slight bit, and trying to will the energy to be as contained as possible. How well he succeeds is up to you, Mr. GM sir.)

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

OVERKILL

Unread postby Kelne » Sun Aug 03, 2003 8:45 am

Whatever Jimmy might have been made to withstand, it was definitely not this. To Jaeko's credit, the blast only encompassed the wooden dummy. And a section of wall. When the sphere of energy burned itself out, there was no trace to be found of Jimmy, and a large hole in the wall.

Amidst the chaos of people trying to calm frantic chocobos, Siolen was absolutely silent, apparently searching for appropriate words. "That," she said at length, "is coming out of your pay check."

"Gods above, woman!" an irate male voice sounded from the hole, "It's bad enough that you've turned that place into a fancy warehouse. Now you're blasting holes in the walls?!"

Siolen's response was limited to one word, "Next." Her neighbour's face turned extremely pale, and vanished with alacrity.

"Honey? Are you alright?" This question came from a man in a grey outfit who had emerged from the house.

At length, order was restored, Siolen's husband reassured, and a more conventional bullseye target found to replace the late Jimmy. Jaeko was given a generally wide berth by all concerned.

"Alright, let's try that again," Siolen said, motioning for the next person to take their turn, "This time without any holes in the wall."

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Re: OVERKILL

Unread postby Endesu » Sun Aug 03, 2003 1:39 pm

Assassin remained silent for a moment longer, but finally spoke up. "I suppose I shall go next. No sense in delaying the inevitable 'proving self' chapter of this meeting.

Show me this 'Orlan', if you would.."

Shinigori V2

Re: Carved in Stone (full Philsys RP)

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sun Aug 03, 2003 5:34 pm

Jaeko could only let off a short, quiet string of cursing while trying to keep his balance after being drained from his attack. But the way he saw it, as long as he got some money in the end, enough to keep him going untill the next job popped up, it would be fine.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Re: OVERKILL

Unread postby Kelne » Sun Aug 03, 2003 7:18 pm

Siolen pointed helpfully to the man with the quarterstaff, who was leaning on it with what seemed to be studied casualness. Noting Assassin's attention, Orlan brought the weapon up into a guard position.

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Presentation..

Unread postby Endesu » Sun Aug 03, 2003 7:22 pm

Assassin noted the man and approached him slowly, giving a small 'bow' of respect before drawing his blade. After a moment's pause had passed, he lunged forward with a simple slash.

(Slashing attack, no 'empowerments')

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Re: Presentation..

Unread postby Kelne » Sun Aug 03, 2003 7:45 pm

Orlan blocked Assassin's first strike easily, catching the blow right in the centre of his quarterstaff. Disengaging, he spun the weapon in a series of defensive arcs, waiting patiently for the next move.

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Unread postby Endesu » Sun Aug 03, 2003 8:21 pm

Assassin took a step back, pacing himself against the staff's abilities.

... before stepping back, and, with a quick forward bound, sent the blade downward in a chopping motion towards Orlan.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Sun Aug 03, 2003 9:43 pm

Having gagued his moment perfectly, Assassin finished his move, taking care not to bite too deeply as the blade touched skin.

"That will do, I think," Siolen said, nodding. "Who wants to try their hand next?"

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Sun Aug 03, 2003 10:02 pm

IM: Well, I doubt she'd appreciate a giant boulder in the middle of her courtyard, so I guess I'd better try my luck against this Orlan fellow.

"I'll go for the next test. However, if you have another staff, it would be appreciated. My only close combat weapon is a knife, and I don't trust myself enough to not cut or stab him if I do manage to get through his defenses."

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Unread postby Endesu » Sun Aug 03, 2003 10:06 pm

Assassin gave a second small 'bow' before stepping back with the others. It was interesting, admittedly, to see these other potentials gauge their abilities. It would give him a good idea of whom he would be working with soon enough..

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Sun Aug 03, 2003 11:10 pm

"Sure," Orlan said cheerfully, turning, "Oi, Hiram, chuck us another staff!" It wasn't long before the staff arrived, and Orlan handed it to Idran with a slight flourish.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Sun Aug 03, 2003 11:35 pm

"Ah, thank you. Now, then..."

Idran steps towards Orlan, brandishing the staff. As Orlan continues his defensive spins, Idran makes a fake to the head, moving into a between-the-leg swipe if Orlan attempts to block the strike.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Mon Aug 04, 2003 9:41 pm

Orlan fell for the bait, bringig his staff up to block a high blow. This left him open for Idran's true attack, which caught him hard on the shin.

"Good enough, I'd say," Siolen said, "Particularly if you have magic to back it up." And that, it seemed, was that. On to the next person.

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Mon Aug 04, 2003 10:11 pm

Petlamin had watched silently as the others showed of their skills. The melee boys he cared little for. They could play with their sticks and knives all they wanted. The man with the magical weapon, on the other hand, proved a major threat to his ego. I mean, he couldn't let some goon with a weapon capable of reducing a man to ash get the better of him. He needed to show of his skill and finesse.

Taking his bow into hand, and notching an arrow, he set his sights dead on the center of the target. Of course, he couldn't stop there. His ego wouldn't allow it. Charging the arrow with a dose of holy magic, he waited a moment, just to let everyone take in his abilities, before finally shooting, aiming for a bullseye.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Mon Aug 04, 2003 11:37 pm

Petlamin's shot hit the target dead center (naturally), overlaying the existing circle with a distinct scorch mark from the radiating holy magic. Siolen nodded, apparently impressed.

The others took their turns soon afterwards, Andre's efforts setting the target on fire. Fortunately, there was a bucket of water on hand to put it out. Jarl managed, with difficulty, to hit Orlan in the side with the flat of his axe. Finally, Silvanus accomplished a similar feat with considerably more ease.

"The other question to be answered is whether any of you have tracking skills," Siolen said, "I'd assume that Silvanus can watch the road from the air, but the more advance warning we can get for an attack, the better."

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=kelne>Kelne</A]&nbsp; Image at: 8/5/03 8:51 pm

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Wed Aug 06, 2003 2:22 am

Petlamin mentally nodded to himself, still feeling elated from his display of skill. While he wouldn't admit it, he was a little worried that his aim would be a touch off.

"Well, I got a set of t'sharpest eyes t'is side of Riva. T'acking, however, isn't anyt'ing I've trained in, t'ough."

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Wed Aug 06, 2003 3:13 am

Idran sets the staff against a nearby wall. He walks back up to Siolen from where he had been watching the last few tests, having been well impressed with the skills of the other applicants.

"I don't have any practice in that specific field either, myself. However, I have walked the Doma-Kohlingen route more than a couple of times, so I'd say I'm fairly familiar with it. That should be at least some help in following these bandits."

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Fri Aug 08, 2003 2:12 am

"I've got a bit of tracking experience," Jarl said, "I can give the ground a once-over, at least. Let you know if anyone's been around lately."

Siolen nodded, "Well, that about covers my side of things. Does anybody have any questions?"

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Fri Aug 08, 2003 3:41 am

Jaeko, still recovering slightly from his attack, simply shook his head. Although he had a question, it wasn't of any importance to the group and could be taken up with Siolen in private. All he really wanted to know was how much of his pay was going to get cut.

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Unread postby Endesu » Fri Aug 08, 2003 5:22 am

Assassin simply stood there, silent as ever..

He had waited through the rest.. and he now waited for these 'questions' to pass. So much trouble.. these statues could be valuable, yes, but how valuable, and why the stress over risk?

Questions, questions..

Edited by: Crawling Reshiki at: 8/9/03 3:35 am

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Tue Aug 12, 2003 4:42 am

"No? Alright, then. We'll be leaving in a couple of hours, so be here then. See Marcus at the front desk if you want an advance to purchase any supplies." With that, Siolen turned back to overseeing the loading of the wagons, though her presence didn't really seem necessary.

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Wed Aug 13, 2003 12:17 am

The archer grinned to himself, and turned to the others.

"Looks like we're in, t'en. I'm Petty, if you didn't cat' me name earlier. Sure it'll be a pleasure working wit' you all."

No point starting out on the wrong foot, he reasoned to himself. Nothing worse than your own allies disliking you, after all.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Wed Aug 13, 2003 12:19 am

Idran leaves the courtyard, heading back inside towards Marcus.

"Yes, Ms. Ceris said to see you for an advance on our pay, if we need supplies? I need around 700 gil or so, for potions and whatnot."

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Wed Aug 13, 2003 1:22 am

Jaeko followed Idran to collect his advance, hoping against hope that he'd be able to get full pay, but still doubting it highly.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Wed Aug 13, 2003 3:07 am

"That shouldn't be a problem," Marcus said, "Although there won't be much left of the gunman's pay after an advance." So saying, he opened a drawer of the desk, removing several sheets of paper. Filling in the top one, he handed it to Idran.

"Letter of credit," he explained, "Good in most stores in the city."

"Jarl," Jarl replied, extending a hand to shake with Petty. "And, like you said, a pleasure."

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Wed Aug 13, 2003 4:17 am

"Ah, I see. Thank you."

Idran leaves the building, heading for the first store he can find which seems to carry potions. Once he finds it, he enters.

"Hello, good sir. I'm leaving on a journey fairly soon, so I'd like to see your supply of potions, both health- and energy-replenishing."

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Unread postby Endesu » Wed Aug 13, 2003 1:27 pm

Assassin nodded to Petty briefly. He had no need to gain additional supplies, for he had all he needed on his own body.. no additional supplies or potions would be neede..

He paused briefly, taking a minor item into consideration. His culinary studies..

With this thought, Assassin turned tail and began to head in the same direction that Idran and Jaeko had gone..

Divinegon2130

Sorry for the extended delay.

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Wed Aug 13, 2003 6:31 pm

Silvanus nodded after hearing what Siolen had said. He was fairly impressed by what the others were capable of... but he had the feeling he needed to be careful after what Jaeko had done.

He walked over to Marcus carefully, and then said, "Hello. Mrs. Ceris said to see you regarding an advance for any supplies needed.... I probably won't need more than 400 gil, though."

Shinigori V2

Re: Sorry for the extended delay.

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Wed Aug 13, 2003 6:43 pm

Jaeko thought about it for a minute and then decided.

"Yeah, I think I'll need about 400 myself...Assuming I still have that much after what just happened."

It was a good thing he was wearing his reflective glasses, because Jaeko couldn't stand it when people could see shame and humiliation in his eyes.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Thu Aug 14, 2003 10:12 pm

"Certainly," Marcus said, filling in a pair of letters and handing one to each.

Idran's search for potions brought him to a neat, orderly store run by an elf. Apparently used to this request, he brought out a rack of potions. "Your basic minor healing potion costs 40 gil, with more powerful ones at 180. As far as mana restoratives go, they're 150 gil apiece." Each of these had been pointed out in turn, but they were only a small portion of the rack. Numerous other vials and bottles filled it, intended for who knew what.

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Thu Aug 14, 2003 10:14 pm

Apparently, it seemed like none of his "allies" were interested in talking, besides Jarl. Feeling just a little hurt, Petty shook his hand, then followed the others. He didn't really need to buy anything, but he wouldn't mind an ale or two before setting off.

Edited by: Jak Snide&nbsp; Image at: 8/25/03 4:55 am

Shinigori V2

I was going to do this, I just forgot. Seriously.

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Thu Aug 14, 2003 10:19 pm

Jaeko looked over his shoulder and regarded Petty with a smirk. He had seen archers before, but they weren't very impressive, and he didn't think Petty would be a huge exception, but as the only other ranged fighter in the group, he figured he should get to know the guy.

"Nice shot, there. I can see between the two of us, we can make these guys and their pointy sticks look like a group of morons. Practice often?"

Jak Snide

Re: I was going to do this, I just forgot. Seriously.

Unread postby Jak Snide » Thu Aug 14, 2003 10:36 pm

Pleased to see that someone else had actually noted his existence, Petty was quick to reply.

"A litt'e. Been a while since I needed any, act'ally. T'aveling keeps your skill up by it'elf, wit' all t't'oubles about and all. Anyway, what's t'at t'ing you blast'd poor Jimmy wit'?"

Edited by: Jak Snide&nbsp; Image at: 8/25/03 4:56 am

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Fri Aug 15, 2003 1:55 am

"Hmm. I'll take...4 of the mana restoratives and 2 of the lesser health potions. My employer said that you'd take this for payment?"

Idran holds out the letter of credit, offering it for the shopkeeper's approval.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Fri Aug 15, 2003 2:49 am

"Yes, that will be fine," the elf said, producing some bottles from beneath the counter, along with 20 gil. The letter disappeared under the counter. "Use them in good health."

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Fri Aug 15, 2003 3:03 am

Jaeko raised a brow at Pettys comment. He hadn't ever heard his Nightmare be referred to as "little" before, though he was proud of it none the less.

"Oh, that? Thats my Divine Nightmare. It's really just something for me to dump my magic energy into and fire off, but it sucks the life out of ya. Thats why I needed this time to rest and recover...Still feeling it a bit, actually."

Jaeko now turned his attention to finding the potion shop, so he could stock up on what he needed, aswell.

PreviousNext

Return to Gaera Main RPs