The Curse of the Shadow Walkers (freestyle RP)

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
The Duelist

Re: Lawyer's Fee: 50 Million Gil.

Unread postby The Duelist » Sun May 16, 2004 8:18 pm

"Hmm...Wondaful, S'cuse me for being too busy runnin afta that fella to give a shit. I'll take the shot, just shut yer damn mouth!" Trigger said, his face forming a snarl.

He did not have to put up with this sort of shit from whip-man, no sir, most definetely not.

Celeste of Elvenhame

Re: Lawyer's Fee: 50 Million Gil.

Unread postby Celeste of Elvenhame » Sun May 16, 2004 11:14 pm

Sybil ignored the arguing men disdainfully. After taking a careful gage of the cliff, she stripped off her boots and tucked them into her belt. THen she began to shimmy down the cliff like the thief she once had been, finding toe and hand holds where to most there would be none. She concentrated completely on her movements as she moved downward.

Nick Shogun

Sybil showing up the boys: Priceless

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Mon May 17, 2004 1:19 am

Bardent's shadow looked at Klaus. "Idiot. You won't find me; I'm here. Everywhere. In the wind. But maybe, if you go far enough north, you'll find me..."

The shadow blurred, then vanished, leaving the three hunters alone.

"Great," started Meryle. "A creepy shadow guy. Let's find the others, okay?"

SALSAlys

Rawr!

Unread postby SALSAlys » Mon May 17, 2004 12:07 pm

Dammit, Zakara thought. I WANTED to ask why he was so interested in this place.... but apparently that mage made him... gr.

She shook her shoulders out, eyes narrowing.

"Hope they haven't gotten into too much trouble," she commented before turning back.

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=salsalys>SALSAlys</A] at: 5/19/04 1:33 am

The Duelist

Some things money can't buy...Everything else, there's Mercs

Unread postby The Duelist » Mon May 17, 2004 4:50 pm

Trigger touched down (probably after Sybil, but who knows?) and quickly moved into a run.

He wasn't losing this SOB, not a chance...

Nick Shogun

We Love the Dutch

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Mon May 17, 2004 11:46 pm

Dovev followed after Sybil and Trigger, and soon the three were sprinting through the trench. Sybil, being the smallest and most agile, was about a hundred feet ahead of the others, but she could just barely make out a shape in the distance. It was fast, and she was actually losing ground...

~

Meryle, Michael, and Zakara trudged through the forest, toward the others. Meryle had extinguished her light, leaving Klaus to guide them.

It wasn't long before they reached the same trench, only about half a mile away from Sybil's position. The others were ahead of them, but they had no idea.

"Whoa, I know this place..." Meryle started. "It's the big gorge that runs between Baron and the Barren Desert. It's supposed to be almost fifty miles long... not quite sure about that," she said.

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

I don't... I mean... what did they ever do for me?

Unread postby ChristianC » Tue May 18, 2004 5:53 pm

Dovev cursed under his breath, at this rate none of them would manage to keep up with that... thing for much longer, both he and Trigger had already fallen behind, and he didn't think that girl... what was her name... Sybil, would manage to do it either, the creature just didn't seem to have a limit to it's stamina... which isn't what you could say about Dovev.

The Duelist

Nigel Powers: I can't stand the bloody dutch!

Unread postby The Duelist » Tue May 18, 2004 7:09 pm

Inwardly, Trigger wondered why the hell he was trying to do this. He wasn't going to catch this guy, and if he did, it would be because the bastard let him. Payment or no, he hadn't had to run like this in a while.

Still, he was going to keep running. And silently contemplate just what he was going to do to this thing when he caught up with it.

SALSAlys

Re: We Love the Dutch

Unread postby SALSAlys » Wed May 19, 2004 1:37 am

Zakara glanced down the gorge, then to the sides.

"Impressive," she commented. "Should I send up flares?" she asked absently, eyes skimming towards the sky. "It would help us find the others, or help them find us, but it could alert other things."

wkz

OOOoooOOOooooo......

Unread postby wkz » Thu May 20, 2004 12:36 am

The light died from Klaus's hands. "Guess this is my spellcasting limit." Klaus thought to himself. "....... Why is it so brigh....... Oh! OOOOoooooOOOooooo. Sparkles!! O.o"

Zakara did not notice, but Meryle did, and was groaning to herself: Klaus was now captivated by the multitude of small sparks that Zakara used to light her way....

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=wkz@rpgww60462>wkz</A] at: 5/20/04 12:40 am

Nick Shogun

The dutch invented chocolate, though! That's why!

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Thu May 20, 2004 1:12 am

Meryle sighed. "Why is it that the sparkly ones get all the attention?" she thought. Then she set off. There was, luckily, a small rocky path leading into the gorge (which Dovev and others were too far away to utilize). She got a third of the way down and motioned for the others to follow her into the dark crevice.

"No time to send signal flares. We might give away our own location. We'll be fine."

~

Meryle and the others were behind Dovev, but only by a mile or so. But those three had been running for several minutes. The giant in front of them, however, was a quick bastard, and had completely disappeared into the growing darkness.

Trigger had almost given up hope, when he saw torches in the distance.

SALSAlys

CHOCCY!

Unread postby SALSAlys » Thu May 20, 2004 9:12 am

Zakara nodded slightly before heading after Meryle, trying her best to ignore the mage.

If he says "Ooh, SPARKLES!" just ONE more time, I'm going to SLAP him, she thought in annoyance.

The Duelist

Re: CHOCCY!

Unread postby The Duelist » Thu May 20, 2004 12:02 pm

Under Trigger's poncho, a half a dozen small weapons were immediately readied.

Just because there were torches ahead, didn't mean they were friendly. He could very well be running to his death, and there wouldn't be much around to help him out. Still though, he had not yet drawn his pistol. That was always the last option. Always.

Nick Shogun

Exactly! Go dutch!

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Fri May 21, 2004 12:32 am

As Trigger neared, the shadows cleared and the gunman realized that the torches were not being wielded... they had a shape... a square shape, and they were high, suspended in the air...

The three hunters looked at their destination, the Stone Keep, a huge edifice built into the stone walls of the huge trench.

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Well... uhh... damn it

Unread postby ChristianC » Fri May 21, 2004 8:05 am

Dovev was breathing heavily as the three arrived at the large keep. He stared at it for a moment and then took off his glasses, cleaning them on his shirt.

"I would presume our prey has gone inside... he might've set a trap inside, but there doesn't seem to be any other way to get inside..." He walked up to the large door, inspecting it carefully.

The Duelist

Of Tobacco Addictions and Covering One's Bum...

Unread postby The Duelist » Fri May 21, 2004 9:56 pm

Trigger just shook his head. He needed a cigar, badly. But it would just kill his concentration AND his night vision if he did.

He was ready for a showdown, and chances were he'd get one.

"Youse really tinking we should walk in dere now? I'da suggest we at least put somethin ere in case da uhduhs come ere, so dey know we're inside."

Nick Shogun

Cover One's Bum with What, exactly?

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Sat May 22, 2004 8:13 pm

Meryle, Zakara, and Michael were running, fast. Beating down the dirt, gravel-ridden path that had been carved out in ancient days by traveling nomads, Meryle secretly wished she was someone else, somewhere else. This was too much.

With a kick and a hop, Meryle came to a halt. Zakara and Klaus darted past her and skidded to a stop as a beam of light appeared in her hand. "You were right, Zakara. We can't worry about danger now. We need to contact the others."

She fired the blue magic into the sky. After reaching a height of 500 feet, it exploded in the shape of a beautiful butterfly.

~

Half a mile ahead, around a sharp bend in the trench, the other three hunters stared at a large metal door. Dovev was running his hands over it, looking for a weakness, when it began to creak. He stepped back, toward Sybil and Trigger, as the huge metal frame swung open to reveal yet another of the night's surprises.

A mammoth creature stood in the center of the doorway, almost blotting out the torchlight with his body, with a stern expression on his face. Electricity crackled from a small metal rod poking out of his head, and his eyes gleamed a magnificent blood red. This creature was at least two heads taller than the mustached chicken theif Trigger may have remembered as "Burke."

~

Deep within the echoing walls of the stone keep, a shrill laughter bounced from floor to ceiling.

"As if they thought they could accomplish anything," the voice cackled, grinning at the three hunters as their images flickered on a strange, reflective surface in the room.

Another figure stood to his left. It was shirtless, and had a cross-shaped scar on its left eye. "Your serum wasn't good enough. After they shocked me, I faded away."

"Electricity will do that to a man. A high enough voltage of it, I mean," the cackle responded. "Don't worry. Cro-Magnum will handle them. He's a body-builder's dream."

Celeste of Elvenhame

Re: Cover One's Bum with What, exactly?

Unread postby Celeste of Elvenhame » Sat May 22, 2004 9:37 pm

Sybil stared for a moment. "Allright, which one of you ordered that?" she asked. Then she looked about for something to club it with, even her long knives were not likely to do damage to that thing.

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

With toothpaste and syrup, of course.

Unread postby ChristianC » Sun May 23, 2004 5:46 am

Dovev took several steps back as the large, human-like... thing appeared in the doorway. For a moment he didn't say anything, just stared at it.

"I..." he began, moving a hand to his whip slowly, "I think... I think we're going to have to fight this thing."

wkz

I keep telling ye', Klaus + flashy spells .....

Unread postby wkz » Sun May 23, 2004 9:11 am

"OOOooOOOooo..." Klaus stared at the butterfly signal flare. "Nice..."

Soon, the flare faded, but Klaus's attention was still on the skies. And he was still running forward. He promptly tripped on a rock.

Luckly, he survived that fall with only a bruise on the forehead. He stood up, dusted himself off, and ran after his collegues. "Meryle" Klaus asked "How did you cast that spell? Especially how did you make its shape that way. Is it partofthe itselfspell, or is it changable bythe caster?Ifso then howisthe spellchanged?Ican only make a lightspell,isit relatedtolight spells and ......." (and so on and so forth)

Nick Shogun

Damn, I forgot, ha...

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Mon May 24, 2004 3:15 am

Meryle sighed as they ran. "Slow down, I can hardly understand you, Klaus--" She leapt over a broken tree branch and continued. "It's a signal flare. Maybe you could say, 'a projectile light spell.' Like when we created light to see in the forest, only I can send it several hundred feet away before my aura can't sustain its power."

That sounded confusing, she thought.

"Anyway, with magic, you can shape light. After all, light has no definate form. Like water... and fire, and such."

She pondered whether her explanation made any sense to her.

~

Back at the Keep, Cro-Magnum lurched forward a few feet. Being a frankenstein-ish beast, pieced together from various corpses and powered by electricity, he wasn't one for words. Though there were a couple in his head right now, planted there by his mysterious master.

Kill. The. Untruders.

Maybe it was supposed to be Intruders. His mysterious master wasn't much of a speller, he remembered, despite his Lack of Having a Long-Term Memory. His glowing red eyes gazed at the three Intruders. A short, black-haired female, a matured, gray-haired male, and a gun-covered, dark-haired male. All under nine feet tall, he assumed. If this was the case, he would have no problem.

wkz

Damn, I forgot, ha...

Unread postby wkz » Mon May 24, 2004 6:15 am

"oH, a projectile Light spell!" Klaus continued his excited speed-talking to himself, despite Meryle's advice. "Ihave nevertriedOneof those!hmm....maybeIcando ..."==IM=="...that after all,butIamdrained. Rats.shape light.That'sthe Key,shapelight. hmmmmmm... maybeThat'sIT!just like my blade!is it?IsItNot?hmmmmm....."

About then, Klaus had reached backwards about 3 times, trying to feel around for a patchment in his backpack to record down his newest spell idea. Of course, said backpack is back at the manor, fustrating him to no end.

With his mind occupied as such, it is no wonder Klaus did not see the torches in the distance...

(OOC: if it is too soon for the magick team to reach the tower, just say the word, and one edit later, the tower's gone.)

The Duelist

Trigger: MATRIX DIVE!!! ^^

Unread postby The Duelist » Mon May 24, 2004 8:11 am

Trigger was unsure just how much effect a bullet would have on a creature this size. However, he found that it was safe to assume that if he put enough slugs into the thing, it would have to die.

The process could take time, but the outcome was the same.

Dodging away from the creature, he aimed a shot for its knee area. The only thing worse than a nasty big guy, was a FAST nasty big guy, and he didn't want to have to worry about that...

Nick Shogun

Cactus attack!

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Tue May 25, 2004 1:11 am

EDIT: Wkz, the group sees the lights, sure. They're still a good 700 feet away or so, though. Keep on running!

The lights glowed faintly in the distance. Meryle could see they weren't moving, nor in any sort of pattern. Well, maybe a square pattern. Looked like houselights to her. She thought about that.

Then, because multi-tasking was not her forte, she tripped over a branch. As she hit the ground, she let out a loud 'omph' and lay there, taking in the moonlight.

"Ow."

~

Cro-magnum was in fact, very fast when he wanted to be. At this point, he didn't want to be. Actually, the reason he was running at such high speeds through the gorge was that 10,000 volts of electricity was surging through his body. Now he was operating on about 3,000 volts, and quite happy with it.

Trigger's bullet ripped through the air, embedding itself in Cro-magnum's knee... and staying there. Old, moldy flesh, but firm nonetheless. The bullet was stuck in his leg. Cro-magnum looked at it with a question forming in his eyes, then shrugged. Two huge steps brought him forward, and his long, five-foot arm swung outward, reaching for Trigger. The gunman, luckily, was far enough away to evade the massive paw, and Cro-magnum reared back, irritated that the small man was so fast.

Edited by: Nick Shogun at: 5/25/04 1:19 am

Celeste of Elvenhame

I chose you, Mr. Saturn

Unread postby Celeste of Elvenhame » Tue May 25, 2004 2:12 pm

Sybil picked through some fallen brances from the nearby edge of the forest and searched for the lonest, most straight, and STURDY one she could find. Then she rejoined the others, hefting her ready made staff experimentally.

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

CACTUAR, 1000 NEEDLES ATTACK!

Unread postby ChristianC » Tue May 25, 2004 7:25 pm

Dovev had been observing the creature, waiting for a reaction. Seeing as the bullet did it little damage he was unsure what he could do to harm it. As he realizes how badly it had missed Trigger, he stretched out his whip.

IM: "This is going to backfire on me, but it's better than doing nothing..." He lashed out with the whip, hoping to get a grip around the giant's legs, good enough to bring him crashing down. Of course, that assuming the giant not weighting as much as it looked, which it most likely did, so Dovev braced himself against a backlash should the beast prove to heavy to move.

Nick Shogun

Nick is stunned by needles! No!

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Wed May 26, 2004 1:50 am

Image Meryle sat up and looked ahead. There were tiny shapes in the distance... maybe the others? Klaus was ready to go, which made her feel better. As she stood, however, there was a strange, metal 'click' that echoed in the valley...

"Click?"

A net rose from the ground, buried beneath the leaves, snatching up Meryle and Klaus and hanging them from a nearly dead (and dying) old tree. They dangled in midair, struggling.

"Sybil! Dang! Who the hell does this sort of thing?!"

~

The whip wrapped itself around Cro-magnum's legs. He looked at it with a perplexed expression, then bent over and gave the whip a sharp yank. Dovev, along with the whip, was pulled through the air and landed on the ground in front of the frankenstein. With two collosal hands, he reached down and scooped Dovev up and, in a quick motion, spun around and hurled the hunter into the sky.

Dovev flew about ten feet into the air, before crashing down on some gravel near the Keep's entrance. His left leg burned in pain. His whip was near the giant behemoth.

wkz

Porcupine Nick!

Unread postby wkz » Wed May 26, 2004 3:22 am

Klaus also heard that click, during a lull in his rapid thinking of new possibilities (read: new spells involving light). After all the click is quite loud. Then again, the trap did not give a chance for its victims to react.

As Klaus was standing at the edges of the trap, he was flung bodily towards the center when the trap activated, and towards Meryle. They collided together, before the netting lifted them both out from the ground.

After a moment of disorientation, Klaus found himself hanging facing downwards at an angle. His sword was tangled alongside his legs, which was being twisted painfully backwards and upwards. His head and right hand protuding out of the netting below and to one side, while his other hand was twisted tightly and painfully by some of the ropes around his back, and resting against.... uh oh.....

"Get your hands OUT OF THERE!" Meryle shouted, flushing red. "Ok! ok! I'm trying!" Klaus said, pain forgotten, his face also flaming. But the netting that held them both pressed them together in such a way it would take more than a few moments to .... *ahem* .... untangle themselves.

Zakara, uncaught, watched on, bemused by the antics of the young human and 'young' elf.

(OOC Edit:
re-worded a few things... Dang, I am absolutely hell-bent on destroying Michael Klaus's credibility... and having fun doing so...

Also:
--"Sybil! Dang! Who the hell does this sort of thing?!"
Why did Meryle call for Sybil? Another typo?)

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=wkz@rpgww60462>wkz</A] at: 5/26/04 4:16 am

SALSAlys

....oh my.

Unread postby SALSAlys » Wed May 26, 2004 12:14 pm

Zakara looked at them both in confusion, not seeming to take note of their awkward positioning.

"So if Sybil went ahead of us, why would she lay the trap?" she asked, assuming that was what Meryle was speaking about. "Did they get ahead of the... creature?"

While speaking so, she began doing a quiet search for the mechanism of the trap and how to lower her companions, also watching for any other traps.

The Duelist

Rated R?

Unread postby The Duelist » Wed May 26, 2004 1:09 pm

Dovev's move had given Trigger the opportunity he needed. From under his poncho he pulled a reloadable one-shot derringer.

The bigger they are, the harder they fall, and with a Revolver's reduced muzzle velocity, combined with the derringer shot, Trigger intended to blast the giant's Knee again, hoping to shatter bone and prevent him from moving...he'd still have his arms and one leg, but if he wasn't able to really move, Trigger would be able to use his previous strategy of "If you pump enough bullets into him, he'll eventually die."

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Oh dear God... the pain

Unread postby ChristianC » Wed May 26, 2004 1:38 pm

Dovev remained lying for a short while, his head spinning and the intense pain in his leg making it hard to focus.

Finally he stood up, braced against the large Keep and blood trickling from the corner of his mouth and his brow, his hat lying next to him. He growled slowly, wiping the blood away with one hand as he slowly moved forward, hoping that Triggers reaction would turn the giants attention to him. He aimed to get the whip...

Nick Shogun

Blargh

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Wed May 26, 2004 6:25 pm

OOC: Wkz, usually Rpers do not TALK for other RPer's characters. Do not make conversation for Meryle. Only I do that.

"Ugh... I meant..." she was busy trying to hit Klaus in the forehead. "Whatever... I was thinking about her. She's very dark, you know. Kind of... mysterious. I just thought, this would be the sort of thing she knew how to do... not as though I'm saying she DID it, of course..."

Silence.

"Um... care to get us down, Zakara?"

~

The derringer blast exploded into the giant's knee, in exactly the same place where the first bullet had hit. Cro-magnum gave a sharp grunt, the frankenstein equivalent of "what the f*^k just happened?" and fell to the ground. There was the shuffling of dirt and gravel as he worked himself to one knee, the other one now nothing more than a big hole in his leg.

Dovev, limping, darted toward his whip and scooped it up, standing against the metal doors that Cro-magnum had appeared from. As the behemoth struggled to stand on one leg, which it didn't seem was going to happen, its eyes flashed red.

~

"Oh, they're good. Cheating with guns? How unfair. Oh well. I can be unfair..."

A mysterious black glove pressed a few buttons on a large metal panel, then flipped a switch.

~

Cro-magnum's eyes shone bright red, blood red, and the beast pressed his arms to their full extent, pushing his body off the ground and into the air. It slammed down between Sybil and Trigger, quaking the ground. Both arms spun out, caught a leg, and flipped the two hunters in the air.

Trigger hit the ground in a roll, and Sybil landed on her feet, darting a few feet from the monster's reach. It crackled with electricity.

The Duelist

Re: Blargh

Unread postby The Duelist » Wed May 26, 2004 8:37 pm

Trigger fired a slug at the creature, no artistry, no tactics, just try to slow the bastard down.

Celeste of Elvenhame

Unread postby Celeste of Elvenhame » Wed May 26, 2004 10:13 pm

"Water," Sybil thought. 'Where can I find water? Or a lot of metal...Gotta short circuit it!' She kept an eye on the beast, while looking for something that might suffice to pull off her idea.

wkz

Unread postby wkz » Wed May 26, 2004 11:03 pm

(OOC: ok, I'll watch what I say ....erm.... type from now onwards...)

After a bit of squirming, Klaus managed to untangle his left hand. That did not matter much since he was still stuck in the net, but at least it bought him some peace of mind......

SALSAlys

Unread postby SALSAlys » Thu May 27, 2004 12:31 am

"Once I find how to get you both down without dropping you," the lightning sprite replied, pursing her lips as she looked upat the net holding the two. "Landing on your head would be... unpleasant."

Nick Shogun

Where the freak have I been?!

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Fri May 28, 2004 5:59 pm

OOC: Nowhere, that's where I've been.

IC:

Meryle was tired, and her brain being hung upside down in a net didn't help her think of any useful spells. She only knew about thirty or so spells anyway. But she did notice the rope that was tied to the dead tree.

"Zakara... maybe you can lower me and Klaus? No, you aren't strong enough, ha? Okay, maybe..."

She looked down.

"Okay, so listen up. You untie that rope, and I'll cast an anti-gravity spell. The net'll fall, but it'll keep us hovering in the air. Then we can float to the ground. That works, yeah."

~

The bullet smashed into Cro-magnum's left eye as he pushed himself up. He growled, the only sound he could produce, as green goo rushed out of the orifice. Lightning was visible now as it soared into his antennae. He rolled toward Trigger, arms extended, like a huge human tire, and rammed his right arm into the gunman's chest, knocking him over.

Being a mass of attached body parts has its advantages, I.E., not being able to die too easily. Sybil, meanwhile, was searching for water or metal. The only metal, however, were the iron doors.

It began to rain.

Celeste of Elvenhame

Re: Where the freak have I been?!

Unread postby Celeste of Elvenhame » Sat May 29, 2004 1:48 am

When it began to rain, Sybil had a flash of insight. She leaned down and grabbed as many rocks as she could lay her hands on then she got behind the monster and threw rocks, taunting it attempting to gain it's attention. She carefully kept the door in a straight shot behind her, awaiting the right opportunity.

Nick Shogun

Wait, you're standing in front of the door?

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Sat May 29, 2004 6:27 am

Cro-magnum lurched toward Sybil. Usually, having rocks thrown at your head meant the thrower was NOT your friend. That meant attack. His creator had made that clear. Anything that was not nice must be ATTACKED.

So, with one good leg, and an embarrassing hop, Cro-magnum headed toward Sybil, one leap at a time.

Celeste of Elvenhame

Re: Wait, you're standing in front of the door?

Unread postby Celeste of Elvenhame » Sat May 29, 2004 10:57 am

Sybil backed towards the door, throwing rocks in one hand. her staff tucked into her belt. 'If I can trip this thing into the door, perhaps my plan will work...'

PreviousNext

Return to Gaera Main RPs