The Curse of the Shadow Walkers (freestyle RP)

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
wkz

Klaus: Round and round and round and... WHee!!!

Unread postby wkz » Thu Apr 29, 2004 12:19 am

"Dammit" Klaus thought to himself, being dragged round and round by the undead, holding on with both hands "I should have learnt anti-magic spells when I had the chance. I need to calm down... concentrate... concentrate..."

Klaus released his right hand from the broadsword. The air shimmered once more near Klaus's right hand as he brought up the Shield-Blade, but as he was moving it to strike, his left hand gave out.

As luck would have it. Klaus was flung in the direction of the struggling Sybil and Grippy the zombie...

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=wkz@rpgww60462>wkz</A] at: 4/29/04 12:20 am

SALSAlys

Re: Klaus: Round and round and round and... WHee!!!

Unread postby SALSAlys » Thu Apr 29, 2004 9:08 am

Zakara shook her headb riefly at Mona.

"I'm not awake. I'm just a very good sleepwalker..." she spoke, voice somewhat slurry as she didn't pay attention to her own words. The crashing of the banister made her tensed, coiled and preparing herself for the confrontation which she knew was coming. Even so, she remained in the room, since she didn't trust leaving Mona alone.

Window or door? she wondered, trying to expect which direction the foe would come from. Door, if he's at the stairs... She angled her line of sight towards the door, though not letting the window be completely out of the corner of her eye.

Celeste of Elvenhame

Ugh!!

Unread postby Celeste of Elvenhame » Thu Apr 29, 2004 8:45 pm

Sybil struggled with grippy. 'Well that was a successful plan', she thought, irritated with herself. She attempted to dislodge the Grippy, her knife continually stricking at it's neck in attempt to detach the head given enough time. Her feet struck out, attempting at the very least to break whatever she could make contact with, anything to slow it down or distract him.

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

You have killed 1 X Butler

Unread postby ChristianC » Fri Apr 30, 2004 1:39 pm

Dovev frowned as the assailant killed the butler and displayed his "weapon"

"It's Dovev, Dovev Jermija." The hunter growled, "That's quite a nice trick you have, but it'll take more than that for you to make me your 'victim', sorcerer." With that he entered a stance, ready to strike out at his opponent if he approached him. His whip was disadvantageous, truly, but most likely Dovev was far more experienced in combat than this young upstart was.

"Come at me, or perhaps you're not as confident in your own abilities as you want me to believe?"

Nick Shogun

1X Butler = 100 XP

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Fri Apr 30, 2004 2:56 pm

Mona didn’t take kindly to Zakara’s sarcasm. Then again, she wasn’t exactly Mona. Bardent’s presence just outside her bedroom door was having a strange effect on her. Zakara was standing by the windows watching for trouble, and it found her, in the form of a shadow on the front pane…

Climber’s legless torso flung itself through the window, startling Zakara and spilling glass all over the wooden floor. The torso twitched for a moment, then turned onto its back. A pair of empty sockets gazed up at the sprite. “Aye, goooood morninnnnng then…”

This was Mona’s moment. While Zakara was preoccupied with the torso, she slowly slid open the drawer of her nightstand and removed a dagger, which her father left in her room for protection. Gripping it tightly, she leapt over the end of the bed at the sprite. “DIE!” she screamed, plunging the knife toward Zakara. The sprite, shocked, grabbed Mona’s wrists and the two began to grapple, Mona fighting to impale her keeper.

~
Bardent smiled. “In no way do I fear you. I am fear, Dovev Jermija.” He sidled along the wall, now standing between Dovev the door to Mona’s room. “I hear a commotion. Perhaps the zombies have finally gotten to her. Now you’ll have to get through me to reach her.”

He dashed forward, a jerked, sudden movement, and spun at Dovev with his knife-arm. The hunter twirled his whip, and wrapped it around Bardent’s metal wrist, spinning him into the wall, knocking over a small table with a plant on it. The crash sent dirt and clay everywhere. Bardent’s right foot came up, slamming against Dovev’s left arm, and the hunter moved back. His whip was still wrapped around Godspyre’s arm, but the necromancer refused to move.

“In a way this is good. Either you release your whip, or I’ll drag you over here and chop off your head.”
~
Sybil was on the ground, struggling with Grippy, as Klaus landed near them. The zombie dripped old fluids from its cracked, hanging jaw. “Sooooo…. Soft…..” Sybil rammed her knee into Grippy’s crotch, and it broke like glass, pieces of molding skin and bone falling to the grass. Grippy sighed, “Welllll, not likkkke I was goinnnnng to usssse that anyyyyywayyy…”

Zombies had a theory about fighting. They fought until they couldn’t. That was that. The easiest ways to kill a zombie were to severe the magic keeping it alive, or to chop off its head. Klaus had a sword, was now close enough to help Sybil, and was slightly dizzy. Speaker noted this, and took a step toward the fallen mage.

“Tiiiiime to—“ Another shot rang out. The words “God Dammit” echoed in Speaker’s head a moment before it exploded.

The Duelist

Trigger: Youse STAY DEAD!

Unread postby The Duelist » Fri Apr 30, 2004 4:39 pm

Trigger smiled. Not bad at all...

He yelled down to Klaus and Sybil, "I 'eard crackin' glass 'fore I shot, so I'ma gonna see what's appenin, STAY ALIVE YOUSE!"

Follow his own words, he rappelled sideways along his rope, putting himself at the broken window to Mona's room. He shifted the rifle on its strap over his shoulder before hand...if things HAD gotten nasty inside, there probably wouldn't be time to reload anyway. Cutting the rope with a handy dirk from his side, he dropped himself into Mona's room...

Unknowingly, right onto Climber.

Nick Shogun

Climber: GHAG!

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Fri Apr 30, 2004 10:39 pm

Trigger's left foot smashed through Climber's ceramic chest, and bonded to the wriggling worms and mushy zombie-goo within. Climber howled in surprise, not pain. "Ah! Heeeey, I knoooow you... now yeeeeer in me beeeeelllly? Duh ya eveerrrr give up?"

The Duelist

Trigger: To answer yer question, No.

Unread postby The Duelist » Sat May 01, 2004 9:08 am

Trigger wordlessly slashed across Climber's neck. The creature wasn't worth a bullet, and removing its head would do the job.

And he had to do so quickly...it didn't take a genious to know that Zakara and Mona weren't playing around.

wkz

Klaus: Finally, Speaker shut up

Unread postby wkz » Sat May 01, 2004 9:21 am

'Oof!!' Klaus landed hard on the ground. Within moments, he recovered, yet he is immediately at ready to defend against an attack. Who knows how fast the zombie was, or how much time Klaus have taken and given it to attack.

What Klaus saw, however, was the zombie called Speaker slowly toppling over, its head mangled beyond repair. Right then, Trigger shouted "I 'eard crackin' glass 'fore I shot, so I'ma gonna see what's appenin, STAY ALIVE YOUSE!"

"There's another in the house! This might be a distraction!" Klaus thought to himself. "I better save Sybil fast!". "Hang on Sybil! Hold it up!! Let me take its neck!" Klaus shouted, as he stood over both the struggling bodies.

Sweat poured from Klaus head. The shield-blade is nortoriously easy to break on its own. Only after pouring in a lot of concentration will the blade be strong enough to slice cleanly through the zombie's head or neck, yet he have to concentrate on the struggle for an oppotunity.

And Sybil managed to do so. Jamming a knee onto the zombie's chest, Sybil managed to push it away from her, upwards towards Klaus. "Hold it steady!" Klaus said as he brought down the blade will all his (magical-casting) strength

Nick Shogun

Nick: I loved those zombies like my sisters!

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Sat May 01, 2004 3:04 pm

Klaus didn't manage to severe Grippy's head; however, he did manage to hit the zombie with such impact that its skull ripped open in back. The zombie immediately rolled onto its back and started twitching. "Auuuughhh...." it moaned, scrambling away from Sybil and Klaus, trying to get to safety. It pulled itself about twenty feet back and clumsily stood up. "Yerrr... dang!"

~

Climber's head separated from its body at the throat, and rolled back a few feet, where it knocked against the bedpost. Zakara and Mona were on the ground, wrestling with the knife, Mona trying to plunge it into Zakara's chest, Zakara trying to push Mona off. It was chaotic.

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Mr Nine: GASP! *runs away* Wrong RP!

Unread postby ChristianC » Sat May 01, 2004 8:57 pm

Dovev grinned badly as pain coursed through his arm, keeping his hold of his whip. He knew things weren't going his way, if this continued he'd be sure to lose. Just a kick to his arm was enough to weaken him, but that Bardent didn't even seem to notice having been smashed into a wall. He should call for help...

Still, some small part of his mind refused to, and unfortunantly that part was in control. Call it pride, stubbornness or plain idiocy, but this bounty hunter wasn't going to lose to some wippersnapper who hadn't done enough to even earn himself a bounty.

With a flick of his wrist, Dovev unsnared the whip from Bardent, but almost immediatly after that he flicked his wrist again, this time to get a grip around the throat of his assailant. A bold move, most likely to fail, but if the wizard was speaking the truth, he needed to stall for the others to clear up the mess in the room...

"Would you be upset if I asked you not too?" The hunter remarked at Bardents last comment, smirking.

The Duelist

Trigger: Pff, QUIT YELLIN! I'M RELOADIN!

Unread postby The Duelist » Sat May 01, 2004 10:07 pm

Trigger shook his head as he rapidly reloaded the rifle.

"Zakara, dya needa hand dere? Why dont'cha just zap'er already..."

wkz

Klaus: I should have practiced my magic more ;.;

Unread postby wkz » Sat May 01, 2004 10:19 pm

"Great" Klaus thought to himself. The shield-blade has unlimited microscopic cutting potential, but it have once more broken off too early. Klaus watched as the zombie scrambled off, and then it stood up. "Guess I did not do enough damage"

Klaus glanced towards his fathers sword, some distance behind him. Then he glanced at Sybil, who's shaken, and struggling to her feet. " **** " Klaus swore yet again "Running for my sword is going to leave Sybil exposed..."

With that, Klaus moved into position, standing between Sybil and the zombie, and re-created his Shield-Blade.

SALSAlys

Re: Klaus: I should have practiced my magic more ;.;

Unread postby SALSAlys » Sun May 02, 2004 2:41 pm

"Dunno how much she can TAKE!" Zakara grunted, continuing to grapple with Mona.

Dammit! I REALLY don't know how much electricity a human can take without DYING, but...

She attempted a sudden roll to the side, hoping to get on top of Mona on the ground and pin the girl, trying to take the girl by surprise by giving a shock of electricity... enough to stun the girl without causing more permanent damage, she hoped.

Celeste of Elvenhame

Re: Klaus: I should have practiced my magic more ;.;

Unread postby Celeste of Elvenhame » Mon May 03, 2004 12:06 am

Sybil although gaspinh for breath, was still quite aware or her surroundings. She caught Klaus's glance towards the sword. She dashed towards it and lifted the monstrosity up and headed back towards Klaus, intending to give the weapon to him.

wkz

Klaus Action Figure! With Big Broadsword Cleaving Action!

Unread postby wkz » Mon May 03, 2004 1:57 am

"Thanks" Klaus said, grabbing the broadsword in hand. The zombie had not moved forward in any way at all, in fact it had started to shamble backwards a little when it saw Sybil dragging the broadsword forward.

"Oh no, you don't. There's no where to run." Klaus thought to himself as he moved forward. He lifted his sword once more, aiming for the head of the zombie this time....

(OOC: Note that Klaus still have his shield-blade. He is going for a 1-2 combo attack.)

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=wkz@rpgww60462>wkz</A] at: 5/3/04 2:11 am

Nick Shogun

Fear My Iron Shoes of Art!

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Mon May 03, 2004 6:25 pm

Mona jolted as Zakara zapped her, and jumped backward, releasing her hold on the knife and pushing herself into the corner. She looked from Trigger to Zakara. “What… what’s going on?” It seemed as though Zakara had broken the spell.
~
Bardent flinched as Dovev brought the whip back and sent it forward again. In an attempt to evade the whip, Bardent moved left, but this was what Dovev had expected, and he flicked the whip sideways, wrapping it tightly around Bardent’s neck. The villain grabbed at it with his right hand and gasped. “Augh, good job…”

“What’re you going to do now?” he asked.
~
Grippy moved much swifter than he had moments earlier. The death of all three of his companions had caused all of Bardent’s black magic to flow into him. Imagine a zombie on steroids, and you’ll picture Grippy. Klaus’ sword fell with the weight of a stone, and hit the grass. Grippy was already slipping behind him, wrapping his arms and legs around Klaus’ body. He was slippery, like a rubber man, and rotten fluids spilled from his festering wounds. As he grabbed Klaus, he ripped a hole in the mage’s shirt.

“Your mine,” he growled, gripping Klaus tightly. The sword was wrenched from his hands, and the zombie jammed its decaying teeth into Klaus’ left shoulder.

The Duelist

Re: Fear My Iron Shoes of Art!

Unread postby The Duelist » Mon May 03, 2004 6:54 pm

"Eh? Nothin really..." Trigger said as he tossed his now reloaded rifle over his back, "Ya jus tried ta KILL 'er. Aaaand now, I'ma gonna deal wit whatevah's outside dere."

He could hear the sounds of battle from behind the door, and they didn't sound good. Who was guarding the door? Did it matter?

He adjusted his poncho, and the half a dozen weapons hidden underneath. Mostly small arms and quick-shots for emergencies, best that they remained under wraps...and ready for use. He'd need every trick possible if the real bad guy was behind the door.

He opened the door with his foot, hand by his revolver at everymoment, and looked to see what lay beyond. He appeared unarmed, assuming you didn't know what a Quickdraw artist was capable of.

Edited by: The Duelist at: 5/3/04 9:15 pm

wkz

Re: Fear My Iron Shoes of Art!

Unread postby wkz » Mon May 03, 2004 8:21 pm

"What the ... " Klaus thought to himself as the sword hit the ground. "Whe..."

He did not even had enough time to finish that thought before the zombie wrapped itself around him. And before he could react, the sword was torn from him.

Next thing Klaus knew, his shoulder was getting bitten into. A loud scream pierced the night...

Nick Shogun

BA ZING

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Mon May 03, 2004 10:11 pm

Bardent turned in sync with the opening of the door. It had been soundless, yet somehow the villain could sense the air rushing through and Terrance's presence. He looked Trigger in the eye.

"Things haven't gone as planned, it seems. I knew there would be opposition, but I never imagined they'd be so much of it."

~

Grippy yanked its molars out of Klaus' shoulder and slithered off the mage, knocking him to the grass. Klaus' blood streamed through his mangled corpse (he was now no longer an 'it') and Sybil could see a faint glow in his eyes.

"I feeeeeelllll.... refressssshed...."

He glared at Sybil. "I ammmmm invinnnnncible. Attttack meeee..."

wkz

Owie!

Unread postby wkz » Tue May 04, 2004 2:57 am

Klaus crumpled into a heap. The zombie had clamped down so hard that Klaus's left shoulder is now shattered, with several bones broken. Pain wrecked Klaus's body, his eyes tearing from the pain.

Not only that, the zombie had forcefully sucked out a whole chunk of Klaus's aura (and/or mana?) to restore it/himself. Klaus would not be able to cast another spell, no matter how minor. A tiredness threatened to overcome the young mage, one that is common for people who did too much spellcasting, .

Yet, Klaus tried, even when unsuccessful, to climb to his feet. He now knows how the zombies are powered, and given the current situation, there is no way Sybil can defeat it with that small silver knife. "Run!" Klaus shouted, his pain showing in his voice "You cannot kill it. Someone in the manor is animating it, get him and it will fall."

( Yup, Klaus is out of the action, unless Holywood Action Rule 82 applies: "The person out of the action will turn the tide of the fight with one hit/action" )

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=wkz@rpgww60462>wkz</A] at: 5/4/04 3:06 am

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Re: Owie!

Unread postby ChristianC » Tue May 04, 2004 3:07 am

Dovev didn't even look over to who was in the door, confident that Bardents reaction was enough to confirm that the newcommer was on his side.

However, something inside him, that nagging little voice that had been in control, kick-started itself with double the strength and he said between clenched teeth, "he's mine, stay out of this..."

He didn't even know why he said it, there was no reason to it... yet still...

Celeste of Elvenhame

Time to get out the big guns....err knives.

Unread postby Celeste of Elvenhame » Tue May 04, 2004 2:42 pm

Sybil moved between Klaus and Grippy. She glanced over her shoulder at Klaus and shrugged. "I'd prefer not to leave a comrade for this..." she jerked her head in the direction of Grippy "..and you are too heavy to carry."

She reached over her back and under the tunic she was wearing, pulling out two very long knives. They could almost pass for short swords but not quite. She grinned wickedly at Grippy. "Come and play if you wish." She gestured with one of her long knives. "I am ready."

The Duelist

Trigger: >__> This can only end one way...

Unread postby The Duelist » Tue May 04, 2004 6:55 pm

Trigger had felt it too, just as Bardent had.

He had only felt this one other time, when he had visited a town that wasn't supposed to exist, when he met a man he had to kill by the name of Rick Dwyer.

He hesitated during that one, trying to give him a fair fight. Its what real warriors deserved, a fight to the finish. Pistols at High Noon, dressed to your best in a battle you know you may lose everything in. He had given the man a fighting chance when he could have finished it right then on the spot, and nearly lost it all for it. Fortunately, honor still existed for some people...

And now he saw it again. Whoever this guy was, it was going to take a lot more than what Dovev had to offer to take him down.

"Sorry Dovev, but 'dis one's too good ta give a fightin' chance."

If you blinked, you'd miss it, as Trigger's pistol seemed to appear out of nowhere into his right hand, Locked, cocked, and ready to rock, and sent a bullet straight toward Bardent's gut.

Edited by: The Duelist at: 5/4/04 8:17 pm

SALSAlys

In the name of love? XP

Unread postby SALSAlys » Wed May 05, 2004 8:38 am

Zakara straightened up, nodding in agreement to Trigger's words.

"You have no memory of what just happened?" she asked Mona, briefly crouching to take the knife. She kept an eye toward the door, but retained the dagger because she wasn't entirely sure if Mona wouldn't become aggressive again.

Nick Shogun

In the name of blood metal...

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Wed May 05, 2004 2:28 pm

Grippy smiled a crooked, gap-filled smile, and rushed Sybil. His legs were now much more limber, and Sybil could see a strange transformation taking place. Muscles were growing in the gaps of flesh, and bones were regenerating… Grippy was using Klau’s mana to renew his old body! True, while he could never regain the soul he lost in death, he could retain the power…

He stopped a few feet from Sybil, ducked low and grabbing for her hands. The mysterious girl instinctively whipped around, trying to put space between her and the corpse. Grippy, who had been reaching for her knives, was cut in the palm. He reared back, and circle to her right.

“I remember…. Somethhhhhhing….. I was a man, wasn’t I….. and my name was….. Death.”

Grippy could never regain his life. Though he might learn his identity, his soul was in the next world, gone forever. The corpse in front of Sybil was nothing more than a sentient husk of skin. He screamed, crawling at his skull. “WHY CAN’T I REMEMBER?!” Then he glared at Sybil again. “You’re all…. Stttttanding in my way…..”

He leaped forward, grabbing Sybil’s right arm and refusing to let go.
~
The bullet collided with Bardent’s lower left stomach. He grunted, and stumbled backward, still gripping the whip tightly wrapped around his neck. He fell to his knees, swinging his sword-arm around the banister, and coughed. Dovev relaxed his grip. Then Bardent did something strange. He laughed.

“Ack! Though the bullet may burn, it may not scar…” he chuckled, rising to his feet and ripping open his coat to reveal his bare chest. Where Trigger’s bullet had impacted, there was not flesh, but metal! However, this was no ordinary metal. Trigger watched it move, watched it wriggle, and change shape. The metal was alive, in every part of his body.

The villain noticed Trigger’s transfixed gaze and laughed again. “You like it, do you? It’s my special skill… it is in my… blood…”
~
Muffled voices were coming from the hallway outside. Mona gripped the bedpost. “I—I heard a strange voice, a flute in the silence of dreaming, and then a soothing voice, because the strange voice had faded. The soothing voice said, ‘Do not fear, child. I have come to take you to a far better place.’ And suddenly I was outside my body, watching myself attack you,” she admitted to Zakara.

She nodded toward the door. “Who’s out there, Zakara?”

The Duelist

T-1000 called, it wants its body back!

Unread postby The Duelist » Wed May 05, 2004 3:11 pm

Trigger shook his head, saying as he did, "See what I mean?"

He didn't put his chances up very high at beating this guy. The bastard didn't just have icewater in his veins, he had f--king steel. Trigger's only hope was that he could knock him down and get everyone out of there before Bardent got back up.

Unless...

"ZAKARA!" He yelled, "We need the biggest fuckin thunderbolt you can give us on this guy! NOW!"

Maybe she'd get the hint, maybe not, but Trigger was banking on metal's conductivity to electricity to get them out of this mess.

But until then, he dropped his rifle from his back into his left hand, catching it by the Lever-action cocking mechanism, he thrust it forward, then back, it was in arm, ready to fire. Re-arming his pistol with a flick of his thumb, he attempted to blast Bardent with both barrels.

Because if he couldn't beat the bastard, he might as well slow him down...

Celeste of Elvenhame

Re: T-1000 called, it wants its body back!

Unread postby Celeste of Elvenhame » Wed May 05, 2004 6:10 pm

Sybil swore in pain as Grippy tightened his grip on her arm. She clung desperately to the knife in that hand and struck with the razor sharp knife in her left hand as many times as she could, attempting to cleave through the arm that held her.

Nick Shogun

To Trigger, From Bardent: SCREWETH YOUETH!!

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Thu May 06, 2004 12:38 am

Grippy howled and yanked his arm back. Sybil had wedged a knife into it, and severed it halfway... his violent yanking did the rest. With a quick murmur, he flipped onto the ground and rolled about in pain. "Augh! Augh, my arm! You wench!"

~

Trigger's gunsight came into his field of vision as he prepared to fire...

Bardent was already in the middle of an action. Dovev's whip was still around his neck; that would have to change. With his right hand gripping the whip, he yanked it left, flinging both Dovev and himself against the wall. Then he moved in, grabbing Dovev at close range and moving to impale.

By luck, Dovev's body dodged the steel blade... barely. It carved through his jacket, leaving a large gap. Trigger's gun fired. Bardent and Dovev were already hastening in the opposite direction, and the bullet embedded itself in a wall.

Bardent hurled himself and Dovev over the banister, toward the ground floor. A dead man couldn't have such a good grip, could he?

The impact was expected, but sudden: Dovev turned Bardent's body beneath him as they twisted in midair, landing on top of the villain when they collided with the wooden boards. There was a gasp of air from Bardent's lungs, and then his eyes slowly closed. Dovev lay on top of him, wheezing. Even with a bone-filled cushion, a fall like that still ached.

~

Meryle watched Grippy toss in the grass. She had been watching the short-lived battle, and had seen Sybil and Klaus' courage. Now it was her turn. She strutted out, her hands glowing with white magic. Sybil watched her stride across the lawn to the zombie. Grippy looked at her straight on. "Who thhhhhhe helllll are yo--"

"Mage." She reached out her white hands. "Holy..."

"Aw shi--" Grippy's body grew stiff beneath the white light, and a wisp of black smoke exploded from his chest, into the night. The zombie's body crumbled into dust. Meryle stood, and looked at Sybil.

"Sorry about me taking so long. The only way to really kill a zombie is to bring it back to life."

wkz

Ouch..ouch..ouch..owie.. watch that shoulder...

Unread postby wkz » Thu May 06, 2004 1:18 am

Klaus was still lying on the ground, even after multiple unsuccessful attempts to stand.

Noting Meryle's enterence, he whispered "Er... A little help?"

Celeste of Elvenhame

Re: Ouch..ouch..ouch..owie.. watch that shoulder...

Unread postby Celeste of Elvenhame » Thu May 06, 2004 10:37 am

"I'm afraid that is out of range of my speciality." Sybil grinned. "And it's no problem, I'm just glad I could keep that thing busy." She turned and looked at Klaus. "I think he could use a bit of help, no?" She cocked a brow at Meryle as she walked towards him.

Nick Shogun

Ah!

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Thu May 06, 2004 1:22 pm

Meryle took a second to realize Sybil was talking about Klaus. "Oh! Sorry... haha! I guess I didn't notice you there, on the ground."

She knelt in the grass and summoned her white magic. She was really more of an enchanter, but knew her share of healing magic. It would take a few minutes for the process to set in. The elf gazed at Klaus' wounds. "I watched you fight while I powered up my white magic. You're a brave mage, Michael Klaus."

The Duelist

Re: Ah!

Unread postby The Duelist » Thu May 06, 2004 4:48 pm

Trigger quickly moved back toward the stairwell...with any luck Dovev would be alright. He rearmed both weapons, just in case.

SALSAlys

Re: Ah!

Unread postby SALSAlys » Thu May 06, 2004 6:26 pm

Zakara was racing out the door, calling after Mona "Bardent!" by way of explanation.

At least THIS should break his hold on her, she thought privately before skidding to a stop by the banister, glaring down into the room. Bardent appeared stilled, but she wasn't above shocking him just to make sure.

"Dovev?" she called down, intending for him to get out of the way.

wkz

Oooo... Ahhh.... Nice.... More, MORE, ...More healing :)

Unread postby wkz » Fri May 07, 2004 9:50 pm

"Brave?" Klaus thought to himself, as the healing magic slowly took away the pain and repaired his shoulder. He reviewed his actions for the past few minutes:

He had stood tranfixed at a bunch of approaching zombies, putting himself in danger. He had a spell break on him and had to scurry away. Then, while running to aid Sybil, he got thrown by the first zombie, and the second zombie used him to replenish itself, causing the role of protector and protectee to be reversed....

"Brave?" Klaus said (with a deep blue background) while he sat up "Brave indeed...".

Just then a distant voice could be heard "..and..dent..". "Oh.. There's another in the house! we have to go there now!" Klaus exclaimed, the previously downcast mage energetic all of a sudden. He tried to stand up, but the shoulder was not yet fully healed, and protested. "Owie"

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Ouch! >_<

Unread postby ChristianC » Sun May 09, 2004 1:22 pm

"..." Dovev slowly rolled off the body underneath him, breathing heavily. For a moment he laid next to Bardent, trying to focus his mind, and then realized that the magician could rise any moment. The hunter groggily stood up, swayed a bit and tried to focus on the body lying on the floor. His entire body ached, he hadn't seen this much action in a while, and he was doubtful he'd prove much of a challenge should the sorcerer rise again...

Nick Shogun

Making Up For Lost Time

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Sun May 09, 2004 4:32 pm

Meryle pushed Michael back down. “Stay here, alright? I’m not done. Sybil, will you go take a look? I don’t see Trigger anymore, and I haven’t heard anything from Dovev. If you need help, holler.” She turned back to Klaus, purposely keeping him from helping. “You stay here, you can go when I’m finished.”

As they spoke, there was a stir in the entrance hall, on the floor. Bardent Godspyre opened his left eye slightly. “I don’t get it… must’ve given them too much… slack… the Doctor, he told me to…. Keep them separated…” Something heavy was set on his body. A crumpled form, which he recognized as Dovev. He twisted his neck to look at his left hand. It was back to what it had been—a hand, a knife of flesh and metal no longer. And he felt dizzy. The serum was wearing off, he realized. He couldn’t afford to wait any longer.

He felt Dovev move off his stomach, and start to rise… Bardent wanted to finish him… but he stopped when he moved. His spine was shattered. An unfortunate development, in Bardent’s eyes. In his current state, could he muster the energy? He concentrated, hard, hoping that there was—

--a flash of light, then a boom, then a scream.

Light filled the corridor below and Bardent howled. His mouth opened in an ‘o’ and he looked up with his good eye, staring at a determined young girl leaning over the banister. He couldn’t make anything of her image, he was in immense pain—lighting—thunder—noise—everywhere. It took about three seconds, but it seemed like three minutes, and he couldn’t think. All he could think is, “My body is a giant metal conductor, and yet I haven’t died… damn those fools… the Shadow Walkers… damn them…”

And then there was silence. Zakara was leaning over the banister, Trigger has his various weapons ready to fire. Dovev was pushed up against a wall, curled in a rumpled carpet. Sybil was standing in the main doorway, Meryle and Michael were in the middle of the lawn, Mona was curled beside her bedpost.

And there was silence. Pure, absolute silence. The form of Bardent was still, lifeless. He smelled of smoke and burnt metal, and his skin was rough and charred black. His left eye was wide open, the eye with the cross-shaped scar, and the pupil was rolled up into the skull.

Maelstrom was unconscious in his bedroom.

The Duelist

Re: Making Up For Lost Time

Unread postby The Duelist » Sun May 09, 2004 9:01 pm

Trigger put his rifle back over his back. A moment later, he aimed his pistol, and fired a slug into Bardent.

Saying afterward, "Just in case."

Turning, he started walking up the stairs. Dead or not, Bardent might have left something behind...

"And someone come with me. Mona's alone in a big house with a lot of trouble. And I don't think this is over...not by a long shot."

Following his own words, he made his way to Mona's room.

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

We move!

Unread postby ChristianC » Mon May 10, 2004 12:26 am

Dovev leaned against the wall for support, coughing slowly. He glared at the lifeless body of Bardent, not sure what to make of it all. Was he really dead? For what he'd done in the last few minutes it'd been enough to expect him to be able to resist this kind of punishment, but he didn't rise.

He began moving towards the stairs, still breathing heavily. He had a duty to perform and nothing would keep him from finishing it.

SALSAlys

Re: We move!

Unread postby SALSAlys » Mon May 10, 2004 9:14 am

Zakara stared at the form of Bardent, eyes wide. Despite her inhuman attitude to several things, she had never actually seen a person die— and found the experience sobering. The glow in her eyes appeared to diminish slightly before she turned from the banister.

"...where is everyone else now?" she asked. "Shouldn't we try to help them as well, wherever they are?"

PreviousNext

Return to Gaera Main RPs