Splintered Faction (Look alive, you fucks)

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
User avatar
Zemyla
 
Posts: 1500
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 11:01 am

Re: Trouble

Unread postby Zemyla » Tue Dec 09, 2003 3:24 pm

Intemera struggled to stand back up. "No, I didn't see anything; however, I did hear something coming, and then there was some kind of gas that made me weaker."


Uncle Pervy
 

Re: Trouble

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Wed Dec 10, 2003 8:09 pm

"Describe it, please," Enlil asks. The news left her with a sinking feeling; she knew too much of chemical weapons, and knows that whatever is left of Infinity would not be adverse to using such.


User avatar
Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.
 
Posts: 7996
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2002 6:13 pm

Re: Trouble

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Wed Dec 10, 2003 8:55 pm

Griff just stood, silently, not liking the idea of "A gas that made you feel weak". He decided that Enlil could determine weither it was something to be worried about or not.


User avatar
Zemyla
 
Posts: 1500
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 11:01 am

Re: Trouble

Unread postby Zemyla » Wed Dec 10, 2003 9:26 pm

Intemera paused. "It had a strange smell, but not a bad one." She silently cursed the fact that Common had very few words for smells.

However, she actually did manage to stand without the help of the wall.


Uncle Pervy
 

Re: Trouble

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Wed Dec 10, 2003 9:36 pm

"I don't like this..." Enlil says, looking outside now.


User avatar
Endadelta
( ◕ ω ◕ )
 
Posts: 3053
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2002 1:37 am

Ascending

Unread postby Endadelta » Thu Dec 11, 2003 11:18 pm

Stephen folded his arms and seemed to think for a moment. He then turned to Argus. "You, support her and follow us."

He next looked to Keir. "As for you, be a dear and investigate, will you? The gas may have dissipated by now, or not."

He continued up the stairs, with Enlil, Griff, and James (hopefully in tow).

A continued trek up the stairs would reveal the light to be growing dimmer, the further upward they ascended.. and the more a thick smell of decomposition began to flood their nostrils. Whatever was manifest here was not a pleasant thing.

The stairs did eventually branch off at the 'first' floor, complete with a hallway of dimmed doors that stretched on for legions of feet into the building. However, this same staircase apparently extended further and further up, past the ceiling of the lobby and beyond. The exact number of floors that were touched off on was unclear but there was no telling beyond walking.

"Hmm. We can't be sure about numbering. Perhaps we should head down this hallway, or continue up..?"


Uncle Pervy
 

Re: Ascending

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Thu Dec 18, 2003 4:32 am

"I think it's better to just continue up." Says the angel, "I'll check at the next door up, and compare the numbers there to what we're looking for."

Upon reaching the next landing with a door, Enlil tries to open it, and (presuming it is not locked or obviously dangerous) looks outside to check the door numbers.


User avatar
Endadelta
( ◕ ω ◕ )
 
Posts: 3053
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2002 1:37 am

MAGICAL GM POWAH ACTIVATE

Unread postby Endadelta » Tue Jan 13, 2004 10:14 pm

Keir had exited the apartment building by now, having left the doors open by a crack for future reentry. That had only been a moment or two ago.

James apparently had a change of heart shortly thereafter, and decided to head back downstairs for a moment, mentioning a word or two about "Checking on Keir". As he did, the chandelier, which Keir had been glancing, potentially suspiciously, at earlier, cracked and crashed down onto the Reploid in a spectacular smash that opened up everyone's eardrums.

Argus, who had been attempting to assist Intemera in a non-perverted fashion, nearly dropped his charge in surprise. Intemera simply glanced down and over towards the spectacle, down and over past the stairs. Yes, there was a handy viewing space just for looking back into the lobby, however narrow.

Keir had not returned yet.

Stephen frowned and paused in his ascent, looking back to Enlil to see what her result had been.

Enlil had gone to the closest door, the door on their right side of the hallway on this floor, and it opened. The numbers were there, but they were in an obscure Infinity-styled text. Perfect for James or Rei translation, shame neither of them were present or conscious.

The reek of decomposed flesh/fur/food began to waft into the hallway outside as the door remained open. It was Enlil's call to tolerate the rank odor that overpowered the musty scent of the building around them.


Uncle Pervy
 

Re: MAGICAL GM POWAH ACTIVATE

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Tue Jan 13, 2004 10:27 pm

Enlil did not like that smell at all. It was not something to be found in a place of residence. "I'll be right back, but listen if I call for you."

With that, she goes into the corridor, seeking the source of that odor.


User avatar
Endadelta
( ◕ ω ◕ )
 
Posts: 3053
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2002 1:37 am

Re: MAGICAL GM POWAH ACTIVATE

Unread postby Endadelta » Tue Jan 13, 2004 10:42 pm

Stephen simply nodded, pondering to stay or check on the situation below. He also pondered just what the hell was taking Keir so long.

Griff, Argus, and Intemera were on their own here.

~

As Enlil entered the corridor to the apartment further inside, she noted that the dim light from outside swiftly retreated, leaving her within a dark, foul-smelling dwelling. She could feel out the bare structure of the walls and floor around her, but she was finding it somewhat difficult to identify the area around her based on sight alone, though the smell was growing worse.

At least, by now, she was entering a more open area in this new apartment. What now?

~

As Keir exited, he would find himself surrounded by the night air and nothing more. While the city had not become any more desirable during their time inside, whatever gas had been present was suspiciously gone.

There came the sound of a crashing through the doors that had been left open a crack. Something had fallen. Something glassy. That much was evident.

At the same time, a small figure of some sort dashed out of the alleyway to his side, carrying what appeared to be a trash can of some sort, and ran off into the distance. The small figure had been wearing a trench coat, and looked rather out of place. Worse than that was the smell that followed. Something vaguely inoffensive, and unidentifiable.. yet something that was definitely there. There was not enough of the smell to bring about any major thoughts on it... possibly.


Uncle Pervy
 

Re: MAGICAL GM POWAH ACTIVATE

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Tue Jan 13, 2004 11:08 pm

Walking further in, Enlil stretchs out her wings a bit, letting them feel for the walls and any obstacles, and perhaps a lightswitch, should her feathers brush over one. Liking this less and less, the angel continues inward. Had she imagined that light?

"Hello?"


User avatar
Endadelta
( ◕ ω ◕ )
 
Posts: 3053
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2002 1:37 am

Inhabitant(s)

Unread postby Endadelta » Wed Jan 14, 2004 9:51 pm

There was no response, and no apparent lightswitch. Her fingers did run over what may have been a spot of mildew, but it was only a slight spot. Potentially unusual...

Her wings were free of walls by now, and were allowed to unfold into a larger area of some sort. Possibly a living room...

The odor seemed strongest here... but, unusually, the stench seemed to come from all side of this room... as if there was something all over this room that was causing this smell.

It could have brought about some thoughtful pondering before what appeared to be a disheveled humanoid wrapped in cloths stepped towards her, brandishing a primitive flashlight and a sharpened stake of wood. This humanoid's eyes flashed with a suspicious paranoia, intertwined with a streak of insanity... and its mouth moved for a moment, uttering some term Enlil could not deceipher.

With that, the humanoid lunged (somewhat slowly) at her with the stake.


Uncle Pervy
 

Re: Inhabitant(s)

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Wed Jan 14, 2004 10:42 pm

Reflex guides as she takes a few steps back, stretching her wings behind her to feel for obstacles. "Stop!" she says, "I'm not here to hurt you!"

Discreetly, she gives the thing an astral scan. Suspecting it is undead, it may not have a proper soul, which would normally reflect in it's aura.


User avatar
Endadelta
( ◕ ω ◕ )
 
Posts: 3053
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2002 1:37 am

Re: Inhabitant(s)

Unread postby Endadelta » Wed Jan 14, 2004 11:57 pm

The attacker was alive, all right... no sign of undeath at all. It showed no comprehension whatsoever of what she had just said... it merely repeated the same mysterious phrase and attacked again.


Uncle Pervy
 

Re: Inhabitant(s)

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Thu Jan 15, 2004 12:32 am

Concentrating a bit, as she moves to dodge again, she tries to speak with the creature telepathically.

Please, calm down. I mean you no harm.


User avatar
Endadelta
( ◕ ω ◕ )
 
Posts: 3053
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2002 1:37 am

Re: Inhabitant(s)

Unread postby Endadelta » Thu Jan 15, 2004 12:51 am

The humanoid slowed down and seemed to pause, as if in some form of recognition. While Enlil could tell that the being had calmed down slightly, she could also tell that this being had no way of responding - apparently, it had no knowledge of telepathy.


Uncle Pervy
 

Re: Inhabitant(s)

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Thu Jan 15, 2004 12:56 am

Thank you, she sends to it, while trying to get a sense of it's surface thoughts, for a reply, Just open your mind a little, so I may understand you. Are you alright, I'm sorry if I broke into your home.


User avatar
Endadelta
( ◕ ω ◕ )
 
Posts: 3053
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2002 1:37 am

And introducing "Sir Not Appearing in this RP"

Unread postby Endadelta » Thu Jan 15, 2004 1:04 am

The humanoid wasn't quite sure how to respond to this. It muttered a few more choice terms in its own language as it turned its head back and forth towards the angel.

Apparently it had no idea how to do what she had asked it to do. How charming.


Uncle Pervy
 

Vulturesys?

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Thu Jan 15, 2004 2:36 am

Enlil nodded in understanding. Are you able to write at all? She inquired.

She scanned his aura more closely now. Now she sought to find whether or not the creature had any sort of true aura-based, or possibly even soul-based deficiencies. Creatures that could not respond to telepathy were a rarity.

Could you show me why it smells of decay in here, as well?


User avatar
Endadelta
( ◕ ω ◕ )
 
Posts: 3053
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2002 1:37 am

Relevation

Unread postby Endadelta » Fri Jan 16, 2004 3:57 pm

The being nodded slowly, if a bit unsurely. He/she/it did not seem to have any sort of writing medium at hand, however.

At first glance, its aura and soul seemed normal. However, further scanning seemed to reveal some sort of forced inhibition. Something within the mind was preventing the use of telepathy. Something artificial. Something definitely out of place.

The humanoid did wave its flashlight around. All over the walls, floor, and ceiling were the spectacle of some sort of battle. What appeared to be Infinity soldiers of some kind, albeit under a different set of tags and colorations lay literally scattered across the rooms. A hand there, a foot here, an eye over yonder.

Obviously, something violent had happened here...


User avatar
Zemyla
 
Posts: 1500
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 11:01 am

Re: Relevation

Unread postby Zemyla » Fri Jan 16, 2004 4:19 pm

Intemera stood up, somewhat hesitantly, but with growing confidence. "I think I'm fine now."


User avatar
Endadelta
( ◕ ω ◕ )
 
Posts: 3053
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2002 1:37 am

Re: Relevation

Unread postby Endadelta » Fri Jan 16, 2004 4:20 pm

Stephen still had a frown on his face. Enlil was taking an unusually large amount of time. Something may have happened...

"Are you up to checking another one of these rooms? Or would you rather check on Enlil, or one of the others?" The dragonoid was obviously a bit conflicted, as he was trying to decide what to do next...


User avatar
Zemyla
 
Posts: 1500
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 11:01 am

Re: Relevation

Unread postby Zemyla » Fri Jan 16, 2004 4:35 pm

"I'll go check another room. I'm sure Enlil can take care of herself."

With that, she went to the next room over.


User avatar
Endadelta
( ◕ ω ◕ )
 
Posts: 3053
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2002 1:37 am

There was a door here once... actually, it's still here.

Unread postby Endadelta » Fri Jan 16, 2004 4:37 pm

There was indeed a door for the next room over.

It was, however, closed. Engraved onto it were a series of numbers that Intemera could not deceipher.

She couldn't be sure whether the door was unlocked or not...


Uncle Pervy
 

Re: Relevation

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Fri Jan 16, 2004 9:39 pm

For a moment, Enlil was quiet. She did not want to tjhik about the atrocity here, telling herself there was nothing she could do to change it. How many people had died here? Was this the same thing that had gotten the man at the desk?

Did...did you do this? she telepaths, trying to recover her composure. She also turned her formidable astral senses to finding out all she could about what was blocking the man's mental processes, looking especially for methods similiar to that of the drives that Infinity had used before.


User avatar
Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.
 
Posts: 7996
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2002 6:13 pm

Re: Relevation

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sat Jan 17, 2004 8:31 am

After the entire trip there, and past experiances with so called "Gladiators", Griff had began to doubt Intemera's ability to keep herself alive. He followed a bit behind her, not trying to act as if he was doing it on purpose.


User avatar
Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!
 
Posts: 4579
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2002 2:09 pm

Re: Relevation

Unread postby Capntastic » Sun Jan 18, 2004 12:45 am

Keir made his way outside, taking care not to gulp down any of that polluted and possibly poisoned air moreso than he would have to. Hearing a noise back within the apartments, he half-considered turning back, but alas, he is distracted as a trenchcoated midget runs past him, carrying a trash can. Figuring this small creature may know something about something, Keir decides to be a sociable guy and speak. Hopefully this odd stranger knows Common.

"Excuse me, there, sir..."


User avatar
Zemyla
 
Posts: 1500
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 11:01 am

Re: There was a door here once... actually, it's still here.

Unread postby Zemyla » Sun Jan 18, 2004 3:52 pm

Intemera looked at the door, and took a wild guess that the symbols were some sort of room number.

She carefully tried the door knob. If it was locked... she'd think of something. Possibly call one of the other people over to help.


User avatar
Endadelta
( ◕ ω ◕ )
 
Posts: 3053
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2002 1:37 am

Ring around

Unread postby Endadelta » Wed Jan 21, 2004 4:59 pm

Intemera's attempt to open the door succeeded. It swung open, revealing a short but well-lit entrance hallway. The walls on each side of this hallway were stained sporadically with an unknown green substance. The odor of decomposition wafted into her nose as she stood there.

The door at the end of the hallway had no doorknob. It was, however, open a crack. This meant that she could likely approach it and push it open without trouble.

Griff behind her saw about the same image, without the smell, due to his distance.

~

The humanoid paused for a moment, as if trying to come up with a way to appropriately answer Enlil's question. It then shrugged, and projected the event itself, from its viewpoint, into her mind.

From what Enlil could deceipher, these soldiers had entered the room by force. They had shot at the humanoid, and their bullets had been thrown aside. Utilizing what Enlil could presume to be telepathic power, the soldiers had been torn apart before they could fire again.

Further, from what the angel could deceipher of the humanoid's emotions, it felt little guilt for what it had done. There was something numb about the way it perceived what had happened, something emotionless.

Looking into the issue of what inhibited telepathic processes revealed a device, embedded in the humanoid's brain, that seemed akin to a soul drive. However, only half of its power was apparently active. As opposed to completely controlling the humanoid, certain mental fuctions were inhibited. Apparently, though, that had not been enough for these soldiers.

~

Stephen and Argus remained alone, outside of the doors. That is, until the floor beneath Argus apparently failed to hold itself intact and collapsed. This left Argus without much time to react, and caused him to fall to an unknown darkness below.

Stephen obviously heard this. Griff would, as well. It was Intemera's discretion whether she would pay more attention to the door ahead of her or to the slight noise behind her.

Stephen turned and watched the scene, listening for a 'crash' of some sort. There was none.

The undead dragonoid swore once again and looked back to Griff and/or Intemera for reaction. Enlil was too far gone to talk with by now.

~

Keir's efforts to avoid the potentially noxious gas were not in vain, as most of it had faded, leaving the (relatively) breathable air of the city.

His attempt to socialize with the mysterious midget was ignored. It ran too quickly for him to get a better look. It did drop something on the ground, however: a small scrap of paper.


User avatar
Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!
 
Posts: 4579
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2002 2:09 pm

Re: Ring around THE UNNAMABLED

Unread postby Capntastic » Fri Jan 23, 2004 2:15 am

Keeping up with his self imposed tradition of peculiar and seemingly eccentric meaning, Keir lightly steps his way over, to get a better glance at this sheet before picking it up.

Lords, let us hope that it's free of that grime.

...

By which, of course, I mean both the snotty green substance, and those adverts for 'entertainment'.


User avatar
Endadelta
( ◕ ω ◕ )
 
Posts: 3053
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2002 1:37 am

Obvious

Unread postby Endadelta » Fri Jan 23, 2004 3:05 pm

The piece of paper, sheet, or whathaveyou was surprisingly clean despite its stark surroundings.

There were a few lines on the sheet. They were printed in Infinity (re: mostly unreadable text). However, the letterhead of this sheet was of the inauspicious Infinity logo.

It was a letter of some sort. Potentially useful...

Edited by: Crawling Reshiki at: 1/26/04 3:37 pm

Uncle Pervy
 

Re: Obvious

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Fri Jan 23, 2004 9:10 pm

Enlil processed and digested that bit of information, wincing at the through of the device they had implanted in this poor soul.

"Can you show my why they wanted you?" she asks, trying not to betray her disgust, mentally telling heself it was the machine that did that, not the person.


User avatar
Zemyla
 
Posts: 1500
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 11:01 am

Re: Ring around

Unread postby Zemyla » Sat Jan 24, 2004 3:07 pm

Intemera walked carefully down the hall, avoiding the noxious-looking green substance. She approached the door and peeked through the crack before deciding whether to enter.


User avatar
Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!
 
Posts: 4579
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2002 2:09 pm

Re: Obvious

Unread postby Capntastic » Sun Jan 25, 2004 12:47 am

This could prove useful, in some way.

And so, it was snapped up by Mr. Keir.


User avatar
Endadelta
( ◕ ω ◕ )
 
Posts: 3053
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2002 1:37 am

A Step Back

Unread postby Endadelta » Mon Jan 26, 2004 4:43 pm

The humanoid paused again, before repeating the same process of mental projecting.

Apparently this humanoid had been only one of thousands to be subject to this same treatment. Shortly after the initial implant, an 'upgrade' of sorts was to be added on. However, while many others had either resisted (and were killed) or went along with the process, this one had stayed home.

Soldiers were sent out for this creature. The result was splayed all over the room.

While Enlil had never know Infinity to be a kind and caring group, even this measure seemed a bit extreme. This faction seemed a bit.. severe.

~

Intemera's peeking revealed what appeared to be a well-lit, (red) carpeted floor inside. The hint of fingers existed at the edge of her sight. These fingers appeared to be splattered with the same color as the carpet.

However, this is all she could see from this viewpoint. She would have to open the door to see more.

~

Keir was now in possession of 1x Infinity sheet. What he did now was his discretion, though there had been a rather loud noise emnating from the apartment building behind him.


User avatar
Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.
 
Posts: 7996
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2002 6:13 pm

Re: A Step Back

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Mon Jan 26, 2004 4:45 pm

Griff simply followed Intemera, using a sleeve to cover his face from any potential nastyness. Although he knew it would be a bit muffled from the sleeve, he still decided to give a warning.

"You sure that's really a good idea? Probably not the best idea to wander around here."


User avatar
Endadelta
( ◕ ω ◕ )
 
Posts: 3053
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2002 1:37 am

No flashlights!

Unread postby Endadelta » Mon Jan 26, 2004 5:04 pm

While Stephen honestly didn't care a whit for Argus, given that he didn't actually know him, he wasn't about to lose a given companion.

With that, he kneeled down into said hole, and went about disappearing from view.

If any of the others came back to the spot, they would find only a hole, and nothing more.


Uncle Pervy
 

Re: Brokenglass Face?

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Tue Jan 27, 2004 7:21 pm

These people are insane, Enlil thinks. She is not able to suppose a shudder that makes some of her feathers fluff up before smoothing back down.

Do you know the name Daervis? she asks at length.


Teh Kev
 

I live!

Unread postby Teh Kev » Tue Jan 27, 2004 11:41 pm

Argus grimaced some as he tried to get a decent look of his surroundings but had little luck. He coughed a bit standing himself upright, as doing so hearing someone nearby. "Eh... someone there?" The demon-half squinted and continued to look around as he placed a hand on the hilt of his blade.


User avatar
Zemyla
 
Posts: 1500
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 11:01 am

Re: A Step Back

Unread postby Zemyla » Wed Jan 28, 2004 2:43 pm

Intemera looked back at Griff. "Well, we are trying to find out what happened here. Besides, there doesn't look like there's much living in that room. You're welcome to join me, if you want."

And with that, she opened the door and stepped carefully into the room.


PreviousNext

Return to Gaera Main RPs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron

Yalogank