Splintered Faction (Look alive, you fucks)

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
User avatar
Endadelta
( ◕ ω ◕ )
 
Posts: 3053
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2002 1:37 am

Four pages and we're still in the apartment building.

Unread postby Endadelta » Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:44 pm

The humanoid paused again. This was nothing strange.

When he did 'respond', his response was curt.

It involved picking up a pencil out of the darkness around them, and scribbling what appeared to be an arrow pointing upwards, as well as a single number (supposedly - it was in Infinity-ese) underlying that arrow.

The humanoid then sighed, briefly rustling its 'outfit' as it sat down onto the floor, toying with what at one point may have been an internal organ of some sort.

It was Enlil's call as to what to do now..

***

Argus' view in this dark place was definitely limited, but he could feel a floor beneath his feet, at least. The floor was oddly soft and somewhat squishy, but dry. It made no noise as he stepped on it. And it seemed to be fairly level given a few steps in each direction.

He could see the hole above, though - there was some small amount of light coming through it. And he could hear the possible attacker coming, too..

Before he may have had the chance to investigate further, this figure from above descended into the hole and landed next to him. Almost immediately, it seized his collar and growled. "Just what the hell do you think you're doing, standing around and waiting for something like this to happen?!"

From what little light Argus could use, and from the sound of the voice, this was apparently the Dragonoid Stephen. He looked and sounded pissed.

"Didn't I tell you not to do anything stupid?!"

***

Intemera's door opening revealed what appeared to be the site of a slaughter. The same red carpet was there. The hand there was apparently attached to an arm. The arm had several bullet holes in it. This arm was attached to a body bagged and wrapped in several rags of some kind. Many, in particular, were on the head. Several bullet holes danced over the rest of the body. Especially the head.

This explained where the smell was coming from. This did not explain the source of the stains. And the walls in here, for which there was actual light to see, were covered with them.

The rest of the room had been ransacked - some furniture lay splintered into pieces, effectively shattered.

A lot of other items were, well, apparently gone.

***

Keir began to hear the sound of a march approaching him.. to his left!

And though he could not anyone yet, it sounded akin to the march of a military formation.

Such wouldn't be good for his health.


Uncle Pervy
 

Standard, really. Took me Six pages to even begin mine.

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Wed Jan 28, 2004 5:17 pm

Enlil's instincts were at war with each other. On one hand, she wanted to take this person with her, so she could help him directly and be certain to stop him if something else tragic happened. On the other hand, the communication barrier would make things very difficult, and some terrible would be more likely to result. Nor would she put it beyond Infinity to implant a tracking device in him.

Will you be alright on your own? she asks at length. Is there anything I can do to help you?


User avatar
Endadelta
( ◕ ω ◕ )
 
Posts: 3053
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2002 1:37 am

I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry.

Unread postby Endadelta » Wed Jan 28, 2004 5:26 pm

The humanoid halted its toying and looked at her for a moment, before looking back to the floor, to the ceiling, to the pencil, to the small source of light it held, back to Enlil...

This went on for a few moments, during which time Enlil may or may not have pondered just what this creature was doing. When it finally came to a pause, it gave a cryptic response in handing her its pencil.

It then gave a knowing nod and went back to toying with the organs around it. Squishy..


User avatar
Zemyla
 
Posts: 1500
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 11:01 am

Re: I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry.

Unread postby Zemyla » Wed Jan 28, 2004 6:12 pm

Intemera cautiously walked further in, looking for whoever could have caused such carnage.


User avatar
Endadelta
( ◕ ω ◕ )
 
Posts: 3053
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2002 1:37 am

Dot dot dot

Unread postby Endadelta » Wed Jan 28, 2004 7:01 pm

There was no specific sign of 'whoever' did this.

No, rather, there were many signs - signs all over the room. These signs happened to be splayed strips of flesh, now seen due to greater inspection of the surrounding area. A few tattered rags of clothing sat with these same strips of flesh.

Apparently, a double massacre (or more) had occurred here!


Uncle Pervy
 

Re: Dot dot dot

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Wed Jan 28, 2004 7:37 pm

Enlil sighs, as she tries and fails to make sense of this gesture. Then she pockets the pencil; one never knows how it might come in handy. Then, the spirit of reciprocation, she gives him a ten-gil coin. It may interest him for awhile.

If more people come after you, please don't attack them, she says. Run if you must. But, it will only make your problems worse if you harm them.


User avatar
Endadelta
( ◕ ω ◕ )
 
Posts: 3053
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2002 1:37 am

Re: Dot dot dot

Unread postby Endadelta » Wed Jan 28, 2004 7:49 pm

The humanoid went about its toying until Enlil gave it the coin. It briefly considered the coin, and then seemed to try biting it as she insisted that it not commit any future violence.

In response, there was a slight cracking noise. The coin had bent slightly in half due to the humanoid's biting.

Enlil could presume that her message had been heard, though. Now what she did next was her call.


Uncle Pervy
 

*Dodges*

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Wed Jan 28, 2004 8:00 pm

I must go now, she says, as she gently puts a hand to the humanoid's shoulder. I'll try to help you if I can, but I can't stay here.

Persuming no difficulties, she makes her way back toward Stephen and the rest on the landing, while keeping an eye out for oddities along the way


User avatar
Zemyla
 
Posts: 1500
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 11:01 am

Re: Dot dot dot

Unread postby Zemyla » Wed Jan 28, 2004 8:06 pm

Intemera looked around a bit longer, before turning back to Griff. "Whatever did this hasn't stayed here. It should be safe, if a bit messy."


User avatar
Endadelta
( ◕ ω ◕ )
 
Posts: 3053
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2002 1:37 am

Re: Dot dot dot

Unread postby Endadelta » Wed Jan 28, 2004 8:27 pm

The humanoid continued on its busy work of nothing in particular.

Enlil could nearly feel its gaze on her back as she left, however.

There were no major difficulties in returning, Enlil found. However, Stephen, Intemera, Griff, and Argus were gone. The door of the next room over was open, however.

Just at Enlil's feet, also, was a hole. The interior of the hole was dark, but Enlil could hear a voice - apparently Stephen's voice. He sounded angry.

"Just what the hell does it mean to not be stupid?! Can you tell me? Apparently not!"

~

The marching grew louder. Keir could now see a figurehead of soldiers appearing from the corner of the buildings. All carried rifles slung over their soldiers. However, none of them bore the familiar Infinity logo.

Just the same, they looked dangerous. They couldn't see him yet, but soon...

~

If Intemera and Griff decided to explore further, they would find that this 'apartment' had three separate rooms beyond this main one. One of the rooms was apparently a bathroom of some sort, though the fixtures were likely nothing they recognized.

Another of the rooms was large enough to be a bedroom. It had obviously been cleared out, though the outline of a bed remained on the floor.

The third room could have been a kitchen of some sort. There were counters and plates here. All of the plates were shattered. And while Intemera may have been distracted by the sight of the stains which were, yes, still present on the walls, Griff may have noticed the sharp edge of some sort of tool laying amidst a pile of shattered plates.

Edited by: Crawling Reshiki at: 1/28/04 8:39 pm

Teh Kev
 

Re: Four pages and we're still in the apartment building.

Unread postby Teh Kev » Wed Jan 28, 2004 9:56 pm

Argus winced with the sudden grabbing of his collar and looked at Stephen a bit nervous as he yelled at him. "I uh... Sorry about that. The floor kind of just gave out from under me. Perhaps we should get out of here? I don't like being completely surrounded by darkness all that much. That and the floor feels.... weird." He was hoping Stephen would agree, he didn't like the the idea of being surrounded by who knows what and having a somewhat squishy floor beneath him.


User avatar
Endadelta
( ◕ ω ◕ )
 
Posts: 3053
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2002 1:37 am

Holeo

Unread postby Endadelta » Wed Jan 28, 2004 9:59 pm

Stephen released him indignantly. He let off an annoyed snort of some kind. "That'd be fine and dandy if we had a definite way of getting up there. Unfortunately, my wings have been broken for years, and I have no 'magic' that can magically float us upwards. Unless you'd suggest I throw you up there."

By the tone of his voice, Argus could guess that Stephen would be more than happy to 'accidentally' throw him up there. That probably wouldn't be a good thing...


User avatar
Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.
 
Posts: 7996
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2002 6:13 pm

Re: Holeo

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Wed Jan 28, 2004 10:07 pm

Looking twards the tool, Griff slowly began for it, and reached to pick it up, all the while keeping his eyes and ears open for anything suspiscious.


User avatar
Endadelta
( ◕ ω ◕ )
 
Posts: 3053
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2002 1:37 am

Re: Holeo

Unread postby Endadelta » Wed Jan 28, 2004 10:16 pm

As Griff did so, the shattered dishes around it fell down and around completely, making a good amount of noise as they did so. A slight groan or two escaped the walls around them, as if someone else had heard their noise.

The 'tool' however, when pulled out, seemed to resemble a remote of some kind. It was a somewhat small black box. There were three yellow buttons on its surface, each accompanied with a small amount of Infinity (unreadable) text. There were two pointed prongs on top, one of which Griff had seen through the wreckage.

He could test it out, or he could drop it..


User avatar
Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.
 
Posts: 7996
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2002 6:13 pm

Re: Holeo

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Wed Jan 28, 2004 10:35 pm

Looking the device over quickly, then shooting a glance at where he last saw Intemera, Griff decided to try his luck and press one of the buttons- The first of the three.


User avatar
Endadelta
( ◕ ω ◕ )
 
Posts: 3053
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2002 1:37 am

Shocking

Unread postby Endadelta » Wed Jan 28, 2004 10:36 pm

This button caused a slight jolt of electricity, a crackle, to form between the two prongs.

If Griff released the button, the crackle halted.

If he held the button down, the jolt intensified further and further until the tazer was difficult to handle.


User avatar
Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.
 
Posts: 7996
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2002 6:13 pm

Re: Shocking

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Wed Jan 28, 2004 10:38 pm

"....Huh. Never seen that before."

Letting curiousity win again, Griff pressed the next button!


User avatar
Endadelta
( ◕ ω ◕ )
 
Posts: 3053
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2002 1:37 am

Re: Shocking

Unread postby Endadelta » Wed Jan 28, 2004 10:43 pm

The second button causes the two prongs to shoot the jolts outward and away from the prongs. The two jolts of electricity were seriously inching themselves away.

The longer Griff held the button down, the further they went out.

However, if he released the button, then the jolts halted.

What practical use this had was, well, not easily seen!


User avatar
Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.
 
Posts: 7996
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2002 6:13 pm

Re: Shocking

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Wed Jan 28, 2004 10:44 pm

Raising a brow, Griff went ahead and tried that last button!


User avatar
Endadelta
( ◕ ω ◕ )
 
Posts: 3053
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2002 1:37 am

Re: Shocking

Unread postby Endadelta » Wed Jan 28, 2004 10:47 pm

The third button caused the two prongs to begin beeping, slowly.

The beeps increased in speed as each given moment passed. A small 'ball' of electricity formed at the tip of each prong and began to grow with each beep. More beeps caused more electricity to gather. Hence, the 'balls' grew larger and larger and larger until they were very nearly overshadowing the device.

If Griff released the button, the two balls would be released and effectively smash into a nearby wall. Nothing would really happen, since the walls were apparently resistant to such stuff.

Not releasing the button would, well, you know.


User avatar
Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.
 
Posts: 7996
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2002 6:13 pm

Re: Shocking

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Wed Jan 28, 2004 10:52 pm

Griff released the button, allowing the device to cool down a bit. Blowing on it a bit to help, he decided that while not immediately appearing useful, something that shot out electricity that way could be useful for intimidation purposes, and Enlil might have a better idea of what it is. For now, he decided to pocket it.


Uncle Pervy
 

Re: Shocking

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Wed Jan 28, 2004 10:55 pm

Enlil couldn't help but wonder if Infinity had somehow monitored her conversation with their victim. It was hard not to think about that look...

Then she saw the hole, and overheard a bit of conversation from it.

"Why are you guys down there?" she calls down, "Is everything okay?"


User avatar
Endadelta
( ◕ ω ◕ )
 
Posts: 3053
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2002 1:37 am

Re: Shocking

Unread postby Endadelta » Wed Jan 28, 2004 10:58 pm

Stephen paused and looked upwards. "Yes, well, as it turns out, Argus here helpfully stood around and did nothing long enough to fall through the floor. I come in after him to realize I can't simply fly back out. Other than that, we are fine."

Enlil could tell that Stephen was rather annoyed by the predicament!


Teh Kev
 

Re: Shocking

Unread postby Teh Kev » Wed Jan 28, 2004 11:53 pm

Argus looked at Stephen for a moment, before looking up at Enlil who was now looking down on them. "Well I could use my wings and carry you out... Although I can't shake the feeling something will jump out at me if I do. But perhaps thats me be paranoid." He changed his gaze back to Stephan who he had decided would have some comment on that if nothing else. That and it might also be stupid to do something without him giving it an OK first. He didn't want to get the dragonoid any more pissed off.


Uncle Pervy
 

Re: Shocking

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Thu Jan 29, 2004 3:10 am

"I see..." Enlil says. She gives the areas that she can see an astral scan, seeking to see if the two are alone, walking around the perimeter of it a bit.


User avatar
Zemyla
 
Posts: 1500
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 11:01 am

Backstep just a tad...

Unread postby Zemyla » Thu Jan 29, 2004 4:29 pm

Intemera also heard the crashing of dishes, and belatedly entered the kitchen. "What was that?"


User avatar
Endadelta
( ◕ ω ◕ )
 
Posts: 3053
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2002 1:37 am

Well, shit, it's what happens.

Unread postby Endadelta » Fri Feb 06, 2004 4:10 pm

Keir's possible attempts to move inside the building or away from the obviously approaching soldiers was intercepted by the fact that a few soldiers had approached from behind, as well.

And despite Keir's great power and his status as master of the block, he simply had no defense against several rifle holsters being slammed into the back of his skull.

That is why his next position was: prone on the ground. The piece of paper, for what it was worth, managed to flit away from the downed Keir and slip under the doors into the building, where it landed next to the near-crushed James.

~

Argus could feel free to try and fly up at this point. It was better than remaining in the darkness. There was also the fact that Stephen was glowering at him with ever growing intensity. The added suspicion that Enlil wouldn't mind if Stephen cut him was added onto that pile of worries, as well.

~

Enlil's searching swiftly picked up a definite sense of something organic below. The entire floor was apparently a mass of organic energy, and the greatest concentrations of energy were just below Argus and Stephen. From what she could tell, this energy was preparing to pulse upwards..

~

Intemera would find that Griff's hands were empty. This, in conjunction with the fact that there was a spilt pile of broken dishes not far from where he stood, made the situation all the more odd.

These thoughts were swiftly interrupted, however, as the stains on the wall of the apartment around them suddenly began to glow and move.

Edited by: Crawling Reshiki at: 2/6/04 4:16 pm

Uncle Pervy
 

Re: Well, shit, it's what happens.

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Fri Feb 06, 2004 10:38 pm

"Stephen!" Enlil shouts, "Move to the left, now!"

She also moves to grab Argus, and pull him away from the hole; while moving as well, before whatever the organic thing was preparing could surge forward and catch them.



Teh Kev
 

Re: Well, shit, it's what happens.

Unread postby Teh Kev » Sat Feb 07, 2004 2:22 am

Argus took little time in reacting to Enlils words. While he hadn't been directly warned himself he leaned forward a bit letting the two black wings sprout from his back, leaving a samll bit of blood dripping from his back. Not sure where exactly he was suppose to move himself, he made a rather risky attempt at grabbing Stephan by the arm and pulling him to the left while trying to fly upwards to within Enlil's reach.

I could care less if this pisses him off. But when and angel yells at you to move you need to move..


User avatar
Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.
 
Posts: 7996
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2002 6:13 pm

Re: Well, shit, it's what happens.

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sat Feb 07, 2004 5:53 am

Looking at the now glowing patches of wall, Griff narrowed his eyes a bit.

"Don't worry about that now. For now, get the fuck out of here. I'll be right behind you. Go!"

He began backing for the door, but didn't turn around. He figured it was best to keep an eye on the walls, as random glowing was almost never a good thing.


User avatar
Zemyla
 
Posts: 1500
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 11:01 am

Re: Well, shit, it's what happens.

Unread postby Zemyla » Sun Feb 08, 2004 6:06 pm

Intemera, also seeing the walls glowing (her experience with glowing things was limited to magic spells that her enemies in the gladiatorial arena threw at her), did not dispute Griff's assessment of the situation. She left as fast as she could, only looking back once she had exited the hallway completely to make sure Griff was behind her.


User avatar
Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.
 
Posts: 7996
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2002 6:13 pm

Re: Well, shit, it's what happens.

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sun Feb 08, 2004 6:13 pm

By now, Griff had pulled his sword, and was backing even more quickly twards the door, until reaching it, when he turned and began running.


User avatar
Endadelta
( ◕ ω ◕ )
 
Posts: 3053
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2002 1:37 am

Things swiftly worsen

Unread postby Endadelta » Mon Feb 09, 2004 6:14 pm

Stephen was about to spout off to Argus about grabbing his arm, until he heard Enlil's yell.

Then, the burst came.

It was akin to being sprayed with a firehose charged with blood and pus.

An added element of scathing heat was packed onto the burst as well, making it all the more annoying and painful.

Stephen's leg and cape were splashed, scalded, and generally mishandled before Argus could completely lift him up and away.

Apparently dissatisfied at being unable to catch its target, the energy began to move again. Enlil could now see that it was moving directly under Argus, who was currently aiming to get the hell out of the hole with one cursing dragonoid.

~

The stains on the wall continued to move and glow as Intemera backed away.

Griff could see the stains slowly moving away from the walls.. and jumping onto the floor in thin, wispy forms with a very volatile 'splat'.

Griff could see the stains moving together at the center of the apartment.. and slowly forming upwards into what was obviously a bigger form of some sort.

He could hear it gnashing and growling as it reformed behind him..

And he and Intemera would run out to see Enlil just over a hole in the floor. The sound of cursing was emnating from the hole. And, Stephen, Argus, Keir, and James were nowhere to be seen. Something was obviously up.


User avatar
Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.
 
Posts: 7996
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2002 6:13 pm

Re: Things swiftly worsen

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Mon Feb 09, 2004 6:16 pm

Grabbing Intemera quickly, Griff began hauling ass twards Enlil.

"Hey, we got trouble! Something's going on in that room back there! Some sort of...Hell, I don't even fucking know, SOMETHING! We need to get the hell out of here, now!"


Teh Kev
 

Re: Things swiftly worsen

Unread postby Teh Kev » Sun Feb 15, 2004 8:15 pm

Argus not sure if that.. thing was coming again continued upwards, although he tried to alter his path a bit so he was flying on a bit of a angle at the hole above instead of directly towards it. "


Crawling Reshiki
 

.revive.

Unread postby Crawling Reshiki » Thu Apr 08, 2004 2:51 pm

Keir would wake up soon, to find himself in a different location. His head hurt. It hurt like a swollen cantaloupe beaten with crusty melon rinds. While everything was dark around the fencer, there was a lamp of some sort near him. He could take advantage of this item to see more of his immediate area..

~

Enlil would have little time to react before a new burst, this one of freezing, chilling wind, came shooting up from the organic floor. This one targeted Argus specifically, stinging and freezing at his wings, seeking to halt muscular movement and bring the demon down.

Argus could drop Stephen and get the hell out of there faster. If he held onto Stephen for much longer, and without any other assistance, the freeze would surely take full hold of his wings and bring him down.

Griff could hear the being behind him groaning and gnashing again. The terms 'Programming initiated' rang up behind.. and there came the sound of approaching 'splut'steps. Closer, and closer, steadily, steadier..

~

Stephen's thoughts were direct. What the hell is going on here? This is no apartment building..


Uncle Pervy
 

Re: .revive.

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Thu Apr 08, 2004 5:49 pm

Unable to do much else, Enlil scanned the organic mass further, seeking to see if were were sentient as most animals, a purely instinctive thing like an anenome, or possibly intelligent.


User avatar
Zemyla
 
Posts: 1500
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 11:01 am

Re: .revive.

Unread postby Zemyla » Thu Apr 08, 2004 6:29 pm

Intemera, once she got a safe distance away, pulled out her trident. However, this was pretty much purely for her comfort, as she knew that poking the mass would do very little to it and possibly have bad effects.


User avatar
Endadelta
( ◕ ω ◕ )
 
Posts: 3053
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2002 1:37 am

D: :D

Unread postby Endadelta » Mon Oct 18, 2004 6:09 pm

The blob itself was not sentient at all! No, sir, this one apparently bore nothing more than a mechanical base! One that was now beginning to let out mechanical type noises, what with the klinks, klanks, and klatteralities.

It raised a tentacle that fired a laser! This laser zoomed by Griff, gave Intemera a nasty burn on the shoulder, and nearly struck Enlil.

One could turn to see that the laser itself had bored through a wall to the back. Another tentacle was raised... it seemed as if it were about to repeat the attack!


User avatar
Zemyla
 
Posts: 1500
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 11:01 am

Re: D: :D

Unread postby Zemyla » Tue Oct 19, 2004 4:09 pm

This is why I'm not that fond of magic or technology. There's no way to effectively counter it without more of the same.

But now Intemera was fairly mad at this thing. Ignoring her burn, she skipped to the side and then leapt forward, to try and pin the tentacle to the wall with her trident.


PreviousNext

Return to Gaera Main RPs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron

Yalogank