Grand Reopening!

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.

Re: Posties =D

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Thu Feb 19, 2004 1:29 am

Tareen watched Idran for a minute or two, wide-eyed. She began slinking over a bit, then turned to Kyle again, giving him a bit of a smile.

"Be quiet, Kyle, I have to sneak up on Irving!"

She continued sneaking closer, getting a bigger and bigger grin on her face. It seemed she had something planned for him, and thought he would have no idea it was coming.

Crouching a bit, and then jumping as high as she could and grabbing for Idrans back, she clung to whatever possible.

"Bagaga! Magical Pretty Soldier Mystic Assassin Magic Magic Tareen strikes again!"

Dropping almost immediatly, she looked around Idrans side, and then up at Dia, getting the same wideeyed look of amazement she had when she first came in.

"Holy...Man...She is...Woah...Just....Holy crap, she's AWESOME!"

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Thu Feb 19, 2004 12:23 pm

Dia, unconsciously tapping along to Max's music and wondering where in the world that unique sound came from, was surprised by Tareen. She looked down at the miniature, female copy of Kyle, blinking. Then, of course, she responded as any Dia would, given that Dia was a halfdragon bartender in Doma City with an unrelenting soft spot for children and very little formal training in how to deal with them.

"...What?"

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Thu Feb 19, 2004 2:51 pm

'Illusion helmet?' Carlos seemed genuinely puzzled. 'Illusion... helmet...' He mused alternately with drinking his ale. 'Oh! Gathering dust, I should think. I hadn't thought about those things for a while. This is my new project!'

The gnome gestured towards the device with a flourish, then scratched behind his ear.

'Completely useless as of now, of course. Say, who's making that music?' He peered around curiously.

Justice Augustus
Administrator

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Thu Feb 19, 2004 3:11 pm

Jifael looked over at Max. "I've never seen him before today, but he rates himself as the greatest musician ever...and by the sound of it he's got reason to. I've never heard anything like this..."

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Thu Feb 19, 2004 3:48 pm

At this point, Tareen had begun to flail her arms a bit, getting a bit over excited, but she never took her eyes off Dia.

"Awesome! You're awesome! With the things there, and the stuff there, and the other thing, and that crazy crap right there! I bet you're all like 'RAWR' and people are like 'OH CRAP IT'S THAT AWESOME LADY'! That is the most awesome thing I've ever seen! That's even more awesome than the time that guy made me try to kill Bill, and THAT was pretty sweet!...Wait, no, that sucked. But you don't! You're totally awesome! Holy crap, wow!"

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Thu Feb 19, 2004 3:59 pm

"Uh...okay," Dia replied, obviously confused. "Hey, hey, calm down, kid, don't hurt yourself..."

Dia grabbed under the countertop randomly, pulling out the first soft thing she came across. It turned out to be a small plushie of a black-furred, green-eyed nekojin in armor with two katana on her back. The plushie was complete with a set of tiny bracelets along the left arm.

"Ah, here. A friend of mine made this in Nekonia. You can play with it if you want."

Raishilliah

Bouncing bouncers!

Unread postby Raishilliah » Thu Feb 19, 2004 5:51 pm

Sashel gave a glance over at Dia.
"So thaaat's Dia. Okay... um, is a bouncer someone who bounces around alot? 'Cause if it is, then you're already a good bouncer." She smiled, satisfied with her own explanation.

"And you wanna be a hero too? That's neat." She nodded sagely.

The Duelist

Kicking it up a notch

Unread postby The Duelist » Thu Feb 19, 2004 6:36 pm

Max is feeling it now. The attention. The emotion. The true mastery of his art in action. It isn't so much the music he plays as it is the soul he puts into it. The music is indescribably important, but without soul or spirit the music is nothing more than random noise. He can feel the souls of everyone in the room now, as the song begins flowing over them. There was a chance that everyone would going home a bit happier tonight, then again, it was really their choice. He couldn't tell their souls what to do, he could only suggest or make options possible.

He could feel it now. Warm-up was over, time to pump it up a bit. Every measure could be either scream of dissonance, or flow with resonance so long as it all pieced together in the end. This was the stuff of pure untold legend now, the very spirit of the song. All the right ingredients were in place, now was the part where he mixed them up and let them flow...

------

Rick couldn't help but smile as he walked to the bar. Max was such a complete bastard. Not only did he blow him off, but he did it for a chance to perform a...he couldn't bring himself to say pointless...song to a bunch of drunks and...Crap.

The worst part was, that the minute Max started playing, it was very very difficult to stay angry at him. Very difficult. In fact, it made him even angrier that he was having trouble staying angry...

And then he gave up. Max was his secret weapon in his little known war, and whether he wanted to admit it or not, this meant that it was completely pointless to try and order him around.

On the other hand, it gave him another opportunity to get drunk.

He plopped down on a stool, "Strongest drink you have, leave the bottle."

pd Rydia

Re: Kicking it up a notch

Unread postby pd Rydia » Thu Feb 19, 2004 6:58 pm

Rob took a deep breath, making himself appear bigger than what he actually was. Not tougher, necessarily, but bigger.

"A bouncer is the guy who throws out all the 'rowdies.' Richard is Dia's bouncer right now but when he gets old and retires I'm gonna take over. But that's only so I can train and become a hero, ya know."

Dia couldn't help but bob her head along with Max's tune. And tap her foot. And hum. She found her mood bouyant, but, well...that was to be expected, what with opening the inn again and all.

She was so involved with the music that she almost didn't hear Rick. Almost.

"Alright, then," she said with a big smile. How could he look so dour? She disappeared into the back room and comes out with a large bottle of dragonale, cracked open the seal and poured a glass of the drink, leaving Rick both mug and bottle. "Give a yell if you need something, okay?"

The Duelist

Unread postby The Duelist » Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:04 pm

Rick nodded, "Will do ma'am."

A smile inched onto his face.

"Max you bastard..."

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:11 pm

"Hey, Dia," quipped Dae with an odd smirk, "I know this might sound like a weird request, but...

"Can I try my hand at bartending? I sling healing spells so much it'll be interesting handing out poison for a while..."

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:13 pm

Dia looked at Dae, and laughed.

"If you think you can, knock yourself out. Just don't break anything, and watch out for the goblins. If anyone has any special wine requests that aren't on the menu, ask Gihin or Yilliam or someone to fetch it."

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:51 pm

Tareen looked at the plushie a minute, then threw it over her shoulder.

"Your friend really should have wings if she's gonna be that small. Like Qulam! DISHONORABLE!!"

From the way she said it...It seems she had no idea what "Dishonorable" really means.

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:55 pm

"It's not polite to throw other people's things to the ground, little miss..." Dia looked up at Idran, imploring for some sort of an explanation.

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Thu Feb 19, 2004 9:24 pm

Tareen looked over her shoulder, a bit surprised, then went wide-eyed when she saw the plushie on the floor.

"...I didn't mean to kill her, I thought she had some other way of flying! I mean, what kind of idiot would be that small without having some way of...y'know, flying or something!? I DIDN'T MEAN TO, AND YOU CAN'T PROVE THAT I WANTED HER DEAD FROM THE START!"

Spinning and crouching, Tareen picked up the plushie again, and looked it over, before handing it up to Idran.

"Here, Irving, get rid of the evidance while I hightail it for Nekonia before the guard gets wise to me!"

pd Rydia

HTML Comments are not allowed

Unread postby pd Rydia » Thu Feb 19, 2004 9:29 pm

"Miss, miss, you didn't kill it...it's a doll. Dolls aren't alive to begin with," Dia explained carefully. "There's no need to go to Nekonia or anything."

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Re: HTML Comments are not allowed

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Thu Feb 19, 2004 11:34 pm

Daenj'r hopped up onto the bar facing out, swung his legs over, and dropped onto the other side.

"This is going to be fun! Uh... " He looked puzzled for a second.

"Is there a ... drink... mixing... scroll... thing around here? The only thing I can make is gin and tonic..."

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Thu Feb 19, 2004 11:38 pm

Dia leaned over and tapped a scroll of paper that was adhered to the counter under the bar. "Right here. Sometimes people request something special that's not on the list...just ask them how it's made and make it. Unless it requires something like a fusionaire."

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Fri Feb 20, 2004 12:42 am

"You got it.

"NOW WHO WANTS A DRINK?"

Justice Augustus
Administrator

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Fri Feb 20, 2004 1:34 am

Julux looked over. "Oh dear sweetness tell me he did not just say that. Someone is clearly new to the whole part-time barmanship."

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Fri Feb 20, 2004 1:56 am

Idran takes the plushie without really noticing, and sets it back on the bartop, when he appears to have some sort of idea.

"Say, Tareen? There's something even more awesome if you want to see it.", he says while smiling at the young Kyle-ina.

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Fri Feb 20, 2004 2:10 am

"Huh? What? Impossible! There can't be anything more awesome!...What is it?"

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Fri Feb 20, 2004 3:31 am

Pointing in a random direction, and hoping Tareen's overenthusiasm will take over from there, Idran says "Look at that. You have to think that's the most awesome thing ever. I mean, just look at it."

Justice Augustus
Administrator

Off to camping Gus goes.

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Fri Feb 20, 2004 5:48 pm

"Excuse me for a minute," said Julux. "I just need to check the stock in the back-room for a minute." He hopped down off his portable stairs and the axe could be seen wobbling into the store room of the Jade Dragon.

The Duelist

Re: Off to camping Gus goes.

Unread postby The Duelist » Fri Feb 20, 2004 11:07 pm

The fire burns and music flows and Max goes with it. It has hit its peak. The song has reached its midpoint, and from here the arc changes. Slowly, but surely the end nears.

But this is not the song that ends slowly and quietly. This is pure soul, and with Max at the helm, it will leave the stage with a bang, leaving the audience thirsting for more.

But this will not happen yet. Now he maneuvers, fingers streaming on the Mandolin that was not a Mandolin, choosing the method for the madness, slowly heading toward the final note.

All good things must end, but it isn't over until its over, and whenever these metaphors mix you'll find a muse at the center of it all. Even if he's half or whole...

------

Rick downed the rest of the bottle. Now things were just fuzzy enough to make sense, and that was what mattered.

"Can ya get me annuda wanna dese?" He asked in the direction of the bartender...

Raishilliah

Unread postby Raishilliah » Sat Feb 21, 2004 12:24 am

Sashel blinked once. Then twice.
"... Okay... but what are rowdies?" She hadn't had too much experience with that sort of thing.

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Sat Feb 21, 2004 3:58 pm

Dia took one second to gauge Rick's drunkenness based on his speech, before she responded to his question. "No," she said simply. "You're drunk enough."

The idiot drank the whole thing! I'm glad I gave him one of the 'special bottles,' or he would have killed himself by now. DOes no one stop to consider that maybe it's called 'dragonale' for a reason?

Rob, meanwhile, set out to educate Sashel. "Rowdies are people that come into tha inn and get rowdy. Ya know, they start fights and break stuff and cuss and cast spells. That's a rowdy."

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sat Feb 21, 2004 4:12 pm

Quickly looking to where Idran had indicated, Tareen once again went wide-eyed, then darted in that direction...Quickly smacking into a wall. Dazed, but still standing, the pointed a somewhat unsteady finger at the wall, and shouted.

"You may have won this round, and the hundreds of others before it...But mark my words, vile supporter of ceilings, your time will come!"

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Sat Feb 21, 2004 4:57 pm

For a while, Curtis had been watching, and he shook his head slowly when Tareen crashed into the wall. He then refocused his attention on Kyle.

He slowly waved once, not saying anything until Kyle paid him attention.

The Duelist

Unread postby The Duelist » Sat Feb 21, 2004 6:57 pm

"wadda ya mean 'Yev drunk enuff.' That wusssonly one bottulll..."

Rick blinked, and shook his head.

"My...I dare say yerright. Thiss'is pah...pah...pathetic. Yeeeah...pathetic. One goddamn bottle an'I'm out."

IM: The Last Barfighter needs a challenge...crap...I'm too f--cking drunk to...oh no...

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Sat Feb 21, 2004 7:00 pm

"That was dragonale, sir," Dia said while smothering a grin. "It's hard stuff. Enough to knock out a dragon. Say, you going to be alright, or should I call a white mage?"

The Duelist

Unread postby The Duelist » Sat Feb 21, 2004 7:23 pm

"Lllllady, iahthink yerrragonna needta calla Corona...Kerona...CORONER. YEah, that's the stuff..."

Rick collapsed backwards.

"Annnn tell Max dat da bastad'sssgotta payada-bill. E's the dickon stage......"

------

The Final Note. Max wipes a bead of sweat off his forehead. He feels accomplished, and far better off now that he has gotten THAT out of his system. Good.

For the first time he notices Rick...

------

Max's eyes dimmed as he spotted Rick on the floor.

"Sh-t...how much liquor could he have consumed to put HIM down...now he's going to stick me with the bill...

SH-T..."

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Sat Feb 21, 2004 8:00 pm

Dia sighed. You would think her reaction might be a little more dramatic for having a man pass out in front of her, but it really wasn't.

"Hey Dae, take a moment from playing barkeep, would you? We've got our first man out tonight, he could use a good Cleanse."

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Bread.

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Sat Feb 21, 2004 9:08 pm

A sigh. "Alright... so much for slinging poison... Rick, was it? Come over here..."

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Zero needs to not forget about this.

Unread postby Capntastic » Sun Feb 22, 2004 4:23 am

Kyle, momentarily removing his attention from a menu, realized someone was trying to get his attention. A bit embarrassed, he made eye contact, and spoke!

"Hiya there! How've you been?"

pd Rydia

Re: Zero needs to not forget about this.

Unread postby pd Rydia » Sun Feb 22, 2004 8:30 pm

"Dae, I don't think he's going to be answering you...you might need to come over this way..."

Dia looked up at Max, blinking as she took in his moderately strange appearance.

"Ah, 'just' a bottle of dragonale. I'm surprised he got that far, to be honest...must be a good drinker.

"Good music, by the way. Don't think I've ever heard anything quite like it."

Edited by: pd Rydia  Image at: 2/22/04 8:31 pm

The Duelist

Unread postby The Duelist » Sun Feb 22, 2004 9:21 pm

Max got down off of the small stage and slowly sidled toward Rick. Unfortunetely for him, he was a naturally honest man. A serious problem in his line of work.

"Um...he's alright, right? Please tell me he didn't down a half a dozen bottles before he went out..."

Max silently wondered if he had enough money to cover for whatever amount Rick had spent. He had no idea that it was just one bottle...but then again, that was to be expected. Rick was a master of many things, and besides swordsmanship, acrobatics, tactics, camoflouge, knife-fighting, hand to hand combat, and others, he was also a master combination Barfighter/Drinker. To think that he was down after a single bottle would have never entered his mind.

And so, he silently comprehended what he might use to get out of paying for whatever his friend had downed...

The Duelist

Unread postby The Duelist » Sun Feb 22, 2004 10:46 pm

Max grinned wryly, "You probably won't hear anything like it for two to four hundred years or so...and even then, it won't be anything like what I play."

In his mind though, he was asking, "What in the universe could topple someone like HIM after one bottle...I should get some of this stuff just for the novelty value..."

Divinegon2130

Div needs to not forget about this as well.

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Sun Feb 22, 2004 11:32 pm

Now that Curtis had Kyle's attention, he could speak.

"Been doing well, especially with how the business is holding up. What about you?"

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Re: Div needs to not forget about this as well.

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Mon Feb 23, 2004 12:32 am

"Oh for the love of... " Dae tromped over to the drunk and cast his Panacea spell on him. "Can we cut him off, Dia? I got a bad feeling..."

PreviousNext

Return to Gaera Main RPs