Grand Reopening!

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
NebulaQueen

Re: Grand Reopening!

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Sun Feb 15, 2004 5:36 pm

Instead of being grabbed towards the door, Spob kept his ground, and gave Tareen a confused look. "What are you talking about? Who's here?"

Is this about the walls? he thought.

Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sun Feb 15, 2004 5:54 pm

Tareen continued her shifty glance around, and seemed as if she was trying to keep calm. Checking around to make sure no one was listening in, she responded.

"The walls! They're all around us, just waiting to strike! It's almost like..They knew we were coming...Aha! That proves it! Them and their pointy-earred allies have a spy! And I'm willing to bet that it's Neb!...But it could be you, or Qulam...Or me! My GODS, I could be a spy for my arch enemies and not even know it! This SUCKS!"

Taking the chance to dive under a table in the classic "Duck and cover" technique, Tareen started a vigilant watch from her newfound fortress under the table.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Sun Feb 15, 2004 6:08 pm

And can you guess which table she happened to jump under?

Recognizing her voice, and feeling the table suddenly shake, Idran checks beneath the top, spoting the paranoia-prone youth hiding and watching.

"...Hello, Tareen. What are you doing?"

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sun Feb 15, 2004 6:22 pm

There was a momentary pause from under the table. Then a bit of slight murmering as Tareen thought aloud, ever so quietly. Then a sudden bump, thud, and a jump of the table as Tareen tried to stand, still underneath.

"Ow!...Hey, it's..Uh....The hat guy! Irving! What're you doing here? You're not with THEM are you? You are, aren't you!? Are you the spy!? HOW COULD YOU, IRVING!? I THOUGHT WE HAD TRUS- Hey, look! A gil!"

...At this point, it should've become quite obvious to anyone paying attention that Tareen didn't have the greatest of attention spans.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Sun Feb 15, 2004 6:35 pm

Idran just stares blankly at Tareen for a few seconds, before coming back up to speak with Kyle.

'"...Kyle, this is Tareen. I'm sure she'd be glad to meet you."

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sun Feb 15, 2004 6:47 pm

From beneath the table, trouble was brewing. When a child gets overly excited, bad things happen. When said child has an attention span like Tareens, worse things happen. When said child has an attention span like Tareens coupled with the powers she possesses...Well, let's not go there.

"Kyle! KYLE KYLE!"

Tareen paused a moment, then jumped up from under the table...Looking like a young, female version of Kyle, complete with a small rapier at her side, and the long gray coat.

"Kyle! Hi! It's me! You remember me! I was all "SAVE ME" And you were all "KAY", but then Idran and Bill came and I tried to kill them because the one guy made me, and it sucked! Do you like me now? I'm you, see!? Isn't that awesome?! I've even got the poker like you do!"

Taking the chance to catch her breath, neaten her now blonde/coppery hair, and pull her rapier (Or poker, as she'd say), Tareen just struck a little pose.

"Are you here to save this place from the great Wall and Pointy-Earred person menace, Kyle?! Can I help!? I wanna help! Let me help! Oh, come on! You never let me do anything fun! Spob is much better than you are! Did I show you my coin? I found it just now! ...Hey, uh..I'm kinda hungry now. I think I changed too much...Can one of you gimme some food?"

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Sun Feb 15, 2004 6:57 pm

Curtis turned toward the craziness Tareen was presenting. Maybe I should've stayed home, Curtis thought.

He quickly finished his dragonale and headed over to the table Idran and Kyle were at, looking curious.

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Unread postby Capntastic » Sun Feb 15, 2004 7:14 pm

A blink was the initial response to all of this. After three seconds of deep thought, Kyle simply replied with a cautious "Uh, sure. What would you like?" and an inner-hope that it would suffice to calm her.

The Duelist

Unread postby The Duelist » Sun Feb 15, 2004 7:28 pm

Max blinked...

"That was different."

His fingers began going along the mandolin strings, and the jazz paino was suddenly accompanied by an unseen saxophone...

Justice Augustus
Administrator

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Sun Feb 15, 2004 7:31 pm

"One moment please sir." The axe wobbled along to the end of the bartop, then a gnome slowly rose as if climbing stairs until the bartop was at his elbow height. He then grabbed the bartop and pushed, and seemed to glide along the other side of it until he stopped himself opposite Max. Julux grinned and pulled a cloth from below the bar, a glass that was perfectly clean, and began to wipe it, a little habit he had picked up from bars he had worked at previously. "What can I get you?"

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sun Feb 15, 2004 7:48 pm

Tareen thought a minute.

"Uhh...Some of the tangy stuff. Or the spicy stuff. Or the creamie stuff....Or...Stuff. Stuff is good."

Adding a little nod to it, Tareen seemed to actually be confidant in her answer.

The Duelist

Unread postby The Duelist » Sun Feb 15, 2004 8:09 pm

Max didn't even blink. Trickery was a pasttime of his, and he'd seen this one before.

"Hmm...another of these ales if you could."

His eyes flashed as his fingers danced along the mandolin. Now...where would Julux's gag take him?

Piano slows down to the background to represent a lull in the action as conversation begins.

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:35 am

"'twas no trouble, china..." said the older man. "Least I can do be pay fer me drink, see? A nice boost fer a realatively new business!"

Osbourne took a seat, and began observing those hanging around the place. After all, they were in Doma, and it was only a matter of time before someone tried to explode the place...

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

Yay Zanyness!

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Mon Feb 16, 2004 9:53 am

Stephan glanced around the Inn, letting out an audible sigh. He glanced down at the parchments in his hands again, visibly upset. Midoku cast him a glance, curious what was bothering him so much.

Then their hostess came back over, asking them what they'd like to eat. Midoku turned to look at her, then blinked a bit, bothered slightly by the look she gave them. He recalled seeing such a look before, usually on women, oddly enough. However, he was not entirely sure what the reason for it was.

It didn't really matter that much, once he thought about it, so he went ahead to answer her.

"We would like to partake of the day's special, if said meal is available for consumption." Midoku told her, smiling politely.

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Mon Feb 16, 2004 9:53 am

The door opened once more, and another gnome entered the premises, this one wearing simple, hard-wearing traveller's garb in shades of brown, a short sword at his waist, and an odd cog-shaped goggle with a variety of attachments, half of which were currently extended on mechanical arms.

Carlos Horatio Stefens surveyed the Jade Dragon, and reflected that it was a shame that his old workplace, the Wyvern's Eyrie, had not been miraculously rebuilt in such a manner. Indeed, Aza'rek had seemingly done nothing towards repairing the place. Carlos intended to have words with the daemon when he saw him next.

It was then his gaze passed over the bar, and he saw a face he recognised.

'Julux! It's been an age.'

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Mon Feb 16, 2004 1:11 pm

"Okaaay!" Hilda said in a tone that was almost singing. She promptly swung around on her heel and practically skipped into the back room, yelling out the couple's order to the goblins on cooking duty.

Justice Augustus
Administrator

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Mon Feb 16, 2004 4:02 pm

Julux had pushed his wheeled ladder across the bar to the nearest set up pumps and was getting Max's drink, humming quietly to himself, when Carlos had called out to him. He turned and said "Carlos! How are you? How's the inventing going? Climb up a stool and I'll be with you in a second." He then wheeled back to Max, not spilling a drop, and set the glass down in front of him. "There ya are guv. Six gil please. By the look of ya I'd say ya a bard of some sort. A talent I must say. Meself, I've always been more the writing type, stories and whathaveya."

Raishilliah

Unread postby Raishilliah » Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:24 pm

Again the door flew open and a girl skipped in. She had painfully bright pink-purple hair, shiny blue eyes, a pair of fluffy white angel wings, and ears long and pointed enough to spear someone.

It was, of course, Sashel. She'd liked the place before, and looking around, she decided that it was just as good as it had been, if not better. And so many people! Her eyes darted about, looking for someone she knew. If there wasn't anyone, though, that was okay too. Making friends was a good thing. As long as they weren't serial killers, that is. Much to Sashel's relief, she couldn't see many of those about. Except Tareen.
"She can't be that dangerous, though..." Sashel assured herself. "She's alot younger than me."

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=raishilliah>Raishilliah</A]&nbsp; Image at: 2/16/04 5:27 pm

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:49 pm

And Carlos did just that, clambering up one of the barstools, which were rather thoughtlessly designed for the less vertically challenged. As, he reflected, was pretty much everything in the city.

The Duelist

Unread postby The Duelist » Mon Feb 16, 2004 6:45 pm

Max nodded, "Indeed, I'm quite possibly the greatest bard you'll ever meet, but that's just my opinion."

The background jazz picked up a bit.

"So how's business?"

Edited by: The Duelist at: 2/16/04 6:46 pm

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:10 pm

Meanwhile, another young child was experiencing a double-take at Sashel's appearance.

The child in question was a boy of around 10 or 11 years, with short, mud-colored hair that was (for once) more-or-less neatly combed into place. He wore a pair of worn navy pants and a baggy white tunic which were mostly in presentable shape and position. His grey eyes took in Sashel with obvious surprise. By his feet, a similarly groomed dog--whose fur coat appears to be made out of the leftover scraps of every type of brown material in Doma City--watched his every action.

Apparently deciding he didn't have anything to lose, the boy shoved his fists in his pockets and strolled over nonchalantly, mutt at his heels. "Hi," he greeted simply with what he assumed was a friendly smile. "Your hair is awfully pink. Do you know Dia's little sister?"

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Re: Woo!

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Tue Feb 17, 2004 12:07 am

The door burst open. A blur of brown, red, beige and blue burst into the room. "Is she here?" it said. "Is she really here? Is she really b-WHAAAAAH!" The blur tripped, rolled on the ground, and became a familiar white mage with a huge smile on his face.

"WHERE ARE YOU AT, DIA RAI? Daenj'r Tymisonn wants to see you!"

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Tue Feb 17, 2004 12:28 am

Dia visibly winced and gave Osbourne an apologetic look. Then, she turned to Daenj'r and called out in a perfectly reasonable tone of voice:

"I'M RIGHT HERE YOU TWIT, THERE'S NO NEED TO--shout."

With a slightly sheepish and slightly playful grin, Dia waved to the white mage from her position at the bar, across from Osbourne.

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Tue Feb 17, 2004 1:20 am

Daenj'r smiled wide, and picked himself up off the ground, rushing rather foolishly to the bar. "^_^ Dia! Oh, I thought you were gone for good! Do NOT, I repeat, girl, do NOT pull a stunt like that on a brotha again..."

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Tue Feb 17, 2004 9:46 am

Carlos studiously ignored the white mage and withdrew his latest toy from a pocket, and a nearly-all-purpose tool he had invented himself - which looked for all the world like it could be a terrifying torture device, other than the fact that he was now using it to tighten some screws - from another.

The gnome hadn't decided what the gadget he was tinkering with did, yet, but when he did he was sure it would be something extra special.

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Tue Feb 17, 2004 1:59 pm

"It's not like I had the luxury to inform all my Doman contacts what I was planning...I had an inn to evacuate..." Dia replied with a typical indifferent shrug, looking away. She returned her gaze to her old travelling companion with a smile, however. "Besides, why WOULDN'T I come back, with that idiot pit lord demon whatever was gone? This land is still mine, and it's worth quite a bit, and is a great position for an inn...besides, the building I was renting in Nekonia was, quite frankly, crap..."

Not that Dia wanted to go back to where the majority of her friends were. That she would admit aloud, anyway.

Justice Augustus
Administrator

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Tue Feb 17, 2004 4:26 pm

"I'm only the part-time barman, but look around ya for the answer! The Jade Dragon is back to it's old standing as one of Doma's most popular pubs, and rightly so. As for yer claim, if yer 'alf as good as ya say ya're perhaps you should 'ave a rabbit with the boss lady. That's Dia, over there." Julux pointed Dia out and then excused himself and wheeled over to Carlos.
"Well mate, I'm gald to see ya but I just gotta 'ope that the gizmo you got there aint gonna kill someone or blow up the building...again."

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Tue Feb 17, 2004 4:36 pm

His attention drawn to Dia by her exchange with Daenj'r, Idran sees an opportunity to make his greetings.

"One second, Kyle, I'll be right back."

After a brief glance at Tareen, he adds, "...possibly."

With that, he gets up and heads over to the bar.

"Hey, Dia, just thought I'd congratulate you on your reopening. Quite impressive, the speed this place seemed to be rebuilt."

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Tue Feb 17, 2004 5:20 pm

Carlos scrutinised his project.

'I should hope not.' He said, blinking in surprise. 'But then again, it could be. We shall see, my friend. Can I get an ale?'

Justice Augustus
Administrator

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Tue Feb 17, 2004 5:28 pm

"Certainly" and once more the sound of squeaking wheels was accompanied by the image of a gnome swinging around the bar. One filled glass later and he was back opposite Carlos. "So 'ow 'ave things been?"

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Tue Feb 17, 2004 5:46 pm

'As eventful for me as anyone else in these times, I should think. I got work at the Wyvern's Eyrie as the doorman, or doorgnome I should say. Of course, though Aza'rek kept the place safe during the invasion it was rather ironically destroyed by Malachias falling on it.'

He paused and sipped at his ale.

'I decided to go travelling for a little while. Just got back today.'

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Tue Feb 17, 2004 5:49 pm

Dia greeted Idran with a widening of her smile. "Thanks, Idran...I wish I could take credit for it, but the goblins did all the work, really...heck, they had so much fun rebuilding the inn, you could almost swear they were happy to see the inn crushed..."

Justice Augustus
Administrator

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Tue Feb 17, 2004 6:16 pm

Julux's hands had returned to wiping a completely clean glass until it squeaked as he said: "Yeah I 'eard there was some kind of excitement in Doma. Unfortunately I seemed to 'ave just missed all of it. I 'ad a wanderlust about me and found meself down south somewhere near the northern border of Kelshanna. Beautiful forests there, though I got meself a bit lost. Managed to wrangle a couple of stories out though, so not a total waste." He paused for a minute and looked around the bar. I'm gonna like workin' 'ere. The stories are gonna flow almost as much as the dragonale does.
"So where did yer feet lead you?"

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Tue Feb 17, 2004 6:23 pm

'North a ways, and then into the Shumans.' Carlos made the appropriate arm gestures as he said this. 'You know, you're a storyteller, you mgiht like this - I was on this remote mountain trail when I chanced across the oddest thing. I'd taken shelter from a storm in this cleft in the rock, and I realised I was leaning against metal. It was a large mechanical arm stuck in the cleft. Amazing the things you find in remote places, eh?'

The Duelist

Unread postby The Duelist » Tue Feb 17, 2004 7:08 pm

Max couldn't help but smile broadly at Julux's comment. He placed down the money for his drink as Julux shifted to another customer...

"Why not? I don't have anything better to do."

So...she owned this inn. Interesting...

"Now." He thought, "Let the fun begin."

Rick was a bit inconsequential at this point, it wasn't as if anything important was happening, besides, any time was a good time to rock the house down. He made his way over to where Dia was conversing with some others.

"Excuse me." He said, his silver eyes flashed brightly, until he stopped them. They always did that when he felt that moment of anticipation, and the groove beginning in him...

"I happened to notice that you didn't have any musicians tonight. I was wondering if I could take my place in their usual area, free of charge." This was going to be fun...

Edited by: The Duelist at: 2/17/04 7:18 pm

Raishilliah

Unread postby Raishilliah » Tue Feb 17, 2004 8:14 pm

"Dia's sister?" Sashel looked a little taken aback, but smiled nonetheless. "Nope! Never heard of her! Actually, I haven't really heard of... Nia, no that wasn't it... Yia, no... Dia, that's right." Maybe she had seen her "bunchies" of times, but never got a name. And she began to hum along to whoever was playing, nearly tempted to sing along random words with it.

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

Posties =D

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Tue Feb 17, 2004 10:13 pm

Midoku shifted nervously in his seat, subconciously tilting his hat down a bit further. He was not fond of being around a lot of people, despite having been in Doma for so long. So many faces the blue mage was not familiar with set off the small bit of paranoia in his head. He resisted the urge to swap places with Stephan and hide behind him, telling himself that it was ok, that these were simply other patrons who only wanted to eat and drink. Taking a deep breath, he turned to look at Stephan.

Stephan was busy skimming over the sheets of parchment again, occasionally looking up and eyeing around the bar, paticularly the area opposite to them. Something was disturbing him greatly, that much was painfully obvious to Midoku. So much so he didn't seem to realize the blue mage was watching him. What was bothering him, Midoku couldn't tell right away, after casting his own quick glance around the bar. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary... other than how quickly the former pile of rubble had been rebuild. There were the tables, chairs, the bar, the stage, the dart board, the peculiar game with the flippers and ball Dia had put in months ago (causing many a hair to be tugged by a certain swordsman). What was it bothering him? Was it part of some contract he had made them agree too? Was the subject of said contract in this room?

Whatever it was, he decided it could wait until they received their meal. They had come here for something to eat above all else. So Midoku waited, as Stephan continued to mumble and skim over the parchments. After they ate, he figured he could make use of his patented berating of the angsty swordsman to get the information he wanted.

Out of love, of course.

pd Rydia

Re: Posties =D

Unread postby pd Rydia » Tue Feb 17, 2004 11:59 pm

The smile all but disappeared from Dia's face as Max addressed her. For one thing, there were already three people trying to talk to her, and she could only hold so many conversations at once. For another thing, this guy's eyes were the strangest shade of silver she had ever seen...and she worked in Doma...and she could have sworn they had just flashed.

On the other hand, she was talking to three other people...

"Yeah, sure," she replied simply, her instinct telling her to say 'no' but her mind wanting to avoid an argument. If he turned out to be a prankster, she could just get Richard to toss him out, or the goblins to mob him.

"Oh," Robert replied to Sashel. "Cuz you look like her. Pink that is, not Dia." The boy pointed out Dia, saying, "that's Dia, she owns this place. I'm Robert, I'm training to become her bouncer...but only until I become a hero." He puffed up his little chest...just a little.

Justice Augustus
Administrator

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Wed Feb 18, 2004 7:11 pm

Julux paused for a moment. "A mechanical arm, eh? Gotta wonder 'ow it got there." He shook his head, after what he'd seen during his travels he knew that anything was possible. "So what 'ave you created since I saw ye last? And 'ow's work on that whatchamacallit...illusion helmet thing you showed me last time."

The Duelist

Unread postby The Duelist » Wed Feb 18, 2004 8:34 pm

Max quickly made his way to the musicians' area before Dia changed her mind. All great military successes in history were based on not giving the other guy time to think about what was happening. He didn't intend to do anything TOO radical...just to spice up the entertainment side of things a bit.

He decided, start small.

------

He does not notice the smoke, the booze, or the other distractions. They do not matter. He doesn't notice the red cloaked, and he doesn't see the angry looking, crimson cloaked figure who enters the inn a moment. When the music starts, its easy not to see things. Like just how messed up your life is. Max is a Man On A Mission, here to rescue someone who got put in the wrong place at the wrong time. he has time, but its a race. Every second counts, and thus far its been one constant hellstorm after another.

And this one is Pro Bono. The family had asked, and he couldn't have possibly said no. Not to mom...

But this isn't now. That doesn't matter. Music doesn't care about how you feel, that's why god allowed for more than one song. Music is all for the here and now, evoking the emotion you want. And that's why he, just like every one else whether they admit it or not, can never truly describe it in the past tense, nor can it be felt as something that happened long ago. It is always the present...

And so, once again, Max unleashed all of his feelings out of his system, his worries, his fears, the entire mass that feared to overwhelm him whenever he wasn't acting like a happy-go-lucky bastard.

And he let it go. The electric guitar kicked in over the mandolin, and the beat in his soul went over in the background.

You may some day know what it is that Max did then and there. You may have heard stories of people who have performed on stage, singing a song that cannot translate into english. You can't understand what they're saying, yet somehow it makes perfect sense. You can feel the sorrow and pain. You don't understand a bloody word of it, but you can still somehow feel the meaning. And out comes the masterwork. But this wasn't sorrow, this wasn't pain. This was happiness, what Max was hoping to find. And it was good.

But with all good things, it starts small, a single note as the first block on the pyramid...and then it gets covered over by more...and the master musician knows exactly where the show will go.

------

Rick Dwyer watched from the entrance.

"Stupid *&^!#?ing Showoff."

PreviousNext

Return to Gaera Main RPs