The Mercenary RP.

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
Blaze Yamato Spirit
 

Re: Run Forest Run

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Tue Jun 08, 2004 6:30 am

From her now limited vision, Valia could just out who she assumed to be Ree next to two other figures. Ree being the most in need of assistance that she could at least vaguely see from her position, Valia faced a decision - Assist him with a spell, thereby risking losing concentration of the flame, or to assist him herself, leaving her in just as much danger. A rapid reflection resulted in her raising the hand holding her rod towards Ree and casting.

[Armour]

Edited by: Blaze Yamato Spirit at: 6/8/04 6:33 am

User avatar
Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.
 
Posts: 7996
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2002 6:13 pm

Re: Run Forest Run

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Tue Jun 08, 2004 4:03 pm

NOT noticing Ree's plight, Carlton raised his staff at the raider closest to himself, and began channeling his energy twards him, attempting to form a Beam spell to blast the man in the gut.

(Basic beam, raider two. Thanks to FD for pointing out the fine print I missed >_>;)

Edited by: Shinigori V2  Image at: 6/8/04 4:16 pm

FlamingDeth
Moderator
 
Posts: 2128
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 1:54 am

Re: Run Forest Run

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Tue Jun 08, 2004 4:22 pm

Knowing that the bandits were getting reinforcements, and knowing that it would be a real drag to be outnumbered, Ratch tried evening the playing field just a little. He knew that he likely wouldn't be able to hit a moving target in something as small as the head, but there was no point in not trying...

(An extra three points in Eagle Eye (oh, how I love that tech), and an attempted headshot on Raider 1, with the gun he didn't shoot the elf with.)


JoshuaDurron
 

Re: Run Forest Run

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Tue Jun 08, 2004 8:41 pm

Seeing that he was now outnumbered, and that his hopes to turn the tables on his antagonist had been foiled by the arrival of reinforcements, the drow decided he would take this opportunity to... RUN LIKE HELL.

The drow, hoping his wound was not entirely serrious, quickly turned and made haste as quickly as he could towards Ratch and Valia, jabbing at the raider to his right with his staff as he did so, more to keep him at arms reach than hoping to hit him...

(Thrust at Raider 1 while running towards Ratch's position.)


User avatar
Jak Snide
 
Posts: 5457
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 7:14 am
Location: London

Re: Run Forest Run

Unread postby Jak Snide » Tue Jun 08, 2004 10:05 pm

Just as Larak raised his axe to strike a beam of amazingly bright energy sped past his side, slamming into the bandit before him. Carlton's spell blew straight through the feeble leather armor the man was wearing and scorched the flesh of his chest as he was pitched backward onto the ground. Dead or not, he wasn't getting up any time soon.

Ree turned in time to watch Ratch shoot, and miss, before the drow was promptly reminded turning your back on a foe is a bad idea. In his haste to get away he exposed himself to the injured elf, who's remaining weapon carved a lovely cut across his back. He was still on his feet, but he was also pretty sure this was the most pain he'd felt in a long, long time. The soft glow that surrounded him as a result of Valia's spell did nothing to sooth his injuries, although it'd help with any future ones he might sustain.

On top of the caravan, Saen's assailant raised his blade, gripping it tightly with both hands, just as the woman seemingly vanished from in front of him. Not willing to let her escape, he continued with his attack. However, her agility and newly gained camouflage proved more than enough for her to evade the blow. In fact, it put her in position to push the unbalanced thug off the roof.

Ree, by now fleeing, exchanged blows with a bandit as he passed, each of them blocking the others attack. However, as he neared Ratch, he heard a shout in a high pitched, piercing female voice.

"Prepare to be destroyed!"

The Valthi gunman was suddenly engulfed in flames, his clothing and hair ignited by the potent spell. For those who could see, reinforcements had arrived in the form of a tall, stick thin human woman sporting cyan robes and a bald man, who's left eye was covered by an eye patch. While his clothing and gear didn't mark him out as anything special, the spell he cast showed his colours to be white. The bandit who Saen had bewitched was suddenly freed from his bonds, and took the first step toward his prey.

(Carlton KOs Raider 2, Ree is hit for 17 damage, and Ratch is hit for 36 fire damage and ignited. Valia's concentration doesn't break, and flame tongue keeps going. Saen has a 4 PA bonus for the next 2 minutes while in darkness. Finally, the bandit enforcer is released from Shadow Bind. Larak, due to having his target taken down, acts first next round. Hexboard is here.)


Dark Xia
 

Re: Run Forest Run

Unread postby Dark Xia » Tue Jun 08, 2004 10:31 pm

(This message was left blank)

Edited by: Dark Xia at: 6/9/04 2:56 pm

User avatar
Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!
 
Posts: 3604
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 2:02 am
Location: New Zealand

Re: Run Forest Run

Unread postby Kelne » Wed Jun 09, 2004 3:11 am

Larak stepped over his former, rather crispy opponent, intending to get the remaining raider out of the way. From the sounds coming from the other side of the wagon, his help would be needed over there soon, if not now.

And somebody was going to have to do something about the man with the halberd. Wouldn't do to turn his back on that one.

As soon as he was in striking distance, Larak chopped at the bandit's chest, intending to take him out while he was still disoriented from the fall.


Blaze Yamato Spirit
 

Having no directly offensive spells is fun, but challenging!

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Wed Jun 09, 2004 5:58 am

Valia was again faced with the choice of moving forward to join the fighting, or casting another spell. She didn't like the first option one bit, and a scan of her mental catalogue of spells left her with only one obvious choice.

Again well aware of the risk of her flame tongue going out, she held up her hand in the direction of the woman who had just appeared near the elf, behind Ree.

[Entanglement]


JoshuaDurron
 

Re: Having no directly offensive spells is fun, but challeng

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Wed Jun 09, 2004 10:29 am

Reeling from the hits he had taken, Ree turned about and backpedaled, the rappidly unfolding nature of the situation throwing him completely off balance.

THIS is what I would call a very, very bad situation. Remind me how I got into it again?

As the bitter question raced through his mind, he fumbled around in his belt pouch and withdrew a healing potion which he had bought quite some time ago (or, at least it seemed as if it had been some time ago...) and quaffed it down.

So much for doing things my way...


User avatar
Jak Snide
 
Posts: 5457
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 7:14 am
Location: London

Re: Run Forest Run

Unread postby Jak Snide » Wed Jun 09, 2004 1:14 pm

<span style="font-size:xx-small;">(Xia: Saen shoved the raider off the caravan last round, since he critically missed.)</span>


Dark Xia
 

Re: Run Forest Run

Unread postby Dark Xia » Wed Jun 09, 2004 3:00 pm

("In fact, it put her in position to push the unbalanced thug off the roof." Sorry, this gave me the impression that she hadn't done so already... very well then!)

Under her shadows she gave the big guy a cold look. "Darkness and mirth, come together and birth, woe and misery for this wretched beast." Saen whispered.

You're not joining this fight jsut yet big-stick boy... mhh.. I wonder if that's an inner reflection or you're jsut trying to make up for your natural shortcomings... maybe I can check after the battle ^_^.

(Darkness bind again on the unwanted big guy, aka enforcer.)


FlamingDeth
Moderator
 
Posts: 2128
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 1:54 am

Sort of like being on fire, I guess!

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Thu Jun 10, 2004 8:45 pm

"ZESH!" shouted Ratch, imediately dropping his weapons. "RU VARO ZHI NAZA!"

Trying as hard as he could to keep a cool head while being on fire, the Valthi gunman dropped to the ground and began rolling around, trying to put it out as fast as possible. It wasn't just the injuries he was worrying about -- no, he didn't want every single round of ammunition he carried with him to go off at the same time.

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=flamingdeth>FlamingDeth</A] at: 6/10/04 10:44 pm

User avatar
Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.
 
Posts: 7996
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2002 6:13 pm

Re: Having no directly offensive spells is fun, but challeng

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Thu Jun 10, 2004 10:43 pm

Carlton quickly prayed that he hadn't hurt the man too badly, and took a look around to get a better idea of what was happening, circling around to the other side of the wagon, quickly.

(No action at the moment, just moving to the other side of the wagon)


User avatar
Jak Snide
 
Posts: 5457
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 7:14 am
Location: London

Two down this round! But not on the same side.

Unread postby Jak Snide » Fri Jun 11, 2004 12:10 am

A dwarven axe greeted the bandit's chest as he rose to his feet, slamming him into the side of the wagon and killing him stone dead. It took a bit of effort to get his weapon out of the carcass, but Larak couldn't complain. He was in top notch condition while all around him others traded blows and bled. Or burnt, as was the case with Ratch. Thankfully, the militaristic nature of Valth proved a boon, since children were taught at a young age how to survive the inevitable shootout between two teams of corporate mercs. His efforts extinguished the flames in quick order and ensured he hand't lost too much of his hair. Sadly, he had little time to celebrate as the remaining bandit of the initial trio threw himself at him, plunging his sword straight through his right leg, pinning the gunman to the ground.

Valia, who was a mere few feet away from the spectacle, noted her comrade predicament. She also noticed the lady elf skulking toward the South side of the road, either retreating or wanting to see how things were going on the other side of the caravan. Either way, it didn't affect the outcome of her spell. The ground beneath the pompous black mage gave birth to a myriad of vines which raced up to ensnare her. She struggled, desperately trying to maintain her own spell. The outcome would be inevitable, though.

Saen, high on her perch, once again worked her magic on the now truly irate brute, who once again found himself entrapped by shadowy tendrils. Although she couldn't hear him clearly above the sounds of combat she did make out the words "whore born bitch." Sadly, she didn't have time to taunt the man in return. The black mage, having held off Valia's vines for just long enough, threw a dart of electricity at the dark visage of Saen. It connected, and suddenly her world was pain, followed by sudden, and merciful, loss of consciousness. She toppled, crumpling onto the roof of the caravan, blind luck preventing her from tumbling over the side.

Ree, who'd retreated further, saw her fall as he quaffed the potion. While it was only a weak elixir, it proved most effective. Bleeding stopped and his wounds partially mended themselves, the pain subsiding. At this time Carlton rounded the wagon to see a singed Ratch in deep trouble, the bandit yanking his sword out of the man for a second, finishing blow. It didn't help that he had taken on a soft, white luminance, which he recognized as a potent healing spell.

<span style="font-size:xx-small;">(Alrighty. Firstly, Saen is KOd by the spell, but is on 38 HP. Valia's spell has taken full effect now, with the black mage being immobilized in every way until the duration expires. She also maintains her Flame Tongue spell. Ratch begins the round prone, but able to act, albeit at a -3 general penalty. Ree is on 54 HP now. Carlton acts first next round, due to missing his action once again. Hexboard can be found here.)</span>


FlamingDeth
Moderator
 
Posts: 2128
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 1:54 am

The roof is no longer on fire. :O

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Fri Jun 11, 2004 12:46 am

Ratch, despite his burns, was still not going to go down without a fight. Sure, he was on the ground. Sure, he was probably going to limp for a couple days. But he'd be damned if one thug could take him out. He reached out for whichever gun that was closest, and brought it to bear in the direction of the bandit's face...he might not have been as successful as he would have liked before, but from this distance, the man would take a bullet in the head and he'd damn well better like it, or he'd be getting another one.

(One gun attack with...oh, we'll say five TP thrown into Eagle Eye, at the bandit that's at point blank distance. Aiming, obviously, at the brain.)

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=flamingdeth>FlamingDeth</A] at: 6/11/04 3:51 am

Blaze Yamato Spirit
 

Re: Sort of like being on fire, I guess!

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Fri Jun 11, 2004 4:06 am

That bandit, and more specifically his head, were not going to be having a good night. Valia too had plans for it.

Offering a mental thought of thanks for whatever power had seen fit to gift her with the concentration to maintain her original spell throughout the casting of the others, she took a stride forward and...

(Well, just an intermission - if it's relevant according to her position in the initiative order next round, she'd have enough common sense to stop the moment she saw the Valthi's gun move, considering she'll be putting her hand uncomfortably close to the line of fire otherwise. ^^; Otherwise, just ignore this and read on.)

...thrust her hand towards the crown of the bandit's head, the flickering tongue of flame moving with it.

Let's see him make a killing blow with his head alight.


Dark Xia
 

Re: Having no directly offensive spells is fun, but challeng

Unread postby Dark Xia » Fri Jun 11, 2004 6:25 am

Saen's scream ripped through the air like a bat out of hell. She had time for one thought before she slipped away into unconsciousness.

For future reference, kill magic users first.

Edited by: Dark Xia at: 6/11/04 6:27 am

JoshuaDurron
 

Re: Having no directly offensive spells is fun, but challeng

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Fri Jun 11, 2004 11:08 am

Ree frowned. He didn't particularly feel like charging back over to try and tackle any of the mages, although keeping that white mage busy might be helpful. He really didn't have any skill with which to help Saen either. All in all, it might be wise to just wait until things cleared up just a bit...

((OOC: Delaying next action.))


User avatar
Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!
 
Posts: 3604
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 2:02 am
Location: New Zealand

Re: Two down this round! But not on the same side.

Unread postby Kelne » Fri Jun 11, 2004 7:31 pm

Saen's fall revealed to Larak that there was a mage somewhere out there. Couldn't let him go about flinging magic with impunity.

Seeing that the elf was in view and probably up to no good, Larak decided to give her something to really worry about. He removed his hatchet from its place on his belt and hurled it at her end over end.

That done, he too moved around the wagon for a better view.

Yes, there was the mage. Looked like he'd brought a friend, too. Of course, they looked rather lonely and vulnerable standing out there...


User avatar
Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.
 
Posts: 7996
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2002 6:13 pm

Re: Sort of like being on fire, I guess!

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sat Jun 12, 2004 7:29 pm

Seeing Ratch's position, Carlton raised his staff and said a quick prayer, leading into a chant, praying for the Gods above to give Ratch strength, and heal his wounds.

(Basic Cure on Ratch)


User avatar
Jak Snide
 
Posts: 5457
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 7:14 am
Location: London

Ratch is being far too badass for his own good.

Unread postby Jak Snide » Sun Jun 13, 2004 2:25 pm

As the looming bandit towered over Ratch, Carlton's spell took hold, healing the Valthi somewhat. What came next, however, was what truly saved the man. Perhaps it was the shimmer of the spell over Ratch's form. Perhaps it was the sudden realisation that he was alone. Whatever it was, the bandit hesitated for a split second, which was more than enough for Ratch to bring a gun to bear and ventilate his skull, brain matter and shards of skull spraying out from the back of the head. To add insult to fatal injury, Vali's spell, which she'd painstakingly maintained, ignited the head of the standing corpse as he toppled over. Onto Ratch.

On the other side of the caravan the elven woman nimbly sidestepped Larak's throw as she darted toward him, remaining blade darting out at his chest. While the blow hit home, dwarven chain mail and resilience made the strike one of little consequence.

Ree, holding his ground for the moment, watched the white mage across from him cast another spell. While he couldn't see its effect, the now completely maddened brute of a man was once again released from Saen's spell. He hefted his halberd high, let forth a battle cry, and set his eyes on Larak.

<span style="font-size:xx-small;">(Ratch is healed 21HP, and Larak takes 14 damage. The new hexboard is Jak Snide&nbsp; Image at: 6/13/04 2:27 pm
[/i]

Dark Xia
 

Re: Having no directly offensive spells is fun, but challeng

Unread postby Dark Xia » Sun Jun 13, 2004 6:11 pm

Saen, in the midst of all this racket was now off in subconscious-thought land.


Where am I?

She couldn't move a muscle, she was bound, spread out, hung... yes she could feel gravity pulling her towards the ground, but she was in chains.

Not funny...

A door opened and light illuminated a small portion of the stone room she was in. A dark figure stood against the light, shadowed by it.

D-damn.. we were caught... he's going to....

She sweared, openly or silently she wasn't sure, all she knew is that she was looking at a pair of grinning white teeth.

(Yes, I am sad that Saen's knocked out and doing something for her cuz I'm bored... yes her mind is conjuring up a dream rather quickly. She hasn't gotten any sleep yet and it's night.)

Edited by: Dark Xia at: 6/14/04 2:53 pm

JoshuaDurron
 

Re: Ratch is being far too badass for his own good.

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Mon Jun 14, 2004 10:53 am

Well, this is very inconvenient...

As the thought ran through his head, Ree began moving quickly across the battlefield, his focus on the white mage. He wasn't a badass fighter, but he should be able to handle a mage... he hoped.

He hefted his quarterstaff and prepared to deal with that white mage...

(Moving into position, and slashing at the white mage if possible.)


FlamingDeth
Moderator
 
Posts: 2128
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 1:54 am

blah blah blah

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Mon Jun 14, 2004 4:09 pm

Ratch unceremoniously shoved the corpse off of him and reached for his other gun. The Valthi had a feeling that he wouldn't be much use in his current position -- with his wounds, he doubted he'd be able to steady his guns well enough to hit the mages, and he obviously couldn't hit anyone on the other side of the wagon.

As such, he pulled himself off the ground, and made an attempt to climb on top of the wagon. Higher ground never hurt a gunman, and from there he would have a much better view.


User avatar
Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!
 
Posts: 3604
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 2:02 am
Location: New Zealand

Re: Having no directly offensive spells is fun, but challeng

Unread postby Kelne » Mon Jun 14, 2004 6:52 pm

"Well, ye had yer chance," Larak said calmly, slashing at the elf's legs. He then raised his voice to a shout, "Hoi, lads, finish the mages and then lend a hand, would ye?"

He didn't have much doubt that his allies had things in hand on the other hand of the wagon. It was always possible that he was horribly mistaken, but he didn't think so. Not knowing his companions, at any rate.


User avatar
Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.
 
Posts: 7996
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2002 6:13 pm

Re: Having no directly offensive spells is fun, but challeng

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Wed Jun 16, 2004 3:25 pm

Continuing his work on patching up Ratch, Carlton repeated the process he used for his spell before, while praying for the soul of the man Ratch had just killed in his mind.

(Cure on Ratch. Again :D)


Blaze Yamato Spirit
 

Re: Ratch is being far too badass for his own good.

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Sat Jun 19, 2004 1:55 pm

Having set the bandit's head aflame, Valia considered it her duty to ensure that it didn't result in a conflagration, and to this end she cast yet another spell.

[Create Water to put out that fire]


User avatar
Jak Snide
 
Posts: 5457
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 7:14 am
Location: London

Re: blah blah blah

Unread postby Jak Snide » Sat Jun 19, 2004 6:10 pm

As Ree moved toward the white mage Ratch tried to clamber on top of the caravan, but found himself incapable of doing so. His leg was giving him alot of trouble, and he simply didn't have the strength to pull himself up. Valia, however, succeeded in dousing the burning head in water. As did Carlton, who healed the crippled gunman up a little more. His leg was feeling better now, well enough to move around without problems.

On the other side of the wagon the elven lady came in with a quick thrust, only to have Larak smash her weapon aside, tearing it out of her grip. Before she knew it his weapon was embedded in her leg, cutting into the bone itself, and resulting in her collapsing to the ground. However, he didn't have time to retrieve his weapon, as the large bandit bull rushed him, plunging his halberd into the unfortunate dwarf. His armor couldn't save him from such a brutal attack, and he went down, the taste blood on his tongue and his world going black.

Too Boreas' annoyance, the white mage spotted his advance and moved away, toward the combat on the other side of the caravan.

<span style="font-size:xx-small;">(Elf goes down, conscious and alive, but with a crippled right leg as well now. Larak is critically hit for a mighty 78 damage, dropping him to 0 HP. Ratch is healed for 17. Jak Snide&nbsp; Image at: 8/3/04 7:34 pm
[/i]

Dark Xia
 

Re: Having no directly offensive spells is fun, but challeng

Unread postby Dark Xia » Sat Jun 19, 2004 8:02 pm

As the party was murdered, Saen continued to dream unhappy dreams.

Oh please... no... god... no... stop!

The shadowed man had reached down, ad picked up some instrument from the ground.

"Whining already? Squirming? Oh... you'll feel pain... you'll feel so much pain."

Saen could only stare in horror as the tool was raised up in his hands.


JoshuaDurron
 

Re: Having no directly offensive spells is fun, but challeng

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Mon Jun 21, 2004 1:25 pm

Ree simply continued trying to close with the white mage, hoping that the rest of the party would notice that the black mage hadn't been doing much, and help out those on the other side of the wagon.


Blaze Yamato Spirit
 

Re: Ratch is being far too badass for his own good.

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Fri Jun 25, 2004 8:46 am

Valia, after dousing the fire, looked up and tried to determine whether the black mage was close to becoming untangled yet. The spell could waer off any second now, after all.

[Delayed action, unless that counts as an action. Either way its what she does!]


FlamingDeth
Moderator
 
Posts: 2128
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 1:54 am

Re: blah blah blah

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Tue Aug 03, 2004 7:45 pm

A smirk crossed the gunman's face. If he had known their own group was going to be this disorganized, he might have put a bit more thought into his initial actions.

Hearing the commotion on the other side of the wagon, he could only conclude that Larak was getting soundly trounced. This brought up a question of priorities...he should by all accounts go and help on the other side, but that black mage was just sitting there, taunting him...

The Valthi eventually settled on the mage. He stepped over the disfigured corpse of the first raider, and trying to settle his aim as best he could, opened fire with both guns.

(Target: Blackmage. Nothing fancy, just trying to cause death.)


Previous

Return to Gaera Main RPs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron

Yalogank