Under the Night Sky (Closed Freestyle RP)

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
User avatar
KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?
 
Posts: 2656
Joined: Tue May 07, 2002 7:21 pm
Location: Calgary

Re: Sorry. Been away.

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Wed May 19, 2004 9:58 pm

<span style="font-family:century gothic; color:maroon;">"Well, if she's not, we'd better keep going..." Finn said as he started down the path again.

"Are you coming?"</span>


User avatar
NebulaQueen
Moderator
 
Posts: 2557
Joined: Fri May 31, 2002 6:38 pm

I am a sheep. ._.

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Wed May 19, 2004 10:32 pm

"I'm coming, I'm coming," said Mina, as she followed after.


JoshuaDurron
 

No sheep emoticon

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Wed May 19, 2004 11:52 pm

"Yes, yes. I'm coming." Kaname hurried to catch up with the ever-impatient dwarf, keeping her eyes and senses peeled, of course.


Uncle Pervy
 

<---is Gus

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Thu May 20, 2004 3:32 am

Jifael follows along, withdrawing a hand he was warming from his robe pockets. "I do hope Brother Andrew will be alright on his own," he says, glancing back toward the way that the older priest went.

The group continues its way, until they reach yet another branching path. One way splits off to the right, almost but not quite starting to double back the way they came. The other snakes a bit to the left. The light does not illuminate anything other than more corridor. A slight dripping noise can be heard down the left way, but its source seems to be out of sight.


User avatar
KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?
 
Posts: 2656
Joined: Tue May 07, 2002 7:21 pm
Location: Calgary

Re: <---is Gus

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Thu May 20, 2004 11:04 am

<span style="font-family:century gothic; color:maroon;">Without hesitation, Finn started down the left path, confidently.

"Here's the key, folks... don't think. 'Less you want to get caught up in choices again. Marissa may not have that time."</span>

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=kingofdoma>KingOfDoma</A] at: 5/20/04 11:05 am

JoshuaDurron
 

Re: <---is Gus

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Thu May 20, 2004 11:29 am

Kaname smirked, an expression thankfully hidden by her mask. "I'm not sure about not thinking... but at least we agree that this looks like the right direction."

She kept her place behind the dwarf, as she glanced around and wondered who had carved all these corridors...


User avatar
NebulaQueen
Moderator
 
Posts: 2557
Joined: Fri May 31, 2002 6:38 pm

Re: <---is Gus

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Sun May 23, 2004 4:44 pm

Mina sulked for a bit, annoyed that they didn't even ask her what she thought...after all, she was the one with the light...

However, light or no, the girl wasn't exactly keen on the idea of being left behind in the caverns. She quickly rushed after the dwarf and the woman, trying to keep pace with them.

"We should have at least looked at the other corridor..." she said. "We don't even know if Sister Marissa even went down here at all."


User avatar
KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?
 
Posts: 2656
Joined: Tue May 07, 2002 7:21 pm
Location: Calgary

Re: <---is Gus

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Sun May 23, 2004 4:51 pm

<span style="font-family:century gothic; color:maroon;">"You're thinking," Finn gently scolded. "Have you not heard what we've been saying? We simply have to go on instinct right now. I believe time is of the essence here...

"Do you disagree?"</span>


User avatar
NebulaQueen
Moderator
 
Posts: 2557
Joined: Fri May 31, 2002 6:38 pm

Re: <---is Gus

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Sun May 23, 2004 5:20 pm

Mina rolled her eyes, gritting her teeth against the patronization. "Being quick is one thing, being careless is another," she retorted. "Honestly, what 'instincts' told you that she was down here?"


User avatar
KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?
 
Posts: 2656
Joined: Tue May 07, 2002 7:21 pm
Location: Calgary

Re: <---is Gus

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Sun May 23, 2004 5:25 pm

<span style="font-family:century gothic; color:maroon;">"Dwarven instincts," Finn muttered...</span>


JoshuaDurron
 

Re: <---is Gus

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Sun May 23, 2004 11:59 pm

"Mina. Andy has gone to check the remaining corridors. We've followed every corridor but this one, we have to trust Andrew to be able to deal with what we haven't explored."


Uncle Pervy
 

Re: <---is Gus

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Tue May 25, 2004 7:07 pm

While Andy may be checking another corridor... the corridor that our heroes stalk down, and Jifael religiously keeps out of the argument, begins to arc slightly to the right. The dripping noise continues to sound regularly once every few seconds. And soon, it is join by...what sounds like humming.


User avatar
KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?
 
Posts: 2656
Joined: Tue May 07, 2002 7:21 pm
Location: Calgary

Re: <---is Gus

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Tue May 25, 2004 7:12 pm

<span style="font-family:century gothic; color:maroon;">Finn stops, and listens, putting his finger to his lips to tell the others to quiet themselves.

Is that a mortal's hum or something else? he wondered to himself...</span>


JoshuaDurron
 

Re: <---is Gus

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Tue May 25, 2004 11:30 pm

"Ever heard a sound like that, Brothers? Mina?"

Kaname rocked back on her heels, now fully on edge, disliking everything about this place more and more, from decor to atmosphere to company (or rather, how it was slowly shrinking.) The sooner I'm out of here, the better...


Uncle Pervy
 

Re: <---is Gus

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Wed May 26, 2004 2:29 pm

"Sounds rather like someone humming," Jifael whispers. "Wonder what he's up to?"

The humming did seem to originate from a man's through, given the tone of it. It also seemed to be ahead a ways.


User avatar
NebulaQueen
Moderator
 
Posts: 2557
Joined: Fri May 31, 2002 6:38 pm

Re: <---is Gus

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Wed May 26, 2004 2:39 pm

Mina shook her head, and whispered in response. "I have no idea who it is...do you think one of the brothers went down here?"


JoshuaDurron
 

Re: <---is Gus

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Wed May 26, 2004 5:52 pm

"Not unless it's Brother Andrew, which I doubt. He didn't strike me as the humming type."


User avatar
KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?
 
Posts: 2656
Joined: Tue May 07, 2002 7:21 pm
Location: Calgary

Re: <---is Gus

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Wed May 26, 2004 10:21 pm

<span style="font-family:century gothic; color:maroon;">"Whoever it is, let's go greet the fellow..." Finn said as his axe readied, and slowly approached the source of the hum...</span>


JoshuaDurron
 

Re: <---is Gus

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Thu May 27, 2004 10:21 am

Hmph. The most rash thing he could have done...

Kaname silently drew a shuriken, and stepped in behind Finn. Better not to be in the way of that ax if he decided to start swinging it.


User avatar
NebulaQueen
Moderator
 
Posts: 2557
Joined: Fri May 31, 2002 6:38 pm

Re: <---is Gus

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Thu May 27, 2004 6:37 pm

Mina stayed back, warily waiting for the results of this....after all, she'd only get in the way of her two compatriots. It wasn't like she was a particularly skilled fighter, and the skills that could do well in a battle...well, those required two hands.

Which wouldn't have been so bad, if it wasn't for the fact that one hand was already occupied with holding the sphere. While her skills could be useful, sudden darkness certainly was not. Plus, the lack of a viable container or some other device to hold the damnable sphere complicated things a bit.

So she chose the practical choice and stayed in the back, even if it might not appear to be the most courageous of options. If asked to do something else, she likely would (if it was a good idea, that is), but for now, she'll do nothing more.

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=nebulaqueen>NebulaQueen</A] at: 5/27/04 6:37 pm

Uncle Pervy
 

Rocks fall.

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Thu May 27, 2004 7:01 pm

Jifael decides it is wisest to guard the rear and the light source, just in case something happened. Certianly not because he was tempted to break and run if something went wrong...

Kaname and Finn, coming to the edge of the light, another light source, as the corridor widens to reveal what seems to be another chamber. Most curious about it is that it has it's own light source, from some embers that seem to be set in a brazier.

The humming stops, drawing their eyes to a small figure that seems to have been sitting beside the brazier. While the sphere's light cannot reach it, the embers illuminate the one who was humming well enough. He is the size of a child, with a spindly build and skinny arms. The light dances off of skin the color of the grayish rock that makes up the wall, while eyes flecked with agate regard the group. His hair, a dark gray like a stormcloud or a riverstone, is wild and unkempt. Despite his size, he seems to have the look of an older man about him.

His eyes focus on Finn. "See here!" he exclaims in an oddly thin voice, "Put that thing away before I get upset! Walking into a man's house without even announcing yourself, let aloned armed! You're the worst bandit I ever saw, honestly!"


User avatar
KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?
 
Posts: 2656
Joined: Tue May 07, 2002 7:21 pm
Location: Calgary

Re: Rocks fall.

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Thu May 27, 2004 7:54 pm

<span style="font-family:century gothic; color:maroon;">"Bandits? No, not I..." Finn assured, as he dropped his axe onto his toe.

I'll flip it into my hand if need be, he thought. "But you must admit, sir, this is not a traditional home... no doors, no signs, no anything. You can understand how one could mistake it..."</span>


Uncle Pervy
 

Chuck. Dice hate you

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Thu May 27, 2004 9:22 pm

"Why you little s-" says the odd figure.

This is moments before Finn finds that dropping one's axe is not a smart thing to do. Especially when aiming for something nice and important like a foot. More specifically, he succeeds in driving the tip through his boot leather and into his foot, leaving a rather lovely wound. Presuming he withdraws it, blood will begin discoloring the fine leather.

The little gray figure looks on in silence for a moment. "Well that was sporting"

(Critical fumbles are fun :D)


User avatar
KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?
 
Posts: 2656
Joined: Tue May 07, 2002 7:21 pm
Location: Calgary

*curses Vegas*

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Thu May 27, 2004 9:41 pm

<span style="font-family:century gothic; color:maroon;">As soon as the blade sunk into his foot, Finn went straight as a board. He gritted his teeth, reached down, and pulled the point from between his phalanges.

"Kind sir, would you happen to have a bandage?" he croaked as a single tear rolled down his cheek...</span>


JoshuaDurron
 

Re: Chuck. Dice hate you

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Thu May 27, 2004 9:45 pm

Kaname had quickly reholstered her shuriken as soon as she had decided that this person didn't look particularly hostile. Now, she sighed and pulled her last small roll of bandages from her bag. "A little more care with that, brother..."

She then turned and bowed to the small figure. "We do appologize for bothering you, although your taste in decor gave us little way to guess we were trespassing. We are looking for someone..."

Crap. Crapcrapcrapcrapcrap... PLEASE let him not be a necromancer...


User avatar
NebulaQueen
Moderator
 
Posts: 2557
Joined: Fri May 31, 2002 6:38 pm

Re: Chuck. Dice hate you

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Fri May 28, 2004 10:21 pm

Current events spurred Mina to quicken her pace, and lo, she hastily caught up with her companions. Still holding onto her sphere, she looked around at the situation at hand.

Upon hearing Kaname's response, she nodded in agreement. "That's right," she said. "Have you seen anyone else come by here?"

While waiting for a response, she notices Finn's...er, predicament. After seeing this, she walks over to Finn, and asks, "Can you hold this?" Smiling, she says, "I need both hands free if you want your foot healed up, after all."

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=nebulaqueen>NebulaQueen</A] at: 5/28/04 10:32 pm

User avatar
KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?
 
Posts: 2656
Joined: Tue May 07, 2002 7:21 pm
Location: Calgary

Re: Chuck. Dice hate you

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Fri May 28, 2004 11:10 pm

<span style="font-family:century gothic; color:maroon;">Nodding and smiling, Finn took the sphere, wordlessly.

I ... must be strong... he thought. Can't... show weakness... ... ow...</span>


User avatar
NebulaQueen
Moderator
 
Posts: 2557
Joined: Fri May 31, 2002 6:38 pm

Re: Chuck. Dice hate you

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Fri May 28, 2004 11:13 pm

With the business of the light taken care of, Mina lifts her omnipresent fiddle, and adjusts it against her shoulder to be used. Raising the bow to the string, she begins to play a peaceful, yet happy sounding melody, almost like a children's lullaby.

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=nebulaqueen>NebulaQueen</A] at: 5/28/04 11:15 pm

Uncle Pervy
 

Re: Chuck. Dice hate you

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Fri May 28, 2004 11:26 pm

"Right then," says the gray figure. "That one knows a proper way to come in."

The song quickly takes effect on Finn, as the wound on his foot seals. His boot is still ruined and discolored, though.

The gray man is quiet now, looking at the group expectantly. Jifael seems more than happy to let the rest handle this, for now.


User avatar
KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?
 
Posts: 2656
Joined: Tue May 07, 2002 7:21 pm
Location: Calgary

Re: Chuck. Dice hate you

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Mon May 31, 2004 11:54 pm

<span style="font-family:century gothic; color:maroon;">"... well that was... unpleasant..." said Finn, still a little stiff. "But, to business...

"My friend, forgive the intrusion, but as my ally mentioned, we are looking for someone. Have you seen a woman who..."

Finn went into a description of Marissa, and let the question stand...</span>


JoshuaDurron
 

Re: Chuck. Dice hate you

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Tue Jun 01, 2004 12:36 am

Kaname surpressed a wince. That dwarf will kill himself, and us all, by either blunder or just plain lack of tact...

"Really, if you have seen her, it would help us get out of your home a little faster..."


Uncle Pervy
 

Re: Chuck. Dice hate you

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Thu Jun 03, 2004 2:50 pm

"You know you people all look alike, right?" The short man says. "But anyhow, I've not seen anyone looking like that. She a thief or something? Thieves don't do too well abouts here."

He then eyes the group. "How'd you lot get down here, anyways?"


User avatar
NebulaQueen
Moderator
 
Posts: 2557
Joined: Fri May 31, 2002 6:38 pm

Mmn, bacon

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Thu Jun 03, 2004 3:43 pm

Mina shook her head quickly when she heard the accusation, and soon responded in turn. "No, no, she isn't a thief at all," she spat out. "She's just a friend of ours who got lost, that's all."


Uncle Pervy
 

Re: Mmn, bacon

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Thu Jun 03, 2004 3:46 pm

"Right, right," says the small man, not sounding all that convinced. "Still waiting to know how you lot got down here. Not seen a hoot-man in ages, I haven't."


JoshuaDurron
 

Re: Mmn, bacon

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Fri Jun 04, 2004 10:42 am

Hoot-man? All look alike? He can't tell a human from a dwarf?

Feeling more than a little insulted, Kaname stifled a huff, and did her best to talk evenly. Of course, she failed. "Oh, well, we meant to just spend the night stargazing, but a friend of ours staggered into some old catacombs and, rather than listen to a sermon in a musty old chapel, we agreed to go look for her. Along the way, we've found statues, wall carvings, histories, plants that cause rashes, rivers, chasams, and pretty much everything but what we came looking for. Quite frankly, I find it difficult that Balance can allow this much furstration to befall one person, so please, in the name of Kalyca, would you just tell us if you've seen another human being down here in the last few hours, so we can be on our way..." She had stared in a manner that was something like an impassioned rant, but she ended more in a manner of plaintive suplication.


Uncle Pervy
 

Re: Mmn, bacon

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Fri Jun 04, 2004 1:45 pm

"Oh! Was I sayin' it wrong? Sorry about that. Like I said, I haven't seen a...what was it, hunam? Anyhow, not seen one in these tunnels for ages. Not even from that gate. I thought all you hunams had left the place, bricked it off and all. Not that I mind you about, s'long as you're not flingin' weapons about like some bloody brigand."

He hops off the rock he was sitting on, and walks toward the shadowed corner of the chamber. "I oughta offer you lot smething, right? What do hunams eat? Been awhile, aye? Was it dirt you lot were poisoned by?"


User avatar
KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?
 
Posts: 2656
Joined: Tue May 07, 2002 7:21 pm
Location: Calgary

Re: Mmn, bacon

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Sat Jun 05, 2004 2:03 am

<span style="font-family:century gothic; color:maroon;">Not being a "hunam", Finn felt he wasn't qualified to speak to what they ate. So, he sat back and let his comrades speak for him.

And if it turned out that a dwarf could eat what a "hunam" could, well, so much the better...</span>


User avatar
NebulaQueen
Moderator
 
Posts: 2557
Joined: Fri May 31, 2002 6:38 pm

Re: Mmn, bacon

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Sun Jun 06, 2004 1:20 am

"No thanks," Mina said, "we'll be fine without any food." Pondering for a bit, she asked, "Tell me...are there any others like you down here?"


Uncle Pervy
 

Re: Mmn, bacon

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Sun Jun 06, 2004 1:25 am

"Oh, there used to be othre huldrefolk about," comes the voice in the darkness. From the sounds of things, he seems to be rummaging through some things. "Not many, mind you. Most of us don't take to this plane very well. Not that we came on our own. Some hoot- sorry, hunams wanted my pappy to do some work for them. Insistant sorts, summoners. I grew right fond of it here, I have."


User avatar
KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?
 
Posts: 2656
Joined: Tue May 07, 2002 7:21 pm
Location: Calgary

Chicken is healthier

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Sun Jun 06, 2004 11:43 pm

<span style="font-family:century gothic; color:maroon;">"Work? You mean mine?" Finn inquired.</span>


PreviousNext

Return to Gaera Main RPs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest

cron

Yalogank