Under the Night Sky (Closed Freestyle RP)

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
Uncle Pervy

Re: <_< >_> Going on vacation, NPC time!

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Wed Mar 24, 2004 3:50 pm

(I'll be NPCing Kaname until Lorr gets back)

Kaname pressed down the stones lightly. As she pushed I6, it gently lit up with soft reddish glow. She could feel no heat from it, nor anything else. The next two reacted much the same way, adding some light to the otherwise darkened chamber.

However, when she touched G1, instead of lighting up, a sudden shock races through her arm. "Ack!" she cries, jerking her hand back. Checking it, she can see no burns or anything, though a mild pain still lingers in her system.

"That was eduational," she grumbles, as she seems to ponder the situation once more.

Choark

Bloody puzzles!

Unread postby Choark » Wed Mar 24, 2004 4:17 pm

Andy, from his sitting position, couldn't make out everything Kaname did but the loud "Ack" told him of her success. He scratched his head and had a quick thought or two.

Deciding to stand again, the old man was never really one for waiting and most people around the cathedral could back this up, this time he came down to the stones, carefully making sure not to trip any of them off.

The only sound he made was a small hmmm from the back of his throat.

"Can't make out what you were trying to do here..." He couldn't see it, from where he saw her stand, how she was trying to make the scorpion. "Not at all."

No, he had tried to follow her movements from where he sat so he could make out what she had seen there but even now he couldn't see them. Less so. More then a little annoyed at this he stomped his foot up and down on the tile, cursing at it with all he could muster. When he had finished he caught his breath and sneezed.

"I don't suppose you can show me where these blasted constellations are? Anyone?" He said, his voice still ringing from his annoyance.

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

:(octopus)

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Thu Mar 25, 2004 12:40 am

<span style="font-family:century gothic; color:maroon;">"I hate to say this..." Finn grumbled. "But are there any more writings about?"</span>

NebulaQueen

Re: :(octopus)

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Thu Mar 25, 2004 10:47 pm

Mina looked at the stones, and tried to figure out any connections she saw. After a few moments of calculation and thought, she pointed towards the right side of the room.

"Actually, Kaname," she began, "I think the font is over there." If one were to look, it seemed that her hand was in the general direction of K10. "It's tilted on its side, see?"

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Sun Mar 28, 2004 1:27 am

Kaname tilted her head and stared at the stars for a moment. "True," she grumbled after a moments thought, "But wouldn't that put the red stone in the same location as the one I touched a moment ago? And why would they tilt the constellation anyways? It doesn't make much sense in my opinion..." Her voice trailed off into further thought.

NebulaQueen

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Sun Mar 28, 2004 10:41 pm

"Maybe that stone-you know, the one that shot out that lightning-wasn't a part of the constellations at all? What did you think it was a part of?"

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=nebulaqueen>NebulaQueen</A] at: 3/28/04 10:42 pm

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Mon Mar 29, 2004 12:21 am

"I thought it was part of the Font. And as I look at it, I can see what you're thinking of." Kaname crouched down by the stone that had just shocked her, that being K7. "But this stone is part of the Font however I look at it. What is it you're seeing that I'm not?"

Justice Augustus
Administrator

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Tue Mar 30, 2004 4:47 am

Fortunately Jifael did have a knowledge of basic astronomical patterns, so he could recognise two shapes before him, yet the Hourglass, the Victor, and the Lord were all too elusive for his partially trained eyes.

"I'm struggling a little here...but it seems to me that the scorpion's tail is here." Jifael pointed to F4. "These two are the body," F5 and G5, "and the claws are here," I4, "and here" I6. "As for the font, I think this is it," Jifael traced a line going H7, I8, J8, K7. "However the others seem to have escaped me, can anyone else see the other three named?"

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Tue Mar 30, 2004 12:48 pm

"That," Kaname grumbled, "was what I thought. But what we've just learned seems to indicate that either this is NOT the Font," Kaname tapped tile K7 with her toe, "or I pressed the wrong stone in the constellation. And I did mention the locations of the other three earlier, could you please pay attention?"

I thought careful thinking was this guy's specialty...

NebulaQueen

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Tue Mar 30, 2004 10:13 pm

"Well, perhaps we could try the other font, then?" With that, Mina continued looking around the area of the font that she saw, trying to find other signs that would match up with it.

Justice Augustus
Administrator

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Tue Mar 30, 2004 10:16 pm

"But you seemed to miss two of the stars in the scorpion constellation. Why did you think that only certain stars should be pressed?"

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Tue Mar 30, 2004 10:19 pm

"If you wish to try your luck on the other stones, risk your own damn arm." Kaname rubbed her shocked limb absently. Although she knew they couldn't see it, the pain still made her all the more self conscious about it.

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Wed Mar 31, 2004 12:40 am

<span style="font-family:century gothic; color:maroon;">"Hmph. If you're to be so finicky about it, miss Kaname, allow me."

Finn stood, and walked onto the surface of "stars". "I'll be yer pointer, folks... now, tell me where to press."</span>

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Thu Apr 01, 2004 1:43 pm

"The next stone in the Scorpion is there." Kaname pointed towards I4.

Don't want to give him to much more to remember... we'll just see if the first one works.

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Thu Apr 01, 2004 10:02 pm

<span style="font-family:century gothic; color:maroon;">Finn nodded, and stomped on the corresponding tile to press it down. "C'mon, lass, I may not be a puzzleman, but I CAN remember more than one tile at a time..."</span>

Uncle Pervy

Hee hee hee.

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Fri Apr 02, 2004 3:17 am

Finn stepped down upon the yellow gem where Mina indictated. A yellow glow sheds softly from it as he lifts his foot.

JoshuaDurron

Re: Hee hee hee.

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Fri Apr 02, 2004 4:42 pm

I can think of no way this damn thing could work mechanically. Must be magical... DAMN. This gives me the creeps...

Kaname pointed out G5, F5, and F4. "Those should finish the constellation. Let's make sure we don't blow the cavern up before we go any farther than that."

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Sat Apr 03, 2004 12:40 pm

<span style="font-family:century gothic; color:maroon;">Finn hopped from tile to tile, carefully, completing the pattern. "There. Should that do it?"</span>

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Sat Apr 03, 2004 4:16 pm

The two red stones and one green stone glow as well, leaving a complete image of the constellation of the Scorpion glowing softly on the floor.

JoshuaDurron

Re: And it begins

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Sat Apr 03, 2004 10:13 pm

"It looks like you were right, Jifael. We do need to trigger the entire constellation. That should do it, Finn. Those four stones are next." Kaname pointed out H7, I8, J8, and K7.

As Finn hopped out that pattern, Kaname moved to A1, triggering A1, B2, C3, D2, D1, D5, D6, E6, B5, and B6, in that order, so as to create the shape of the Victor. She refrained from using her already shocked arm, opting, as Finn did, to step on the stones.

No point getting zapped again...

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Sun Apr 04, 2004 12:20 am

<span style="font-family:century gothic; color:maroon;">As Finn hopped from stone to stone, he chuckled to himself. "Heh. This reminds me of the dances we did back home. Ho hi! Hi ho! A pick to the rock and bag full of stone! Ho hi-i-oh! Work all day, and then go home!" he sang as he leapt from stone to stone. "Heheheheh... not had this kind of fun in years..."

Home... *sigh*</span>

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Sun Apr 04, 2004 1:26 am

And thus did the Constellations of The Victor and Ishtar's Font begin to glow softly as well.

Choark

Show ya I'm still in the game - just side lining right now

Unread postby Choark » Sun Apr 04, 2004 4:45 am

By this time Andy had vented, and gone back to sitting down. He watched the others light up the grid and nodded as he rested his bones. Bringing the others had been a good idea and worked out for the best.

JoshuaDurron

Re: Show ya I'm still in the game - just side lining right n

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Mon Apr 05, 2004 1:09 am

Kaname nodded to herself and trotted over to H8, and pressed that tile. Then she walked up to H4 and I4, pressing both of them. Finally, she pressed G1 and K1. Then she looked at Finn.

"Those five, if you please." She stated matter-of-factly, indicating E11, E13, F12, G11, and G13. "Everyone else keep on your toes. This may just open the door. It may do something else entirely."

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Mon Apr 05, 2004 1:34 am

As Kaname presses stone in the first tile, a voice begins to resound through room. It is masculine and sounds rather strong, clearly the voice of a leader or someone who expect his commands to be heeded.

Sadly, no one, not even Mina, who currently holds the Symbol, cannot understand a word it is saying.

The tile stays unlit.

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Mon Apr 05, 2004 9:00 pm

<span style="font-family:century gothic; color:maroon;">As Finn began pressing in the tiles, hopping, he was slightly distracted by the voice. "Eh?" he vacantly wondered as the last tile was pressed. "Where's that voice comin' from?"

I surely hope that's not in my head, he worried...</span>

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Mon Apr 05, 2004 9:05 pm

As Finn did his footwork, the constellation of the Hourglass of the Heavens began to shine upon the floor.

Now four Constellations were shining upon the floor. Only the Lord of Dragons remains hidden among the other stones on the floor.

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Mon Apr 05, 2004 11:52 pm

Kaname frowned at the floor, and the voice she had just heard. "Well, at least there wasn't any zapping involved. Anyone see what I missed? Or was he just making a pass at me?"

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Tue Apr 06, 2004 12:45 am

<span style="font-family:century gothic; color:maroon;">"... wait... I think I get this now... " wondered Finn. "We're missing the Lord of Dragons, correct?" Finn pointed to I6, L6, J9, K9, and J11. "Is that not it over there?"</span>

Choark

Whee booming voices

Unread postby Choark » Tue Apr 06, 2004 3:44 am

"This is a holy place young one" Andy said clearer then normal, loud and with an edge to his voice. "I doubt any body here will make a 'pass' at you."

----------

<span style="font-size:xx-small;">OOC: Sorry for the sub par posts as of late - uni work + stress + a few other things been eating away at me. I'll be back to the norm soon. I hope.</span>

JoshuaDurron

Re: Whee booming voices

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Tue Apr 06, 2004 10:07 am

Ah, but holyness must be balanced with irreverence...

Keeping her thoughts to herself, Kaname investigated the pattern Finn had pointed out. "It could be... although it looks slightly out of proportion... Too thin, as it were. You're free to try if you want..."

Justice Augustus
Administrator

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Tue Apr 06, 2004 4:45 pm

Jifael had been trying to look as if he had been studying the puzzel, all the time appraising the worth of each gem. Finding that the risk of a trap far outweighed the possible fiscal gain he instead took a few cautious steps away from both the grid and the door, hoping to avoid any possible...unpleasantness.

NebulaQueen

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Tue Apr 06, 2004 11:49 pm

"Maybe the voice is more instructions," Mina said, quietly. Sure, there were some doubts, such as it being a warning of horrible death, but that's beside the point...

"Either way, Kaname has the right of it. We're doing something, at least."

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Thu Apr 08, 2004 10:53 am

<span style="font-family:century gothic; color:maroon;">Bah, that's the one, Finn assured himself. He cautiously, though, walked over to the square represented by J11, and pressed it down gently...</span>

Uncle Pervy

And robots! Dancing Robots!

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Thu Apr 08, 2004 2:37 pm

The bluish stone begins to glow softly under Finn's foot. Perhaps Jifael's caution, however wise, was unneeded?

Those paying attention may have noticed they are not short one member. It seems that the curious four-armed traveller is gone. Jifael, however, would have noted that he simply walked back the way they came, going into the darkness regardless of the danger or the wisdom of the act.

(OOC: Due to posting for...what? A month now?, Mech is officially removed from the RP. That is all. Assuming Mech ever sees this, he may contact me to learn Nieb's fate.)

JoshuaDurron

Re: And robots! Dancing Robots!

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Thu Apr 08, 2004 4:07 pm

Kaname shook her head. "The voice must have been our second warning for screwing up. Good eyes, Finn. Again, on your toes people..."

But why did the Hourglass light up when it was done out of order? Where the heck are we? And just why should I care?

Cutting the interior narration short, she turned back to more pressing matters. Like staying alive if Finn's completed constellation did something quirky. Like summoning hellspawn.

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Thu Apr 08, 2004 9:39 pm

<span style="font-family:century gothic; color:maroon;">"Thank ye, m'dear," Finn replied as his feet hopped to press in the other four stones. "Per'aps I'm not as bad at this 'puzzle' thing as I thought..."</span>

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Fri Apr 09, 2004 2:18 am

Now, five constellations glow in the darkness. Then, their glow fades as the sound of grinding stone can be heard at the far side of the room.

Choark

Unread postby Choark » Fri Apr 09, 2004 4:53 am

Andy smiled, he was quite porud of these young pups right now. He hadn't mentioned any doubts he felt when the voice sounded out, he was a man who believe orders were normally said for a reason. He hoped whatever lay beyond the door wasn't sealed in there as he began to guess. Better hope its just a very important room.

"Well done!" He said. "Course it could of be done quicker and without the booming voice but all ends that ends well. Now shall we see if that door has opened? We might have to pic up the pace after this stop." And he sneezed again.

"Ah, I'm looking forward to some hot tea at the end of this day."

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Fri Apr 09, 2004 8:40 pm

"I agree with that, Brother Anderew." Kaname left which part she agreed with, speed, or wanting the day to be over, unstated, and, as the one with the light, headed towards the door that had presumably opened, trusting the others to follow.

PreviousNext

Return to Gaera Main RPs