Under the Night Sky (Closed Freestyle RP)

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
NebulaQueen

Re: Old man talk.

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Mon Mar 15, 2004 11:54 pm

"Hey!" Mina shouted, towards the dwarf. "Wait for the light, instead of going off by yourself!"

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Tue Mar 16, 2004 12:10 am

<span style="font-family:century gothic; color:maroon;">"I won't, if you follow!" was his gruff reply...</span>

Mechanisto

Unread postby Mechanisto » Tue Mar 16, 2004 3:01 am

The four armed, white-clad boy waved again at Kaname, this time a bit more emphatically. "Octåna! Udô nozû?"

He seemed to gesture her closer to the wall he was in front of; near the corner of the perpendicular hall they faced.

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Tue Mar 16, 2004 10:12 am

Either he's a rock enthusiast, or he's trying to sucker me into turning my back...

Kaname grumbled under her breath as she stepped over to Nieb and asked, despite the language barrier, "What?"

She examined the wall from where she stood, hoping to get some insight, but no way was she kneeling down for a closer look. Not with psycho arms so near by...

Mechanisto

Unread postby Mechanisto » Tue Mar 16, 2004 12:12 pm

If he had any desire to pick a fight, he was hiding it well. Nieb Gave the wall a quick once-over, looking for any of the markings and reliefs they'd seen earlier. He then looked down the hallway that split off from their current path, looking there as well.

*Such carvings are always a story. Perhaps if we know which way the story continues in...? There must be some way to find... whatever it is we're looking for.*

NebulaQueen

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Wed Mar 17, 2004 5:34 pm

Mina resists the urge to mutter under her breath about the dwarf, before turning to Kaname. "Sister," she said, "shouldn't we be moving along, now?"

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Wed Mar 17, 2004 7:20 pm

Kaname nodded slowly in response to Mina. "Yes, I agree, if you can convince your bodyguard to come as well."

NebulaQueen

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Wed Mar 17, 2004 10:01 pm

Mina nods, and turns to Nieb. She touches one of his arms gently, just enough to get his attention (with her hand still gloved, mind you.)

"This way," she said, in a friendly manner, while gesturing towards the path Finn took. Hopefully body language will get the point across where spoken words fail...

Mechanisto

Unread postby Mechanisto » Thu Mar 18, 2004 5:44 am

Nieb glanced at Mina, and nodded softly in response. He stood closer to the group. *they probably know exactly where to go... no sense in delaying them further.*

NebulaQueen

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Thu Mar 18, 2004 5:18 pm

Mina turns and smiles at Kaname, before beginning to make her way down towards where Finn is. "Come along, now."

Uncle Pervy

Fun time now :D

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Thu Mar 18, 2004 10:08 pm

And thus does the group continue onward, lead by Finn. Unless someone decides that staying behind is wise, then that soul is left alone and in total darkness.

The tunnel continues to lead forward, past walls that are smooth and bare. Soon, they see a chamber ahead.

Those who dare enter notice many things. Much of the floor is set in a grid pattern. Within each grid, there is a stone of red, yellow, green, blue, or blue-white hue. Those in the know would note these are not precious. Some quick multiplication of the grid would reveal there to be one hundred and sixty eight squares and stone in all. Each square is about a foot and a half to a side.

The walls are all polished smoothly, as is the ceiling. A sharp eye would note a square of silvery metal set in the wall, with some script upon it. Jifael's sharp eye would note this metal happens to be platnium.

Across the room, at the edge of the light, there is a stone door, standing closed.

(I will put up a picture once you folks search down a few details :D)

NebulaQueen

Re: Fun time now :D

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Thu Mar 18, 2004 10:24 pm

Curious, Mina gives another look at the floor, wondering if there's a pattern of some sort to it.

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Thu Mar 18, 2004 10:42 pm

Aside from seeing that the squares were laid out in a perfect rectangle, she could discern no pattern.

However, she did note that the colors of the stones seemed to match the various colors stars are known the have.

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Fri Mar 19, 2004 2:43 am

Kaname looked over the grid and began to make the natural speculations. Based on her rudimentary knowledge of astronomy, were any major constelations or portions of the night sky replicated?

Choark

Unread postby Choark » Fri Mar 19, 2004 7:20 am

While the others looked around the area catching in all the details, Andy decided to look for any more clues of anyone passing through here, at least for as far as he could see anyway.

Then Andy sneezed. Bugger, he had a cold now. Moronic cold temples.

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Fri Mar 19, 2004 4:08 pm

Andrew's steely eyes rover over the room, and setting on something interesting. One of the red stones seems to have a tiny bit of fresh mud upon it. This sticks out to him, as the chamber itself is rather clean and dry.

Kaname can the layout of the stones in the grid don't seem to be based upon the actual sky. But, theoretically, there could be any number of constellation designs hidden among all that.

Mechanisto

Unread postby Mechanisto » Fri Mar 19, 2004 4:10 pm

Nieb stayed close to mina. He put a concerned hand on her shoulder as she approached the grid, but did not stop her.

His eyes examined any possible pattern in the floor tiles, as well as any features that might be on the celing. *what a strange temple... I'd almost give anything to be in the hall of idols right now. Creepy... staring... idols....*

He shivered just a bit.

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Fri Mar 19, 2004 5:53 pm

The grid is arranged in a twelve by fourteen rectangle, Nieb notes, taking up much of the floor. Aside from that, there seems to be no real pattern.

Kaname, the one currently holding the symbol, notes that the plaque seems to be readable.

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Fri Mar 19, 2004 8:32 pm

<span style="font-family:century gothic; color:maroon;">Finn looked about for a rock to cast onto the pattern of color, to check for a trap.

Better a rock than a foot, I say...</span>

Uncle Pervy

You people are getting good rolls :O

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Fri Mar 19, 2004 9:45 pm

Finn found a perfect rock, and a few others like it.

Tossing it, it landed within the grid with no apparent unusual effect. It just sat there as rocks tend to do.

Choark

*rolls a 3*

Unread postby Choark » Sat Mar 20, 2004 11:46 am

"Ah, well, seems someone has passed through here." And because this place had an odd ring to its air he added "Or at least stepped in here."

He finally took in the sights and nodded. Old hidden temples with oddly designed rooms, oh dear oh dear oh dear. He just knew the sister was now running around the temple trying to get through every room she came across with no thought what-so-ever as to the people worrying about her or what this temple may hide. When he finds her she's going to have more then a few words thrown at her. Stupid young people, find an old temple and you can't stop them from running into every room with a hidden trap.

Being more then a little cautious of his surroundings, Andy looked to other red tiles for signs that someone passed over them and to see if any other colour tile was touched. It was just an old man being paranoid he told himself, but it never hurt to check these sort of strange things.

Uncle Pervy

Re: *rolls a 3*

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Sun Mar 21, 2004 2:38 am

Andrew isn't able to tell if the others have been touched or not.

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Sun Mar 21, 2004 6:54 pm

<span style="font-family:century gothic; color:maroon;">Finn picked up a few of the other rocks from the ground. Hmmm... nice specimens... he thought to himself. But the one I threw was nice too... better go get it.

With that, Finn took a slightly cautious step onto the colored floor to retrieve his stone...</span>

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Sun Mar 21, 2004 7:08 pm

Finn steps on one of the tiles, neatly avoiding the the stone set in it. Much to his delight, the tile seems content to not eradicate his foot.

Finn gets his stole back easily, and is now in the middle of the grid a few tiles into the gird, standing by a yellow stone.

(OOC: A shiny new donkey to the one who pokes Lorr and SS to post)

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Mon Mar 22, 2004 1:24 am

<span style="font-family:century gothic; color:maroon;">"Huh. Floor's not trapped," Finn said aloud. "Would someone read that plaque as I test the door?"

As much as I hate to ... ugh... read something... it may be necessary to open that door... but, if good old strength is the key, then that's what this is for... With that, Finn readied his axe, and prepared to examine the material the door was made of...</span>

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Mon Mar 22, 2004 1:50 am

Finn saw, from where he was, that the door was solid stone.

Uncle Pervy

And it begins

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Mon Mar 22, 2004 4:43 pm

And thus Kaname read...

"The Scorpion drinks of Ishtar's Font, as the Victor and the Lord of Dragons clash over the Hourglass of the Heavens"

And at the very bottom, in small print, "Please do not remove."

The message, however, strikes a chord with everyone who can understand it. Within it are named five constellations. However, they are also not close to each other in the actual night sky, nor are they related in any story.

(OOC: Uncle Pervy&nbsp; Image at: 3/22/04 4:44 pm
[/i]

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Mon Mar 22, 2004 5:17 pm

Kaname shook herself out of a brief reverie. She had become over occupied with staring at the floor and seeing various constellatoins fly through her mind. But what Finn had said jolted her back to reality. She turned to the plaque and read it aloud, to save trouble later.

JoshuaDurron

Re: And it begins

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Mon Mar 22, 2004 5:57 pm

Kaname frowned. "Seems like this has something to do with the grid in front of us. Mina, would you mind holding this for me, for just a moment?" She extended the translating seal to the small girl. "I want to have my hands free."

Kaname sauntered out to where the muddy stone was. It seemed likely that something had been done just out there. She crouched down to examine the floor, looking for signs that something had been disturbed. While the meaning of the riddle seemed fairly obvious, it was always nice to have a place to start a search, and it might be possible to bypass it all together.

(OOC: If Kaname finds anything, I'd appricate having the muddy stone marked on the grid, as well as whatever else she finds.)

NebulaQueen

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Mon Mar 22, 2004 6:29 pm

Mina nods, as she takes the translator. "Of course."

Curious, she looks around some more, seeing if she can pick up any other scraps of text.

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Mon Mar 22, 2004 6:39 pm

Andrew would note the mud-mark is on tile I6. Of course, he wouldn't think of it in such terms.

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Mon Mar 22, 2004 11:53 pm

Kaname walked out to the muddy tile and tapped it with one hand. "This... I think is the lower 'claw' of the Scorpion." She pointed a few tiles up at I4, "There's the upper one. It looks like it's been superimposed on the Lord of Dragons. The Victor looks like it starts over in the upper left hand corner," refering, of course, to A1. "As the riddle suggested, the Font is right here." She tapped a tile just down and to the left, H7. "The Hourglass is suitably removed." She stood and gestured towards F12, where the center of the constellation lay.

"Of course I could be wrong about all this, but I doubt it. Someone thought this tile was important enough to stand here a while. My question is... what the hell does it all mean?" She glanced around at her fellow explorers. Hopefully you all see what I'm saying...

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Tue Mar 23, 2004 12:58 am

<span style="font-family:century gothic; color:maroon;">Finn grumbled. "I admit. I am not clever enough to figure this out. The riddle is too vague! What's it supposed to mean? Are we to break a tile? Remove it? Put the plaque on it and dance a jig? Bah... you smarties figure it out. I'll study the door for weaknesses..."

Finn turned and began to examine the door, seeing if he ... sigh. He knew he wouldn't find it. He simply leaned on it and watched the others...</span>

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Tue Mar 23, 2004 2:11 am

Kaname's examination of the tiles reveals that the stones don't see to be a part of the tiles themselves. It seems they can be pushed down.

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Tue Mar 23, 2004 2:17 am

"To answer your question, Finn, it seems these stones here in the tiles can be pressed, like buttons."

Choark

I swant a "PUSH sONLY SWITCH HERE" spuzzle ={

Unread postby Choark » Tue Mar 23, 2004 6:28 am

Brother Andy looked at Kaname then the floor. He wanted to tell her she was a daft young missy with an imagination the size of a dragon, a phrase filled with a little irony there, and she should get her head grounded in reality. Except there was defiantly something to what she said. If nothing else experience agreed with her.

"You quit..." He grumbled under his breath, "but they always drag you back in."

"Well, from a old mans perpective this is a bloody nuisance" Andy said out loud as he looked around to try and see the shapes Kaname could see, however his eyes just couldn't pick them out like she could. "Making an old man doing some daft tile jumping and poking. You see!? This is why the old temples are left to ruin, too much making decent folk prancing about before you get anywhere important. I wouldn't stand for this sort of thing myself. Stupid bastards. I bet the daft sods make it so you need two people to get in the 'Jon' somehow."

Despite his ranting he was thinking. Andrew didn't like thinking too much at all, he had better things to do with his time.

"Well then .. Lets see.." He stroked the top of his head as he quote "The Scorpion drinks of Ishtar's Font, as the Victor and the Lord of Dragons clash over the Hourglass of the Heavens... Well its obvious isn't it!?"

Despite him saying this the answer didn't really seem that obvious. A quick sneeze and a curse to the cold floors later brother Andy continued.

"You young Miss, mentioned all the pretty star constellations are found on this tile set" Though I can't see them at all he added to himself. "And we can push these stone things down right? Well as a old experienced wise know it all and known more then your memories hold man, what that means to me is you make the constellations up in the order the poem said 'em. Easy as that and we'll be on our way."

Andy nodded to himself. Yeah, that sounded right and the worst that could happen to getting it wrong was what? "Better not be bugs." He grumbled out loud again.

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Re: I swant a "PUSH sONLY SWITCH HERE" spuzzle ={

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Tue Mar 23, 2004 9:04 pm

<span style="font-family:century gothic; color:maroon;">Finn thought a moment. "Do ye think there's a sequence they'll desire? Because if so, we may wish to consider that before proceeding..."</span>

JoshuaDurron

Re: I swant a "PUSH sONLY SWITCH HERE" spuzzle ={

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Tue Mar 23, 2004 9:26 pm

"Not just that. Which stone do we push in the formations? There's a lot of things to consider."

Choark

I still swant a "PUSH sONLY SWITCH HERE" spuzzle!

Unread postby Choark » Wed Mar 24, 2004 6:22 am

Brother Andy, being the old wise and thoughtful man he was was, slapped his forehead and mumbled something inaudible though kids and blasted may of be mentioned. He was sure they were making it harder then it could possibly be. With a quick sorting himself out he tried it again.

"The easiest order to consider is the order the constellations are mentioned in the poem," with that he motioned toward the poem he hadn't read himself, "always go for the easiest answer in this sort of thing. Few people are going to make it long and complicated if they have the answer above them. Its a showing off thing. My day you'd have a switch you needed to pull a pillar over or stick a spear in some statues jaw..." he rambled a little about the old days, though anyone with a young unbelieving mind would of noted temples technically never came from his day anyway. ".. always harder to get the girl out of those ones. Some tragic loses. Good spear though."

He blinked and was back on track. "And unless you see some writing somewhere that says 'Blue is the colour of life, white shines before the soul, green is the soul gem' or other such new age nonsense then we probably don't have to worry as long as we make the constellation."

"With all that said..." And now Andy went where they had come in and sat down in as comfortable position you could get. "... have fun. If you find a better way of doing it then by all means." And he gave his aching bones a short rest while the young ones played with there coloured stones and tiles.

JoshuaDurron

<_< >_> Going on vacation, NPC time!

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Wed Mar 24, 2004 10:49 am

"Sounds good enough to me." Kaname replied. "The sequence that is. The subject of ramming spears into mouths is somewhat foreign to me."

Leaving the double meanings of that statement be, Kaname began by pressing the first tile that had caught her eye: I6, part of the scorpion. She followed with K7, then A1 and G1, and then finally G11, choosing to push all red stones in the hope that was somehow relevant.

Of course, if this failed, she'd just have to wait for someone to think of something else.

PreviousNext

Return to Gaera Main RPs