A series of unfortunate events. (Philsys RP, full)

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
JoshuaDurron
 

Re: Have the time and the information. May as well.

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Thu Jan 23, 2003 10:46 am

Ayri simply fell in line behind the others, hoping her somewhat flashy bard's garb didn't stand out to much.


Divinegon2130
 

Five days. Not bad.

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Thu Jan 23, 2003 8:18 pm

Richard followed suit, standing up, waiting for the others to get moving, and keeping an eye on Jim in case he needed more help.

Now was not the time for regrets. Regretting coming to the JD... regretting hearing about this incident... Richard knew he had to keep those in the back of his mind.

He had to be ready for this one.

(OOC: One thing I must ask the GM now that I forgot to ask earlier. What's the current phase of the moon (for the RP)? I need to know because Richard is a wereraven.)


FlamingDeth
Moderator
 
Posts: 2128
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 1:54 am

Deus Ex Machina, I choose you!

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Fri Jan 24, 2003 3:43 am

Jim was in no position to complain about the arrangements. After all, they were headed back to the castle to better equip themselves, which no doubt meant that something was soon going to be done to rectify the situation. He gladly accepted the help of the others...

Before long, they had arrived at the castle. Obviously, since they were accompanied by the queen herself, they were quickly admitted in. All they needed now was for Aya to lead them to some supplies, and they would be prepared for the journey ahead of them...

(OOC: ...yeah. Stuff is happening! Yay! I would say this is pretty much just to get whatever supplies Aya would decide they need, and stuff. Also, Div, crescent moon.)


LadyDragonClawsEDW
Moderator
 
Posts: 1090
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2002 6:47 pm

NPC I choose you!

Unread postby LadyDragonClawsEDW » Fri Jan 24, 2003 12:51 pm

"Okay..." Aya frowned, "I'm sure we're probably going to be needing some things for this trip, I'm sure we have plenty of stuff in the storeroom...Noshima!" Aya called out, mere moments later a small perhaps Argovian in origin man approached the group.

"Noshima, take these guys to the storeroom, they need some supplies...don't let them take too many either...and pick me up a soft and one of those mana potions for me please?" she glanced to the group, "I'm going to be reviewing these records..." she held up the book, "While you prepare yourselves."

Noshima cast a wary glance at the others and relutantly spoke, "Please...follow me." The servant scurried off down the halls, quickly leading to the storeroom. "Here...here we are...please don't take too much, we are running low, the General has been using our supplies again..."

(*leaves it up to the GM as to what other people can/cannot get*)


JoshuaDurron
 

Re: NPC I choose you!

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Fri Jan 24, 2003 8:39 pm

Ayri just shrugged, taking a pair of mid strengthed healing potions. Otherwise, she was equipped about as well as she could be for her knowledge and skills.
"Whenever the Queen's ready, I'm ready," she announced.


Divinegon2130
 

Re: NPC I choose you!

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Fri Jan 24, 2003 9:18 pm

Having followed Noshima to the storeroom, Richard realized he didn't need very much. He had healing magic, he had his other half if he REALLY needed it... but, of course, going without any supplies at all was just folly. Even someone at Richard's relatively young age knew that.

Richard shrugged, taking a single low-strength healing potion and a single mana potion. Why he took this combination could be considered rather obvious.

Now all he had to do was wait for the queen to finish reading the records and he'd be ready. Of course, once they got going Richard suspected he'd have some SERIOUS explaining to do.


Dark Xia
 

Re: NPC I choose you!

Unread postby Dark Xia » Fri Jan 24, 2003 10:53 pm

Also thinking she was quite prepared already, Xia took two potions as well, but mana potions and not any healing. She wondered if they were simply being sentenced to their deaths and if these actinos were just to make this mission look as unsuicidal as possible.


Squintz Altec
Administrator
 
Posts: 1056
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2002 1:54 pm

Re: NPC I choose you!

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Sat Jan 25, 2003 1:00 am

Dhargun looked eagerly to all the potions and thingamabobs and whatchamacallits that were in the storeroom. He looked like a hungry animal among a king's feast. He grabbed a potion, a mana potion, then eyed some of the more valuable things before deciding that being put to death by an angry Queen would be bad news. So, he stuck with what he got, and hoped he would get paid well.


MovieMan123321
 

Re: NPC I choose you!

Unread postby MovieMan123321 » Sat Jan 25, 2003 1:58 am

Cuimacc steps slowly through the tall, mostly bare shelves of the store-room. His eyes slowly pan across the scant bottles, and empty shelving. He sighs, taking a minor healing potion and a moderate mana potion, as well as a third, thin potion between his ring and pinky finger. It was a rejuvenation potion.

"This will do for now." Cuimacc said to Noshima. "I thank you for allowing us to choose from your remaining supply, but I'm afraid that I require several other things.

After letting Noshima properly note the selected items before stowing them away in his trenchcoat, continueing with, "I would like to be supplied with a broad map of this region, preferrably one with 'Valth' in it. Also, I could use a good compas, and any light reading you have on this area."

He took a step back, and explained his requests with, "I'm not from around here."

[Me and Fdeath decided that a TP potion would be best accurately described by 'Rejuvie potion.']


FlamingDeth
Moderator
 
Posts: 2128
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 1:54 am

....GMaga?

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Sat Jan 25, 2003 3:46 am

Noshima nodded and recorded the supplies the somewhat reluctant adventurers removed from the shelves. After doing so, he looked back to the group.

"If that is all you require..." he began. "...then perhaps we should wait until the queen is prepared to depart."

With that, he led them back to the foyer of the castle.

"If you would wait here, I shall check on her highness..."




Aya flipped through the first few pages of the small book, noticing idly that they covered events that happened when the investigation was merely local. Quickly examining them, the only thing of note she found was that the firearm that was used was a Valthi military model, unavailable to the public, and near that a comment on how this indicated that the organization in question may have had more external ties than previously suspected.

Turning the page, she found a copy of a cargo manifest from the Argovian Rose, a ship that regularly docked at Kholingen, and happened to have been suspected of smuggling already. Circled on this list of goods was something labeled as "confidential items", apparently originating from Teraka, a port in Valth.

Flipping through the book a bit more, Aya found that also on the manifest was something labeled "various potions". While this wasn't unusual in itself, what was unusual was the fact that the shipping weight would only allow for one or two potions, and that they were to be delivered to the same location as the "confidential items", yet for some reason were not delivered.

On the next page, the queen discovered that while on their way north to check out leads in Valth, Yuji had begun to suspect that he and Jim were being followed. Not one to abandon a mission based on a little paranoia, he had continued north.

Little more could be gathered from the small book.

At that moment, the small man she had sent to the store room peeked in the door.

"M'lady..." Noshima peeped. "Your...companions...are prepared to depart."

With that, he left, just as swiftly as he had appeared. As Aya was leaving to return to the foyer, she noticed the corner of a small not, seemingly hidden in the binding of the book. Quickly removing it from it's hiding place, she read it as she walked.


"If you are reading this, it most likely means that Jim has successfully returned to the castle." the note read. "This is good. At first I thought that the Valthi border patrols were somehow alerted to our presence, but that was quickly dismissed, as these didn't seem quite as organized or disciplined as your standard Valthi guard...no, someone else knew we were coming. I don't know who just yet, but they're closing in. There are precious few hours before they finish sweeping the area, and while I'm confident in my own abilities to remain undetected, I fear there is no way to avoid a direct confrontation. I only hope to be able to provide enough of a diversion for Jim to get away. Perhaps, if luck is on my side, I'll be able to follow suite.

"No doubt that if you're reading this, Jim has also informed you of another item. The potions listed in the cargo manifest that couldn't be delivered. It cost me a tidy little sum to get ahold of them without incident. There are only two, and I am uncertain as to what they do, as they're both unlabled. However, the price it took to get them give me suspicions that they should be kept away from their intended destination at all costs. I'm not even certain that I should give them to Jim to take back. I feel that I should keep them away from him...from him, and everyone else.

"I'm unsure as to what to do. It's obvious that there is more going on here than I have been able to uncover on my own, and that whatever events are coming, they shall not be pleasant. I have no course of action to reccomend. Do what you think to be prudent.

~Yuji Nakamura
"


Aya folded the paper back up, and put it back in it's little hiding place. She was just about to reach the foyer, and had to decide when, or even if, she would tell the troupe that had been assembled to accompany her.


LadyDragonClawsEDW
Moderator
 
Posts: 1090
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2002 6:47 pm

Re: ....GMaga?

Unread postby LadyDragonClawsEDW » Sat Jan 25, 2003 12:20 pm

Aya stood, closing the book and glancing over at her assembled motely crew. Too bad I can't actually take people I know with me this time....the again that one drow looks familiar...oh yes Ayra's met that guy...heh

"Okay everybody..." Aya pulled a cloaked off her bed and started to put it on over what appeared to be normal traveller's clothes, "Yuji, one of my finest ninja, had been investigating a threat in Valthi when _something_ when wrong and I believe he was taken prisoner...." her face paled slightly, "Or worse. Apparently the Valthi, or a group of Valthi which I have reason to believe are not associated with the government and are a band of rogues or terrorists, are in possession of a new type of gun and two unknown potions." the took out the shipping dockette and passed it around the group, "Here's a record of a few shady shipping details, Teraka is going to be one of the places where we will be investigating." Aya paused, thinking for a moment, then began to pace, "My objective here is to uncover the threat, seize the weapons and the potion, recover agent Yuji and alert the Valthi government of this problem. That comes last, I've decided that this mission shall be mostly covert as my experience with the Valthi goverment and diplomats has revealed that the tend to be very uncooperative with outsiders."

She took a breath and turned back to the group, "I see you'vve all gotten what you need, good we shall depart within the hour. Anyone have any questions?"


JoshuaDurron
 

Re: ....GMaga?

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Sat Jan 25, 2003 1:21 pm

Ayri, knowing little about Valth, or guns for that matter, much simply shrugged. Clearly, she would have to roll with the punches on this one.


Dark Xia
 

Re: ....GMaga?

Unread postby Dark Xia » Sat Jan 25, 2003 1:35 pm

"How will we be transported there? Or will we be on foot, My lady?" Xia asked in a humble manner.


LadyDragonClawsEDW
Moderator
 
Posts: 1090
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2002 6:47 pm

Re: ....GMaga?

Unread postby LadyDragonClawsEDW » Sat Jan 25, 2003 1:49 pm

"I can name two options...by chocobo or by dragon....we'll probably go chocobo since a dragon would attract far too much attention."


Dark Xia
 

Re: ....GMaga?

Unread postby Dark Xia » Sat Jan 25, 2003 2:08 pm

Xia nodded agreeingly. "Though a decoy party being sent on a dragon somewhere would divert all and any attention that might be focused on a few chocobos."


LadyDragonClawsEDW
Moderator
 
Posts: 1090
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2002 6:47 pm

Re: ....GMaga?

Unread postby LadyDragonClawsEDW » Sat Jan 25, 2003 2:18 pm

"Yes, but the problem is said dragon would be me..." Aya grinned.


Dark Xia
 

Re: ....GMaga?

Unread postby Dark Xia » Sat Jan 25, 2003 3:40 pm

Xia blinked a bit and simply said. "Oh."


Squintz Altec
Administrator
 
Posts: 1056
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2002 1:54 pm

Re: ....GMaga?

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Sat Jan 25, 2003 3:47 pm

Dhargun was standing off from the group, like he always did. "Good. Hate flying anyways."


MovieMan123321
 

Re: ....GMaga?

Unread postby MovieMan123321 » Sat Jan 25, 2003 6:39 pm

Cuimacc raised one eyebrow, and looked at Aya up and down. "...Dragon?" he thought.

He then stepped forward and asked, "What is your political status with the Valthi government, and what is the chances of us getting any assistance from their enforcement agencies?


Squintz Altec
Administrator
 
Posts: 1056
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2002 1:54 pm

Re: ....GMaga?

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Sat Jan 25, 2003 7:34 pm

"Slim and none, captain." He said the word "captain" as almost an insult. "Valthi's having a war with itself, and they hate almost everything not human. No point in trying."


MovieMan123321
 

Re: ....GMaga?

Unread postby MovieMan123321 » Sat Jan 25, 2003 8:22 pm

Cuimacc stood silent for a while, staring into space. "... I have very little confidence in this mission now. The political water will tear us asunder."


Dark Xia
 

Re: ....GMaga?

Unread postby Dark Xia » Sat Jan 25, 2003 8:24 pm

IM: Sucks for me.

The half-drow twitched a bit at hearing this.

IM: Good thing I have something to cover my ears.

Xia pated her blue leather hat confortably and thankfully.


JoshuaDurron
 

Re: ....GMaga?

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Sat Jan 25, 2003 9:36 pm

Ayri just ignored all this chitter chatter. She was of the firm opinion that if they were going to try this, they should go ahead and do it, rather than bemoan how little help they were going to recieve.


LadyDragonClawsEDW
Moderator
 
Posts: 1090
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2002 6:47 pm

Re: ....GMaga?

Unread postby LadyDragonClawsEDW » Sat Jan 25, 2003 9:59 pm

Aya shook her head, "No chance no way, now let's get some chocobos."


Divinegon2130
 

Re: ....GMaga?

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Sat Jan 25, 2003 10:22 pm

Again, Richard kept his silence. Despite the fact that he knew he had to bring something to the attention of the others he was going to travel with, he decided that that was best told while they were going.

And he hoped they'd get going quickly. The sooner they got through this, prevented the cargo from getting to its destination and released 'Yuji', the sooner he could get back to his usual business.


Squintz Altec
Administrator
 
Posts: 1056
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2002 1:54 pm

Re: ....GMaga?

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Sat Jan 25, 2003 10:58 pm

"Chocobos are good. I'm good at riding them." He put extra emphasis on the word 'riding,' while looking directly at the women. Though it wasn't too apparent, he was vaugely hitting on them. Even the queen, who he KNEW was married.


Dark Xia
 

Re: ....GMaga?

Unread postby Dark Xia » Sat Jan 25, 2003 11:12 pm

Well lucky for him, wish I had learned how to ride.

Xia thought with total innocence.

Edited by: Dark Xia at: 1/26/03 12:25:21 pm

JoshuaDurron
 

Re: ....GMaga?

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Sun Jan 26, 2003 11:45 am

Ayri, used to such lewd insinuations, simply shrugged it off and followed the Queen to the Chocobo stables.

((Bleh. Sorry, kinda uninspired today... not that my previous posts have been all that great.))


FlamingDeth
Moderator
 
Posts: 2128
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 1:54 am

'bout time I got this moving...

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Mon Jan 27, 2003 6:48 am

Before long, the Noshima appeared once more.

"Pardon me..." the short man said. "...but the chocobos are ready to depart. If you would just follow me..."

With that, the group of unlikely adventurers were led through a few twisting hallways of the castle, to a room which could quite clearly be identified to all as the stables. Several colours of the large riding birds were being kept in stalls about the room, though it was doubtful that they would be using any other than the normal, unobtrusive yellow ones.

"Wark."

Noshima turned towards the group again. "Unless there is something else that you'll be needing, I'm certain you're eager to get started..."


Divinegon2130
 

Re: 'bout time I got this moving...

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Mon Jan 27, 2003 9:49 am

Richard tried his best not to let his amazement get in the way. He figured that once he got done with this troublesome assignment, he could look at the birds later.

The presence of the birds, however, brought out his rarely-seen enthusiastic side. He ran up to where the plain yellow chocobos were kept, and in a hyperactive voice more characteristic of someone younger than him, he said, "Come on come on let's get going already!"

Richard tended to be a little crazy around birds. This was just another display of that craziness... though he was sure the others didn't know what he was thinking.


Dark Xia
 

Re: 'bout time I got this moving...

Unread postby Dark Xia » Mon Jan 27, 2003 4:45 pm

Xia cautiously approached a brown chocobo. Staring into the creatures eyes as they stared back she slowly reached out her hand. Within a few moments of first contact the Chocobo had gently bitten Xia's hand. "Hey! Let go!" Xia weakly tried to pull her hand from the chobo's grasp.


MovieMan123321
 

Re: 'bout time I got this moving...

Unread postby MovieMan123321 » Mon Jan 27, 2003 8:02 pm

Cuimacc approaches the nearest Chocobo, and callously takes the riengs. The Chocobo seems somewhat unsettled, and is quite reluctant to go. But Cuimacc pulls commandingly on the riengs, and mounts the Chocobo with little incident.

"Not remarkable..." He said, as he steered the Chocobo about the stable. "But a fine sturdy breed none-the-less."


JoshuaDurron
 

Re: 'bout time I got this moving...

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Mon Jan 27, 2003 8:19 pm

Ayri was familiar with chocobos, as they were the preferred method of transport in her father's caravan. She walked down the stalls, carefully examining the birds. She stopped suddenly at one stall, looking carefully at one of them. "Cookie? 's that you?"

The bird looked remarkably like her favorite chocbo from the days when she still travelled with her old troop. However, the bird didn't seem to recognizer her, so it must have been a different one. She sighed, and quickly got in it's saddle. As she moved up on one of the stablehands, however, she couldn't help asking, "Excuse me, but what's this one's name?"


LadyDragonClawsEDW
Moderator
 
Posts: 1090
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2002 6:47 pm

Re: 'bout time I got this moving...

Unread postby LadyDragonClawsEDW » Tue Jan 28, 2003 12:28 am

Aya glanced over to Ayri, "I'm not sure, Ara would know, I think that one's Petey..." she frowned, looking around for her favorite green chocobo, Forte, only to find him not there.

"I guess Daniel must've taken him out..." she shruged and climbed upon a normal yellow one.


Divinegon2130
 

Re: 'bout time I got this moving...

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Tue Jan 28, 2003 12:42 am

Richard, seeing how the others were getting ready, quickly went to the nearest of the plain yellow chocobos that hadn't been mounted already. Looking it over for a few moments, he quickly hopped right on, not paying attention to whether chocobos were quickly scared by his sudden hyperactivity.

He had been curious about these for a while, and now he actually had his chance to ride one. Richard wouldn't have exactly considered this a dream of his, just a sort of desire or possibly a wish that he had this opportunity.

(OOC: How easily are these chocobos scared? Because if they get scared really easily, this would probably cause it to panic.

Oh, and sorry for the lack of quality in these posts. I'm just trying to make sure I don't get left behind again.)


Squintz Altec
Administrator
 
Posts: 1056
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2002 1:54 pm

Re: 'bout time I got this moving...

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Tue Jan 28, 2003 12:45 am

Dhargun saddled up to a yellow one, and waited for the slowpokes to hurry up. "Come on, come on, the money...er...the life's on the line!"


MovieMan123321
 

Re: 'bout time I got this moving...

Unread postby MovieMan123321 » Tue Jan 28, 2003 1:36 am

Cuimacc took one last moment to get his bearings as he rode out past Dhargun, saying, "Your motives are truely noble, good sir," with a good deal of sarcasim.

He then gave his Chocobo a good whip and tug, and after a small startled 'Wark' it darted forward out of the stables, and was turned east by northeast, towards Valth.


Dark Xia
 

Re: 'bout time I got this moving...

Unread postby Dark Xia » Tue Jan 28, 2003 7:49 am

Xia looked around on the ground a bit desperately, and spotted a carrot that some chocobo had probably missed in some feeding frenzy. She picked it up with her other hand and dangled it in front of his eyes. "Mr Birdy, here's a nice juicy carrot itf you'll j-" "Wark!" Within a blink an eye the bird had stopped chewing on her hand and had snapped the carrot from her grasp munching on it ludicristly. Xia went to the chobo's side and mounted it.
"Wark!" The now ultra happy, carrot-digesting chocobo cried out.



Squintz Altec
Administrator
 
Posts: 1056
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2002 1:54 pm

Re: 'bout time I got this moving...

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Tue Jan 28, 2003 4:01 pm

Dhargun muttered under his breath. "Everyone's a comedian nowadays." He nudged his chocobo out of the stables, and waited for Aya.


JoshuaDurron
 

Re: 'bout time I got this moving...

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Tue Jan 28, 2003 4:13 pm

Ayri shrugged, and nudged 'Petey' out of the stables. He was a little harder to ride than Cookie, but she figured she could manage with no problem.


PreviousNext

Return to Gaera Main RPs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

cron

Yalogank