A series of unfortunate events. (Philsys RP, full)

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
Kurt Dunniehue

Re: Paranoid of cucumbers

Unread postby Kurt Dunniehue » Sat Mar 15, 2003 12:07 am

Cuimacc stepped forward, keeping his sword firmly in its sheath as he cocked his head to look the vampire in it's eyes, unflinchingly.

"What do you want." He demanded solmnly.

FlamingDeth

OMG OMG OMG.

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Sat Mar 15, 2003 4:49 am

The vampire smirked at the the defiant group of adventurers. "Yes, yes." he said, the crows still watching their movements. "I'm absolutely certain you're all in the perfect situation to be making demands, after all. Now pay attention, children, you don't want to miss anything, you'll have to explain it all to your little friend outside when you're done."

Geist stretched his arms to his side and pulled off the cloak covering him. While they had all caught glimpse of his fangs, tipping them off to his origins, this was the first time they were able to get a good look at him. He wore expensive-looking leather, knee-high riding boots, complete with brass buckles, and a matching belt. Covering his legs were black trousers, and over his top he wore a royal purple shirt, with a black vest covering that. He had well-kept black hair, and deep set icy blue eyes, similar to every single crow in the room. However, the feature that caught the troupe's attention most was a pair of tattered black feathery wings on his back. Apparently, not only was he a vampire, but it seemed he was at one point of either a bird-like race, or an "angel"...

"Right then..." he said, having apparently situated himself. "The 'mission' you are on is most certainly not the one which you left Doma to do. No, no. There are much greater things in store for you. You are on a grand holy quest, to fulfill the will of Reshtaha! Not many get this honor, you know."

Geist smirked and turned away from the party, showing no apprehension at exposing his back. "It is no coincidence that you all met in the Ivory Horn. Despite how it would appear, fate is not so random. Each of you has a purpose. I know what it is for one of you, and I have strong suspicions on the rest. It would spoil the surprise if I told you, so don't bother asking." he said, chuckling to himself on the last statement. "Needless to say, you may continue your quest. I can say for certain that your guard still lives, if you need additional motivation. Depart at any time, Reshtaha watches over you."

The priest turned back to the mass of adventurers. "...oh, and yes, I may answer a few more of your questions before you go, if you think it will help."

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Re: OMG OMG OMG.

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Sat Mar 15, 2003 10:51 am

Dhargun glared at the vampire. Now, normally, Dhargun was pissed off. Now, however, he was livid. How DARE he get assigned to some random task by fate? He didn't even BELIEVE in fate! Therefore, this little vampy boy didn't have any power over him. He eyed the door to leave. In fact, he could screw over fate's plans just by walking out that door and going home. Besides, he wasn't very good at killing vampires. Still, he let a small smirk wash across his face. He'd show this bastard later.

JoshuaDurron

She can't STAND irrelivant detures...

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Sat Mar 15, 2003 11:55 am

Ayri, having an excellent grasp of story and plot, couldn't help but laugh at what the child told them.

"That required a LOT of attention, yeah. So we're supposed to tell our friend that we're on a mission for the God of Death! Furthermore, somehow along the way to save some guy's life, we're gonna end up working the will of the God of death. Do we get a Reaper to follow us around and keep us on course, too?

"I'll be quite frank. You didn't explain anything, so you've kinda failed at what you aimed to do. If you REALLY wanted to explain something, why don't you tell us where these vials we're supposed to be retrieving are, or what they do, or who wants them. THAT would be a much greater help than being told, 'death is watching you'."

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=joshuadurron>JoshuaDurron</A] at: 3/15/03 10:56:27 am

FlamingDeth

That's because she's uncooperative. :{{{

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Sat Mar 15, 2003 6:00 pm

"Right, right..." Geist sighed. "I had almost forgotten that there was a bard in this group. You see, most of your types are too gung-ho to notice when someone spouts a bunch of cliched bullcrap. Ah well, there goes the easy approach." He eyed Dhargun and his reaction. "It almost worked, too."

"The God of Death doesn't desire death, he just deals with it when it happens. You think saving a life is counterproductive to the cause of death, but without life, there can be no death to begin with. Not even I know what's in these vials, and they're desired by a man in Valth who is aspiring to take over one of the major warring corporations."

"Now that is settled, are there any questions from someone slightly less cynical?"

LadyDragonClawsEDW

Re: That's because she's uncooperative. :{{{

Unread postby LadyDragonClawsEDW » Sat Mar 15, 2003 6:16 pm

"You don't plan on following us around do you?" Aya lifted an eyebrow, shaking her head, "Either way my aim is to recover my ninja and find out what the hell is in those bottles, Resh or no...and from what I hear the guy isn't so bad anyways. My younger sister works with him, maybe you know her...Ayra ring a bell? Eh..eitherway..." she trailed off, in deep thought.

FlamingDeth

Re: That's because she's uncooperative. :{{{

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Tue Mar 18, 2003 6:11 am

"Oh, of course he's not that bad! That's what I've been saying all along! These days, people get far too centered around this whole, 'Death is unpleasant, so the God of Death must be a real horrible guy!' idea. Not that you'd know I've been saying this, as this is the first time we've had the opportunity to meat face to face, but it still stands..." Geist rambled. "...oh, and no, I don' plan on following you. There are far simpler ways to keep track of you than following on foot."

"Either way, I have taken far too much time away from you. Unless you have further questions, I'd advise you to continue onward." he said. "Oh, and one last thing. There is another out there, who has possibly more urgent business with your ninja than you do. You'll likely run into him soon. Don't worry about finding him, he stands out more than the lot of you put together."

MovieCritic

WTF D00D!?!?!?!?!?~!~>!~!>?~!?!~!~!~!!!!~~~~

Unread postby MovieCritic » Tue Mar 18, 2003 10:44 am

Cuimacc groaned, keeping his hands firmly on his sheath and holding it to his left as he approaches the dark childlike figure from with his right side. "I doubt I have anything to do with your god. Anything voluntary, at least..."

Cuimacc tipped his head to one side, cracking his neck. "I'm not serving your 'god.'"

LadyDragonClawsEDW

Re: WTF D00D!?!?!?!?!?~!~>!~!>?~!?!~!~!~!!!!~~~~

Unread postby LadyDragonClawsEDW » Tue Mar 18, 2003 12:11 pm

"Death may be unpleasant but Ayra sure is attached to Resh...either way it's nice to know that you're on our side.." she lifted an eyebrow, "Are you half bird by the way..?" she pointed at Geist's wings.

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Tue Mar 18, 2003 5:22 pm

....stands out more than the lot of us put together... that isn't good....

Richard was getting scared again. And Aya's last question didn't appeal to him.

Not wanting to lose control of himself, he backed off from the stairwell again... but Cuimacc's intent on fighting was bothering him. He approached Cuimacc, and said firmly, "Don't try to make things worse. We've already got enough to worry about, and we don't need anything worse."

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Tue Mar 18, 2003 7:28 pm

Ayri folded her arms over her chest, nodding. "I agree with Richard. If this guy doesn't intend to get in our way, then let's let him be, and move on. Every second we wait, the danger that the person we are attempting to rescue gets hurt increases."

Kurt Dunniehue

((ooops))

Unread postby Kurt Dunniehue » Tue Mar 18, 2003 9:55 pm

((That last post was mine. The movie_critic one. Another one of my names, use it on another ezboard... Ooops))

FlamingDeth

Weeell, I suppose I should post more. >_>;;

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Wed Mar 19, 2003 7:03 am

The priest ignored Cuimacc for the moment.

"Half bird?" he said, cocking his head to one side. "Oh, of course not. These are just the side effects of some earlier foolishness of mine."

Geist glanced at Richard and Ayri. "Your comrades are correct, though. You most likely should be on your way."

Kurt Dunniehue

Well, seeing as you ARE playing a main member of this convo

Unread postby Kurt Dunniehue » Wed Mar 19, 2003 5:27 pm

"You guys can go ahead..." Cuimacc bellowed as he inched closer to the childlike figure. "I've got a little more to discuss with him."

Dark Xia

Re: Well, seeing as you ARE playing a main member of this co

Unread postby Dark Xia » Wed Mar 19, 2003 6:46 pm

I mustn't give in, I mustn't give in.

Xia anxiously waited, constantly muttering to herself.

No sign of battle, but no sign of them... what's taking them I wonder? If I leave now I'll walk into a situation that I have no knowledge of and I may make wreckless action...

"Wark?"
"Shut up! I wonder if you realize how annoying you can be by repeating that same sound over and over bird!"
"<span style="font-size:xx-small;">Waaark...</span>" The chocobo made a sad little whimpery wark.

Edited by: Dark Xia at: 3/19/03 5:47:57 pm

LadyDragonClawsEDW

RAWR

Unread postby LadyDragonClawsEDW » Thu Mar 20, 2003 6:33 pm

Aya glared at Cuimacc and Geist, "Don't try anything stupid either..." Though it wasn't clear who she was adressing, probably both of them most likely anyways. Turning, she headed out of the house, mentally sorting all of this out.

Perhaps we're expected to kill a lot of people on this or something...wouldn't be a first for me, though I just hope word doesn't get out about it.

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Re: RAWR

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Thu Mar 20, 2003 10:59 pm

Dhargun took one last look at the vampire. He spoke in a low, growling voice. He had died once. He had been a pawn of the God of Death before. He knew what it was like. "If you betray us..." he growled, "...your pain shall be eternal." With that, he turned, and walked out of the room.

"So...what now?" He wondered aloud.

Divinegon2130

Re: RAWR

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Thu Mar 20, 2003 11:08 pm

Richard was getting suspicious - more so of Cuimacc than of Geist. However, that was not his big concern. He gave one last look at both of them, saying to Cuimacc, "All right, fine. Just be careful."

After this, he turned and walked out as well.

Kurt Dunniehue

*temperature drops 10 degrees*

Unread postby Kurt Dunniehue » Thu Mar 20, 2003 11:33 pm

Cuimacc grunts once to Aya in acknowledgement. He kept his eyes fixed on Geist, ignoring everyone else as he keeps his hands firmly on his sword and sheath.

FlamingDeth

*NPCs Ayri for a post, as Bubba is away*

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Fri Mar 21, 2003 4:43 pm

Ayri nodded to Cuimacc, not entirely trusting his intentions, but followed the queen out nonetheless. After the last of the group had left, Geist turned to Cuimacc, the almost overlooked crows doing the same.

"I already have my suspicions on this, but I may as well hear it from you." the winged vampire said. "What is it that you wished to speak to me about?"

Meanwhile, Xia saw her companions exiting the abandoned store, a few of the chocobos warking in acknowledgement at them.

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=flamingdeth>FlamingDeth</A]&nbsp; Image at: 3/21/03 3:45:05 pm

Dark Xia

Re: *NPCs Ayri for a post, as Bubba is away*

Unread postby Dark Xia » Fri Mar 21, 2003 5:52 pm

Xia took a good look at them.

Let's see... I don't see any sign that they've been in battle, don't look injured... bit dusty though.

"Glad your all alive... wait is that everyone?" She counted them, notcing that she was falling one short. "What happened in there?"

Kurt Dunniehue

Aaaaand, CONVO!

Unread postby Kurt Dunniehue » Sat Mar 22, 2003 12:07 am

Cuimacc's face was stone still as his eyes peered into Geist's harshly. "I'm already in the service of several gods..." He said, slowly and harshly. "And their purpose for me is clear... And it does not involve killing.

"Oh?" said the priest. "Last I checked, that's what 'heroics' are all about. You know, killing things, if just to 'save others'. That's what you're after, isn't it?"

Cuimacc twitched slightly, and let out a low growl. "There's nothing noble or honorable about killing..." He loosened his grip on both his sheath and sword, letting it hang idly. "The only honor is in the preservation of life, and only that."

Geist shook his head and smirked at the man. "Oh, of course. Honor is one of the most fickle things in all of society, you know. Constantly changing. Some think the way you seem to be doing, others think of honor as almost a tangable thing, worth killing for. Seems to be the polar opposite of what you think, eh?"

"Many people believe false things. Or believe falsely," Cuimacc replied. "I can only follow what I believe is right."

"Unless what you believe is one of the falshoods, which is another thing altogether." said Geist. "But then, you aren't going to be conciously serving anything. Resh's sovreign will shall be done."

"I shall never kill again. You tell your god that." Cuimacc turned to leave, but then stopped, to ask over his shoulder, "How did you know my 'debt'?"

"The same reason I know who every one of your companions is, or where you're going. A reason that will be revealed, in time." he said. "And I'll be waiting to see how long you can keep that vow."

"If that happens..." Cuimacc said, turning around to bore his eyes into Geist's. "I will kill you..."

"Too late, someone beat you to it." smirked Geist. "No need to blame me if you can't control yourself, though. May want to go before your compatriots begin to worry."

"Yes..." He said turning. "But what I kill, stays dead." He said, walking out of the room.

((Huge convo. Me and FDeath played it out over chat n' stuff.))

JoshuaDurron

Re: Aaaaand, CONVO!

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Sat Mar 22, 2003 3:06 am

"Oh, not much," Ayri commented semi-flippantly. "We just ran into a vampiric high priest of a death god, were informed that we were being guided by fate towards said god's purpose, and that we should continue on our merry way, confident that everything would go dandy. Cuimacc stayed behind to have words with the vampire."

She rolled her eyes once, and snorted to show her disapproval of the entire episode, then walked over to Petey, her chocobo, and patted it on the nose. "Don't worry, though, I'm sure the fellow can take care of himself." She was refering to Cuimacc, who had seemed to her to have at least decent, if unconventional fighting skills by the stance he took back when the bird man revealed himself.

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Sat Mar 22, 2003 11:36 am

A death god, and no death yet? Very strange.

"I see, so shall we hurriedly be on our way, or get some supplies before we head out?"

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Sat Mar 22, 2003 10:05 pm

"We have all we need right here. Remeber, we raided Doma's supply. And that'll do for now." Dhargun nodded. "Let's just get this over with. I have no intention of being the God of Death's bitch for any length of time." He grumbled.

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Sun Mar 23, 2003 7:06 pm

"For once we agree, Dhargun," Ayri noted, almost spooked.

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Sun Mar 23, 2003 7:21 pm

"Alright then."

Great, another night without a tent.

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Sun Mar 23, 2003 7:28 pm

Richard nodded, as he also agreed. He had kept his silence now, waiting to make sure absolutely everyone was ready.

He was staying near the back when they headed out this time.

LadyDragonClawsEDW

Unread postby LadyDragonClawsEDW » Wed Mar 26, 2003 10:47 pm

"Hey he's not as bad as you guys make him out to be..." Aya grumbled quietly, only noticing now that she still had the sewing kit with her, "Woops...this must belong to Geist...I should give it back the next time I see him then..." she muttered, tucking it into her robes.

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Thu Mar 27, 2003 12:53 am

Ayri shrugged. "Maybe not. But I'd appriciate not having anything to do with the God of death for at least the next twenty years. By the way, what is that you found in the shop?"

Kurt Dunniehue

Now ANGER!

Unread postby Kurt Dunniehue » Thu Mar 27, 2003 11:47 am

Cuimacc walked out of the house slowly, looking down at his feet as he made his way to his Chocobo. Quietly, he climbed up on his chocobo, and started to lead it away from it's post.

But he forgot to untie it. And after the Chocobo protested with one startled wark, Cuimacc's face lit up with rage. He drew his sword and cut the leather strap holding the Chocobo with one deft movement.

He then placed the tip of his sword back into it's sheath, and grunted as he forcefully slid it back in, kicking his now slightly disturbed Chocobo as he sped off north, out of town.

((And the 'emotionless' samurai throws a hissy fit! Image ))Image

JoshuaDurron

Re: Now ANGER!

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Thu Mar 27, 2003 12:18 pm

((Um... I don't think we've left town yet. Unless Cuimmacc is running out on us?))

Kurt Dunniehue

Re: Now, ANGER!

Unread postby Kurt Dunniehue » Thu Mar 27, 2003 12:48 pm

((Nah, he's just going on ahead.))

JoshuaDurron

Now, AMAZEMENT!

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Thu Mar 27, 2003 1:43 pm

Ayri blinked as Cuimmacc went past.

"Was that Cuimacc, or can priests of Resh creat dopplegangers, along with controling crows?"

Divinegon2130

Re: Now, AMAZEMENT!

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Thu Mar 27, 2003 5:52 pm

Richard looked at Ayri again.

"I believe that really WAS Cuimacc. I'm going to just follow him - I don't want him getting too far ahead of us. Who knows what would happen then."

He leaped on one of the chocobos that was still there, and headed in the direction Cuimacc had gone.

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Thu Mar 27, 2003 7:27 pm

"Well, it seems the matter has been decided. We're leaving, and soon... as in, a couple of minutes ago."

With that, Ayri leaped on her own chocobo, and spurred it into following the Rich and Cuimacc. Further discussion, she figured, could take place on the road.

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Thu Mar 27, 2003 7:35 pm

Following suite, Xia petted her chobo and asked it very nicely not to go too fast at first. With a relieved sigh Xia found out that being nice to her chocobo was a good thing.

Edited by: Dark Xia at: 3/28/03 2:50:08 pm

LadyDragonClawsEDW

Unread postby LadyDragonClawsEDW » Fri Mar 28, 2003 1:53 pm

"He's probably just upset over the whole Geist thing...I'd understand, I mean, if people go around acting like sneaky annoying mazoku all the time, that tends not to garner much respect and patience...but that could just be me..." she urged Forte forwards and rode after the two.

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Fri Mar 28, 2003 6:08 pm

GODDAMMIT. Dhargun was NOT pleased. He rather liked staying in one place, yet this would NEVER be the case. He hopped up on his chocobo, and began racing towards the others, though he was a bit clumsy with it. His days were just horrible sometimes.

FlamingDeth

Since some people seem to not like interacting...

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Tue Apr 01, 2003 4:51 am

Just as the adventurers were about to leave, they noticed that out of the tavern they were just in stepped an enormous, broad-shouldered, tiger striped nekojin, who must have measured almost seven feet tall. Truly a sight to behold he seemed to shed an aura of nobility, despite a steady stream of curses following him out of the bar. While most of them were content to just continue on their way, it occured to some that this may be the man may be the other person that Geist had mentioned would join them...

As if to confirm those suspicions, he quickly went over to where the party had previously tied their chocobos, and mounted a large brown horse. This seemed almost as peculiar as a nekojin being this far into Riva, or there even being one this large -- chocobos were, by far, the prefered means of travel, and thus greatly outnumbered the horses anywhere near this part of Igala. After he was on his mount, the nekojin sped his horse in their direction, swiftly catching up and slowing down to ride beside Aya.

While it took a moment, it occured to Aya that she had seen this man before...several months ago, in a bar in Doma. Why he was here now, she could only guess.

"...may I ask what you would be doing this far north, Queen Aya?" said he, having his horse trot along side of Aya's chocobo, both practically dwarfing the woman and her bird.

PreviousNext

Return to Gaera Main RPs