A series of unfortunate events. (Philsys RP, full)

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
JoshuaDurron

Re: Take two... and... ACTION!

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Thu Feb 13, 2003 10:12 pm

Ayri raised her eyebrows, impressed. "You can fly ahead and scope out the river for ambushes, right? And you're less likely to get noticed than Aya is. No offense, ma'am." She added hastily, looking up at the Queen-dragon with a sort of nervous expresion.

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Thu Feb 13, 2003 10:38 pm

"Indeed, but people still have a good chance of spotting a 5 foot tall birdman if they're on alert."

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Sat Feb 15, 2003 5:53 pm

"Either way," Ayri noted, "Shouldn't we be getting going, now? Richard, you could fly ahead and look for ambushes. Eh, if that's OK with you, ma'am." She added, addressing Aya.

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Sat Feb 15, 2003 7:38 pm

Richard nodded to Ayri at first. However, the queen still had to give her approval of the plan.

"As long as she approves." Richard's voice had a somewhat screechy tone to it, more akin to bird screeching than anything else. Still, it was mostly understandable.

LadyDragonClawsEDW

Unread postby LadyDragonClawsEDW » Sat Feb 15, 2003 9:45 pm

Aya scratched behind her ear with a claw, Sounds like a fine plan to me, go on ahead Richard and be careful

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Sun Feb 16, 2003 12:36 am

"Bah, whatever. Have fun, birdboy." Dhargun gave a dismissive wave of his hand. This leaves me free with not one...not two...but THREE lovely ladies, all whom must be impressed with my sheer masculinity, and power! Oh, I AM a fox...

Kurt Dunniehue

Unread postby Kurt Dunniehue » Sun Feb 16, 2003 11:10 am

Cuimacc then returned from a small scouting expedition that he went on quietly, without the knowledge of the other party members. "The river isn't too far away." He stated, walking directly to the large Dragon Aya.

"Your Majesty, don't you believe that, for obscurity's sake, you should return to your other form?"

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Sun Feb 16, 2003 5:03 pm

Richard ignored Cuimacc and Dhargun as he began to fly ahead in the direction he had been travelling the previous day.

He was on the lookout for anything extremely unusual on their route. Something that might pose a threat to his safety and that of the others.

(OOC: This is where the GM steps in, I hope.)

FlamingDeth

Aye, sorry for the lateness. GM ahoy!

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Thu Feb 20, 2003 5:38 pm

Richard could not see anything unusual during his flight, but he could most certainly feel something unusual. The same forboding feeling from the night before, it seemed that they were still being watched, but from no visible source...

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Re: Aye, sorry for the lateness. GM ahoy!

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Thu Feb 20, 2003 5:40 pm

Dhargun sided up to Xia, charm on maximum. "So, what's YOUR name? You can call me Dhargun, though my friends call me Dhargun." He looked to the side. "Little humour...in any case, what brings you out here?"

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Thu Feb 20, 2003 11:44 pm

"My normal sane mind which tells me to stay away from trouble and stay alive has been over powered by the possiblity of causing pain or even perhaps death, and the want to cause such." Xia smiled a playful smile into Dhargun's eyes, and reached out a hand, gently carressing one of his cheeks. "I can't hurt you can I?"

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Fri Feb 21, 2003 12:00 am

"You can do whatever you want." He winked back. "Just as long as you let me heal myself afterwards..." He flashed another one of his winning smiles. Oooh, she's into kinky stuff.

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Fri Feb 21, 2003 1:06 am

"Of course." Xia gave him another smile.

Wow, I wonder if he really meant that he would let me hurt him. That didn't seem to be sarcasm, how odd..

Then retracted her arm and turned away. "I hope we get moving soon your M- Aya. The sooner we move, the sooner we'll get closer to finishing this mission."

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Fri Feb 21, 2003 3:33 pm

After a while, Richard had finished with his 'scouting flight.' He knew that something was wrong, but was disappointed that he could not pin that feeling to a source.

He returned to the group looking somewhat dismayed. In the same screech-like yet mostly understandable voice from earlier, he told the group, "Nothing visible from the sky, but I have the feeling we're still being watched."

He waited to see if any of the others knew what he meant by the last statement.

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Fri Feb 21, 2003 3:46 pm

Ayri fingered her staff nervously. "Do you think it's by a magical source?"

Kurt Dunniehue

Unread postby Kurt Dunniehue » Sat Feb 22, 2003 3:34 am

"Doesn't matter." Cuimacc said, as he mounted his Chocobo. "We're being watched. We must take each stride carefully before we can hide ourselves."

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Sat Feb 22, 2003 9:54 am

Xia mounted her chocobo with a sigh. Well there was nothing she could do to better the situation, so any negative comments from her would probably be useless.
"Wark!" The chocobo zoomed around the area a bit, obiviously not being controlled by Xia at all, who was hanging on for dear life. Eventually it just stopped with another "Wark!" and left a nausious girl slumped on its back.

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Sat Feb 22, 2003 10:50 am

Ayri mounted her own chocobo and caught hold of Xia's reigns. "Get a hold of yourself there. Why don't you stick next to me and Petey for today?"

The young girl smiled brightly, as if to say 'I got your back'.

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Sat Feb 22, 2003 12:14 pm

Dhargun would have said, "I got your back too," but if he had, it would have had a whole world's difference of connotations. As it were, he re-saddled his chocobo, he then wandered over to the group, wondering what in the hell was going to happen next.

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Sat Feb 22, 2003 12:16 pm

Xia looked at Ayri, a bit confused, but she managed to smile back. "Alright, but I don't think I need to get a hold of myself, just how to control this bird better." She gave another little sigh.

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Sun Feb 23, 2003 12:15 am

Richard had not believed it. They had not mentioned what he had meant by the fact he had been watched.

Making a slight noise equivalent to a sigh for a bird, Richard, not bothering to return to human form, hopped right back on his chocobo. Just as he did, he told the group, again in his screechy voice, "More like the feeling from last night. Let's hope it's the same source - at least then we'll have some idea who's really stalking us."

LadyDragonClawsEDW

Unread postby LadyDragonClawsEDW » Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:35 pm

Ara quickly shrank back into human form with a bright golden flashed, already clothed by the way, "There...and knowing my luck, I bet we have a rotten mazoku or demon bothering us..." shaking her head, she climbed onto her chocobo, "Anyways...onwards."

FlamingDeth

HAHAHA I AM LAZY.

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Fri Feb 28, 2003 6:05 pm

And thus, the group continued on their way towards the Valthi border. The trip went on for a few hours, uneventful. However, it occurred to the precious few with good handles on geography or those who had remembered to bring maps that they were nearing the small Rivan farming town of Augive, a thought which would likely occur to many when they reached the outer layer of farms a few minutes later. While the population of the town was small, the farms stretched for miles, and a detour around them would take hours. They could stop by the town for supplies or information, though on the other hand, the party didn't necessarily contain the most respected collection of races in Riva...

(OOC: ...yar. Sorry for the delay here. Also, this town won't be on the maps in the Gaera guide, as I just made it up. XP)

Divinegon2130

Re: HAHAHA I AM LAZY.

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Sat Mar 01, 2003 6:06 pm

As Richard neared the town, he suddenly had a realization that he probably should have returned to human form before hopping on the chocobo. He definitely couldn't concentrate enough while on the chocobo to complete such a transformation.

"It's up to the rest of you," Richard said without much in the way of hesitation. "Would you rather stop or keep going?" He was thrusting the burden of decision on the others, especially Aya, for two reasons. One, he was ill suited to be going through a town in his current state. Two, he knew for a fact that making decisions didn't come really easy to him.

Richard immediately looked for somewhere a bit concealed where he could return to human form, preferably without being seen by the locals.

Dark Xia

Re: HAHAHA I AM LAZY.

Unread postby Dark Xia » Sat Mar 01, 2003 10:10 pm

"Either way is bad, I'd leave it up to a coin toss, but then again, how are our supplies? Do we even have any food left for a long travel around? We might get ambushed in town, we might get ambushed going around too. I believe we should chance thw town." Xia sighed a bit, going into the midst of unfriendly peoples was not going to be an easy action.

Kurt Dunniehue

And now for a obligatory 'I'm here!' post.

Unread postby Kurt Dunniehue » Sat Mar 01, 2003 10:36 pm

Cuimacc rode silently next to Aya, listening tenatively to everyone.

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Re: And now for a obligatory 'I'm here!' post.

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Sun Mar 02, 2003 12:00 am

Dhargun thought for a second. If I'm going to go in there, should I try the ring on? However, the thought of the ring reminded him of his brother, and that brought a twinge. Fuck it. If they try to blast me, THEN I'll put it on.

LadyDragonClawsEDW

Unread postby LadyDragonClawsEDW » Sun Mar 02, 2003 12:03 am

"Man I hate Riva...not really the friendliest bunch especially in my position..." Aya grumbled, remembering a few encounters with Rivan dragoons, "Just keep your eyes open, and try to stay out of the sky...the government may have denounced the dragoons, but there are still a few factions running around out there...and the citizens still are a bit Xenophobic..."

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Mon Mar 03, 2003 3:40 pm

"Come now," Ayri admonished the others. "They can't be all that bad. You just have to be polite and respect the people, show them that you can have a good time too, and they'll soon see you're just as huma- er, respectable as they are."

The young bard grinned sheepishly, having almost made a major slip of the tounge in her last sentance. But really, she wasn't to worried about their reception in the town, provided she got a chance to turn on a little of her charm. After all, who doesn't love a travelling bard?

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Mon Mar 03, 2003 7:18 pm

Wish I had a cloak with a hood, should of brought one... I could ask one of the others but...

"People have this tendency to judge first, know later." Xia sighed again and was actually able to comamnd her chocobo to continue without it going wild at first.

Edited by: Dark Xia at: 3/3/03 6:19:07 pm

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Tue Mar 04, 2003 9:53 pm

After some thinking and mental debate with his own self, Richard decided that he would probably be better off taking his chances and going through the town.

Doubt any of them carry silver weaponry..... Yeah, this will be worth it. Richard's thought gave him a bit of self-confidence. But only a bit. There was always that nagging doubt in his mind. That nagging doubt that something was going to go wrong.

FlamingDeth

*torpedoes*

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Wed Mar 05, 2003 8:14 pm

As the lot of adventurers carried onward, they eventually passed the relatively empty plots of farmland, reaching the town itself. Despite their varied and odd looks, the townsfolk on the streets seemed far less prejudiced than the stereotypical Rivan, and rather than doing anything aggressive, merely continued about their business, some just avoiding them. From where they were, however, the party could see that while the town certainly wouldn't have anything too exotic, it would certainly provide any supplies they might be in need of, though to the possible dissappointment of some of them, it appeared that there was but one tavern in the entire town.

JoshuaDurron

*countermeasures, and a hard turn to port*

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Wed Mar 05, 2003 8:20 pm

Ayri guided Petey along, humming softly, and looking about at the townspeople and scenery. Although it might be a bit sparse, they should easily be able to gather any food they needed here, and really she was not to concerned about much else. After all, she didn't need much else.

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Re: *countermeasures, and a hard turn to port*

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Wed Mar 05, 2003 8:33 pm

Dhargun eyed the tavern. I wonder what quality of ale they have...? "Um...I'm going to...research...yes....at the tavern. Lots of information at the tavern. I'm just going there now. Don't mind me." He edged away, and walked into the tavern. He edged up to the bartender.

"BEER ME."

Edited by: Squintz Altec at: 3/5/03 7:35:00 pm

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Wed Mar 05, 2003 8:34 pm

Ayri looked after Dhargun and muttered, "Research. Yeah right."

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Wed Mar 05, 2003 9:12 pm

Xia simply blinked in the direction of the tavern and turned to Ayri. "Why would he lie about what he was going to do? Unless he's selling us out to someone why would he care to make up a feeble excuse?"

FlamingDeth

*axes, soft to doom*

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Wed Mar 05, 2003 9:27 pm

The bartender glanced at Dhargun, quickly looking him over.

"Seven gil. Your kind has to pay up front."

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Re: *axes, soft to doom*

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Wed Mar 05, 2003 9:36 pm

Your kind. Hick.

"Well, sure thing!" He went into his pocket, fishing out seven gil, depositing it on the table. I bet I have more money in this pocket than this hick has in his entire life savings.

FlamingDeth

So many posts in one day. I feel like a wombat now!

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Wed Mar 05, 2003 9:39 pm

The bartender took the gil and slid a mug of beer down to Dhargun.

"Enjoy." he said, a slight tone of sarcasm audible in his voice.

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Re: So many posts in one day. I feel like a wombat now!

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Wed Mar 05, 2003 9:42 pm

Dhargun brought the beer up to his lips, and chugged it down within ten seconds. Though he wasn't pleased completely, alchohol was alchohol, and he wasn't TOO picky. He sat down at a barstool, and looked at the local hicks.

PreviousNext

Return to Gaera Main RPs