A series of unfortunate events. (Philsys RP, full)

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
JoshuaDurron
 

Re: A question :D

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Tue Jul 22, 2003 8:09 pm

Ayri shrugged. "Ligitimately sounds easier than otherwise right now."


LadyDragonClawsEDW
Moderator
 
Posts: 1090
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2002 6:47 pm

A question :D

Unread postby LadyDragonClawsEDW » Wed Jul 23, 2003 4:42 pm

"To the checkpoint then...and well if it comes down to lying, it's something we must do...for the sake of Doma's national safety..."

Ooh, I made that sound good...


Dark Xia
 

Re: A question :D

Unread postby Dark Xia » Wed Jul 23, 2003 4:58 pm

IM: Yes, like I care.

"Fine, enough of my bickering."


FlamingDeth
Moderator
 
Posts: 2128
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 1:54 am

Re: A question :D

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Fri Jul 25, 2003 6:46 pm

"Well..." said Atoujirou. "If you all are confident in your abilities of deception, then I suppose attempting to gain access legitimately is the appropriate plan!"

The nekojin began down the road once more, prompting the other travelers to follow him, going slowly so as to give those who would be speaking for them an opportunity to get ahead.


LadyDragonClawsEDW
Moderator
 
Posts: 1090
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2002 6:47 pm

GASP

Unread postby LadyDragonClawsEDW » Sun Jul 27, 2003 9:46 am

Aya immediately rode in front of the others, ruing the fact that the companions she had chosen weren't exactly people she was very well acquainted with.

If anything they'll make good meat shields or something, hmph it serves them right for being too nosy...

Aya's ears twitched slightly as she looked for the checkpoint.


Divinegon2130
 

Re: GASP

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Sun Jul 27, 2003 7:11 pm

Right.... she says it's a 'need to know' basis..... of course, I only said "the truth". I NEVER said "the whole truth", so I can't really object.

Richard followed silently, staying behind Aya, and occasionally giving a wary glance in the direction of the others........ particularly Dhargun, whom he'd hated so much.


FlamingDeth
Moderator
 
Posts: 2128
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 1:54 am

This scene done with assistance of (1x) Doug!

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Wed Aug 13, 2003 4:11 pm

(OOC: As a minor side note, I was hoping for more people to post before GMing again. :( It makes me a sad, sad GM.)

The group found the checkpoint with very little trouble...the path they were on led straight to it, the only entrance visible in the enourmous wall that was the Valthi-Rivan border. As they approached the checkpoint, a large man with a rifle stopped them, with plenty more visible inside the checkpoint.

"Halt! Your left hand, please?" said the man, eying both his own hand, tattood with markings of a middle class Valthi soldier, as well as the group of travelers.


Dark Xia
 

Re: This scene done with assistance of (1x) Doug!

Unread postby Dark Xia » Wed Aug 13, 2003 7:20 pm

Xia managed not to look at the soldier in an odd manner or with contempt as she was tempted to do. Instead she lookedat him emotionlessly and held out her left hand. What in Lloth's name were they planning on doing?


JoshuaDurron
 

Re: This scene done with assistance of (1x) Doug!

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Fri Aug 15, 2003 12:35 am

Ayri grinned coyly at the guard. "Oh? That desperate to kiss the lady's hands?"

Shortly after saying that, common sense caught up with her, and she almost clammed up, thinking she should let Aya do the talking. But now that she had opened her mouth and said something... she shot a glance at the queen, hoping she would give some sort of signle telling her how to act.


FlamingDeth
Moderator
 
Posts: 2128
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 1:54 am

This = role call of sorts, too!

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Mon Aug 18, 2003 5:08 pm

The guard merely glanced at Xia and Ayri's hands before looking up at the rest of the party.

"...the rest of you?"


Divinegon2130
 

Re: This = role call of sorts, too!

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Mon Aug 18, 2003 5:14 pm

Richard visibly shuddered when he heard the guard insist as he did. Worrying about what would happen if he didn't listen, he raised his left hand, although very slowly and hesitantly, to about the level of his head.

A moment passed before he actually exposed his palm.


LadyDragonClawsEDW
Moderator
 
Posts: 1090
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2002 6:47 pm

Re: This = role call of sorts, too!

Unread postby LadyDragonClawsEDW » Mon Aug 25, 2003 3:16 pm

Aya shrugged and held out her left hand for the guard to observe, which of course didn't have markings on it, with the exception of small faint scars from battles past.


Squintz Altec
Administrator
 
Posts: 1056
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2002 1:54 pm

Re: This = role call of sorts, too!

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Mon Aug 25, 2003 3:17 pm

Dhargun held out his left hand, though he left his right limp and at his side. He mused about the pointlessness of checkpoints, because they never seemed to actually do their job, just make things more complicated than necessary.


FlamingDeth
Moderator
 
Posts: 2128
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 1:54 am

Re: This scene done with assistance of (1x) Doug!

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Mon Aug 25, 2003 3:33 pm

The guard looked over the rest of the group's hands, nodding at the fact that none of them bore any criminal marks. He walked around the adventurer's some, inspecting their mounts and belongings, before nodding to another guard in the checkpoint, who promptly raised the gate that was blocking their path.

"Move along." he said, waving them through. "Be sure to stick to the class D sectors if you go into major cities, though, for your own safety."

With that, the guard retreated back to the checkpoint.


LadyDragonClawsEDW
Moderator
 
Posts: 1090
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2002 6:47 pm

Re: This scene done with assistance of (1x) Doug!

Unread postby LadyDragonClawsEDW » Mon Aug 25, 2003 3:41 pm

"Well that was easy enough wasn't it? No need for deception..." Aya grinned, urging her chocobo onwards, "Now we just proceed from here...oh and if my sister was right about this place, we should try to avoid the major cities, I hear they shoot people and leave them to bleed to death in the streets."


JoshuaDurron
 

Re: This scene done with assistance of (1x) Doug!

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Mon Aug 25, 2003 7:34 pm

Ayri started. "Uh... right. Well, the place where this guy is supposed to be isn't a major city, right?"


Squintz Altec
Administrator
 
Posts: 1056
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2002 1:54 pm

Re: This scene done with assistance of (1x) Doug!

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Mon Aug 25, 2003 8:40 pm

"Hey, when we leave, do you think we can go find someone who'll shoot me, and kill him? I need a corpse, and we haven't killed anyone yet." Dhargun rode up to the group, out of earshot of anyone who would care about the fact a drow just stated he wanted to kill someone.


FlamingDeth
Moderator
 
Posts: 2128
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 1:54 am

I see a revival!

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Mon Nov 03, 2003 9:35 pm

Thusly, time passed by, and the ever cheery band of adventurers traveled on, and arrived at the Valthi port of Teraka with little incident. In fact, they only passed by one or two other travelers the entire time, and they couldn't see their previous pursuer at all...either she had decided to do something else, or was being more careful about it.

Either way, they had not seen her at all, and had made it to the town. It wasn't too much of a major port, and didn't show much of the technological advancement typical of Valth, at least not once they were away from the docks. Another thing it seemed to be missing was the prejudice that was known to come from Valth...it seemed that as a port city, the population was sued to seeing all different races, and the group found themselves recieving no more than a casual glance from the townsfolk.

The town had the normal conveniences that could be found anywhere - bars, inns, potion shops, weapon and armour shops, far too many overpriced gift shops - but the thing that caught everyone's attention was a brightly coloured banner strung across the town square. "Attention! Grand Tournament, Prisoner Execution, and Military Parade, 16th day of Eme ke Eiki! Be there, for all the fun and excitement! Free admission, foreigners welcome!" Those knowledgable in the Valthi system of dating would recognize that as that night, and for those that didn't, it wouldn't be too hard to find out...


JoshuaDurron
 

Re: I see a revival!

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Mon Nov 03, 2003 9:44 pm

Ayri was familiar with the Valthi system of dating after her stays there with her father's troop earlier in her life. She grimmaced at the sign, wondering what the attraction of the event was.

"Prisoner... execution. That doesn't sound good, does it? And it happens tonight..."


Divinegon2130
 

Re: I see a revival!

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Tue Nov 04, 2003 3:41 pm

Richard's thoughts wandered for a moment as the group entered Teraka.

I'm surprised they don't hate us here.

But that was when what Ayri said clicked into his head.

Keeping his voice quiet, Richard answered, "My question is what exactly we're supposed to do about this."


Dark Xia
 

Re: I see a revival!

Unread postby Dark Xia » Fri Nov 07, 2003 12:38 am

Quietly, due to the fact that her paranoia seemed to be acting up again, and she was feeling that so many eyes were on her... "What would it have to do with us, can we be sure it has anything to do with those person's we're looking for? And why are "foreigners" welcome, to fill them with terror and possibly respect? If they're not sickened too much?"

Edited by: Dark Xia at: 11/7/03 12:39 am

FlamingDeth
Moderator
 
Posts: 2128
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 1:54 am

Re: I see a revival!

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Fri Nov 07, 2003 12:41 am

Atoujirou sighed.

"More likely because they have very little else to keep foreigners here, and if they leave, less money is coming in through the shops and the like."


Divinegon2130
 

Re: I see a revival!

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Sun Nov 16, 2003 3:43 pm

Richard shrugged at Atou's words. Then he glanced at the others, before looking back to Ayri. A thought had crossed his head.

"....if this prisoner is who I think it is..."


JoshuaDurron
 

Re: I see a revival!

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Sun Nov 16, 2003 3:47 pm

Ayri nodded to Richard. "We may not have a lot of time."


Squintz Altec
Administrator
 
Posts: 1056
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2002 1:54 pm

Re: I see a revival!

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Mon Dec 15, 2003 7:54 pm

"Damn, an execution! I always love those things. Do you think it'll be beheading? Or something better? Since this is Valth, I guess we might be gettin' some firearms." Dhargun clasped his hands together in an expression of joy, imagining the possibilities. "I say we go just for that. When is it again?"


LadyDragonClawsEDW
Moderator
 
Posts: 1090
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2002 6:47 pm

Re: I see a revival!

Unread postby LadyDragonClawsEDW » Tue Dec 16, 2003 12:53 pm

Aya was excited for a whole different reason.

"Oooh a tournament! I wonder if they'll let foreigners join..I love tournaments!" she shot a sideways glance at Dhargun, lifting an eyebrow, "You're awful morbid and sadistic, you know that?"

Frowning, Aya pondered Richard's remark, knowing full well that it would be a bad thing if Yuji was a prisoner. Remembering what her sister had told her of previous experiences in Valth, she knew that if this was the case, getting Yuji would be a big problem.

"Guys, keep on your toes, and watch out for Valthi MPs, those guys are mean."


JoshuaDurron
 

Re: I see a revival!

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Tue Dec 16, 2003 2:50 pm

"So we're going?" Ayri asked. "What are we gonna try and do there?"


FlamingDeth
Moderator
 
Posts: 2128
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 1:54 am

Re: I see a revival!

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Mon Jan 26, 2004 5:07 pm

"I'm not sure of this..." said Atoujirou. "It seems that the 'tournament' and 'prisoner execution' are not entirely seperate."

Atoujirou remained silent afterwards, brooding over something or another. A moment later, he once again spoke up. "Whether they let others into the tournament is not my concern. I have some other business to attend to...however, I believe we will once again meet each other once the little tournement begins."

With a slight bow, the enourmous nekojin vanished from sight.


JoshuaDurron
 

Re: I see a revival!

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:14 am

Ayri grew pale, and shuddered slightly. "Wait, fighting in a tournament? I'm afraid that's not something I was cut out for... Singing about them, yes, but fighting in one?"


Dark Xia
 

eh...

Unread postby Dark Xia » Thu Jan 29, 2004 7:58 pm

"... I probably wouldn't lastt the first round ither, but I think you're overracting a little, bard. I doubt it'll be necessary for you to fight in it, so relax." Xia said rather blandly, she could only shut her eyes, dream, and long for such power as the assailant that had attacked them previously.

"Besides, the way these people are speaking," Xia made sure to lower her voice, growing cautious, "I bet we're more likely to break up the whole ceremony and rescue whoever's there than enter it.. or maybe we'll be doing both, to gain access in the first place."


FlamingDeth
Moderator
 
Posts: 2128
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 1:54 am

:(

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Tue May 25, 2004 5:34 pm

After some debate, it was decided that they would watch the tournament. However, as they watched, the group didn't even catch a glimpse of the man they were looking for. Eventually, most of the party deemed that the entire quest was pointless, and went their seperate ways.

Aya stayed behind for a little longer searching, and even went to Kholingen to look for clues, but her search turned up fruitless. Yuji was declared officially MIA, and his position was delegated to Captain Pervy until such time as a suitable replacement could be found.

THE END


(OOC: Okie dokie.

First off, the RP died because I am a lazy GM. Boo.

Second off, I request that since the RP didn't actually conclude, that it not be shrined. 'sides, I look back over it and see tons of things that could have been done better. So...yeah. No shrining, plzkthx.

Thirdly, I'll be doing more RPs that will conclude this better, and...y'know...answer the billions upon billions of unanswered questions raised thus far. Anyone who was in this one can claim spots in any related RPs I hold.

LASTLY! Experience!

Aya: 1150 EXP and the blah blah queen blah blah leader award.
Cuimacc: 500 EXP and the generic samurai who stopped posting award.
Xia: 1150EXP and the unintentional (or were they?!) phallic references award.
Dhargun: 1200 EXP and the awesome award.
Ayri: 1200EXP and the clever, stop disrupting the GM's plans award.
Richard: 1100EXP and the interact with the other characters more award.

That is all!)


Previous

Return to Gaera Main RPs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 35 guests

cron

Yalogank