A series of unfortunate events. (Philsys RP, full)

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
FlamingDeth

Re: Ninja.

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Fri Apr 18, 2003 3:49 am

Atoujirou chuckled a bit.

"'We', you say? In that case, while she is contemplating, what is it that you would like to know?"

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Fri Apr 18, 2003 9:53 am

"Well, for starters, where did you meet Aya? And did you work together, or didja just have a chance encounter once?"

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Sat Apr 19, 2003 2:49 pm

"No, no." Atou calmly said, glancing at Aya for a moment. "We only met once, briefly, in a bar in Doma, though I have had some experiences with her adopted brother."

LadyDragonClawsEDW

Unread postby LadyDragonClawsEDW » Thu Apr 24, 2003 12:49 pm

"This is true..." Aya continued, her worried calmed slightly, "I've only met him briefly unfortunately...but if my brother found you out alright...well he's far more paranoid than I am...not to mention it's harder to gain his trust....anyways well the thing is..." Aya then guided him aside, explaining the whole missing Yuji, letter, supposed item in Valth, the reason for bringing along such a large group, and Geist.

"He also mentioned that someone else was going to join us...perhaps you are this one..." She ignored her companions inevitable glares/accusations of stupidity that were bound to follow.

FlamingDeth

Subject line?

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Thu Apr 24, 2003 2:49 pm

Atoujirou nodded as the ryuuzoku spoke. "Well then, it seems our tasks coincide." the nekojin responded. "I have something which I am bound by honour to deliver to your ninja, and my search to find him has led me here...it is very likely that I am the one he referred to, I would think."

Divinegon2130

Forced filler.

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Sun Apr 27, 2003 12:18 am

Richard was still very unnerved by the nekojin. Even if the attention of this nekojin was directed at one of his allies, Richard believed it was in his best interest to just keep his mouth shut.

Richard's concern was that if one little problem came, the nekojin would rip some vital organ from him.

JoshuaDurron

Re: Forced filler.

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Sun Apr 27, 2003 12:56 am

"Oh? And what, pray tell, has bound you to this task?" Asked Ayri, her bard's sense of story and innate curiosity kicking in once more.

FlamingDeth

*is busy, needs to kick this thing into motion again*

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Sat May 03, 2003 3:42 pm

Atoujirou simply did not respond to the question and continued on riding, a stern look on his face. It became clear that it was something which was likely better left alone...or rather, to the curious bard, a sign that she would need to try a different approach to pry the information out of him.

JoshuaDurron

::helps with the kicking::

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Sat May 03, 2003 7:14 pm

"Hm..." The bard aquiesced to Atoujiro's silence for a while, then tried asking a few other questions.

"So, Touji, what do you do? What're your specialties? I knew a Nekojin once who was a great cook. Are you any good?"

Dark Xia

Re: ::helps with the kicking::

Unread postby Dark Xia » Mon May 05, 2003 9:38 pm

It's obvious that they're jsut trying to get that nekojin to open up then get the information they wish to have.

Xia just gave another of her many sighs and road on, staring blankly ahead.

FlamingDeth

*helps with your mom, last night* BURN.

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Wed May 14, 2003 5:01 pm

"...specialties? I am the Shihan of Renmentaru-marudo Ryu swordsmanship..." Atoujirou said, in a way that surprisingly didn't sound at all like bragging. "...as well as the governor of the township of DeClaw, in northwestern Nekonia."

Divinegon2130

Re: *helps with your mom, last night* BURN.

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Wed May 14, 2003 8:50 pm

Upon hearing this last bit, Richard made up his mind that perhaps the nekojin wasn't quite as scary as first thought. The lack of ordinariness had been obvious from the first, but now, due to the leadership role that the nekojin had mentioned, it seemed to Richard that this was more like the kind lack of being ordinary rather than the hostile lack.

In fact, a question now came to him. Turning to Atoujirou, Richard asked uneasily, "Atou, what exactly would you mean by the 'shihan'?"

FlamingDeth

~lelelele...

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Thu May 15, 2003 2:33 pm

"'Shihan'..." began the nekojin. "...is the title given to a senior instructor of any given budo. It signifies that one has achieved a higher mastery of the art. Renmentaru-marudo Ryu is a family art, passed down through the generations, and since illness took my father several years ago, it has left me as the most senior practitioner of the art."

JoshuaDurron

Re: ~lelelele...

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Fri May 16, 2003 5:51 pm

Ayri nodded absently, resisting the urge to ask what would bring a govener away from his governship. Touji probably wouldn't answer anyways. She was just content with what she had learned.

LadyDragonClawsEDW

Unread postby LadyDragonClawsEDW » Mon May 19, 2003 3:37 pm

"Sorry to interrupt but I'm pretty sure we can chat and ride at the same time...speaking of we don't have time to waste, we must keep moving..." Aya glanced to the group, man what a group.

Well this is what you get when you butt in on royal business...I need a guide anyways...

Aya urged her chocobo onwards, "Yah..."

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Mon May 19, 2003 6:01 pm

So that means the most skilled... but if his father passed on.... eh, better not go there.

This thought echoed through Richard's head while he slowly nodded after Atou's explanation of the term 'shihan'. Richard was not about to inquire further just yet, and this was partly due to the re-realization that he was travelling with very high-profile people.

Travelling with leaders.... what evil am I about to get myself into?

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Wed May 21, 2003 4:59 pm

Dhargun trudged on. "So, you can kick a lot of ass, right? That's pretty nice."

Kurt Dunniehue

Errr, like, it'sa post, eh?

Unread postby Kurt Dunniehue » Sat May 24, 2003 6:14 pm

Budo?

Cuimacc looked at the nekojin and carefully studied him for the first time. A small interest in seeing this Neko-jin's style emerged, and he slowed his Chocobo's pace to ride closer to the neko-jin. However, he kept silent, and did not look directly at the Neko-jin, nor glance.

He was still keeping inconspicuious.

Dark Xia

Re: Errr, like, it'sa post, eh?

Unread postby Dark Xia » Tue May 27, 2003 6:55 pm

Xia looked on ahead blankly.

"Kick ass?" What a vulgar term. Some of these people have the strangest dialects.

She curses herself for not bringing a book now, but then again she might loose it, or it might get destroyed... or who knows.

"Why do you people bother to try to get to know him, we will jsut be going our own seperate ways eventually, and probably never meet again. Or maybe one of us will die, though surprisingly that hasn't happened yet."

FlamingDeth

Revivification! It's a word, I swear!

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Tue Jun 03, 2003 4:16 pm

"That is a fairly pessemistic outlook." the nekojin siad. "If that is how you see things, why bother to get to know anyone?"

However, as they were speaking, Ayri and Xia once again noticed that they were followed. For the moment that they saw the figure trailing behind them, though, they were able to tell that it wasn't the same person as before.

Dark Xia

Re: Revivification! It's a word, I swear!

Unread postby Dark Xia » Tue Jun 03, 2003 6:22 pm

"Why the only reason for anyone to follow any conversation is if it's necessary to benifit yourself later in the future. Though I'm sure you all don't care for my opinion, the fact that someone's following us again might interest you... and it is not the person from before."

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Mon Jun 09, 2003 6:30 pm

I'm not sure I can tolerate all that pessimism. But I'm going to leave them to their arguing.......... wait.

"Wait a moment. Did you say someone was following us again?" Richard bowed his head slightly and made a noise that could be best described as a groan.

"It had better not be the same person or whatever that was following us last time. ....damned stalkers..."

Richard added the last comment as a suggestion to what he thought of the person following.

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Tue Jun 10, 2003 12:25 am

Ayri shook her head. "No. It's not the same person, I'm pretty sure of that? Which hopefully means he knows less about us, and we can take him by surprise. Quite frankly, I'm getting tired of them having the upper hand all the time too."

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Tue Jun 10, 2003 5:01 pm

"Any turns in the road soon, or anyone else have a better idea for an ambush...?"

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Wed Jun 11, 2003 8:42 pm

"So, you too were being followed..." Atoujirou said, after brooding silently for a moment. "Well, in any case, there are obviously turns in the road, but no cover which may be used to keep him from seeing how far you've advanced...I can't be sure if you just confronted the fellow directly, though."

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Thu Jun 12, 2003 1:55 am

"Ah," Ayri noted dispassionately, "you were being followed as well. You might have tipped us off about this, you know."

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Sun Jun 15, 2003 6:26 am

"It was not necessary at the time." the nekojin responds. "I felt that it would be better to first see if I would be followed as part of this larger group. Either way, it hardly matters now. There is another matter at hand, and if you'd like to discuss what I have and have not informed you of later, you may do so."

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Sun Jun 15, 2003 8:30 pm

"Good," Richard answered. Then he realized his reaction.

....this is not going to be good for me... if it's not the same guy, it's someone worse.....

Richard started to tremble with this in his mind. Before long, he was not only shaking, but also looking around constantly in a very paranoid manner, nearly consumed in his worry.

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Sun Jun 15, 2003 11:25 pm

Ayri noticed Richard's reaction and quirked an eyebrow. "Something wrong?" she asked.

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Wed Jun 18, 2003 2:25 pm

Richard glanced over to Ayri.

"If this ISN'T the guy that stalked us last time," Richard answered. "my worry is that they're WORSE."

He glanced back for a moment, then added, "Believe me, if you had to go through what I have, you'd be scared of strangers as well."

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Wed Jun 18, 2003 3:33 pm

"...he she or it really hasn't done anything yet." comments Atoujirou. "I would not be so worried about how dangerous the person following us is, and more worried about why we are being followed in the first place..."

LadyDragonClawsEDW

Unread postby LadyDragonClawsEDW » Wed Jun 18, 2003 4:28 pm

"Well we were...but we met the man if I'm not mistaken, though to me he seems more like an outsider in the current scheme of events...just...watching for his own amusement..." Aya muttered, "Like a mazoku, but he's not..." she added.

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Wed Jun 18, 2003 4:49 pm

"Well, I say he should just pop out, so we can kick his, her, or it's ass already. I'm getting tired of this constant shit. I mean, what's the deal? Ooooh, I'm mysterious. Ooooh, I'm hiding...Give me a break." Dhargun grunted, obviously annoyed.

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Wed Jun 18, 2003 11:46 pm

Ayri raised an eyebrow. "For once I agree with you. Mystery is all well and good, but to much and it just gets old. Honestly, though, what do we want to do about our latest shadow? Shall we just leave him be for now, or try and grab him to find out who he is?"

FlamingDeth

*changes the subject line, for fun*

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Thu Jun 19, 2003 2:27 am

"...yes." said the nekojin, as if to affirm the action. "Do any of you have suggestions on how to deal with her?"

Dark Xia

Re: *changes the subject line, for fun*

Unread postby Dark Xia » Thu Jun 19, 2003 2:41 pm

"Personally, how do you know he's even following us? Perhaps the person just is taking the same path and doesn't like company, but moving on hwith how to deal with him, why don't we just stop, and either turn around and go up to them, or wait for them to catch up." Xia looked to the sun, to see about what time it might be. "Tgough since you believe he's tailing us it would probably be better for us to turn back and go to him, since he might try to run away, but there's no place to hide really around here is there?"

JoshuaDurron

Re: *changes the subject line, for fun*

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Thu Jun 19, 2003 11:48 pm

"Wait," Ayri jumped in, "Wait... Her? You know it's a woman?"

FlamingDeth

*stabs Bubba, to conceal the terrible secret OF SPACE*

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Fri Jun 20, 2003 12:54 am

"...with as much evidence towards being followed we have, it would be folly to think we aren't." Atoujirou said, ignoring Ayri in much the same manner as one would ignore a small child pestering one for candy. "Turning around is certainly an option, though."

Squintz the Fool

....bah humbug.

Unread postby Squintz the Fool » Fri Jun 20, 2003 12:58 am

"Let's keep going." Dhargun snarled. "Short of the Spider Goddess herself, I'm not turning back. YOU HEAR THAT?" Dhargun shouted, trying to get his point across to anything that happened to be listening, be it birds, small mammals, or even insects.

LadyDragonClawsEDW

Re: *stabs Bubba, to conceal the terrible secret OF SPACE*

Unread postby LadyDragonClawsEDW » Fri Jun 20, 2003 12:59 am

"I say we confront this person as soon as possible, so we can eliminate the possibility that they may become a problem in the future..." Aya ordered her chocobo to about face, gazing at the trail behind them, "Do you think she's following us right now?" She glanced to Atoujirou.

PreviousNext

Return to Gaera Main RPs