A series of unfortunate events. (Philsys RP, full)

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
Divinegon2130

Re: Just think of all the NPCs if we had just gone through.

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Wed Mar 12, 2003 12:17 am

Richard wasn't going to back down if he hadn't heard the mention of years. He was fairly young himself, and had little concept of years. So this was the first time that he heard someone bring their age into an argument. But Richard did have one thing that he could have used. Again, the very subtle hints of his past and his lycanthropy that sometimes got into his words came up.

Richard's eyes seemed to narrow as he said, "You sure haven't had worse years, then."

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Wed Mar 12, 2003 12:21 am

Dhargun walked up to Richard, so that his face was almost directly in his. He spoke in a softer voice, but it did not lack the edge he had before, nor the anger. "Listen, kid," he put extra emphasis on the word 'kid,' "I'm willing to bet my entire stash of gil on the fact that I've had worse years. I don't think you were killed by YOUR OWN BROTHER, forced to wander around in limbo for a century, which I must say, is QUITE painful, then finally get reincarnated into a body that is LESS than what I was used to beforehand." He glared at Richard, and if looks could kill, Richard would have been six feet under within seconds. "So...you lose." He finished it off with a grunt.

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Wed Mar 12, 2003 12:30 am

Richard had never heard any of this before. He had known little of death, and the way Dhargun was putting it to him was scaring him. Sure, maybe he did have a little guts, but Richard was still a little kid. He hadn't had to face the kind of facts that Dhargun was putting to him now.

Richard turned his head away from Dhargun, and moved his hair away from his neck, as if exposing it. It was Richard's sign of indicating that he was backing down from this one.

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Wed Mar 12, 2003 12:36 am

Seeing that he indeed had won this little battle, he eased back, keeping his arms crossed over his chest in a stance that said, Fuck off, you fucker. He turned to the others. "Anyone else with me?"

Kurt Dunniehue

Unread postby Kurt Dunniehue » Wed Mar 12, 2003 1:31 am

"Oi..." Cuimacc said as he stepped forward, gripping both of their collars in his respective hands. "Shut the fuck up." He said calmly to the both of them, casting them away from eachother as he rested one of his now free hands on his sword's hilt.

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Wed Mar 12, 2003 7:51 am

Xia sighed yet again. "Are you three going to fight in the streets? Such actions would be very counter productive at this moment, after all we are on a mission. Also if you haven't forggoten, you wish to kill the person following us, but I really suggest we perhaps interrogate him first? I mean we still know very little about our enemies..."

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Wed Mar 12, 2003 9:32 am

Ayri just rolled her eyes at the bravado and strutting going on between Richard and Dhargun. What really concerned her was what the man she had seen was doing in the city in the first place.

"Yes," she answered Richard, "I'm sure he's the same person as the one who followed us. I heard you mentioning a 'bird man' when you were walking out of the tavern, now I don't know what all that implies, but it seems to me to be a reference to the person who followed us, since he used birds to spy on us. So want to share exactly what it is you learned in there?"

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Wed Mar 12, 2003 4:55 pm

Dhargun turned away. "I see this isn't going to get anywhere. What building exactly did you see him enter?" He held his hand on the hilt of his sword.

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Wed Mar 12, 2003 5:20 pm

Richard had understood where Cuimacc's intervention was coming from, in addition to Xia's complaining. He and Dhargun HAD been arguing somewhat needlessly, and their arguing was detrimental to what was at hand. But that fact had to be put aside for now.

Richard turned to Ayri, and his eyes blinked a couple of times as he hesitated. Finally, he said, "Only that he's either feared or really liked around here." He gave a cautious look at Aya and Dhargun before adding, "Either of you want to guess which one it is?"

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Wed Mar 12, 2003 5:20 pm

"That one." Ayri pointed it out as discreetly as possible.

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Wed Mar 12, 2003 5:35 pm

Dhargun nodded. "Thank you." He began walking to it, keeping his hand on the hilt of his sword. He would settle the matter himself. He placed his hand on the door, and checked to see if it was locked.

Kurt Dunniehue

Unread postby Kurt Dunniehue » Wed Mar 12, 2003 6:40 pm

"Lady Aya," Cuimacc said, turning to the dragon-woman. "What do you believe we should do?"

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Wed Mar 12, 2003 10:04 pm

Ayri crossed her arms. "I'll tell you what we would do if we were still with my father's troup. We'd let him go and get himself killed, and walk away all the wiser for watching his fate. But then again, that's been the tradition of bards for a long time, and while we sing many songs of great heros, but bards themselves are rarely in them. Make of that what you will..."

LadyDragonClawsEDW

Unread postby LadyDragonClawsEDW » Wed Mar 12, 2003 10:41 pm

"Well Dhargun's plan sounds okay, minus the killing and animating the dead part..." Aya remarked, brushing a strand of red-brown hair from her face, "I want to get to the bottom of this, I don't think this guy is here to help us, afterall, he did say something along the lines of watching us fail..." she headed into the house after Dhargun.

This guy certainly knows more than what he's telling about this whole thing and I intend to find out what.

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=ladydragonclawsedw>LadyDragonClawsEDW</A]&nbsp; Image at: 3/12/03 11:02:12 pm

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Wed Mar 12, 2003 11:19 pm

Richard wasn't about to let Aya and Dhargun go in there without him tagging along as well. After all, he DID want to take out this guy right away.

Brushing his black hair back with his hand, just so that it wouldn't be in his way, Richard followed Aya and Dhargun into the house, keeping some distance from the latter. I'm the only one around here allowed to be one with the birds... this guy's just an impostor now.

Kurt Dunniehue

Unread postby Kurt Dunniehue » Wed Mar 12, 2003 11:43 pm

Cuimacc walked past Aya, stepping with long strides as he draws his sword slowly. He then slows, as he approaches the door, comign to a full stop directly to the right of it. He then puts his finger to his mouth, signaling silence as he waits for someone to open it.

LadyDragonClawsEDW

Unread postby LadyDragonClawsEDW » Thu Mar 13, 2003 12:04 am

Reaching out, Aya grasped the handle of the door with one hand, bringing back her other hand behind her, cupping it behind her back. Within her hand mana gathered, giving off a slight glow and forming a small fireball, in her palm and at the ready in case something behind that door intended to jump out and attack her.

The ryuuzoku gave a quick nod to Cuimac and gave the handle a twist, pulling the door open.

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Thu Mar 13, 2003 12:14 am

Ayri stayed behind the others, curiosity and rebellion getting the better of her father's common sense. As the door was ripped open, Ayri was standing behind Richard, having taken her Spellsong rod into her hands for the first time since leaving her father's troup.

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Thu Mar 13, 2003 12:53 am

As Dhargun touched the door's handle, the first thing he noticed is that there was absolutely nothing unusual about it at all. Before he could gather anything else, however, the queen had already gone in and pushed the door open, apparently mroe impatient than he to see what was inside. The door creaked open with even less effort than a normal door, and was obviously very well maintained.

Looking inside the building, the group sees what appears to be an abandoned shop. The walls are lined with dust-covered shelves, occasionally showing tipped over potion bottles, indicating that the shop at one point sold some sort of magical wares. However, in both of the back corners are old wooden stairwells leading up to a second floor, and between them are a set of double doors.

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Thu Mar 13, 2003 11:08 am

Dhargun walked quickly to the back of the storeroom, and pushed open the double doors. He wanted to end this now.

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Thu Mar 13, 2003 12:10 pm

Ayri had stepped in after Dhargun and the queen, staying near them for two reasons. One, she was just as curious as they were about what was inside, and two, she felt safer knowing she was around people much more competent than she was in such matters.

LadyDragonClawsEDW

Unread postby LadyDragonClawsEDW » Thu Mar 13, 2003 12:46 pm

"Ooooo..." Aya scooted into the room and began to check the abandoned store out, "I wonder what's in heeeeeree..." she grinned softly, her hoarding instinct nagging at her. She scoured the room thouroughly, ignoring her companions for now, "I bet there's some stuff Hakaril would have fun with in here...'specially if it's old..."

Kurt Dunniehue

Unread postby Kurt Dunniehue » Thu Mar 13, 2003 12:58 pm

Cuimacc walked through with slow, firm steps, taking one wide sweep around the room before looking up, into the rafters.

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Thu Mar 13, 2003 2:50 pm

Xia stayed outside with the Chocobos still, sitting on her brown one.

Very very boring,..... Still if he tries to get out another way I might notice him from here... Plusi f someone steals the chobos... well we could always hitch a ride on Aya... or walk.

She sighed again, and maintained her watch.

FlamingDeth

ONO. I forgot to change this last post. ;_;

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Thu Mar 13, 2003 4:08 pm

Aya scoured the shelves mercilessly, but to no avail. It seems that when this store was abandoned, the lotters thoroughly cleaned it out. Apparently, all that remained were a few empty bottles. Just as she was about to give up, however, she noticed a small bag, which appeared to be a little sewing kit. She had to wonder, however, if it would be worth it to bother bringing it with her, magical or not.

Looking around, Cuimacc saw a lot of dust, as would be expected from an old building such as this. The floor did, however, appear to have been sweeped fairly recently, which would indicate that the place was still being used for something. Looking up at the ceiling, he noticed that the rafters contained a few birds nests, all of which appearing abandoned, as well as a small hornets nest, another thing that was commonly found in abandoned buildings.

As Dhargun touched the doors, he noticed that while there was nothing unusual about the doors themselves, he could tell that the room inside practically radiated magic. In fact, he suspected that even those that could not normally manipulate the astral at all would be able to feel some of the energy inside. Nevertheless, he pushed the doors open.

As he did, a thousand sets of little, beady eyes turned towards the door. It seemed that this is where their tail had resided, as there were even more crows here than there were out on the road. They were everywhere -- on the floor, on tables, in the rafters, everywhere. In the back of the room he saw a small, cloaked person, kneeling in front of what appeared to be a stone alter, apparently praying.

Divinegon2130

Re: ONO. I forgot to change this last post. ;_;

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Thu Mar 13, 2003 5:25 pm

Richard, realizing the others were already getting to work, went inside as well, staying near Aya. In no way did he trust Dhargun, and he didn't want to help him anyway. Not after the staredown, at least.

However, he did nervously look at where Dhargun was going before he eventually turned back. His eyes were scanning the inside of the room. Richard was interested in anything even moderately unusual.

LadyDragonClawsEDW

Unread postby LadyDragonClawsEDW » Thu Mar 13, 2003 5:31 pm

Out of curiosity, Aya picked up the sewing kit and examined it a little. The object wasn't alien to her at all, afterall she had lived alone in Ayenee for a few years and had learned to take care of certain things herself. Blinking, she glanced over to Dhargun, frowning at him, "Hey what are you looking at?"

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Thu Mar 13, 2003 9:26 pm

Dhargun pointed. "That." He eyed the crows, not nervously, but interested. Of course, he was clearly outnumbered. He wouldn't dare try to destroy the guy praying right now. Well, maybe if he struck him right away...he lowered his head in thought.

LadyDragonClawsEDW

Unread postby LadyDragonClawsEDW » Thu Mar 13, 2003 10:16 pm

Aya peered over Dhargun's shoulder, her eyes going wide with shock, though she quickly strained to keep control over herself.

Oh holy shit you're kidding me!

"...I...see..." Aya replied calmly, observing the scene while peering around Dhargun, as standing on her tiptoes was slightly annoying and she didn't want to risk casting levitation at the moment.

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Thu Mar 13, 2003 10:28 pm

Dhargun spoke under his breath. "Do you want me to correct this problem? Or do you want me to sit still for now?" Whatever the answer was, he'd do it. He was getting paid for this, after all.

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Fri Mar 14, 2003 10:48 am

Ayri had started when she had spotted the crows, more than a bit disturbed. However, as they didn't seem to be doing anything hostile at the moment, she let them be, and waited for the queen to answer Dhargun's question.

Kurt Dunniehue

Wait, we're getting PAID?

Unread postby Kurt Dunniehue » Fri Mar 14, 2003 12:19 pm

"If worse comes to worse," Cuimacc whispers, slowing his stance, sheathing his sword and putting it behind him, placing one hand on his sheath, his thumb gently pressing against his sword's hilt as his other hand firmly grasps it's length. He then inchs forward with small 'scoots.' "I can fend off one wave of crows..."

((Cuimacc Enters Battoujutsu Stance))

Divinegon2130

Re: Wait, we're getting PAID?

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Fri Mar 14, 2003 2:17 pm

Richard's thoughts suddenly seemed to change. His raven side was now urging him to action - to do something about the other crows. They were unnerving him like no birds had done before.

While trying to force this urge down, Richard walked closer to the stairwells, saying to Dhargun, "Just clear the damn lot of them out... it's likely they're going to do something bad if you just sit there and wait."

Richard's hand went to his sword, a short sword, but a tool of self-defense regardless. He was anxious now... VERY anxious.

LadyDragonClawsEDW

Re: Wait, we're getting PAID?

Unread postby LadyDragonClawsEDW » Fri Mar 14, 2003 3:43 pm

"It's best not to do anything until they start attacking..." Aya muttered softly, "Let's just wait a few minutes and see if he does anything...if not then we'll have to grab his attention..."

FlamingDeth

*insert something witty here*

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Fri Mar 14, 2003 5:48 pm

And wait they did. After a couple minutes, they saw movement from the figure, reassuring them that he was actually alive. However, it was another ten before it even seemed that he noticed them. The figure stood and turned away from the alter, towards the group, who's patience seemed to be dwindling.

"I thank you for getting here so quickly, even if it was with a few hints, and for waiting patiently..."

The cloaked figure reached up and lowered the hood. To the amazement of the curious onlookers, it seemed that their stalker was a mere child. More than that, however, was that from the tone of his skin and a quick look at his facial features, they could tell that this boy was also a vampire.

"I'm certain you are all have a few more questions, though I may or may not decide to answer them." he said, a small grin never leaving his face. "But first, allow me to introduce myself. I am Geist, high priest of Reshtaha."

Dark Xia

Paranoid of cucumbers

Unread postby Dark Xia » Fri Mar 14, 2003 6:33 pm

Xia gave another of her pitiful sighs as she leaned back on top of the chocobo.

The others are probably having fun releasing their anger and annoyance on that guy. Should of gone in with them, no one would of cared.

Xia began tapping the chocobo's feathers with her index finger. That tapping slowly began to increase as desires swelled up inside her...

Divinegon2130

Re: Paranoid of cucumbers

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Fri Mar 14, 2003 9:18 pm

Richard took a couple of steps away from the stairwells. He was thoroughly unprepared for a vampire, especially one who served the god of death, and now his fear was swelling up inside his mind.

As he stepped backwards, his sword went in front of his face in a sort of defensive stance. No way was he letting a vampire catch him off guard... physically, anyway. He felt that the sight of the vampire had already caught his mind off guard, whether the vampire knew it or not.

LadyDragonClawsEDW

Unread postby LadyDragonClawsEDW » Fri Mar 14, 2003 11:13 pm

"A vampire..." Aya muttered, looking him over. The boy didn't seem to bear any resemblance to the ones that had attacked her a year or so ago one night, on the other hand he had be harassing them earlier.

"Okay pal why do you have your nose in our business?"

Reshteka...that's the god of death...and Ayra's boss...

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Fri Mar 14, 2003 11:14 pm

Ayri folded her arms, keeping her staff in one hand, and never relaxing her guard. "I see. So... why did you call us here?"

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Fri Mar 14, 2003 11:20 pm

Reshtaha. The god of death. Dhargun didn't follow him. He was somewhat agnostic, though forced to choose, he'd probably side with Nakibe. It didn't really matter, though. He was being mocked by a vampire. A vampire who should be wearing diapers, in his opinion.

"What the hell?" he demanded.

PreviousNext

Return to Gaera Main RPs