A series of unfortunate events. (Philsys RP, full)

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
JoshuaDurron

Re: So many posts in one day. I feel like a wombat now!

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Wed Mar 05, 2003 10:10 pm

"I think it's a guy thing," Ayri replied. "Booze is a sacred taboo to them, in mixed company."

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Wed Mar 05, 2003 10:26 pm

Richard was not interested immediately in the tavern, however. His first concern was returning to his human form - he had time to get his drink LATER.

He guided his chocobo towards the side of the tavern, convincing it to halt to the side of the door, and then hopped off. Almost immediately he walked over to the side, where hopefully no one could see him, and began the painful change to his human form.

(OOC: You determine whether he's seen doing this.)

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Wed Mar 05, 2003 11:14 pm

Riding up beside richards chocobo, Xia parked hers too. She quickly whispered before Richard began changing, "Go into a dakr alley or somehting before you do that!" Then turned to Ayri, sweating a little, if people saw Richard do this, things really wouldn't go well. "Hey Ayri... why don't you go in with the others.. I'll guard the chocobos... someone might try to take them you know..."

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Wed Mar 05, 2003 11:32 pm

Ayri nodded. "Good idea. Where are we headed?"

The young bard looked to Aya for the answer to that question.

LadyDragonClawsEDW

Unread postby LadyDragonClawsEDW » Thu Mar 06, 2003 1:38 am

"Uh...that border town...where Yuji was last seen..." Aya nodded, seeming a bit unsettled from the former experience.

Bah, I shouldn't be worried at all, just a demon... "Lead us on Cuimac..."

Kurt Dunniehue

*posts, rubbing much sore DM pokeing*

Unread postby Kurt Dunniehue » Thu Mar 06, 2003 1:59 am

He nods respectfully, then grunts harshly as he gives his Chocobo a small, gentle kick, speeding up it's pace as he rode through the center of the two. "So we won't be staying here then?"

LadyDragonClawsEDW

Unread postby LadyDragonClawsEDW » Thu Mar 06, 2003 2:10 am

"I'd rather not stay long but...I need a drink..." Aya doubled back to where Dhargun had gone, seeing as it was the only tavern in the whole town. She entered quietly, no grand flourish to announce her presence, afterall it wasn't exactly something that should be done in Riva, considering her position.

Kurt Dunniehue

Rabid Wombat: Gets +2/+2 for each enchantment on it.

Unread postby Kurt Dunniehue » Thu Mar 06, 2003 3:30 am

Cuimacc leads his Chocobo to the Tavern, where he secures it to a post, following Aya in quietly, taking good note of all the Tavern members...

((This is where he might notice someone suspicious, I suppose. :P))

Dark Xia

Re: Rabid Wombat: Gets +2/+2 for each enchantment on it.

Unread postby Dark Xia » Thu Mar 06, 2003 7:53 am

Xia blinked a bit again, "I will never understand why alcohol draws so many people so easily. Does this also mean the only reason we stepped into a strange foreign town was for this? Shouldn't we be buying supplies...looking for a place to stay? Eh, I'll never understand some things."

Dark Xia

*this post is dead*

Unread postby Dark Xia » Thu Mar 06, 2003 7:58 am

*sent to the oblivion that awaits all data*

Edited by: Dark Xia at: 3/6/03 1:37:05 pm

JoshuaDurron

Re: A series of unfortunate events. (Philsys RP, full)

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Thu Mar 06, 2003 11:03 am

((Kurt = MovieMan, one of our original RPers, under a new SN.))

Ayri shrugged to Xia and tied up her own chocobo. "I really don't get it myself, but there's no doubting that taverns with alcohol are one of the best places to find unexpected information or help. Also, one of the best places to find trouble. This time, though, I think I'll stay outside, as we're not planning on staying long."

With that, the young girl took a seat by the corner of the building, put a cup on the ground, and began singing. After all, she was a bard, and had found the need to sing for her supper more than once. It was a good way to pass time.

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Thu Mar 06, 2003 2:18 pm

(>.> my bad)

LadyDragonClawsEDW

Unread postby LadyDragonClawsEDW » Thu Mar 06, 2003 9:00 pm

"I'd just like a nice drink before I get to thinking about all this stuff..." Aya took a seat at the bar and spoke up to the tender, "Give me your hardest aside from Fusionaire...if you have that stuff.."

FlamingDeth

The plot does not thicken at all! Honest!

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Fri Mar 07, 2003 2:48 pm

Ayri began singing, quite well in fact. A few people, oblivious of the company she was keeping, walked by and dropped some coins in her cup. However, only a couple minutes into her performance, she saw a figure walk by. A small, robed figure...a moment later, it occured to her that this was the same person that she had noticed following them an the way here.

Meanwhile, in the bar, the tender turned to Aya. "Same thing for you as with your little friend over there." he said, gesturing to Dhargun. "The likes of you pay up front."

Dhargun's attempts at observing the "local hicks", on the other hand, seemed to have drawn some unwanted attention. A quite obviously drunk man at a corner table stood, soon followed by multiple others that were quite possibly more drunk than the first. They steadily stumbled towards the drow.

"Hey, whatcha starin' at, freak?" the drunken man slurred, supporting himself on the counter so as not to fall over. "Types like you are always out to make trouble. The bird man may have scared off the dragoons way back when, but we is more than enough to deal with crap like you..."

JoshuaDurron

Re: The plot does not thicken at all! Honest!

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Fri Mar 07, 2003 3:28 pm

Ayri almost broke tempo when she saw the hooded man walk past, but managed to recover and continue on without interruption. Deciding it was best to keep on with her street corner performance, she looked around for Ethra, wondering if the other woman had seen the hooded figure as well. Perhaps she would be able to do something a little more discreetly...

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Fri Mar 07, 2003 4:23 pm

Xia had been sitting on her chocobo, looking at the sky, lost in thought, she really hadn't paid too much attention to her surroundings during the time, and did not notice the cloaked man. she was lost in a world inhabited by the sky and Ayri's voice.

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Fri Mar 07, 2003 8:06 pm

Richard had ignored Xia completely during his shapechange back to human form. In fact, he completely ignored her even afterward, as he hadn't cared if others had seen him at that moment. As long as they didn't go insane because of it, he could have cared less about being seen during a shapechange.

After the shapechange, Richard entered the bar as well. He was considering a drink, but decided against it, not wanting to take any risks.

Richard, thus, took a seat and began listening in for any sort of information that would be considered interesting. Whether or not it was actually useful.

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Fri Mar 07, 2003 11:19 pm

Dhargun eyed the hick carefully, noting how best to kill him, should the need arise. "I don't know what you're talking about, SIR." He added an extra oomph to his 'Sir.' Though he wasn't being outright sarcastic, he wasn't fully without it. He made a mental note not to drink too much more. He wasn't fun to be around when he was drunk and pissed off.

LadyDragonClawsEDW

Unread postby LadyDragonClawsEDW » Fri Mar 07, 2003 11:55 pm

"Bird man? Richard?" Aya wondered outloud and slid the tender her money, "Here you go PAL..." Her voicec held the sweetest, most endearing tone, though bordering on the edge of sarcasm.

Man I hate Riva...

Kurt Dunniehue

Obligatory 'I'm here post' #2 and counting!

Unread postby Kurt Dunniehue » Sat Mar 08, 2003 12:31 am

Cuimacc sits at a seat at the corner of a bar, sipping a drink from a small cup as he scans the room again, looking for any suspicious patrons.

Dark Xia

Re: Obligatory 'I'm here post' #2 and counting!

Unread postby Dark Xia » Sat Mar 08, 2003 1:20 am

Xia blinked and returned to the real world as she realized she was letting her guard down. She could of easily been taken by surprise, she must not let this happen.

"Wark!"

"Shush, I don't need scolding from you too."

FlamingDeth

Da de da de da....

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Sat Mar 08, 2003 1:36 am

With a little more observation, Ayri noticed the small person continue down the street, but just before he was out of sight, he turned and entered a run-down building.

Back in the tavern, the group of unruly drunkards didn't seem to be planning on backing off. In clear view of Aya, Richard, and Cuimacc, the lead inebriated man roughly grabbed ahold of Dhargun's collar.

"I dun think ye understood me, trash. If ye ain't gonna leave, I'm--"

The man was cut off as a clicking sound was heard. Looking up, they found that the bar tender was pointing a crossbow at the drunkard's head. "Stop it. You know what the Bird Man will do if there's fighting, and we certainly don't want that...."

The intoxicated farmer slowly yet gruffly let go of the drow. "...fine. Ye got lucky this time, creep..."

With that, the customers all continued their drinking, but with an odd silence about the room.

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Re: Da de da de da....

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Sat Mar 08, 2003 1:39 am

Little did the drunk know, but Dhargun had his hand in his robe, on the hilt of his sword. He could have easily castrated the hick, but he got lucky. Besides, there were too many problems that would develop if he had castrated a man in open public. Drunk public, but that didn't matter. The sober people would learn eventually. He turned back to his beer, and sipped it. He hated these damn small towns.

LadyDragonClawsEDW

Unread postby LadyDragonClawsEDW » Sat Mar 08, 2003 1:45 am

"...who the hell is this bird ma-..." Aya stopped herself, "...hey it might be in our best interests to get the hell out of this town guys..." she glanced to her companions.

Bird man sure as hell can't be Richard...whoever that was that harrassed us earlier...they're here! They're here and trying to get in our way...shit and if the townsfolk like this guy....crap crap crap...

"Let's go...hey where'd Ayri go? Shit..." Aya left the tavern quickly, leaving her drink behind.

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Sat Mar 08, 2003 1:51 am

Richard was not liking what he saw. Bird man... crossbow being readied... rough arguing... Richard's worst fear had apparently manifested itself.

He saw it as the townspeople becoming fearful of him. And he didn't want that. That's when he noticed Aya leaving.

"Hey! Wait up!" Richard nearly shouted, as he dashed off after Aya, simply trying to keep up with her as best as he could.

Kurt Dunniehue

I am the master of 1 sentence posts.

Unread postby Kurt Dunniehue » Sat Mar 08, 2003 1:57 am

Cuimacc quickly finnished off his drink, putting down a few coins beside his glass as he walks out, his hand still clutched to his sheath, the thumb pressed gently against the hilt as he watches everything around him.

JoshuaDurron

Re: I am the master of 1 sentence posts.

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Sat Mar 08, 2003 10:45 am

Aya came out of the bar just as Ayri was finishing her last song, her eyes never leaving the building she had spotted the suspicious man entering.

The young bard quickly took up her meager earnings, pocketed them, and hurried over to the Queen as quickly as she could.

"Ma'am," she said as quietly as she could, "there's something odd going on in the town. And I'm not talking about the way outsiders are distrusted here."

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Sat Mar 08, 2003 11:17 am

Xia turned to Ayri and blinked "What do you mean?" She hadn't noticed the man entering the bar, or noticed anything else out of the ordinary.
"Wark!" Xia shushed her chocobo and turned her attention back to Ayri.

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Sat Mar 08, 2003 12:21 pm

Dhargun watched everyone leave, then followed them. He had an obligation, though it was only for the payment alone. "You know, this birdguy or whatever might be helping us. Well, he kept me from being barfed on by angry drunks, at least." He stood near Xia and Ayri.

Kurt Dunniehue

Just think of all the NPCs if we had just gone through. :P

Unread postby Kurt Dunniehue » Sun Mar 09, 2003 2:38 pm

Cuimacc walked steadily to his Chocobo, releasing it's reign's from the post. He walked it out while mounting it. "I believe we have more pressing matters. I advise that we should gather everyone and move on."

Dark Xia

Re: Just think of all the NPCs if we had just gone through.

Unread postby Dark Xia » Sun Mar 09, 2003 5:37 pm

"Well could we at least buy a little bit of food for the road before we move on? Also if we could get a tent or rope, it'd probably be a good idea... but I guess speed might be more important." She gave one of her her usual shrugs and sighs.

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Sun Mar 09, 2003 5:45 pm

"It's not just that," Ayri chimed in, "I think the guy who followed us on the way here lives in this town."

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Sun Mar 09, 2003 7:30 pm

"...what makes you say that?"

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Sun Mar 09, 2003 7:49 pm

"He walked by while I was singing on the street corner. He went into that building down there." She pointed down the street to the ramshackel old place she had seen the cloaked figure disappear into.

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Sun Mar 09, 2003 8:28 pm

"Well that's... So shall we flee immediately? Maybe we'll somehow lose him?" Xia looked even more gloomy.

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Tue Mar 11, 2003 11:52 pm

"Here's a thought." Dhargun spoke up, "Maybe we should find him, kill him, animate his corpse, and boom! We're done with anyone that wants to mess up what we plan to do. Simple, right?"

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Tue Mar 11, 2003 11:56 pm

Richard looked toward Xia and Ayri. "Wait a second... are you CERTAIN that's the guy that's been following us?"

Richard was indeed a bit skeptical. But if his point was true, then he had an idea. "Because if he is, I think we should just take care of him now. Saves us the trouble later." Of course, Richard was beginning to be uncertain that that was a wise decision, but it seemed to be the best idea to him currently.

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Wed Mar 12, 2003 12:05 am

Dhargun grumbled. "Welcome to the conversation. If you were paying attention, I JUST said that."

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Wed Mar 12, 2003 12:06 am

Richard turned his eyes maliciously to Dhargun. "And I'm being more uncertain than you are... SIR." He added the last part to indicate how unnerved he was about being talked to the way he was.

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Wed Mar 12, 2003 12:09 am

Dhargun didn't back down. He NEVER backed down. Even when he was obviously beaten, and he was nowhere near that now. "Well, in ANY case, it would be in our best interests to take the thorn out of our side before it cuts us in two. I've learned that over the years. And I've had a LOT more years than you, kid."

PreviousNext

Return to Gaera Main RPs