A series of unfortunate events. (Philsys RP, full)

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
Dark Xia

Re: Not been online for a while, many appologies.

Unread postby Dark Xia » Mon Jan 06, 2003 7:23 pm

"Excuse me miss but... might it be wiser to welll get that package to the Queen, THEN do whatever is done to people who insult the rulers of this place."

Do people fight about EVERYTHING AND ANYTHING here! IT helps business but.... it's so stupid!

FlamingDeth

...I should probably get the plot moving soon...

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Mon Jan 06, 2003 7:33 pm

The cloaked man, on the other hand, seemed stricken with awe.

"M...my queen!" he said, quickly bowing before Aya.

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Re: ...I should probably get the plot moving soon...

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Mon Jan 06, 2003 7:37 pm

Dhargun wasn't impressed with the Queen. "Hn. Just another bar-goer." He crossed his arms, still a bit tipsy.

MovieMan123321

And movement we have!

Unread postby MovieMan123321 » Mon Jan 06, 2003 7:44 pm

After noting the injuried man's exclamation, the bald man stepped back, and raised both his eyebrows. "I never imagined that you were royalty!"

He then did a half bow, and said, "Forgive me. I was merely testing your claim through your reaction."

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Mon Jan 06, 2003 7:47 pm

Xia paused and shut her mouth, lowering her head immediately.

This is the @%#!ing queen?!

"My deepest apologies for interrupting..." She took a step back, still looking down.

Edited by: Dark Xia at: 1/6/03 7:08:31 pm

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Mon Jan 06, 2003 7:58 pm

Meanwhile, Dhargun still stood, his arms across his chest, feeling no need to bow down to a queen that he wasn't really loyal to in the first place.

FlamingDeth

Lies and trickery. *hides movement*

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Mon Jan 06, 2003 7:59 pm

The bartender, Osbourne, seemed less impressed than all the others seemed to be. Of course, this may or may not have had anything to do with the fact that Aya performed these little 'excursions' fairly often. He merely smirked.

"So Aya, ye gonna wait till ye get back to th' castle to open that, or do ye wants t' just go in the back room and take a looksee?" Osbourne said, looking back to the wounded man. "...and fancy that, 'e's still 'ere, in case it needs explainin'..."

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=flamingdeth>FlamingDeth</A]&nbsp; Image at: 1/6/03 6:59:46 pm

LadyDragonClawsEDW

Unread postby LadyDragonClawsEDW » Mon Jan 06, 2003 8:02 pm

The queen smirked smugly and sat down at a table, ignoring Dhargun. "Now let's see what is in this package that needs my attention..." with that she began to unwrap the parcel.

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Mon Jan 06, 2003 8:19 pm

Inside of the hastily wrapped packaging, Aya found a small, beat-up looking book. Bound in plain brown leather, nothing seemed particularly special about it to pretty much anyone. On the other hand, those that frequented castle Doma may have seen it in the hands captain of the Royal Guard.

"...it's Yuji's notes on the recent case..." said the cloaked man, looking downcast. "He told me to give them to you before....before they got him..."

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=flamingdeth>FlamingDeth</A]&nbsp; Image at: 1/6/03 7:20:12 pm

LadyDragonClawsEDW

Unread postby LadyDragonClawsEDW » Mon Jan 06, 2003 8:24 pm

"They..." she gave the man a hard glare, a worried look on her face, "They who?"

Who the hell could take down Yuji..he was my best ninja...

FlamingDeth

*throws some plot and possibly conspiracy at people*

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Mon Jan 06, 2003 8:42 pm

He looked up at Aya, obviously disappointed in himself. "...I...don't know."

"Whoever they were, they found us just on the Valthi side of the Valthi-Rivan border..." the man said. "We were following up a lead from when the guy tried to smuggle in the gun to the castle. Upon further examination, we found that the weapon was strictly military issue, and would have never been released for public purchase. The guy who brought it in was connected with a small band of revolutionaries, who shouldn't have even had the resources to find smuggled goods at all, much less something so incredibly rare...we tracked the serial number on it back to a small Valthi research outpost. It was out of the way, so we thought that it would be fairly easy to get across the border and find out what we could about that, but..."

He glanced around at the very few people left, and then back to Aya. "....it was a trap."

LadyDragonClawsEDW

Re: *throws some plot and possibly conspiracy at people*

Unread postby LadyDragonClawsEDW » Mon Jan 06, 2003 8:56 pm

"Damnit...so Yuji..do you even know if he's still alive? We have to get him back..."

There's one of two ways I could go about this...the sneaky spying way and put myself in danger or the diplomatic political way...though the Valthi are rather elitist and I hardly know a thing about them...and it doesn't sound like what we're dealing with is legitimate Valthi government...hell from the way Kamos talks about the government all the time it sounds like they don't give a rat's ass about the people...I should read through this journal of his...

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=ladydragonclawsedw>LadyDragonClawsEDW</A]&nbsp; Image at: 1/6/03 7:58:24 pm

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Mon Jan 06, 2003 9:45 pm

Everything was happening too fast for Richard. He seemed rather alarmed that the supposed 'friend' of the queen was in fact the queen herself. He was even more surprised at what he found out regarding the package... he never tried to get a look at the book, but he was merely listening to what others were saying.

Now, Richard paid very little attention to royalty for the most part. However, he knew that whatever was going on, no one person could handle it. Not even a queen. And especially not if those who had injured the cloaked man were prepared.

Richard rested his head on the table, muttering something that sounded like, "She'd better not try to figure this out alone...."

(OOC: I'm going to leave it up to the individual RPers whether or not they heard Richard muttering. Unless the GM thinks otherwise.....)

MovieMan123321

Unread postby MovieMan123321 » Mon Jan 06, 2003 10:43 pm

The bald man stepped forward, and asked generally and firmly, "Where is Valthi, and what are they about?"

LadyDragonClawsEDW

Unread postby LadyDragonClawsEDW » Mon Jan 06, 2003 11:01 pm

"VALTH is a country north of here, a technologically advanced nation and all..." she lifted an eyebrow at the bald man as if to say "where the hell are you from".

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Mon Jan 06, 2003 11:10 pm

"What do you plan to do, your majesty?" Xia had tilted her head up a bit, but she was still not looking Aya directly in the eyes.

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Mon Jan 06, 2003 11:33 pm

Ayri , like the others, had bowed when the Queen had revealed her identity. Unlike the others, she knew enough about etiquitte to keep her mouth shut unless she was addressed directly. Although she was burning with curiosity, it was better to wait and listen to the Queen, and then throw out the unanswered questions, than annoy her by asking them first.

MovieMan123321

Unread postby MovieMan123321 » Tue Jan 07, 2003 12:07 am

"Well, your majesty," the Bald man said solemnly, "I am from Reohoden. I've come a long way, and I wish to complete my quest as quickly as possible."

Divinegon2130

Richard prepares to get yelled at.

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Tue Jan 07, 2003 9:21 pm

Richard remained unsure of what he was going to do about this for a while. The mention about Valth made him even more nervous.

Technologically advanced.... better weaponry and stuff... that means they probably also know what a wereraven is... and know how to deal with them.

Then Richard suddenly had another thought. He realized he would eventually have to face his fears SOMEtime... why not do it against someone who'd be more dangerous?

Shrugging off some of his fear, Richard stood up and approached Aya. "Your Majesty.... what do you think we should do about this?"

FlamingDeth

*smacks self into posting, with a monkey*

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Thu Jan 09, 2003 7:45 am

The cloaked man sat quietly for a moment, gauging those around himfor the proper opening in which to say more. After a moment, he found it.

"I don't know if he lives...he was alive when he sent me away, though..." he said, after things quieted down a bit. "But he also found something else on our way there, something in Kohlingen that was supposed to be delivered to the revolutionaries. Said it was really dangerous, but I never actually saw what it was...he was going to have me deliver it, too, but we were seperated before he could do so."

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Re: *smacks self into posting, with a monkey*

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Thu Jan 09, 2003 3:39 pm

"Hmm. Well, lemme ask you something." Dhargun stood straight for a second, and his drunkeness seemed to disappear for a second. "Do you think he lives?" And if so, is there a reward for finding him? was the unasked part.

FlamingDeth

*stuff then proceeds to happen, cause RP death is bad*

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Sat Jan 11, 2003 9:12 pm

"...it doesn't matter what I think." said the man, after a short wait. "What matters is that whatever that other package contained, it doesn't reach it's intended destination. If others aren't sent to get it soon, as I was hoping, I may have to go back out and try to get it again...."

Taking an obvious degree of effort, he finally stood, and slowly stumbled back towards the door.

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Re: *stuff then proceeds to happen, cause RP death is bad*

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Sat Jan 11, 2003 9:20 pm

"..."

Dhargun had to say it. "Is there a reward?"

MovieMan123321

*Si capitan!*

Unread postby MovieMan123321 » Sat Jan 11, 2003 9:37 pm

The bald man then moved quickly to the wounded agent's side, forcefully diverting him to a chair of a root. "You will not do this. You've done your duty, and you cannot perform it until you have rested."

The bald man then stepped back and opened his trench coat, producing a long sheated sword. Katana, specifically. He closed his eyes, and slowly unsheated his sword, letting only a small portion of the blade shine out.

"I, Cuimacc, sole heir of my Budo, shall bring this package safely back." Cuimacc then fully sheathed his sword, and returned it to its concealed place underneath his trench coat.

MovieMan123321

Re: *Si capitan!*

Unread postby MovieMan123321 » Wed Jan 15, 2003 2:15 am

((ooc: *Looks over his post* God damn I didn't know it sucked that much.))

FlamingDeth

Rar. e_e *prods Kate, Lorr, Xia, and Div*

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Wed Jan 15, 2003 1:59 pm

(OOC: Not yer fault here. *gets out GM poking stick*)

The man sat and watched Cuimacc's overdramatic display, ignoring Dhargun, for the most part. Upon completion of said display he turned away.

"...the decision on whether there is a reward, or for who can even go, is not for me." he said. "Rather, it is for the queen..."

Dark Xia

Re: Rar. e_e *prods Kate, Lorr, Xia, and Div*

Unread postby Dark Xia » Wed Jan 15, 2003 4:07 pm

Why do you even care to listen anymore? What do you care for the affairs of humans? Or anyone else for that matter.

I need a change in lie, I'm tired of just... staying at home.. and healing a few people now and then... I'm bored

So you'd prefer to just go some place for some queen who you barely care about even thoguh she's the quen of your land?

Eh, I'm really bored.

Xia stood silently, she was finally looking at the queen directly, not caring to keep her head down any longer.

LadyDragonClawsEDW

Unread postby LadyDragonClawsEDW » Fri Jan 17, 2003 2:05 am

Aya seemed unbothered by Xia's stares. In fact, she seemed not to notice when anyone was addressing her properly or not addressing her properly...though badmouthing the royals as the bald man had previously done had certainly got her attention.

She thought for a moment, staring off into space, then looking down at the book. "It's best to go to Khoelington and get to the bottom of this myself...intercept that package and find out what the hell it is...." she glanced at the ones surrounding her.

"And the lot of you are coming with me. You may ask why I'm hiring random people I've hardly known for a minute to aid me...well it's simple really. First of all, apparently I'm going to pay those who do help me..." she gave a slightly annoyed glance to Jim, the man who had stirred up this whole scene, "Second of all, you all now know some rather classified information and I'd rather you not be spreading news of this potential threat to the country throughout the city...." she paused again, "And lastly....I have no idea HOW to get to Khoelington..." she blushed a little, "My uh...sense of direction is terrible."

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Fri Jan 17, 2003 10:16 am

(( ::prodded:: ))

Ayri decided that this was the time to speak. "Very well, your highness. I, for one, don't have a job. But I'm afraid I'm not the greatest fighter."
She offered a slight shrug of her shoulders, as if to say, "What do you expect of an eightneen year old girl?"

MovieMan123321

Unread postby MovieMan123321 » Fri Jan 17, 2003 11:11 am

"Well..." Cuimacc says, walking towards the door. "I had a childhood friend who killed her first dozen ninja-assassin by the time she was sixteen."

He then leaned against a doorpost, and said "So who does know where this place is? So far we're two and zero."

Cuimacc stayed silent for another moment, waiting for a reply, but then said, "Of course, she did die before her seventeenth birthday."

LadyDragonClawsEDW

Unread postby LadyDragonClawsEDW » Fri Jan 17, 2003 12:42 pm

"Well.." she stated simply, "It's either that or I'd have to detain you all at the castle until this incident is resolved."

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Fri Jan 17, 2003 3:09 pm

"Hn. Well, as long as I get paid, you got yerself a minion." Dhargun's demeanor brightened quickly. "My name is Dhargun Torias, at your service." He let loose a melodramatic bow.

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Fri Jan 17, 2003 7:17 pm

Ayri shrugged. "Hey, I'd much rather be out doing something than wandering bars all day. Much less spending the next few weeks in jail."

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Sat Jan 18, 2003 1:38 am

.... I wonder if there's some rebel faction I can join against this queen if my grudge doesn't fade bythe time this is over with.

Xia gave a faint smile, "Well I guess we'll have to scout for directions then? There's probably some merchant that's traveled from there, or to there from here in his or her life."

MovieMan123321

Unread postby MovieMan123321 » Sat Jan 18, 2003 10:56 am

Cuimacc raised one eyebrow, and stated "What?" He shifted his back's weight on the doorpost, an then continued with, "Isn't this the queen of this country? She should just be able to send a message to her intellegence requesting a detailed map, compas, and astrolabe to be delivered to her inconspicuously on the outskirts of town."

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Sat Jan 18, 2003 12:58 pm

"Well let's see, she might pay her more if we do this quicker, second, it mgiht take time, third, it might alert someone to the fact that something is going on, who is to say a spy inside the castle didn't tell those people about the prior operation." Xia shrugged, "Whatever she decides will be fine of course."

Divinegon2130

Have the time and the information. May as well.

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Sat Jan 18, 2003 7:47 pm

Richard hated coincidences. Once Aya had said that the others knew information that was supposed to be secret, Richard was beginning to regret having come to the Ivory Horn that day.

Of course, that was said and done. The decision now was either 'come with her' or 'spend the next month in prison'. And Richard shuddered at the second thought. So his decision was that he'd come. And he wasn't in it for the money. Being paid took MUCH lower priority than staying out of prison for the wereraven.

After a short moment of thought, Richard then said, "Fair enough, your majesty. My name's Richard." He glanced around for a second and added, "Richard Danatrius, to be exact."

LadyDragonClawsEDW

Re: Have the time and the information. May as well.

Unread postby LadyDragonClawsEDW » Thu Jan 23, 2003 1:33 am

Aya looked pensive for a moment, considering all that was said, "Okay, for now we're going to return to the castle...Jim you're coming with us, I'm not going to leave you in this inn, we'll get some of our finest white mages to help you...also..there are more important bits of information concerning this event that we should discuss in private...I suggest the lot of you come with me..."

The queen paused to eye Dhargun for a moment, "You seem kinda familiar for some reason...anywho, follow me." the queen replaced the black mage hat upon her head and gave Jim a hand up, bracing him on her shoulder, "Can someone else give me a hand here please?"

MovieMan123321

Unread postby MovieMan123321 » Thu Jan 23, 2003 1:40 am

Cuimacc walks over, and picks Jim up by his colar, setting him on his feet as he supports him by his shoulder, competely taking the burden from Aya.

"I'm at your leave, M'lady."

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Thu Jan 23, 2003 7:49 am

Xia flexed her fingers a bit, forming them into strange obscure gestures. She watched the others expectantly waiting for them to move out.

Edited by: Dark Xia at: 1/23/03 8:07:32 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Gaera Main RPs