Something Wicked This Way Comes V2.0 PS

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
Uncle Pervy

YOU WILL RESPECT THE RUMOR MONGER!

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Tue Jan 28, 2003 2:28 pm

Inverse shrugs. "I didn't believe most of it. Just telling what I've heard. People are saying quite a bit about it."

He then stands up and walks over to Elan's table, hardly payying Joshua any mind. "Now," he says, "Perhaps you could tell me the truth, hmm? So we can end all this vicious disinformation about your family?"

WillBaseton
Self-Proclaimed Gaming Guru

Re: YOU WILL RESPECT THE RUMOR MONGER!

Unread postby WillBaseton » Tue Jan 28, 2003 3:50 pm

Ignes squinted, then walked right up to Elan, face-to-face with him.

"Your sister, eh? Would that be...that drow woman who hangs around Will sometimes? Uh...Amanda, was it?"

Uncle Pervy

Re: YOU WILL RESPECT THE RUMOR MONGER!

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Tue Jan 28, 2003 4:03 pm

Amanda... Amanda... Aman-!

"Amana Ill Bast!" Inverse exclaims, "That's who it was! That name's been bugging me for awhile."

Inverse then looks at Elan, and asks, "You're Amana's brother?"

There is so much potential here...

Edited by: Uncle Pervy  Image at: 1/28/03 5:31:10 pm

Vampire Jester Jinx

AAAAAAAAAH RAMPAGING DROWWWWWW.

Unread postby Vampire Jester Jinx » Tue Jan 28, 2003 4:37 pm

Elan clenched his fists together, irritated that his sisters name had been brought up. He forced himself to sit down once again, flicked his ears once and sat stonily facing foreward.

"Yes that is my big sister. But I would prefer, you did not tell me what you know of her."

For a person who usually backed down, Elan looked rather furious at the moment. Whether at himself, or at the several nosy people, it was hard to tell.

JoshuaDurron

Re: AAAAAAAAAH RAMPAGING DROWWWWWW.

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Tue Jan 28, 2003 4:42 pm

"Gentlemen."

I was hoping that my quite tone of voice would attract their attention. As I had no way of seeing if it had, however, I simply continued on. "This man is distressed, and has sought my council. If you do not intend to offer words that are for his encuragement and enlightenment, then I would ask that you please keep silent."

Uncle Pervy

Re: AAAAAAAAAH RAMPAGING DROWWWWWW.

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Tue Jan 28, 2003 5:27 pm

"Honestly," Inverse says, "If Amana's about, nothing good's going to come from it. So maybe it would be better to share with folks who have a better idea of what it all means.

"I didn't mean to come on so strong, Elan. Curiousity got the better of me."

Now shut your trap, Mainlander, he adds mentally, glancing toward Durron. I'm trying to get gold here!

JoshuaDurron

Durron: >_>

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Tue Jan 28, 2003 5:33 pm

I have not been around for fifty seven years to have such a person as this pull the wool over my eyes (so to speak). I could tell he had ulterior motives. I encounter people who have them every day, when looking for guides to take me about cities. And while I knew they could be helpful, I also knew that in a situation such as this, they could do as much harm as good. However it was not my place to decide who could be of aid, and who could not.

"My child, this matter is one you must decide. But you must say no more than you feel necessary." I kept my seat, running one hand absently along my staff. My last guid had disappeared, and I doubted he would aid me if trouble broke out. And I had a feeling it might...

FlamingDeth

Stabbing? :D?

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Wed Jan 29, 2003 1:25 am

Kumiko, after her short time of pondering, decided to attempts to use her previous experiences with the young drow to her advantage. She slid quietly out of her alcove in the tree's roots, into plain view of Elan. While she hardly changed location at all, and didn't do anything in particular to draw his attention, she thought that perhaps he would pick out her familiar, if slightly acrimonious face from the crowd.

There were a few thoughts behind this action. First, there was a good chance that Elan would note that she already had a good idea of what Amana was capable of. Second, Elan would almost certainly know that she wouldn't leave him be with this knowledge, and reveal to her more information about the situation. Lastly, while she knew that if Amana had ample time to plan, that she alone would be unable to stop her. However, at this point, there seemed to be many willing to aid in the extermination of the pest.

On the other hand, the aging human would be a problem. Almost certainly, he would find a way to come along. However, he was blind, and she was mute, so they would have quite the time trying to communicate...

Nick Shogun

Gren finally does something besides drinking.

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Wed Jan 29, 2003 2:35 pm

Bounty.

Money.

Death.

There were a hundred different thoughts rushing through Gren's head at the moment. None of them concerned any drows, or old, blind men, or stuck up pirates. Yes, Gren had gone through three mugs by now, but his ability to hold his liquor was almost godlike in a sense, and instead of losing consciousness and coherency, he was engrossed in thought.

"That man..." Gren's mind whirled as he spoke quietly to himself. "...I've seen him somewhere, haven't I? Too many names... too many names... A bounty? Yes, it must be. What did he do? Something dangerous? Killer? Rapist? Renegade wizard? I have no clue. I'm... I'm going to watch him. Follow him. There's a conversation. I can bide my time, and then snatch him up."

Vampire Jester Jinx

elan: holy butt monkeys batman! it's that crazy chick!

Unread postby Vampire Jester Jinx » Wed Jan 29, 2003 9:06 pm

Elan stroked his book in thought for a moment, his ears sticking straight out in a comical manner.

This is not going how I expected. Good Ashura, what am I going to do. I really can't get more advice on this subject now, as everyone is far too interested, and they'll end up hunting her down. I just want her to stop... I want no violence. WHAT AM I GOING TO DO? And why is the world so nosy?

Elan stood a moment in contemplation, then turned to address the crowd assembled when he spotted a familar face.

His eyes popped wide, his mouth dropped open and ... it almost appeared that his cheeks turned a darker shade. The young drow scrambled backwards a few steps and gaped.

"Do not touch me, fiend!"

Edited by: Vampire Jester Jinx  Image at: 1/29/03 8:46:12 pm

WillBaseton

Re: Gren finally does something besides drinking.

Unread postby WillBaseton » Wed Jan 29, 2003 9:32 pm

"Fiend?"

Ignes looked around, confused.

Vampire Jester Jinx

ELan: SHEEEEEE DID ITTTTTTT.

Unread postby Vampire Jester Jinx » Wed Jan 29, 2003 9:49 pm

Elan blinks a moment and looks at Ignes. He then merely looks towards kumiko again, and ceremoniously points towards her, repressing a look akin to mild fright.

Uncle Pervy

Inverse schemes again.

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Wed Jan 29, 2003 10:03 pm

Inverse just smiles again.

So she's going to reveal something after all...

He then watches Elan, hoping the Drow reveals something interesting about the silent high elf. One does not call another a fiend without reason.

JoshuaDurron

Re: Inverse schemes again.

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Wed Jan 29, 2003 10:23 pm

I was not sure what to make of 'fiend'. I knew that there was no such thing nearby, or I would have been able to sense it. I suspected, rather, that someone that my friend was afraid, and mortally so, had appeared. I quickly took to my feet, but really had no way of doing anything else, other than standing and listening carefully, hoping to catch what was said...

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Re: Inverse schemes again.

Unread postby Idran1701 » Thu Jan 30, 2003 2:41 am

Idran notices this odd development. He had been biding his time, trying to find the best moment to insinuate himself into the conversation, and introduce himself to the group. This new occurance may be it. For now, however, he will simply wait and see what occurs.

FlamingDeth

HAR HAR HAR I ARE FIEND.

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Thu Jan 30, 2003 4:16 am

Kumiko smirked at the young drow's reaction. It was...appropriate. It showed that at least one of the dark elven breed still knew their place. However, Kumiko would accomplish nothing at the moment by stressing Elan out until he died of a heart attack.

Slowly, she drew her dagger, the same one that Elan had seen before. Then, just as slowly, she placed it on the table next to her, and took several steps away. Perhaps, now that she was unarmed, the infernal creature would calm down.

She wasn't worried about someone attempting to steal her weapon...woe be to the would be thief who attempted to abscond with the blessed artifact, wieldable only by the servants of Falis.

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Re: HAR HAR HAR I ARE FIEND.

Unread postby ChristianC » Thu Jan 30, 2003 4:55 am

Alejandra watched all this with interrest. She couldn't put her attention away from the small group of people that had now gathered...

When the woman placed the dagger on the table, the innate curiosity of her kind got the better of Alejandra. She got up from her chair and moved closer, trying to see what was so special with this weapon... Unfortunantly she stumbled on something, for a few moment she waved back and forth without making a sound, her eyes open in surprise, then, with a grace that would embarrass an orc she fell. Reacting on pure instinct, she grabbed at whatever was closest, which accidently happened to be the robe of Kumiko.

FlamingDeth

...unexpected. o_O

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Thu Jan 30, 2003 5:16 am

Kumiko waited silently, biding her time until the younger Ill Bast decided that she wasn't there to violently murder him, as it seems he thought she was intending to do. Or at least, that was her plan, which was promptly interupted by a sharp pull on the back of her robe.

This was certainly not part of the plan. However, one of the lessons that Kumiko had learned in all her years of life was to react quickly, as delays could cost one their life. As such, she let trained reflex kick in, and with a quick twirl, she had the unfortunate nekojin on the floor and in an elbow lock, and wasn't about to let go until she was certain that there was no threat at hand...

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

You could say that, yes. Ó_Ò

Unread postby ChristianC » Thu Jan 30, 2003 5:32 am

Alejandra wimpered. Why did this stuff always happen to her?

She took a deep breath and tried to ignore the pain in her elbow.

"Ahh..." She began, not really sure what to say. "...Sorry?"

FlamingDeth

...not that it helped to keep Elan sane...

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Thu Jan 30, 2003 5:49 am

Kumiko stood there a moment, taking a deep breath. slowly, she let off the pressure from the uncomfortable catgirl's arm. Standing, she retrieved her tea, keeping a careful and suspicious eye on Alejandra now, as well as the drow.

JoshuaDurron

Unexpected... and confusing

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Thu Jan 30, 2003 11:47 am

The silence had bothered me a great deal. I was not sure what was going on, although I did hear the sound of something heavy being placed on the table. Seconds later, the sound of a scuffle erupted, but that, too, quickly ended. I could do nothing, now, but wait. I suspected that if something were to happen now, it would come from the young man who had asked for my help...

Vampire Jester Jinx

elan: *gibbers like a two week old puppy*

Unread postby Vampire Jester Jinx » Thu Jan 30, 2003 12:47 pm

Elan noting that the quite deranged elf was seemingly trying to be peaceful, he approached the table again. Then of course the catgirl had her mishap, but he tried his level best to ignore it.

He shook his head so his beads on the end of his braids clinked together slightly and sat down, folding his hands over his tome.

"If you all are so determined to make my life uneasy until you hear my private business, then sit down and you can listen as I try to get some advice."

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Re: elan: *gibbers like a two week old puppy*

Unread postby Idran1701 » Thu Jan 30, 2003 1:06 pm

It does not sound to Idran as if this Elan will be that receptive to help at any time in the future. However, it also sounds as if he desires it anyway, at least to some degree. Thus, there will probably never be any more fitting time for Idran than this to make his introduction.

"Excuse me. Although you seem to have plenty of others already attempting to help you, I would also like to offer my services, and give assistance in whatever it seems is troubling you currently."

Vampire Jester Jinx

elan: NOT ANOTHER ONE! GEEZ PEOPLE!

Unread postby Vampire Jester Jinx » Thu Jan 30, 2003 1:20 pm

Elan extends his hand to beckon Idran to join them.

"I cannot say that I want help, Sir. But merely to make my situation plain, and get some helpful advice from someone more experienced in the world than I am. But you are most welcome to take a seat, and hear me out, what happens from there, I cannot guess."

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Re: elan: NOT ANOTHER ONE! GEEZ PEOPLE!

Unread postby Idran1701 » Thu Jan 30, 2003 4:32 pm

"Thank you, although I do not know how experienced I would be considered. However, I will make my best effort to assist you in your problem."

IM: And I will try to better evaluate the situation next time.

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Thu Jan 30, 2003 5:01 pm

Inverse nods. "Just start whenever you're ready. and don't worry, nothing will keave this table."

And I mean it this time!

Well... I might tell Raina...

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Thu Jan 30, 2003 6:03 pm

It seemed to me that things were now settling down, so I took my seat once more, and prepared to hear the full version of my friend's story.

Nick Shogun

Motivation...

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Thu Jan 30, 2003 10:16 pm

Gren was certain. This was one of the people he was looking for. There had been doubts, of course. Gren's memory was not flawless, and faces were not his strong suit. But the commotion had made it clear to him that if anything was to be done, then he would be forced to do it soon. He needed only wait until his adversary was alone, and by the looks of it, that would be quite some time.

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Re: Motivation...

Unread postby ChristianC » Fri Jan 31, 2003 4:08 am

Alejandra rose from the floor, a tad bit embarrassed.

"I-I'm terribly sorry." She excused herself, bowing deeply to the woman. "Is there anyway I can make it up for you?" She thought through her entire index of skills and finally settled with her most useful one. "I... I am a pathfinder by profession, would you perhaps require my service? For free of course."

IM : And perhaps I will learn more about this tower...

FlamingDeth

All we need to do is dance.

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Fri Jan 31, 2003 6:20 pm

Tea in hand, Kumiko proceeded to the table where Elan had stationed himselfpulling up one of the remaining empty seats. However, she still kept her eye on the catgirl, who may yet prove useful. On the other hand, it seemed that Elan wished to rectify whatever situation Amana was in without violence, and the thought of letting the drow wench go peacefully just wasn't appealing at all...

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Re: All we need to do is dance.

Unread postby ChristianC » Tue Feb 04, 2003 5:04 am

(<span style="color:fuchsia;">OOC -Errr... WTF? I thought this RP had a once per day post-thing?</span>)

Nick Shogun

All we need to do is dance. AND EAT CAKE.

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Tue Feb 04, 2003 2:40 pm

Gren's lips curled in anger. He was tired of just sitting and watching. Nearing the cat girl, he shoved her aside. "You should leave. You're making a fool of yourself." His cold, icy stare was certainly enough to convey the message to the foolish nekojin.

Gren stopped several feet from the table, now filled with pathetic-looking warriors, and moved his shoulders, unlocking the harness that held his sword and sliding it into his right hand. He pointed it at the back of Kumiko's head, the tip very close to contact with her neck, his grim face a constant reminder that what he was doing was for the sake of justice.

"Miss... perhaps we could have a word outside?"

It was spoken like a question, but it was obviously a command.

Uncle Pervy

Re: All we need to do is dance. AND EAT CAKE.

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Tue Feb 04, 2003 4:27 pm

Inverse was watching quietly. That display of the Elf's abilities was really quite fascinating. He didn't suspect that she would know such moves.

Now, he was really interested in her.

As for the mercenary... Well... Inverse was quite certain the Innkeep would care for any sort of violence within the inn. And he was fairly certain the elf could take care of herself.

And if not... Lending people a hand always did wonders to loosen their lips.

WillBaseton

Unread postby WillBaseton » Tue Feb 04, 2003 4:37 pm

Ignes looked to Inverse, thinking.

"So...what next?"

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Tue Feb 04, 2003 4:57 pm

"Let it play out," Inverse replies.

Three Sheep, he mentally added, designating that Ignes' nickname until he could find out how much truth that rumor held.

FlamingDeth

*throws axes at people from the roof*

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Tue Feb 04, 2003 5:07 pm

Kumiko slightly bowed her head and set down her tea. I don't think so...thought she. She stood, as if to accompany Gren outside. However, as she stood, her hands were in motion, fromin a subtle yet complex pattern in the air. As she reached full height, Kumiko vanished completely from view.

As soon as she gained invisibility, she ducked cuickly to the side, silently maneuvering aorund the table. While she wasn't sure what this man was after, one thing Kumiko was certain of was that if there was an opportunity to thwart the wickedness of the drow witch Amana that she was going to take that opportunity...

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Re: *throws axes at people from the roof*

Unread postby Idran1701 » Tue Feb 04, 2003 6:59 pm

IM: Hmm, interesting. Never seen an invisibility spell used before. Wonder if it works through illusion masking, or the manipulation of light. Of course, it could have been a teleportation spell, but I've noticed...

Idran decides to fill the time waiting for the story to commence with magical theorizing, seeing as he has never met his new-found compatriots before.

Uncle Pervy

*Catched axes with his hat and whips them back*

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Tue Feb 04, 2003 8:20 pm

"That was unexpected," Inverse says.

Fighting skills, and either invisiblity or teleportation. Times like these I wish I could sense auras

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Re: *Catched axes with his hat and whips them back*

Unread postby ChristianC » Wed Feb 05, 2003 4:06 am

Alejandra stared at the rude man. If there was something she'd learnt on her travels, it was not to accept those sort of things.

As soon as the elf, Kimiko, disappeared Alejandra drew up her courage.

"Hey!" She began, pushing Gren in the back. "Just who the hell do you think you are?" The man was obviously insane, you just don't draw weapons on people, especially in a crowded place like this...

Vampire Jester Jinx

Re: *Catched axes with his hat and whips them back*

Unread postby Vampire Jester Jinx » Wed Feb 05, 2003 4:14 am

<span style="color:red;font-family:verdana;font-size:medium;">ooc: refer to the something wicked thread in the ooc forum for the reason of my absense. and wait til tomorrow, then i will gleefully gm all of your asses. Image ! )</span>

PreviousNext

Return to Gaera Main RPs