Something Wicked This Way Comes V2.0 PS

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
FlamingDeth

Re: Uh-huh. MOVE PLOT.

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Fri Feb 21, 2003 7:22 pm

Kumiko scoffed at Gren in her mind. Elan didn't ask for most of these people, he seemed to have come merely for the advice of the aging human, and the bounty hunter was simply becoming an obstacle to everyone's progress.

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Fri Feb 21, 2003 7:24 pm

I was rapidly becoming highly, highly annoyed with the man who was asking all the loud questions, and had earlier been trying to collect bounties. However, he was not my true concern at the moment, and I must admit that I, too, was curious about matters very similar to what he had just asked about. So I decided to simply wait and see (figuratively speaking) what would happen next.

Vampire Jester Jinx

Unread postby Vampire Jester Jinx » Mon Feb 24, 2003 2:42 am

Elan slammed his hands down on the table, for once his voice ringing with fury, instead of his usual controlled tone.

" I DID NOT ASK FOR THEM. I merely wanted some advice from this one man. However it seems, I have inherited the whole lot of you. And if you do not let me tell my story in peace, I shall leave, your needs for gossip, information, entertainment and bounty be damned!"

He drew a sharp breath and cast an irritated glance around the room, while he preffered peace, and not raising his voice, he like all beings, could reach his level of annoyance.

"Shall I continue?" His voice had a controlled edge.

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Mon Feb 24, 2003 2:48 am

The Second loud and stupid over there steps in a good enough puddle, I'm lighting it up with a Bolt spell Inverse resolves, repressing the urge to glare at Gren.

Instead, he looks at Elan and says calmly, 'Please, continue. And feel free to ignore any... interruptions from others."

Maybe I'll put a bounty on his head, and see if he turns himself in...

WillBaseton
Self-Proclaimed Gaming Guru

Unread postby WillBaseton » Mon Feb 24, 2003 2:51 am

Ignes nodded silently.

"Please go on, sir..."

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Mon Feb 24, 2003 5:09 am

Alejandra puffed as she heard the bounty hunters remark on cattail.

"Please, continue..." She muttered, looking back at Elan.

Nick Shogun

You're all so DAMN mean.

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Tue Feb 25, 2003 2:00 am

Gren could certainly understand that he wasn't the most well-liked person in the room, but from the glares he was getting, Gren could safely say he wanted to KILL EVERYONE AT THE TABLE. Bounties be damned-- Gren was here on business. As a matter of fact, he was far too irritated to focus on Kumiko, so what WAS he doing here?! His rage, surpressed by his common sense, urged him to sit down a while longer and listen in.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Re: You're all so DAMN mean.

Unread postby Idran1701 » Tue Feb 25, 2003 4:19 am

Idran is about to say something in the line of nearly everyone else at the table, when he sees Gren's reaction to recent events.

IM: ...I should probably keep quiet right now, and hope he hasn't noticed me. I'd really prefer to not die later.

FlamingDeth

...only because Gren is an asshole. o_o

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Tue Feb 25, 2003 1:07 pm

Kumiko merely took one final sip from her tea, and set the now empty cup down. There was no point in trying to reason with this man, as he was clearly insane and not worth her time. She waited pateiently for Elan to continue his story.

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Re: ...only because Gren is an asshole. o_o

Unread postby ChristianC » Tue Mar 04, 2003 4:57 am

(*BUMP* People!

[edit] Use OOC brackets, please. -Rydia-)

Edited by: pd Rydia  Image at: 3/4/03 5:13:32 pm

JoshuaDurron

STUFF!

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Tue Mar 04, 2003 3:15 pm

I was waiting for Elan to continue his story, feeling more and more ill at ease with some of my companions at the table, when I caught the sound of a porceline cup on a saucer. It definitely came from our table, but I could think of no one I had heard so far who would seem the type to drink tea...

Elan hadn't ordered any during our conversation, the apparent bounty hunter, the rumor monger, and the third rough sounding man I had heard would probably want something stronger, the young girl who had bumped into the bounty hunter earlier probably wouldn't have been able to hold onto her drink after that. The only conclusion I could draw was that there was another person at the table, and one who I had not heard speaking yet...

However I would simply have to wait until after Elan's story was over worry about that. I waited patiently for him to start again.

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

BLIND GUY!

Unread postby ChristianC » Wed Mar 05, 2003 3:17 am

((OOC - Sorry Dia...))

Alejandra looked at the people around the table, and her gaze fastened on the old priest, apparently blind.

She looked at him and she kind of reminded her of her father, not that it mattered, but deep inside she still felt bad about leaving her family... But that was long ago, and besides, she could go back anytime. She smiled slightly and pushed the thought away.

Uncle Pervy

Re: BLIND GUY!

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Wed Mar 05, 2003 4:13 am

Inverse was still waiting to hear the rest. while plotting grisly fates for those who would interfere.

At least that elf knows to keep her mouth shut and not antagonize someone trying to spill thier guts. So very curious, she is...

FlamingDeth

OMFG.

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Wed Mar 05, 2003 8:00 pm

(OOC: For the benefit of Mr. Cordéus)

Kumiko sat quietly, hands folded on her lap, waiting for the rest of the story. Some things here didn't quite add up. On one hand, this bounty hunter seemed to know quite well who she was. On the other, the rumour-monger seemed to have no clue whatsoever. How she could escape the ears of one yet be known well by the other eluded her...

Nick Shogun

EVIL RISING.

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Thu Mar 06, 2003 3:13 pm

Elan had been silent for quite some time at this point, and Gren was getting irked. Very irked. EXTREMELY irked. He coughed and then gazed at the blade of his sword, running his black gloves up and down near its jagged edge.

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Re: EVIL RISING.

Unread postby ChristianC » Fri Mar 07, 2003 3:12 am

Alejandra glanced at the bounty hunter when he coughed, and her eyes widened as she saw what the man was doing. Moments later they constricted into two slits as she frowned deeply at the man.

"Geez, some people" She thought.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Re: EVIL RISING.

Unread postby Idran1701 » Fri Mar 07, 2003 4:05 am

Meanwhile, just in case, Idran starts to prepare escape options. Hopefully, they won't have to be used, and in fact Idran would like to put off using them as long as possible, but seeing the annoyed glances being traded about and threatening actions from...some, better safe than sorry.

Vampire Jester Jinx

Back and covered in bruises and stitches!

Unread postby Vampire Jester Jinx » Tue Mar 18, 2003 2:59 am

Elan shifted a wee bit, suddenly sorry for his outburst. He rearranged his collar, his slim fingers flittering over his clothes as he formed what he would say next.

"My only guess is, it's for use as a decoy."

He held up a hand to stop any questions for a moment, and cleared his throat.

"Amana and the copy then went down into the lower reaches of the tower, where her altar and more devious experiments are conducted. I however, had my curiousity running in full, so I snuck upstairs. I know this was pushing my luck, but I was hoping that perhaps the black mage girl was up there, and it was not what it had seemed to be."

The younger brother Bast, paled for a moment, a truly odd sight, his dark flesh for a moment seeming a sickly shade of grey blue about the face. He once again tugged at his collar and ran a hand through his beaded hair.

"When I reached her study...It was in the oddest disarray. Every inch of the wall was covered in maps of all the countries of Gaera. But mostly insanely detailed hand written maps of the countries of Igala. Every city had large amounts of notes attached, however, they were written in some sort of code, I'm afraid I couldn't read them. But circled around the principle city of doma was large blots or red ink, frantically scribbled about."

"Even stranger, piled on her desk, nearly obscuring it, were holy texts. Many of which were the books of Ashura and Ishtar. If you know my sister, you can see how this is peculiar..."

Uncle Pervy

Re: Back and covered in bruises and stitches!

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Tue Mar 18, 2003 3:08 am

Inverse nods. There was a lot here to be digested.

He didn't believe in gods, not like most people did. They were powerful, sure, but a bunch of plagiarers so far as he was concerned, claiming credit for things they didn't do. Hell, he met a man who almost became a god once! If that wasn't proof of their lack of true absoluteness, he didn't know what was!

However, that didn't mean he wasn't wise enough not to tempt them too much. And he knew stuff involving divinities on this level was bad news.

Still, it was news...

And in the bottom of his heart, he wanted to see that map.

"What happened next?" he asks, "Did you see what she, or he, or whatever wanted with those books?"

Edited by: Uncle Pervy  Image at: 3/18/03 2:13:16 am

Vampire Jester Jinx

Unread postby Vampire Jester Jinx » Tue Mar 18, 2003 3:28 am

The black skinned man turned his eyes towards the mage who had questioned him. Closing his eyes, he began to speak in an even, important tone, the sort of tone used for reciting something of great worth.

"At one time, all was Pure Chaos.

Then, from and by the Nature of Pure Chaos, was born Structured Chaos, otherwise known to some as Existence.

The birth of Structured Chaos was the Beginning of It All."

The first to emerge from Structured Chaos came to be called Ishtar, the Mother of All. From her Chaotic Birth she inherited half of the known Knowledge of Chaos. "

"The second Being to emerge from Structured Chaos was Primaer, the Father of All. He inherited the remaining half of the legacy of Chaotic Knowledge."

"Pure Chaos might have reabsorbed Structured Chaos, if not for this. When the Mother of All and the Father of All combined their knowledge, their power became equal and balancing to that of Pure Chaos. In this manner did the First Two, Guardians of Structured Chaos, secure their Immortality."

He paused a moment, as if recalling something else, inhaled, puffing out his small chest, and began his recitation again.

"Everything is born of the Purest form of Chaos, which in itself is beyond the Comprehension of Mortals; the opposite of all Chaos is Nothingness. "

At this the priest's voice cracked, but onward he continued, eyes screwed shut.

"From Pure Chaos were born many things, most of which have since returned to Pure Chaos. There were and are only two things which emerged from Chaos that continue to Be, separate from Pure Chaos. They are Structured Chaos and the force known as Entropy. "

"Entropy wishes to bring all to Nothingness. Should It ever succeed, Nothing will Be, and all of Pure and Structured Chaos will cease Being. Once achieved, Nothing will never allow for there to be Chaos again. Nothing and only Nothing will ever Be from then on."

There was a lengthy pause, the different meanings and significances slowly making their way through the minds of his audience, the air of the inn seemed somewhat thick and uncomfortable.

His brilliant blue eyes opened, and he said in a quiet voice.

"These two passages were outlined heavily, to the point of nearly ruining the page with ink. Do any of you know the book which I qoute?"

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Tue Mar 18, 2003 3:48 am

Inverse snorted. He couldn't help it. Plagiarism clear as day!

"It's one of those faerie tales that one of the older faiths hold," Answers the Black Mage. "and not even half of them agree on it. But... given the whole emphasis on chaos... I seems clear why Amana would be so... interested in them."

Vampire Jester Jinx

Unread postby Vampire Jester Jinx » Tue Mar 18, 2003 4:03 am

An immediate change of posture took hold of the priest, instead of the informal, slouching posture of the constant bookworm, it became strict and guarded, his shoulders levelling themselves and his gaze turning from candid to a masked but rather ugly emotion.

Such words felt like attacks on him with knives. Elan believed with all his heart in the writings of these books. In their importance, and in the knowledge held within. To hear them so carelessly disregarded made him feel open and unprotected, as if his skin had been scraped away.

"It may not be that obvious, I think the implications found there go a bit further then her simple devotion to chaos."

One of his hands darted into the folds of his robes, and pulled out a very small book bound in leather, and placed it upon the table.

"I also found this."

His eyes locked on the book, glaring at it like something that was ready to either claw or bite at him.

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Tue Mar 18, 2003 4:08 am

Inverse knew that he hit a mark. So he let it go. It was only the rabid proselytizer faithful he ever really pressed the argument with.

"Sounds like she's crazy enough to try and do something with it." He suggests instead.

Also, he looks at the book, very very curious as to why Elan found it so repungent.

Vampire Jester Jinx

Unread postby Vampire Jester Jinx » Tue Mar 18, 2003 4:13 am

Etched upon the cover, in the writing style of the drow, it was simply titled, "The Creation of the Underdwellers". Beneath this was a rather morbid sketch of a spider bearing a woman's face.

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Tue Mar 18, 2003 4:17 am

Drow Creationism...

"Odd, that..." he notes. "What did she mark up in that book?"

FlamingDeth

GRR NO POSTING LIKE THAT WITHOUT LETTING OTHERS POST. >_&

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Tue Mar 18, 2003 6:24 am

Kumiko raised here eye at this new one. She was a priestess of Falis; the commonly quoted history of creation was all too familiar, though it was curious as to why the drow witch would be so interested in it. It would be far more interesting if she could see the notation written in it, but either way, it was information.

This new book, however, was far more suspicious. It was without doubt that Amana would be so interested in creation for the sake of undoing it. For this, though, she would have no need of extra knowledge of the origins of the Drow. This, coupled with the maps, led the high elf to believe that there was something else discovered, pertaining directly to those locations pinpointed on the map...perhaps just the coded writing on the maps, or some other document which led to the writing...

JoshuaDurron

THE SAME AS WHAT FD SAID

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Tue Mar 18, 2003 1:40 pm

I couldn't help but find my blindness a bother in this situation. So I naturally poked a little farther into the matter. "Forgive me, but may I ask what 'this' is, and to what it pertains?

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Re: THE SAME AS WHAT FD SAID

Unread postby Idran1701 » Tue Mar 18, 2003 11:30 pm

"It's a book entitled 'Creation of the Underdwellers,' apparently containing Drow creation beliefs. And I assume this...spider-woman on the cover has some significance to the Drow?"

WillBaseton
Self-Proclaimed Gaming Guru

Re: THE SAME AS WHAT FD SAID

Unread postby WillBaseton » Tue Mar 18, 2003 11:32 pm

Ignes nodded.

"That 'spider-woman' is Lolth, the goddess of the drow..."

Nick Shogun

Hommie.

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Wed Mar 19, 2003 9:37 pm

"An anarchist..." Gren muttered to himself. "I've seen enough to know that they're trouble... especially when combined with the mischeviousness of a Drow."

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Eheeehehehehehe!!!!

Unread postby ChristianC » Thu Mar 20, 2003 3:09 am

Alejandra looks around at the others with a confused look, finally she can't hold it back anymore and she asks with a bit of an embarrassed look:

"What's a drow?" She immediatly regrets asking the question, but there's really not much she can do.

Nick Shogun

LAUGH.

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Thu Mar 20, 2003 6:58 pm

"Amateur," Gren murmured, smirking at the nekojin.

JoshuaDurron

NO.

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Sat Mar 22, 2003 3:00 am

"A drow, my child," I said, "Is a so-called 'dark elf'. As far as I know they live underground for the most part, are often mischevious, and generally elf like on the whole, only dispised for their mostly mischevious ways. I, however, have met more than one drow who was not only trustworthy, but honorable in his actions. And as our friend Elan has said that his sister is a dark elf, then it would be safe to draw the conclusion that he is one as well, although presumably one of the trustworthy variety."

Vampire Jester Jinx

Re: NO.

Unread postby Vampire Jester Jinx » Mon Mar 24, 2003 11:49 pm

Elan nodded, visibly looking drained, the comment irked him and amused him at the same time. His mind drifted about, pondering the fact that someone as a child was not raised to know horror stories involving his race.

"You could sum it up that way, I guess."

Everything was too crowded, his presence was being jostled, and assaulted. Elan had never been much of a people person.

"And as to the book, I can only guess, but this one disturbs me greatly. Amana would never claim to be a proud member of drow soceity, so taking an interest in this book leads me only to believe this is at the core of her new mischief. My sister for all purposes, hates the drow nation."

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Tue Mar 25, 2003 12:05 am

Inverse nodded, storing all this away. "So, what do you suspect she has in mind for it?"

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Fri Mar 28, 2003 3:33 am

Kumiko scoofed inwardly at the old man's thought that Drow, as a whole, could be anything BUT vile, or that all other elves were like them in any way aside from the ears and lifespan. While she, herself, had been known to play the occasional prank, none of them put anyone in danger besides herself...that was the difference. The vast majority of Drow, on the other hand, tended to be a great deal more...destructive.

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Fri Mar 28, 2003 3:42 am

Alejandra nodded understandingly and remained silent, choosing to ignore the bounty hunter.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Fri Mar 28, 2003 5:10 pm

"...Also, if she has such hatred for Drow society, I wonder where she got the book. How much trouble she went through to get it could at least show how much she has invested in whatever plan she has."

Vampire Jester Jinx

Starting point, oh yeah.

Unread postby Vampire Jester Jinx » Mon Apr 14, 2003 11:55 am

<span style="font-family:courier; color:fuchsia;font-size:small;">(And here we go, the new stuff! :3)</span>

The rain continued that night, pounding down on the roof of the Ivory Horn in a hypnotic pattern of noise. Which could hardly be heard above the arguments, and discussion happening near the tree at a table. A motley crew of people had gathered, most intent on hearing something that a rather slight drow in holy robes had to say. Each had their own reasons, and some weren't as pressing as others. As a hush fell, for a moment, the thoughts of the people present, began to wander their seperate ways.

The young nekojin Alejandra's tender ears hurt from the shouting, and the big ugly drunk man put her in unease. So she quietly threaded her way away from the group and towards the bar, in hopes of getting something to warm her insides from the nasty weather. All this about drow and religious stuff, towers and black faced elves didn't make much sense, whereas something tasty to drink and a nice place to sit made perfect sense. And after the rain subsided, she could continue her exploring...

A greenish blue haired man in the eccentric robes of a mage squinted at the two fools who had caused Elan to stop talking and take to sulking near the blind man. He couldn't believe such idiots had interrupted him. Couldn't they see how much potential gold there was in this? But just then, a few potentially promising words where overheard by the rumor monger. He turned casually to assess the person that it came from, an old man and a younger (and well endowed) woman where talking cozily not far off. Inverse ran through his internal database of names and faces, and found that the gentleman was a very well to do merchant, with a rather sour wife and four children, and judging by the cozy setting the two were engaged in, he might have just found something to keep himself occupied with tonight.

Two disgruntled Doman guards sauntered into the Ivory Horn, wet and in a foul disposition, and it seems just off from their rounds. One happened to bump into the boozey bounty hunter, setting off a tirade of foul langauge aimed at the guard. Due to the lack of any self control and innebriation in general, Gren was soon dragged forcefully from the pub outside. Anywho cared to listen could hear the sounds of a good bought of fighting taking place amidst the thunder and rain.

<span style="font-family:courier; color:fuchsia;font-size:small;">(There we have it, i'll let will write out Ignes. when he introduces will into all this. Sorry for controlling your characters, ^.^;;; but i merely wanted to speed things up, if you don't like who i wrote your character out of the plot, by all means let me know, and YOU can write them out. thank you. further notice, all GMY stuff will be written in this text in parenthesis. thank you. have a nice rp.)</span>

Edited by: Vampire Jester Jinx&nbsp; Image at: 10/18/03 3:03 pm

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

To get the ball rolling...

Unread postby Besyanteo » Sun Oct 19, 2003 1:04 am

Well, it was a'rainin' away in Doma. And that means all over, even in the slums, on the heads of those without hood or cap to cover it.

But one man walking down the road did have a hood for himself, and walked at a quick pace with a mind to keep it that way. The hood was part of a deep blue cloak, which showed up as black during the night rain, covering a lighter shaded blue tunic with long sleeves. A brown leather over-vest went over this. He wore black pants, belted at the waist, and a good pair of brown boots that kept out the water. All in all, the dalmation inujin was very out of place in his surroundings.
And with good reason: Derek had just come from visiting a friend who, due to poverty and a refusal to accept handouts, lived here.
But this was the past, which at the moment wasn't quite so important. What WAS important was, perhaps, was finding a local tavern, and getting something nice, strong, and most importantly, warm to drink.

PreviousNext

Return to Gaera Main RPs