Something Wicked This Way Comes V2.0 PS

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
JoshuaDurron
 

Re: Decision time.

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Wed Nov 12, 2003 3:32 pm

Durron arose stiffly and nodded. "It sounds like we should begin walking, then, if we wish to arive before dark."


User avatar
Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.
 
Posts: 7996
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2002 6:13 pm

Re: Decision time.

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Wed Nov 12, 2003 3:44 pm

Kristoph stirred, still snuggling the little plush bear Kris asked him to keep a hold on, even as they slept. As he awoke to find the others had beat him to awakening, he quickly stuffed the bear back in its pocket and worked on preparing for the days walk. Thankfully, Kris had found some way to 'sleep' in while dormant, so he wouldn't have to deal with him until he too awoke, or until the unfortunate happened, and Kristoph became dormant, forcing Kris to awaken to take his place. He hoped to the gods that wouldn't be the case.


WillBaseton
Self-Proclaimed Gaming Guru
 
Posts: 1044
Joined: Sat Jul 13, 2002 3:16 pm

Re: Decision time.

Unread postby WillBaseton » Wed Nov 12, 2003 5:04 pm

Will sat up slowly, rubbing his eyes and yawning. Just by looking at him, it was obvious that Will was not one for mornings.

"...time to go already? But I was just getting to the good part of my dream."

Reluctantly, he stood and stretched his sleepy body for a few moments, waiting for the others to get ready to depart.


Idran1701
None some call is air am
 
Posts: 42195
Joined: Wed May 29, 2002 9:37 am

Re: Decision time.

Unread postby Idran1701 » Wed Nov 12, 2003 7:30 pm

Idran is awakened by Elan, and begins to regather his equipment as Elan speaks. From his actions and appearance, he appears one used to acting soon after awakening, showing few signs that he had just woken up from a night's sleep.

"Good, this means less journey time than I had thought. The sooner we get there, the sooner we can figure out this whole situation."


User avatar
pd Rydia
Moderator
 
Posts: 5269
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2002 4:12 pm
Location: Temple of Fiends

Re: Decision time.

Unread postby pd Rydia » Wed Nov 12, 2003 7:44 pm

Migi yawned briefly and bounced to her feet, already a ball of energy.

"Well, let's go on then!" she enthused, bouncing from foot to foot in an excess of energeticness.


FlamingDeth
Moderator
 
Posts: 2128
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 1:54 am

Re: Decision time.

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Wed Nov 12, 2003 9:22 pm

When morning came, Kumiko found herself with an aching leg...being bitten by a wolf doesn't just heal overnight, after all. As such, she cast two spells in quick succession - one to clear up that wound, the other to get rid of those nasty stains that bleeding made on her clothes.

(Heal and Cleanse, kthx.)


User avatar
Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard
 
Posts: 4612
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2002 8:56 pm
Location: Virginia

Moving on again!

Unread postby Besyanteo » Thu Nov 13, 2003 12:24 am

Derek rose from sleep much better than he had at the inn! and with considerably more clothing.
He stood and did some stratching while waiting for the group to start off again.


Vampire Jester Jinx
 

Re: Moving on again!

Unread postby Vampire Jester Jinx » Thu Nov 13, 2003 12:24 pm

(GM: Kumiko is healed 32 hp >:P and has a nice clean clothes, not a speck of anything gross around.)

Elan finished packing up his things, and waited for the others to get ready themselves.

Quickly he pulled out some of the food he had bought, and gave those that wanted some a bite to eat, and they began walking through the open land. The day was pleasant, and it would have been a lovely day if they weren't having to march.

One break, meal, and a few hours later, it is getting closer to sunset and Elan stops briefly resting next to a tree.

"We should be there in less than an hour. So be prepared. Getting in may prove tricky. Sis might be feeling playful, and her and....that thing of hers usually keep a paranoid amount of security about."


JoshuaDurron
 

Re: Moving on again!

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Thu Nov 13, 2003 12:34 pm

Durron raised an eyebrow at Elan's mention of security. "Thing?" He asked calmly. "What thing might that be?"


Vampire Jester Jinx
 

Re: Moving on again!

Unread postby Vampire Jester Jinx » Thu Nov 13, 2003 12:35 pm

"Her lover I guess you could call him. If we're lucky, he'll stay in his workshop and not come out. He's far from the lovely individual that my sister is."

Elan shifted uncomfortably, hoping everyone would catch his meaning.


User avatar
Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.
 
Posts: 7996
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2002 6:13 pm

Re: Moving on again!

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Thu Nov 13, 2003 5:04 pm

Kristoph thought a minute. "Waaaaaaiiit....You mean, someone's crazy enough to live in the same place as her? And what do you mean, "Workshop"? If we're going to have to deal with this guy, I want to know who the hell they are."


Vampire Jester Jinx
 

Re: Moving on again!

Unread postby Vampire Jester Jinx » Thu Nov 13, 2003 7:15 pm

"I'm not entirely sure what he is. Although he looks perfectly human. He has a work shop inside the tower, he makes all manner of things... potions, golems, weapons and experiments on animals. In all honesty, we should try to just avoid him. Unless we can't escape it. So I just vote we avoid his workshop, he usually doesn't stir from there for days. We don't have any business that involves him."

Elan's brow dampened somewhat with beads of sweat.


User avatar
pd Rydia
Moderator
 
Posts: 5269
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2002 4:12 pm
Location: Temple of Fiends

Re: Moving on again!

Unread postby pd Rydia » Thu Nov 13, 2003 8:45 pm

"Okay," Migi said simply. Her face was devoid of the slightest wrinkle of worry.


User avatar
Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.
 
Posts: 7996
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2002 6:13 pm

Re: Moving on again!

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Thu Nov 13, 2003 9:51 pm

Kristoph nodded, thoughtfully. Now he wanted to see what was in that workshop now more than ever, though the old saying "Curiousity killed the cat" ran through his head...Possibly because Kris, being the way he was, still compared himself to a kitty, and didn't want to die, and hence, was repeating the addage, trying to get Kristoph to catch on.


WillBaseton
Self-Proclaimed Gaming Guru
 
Posts: 1044
Joined: Sat Jul 13, 2002 3:16 pm

Re: Moving on again!

Unread postby WillBaseton » Fri Nov 14, 2003 12:25 am

Will nodded as Elan explained, arms folded.

"That's 'that idiot' Amana's always ranting about, right? Does he have a real name, anyways? All I hear her call him is 'the idiot', 'the dope', 'the stupid one'...the list goes on."

Interesting, this was getting. Will had never seen Amana's workshop, and was interested, if only to figure out HOW she became so twisted.


FlamingDeth
Moderator
 
Posts: 2128
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 1:54 am

Re: Moving on again!

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Fri Nov 14, 2003 12:31 am

Kumiko followed along, listening carefully to what Elan said. She may have had no love for the dark elf, but she knew perfectly well not to let information concerning where they were traveling slip by her.


JoshuaDurron
 

Re: Moving on again!

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Fri Nov 14, 2003 12:45 am

Durron was also paying close attention, mentally filing each and every piece of relevant information away. "Then since we have decided to avoid him, are there any other things you should warn us of?"


Vampire Jester Jinx
 

Re: Moving on again!

Unread postby Vampire Jester Jinx » Fri Nov 14, 2003 2:55 am

"The garden."

Elan said calmly.


User avatar
Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.
 
Posts: 7996
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2002 6:13 pm

Re: Moving on again!

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Fri Nov 14, 2003 4:29 am

"The Garden?" Kristoph asked. He hadn't ever heard of a garden that one should avoid out of a concern for personal safety, except those with contained common allergens, but he hardly though Amana would be growing dandilions and other harmless plants.


Vampire Jester Jinx
 

Re: Moving on again!

Unread postby Vampire Jester Jinx » Fri Nov 14, 2003 9:36 am

"We'll have to go through it to get to the tower. She changes it up often, so I'm not entirely sure what might be in it. Aside from the bronze statues." Elan ran a hand through his braids, and waited for anymore questions.


User avatar
Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard
 
Posts: 4612
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2002 8:56 pm
Location: Virginia

Re: Moving on again!

Unread postby Besyanteo » Fri Nov 14, 2003 2:57 pm

Derek just continued on with the rest, listening as they asked questions and Elan provided somewhat vague answers.

"... So in the end, you're really not certain what we're up against, are you?"


Vampire Jester Jinx
 

Re: Moving on again!

Unread postby Vampire Jester Jinx » Fri Nov 14, 2003 3:04 pm

"Well if you MUST put it like that." Elan said rolling his eyes, something he often doesn't do. "No. I don't know what might be about. I just know what I've seen before. And with the way things change around that place it's likely the same things won't be about. So, just keep on your toes."

With that he began to walk again, the tension growing, soon the small group could see the tower, rather bleak and decidedly uninteresting looking from this distance. A halfway built wall surrounds it, obviously the construction on it stopped long ago. And off to the back of the tower seems to be a smaller building. Perhaps a stable. Odd shapes dot the ground for a good pace in front of the tower, the now setting sun making it a bit difficult to tell exactly what they might be.


WillBaseton
Self-Proclaimed Gaming Guru
 
Posts: 1044
Joined: Sat Jul 13, 2002 3:16 pm

Re: Moving on again!

Unread postby WillBaseton » Fri Nov 14, 2003 11:31 pm

As the tower slowly grew over the horizon, Will stared at it and ran his hand through his hair, thinking.

Amana's tower...not the most spectacular place. At least the trek through it should be relatively short. I wonder, though, why HERE, of all places...?


Idran1701
None some call is air am
 
Posts: 42195
Joined: Wed May 29, 2002 9:37 am

Re: Moving on again!

Unread postby Idran1701 » Sat Nov 15, 2003 12:28 am

As they approach the tower, Idran turns to Elan, meaning to query him about something.

"You've told us about what to avoid in the tower. What's the plan for what we will do when there?"


Vampire Jester Jinx
 

Re: Moving on again!

Unread postby Vampire Jester Jinx » Sat Nov 15, 2003 12:51 am

Elan put his hands on his hips and tried his best not to scowl at them. "You're the ones who pretty much invited yourselves along. I intend to talk to my sister. Hopefully find out what is happening."


User avatar
Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.
 
Posts: 7996
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2002 6:13 pm

Re: Moving on again!

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sat Nov 15, 2003 1:13 am

Kristoph nodded. He knew they were only going along because they thought Elan might need a bit of help, although Kristoph personally just wanted to get to know more about the wench who was giving Chaos Mages a bad name, and maybe mess up her operation a bit. After all, the first and foremost name in Chaos Mages should be Kristoph Akina, and he certainly wasn't going to rest until that was the honest-to-Ishtar truth.


Vampire Jester Jinx
 

Come darlings, post. Don't be afraid. *Claps*

Unread postby Vampire Jester Jinx » Mon Nov 17, 2003 1:35 pm

Elan calmly made sure he had all of his possessions, took a firm grip on his walking staff, and began to descent towards the tower, the setting sun making his hair shine brilliant white.

The group follows, each having their own distinct worry or for that matter, complete lack of any worries at all as they come nearer the tower itself.

It's walls are smooth and of a dark stone, it looks to be built long ago, but to what purpose it really can't be determined. In several places higher up on the tower, there are remains of decorative gargoyles with hands outstretched as if they were holding something. A piece of a shattered stone tablet is still gripped in one of their hands, showing only faintly what looks to be perhaps a family crest. There is a single door into the tower, standing a massive height, old and sturdy and braced with thick bars. There doesn't seem to be any handle or chain, or mechanism for opening it at all. Although there is a glint of something.... near eye level for them. But in the distance, and in the dark, it is hard to tell.

The surrounding grounds are dark, and as they walk a barely there path through the half finished wall, they enter what looks like a wild garden. Plants of a nefarioius variety are running wild. Poisens, herbs known to cause various ailments, even a few to heal are scattered about. Here and there amoung the path is even a plant when dried and smoked, is claimed to bring you closer to the Gods.

Scattered throughout the tangle of plantlife, are large shapes, glinting somewhat. Some crouch, some reared back as if for attack, and all oddly still. In the vague moonlight as they tramp ever closer to the forbidding tower, the shapes become sculptures. Massive bronze likenesses of animals and monsters, even a few people. Each is caught in a moment of action, as if they had only just stopped, wary that someone was around.

Elan stopped about forty feet from the tower and turned to his companions, signalling for them to be quiet.

In a somber tone he says "Luckily I know the way in. Just stay quiet for a bit so I can say the proper words. If we're lucky, no one will wake, and nothing will notice you're here."

With that he left the motly group in a little cluster, under the shadow of a large bronze bear, who was standing straight, paws outstretched to crush what lay before him.


User avatar
pd Rydia
Moderator
 
Posts: 5269
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2002 4:12 pm
Location: Temple of Fiends

Re: Come darlings, post. Don't be afraid. *Claps*

Unread postby pd Rydia » Mon Nov 17, 2003 1:49 pm

Migi looked up at the bear solemnly, paced once around its perimeter, and looked back to the group.

"I don't like it," she stated simply, but no real distaste was evident in her tone. It was as if she were commenting on the weather. Nonetheless, she expounded upon her dislike. "It looks like it's going to go 'Rawr, I eat you!'"


JoshuaDurron
 

Re: Come darlings, post. Don't be afraid. *Claps*

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Mon Nov 17, 2003 4:50 pm

Durron, oblivious as always to the visual details of the scene, simply stood in his place. For a moment he was silent, then he inclined his head towards Migi. "Do not worry, my child. Unless it does actually try to eat you, I am sure it poses no threat."


User avatar
Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.
 
Posts: 7996
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2002 6:13 pm

Re: Come darlings, post. Don't be afraid. *Claps*

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Mon Nov 17, 2003 5:39 pm

Kristoph looked at the bear- It reminded him of something, though he wasn't about to say WHAT. All he knew is, should the bear attempt to eat them, he could possibly get a bear on their side to show it what was what. Keeping quiet for Elan, he simply crossed his arms and allowed his tail to sway lazily.


Idran1701
None some call is air am
 
Posts: 42195
Joined: Wed May 29, 2002 9:37 am

Re: Come darlings, post. Don't be afraid. *Claps*

Unread postby Idran1701 » Mon Nov 17, 2003 5:44 pm

Seeing all the various statues around, Idran comes to, at least to him, an obvious conclusion.

"...There isn't some bronze variant of a basilisk or medusa around here, is there? Because all these statues are really disconcerting."


WillBaseton
Self-Proclaimed Gaming Guru
 
Posts: 1044
Joined: Sat Jul 13, 2002 3:16 pm

Re: Come darlings, post. Don't be afraid. *Claps*

Unread postby WillBaseton » Mon Nov 17, 2003 5:50 pm

Will watched Migi quietly. Knowing Amana, things COULD end up that bad. The tower, let alone the BEAR, getting up and eating them was unlikely, but it could happen in the world of Chaos magic...

He shook his head and whispered to the others, excluding Elan, as he was sure Elan knew what they were up against better than he did.

"Everyone, we should be as careful as possible around here. Don't touch anything."


User avatar
Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.
 
Posts: 7996
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2002 6:13 pm

Re: Come darlings, post. Don't be afraid. *Claps*

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Mon Nov 17, 2003 5:56 pm

Kristoph flicked an ear at Wills comment. "That's a given. Unfimiliar tower, crazy psychotic idiot living inside, crazy garden...I think you're the only one who'd even consider it."


WillBaseton
Self-Proclaimed Gaming Guru
 
Posts: 1044
Joined: Sat Jul 13, 2002 3:16 pm

Re: Come darlings, post. Don't be afraid. *Claps*

Unread postby WillBaseton » Mon Nov 17, 2003 7:12 pm

Will facepalmed and sighed, turning to Kristoph.

"This is the behavior I was telling you to avoid. The bickering can wait until after we find out what's up with Amana. Just keep Kris from touching anything shiny, okay?"


User avatar
Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.
 
Posts: 7996
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2002 6:13 pm

Re: Come darlings, post. Don't be afraid. *Claps*

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Mon Nov 17, 2003 7:37 pm

Kristophs expression changed to one of anger- After all, as he and Kris were the same people, he could easily take that as an insult. And besides, another important factor would end up playing into things now- "You...Idiot. You know that if you TELL a kid NOT to touch something, they'll want to touch it even more!"


FlamingDeth
Moderator
 
Posts: 2128
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 1:54 am

Re: Come darlings, post. Don't be afraid. *Claps*

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Mon Nov 17, 2003 7:42 pm

Content to let the two testosterone buckets argue, Kumiko studied the tower. She had only, in her memory, been here one before, and it really didn't seem that much different...of course, in all likelyhood the traps and the like were all different, but that shouldn't be too much of a concern, especially if the drow wench's brother could let them in as easily as he surmised.


User avatar
Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard
 
Posts: 4612
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2002 8:56 pm
Location: Virginia

Scared? NEVAR!

Unread postby Besyanteo » Tue Nov 18, 2003 1:04 am

Derek looked around at the various plants and statues breifly, taking them each in as he went.
"... eccentric old place. ... Hn."

He went quiet after that, watching Elan, and resisting the urge to pinch his butt in the dark. Derek had the silliest urges come night fall...


Vampire Jester Jinx
 

Re: Scared? NEVAR!

Unread postby Vampire Jester Jinx » Tue Nov 18, 2003 2:03 am

Elan placed his hands on the door, and quietly began to mumble in drow. For all anyone knew, he could be saying anchient verses of pure evil or some such to open the door. In actuality it was, "I hearby state that Amana is prettier than I am, better than I am, and I am not fit to be her sex slave. Anyone who says otherwise deserves a spoon in an uncomfortable spot. I am also a giant booger." This was said in the most humble of tones, and quietly. In the pale moonlight, those with exceptionally good eyes, and who are happening to pay attention will notice Elan blushing rather deeply.

The edges of the door glimmered for a moment, but nothing happened...

"OH ASHURA!" he swore. "She's changed the password to open the door!"

Then a creaky, halting, rather old fashioned dance song began to make it's way through the air. It began to pick up the pace and soon it was a jig, and quite loud. The source of the sound seems to be coming from the mouth of one stone gargoyle towards the top of the tower.

Everything remained still despite the yammering of the music, no sign of activity seems to be stirring from the tower.


User avatar
Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.
 
Posts: 7996
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2002 6:13 pm

Re: Scared? NEVAR!

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Tue Nov 18, 2003 2:10 am

Kristoph simply flicked his ears, trying to tune out the music. Internally, Kris wanted to dance...But Kristoph wasn't about to start.


JoshuaDurron
 

Re: Scared? NEVAR!

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Tue Nov 18, 2003 10:00 am

Durron raised an eyebrow. "Music? Is this some sort of alarm?"


PreviousNext

Return to Gaera Main RPs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron

Yalogank