Something Wicked This Way Comes V2.0 PS

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
FlamingDeth
Moderator
 
Posts: 2128
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 1:54 am

Re: *inserts TEH EBIL*

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Wed Nov 05, 2003 12:23 am

Kumiko, apearing to not be in all that much of a hurry, got to her feet and began stretching. After all, it wasn't as if a dagger took that long to ready, and she'd absolutely hate to pull a muscle if anything did attack. However, she didn't seem that worried. Their group was not particularly small, so any wolves would likely pass them by, and if they didn't, there shouldn't be too much of a problem...


JoshuaDurron
 

Re: *inserts TEH EBIL*

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Wed Nov 05, 2003 1:04 am

Durron got to his feet slowly, an odd sense of forboding growing within him. He picked up his staff, and began to think carefully. He had the feeling that it was not ordinary wolves approaching them...

But he did not say as much, as he saw no need to raise as-of-yet unfounded fears among the group.


Idran1701
None some call is air am
 
Posts: 42196
Joined: Wed May 29, 2002 9:37 am

Re: *inserts TEH EBIL*

Unread postby Idran1701 » Wed Nov 05, 2003 2:33 am

IM: ...Well, that isn't a good sign.

Idran stands up from his semi-reclinded position, drawing his boomerang as he looks around the camp, focusing on the directions the howls seemed to come from.

"...So, is this normal for this area, or should I be concerned? Well, more concerned, that is."


Vampire Jester Jinx
 

Fight scene fight scene!

Unread postby Vampire Jester Jinx » Wed Nov 05, 2003 8:49 pm

<span style="color:fuchsia;font-family:verdana;font-size:small;">( Alright, make sure you keep a tab on your hp, mp and tp in case i mess up. just post whatever you'll be doing and I'll respond with the result. :D OTAY. ORDER IS 1,2,Migi,Derek,kris,will,josh,kumiko,Idran,3,Elan So first my naughtiness then Migi

Also make sure to put whatever attack you're doing in parenthesis and what your aiming at.)</span>

And then one of the noisemakers could be seen. It appeared to be a wolf, but bigger substantially than the normal wolf, and it's fur glistened an eerie white. It was barreling towards them, and before Kumiko could react, it was upon her, and latched onto her leg, giving a nasty bite before jumping back, panting with hunger.
(Kumiko takes 13)

There is a flash of red fur next to Idran, as a wolf that had been hidden lunged at him and missed. It wheeled around and stood in front of the campfire disoriented, it's fur was a radiant red.
(Idran successful didn't get stomped.)

Anyone with good sight could see a darker shape lurking a bit far out from them, waiting for a good oppurtunity.


User avatar
pd Rydia
Moderator
 
Posts: 5269
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2002 4:12 pm
Location: Temple of Fiends

Re: Fight scene fight scene!

Unread postby pd Rydia » Wed Nov 05, 2003 8:53 pm

Migi smoothly springed to action, headed for the white wolf near Kumiko. Her blades were a veritable blur as they stabbed through the air, aiming to score a hit between the wolf's ribs.

(Two thrusts, white wolf.)


Vampire Jester Jinx
 

Re: Fight scene fight scene!

Unread postby Vampire Jester Jinx » Wed Nov 05, 2003 9:00 pm

Migi deftly impales the wolf on her first swing, wounding it through the shoulder, but as she brought her other sword across to deal another blow, the wolf jerked back, barely avoiding getting it's muzzle sliced.

(Migi does 22 damage!)


User avatar
Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard
 
Posts: 4612
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2002 8:56 pm
Location: Virginia

To battle!

Unread postby Besyanteo » Wed Nov 05, 2003 9:14 pm

Derek closed his eyes breifly, calling magic to himself. A small blue light collected in his hands, which he held almost as if praying...

His eyes snapped open again, and he looked at the red wolf, which if coloration meant anything on these likely enchanted beasts...

"COLD BOLT!"

He released a flurry of ice crystals at the animal!

(Cold Bolt, targetting Red)


Vampire Jester Jinx
 

Re: To battle!

Unread postby Vampire Jester Jinx » Wed Nov 05, 2003 9:23 pm

As the ice struck at his body, covering it, the red wolf jumped back letting out a crazed whimper, and fell to it's side momentarily, twitching from the coldness. Malice flashed in it's eyes.
(MFG Derek does.....48 damage. o.o)


User avatar
Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.
 
Posts: 7996
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2002 6:13 pm

Re: To battle!

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Wed Nov 05, 2003 9:30 pm

Acting on his instinct, as well as a bit of surprise, Kristoph quickly worked on forming the chaotic energies in his hands into something that could be guided and thrown. As soon as he had what he wanted, with the suitable amount of power, he unleashes his fury in the form of a good sized beam of red energy twards the White Wolf-

"It's not your lucky day! Chaos Blast!"

(Chaos Blast, on Whitey)

Edited by: Shinigori V2&nbsp; Image at: 11/5/03 9:32 pm

Vampire Jester Jinx
 

Re: To battle!

Unread postby Vampire Jester Jinx » Wed Nov 05, 2003 9:36 pm

The white wolf stands as stiff as a statue for a second after the blast hit it, then falls to one side, half of it's side missing.
(white wolf is DED)


WillBaseton
Self-Proclaimed Gaming Guru
 
Posts: 1044
Joined: Sat Jul 13, 2002 3:16 pm

Re: To battle!

Unread postby WillBaseton » Wed Nov 05, 2003 10:56 pm

Will smirked, shaking his head.

"Kristoph, that was cheesier than a Neo-Vanist's 'Check this out!' Never do it again."

Upon seeing the white wolf fall, the ryuujin blazed over to its red partner and delivered a cleaving chop at its midsection in an attempt to cleave it in half, katana glistening as it cut through the air.

(Regular chop attack, red wolf)


Vampire Jester Jinx
 

hehehehe.

Unread postby Vampire Jester Jinx » Thu Nov 06, 2003 12:23 am

As Will moves to strike, the red wolves eyes snap open, and it leaps up and to the side, Will's attack brings him foreward so that he stumbles a few paces, but misses the red wolf entirely.
(Will Missed. >:{)


JoshuaDurron
 

Re: hehehehe.

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Thu Nov 06, 2003 12:33 am

Thinking rappidly, Durron set the highest priority on keeping Elan safe. He folded his hands on top of his staff, and began to pray, sending his thoughts towards the heavens...

(Durron casts Cherubim's Mantle on Elan!)


User avatar
Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.
 
Posts: 7996
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2002 6:13 pm

*Taunts Will*

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Thu Nov 06, 2003 12:37 am

Kristoph was already hard at work channeling the energy needed for another spell when he saw Wills attack fail.

"Karma works in mysterious ways, my friend. You compare me to those idiots, and then you look like an even bigger idiot yourself! Way to go! And before you say anything, keep in mind- Who blew the wolf away, and who missed another entirely?"

Secretly, Kristoph knew he should be more mature than that, but what the hell? He had to do something to try and ignore the child screaming in his head- Seeing a wolf die from missing a large chunk of it's body usually isn't the most pleasant thing for a child to see.

Edited by: Shinigori V2&nbsp; Image at: 11/6/03 12:39 am

Vampire Jester Jinx
 

Re: hehehehe.

Unread postby Vampire Jester Jinx » Thu Nov 06, 2003 12:39 am

A soft light covers the startled drow, who had been quietly staring at the violence taking place with a shocked expression.
(Elan is protected fo shizzle.)


FlamingDeth
Moderator
 
Posts: 2128
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 1:54 am

Re: hehehehe.

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Thu Nov 06, 2003 6:30 pm

Wincing from her newly acquired leaky bleeding leg wound, the high elf began quickly and intricately moving her hands. Back and fourth, in and out, weaving the astral in a prethought pattern. Her preperations complete, a mere wave of her hand sent the spell to it's target, the man wielding a boomerang.

(Strengthen, on Idran.)


Vampire Jester Jinx
 

Re: hehehehe.

Unread postby Vampire Jester Jinx » Thu Nov 06, 2003 9:55 pm

Idran feels something warm race through is veins, he feels lighter, and much stronger.
(Idran get's a +4 to sta&strength for 7 rounds! :D)


Idran1701
None some call is air am
 
Posts: 42196
Joined: Wed May 29, 2002 9:37 am

Re: hehehehe.

Unread postby Idran1701 » Thu Nov 06, 2003 11:12 pm

IM: o_o Huh, odd. Must be some type of spell.

Having done all the consideration he needs, he sights the closest wolf, attempting to knock it out with a boomerang toss.

(Fury Throw to the nearest wolf)


Vampire Jester Jinx
 

Re: hehehehe.

Unread postby Vampire Jester Jinx » Fri Nov 07, 2003 8:20 am

Idran's hand snapped foreward, his boomerang dealing a good conk to the noggin of the red wolf, before it came whirling back to his hand.
(Idran does 18 damage to red wolf)

The wolf lurking in the shadows springs forth, launching himself to where he stands a foot away from Derek. Throwing back it's head, it's fur glistening a dark blue in the light of the fire, it howled it's bizarre howl and the air crackles with energy. Bits of ice drift through the air around the wolf, and suddenly one of Derek's leg's is covered in a sheet of ice.
(Derek takes 12 ice damage!)

Elan slowly steps foreward, holy tome in hand, one palm pointing outwards. The young man's eyes stare intently at the wolf, whispering holy verse. In a blinding flash a small wave of holy energy covers the blue wolf that had attacked Derek, sending it flying backwards.
(Elan casts Ashura's Wrath. Does 38 damage to zee blue wolf.)

There is a second howling call as the blue wolf goes flying, and a patch of ground sparks a pillar of flames next to the blind man. The red wolf pants, having missed, will likely try again.
(Red wolf missed Joshua Durron)

Edited by: Vampire Jester Jinx&nbsp; Image at: 11/7/03 7:10 pm

User avatar
pd Rydia
Moderator
 
Posts: 5269
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2002 4:12 pm
Location: Temple of Fiends

thrust + chop

Unread postby pd Rydia » Fri Nov 07, 2003 8:06 pm

Migi manuevered agilely over to the red wolf, moving as if in dance, and thrusted at the creature with one blade while bringing her arm around to follow up with a chop from the other.


Vampire Jester Jinx
 

Re: thrust + chop

Unread postby Vampire Jester Jinx » Sat Nov 08, 2003 12:07 am

Migi's thrusting blade sank deep into the wolf's side, and as her other sword whirled around in a metallic flash she brought it down over the wolf's neck cleanly severing off it's head. She swings her blades around, and holds them in front of her in defensive stance, the catgirl doing a most excellent overkill.
(migi does 55 damage, red wolf dead!)


User avatar
Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard
 
Posts: 4612
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2002 8:56 pm
Location: Virginia

Decision time.

Unread postby Besyanteo » Sat Nov 08, 2003 12:48 am

Derek winced as his leg was brushed and encased in the intense cold. Still, he knew he could do better. He was best with his ice, but he knew that wouldn't help here. So, he could either jump to his next best field, manipulating the earth, or blast the cold creature with fire.

In the end, his choice was obvious, as he muttered some spell words, and began to weave the mana in the earth below him into the appropriate shape...

He dropped to one knee, albeit clumisly with a half frozen leg, and slamemd a fist into the dirt!
"LOCAL QUAKE!"

(Local Quake, Blue)


Vampire Jester Jinx
 

Re: Decision time.

Unread postby Vampire Jester Jinx » Sat Nov 08, 2003 3:25 pm

As Derek commands the earth below him... There is a tense moment. The wolf glaring daggers at him. And to be honest, absolutely nothing happens. His spell fizzles.
(pop pop fizz fizz the wolf still lives.)


User avatar
Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.
 
Posts: 7996
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2002 6:13 pm

Re: Decision time.

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sat Nov 08, 2003 6:11 pm

A series of potential tactics ran through Kristophs head- First, he COULD just blast this one, like the last, but he doubted it would go down so easily, and it would also make him a potential target for him. If he could command Mr. Bear like Kris could, he could just sic the thing on the wolf, and enjoy seeing the wolf get mauled by a panda/grizly type thing...However, that traced back to the bear- It wouldn't listen to him. Soon, another tactic came to mind- Bind it so it can't move, and so that the others could deal with it more efficiently. Channeling the powers nessessary, he willed the golden chains to burst forth from the ground and bind the wolf in place-

"Time for a rest, wolfie! Chain Magic!"

(Chain magic, on the last wolf)


Vampire Jester Jinx
 

Re: Decision time.

Unread postby Vampire Jester Jinx » Mon Nov 10, 2003 1:13 pm

Chains explode into being, latching around the wolves feet. It snaps at the air in a rage, unable to to move very far at all.
(Kris has chained the wolf for .....one whole round.)


WillBaseton
Self-Proclaimed Gaming Guru
 
Posts: 1044
Joined: Sat Jul 13, 2002 3:16 pm

Re: Decision time.

Unread postby WillBaseton » Mon Nov 10, 2003 3:48 pm

Will watched the chains restrict the wolf and put his hand to his chin, thinking. After going through several flashy finishing move scenarios, he decided to drop the cocky act for a while and just end it.

"Nice move, Kris. I'll finish him off for ya!"

The ryuujin hopped into the air, then attempted to land on top of the wolf, hoping to slice it clean in half with the katana as he dropped.

(Katana, slash attack)


Vampire Jester Jinx
 

Re: Decision time.

Unread postby Vampire Jester Jinx » Mon Nov 10, 2003 7:02 pm

Will's blade cleanly sliced the poor defenseless blue magic using wolf in half.
(Will like, totally criticalled the wolf, and it's yeah. Dead.)
(Battle ends! You win cookies!)

<span style="color:fuchsia;font-family:verdana;font-size:small;">(GM: Alrighty! First battle over, more of a test than anything, and the wolves were pretty pathetic so teeney experience now. Everyone gets 300. Will gets an extra fifty for lots of happy slashing.)</span>

Edited by: Vampire Jester Jinx&nbsp; Image at: 11/10/03 7:07 pm

User avatar
Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.
 
Posts: 7996
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2002 6:13 pm

Re: Decision time.

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Mon Nov 10, 2003 7:15 pm

Kristoph dusted his hands, as if to signify being done which, in reality, he was. Flicking his ears and swaying his tail lazily from side to side, he looked to Will and smirked-

"We actually make a pretty good team...Once you stop being an asshead, that is."


WillBaseton
Self-Proclaimed Gaming Guru
 
Posts: 1044
Joined: Sat Jul 13, 2002 3:16 pm

Re: Decision time.

Unread postby WillBaseton » Mon Nov 10, 2003 7:44 pm

Will nodded, stretching his wings out and giving them a little flap.

"I agree. We do make a good team when you stop being an ass-head."

He grinned and stuck his tongue out at the age-changing chaos mage, signifying that it was obviously a joke.

"Seriously, though, nice work."


User avatar
Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.
 
Posts: 7996
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2002 6:13 pm

Re: Decision time.

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Mon Nov 10, 2003 7:48 pm

Kristoph nodded. "You too. Now...What's the plan from here? It would seem that we're either expected, or within a wolves hunting ground...And I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm not fond of wolves, for obvious reasons." Adding an earflick to help illustrate the point, he waited for a responce.


Idran1701
None some call is air am
 
Posts: 42196
Joined: Wed May 29, 2002 9:37 am

Re: Decision time.

Unread postby Idran1701 » Mon Nov 10, 2003 8:39 pm

Idran returns his boomerang to its harness, and speaks up again.

"Even if we are within hunting grounds for a pack of wolves, it still doesn't explain why we were attacked. I don't see anything that could have lured them here, and I'd expect the campfire to drive them away, if nothing else. I suspect that this was an attempt at driving us off. It's just too incongruous otherwise. Since I'm not familiar with this Amana, beyond what Elan's said, can anyone say if this fits with her normal tactics or not?"


WillBaseton
Self-Proclaimed Gaming Guru
 
Posts: 1044
Joined: Sat Jul 13, 2002 3:16 pm

Re: Decision time.

Unread postby WillBaseton » Mon Nov 10, 2003 9:14 pm

Will turned from Kristoph as the question was asked and shook his head.

"I've known Amana for years now, I've even killed her before. This isn't like her...wolves aren't her style. Then again, that was a long time ago...we've been friends for a while. This is VERY unlike her. Something must be wrong..."


User avatar
Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard
 
Posts: 4612
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2002 8:56 pm
Location: Virginia

Re: Decision time.

Unread postby Besyanteo » Mon Nov 10, 2003 11:04 pm

Derek dusted off as he stood normally again.

"Whatever the case, we should finish resting and move on."


JoshuaDurron
 

Re: Decision time.

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Mon Nov 10, 2003 11:34 pm

Durron nodded his agreement with Derek. "It is doubtful they will return tonight, after having been driven off so decidedly. I also think we should finish our resting."


Vampire Jester Jinx
 

Re: Decision time.

Unread postby Vampire Jester Jinx » Tue Nov 11, 2003 12:16 pm

Elan sat at the base of a tree, thinking. After a few moments he said, "This really doesn't look like my sisters work. And to be honest, I doubt she knows we're even coming."

After that he stretched, and laid back down on his blanket, his back to the others. "Let's rest for a little longer, we've got a good while to go tomorrow. I doubt any more of those are about."


WillBaseton
Self-Proclaimed Gaming Guru
 
Posts: 1044
Joined: Sat Jul 13, 2002 3:16 pm

Re: Decision time.

Unread postby WillBaseton » Tue Nov 11, 2003 4:21 pm

Will nodded, sitting down on the ground.

"Elan's right...the corpses will scare off other wolves. We should be fine."

He quickly set about to dozing off, ready for the next day to come.


User avatar
pd Rydia
Moderator
 
Posts: 5269
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2002 4:12 pm
Location: Temple of Fiends

Re: Decision time.

Unread postby pd Rydia » Tue Nov 11, 2003 4:49 pm

"Okay," Migi said simply. She knelt down to clean her blades off in the grass, then sheathed them neatly. Curling up at the base of a tree, the nekojin apparently dropped right off into sleep, undaunted by the recent attack.


Idran1701
None some call is air am
 
Posts: 42196
Joined: Wed May 29, 2002 9:37 am

Re: Decision time.

Unread postby Idran1701 » Tue Nov 11, 2003 5:04 pm

"Wel, if that's the case, then all right. I still find it somewhat suspicious, though..."

Idran trails off, as he prepares to sleep for the night himself. Removing his coat, hat, and boomerang harness, he lays down, attempting to get some rest for the next day's travels.


User avatar
Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.
 
Posts: 7996
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2002 6:13 pm

Re: Decision time.

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Wed Nov 12, 2003 1:21 am

Kristoph stayed awake until everyone else was asleep- Last thing he needed was for everyone else to see the agreement he had made with Kris so long ago. Taking a place under a tree, he pulled the small stuffed Panda out of his pocket and, when he was sure no one was looking, gave it a small snuggle. As much as he hated to admit it, it was nice to have something to hug when falling asleep. As he dozed off for the night, one final remark escaped his lips- "G'night, kiddo."


Vampire Jester Jinx
 

Re: Decision time.

Unread postby Vampire Jester Jinx » Wed Nov 12, 2003 10:43 am

The rest of the evening passed pleasantly enough, the temperature only slightly damp due to the past day's rain. Morning slowly slipped over the sleeping travelors, the fire long ago having gone out. Elan rose first, and began to pray.

Soon after he began to wake everyone.

Putting away his things, he looked round at the sleepy faces and said, "Today will be a good walk, but we should reach my sisters tower around dinner time."


PreviousNext

Return to Gaera Main RPs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron

Yalogank