A Darkness Rising

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Re: The Tanascus Archives

Unread postby Kelne » Wed Mar 24, 2004 6:17 pm

Kelne wasted no time approaching the librarian, nodding in greeting. "Good afternoon. I'm interested in locating information on notable practitioners of shadow magic in the last three centuries, and any creatures particularly affiliated with it."

Kelne watched the librarian, waiting for a response. Such a request, particularly coming from a foreigner, wasn't exactly guarranteed a helpful reception. Still, he was confident of his ability to reason with the woman.

SALSAlys

Re: The Tanascus Archives

Unread postby SALSAlys » Wed Mar 24, 2004 7:39 pm

Waikiki trailed behind Kelne, first taking a few moments to simply look about the interior of the library, almost gaping. Visibly impressed, her motions were much more restrained before she glanced hastily after Kelne, quickly catching up. From what she understood of Common, he had already asked what she had intended to, so she just stood beside him uneasily, feeling distinctly out of place.

Elementalist Daien

Re: A Darkness Rising

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Thu Mar 25, 2004 1:51 pm

Darren shook his head

"Nothing much, to be honest... That's the entire problem. This is troublesome. And we can't just let it pass by..."

"I assume that's why you're going towards the archives?" he questioned, knowing the city's geography a bit well, and realizing where they're going.

While he said that, he took out a handkerchief, carefully wiped his brow of sweat, and put it back in.

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Sat Mar 27, 2004 1:05 pm

The librarian pushed her spectacles further up her nose and took a moment to think.

'The higher you go, the closer the letter to the end of the alphabet. So...' She said, before pointing to one of the doors leading out of the hall at ground level.

'This floor, History.'

She pointed up the stairs to the second floor.

'Magic.'

Finally, upwards across the hall, towards the third floor balcony.

'Shadow.'

'History and Magic have their own sections,' she explained. 'If you don't find all of what you need in Magic, check History, then if you're still missing anything check whatever you can find on Shadow. Do you need anything else?'

Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sat Mar 27, 2004 3:36 pm

"Actually, no." Val replied. "I was actually just following Waikiki, I figured she may need a little more help, what with what's going on and all."

He adjusted his hat, then nodded. "Maybe you should come with us? Three heads are better than two, and that other man seems to have gone there, too."

SALSAlys

Unread postby SALSAlys » Sun Mar 28, 2004 3:28 pm

"Is a good start. I t'ink is enough for now, or if have questions, we can come back," Waikiki said cheerfully. "T'ank you ver-ry much," she added, tail flicking behind her in a colorful blur.

Besides the librarian's advice, she was more interested in learning more about shadow magic at the moment, and made her way to the stairs, almost skipping up them with small hops.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Mon Mar 29, 2004 8:41 pm

"Much appreciated," Kelne added on the heels of the slightly hyperactive moogle's comments.

With that, he made his way towards the history section, feeling that this was the logical place to begin his search.

NebulaQueen

The poking stick makes me bleed. As well as post.

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Thu Apr 01, 2004 2:56 pm

Giving a careful glance towards the two men, Nanashi turned towards Val. "I'll help, as well."

It's better than being caught unawares...

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=nebulaqueen>NebulaQueen</A] at: 4/1/04 2:59 pm

Shinigori V2

Re: The poking stick makes me bleed. As well as post.

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Thu Apr 01, 2004 3:06 pm

Val looked twards the newcomer, and for once, his mouth was hanging open a bit, surprised. However, this quickly changed as he smiled again, and raised a brow.

"And...Who might you be?"

Edited by: Shinigori V2&nbsp; Image at: 4/1/04 3:07 pm

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Thu Apr 01, 2004 3:07 pm

"Uh.. Very well. I cannot just stand here and do nothing, anyway."

He nodded, and looked at where Waikiki went

"Maybe we should hurry, th-..."

He then looked at the woman who has just interfered, but added nothing. She shall answer.

Edited by: Elementalist Daien at: 4/1/04 3:08 pm

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Mon Apr 05, 2004 4:39 pm

And so it was that Waikiki and Kelne found them in different sections of the Tanascus Archives, which, though different, looked surprisingly similar. Shelf upon shelf of books of various shapes, sizes, and appearances, almost claustrophobic in their closeness. They quickly found the relevant sections, though it took Waikiki a little while to find the books specifically on Shadow Magic.

There were a couple of tables and chairs in each section, for the comfort of researchers.

NebulaQueen

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Tue Apr 06, 2004 11:57 pm

"A concerned citizen, that's all." Fully realizing that vagueness only causes suspicion amongst strangers, she added, "My name is Nanashi. I heard some things about the attacks-nasty things-and...well, you wouldn't like the idea of waiting helplessly for it to come for you, would you? I'd rather nip this in the bud, to be honest."

SALSAlys

*offers a bandaid*

Unread postby SALSAlys » Wed Apr 07, 2004 12:19 am

Waikiki frowned, pulling out a few of the thinner books relating to shadow magic out at random before moving to a table, setting them down heavily before plopping herself into the chair. Her tail swished high behind her as she peered at th titles. She was hoping that by picking the thinner books she had picked ones which simplified the topic for one whose first language was not Common. With that fond hope, she began skimming the first book.

Shinigori V2

Re: *offers a bandaid*

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Wed Apr 07, 2004 1:57 am

"Aha" replied Val, as he took off his hat and bowed deeply. "Val Entrino, former Knight of Barius...At your service, madam."

As he stood, he reapplied his hat continuing to fiddle with it.

Another fish in the pond, it seems...Looks like I'll have my pick of Baronian ladies...When the time comes.

"Well...Why don't we head twards where my associate Waikiki went, and we'll discuss things a bit more thurougly, hmm?" Val looked at the pair with him as he spoke, grinning just a bit.

Edited by: Shinigori V2&nbsp; Image at: 4/7/04 1:59 am

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Wed Apr 07, 2004 1:48 pm

Waikiki was in luck - the very first book she pulled off the shelf turned out to be a discussion of shadow magic, divided into well structured topics. Though in a language that wasn't her first, the wording used was not too complex, and she found herself able to comprehend the vast majority of what she read.

While looking up shadow energy, Waikiki discovered that traces of this could be left by both shadow magic and creatures of shadow. The entry went on to explain what sorts of spells could leave various strengths of energy, and how long it could be expected to linger, before moving on to auras, which didn't seem to be relevant at all.

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Wed Apr 07, 2004 3:49 pm

Darren looked at the woman who just "joined their party", and shook his head:

"Are you sure, ma'am? This is not a joke, after all..." he said, almost down to a mutter. Sense, it seemed, had gone.

SALSAlys

Unread postby SALSAlys » Wed Apr 07, 2004 10:10 pm

Waikiki cocked her head to one side, skimming the section on auras again before shutting the book, reflecting on what she had just learned. A bit curious now, she turned to the next volume and began perusing that, niggling portions of her mind starting to contemplate what sort of creature could have performed the killings.

Edited by: [url=http://b3.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=salsalys>SALSAlys</A] at: 4/8/04 8:03 pm

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Sat Apr 10, 2004 2:53 pm

Kelne, for his part, selected a volume which would give him a basic overview of Baronian history for the past four centuries. This would provide a good starting point, and any subjects of interest could be tracked down later.

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Tue Apr 13, 2004 10:25 am

With some amazing luck, Kelne had managed to pick out a book in which someone had thoughtfully provided a detailed index of the contents within.

Waikiki opened the next book, and blinked. None of the inky squiggles within made any sense to her.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Tue Apr 13, 2004 4:04 pm

Kelne scanned down the index, seeing if there was anything of interest.

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Thu Apr 15, 2004 12:13 pm

As his gaze traversed the pages of the index, Kelne found that there were various instances of the word "shadow" coming up within the book, and other words of interest were presumably "magic", "dark", "black", "evil", and so on, all of which occured - how could they not in a country's history? - in various places in the text.

SALSAlys

Unread postby SALSAlys » Thu Apr 15, 2004 2:51 pm

Waikiki gave a confused blink before hastily shutting that book, simply doing a quick skim of all the other books she had, looking for something which was both readable and informative. She tucked the unreadable book to one side though, intending to ask either Kelne or the librarian about that later.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Thu Apr 15, 2004 9:06 pm

"Figures." Well, it wasn't like he had any better leads to follow at the moment. Upon consideration, he just decided to skim his way through the book as a whole. He was a fast enough reader to make this a viable strategy, and there was still a fair bit of time before nightfall.

NebulaQueen

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Tue Apr 20, 2004 8:22 pm

"I assure you, this is no joke. Why don't we just take your companion's suggestion, hmn?"

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Wed Apr 21, 2004 3:54 am

"Depends. Its it well-dusted?"

... He was serious in asking that question.

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Wed Apr 21, 2004 4:14 am

For the first time in awhile, Val wasn't smiling. Just...Looking at the ex-dragoon a bit funny. He seemed...Highly at a loss for words. So, rather than speak...He just stood. Silent.

Dan

!!!

Unread postby Dan » Tue May 04, 2004 8:42 am

"Whatever~! I suppose duty's more important."

This, he said with a bit of a sad tone. As if he didn't want to admit that. But in any case.

"Sir, Madam! Let's just go."

Previous

Return to Gaera Main RPs