Fury of the Storm (PS, Closed)

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
Uncle Pervy

Re: Point: EVERYONE BUT VINCE :(

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Sat Sep 20, 2003 3:42 am

Inverse was not about to march into the army's lap just yet. If he was going to lose his head here, he was going to fill it with something interesting first.

Thus did he duck down a sidestreet, heading away from Squall Castle and Giovanni. He had old contacts to rekindle personally, and a good safehouse to find. He'd be damned if they were staying somewhere public.

He idled wondered if the Children of the Storm had any presence in the city as all anymore.

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Sat Sep 20, 2003 4:23 pm

Over the past few hours, Jak had been both suitably impressed that the oh-so wise Chancellor of Doma hadn't gotten them all killed, as well as being thoroughly miserable about the rain, and his now soaked clothes. His robe was getting very heavy, now being completely water logged, and he had a suspicion the point on this hat was flopping more than it should be.

He made his way after the others towards registration. He wanted to get out of the rain, as well as check the specifics on the tournament.

Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sat Sep 20, 2003 4:40 pm

As the group, minus Inverse, opened the door to the registration office, another man was on his way out, running into Blaze rather strongly by accident. Nodding a quick appology, the man swept out the door and ran down the street. Only Blaze and Jak got an exceptionally good look at him- He was tall, six and a half feet and then some, easily. Wild, messy blonde hair crowned his head, and he saw the world through a pair of intense red eyes. His nose and mouth where covered by a red scarf that blew behind him in the wind just a bit. He wore a green shirt with a sewn in breastplate, and brown leather padded slacks, completing the look with a pair of very warn metal plated combat boots.

Inside, the woman from before sat behind a desk, sipping a warm drink of some sort happily. Next to her sat a man, although it was almost difficult to tell- He was rather pretty for one of his gender, with his long black hair tied back in a ponytail, deep green eyes observing the group from behind a pair of thin glasses, and thin frame. His dress was nice- A black button up shirt, a gray vest resting ontop of it, black dress pants, and although they couldn't be seen, Kumiko and Vince could hear the heavy thud of combat boots as he tapped his foot. He also sported what was seeming to be the uniform black trenchcoat both the woman and Giovanni wore. He looked up at Blaze and smiled casually- "Ah, I've been wondering where the travelers I'd heard so much about were. Welcome to Barius! Here for the tournament, I take it?"

Kumiko knew right away that she had seen this man before, or something remarkably like him. Not identical, the man before her now seemed a bit younger, and didn't talk quite the same. She may have even had a vision of a dark man, very similiar looking to this one, using the butt of a shotgun to knock a small child in the chin hard enough to click her teeth and knock her out.

----------------------

Inverse managed to make his way into one of the residential subsections of the City of Storms with relative ease, and soon found what he was looking for. Dressed like his countrymen, a young, brown haired man in his late teens or early twenties leaned against the wall of a building. Inverse recognised him as the child of an influential member of the Children of the Storm. If they where still around, this boy would know it.

(OOC: THANK YOU, GRAMMAR NAZI JAK.)

Edited by: Shinigori V2  Image at: 9/20/03 4:52 pm

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Sat Sep 20, 2003 4:47 pm

Blaze walked over to the desk, running a hand through his hair.

'That's right. My name is Blaze Schwartzsturm, and I'm here to compete. I would like to sign up, and be informed of the rules and regulations. If you could direct me to a good inn, that, too, would be appreciated.'

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Sat Sep 20, 2003 4:54 pm

Jak waited for Blaze to finish, listening. After all, the elf had asked the same question he was going to himself.

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sat Sep 20, 2003 5:04 pm

The man smiled politely up at Blaze, and pulled out a thick book, opening to a bookmarked page, and taking out a pen, adding Blazes' name to a list of many others. Blaze could see one thing that stood out to him written just a few lines above his name- "Ivan Kremmich- Approved by Aleksei Loaf". Blaze then noticed the man continued to write, yet began speaking at the same time. "The tournament itself is double elimination, any fighting styles allowed, any weapons you want, as long as the spectators remain safe. Magic is allowed, though again, we ask you please keep the spectators in mind. After each bout, which are one-on-one, by the by, both competitors will be tended to by our white mages. We also ask that you control yourself- There's likely to be children watching, and we'd prefer that they aren't forced to see someone sustain a mortal wound just yet. Winner of the competition will be granted one wish, as long as it's in Sir Vaniyakna's power to do so. Any more questions?"

By this time, Blaze's name had been written down, with "Approved by Aleksei Loaf" next to it.

Edited by: Shinigori V2  Image at: 9/20/03 5:05 pm

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Sat Sep 20, 2003 5:13 pm

'No, that should about do it.' Blaze smiled, and bowed once to Mr. Loaf, and once to the young woman. 'I look forward to participating.'

He turned on his heel and left the registration office to look for an inn.

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sat Sep 20, 2003 5:15 pm

The man, probably named Aleksei by the way he signed his name, and the woman both nodded back, then Aleksei chimed in- "As far as accomodations go, there's a nice little inn down the street, the Storms Eye, that's giving discounts to particpants. It may be worth your time to check it out."

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Unread postby Capntastic » Sat Sep 20, 2003 5:15 pm

Kyle stepped up as well, preparing to use his false name again.

"Hiya there, I'm Riley Brodinshire, all set to compete"
His smile gave the suggestion of a friendly over-confidence. Such fun were false identities!

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sat Sep 20, 2003 5:18 pm

The woman smiled up at Kyle, as Aleksei wrote the required name + authorisation down. Then he smiled up politely at Kyle. "Good to meet you, Riley. I look forward to seeing what you can do. Good luck."

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Sat Sep 20, 2003 5:23 pm

Muttering something in annoyance, Jak walked up to the desk.

"I'll be signing up as well. Jack Soloman."

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sat Sep 20, 2003 5:24 pm

Jaks 'fake name' was soon on the list, and Aleksei smiled at him. "A mage, I take it? I'd like to see how my guns fare against your magic."

Shinigori V2

Horray for forgetting something semi-important and fixing!

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sat Sep 20, 2003 5:30 pm

After a moment of thought, both Jak and Blaze realised something, an apifany of sorts. When the large man ran into blaze earlier, they had both noticed something black and chitenous on his right arm, but couldn't figure out what it was. Upon futher thought of it, they both realised it was a very sharp, wicked looking claw, something both had seen before somewhere...

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Sat Sep 20, 2003 5:30 pm

"I'm sure it'll be most....interesting."

In Jak's head, plans were already weaving themselves. Most involved incinerating the Barian before he could fire a shot. For the moment, the thought of of the tall man was of secondary importance.

Edited by: Jak Snide  Image at: 9/20/03 5:32 pm

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Sat Sep 20, 2003 5:31 pm

Acknowledging the man's suggestion, Blaze walked along the street, specifically searching for an inn that wasn't the Storm's Eye.

After being connected with Inverse, who was obviously supected, and Vince, who had almost ruined everything, Blaze didn't want to be where Vaniyakna's pawns expected him to be...

Edited by: Blaze Yamato Spirit at: 9/20/03 5:37 pm

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Re: Horray for forgetting something semi-important and fixin

Unread postby Kelne » Sat Sep 20, 2003 7:04 pm

Kelne made his own way up to the counter. "I'm Kelne, he said briefly, "and I'll be putting my name down for the tournament as well."

Reako Somner
Always sleepy, never asleep

Unread postby Reako Somner » Sat Sep 20, 2003 7:07 pm

Reako walked up afterward, likely the last of the bunch.

"Uhm, hello, my name is Doug Finn, and I am signing up for the tournament"

Reako figured this would get a negative reaction as always.

"Please don't laugh, I can do more than you might think.. ^_^;;"

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sat Sep 20, 2003 7:24 pm

Aleksei wrote Kelnes name down and approved, then looked over the desk at Reako and narrowed his eyes. "Hm...Who let the dog in? I didn't know that puppies could compete in the-OOF!"

The abrupt halt was at the blue eyed womans elbow being forced into his gut. She then leaned over, snatched the pen, and wrote Reakos fake name in the book, then next to it- "Authorised by Nezetta". She put the pen down and smiled sweetly at Reako. "Be careful, Doug. I'd hate to see a sweety like you get hurt."

Aleksei was still rubbing his stomach. Although it didn't look horrible painful, the blow to the stomach was apparantly much worse than it looked.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Sat Sep 20, 2003 7:38 pm

Kelne wasn't particularly mollified by this, directing The Glare upon Aleksei and making a mental note not to go the least bit easy on him should he encounter him in the tournament.

Not that he intended to go easy on anybody, but there were varying degrees of 'hard'...

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Sat Sep 20, 2003 8:19 pm

Inverse approached the man causally, as if he were going to make light conversation. After making certain no one was around to hear, and no one was looking, he repeated the traditional greeting of the Children: "The rain falls eternal, my brother."

Edited by: Uncle Pervy  Image at: 9/20/03 8:21 pm

Reako Somner

What can I say, I got sick of the current title

Unread postby Reako Somner » Sat Sep 20, 2003 10:26 pm

Reako ignored the insult, since he figured he'd get such things alot in this country from what he was told. He then turned to the others with him.

"Well, I think we did all we can here for now... should we head for that inn that was mentioned?"

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Re: What can I say, I got sick of the current title

Unread postby Capntastic » Sat Sep 20, 2003 11:15 pm

"Hmm...Actually Reako, I was planning on asking around a bit to dig up some information about some of the other participants. Want to come with me?"

Kyle did not feel he should trust to much in the local Inns, either way, what with all of the 'excitement' in the City.

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sun Sep 21, 2003 4:58 am

Inside the recruiting office, Aleksei and the woman appeared to share a few harsh words with oneanother in Barian, a tongue widely unknown across Igala, untill Aleksei turned to Vince, waiting for him to either register or leave.

---------------

Outside, the rain continued to pour steadily. Blaze found plenty of Inns, but none had any occupancy. According to the managment in all of them, many travelers had come into town for the festivities, which struck Blaze as odd, they had yet to come accross anyone else that looked even remotely foreign. It seemed their only choice of lodgings at the moment would be at the Storms Eye.

---------------

The young man turned to Inverse and repeated the greeting, then stared for a moment in almost disbeleif. It wasn't every day someone approached you with that greeting. After a minute or two of whispered introductions between the two, the young man lead Inverse to a small house a couple of blocks away, allowing Inverse to enter first, then entering himself, locking the door behind him. He sat Inverse at a small table lit dimly by candles, fortunatly they had a floor above them to prevent leaks from the roof from becoming an issue. And there Inverse sat, getting updated on the situation.

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Sun Sep 21, 2003 5:03 am

A nasty suspicion began taking shape in Blaze's mind. He couldn't quite put a finger on just what it was telling him yet, but he was sure it would come to him soon.

He walked slowly back towards the Storm's Eye, the downpour hardly bothering him, so deeply engrossed was he in his thoughts.

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sun Sep 21, 2003 5:53 am

As Blaze walked into the Storms Eye, he noticed that it was a fairly nice place. Just inside the entrance was a small dining area and a bar, and stairs leading up to the rooms. It was relatively empty, compared to how crowded the streets where- Only three patrons: A man and a woman talking, and a woman in a black coat with silver swirly designs on it sat at the bar, nursing a drink. The tender used a rag to wipe down the counter, and looked up at Blaze, smiling kindly. "Hello, Sir. Welcome to the Storms Eye. Go ahead and seat yourself, and the waitress'll be right with ya."

(OOC: I have important matters to discuss with all of you. IM me whenever you're on AIM and I'll speak with you in private. This means EVERYONE, expecially Vince.)

Edited by: Shinigori V2  Image at: 9/21/03 5:59 am

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Sun Sep 21, 2003 6:03 am

Blaze nodded and returned the smile, sitting on one of the barstools and slouching forward over the bar slightly.

The inns are all fully booked by foreigners but this one. Yet I haven't seen any other non-Barians but us... Which means that the innkeeps have been lying to me. We're being forced into this inn. So that we can be watched. Or worse. ...And if I take this logic one step further... it means that Vaniyakna expected us to come from the start, and that the whole tournament is a sham.

He smiled to himself and chuckled slightly.

I've really got myself knee deep in the latrine this time.

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sun Sep 21, 2003 6:18 am

The woman in the now-all-too-fimiliar black trenchcoat looked over to Blaze and smiled. She was a small, purple haired woman in her mid twenties. She was pretty, and it seemed almost as if she knew it. She held up a finger to get the barkeeps attention. Soon after, a shot of Vodka was delivered to Blaze, the bartender pointing to the woman, who simply smiled politely and waved, then made her way over.

"New in town, da? I can tell. You have the look of the foreigner."

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Sun Sep 21, 2003 6:32 am

'That's right.'

Blaze's eyes were on the vodka. There was nothing else in the world but himself, the vodka, and the woman's disembodied voice.

From the woman's perspective, she would see Blaze having something like a staring match with it. And as vodka doesn't blink, it seemed like he would lose.

...and all of a sudden he straightened and smiled, the drink all but forgotten.

'I am terribly sorry, but I don't drink alcohol... And I can't refund you until I get some money exhanged. I knew I'd forgotten something.'

Shinigori V2

Vodka: *Blinks*

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sun Sep 21, 2003 6:38 am

The woman simply smiled and signaled for the tender to take it back. "Is okay. No charge for drinks here due to friends in high places. I know the management. Zo, what bring you to our little corner of world? Here for tournament? Business? ....Pleasure?"

Blaze could tell that the woman was all but climbing on top of him with the last word- It seemed as if she KNEW he was a married man when she said it, but Blaze had yet to even begin to mention his personal life, how could she?

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Re: Vodka: *Blinks*

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Sun Sep 21, 2003 6:45 am

Blaze, though disturbed, didn't show it outwardly save for a tiny twitch of his eyebrow. He shrugged slightly.

'One could argue all three. The tournament could be considered both business and pleasure, could it not?'

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sun Sep 21, 2003 6:49 am

The woman raised a brow at the comment. "So, is business to travel to foreign country and compete in brutal tournament for you? And pleasureable, no less? Well, I know of a few things that are much more pleasurable than pain, if you know what I mean."

By now, the woman was all but climbing ontop of Blaze, though it didn't seem like THAT would last.

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Sun Sep 21, 2003 7:03 am

Blaze tried to work out a way to stop the woman without upsetting her.

'So do I, but I didn't come here to partake of such pleasures.' He chuckled. 'My wife would find out if I did, and then life wouldn't be worth living.'

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sun Sep 21, 2003 7:06 am

The woman simply smirked. "How would your wife find out? She is out of country, ja? And we Barians can be very, very tight lipped."

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Sun Sep 21, 2003 7:22 am

'She's incredibly perceptive, and it doesn't help that she can read me like a book.'

Blaze had a backup plan, should she persist, but he didn't want to use magic on the woman unless she left him no choice.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Sun Sep 21, 2003 7:41 pm

Deciding that there was nothing more to be gained here, Kelne left the registry office and set about wandering the streets. Couldn't hurt to familiarise himself with the city, particularly if he wanted to make a quick getaway.

He did something similar pretty much every time he arrived somewhere new, and it had come in very handy on occasion. It was also an opportunity to discover if he was being watched. The odds of someone else following the same meandering path as himself by chance were slim to nonexistent.

Reako Somner

Unread postby Reako Somner » Sun Sep 21, 2003 8:03 pm

Reako turned to Kyle

"Well, I dunno what else there is for us to do for now. Sure."

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Unread postby Capntastic » Sun Sep 21, 2003 8:08 pm

"Alrighty. Lets go" He said smiling.

And out he went, looking for anyone that was obviously a participant in the tournament.

ChancellorSmartz

Unread postby ChancellorSmartz » Sun Sep 21, 2003 8:59 pm

Vince cleared his throat and just simply said "Shade." He appropiately waited for the others to part so that no one would suspect that he was with them. From his earlier run in from the Barians, the group seemed mad at him. But he did not see a reason to be like that, because he was mostly on his own on this. But he knew that his so called "mistake" got the others upset because they were afraid he would blow their "cover", but he purposely did that to get suspicion solely on him. He wanted to be known by Vaniyakna, and only him, even as his alias.

"Shade is my name."

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sun Sep 21, 2003 11:21 pm

Aleksei smiled up at Vince and wrote the required information down in the book. Then his smile changed to a bit of a smirk, as he stated "Good luck in the competition, 'Shade', I'll be looking forward to watching."

-------------

Kelne spent a good deal of time fimiliarising himself with the city. One thing of note was a rather large house, expecially compared to the rest of them- The windows where shattered, the walls burnt, the house itself in ruin. On a placard by the front door, Kelne could make out part of a name- "A-a-zi-ni", the rest was covered in soot. The house looked as if it had been ransacked and then burned, the upper floor being entirely burnt out, and through the windows of the upper floor that large sections of the roof where missing.

-------------

Kyle and Reako managed to find a pair of men practicing in a courtyard between some of the houses. The larger of the two hefted a large axe, and was practicing swinging it at a smaller target in the reduced visability of the rain. He wore the typical armored clothes, and an executioners hood, with a little bit of a white beard sticking out from under it. The other was a smaller man with a pair of pistols in his hand, aiming them as he dodged the larger mans axe, and trying to keep his footing in the rain. He wore a black leather jacket, with a black shirt under the jacket. Covering his legs where black jeans with metalic plates in key places, and on his feet where armored shoes. His black hair was messy and unkept, and he wore a pair of incredibly dark sunglasses over his eyes...

-------------

Back at the Storms Eye, the woman had all but given up on hitting on Blaze. Instead, she turned to him and asked- "So, what you ask for if win?"

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Mon Sep 22, 2003 12:11 am

Subtle. It reminded Kelne of what had happened to Schere Keep, left as a shattered ruin as an example of the price of defying the Powers That Be. It didn't take a great deal of imagination to work out whose house it had been.

He spent a few minutes there, not so much studying the ruins as lost in reflection. First came the actual threats to power, then those who spoke up against you, then some guy who looked at you funny. By the looks, Vaniyakna was pretty close to moving on to the third category. If he hadn't already. Heck, it sounded like he was ready to move on to countries which had looked at him funny.

Well, that was what Kelne was there for. To put an end to this sort of madness. Abandoning his contemplation of the ruins, he resumed his course through town, now looking for a place to stay. No sense in making it easy for the authorities to keep an eye on him, anyway...

PreviousNext

Return to Gaera Main RPs