Fury of the Storm (PS, Closed)

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
User avatar
Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.
 
Posts: 7996
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2002 6:13 pm

Re: Holy shit, I'm posting! :O!

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Wed Jan 28, 2004 12:29 am

A young looking wagon master looked to Jak, a bit of a glare in his eyes. It seems Jak wasn't the first to ask this question. "It'll set you back about 50 Kurlens, and take about...Three hours, at the longest."


Blaze Yamato Spirit
 

Re: Holy shit, I'm posting! :O!

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:28 pm

'.............'

That really about summed it up. Except maybe the following:

'I believe the Barians have a word for situations like this. Vahkker!'

Blaze really had no choice but to start walking.


User avatar
Jak Snide
 
Posts: 5457
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 7:14 am
Location: London

Re: Holy shit, I'm posting! :O!

Unread postby Jak Snide » Wed Jan 28, 2004 8:34 pm

"Do you take Gil?" he asked, hoping that the trip would get him there in time for his match.


User avatar
Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.
 
Posts: 7996
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2002 6:13 pm

We all know what happens when these guys take gil :(

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Wed Jan 28, 2004 8:49 pm

The cartmaster gave Jak a bit of a look, then nodded, slowly. "Yeah...We'll take your gil. Try to get it changed as soon as you can, though. Others might not be as nice in the future."


User avatar
Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!
 
Posts: 3604
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 2:02 am
Location: New Zealand

Re: Holy shit, I'm posting! :O!

Unread postby Kelne » Thu Jan 29, 2004 8:45 pm

With his own match taking place in the city of storms, Kelne didn't have to go anywhere, so he settled himself in to observe the matches taking place before his. It never hurt to get a bead on a potential adversary. Of course, others would doubtless be observing his own matches, but that was alright - he had no intention of revealing all his tricks early on. Or at all, if he could help it.


User avatar
Jak Snide
 
Posts: 5457
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 7:14 am
Location: London

Re: Holy shit, I'm posting! :O!

Unread postby Jak Snide » Fri Jan 30, 2004 10:17 am

Handing over his money, Jak hopped onto the cart and found himself a seat, half wondering if Barius' peasantry was educated enough to not gawp at passing mages.


User avatar
Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!
 
Posts: 4579
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2002 2:09 pm

Shoowah!

Unread postby Capntastic » Mon Feb 02, 2004 4:44 pm

Kyle, meanwhile, made his way about trying to find the quickest way to get to his destination. Teleportation; ah, the wonders of magical transportation! 100 Kurlens, and some flashy spell later, Kyle was on his way to Hailon in style!


User avatar
Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.
 
Posts: 7996
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2002 6:13 pm

:(

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Mon Feb 02, 2004 5:13 pm

Jak managed to find himself the last spot on the wagon- Right next to a rather loud swordsman. The man, who's name Jak managed to catch as Figiro, boasted of his amazing abilities with the sword, and how he would win the tourney hands down.

----

Meanwhile, Kyle found himself in a modest city square, a large arena to the north. He noticed that everything around him had a hard covering of one sort or another protecting it...As icy rocks fell from the skies. Quickly being pulled to shelter by a young woman, he noticed that the streets had quite a good covering of said rocks- Hail. It wouldn't be easy fighting here because of it, but Kyle had the feeling he could manage. The woman, dressed in the vestiges of a Black mage, simply adjusted her hat a bit, and looked to Kyle.

"What, are you crazy, or just new here? No one stands in the middle of the square when the hail's just begining to pick up, it's dangerous!"


User avatar
Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!
 
Posts: 4579
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2002 2:09 pm

Re: :(

Unread postby Capntastic » Mon Feb 02, 2004 6:28 pm

"Uh, very new here, actually...thank you for the tip."

Glancing around at the sky, and then to the ground..

"How often does it pick up?.."


User avatar
Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.
 
Posts: 7996
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2002 6:13 pm

Re: :(

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Mon Feb 02, 2004 6:40 pm

The magess adjusts her hat a bit, looking into the sky herself. "Oh, every now and then. Nothing the natives can't deal with...But I'm hardly a native. I'm from Windor, to the north, so the worst I get is wind. Speaking of that...Where're you from, stranger?"


User avatar
Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.
 
Posts: 7996
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2002 6:13 pm

Re: :(

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Mon Feb 02, 2004 9:35 pm

The magess simply shot Kyle a strange look, and continued observing him a bit as he went about his business. Kyle could see that there where covered areas where one could cross the streets and such, along with coverings for the walking areas of the streets themselves. With just a little navigation, one could likely find themselves in the arena without getting hailed on. However, there was a more direct route- Just suck it up and run through the now heavily falling hail.

-----

Back at Blitz Arena, Kumiko and Kelne observed the first true fight- A pair of swordsman. Almost evenly matched, the fight dragged on quite a bit, from a combination of skill and the weather getting in the way. The fight finally ended when nature intervened and allowed one of the swordmen to be hit with a rather strong blast of lightning, much to the crowds enjoyment. He was carted off as the other swordsman, going by the name of Narayan, was declared the winner, given his proper cheers, and sent off to be checked up before his next fight. Kelne and Kumiko saw that Narayan would be quite difficult, if nothing else than his pure skill. It would take a bit of effort to down him, should he arrise as an opponent. Vaniyakna, however, didn't seem impressed by him at all.

Now, the two had a bit of time before the next match, which just happened to be Kelne's- A full hour to be exact. A few of the people left the stadium for now, going to check out the town, or return home for the time being.

---

Meanwhile, to the south of the City of Storms, Inverse had found his mark- Some ancient ruins, surrounded by a not-so-ancient wall. A few troops patrolled outside the walls, and quickly taking note of their positions, Inverse quickly formulated a plot to put himself within those walls. Putting it into action, he managed to scale the wall, getting over just as the troops came back within eyeshot.

At the far end of the base, he could see some rather new buildings. Closer to him, some older ones- Temples. And in the far corner...A rather large beast, secured in place by a thick chain and a pair of guards. It was a large creature with armored skin, and many horns on it's head, not to mention a bit of extra metalic armor on it's body- WarMachine. Trying not to let it bother him, and not to be seen, Inverse headed for one of the smaller temples that sat beside the main one.

As he entered, he saw a statue atop an alter- A tall, noble looking humanoid- A Barian Demon. He also saw a path leading underground, and twards the main temple. Heading in that direction, he head a pair of boots heading deeper into the main temple. Staying within earshot, he listened to hear if he could pick up anything from whoever had just walked by- And his hopes were answered, as a young man's voice peirced the silence.

"Why do you suppose it's sealed up this way?"

The voice was soon answered by another- A slightly older woman's.

"There could be quite a few reasons, really...Personally, I think this is where he keeps those...Things, you know, WarMachine and the other beasts he keeps around."

Inverse took it all in as the man responded.

"That would at least explain why he wants it guarded so carefully....You suppose there are any...Y'know, things like that around?"

"I don't know. But really, astral scan this place. It's got the same feel to it as Lord Vaniyakna himself, not to mention those little pets."

"Well, let's get out of here, it's creeping me out!"

The woman sucked her teeth at the man. "Toughen up, you're a Knight!"

"Like you aren't scared out of your mind, too!"

The woman paused a moment, then sighed. "Fine. If you want to leave, as your partner, I have to go with you."

The man sounded a bit releaved at that. "Whatever. Let's GO!"

Inverse quickly ducked away as two pairs of feet made their way back through the temple, the heavy stone door slamming shut behind them. Things had gone quiet within the temple.

Heading up, Inverse listened for any activity while checking the room in detail. He saw many carvings in the walls- One of a raging thunderstorm, one of an ice burg, a blizzard raging above it, one of wind blowing through a tree, one of icy rocks falling from the skies....And finally, the largest- A carving of a large group of Barian Demon's, the Emporer class at the top, the 'Lords' below him, the 'Knights' below them, and the 'Peasants' below them. Under that carving, stairs leading down, below the cold, swampy earth. Heading twards those stairs, Inverse attempted to memorize the carvings.

Heading down, Inverse saw a large, cavernous room, lit an eerie green by...A pair of torches, burning with green fire. In the far end of the room sat a massive door, easily 20 feet tall, made of solid stone, with a seal in the middle- A glowing green eye. The door sported more carvings, this time of a battle- Or rather, the scene following a battle. The Demons stand victorious over their crushed enemies. Inverse didn't even need the ability to preform an Astral Scan to know the door was sealed shut by powerful magic- He could feel it.

Taking in the situation, Inverse continued plotting. Against his better judgement...He reached out to the door, placing a hand to it. As soon as he touched it, he felt his hand freeze solid, and jerked it away. However, he also heard a voice, deep in the back of his head. Old, raspy, and mean, the voice gave a rather simple request:

"Get....OUT!"

Shocked, Inverse looked around a little, and responded with a whisper.

"Is someone there?"

Not getting a response, Inverse checked his hand, and picked a bit off ice off of it, carefully. However, he doesn't have much time to think- He soon feels the presense return in his mind, as he involuntarily turns and begins heading to get back to the main temple. Going with it, Inverse quickly found himself in the main room again. Stopping to think about what had just happened, the presense made itself known again- Inverse began walking twards the main door. Taking control of his body again, Inverse headed back out the way he came- Through the connecting tunnel into the sub-temple, and out, twards the back wall.

Stifling the urge to mumble in a language he didn't even know, Inverse took advantage of the fact it was WarMachine's feeding time, and made it back up, and over the wall, and hurried away from the base. However, a tree managed to catch his eye, and...As he looked, he couldn't help be disgusted by it- Disgusted enough that destroying it seemed a viable option.

Doing the best he could to stifle the urge, he soon found it replaced by a new one- Investigating a nearby puddle. Looking into it, he saw something quite strange- Some of his hair had begun to turn white, and his eyes had an orange tint in them.

Assuring himself it was simply an illusion, Inverse moved as quickly as he could back to the City of Storms, and the inn. Heading down to the groups shared room, he quickly looked in the mirror- And found the same as before. Whitening hair, orangy eyes. Letting his guise drop, and reverting to his slime form, Inverse looked again- Although he had no hair to be turned white...His eyes still had an orange tinge in them.

"AAAAARGH!"

Lucky for Inverse, the Opening Cerimony had just gotten out, and none of the residents of the inn had returned yet.

(I had meant to spread out Inverses bit a bit more, but it slipped my mind, and now simple timing won't allow me to. Oh well. :( )

Edited by: Shinigori V2  Image at: 2/2/04 10:33 pm

User avatar
Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!
 
Posts: 4579
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2002 2:09 pm

Re: :(

Unread postby Capntastic » Mon Feb 02, 2004 10:32 pm

"The Mainland. Just arrived a few days ago. For the Tournament, you see. I'm somewhat of a duelist...I suppose I can get pretty far."

Figuring that this kind person probably has better things to do than exchange less than witty banter, Kyle sorta nodded and took a step back, trying to get a view of any nearby shops, and perhaps figuring how to get to the Arena without getting hailed on. He already had one idea..



User avatar
Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!
 
Posts: 4579
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2002 2:09 pm

Re: :(

Unread postby Capntastic » Mon Feb 02, 2004 10:40 pm

Seeing no need to take extraneous risks, he made his way forth to the Arena by way of the overhangs.

I really wonder what this 'Cruz' guy is going to be like?


User avatar
Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!
 
Posts: 3604
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 2:02 am
Location: New Zealand

Re: :(

Unread postby Kelne » Tue Feb 03, 2004 3:19 pm

Upon consideration, Kelne decided to take the opportunity to get his currency changed. By the looks, he'd be jumping about a fair bit over the course of the matches, and it would make life considerably simpler for him.

Not that he'd be exchanging the entirety of the three thousand gil he'd brought along. A thousand ought to be sufficient for his needs, he decided, heading out of the arena and towards a money changer's. In addition, he had a few gems stashed about his person. Handy for some extra cash in an emergency, as well as some more exotic uses.

Having seen some of the competition, some further tipping of the odds might be in order. He'd have to give the matter some thought.


User avatar
Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.
 
Posts: 7996
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2002 6:13 pm

Re: :(

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Thu Feb 12, 2004 8:25 pm

Finding such an agency, a bank just outside the arena itself, Kelne was greeted by a young, green haired man. Weither his hair was naturally the deep shade of forest green it presently was, or weither it was done magically, Kelne couldn't be sure. However, he seemed nice enough.

"Good day, sir! Come to put a little something away for later? Or maybe borrow a bit? We're open to everyone!"

----

Kyle managed to get to the arena safely, but wasn't yet permitted into the entrants part of the complex. For now, he stood inside the arena, between the entrance to the arena itself, and the exit to the city. Various venders and merchants had set up small temporary shops around him, and he had a bit of time to explore before he could even get to the contestants room to prepare.

---

The figure working over Vince began appying their magic, although a bit hurriedly. Muttering to themselves a bit about not wanting to be late, they simply continued their work.


User avatar
Jak Snide
 
Posts: 5457
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 7:14 am
Location: London

Re: :(

Unread postby Jak Snide » Thu Feb 12, 2004 10:35 pm

Jak privately scoffed at the braggart, knowing that the fool would need more than his skill with weapons to best a competent mage. He kept silent, though, since agitating a man with a large stabbing implement who was sitting right next to you was not a clever thing.

He glanced at the owner of the cart, wondering when he'd actually set off.


FlamingDeth
Moderator
 
Posts: 2128
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 1:54 am

:)

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Fri Feb 13, 2004 4:13 pm

Kumiko suspected that this "Naryan" fellow would prove to be more than slight trouble for Kelne, and as such, began attempting to formulate the best non-suspicious manner of assisting him, should they end up fighting...something that seemed more and more likely.

However, antoher thought crossed Kumiko's mind -- an exit plan. Or rather, how little thought was put into theirs. Vaniyakna had seperated them, set them against fighters that would at the very least hurt them and quite possibly kill them, and generally make them unable to take out the dictator. She had come out on top of a fair amount of difficult situations in her day, but even then, the elf knew that situations like this one require some rethinking. If the group ever got back together with a few moments to spare, some new sort of strategy would need to be discussed...


User avatar
Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!
 
Posts: 3604
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 2:02 am
Location: New Zealand

Re: :(

Unread postby Kelne » Fri Feb 13, 2004 8:27 pm

"Hoping to switch currencies to something a little more convenient," Kelne said, "What's the exchange rate on Doman gil at the moment?"


User avatar
Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.
 
Posts: 7996
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2002 6:13 pm

Re: :(

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sun Mar 14, 2004 4:21 pm

The green haired man looked at Kelne, and thought a minute. "Two Kurlen to one Gil. Gonna make the exchange?"

By now, about half an hour, exactly half the time alotted before Kelnes match, had passed. He could get his currency exchanged now, but he wouldn't have time for much afterwards, if he wanted to get back in time to prepare a bit.

----

The cart Jak was situated in slowly filled up to it's maximum capacity, maybe moreso, as the rain continued to pour. The owner, after confirming the destination, began off. Figiro continued his boasting, even while others told him to can it. It seemed nothing short of the cartmaster silencing him himself would do the trick, and he seemed a bit too busy navigating to care about what his passengers where doing.

----

Meanwhile, some distance away, a heavy snow began falling over Blaze as he trecked through the fields outside of Blizzardia. He was on his way; he could tell by the ever increasing snowfall, and the dropping temperature. However, it would still take awhile to get there.

----

Back in the City of Storms, Inverse, dispite his shock, heard the steps leading down to the groups private room creaking, as a voice called out- The wife of the inn owner. It seemed she had decided to stay behind after all.

"Is everything okay down there?"


User avatar
Jak Snide
 
Posts: 5457
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 7:14 am
Location: London

Re: :(

Unread postby Jak Snide » Sun Mar 14, 2004 6:40 pm

Leaning back and trying to encolose his mind in his own thoughts, Jak attempted to cut himself of from the outside world, including the boastful fool, until he'd got to his destination.


Uncle Pervy
 

Re: :(

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Mon Mar 15, 2004 5:03 pm

"Everything's fine!" Inverse snaps, suddenly irritated at the interruption. "Go away!"


User avatar
Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!
 
Posts: 3604
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 2:02 am
Location: New Zealand

Re: :(

Unread postby Kelne » Tue Mar 16, 2004 4:01 pm

"Yeah, I will," Kelne said, fishing out his 1000 gil and placing it on the counter.


User avatar
Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.
 
Posts: 7996
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2002 6:13 pm

Re: :(

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Tue Mar 16, 2004 4:23 pm

The banker took Kelne's 1000 gil, returning him 2000 Kurlens, various coins with the markings of weather patterns in many sizes and colors. By now, Kelne would hear the arena begining to fill up again- Maybe it was time to head back?

----

The creaking on the stairs near Inverse ceased, as the woman called down again. "Alright, but if you have trouble, you know where to find me!" And, with that, she started back to the main floor.


User avatar
Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!
 
Posts: 3604
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 2:02 am
Location: New Zealand

Re: :(

Unread postby Kelne » Tue Mar 16, 2004 4:53 pm

His business complete, Kelne made his way back to the arena. It wouldn't do to be late...


Uncle Pervy
 

Re: :(

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Tue Mar 16, 2004 11:34 pm

"The Storm take them all..." Inverse grumbles. "All of them..."

He stops, and shudders; which is a rather interesting thing to observe in an amorph. "Gotta calm down..." he tells himself, "Gotta think this out."

His first step in doing this is to cast his human form spell, and returning to the shape he has grown far more comfortable with over the years. Quickly dressing again, he plops down on his bed, and stares at the ceiling. As he does, a realization comes to him.

"I did it..." he whispers. "By the Storm...I did it."

I actually broke into the Devils' Sanctuary...and I got away. Their most guarded base...And, I got in.

Quickly, he works to compile and remember everything that he has seen. Trying to recall every detail, he plots to map it when he gets from Barius, and journalize every detail, if only for the sake of history. That will show those fools, the arrogant stupid bastards. Let them wonder how I got my hands on this, it'll give them something to do until I crush them!

Inverse stops, and shakes his head. He shuddered as he thought back over that. He would have to be careful from now on...


Previous

Return to Gaera Main RPs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron

Yalogank