Clean Up Job:Target Slums [clsd]

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
Nekogami
 
Posts: 1204
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2002 12:28 pm

Clean Up Job:Target Slums [clsd]

Unread postby Nekogami » Sat Nov 29, 2003 12:49 pm

Andy Tsung, or to those native to the country Terumahilana, Yuan Di Tsung, had little time admiring his new office-a room in a local noble's home. He had been given the prestigious duty of helping rebuild Doma by the Queen of Doma herself.

He had to admit when he approached the Queen with his proposal he had two things going against him: Aolong and Aolong. She's a very infamous person even in the short time she's cursed Doma with her presence. But now was no time to pat himself on the back. He had to prove his worth, Lanese style; with passion, ferocity, meticulousness, and, above all, utter success.

He was rather 'bummed' (A word he picked up from the street) the find that the first sector he planned to rebuild was infested with criminals. People known as 'Shango'. It was minor setback. There were plenty of locals looking for a hot gold and he was willing to offer it. The poster read very simply.

"Official Government Order
Warriors needed.
Inquire to 173 Eikre Boulevard to
Chief Contracter of Reconstruction
Andy Tsung
Rewards are undeniable"

He had it posted in all of the local bars in hopes that people would respond.

So while he began sketching a plotting, the rulers and other measuring tools in a flurry, he awaited response. He had no time for twiddling thumbs. He had a city to help rebuild.

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=nekogami>Nekogami</A]&nbsp; Image at: 12/1/03 3:55 am

Koneko
 

<_< >_> I was forced into this, I swear!

Unread postby Koneko » Sat Nov 29, 2003 9:59 pm

Thorwen wasn't really one for dramatic entrances, it was certain. Though he could probably teleport in with poof and a sparkle, possibly dashing off some odd catchphrase, the thought struck him that such an arrival method would not only be counterproductive and probably end up getting him killed, but would probably be unspeakably cheesy.

As such, he did the thing everyone else did: knocked on the door of this nobleman's house, awaiting the butler or some other functionary to assist him.


Nekogami
 
Posts: 1204
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2002 12:28 pm

Re: <_< >_> I was forced into this, I swear!

Unread postby Nekogami » Sat Nov 29, 2003 11:19 pm

The door was promptly opened and Thorwen was directed to Andy Tsung. The Long did not look up from his work until the maid clear her throat powerfully.

"Hn? Oh, come in sit down. Who are you?"


Koneko
 

Re: <_< >_> I was forced into this, I swear!

Unread postby Koneko » Sun Nov 30, 2003 12:30 am

Spotting a convenient chair, Thorwen unstrapped his staff and bow and leaned them against it and took off his cloak. He sat, leaning one elbow against the chair arm, and simply said,

"Thorwen Janai, here about your call for warriors, naturally. While not a... fighter in any sense of the term, I believe I can be of some use to you. What are the details of this job?"

And why in Kayne's name was he here? Well, one had to keep busy, naturally, and if he knew his superiors, they'd appreciate information on this little endeavor. They always did.

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=koneko@rpgww60462>Koneko</A] at: 11/30/03 12:30 am

Nekogami
 
Posts: 1204
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2002 12:28 pm

Re: <_< >_> I was forced into this, I swear!

Unread postby Nekogami » Sun Nov 30, 2003 1:49 pm

"Well, there are Shango in the 4th district. This area recieved much less damage so I wanted to start there. It is in the slums however... The Shango are badgering the people into giving them protection money and causing civil unrest...." Andy's had a peculiar accent for someone from 'Lana. It has heavy but heavily Inustani with a hint of Alahanese.

He put his pencil down long enough to examine Thorwen. "It won't be easy but this is what I need you to do. I want you to convince the Owner of First Doman Bank to fund the rebuilding in District 4. I could do it but he's stubborn and using my Lanese ability to negotiate isn't conducive with my current title." He vaguely motioned to a gold gilded skull on his mantle.

"After you do that, come back here for more instruction."


User avatar
Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.
 
Posts: 7996
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2002 6:13 pm

Re: <_< >_> I was forced into this, I swear!

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sun Nov 30, 2003 4:47 pm

Over the city, a small shadow swiftly moved through the streets, it's owner looking down at the people while many went about their business, blissfully unaware. Those who did look up would see a dragonhalf- A small man with a bandanna on his head, wild brown hair sticking out atop it, green shirt and brown vest spotless, though his brown pants had some steins on them, his light green wings carrying him as fast as possible twards the noblemens house.

When he arrived, he gave the door a sharp knock, and called out, loud- "I'm here about the rewards!"

It was quite obvious he hadn't bothered to read the entire thing.


Nekogami
 
Posts: 1204
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2002 12:28 pm

Re: <_< >_> I was forced into this, I swear!

Unread postby Nekogami » Sun Nov 30, 2003 9:52 pm

A harried maid promptly opened the door and berated him for his rudeness. Muttering about vagabonds, she lead him to the door of Andy Tsung.

"He's with someone right now," she said sharply. "Keep your voice down if it's not too hard." She flipped up her nose and walked off leaving the hooligan to his own hooligan devices.


User avatar
Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.
 
Posts: 7996
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2002 6:13 pm

Re: <_< >_> I was forced into this, I swear!

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sun Nov 30, 2003 10:06 pm

Loake simply folded his wings behind his back and leaned against the wall. The servant wasn't worth his time, he decided...Instead, he'd talk to the main in charge to find out just what he needed to do to get rewarded.


Koneko
 

Re: <_< >_> I was forced into this, I swear!

Unread postby Koneko » Mon Dec 01, 2003 1:37 am

Thorwen crossed his arms. Sounded a simple enough job, though he had little doubt that sooner or later, it would involve crossing someone that didn't need to be crossed, beginning with an Sh and ending with an ango. In all honesty, he had no interest in a run-in with their ilk. One would only end up having a shorter lifespan than most flies enjoyed.

Still, it didn't seem a difficult task. Yet.

"Very well," he nodded briefly and quirked an eyebrow, "anything I more about the owner I should be aware of that I could use?"

Blackmail never hurt, after all. And if he didn't need it to do the job, he could... enhance his salary a bit when all was said and done.

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=koneko@rpgww60462>Koneko</A] at: 12/1/03 2:13 am

Nekogami
 
Posts: 1204
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2002 12:28 pm

Re: <_< >_> I was forced into this, I swear!

Unread postby Nekogami » Mon Dec 01, 2003 1:48 am

"Hmmm...." Andy considered his question for a moment, drumming up the resources of his already full memory. "He's afraid of funding another project because he spent significant amount of money on a failed project in Riva. A casino, I think. Anyway, he managed to cover his tracks so no one knows but because of the war a lot of people are trying to pull out their money. He claims they can't because the country is in a state of emergency but the truth is that he's wasted the bank reserves. He's got a settlement coming in a few weeks so we want first chance at it. "


Koneko
 

Re: <_< >_> I was forced into this, I swear!

Unread postby Koneko » Mon Dec 01, 2003 2:13 am

Thorwen pondered the situation for a moment. Doubtless the owner would want some sort of guarantee that this project was going to succeed.

Great. Well, if it meant calling on Leftsider... or even the guard... he supposed it would have to do.

He nodded, stood and retrieved his weapons.

"Very well," he said simply, "it shall be as you ask."

Putting them back on, he bowed and proceeded out the door.


Nekogami
 
Posts: 1204
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2002 12:28 pm

Re: <_< >_> I was forced into this, I swear!

Unread postby Nekogami » Mon Dec 01, 2003 2:18 am

Andy nodded and as the door swung open, he noticed Loake waiting. "Hmm, today has been profitable.... NEXT!" He barked. He immediately busied himself with rulers and pencil.


User avatar
Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.
 
Posts: 7996
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2002 6:13 pm

Re: <_< >_> I was forced into this, I swear!

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Mon Dec 01, 2003 2:23 am

Loake pushed himself off the wall, entering slowly, swishing his tail behind him in an attempt to add to the effect that he didn't really care much about what was going on- Although secretly, he wanted the reward. Taking a seat, he adjusted to his wings and tail- It had been some time scince his transformation, but he still had to conciously remember to account for them. Clearing his throat quickly, he stated his intentions- "I'm here about the reward?"


Vampire Jester Jinx
 

Re: <_< >_> I was forced into this, I swear!

Unread postby Vampire Jester Jinx » Mon Dec 01, 2003 2:25 am

A certain disgruntled, and quirky mother wiped the corner of her mouth, having just finished a filling meal, when she spotted a new notice up. The lure of a potential distraction from her children, and at the moment, her rather moot job of procuring entertainment for the king, Jazz Tymisonn rushed over to read it.

She bumbled through the first bit, and turned to walk off. Thinking better of it she reread it a few times and set off towards the house in question, jingling merrily as she went, a flurry of white skin and pink, purple, and red robes.

She arrives at the door and raps impatiently on the door, hopping from foot to foot. Not getting a response that VERY second she follows it up with more impatient knocking.


Nekogami
 
Posts: 1204
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2002 12:28 pm

Re: <_< >_> I was forced into this, I swear!

Unread postby Nekogami » Mon Dec 01, 2003 2:26 am

"Right then. You'll need to complete a mission for me before you can be reward." Scribble, scribble. "It won't be easy. This is no mere walk in the park." Erase.


The same maid rushed to the door. "GOODNESS! I, unlike a mage!, cannot teleport to the door, you hooligan! What is it THIS time?" She crossed her arms and gave Jinx a condescending look of utter disapproval.

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=nekogami>Nekogami</A]&nbsp; Image at: 12/1/03 2:28 am

User avatar
Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.
 
Posts: 7996
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2002 6:13 pm

Re: <_< >_> I was forced into this, I swear!

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Mon Dec 01, 2003 2:29 am

"What kind of mission're we talkin', here? Because I'm not some errand boy...Unless that's what's going to get me paid."


Koneko
 

Re: <_< >_> I was forced into this, I swear!

Unread postby Koneko » Mon Dec 01, 2003 2:32 am

Giving a brief glance at the dragonhalf as he walked out the door, he slowly plodded along to the vicinity of the entranceway, looking around the nobleman's house, taking note of anything and everything valuable.

This place just might be getting another visit soon...


Nekogami
 
Posts: 1204
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2002 12:28 pm

Re: <_< >_> I was forced into this, I swear!

Unread postby Nekogami » Mon Dec 01, 2003 2:35 am

Andy looked up and sighed. His disapproval was visible as he slowly put down his tools. This one isn't smart enough for the more difficult duty. I'll keep things simple...

"I"ll need someone to go to Doman harbor and deal with the immigration officer. All you'll need to do it hand him these papers." With that he slid a brown folder from under a pile of colored pencils and held it out to Loake. "After that, find transportation for the immigrant workers. They must all get to Doma at any cost. Any losses will result in a docking of your reward. Understood?"


Vampire Jester Jinx
 

Re: <_< >_> I was forced into this, I swear!

Unread postby Vampire Jester Jinx » Mon Dec 01, 2003 2:40 am

Jinx looks up at the mage with wide red eyes. "mm here about the ad. For the money? The jobs? And who's a hooligan?" She taps her foot, waiting for the maid to show her in.


User avatar
Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.
 
Posts: 7996
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2002 6:13 pm

Re: <_< >_> I was forced into this, I swear!

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Mon Dec 01, 2003 2:40 am

A smirk crossed Loakes lips...And that soon became a fullblown grin. Did this bafoon have any idea who he was talking to?...Might as well ask, he thought!

"...Do you have any idea who you're talking to? I'm Loake Raven Recht! Airship designer and pilot extrodonaire! You'll get your transportation...Although it'll likely cost you a pretty Gil or two."

Taking the folder, he gave Andy a look.

"You sure there isn't something else you want? This won't be any problem for me."

Loake didn't bother to mention that his ships, at the moment, were in storage to be retrofitted and restored after the war.


Nekogami
 
Posts: 1204
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2002 12:28 pm

Re: <_< >_> I was forced into this, I swear!

Unread postby Nekogami » Mon Dec 01, 2003 2:44 am

The maid threw up her hands in exasperation and motioned for Jinx to follow her. She gave her the same cold treatment as Loake and told her to wait at the door until she was summoned by Andy.

Inside, Loake recieved the uncaring look of Andy. "Right, right. If a shining gil or two is all you want then we'll both be happy. At any rate, this is all I'll need from you. Get them her in three days and you'll be a "pretty gil or two" richer." Back to the drawing board, ancestors know he wasn't going to waste his time on another helpless gwailo.


User avatar
Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.
 
Posts: 7996
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2002 6:13 pm

Re: <_< >_> I was forced into this, I swear!

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Mon Dec 01, 2003 2:46 am

"Hmph. Alright then. I'll see what I can do."

Making sure he had what he was given, he quickly got up, making sure to hit the chair with his tail, hopefully hard enough to knock it over, and walked out, as if he didn't even notice.


Vampire Jester Jinx
 

~lelelelele

Unread postby Vampire Jester Jinx » Mon Dec 01, 2003 2:46 am

Jinx follows the maid, making a series of faces at her as she does. Then waits outside the door, trying to listen in the best she can, while appearing to check the current state of her nails.


Koneko
 

Re: <_< >_> I was forced into this, I swear!

Unread postby Koneko » Mon Dec 01, 2003 2:48 am

Thorwen glanced at Jazz as she passed. Ah yes, his old friend the vampire. Well, he wasn't working with her, at least. Not that he really minded when he did; she brought an angle of "common sense" which was, in of itself, a tad foreign to him.

"Good day, miss Jazz," he nodded politely, "I do hope you're well?"


Nekogami
 
Posts: 1204
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2002 12:28 pm

Re: ~lelelelele

Unread postby Nekogami » Mon Dec 01, 2003 2:49 am

The chair wobbled but Andy didn't even look up. As the door opened, it was apparent that it was the pretty jester Jinx's turn in the hot seat. The furry armed architect and political figured gave her a surprised look.

He then smiled warmly. "A vampire... What are the odds?"


Vampire Jester Jinx
 

Re: ~lelelelele

Unread postby Vampire Jester Jinx » Mon Dec 01, 2003 2:54 am

Jazz gave a quirky half smile at Thorwen. "G'day Bob." Before strutting in and giving a wide fang filled grin to the man addressing her. "Odds of strange-ness always a bit higher 'round here. Specially in the pubs."

She thrust a tiny hand at him, in hopes of a shake. "Jazz Tymisonn. Although I've been known as Jinx. I'm hopin' to be of help with the job ad ya posted."


User avatar
Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.
 
Posts: 7996
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2002 6:13 pm

Re: ~lelelelele

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Mon Dec 01, 2003 2:57 am

Loake gave Thor and Jazz a glance as he passed. Not worth his time, either, he decided. He just wanted to get this over with as soon as possible- And thus, he made for the front door.


Nekogami
 
Posts: 1204
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2002 12:28 pm

Re: ~lelelelele

Unread postby Nekogami » Mon Dec 01, 2003 2:58 am

Andy stood and bowed before he took her tiny hand is his larger paw and shook it gently. "So I've been told by the lords around her. I spent a good part of my life in Igala though chasing the occult and darkness. It's nice to see a familiar face."

He sat on the edge of his desk, curling his long tail into a coil and regarded his reptilian feet. "Ah, yes the job ad. I think I have just the thing for you. I hope you don't mind a little violence?" He smirked.


Vampire Jester Jinx
 

Motherly ways.

Unread postby Vampire Jester Jinx » Mon Dec 01, 2003 3:02 am

"Sir, I'm the mother of three children, and really in charge of five if you count my husband and his bastard child. Violence is part of the job description to keep a level head. Throw it at me, an' I'll manage best I can." Jazz seats herself, and radiates her bizarre little aura of confidence.


Koneko
 

Re: ~lelelelele

Unread postby Koneko » Mon Dec 01, 2003 3:02 am

Thorwen proceeded to let himself out of the house after having stored various bits and pieces about it in his memory. Strolling outside, he glanced around at the darkness and wrapped his cloak more tightly about himself in the cold, shivering now and then. He needed new garb, and he would take care of that first. As such, the place he went to was not the First Doman Bank, but a simple shop that sold clothing.

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=koneko@rpgww60462>Koneko</A] at: 12/1/03 3:09 am

Nekogami
 
Posts: 1204
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2002 12:28 pm

Re: ~lelelelele

Unread postby Nekogami » Mon Dec 01, 2003 3:06 am

Andy gave a hearty laugh. "I like that! I'll give you a most challenging mission then. You must go to the slums in District 4 and get that worm Shango underling, Jalen Awrie out of there. Once he's gone we can get rebuilding underway. It won't be easy because he has a lot of workers on the street pushing drugs and harassing the citizens. Find him and get rid of him. Come back here when you're done and I'll reward you handsomely."

He walked back to his side of the desk and sat down ready to get back to work. "I look forward to seeing you again, Ms.Tymisson.


Vampire Jester Jinx
 

Re: ~lelelelele

Unread postby Vampire Jester Jinx » Mon Dec 01, 2003 3:13 am

"I'll give it a good go. I don't think you'll be too disappointed. An' a good day to you as well."

Jazz swishes out of the room once more, not waiting for the maid, before exiting the building with a bang of the doors. WIthout much hesitation, and the thought of some misadventure on her mind, the petite vampire begins heading in the direction of the slums.


User avatar
Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.
 
Posts: 7996
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2002 6:13 pm

Re: ~lelelelele

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Mon Dec 01, 2003 3:16 am

Loake was halfway out the door when a thought crossed his mind...Quickly looking back and forth, he ducked into the nearest lit room, shutting the door quietly behind him. Looking around to make sure he was alone, he quickly took the papers out of the folder and began reading them, quickly.

Although something else had crossed his mind...If he was to get a bunch of immigrants in in three days, while traveling to the harbor in Kohlingen...That would prove tricky, indeed.


Nekogami
 
Posts: 1204
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2002 12:28 pm

Re: ~lelelelele

Unread postby Nekogami » Mon Dec 01, 2003 3:32 am

The papers were basic royal admittance papers signed by the queen. For 200 workers for one year. There was also several papers with several eagles adhered to them. A total of 700 gil.


User avatar
Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.
 
Posts: 7996
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2002 6:13 pm

Re: ~lelelelele

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Mon Dec 01, 2003 3:34 am

"Damn. Thought it was something important...Ah well."

Quickly sliding the papers back into the folder, Loake made back for Andys room. He had a bone to pick with him now...

...Expecially scince it seemed he wouldn't be welcome in his destination.

Arriving there as soon as he could, Loake began shouting at the top of his lungs- "Hey, it's me again! We've gotta talk!"


Nekogami
 
Posts: 1204
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2002 12:28 pm

Re: ~lelelelele

Unread postby Nekogami » Mon Dec 01, 2003 3:54 am

The bell rang on the door to the clothing shop and a fashionable, platinum blonde woman was arranging the clothing. Her lips were cherry red, her lids fairie wing purple, and her skin like satin.

"Welcome to Marilyn McRowe's...Can I help you?"

Meanwhile...

"If you persist in yelling, you'll find yourself unable to outshout a mouse. Now what is it?" Andy warned calmly.


User avatar
Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.
 
Posts: 7996
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2002 6:13 pm

Re: ~lelelelele

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Mon Dec 01, 2003 3:56 am

Loake held up a hand, two fingers outstreched- "Two things. First, you want me to go to Kohlingen, right? You know it's still under Barian control, don't you? They'll tear me apart! I'm not welcome there! Second! If you expect me to get everyone here in three days, there might be a bit of a problem, considering the thing with the Barians, and the fact that I don't know where these people are."


Nekogami
 
Posts: 1204
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2002 12:28 pm

Re: ~lelelelele

Unread postby Nekogami » Mon Dec 01, 2003 4:00 am

Andy rested his chin on his paw. "I tell you what. The ship hasn't reached port and won't in a few days. I can send a bird to the captain. I'll have them go up the river to around Middith. You just make sure you get me those workers or deals off. Most people would jump at a chance to make 1100 gil." He snorted and began working, muttering in Inustani.


User avatar
Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.
 
Posts: 7996
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2002 6:13 pm

Re: ~lelelelele

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Mon Dec 01, 2003 4:05 am

Loake thought a minute. Pretty paltry compared to what he used to make, although alot safer..."Right. And where are these people?"


Koneko
 

Wanker better get kicked in the nuts for this. :(

Unread postby Koneko » Mon Dec 01, 2003 4:08 am

Thorwen proceeded to stop, absolutely dumbstruck, as the semi-rational side of his brain fell down the proverbial stairs and crashed broken at the bottom.

Regaining his composure quickly and licking a drop of drool off his lips, walked straight over to the shopkeeper and said, "...yes, yes, yes, you can help. You can get down on that floor and make violent love with me. Now."

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=koneko@rpgww60462>Koneko</A] at: 12/1/03 4:26 am

Next

Return to Gaera Main RPs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 2 guests

cron

Yalogank