Ruinnoc's Challenge [closed]

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
Uncle Pervy

Re: I need to post more.

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Sun Jul 20, 2003 6:01 pm

Fresca nods to D, glad that he had thought of night travel.

Nekogami

Re: Ruinnoc's Challenge [closed]

Unread postby Nekogami » Mon Jul 21, 2003 5:59 am

The shop keep began tallying up their costs,"Well, well, a week's worth of trail rations will be 60 zante. For our missy, that's 600 zante for the potions and 60 zante for the rope. Bedrolls are 10 zante each. Lemme see....a hook....Ah! 200 zante for a fine, lifetime guaranteed against breakage and rust hook. Greens are 100 zante. So tally up, so far....1070 zante." The shopkeep's eyes practically sparkled.

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Mon Jul 21, 2003 6:11 am

Fresca waited to see what Pete and D were going to do, before making any extra purchases.

"We can pool our money," She says. "I think it might be wise. so long as we leave a bit for the road"

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Mon Jul 21, 2003 10:07 am

Kilra nodded happily to Fresca, mentally noting that she'd already "bought" more than she had money for. She didn't think they'd take Doman gil here. Still, the lady with the chocobo had a good idea, and she'd gladly pay her back later.

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Mon Jul 21, 2003 12:43 pm

D nodded and smiles a wide smile at Kilra, then turned to the shopkeeper.

"Don't you have a lantern and oil? I mentioned that before..."

Then he turned to Fresca

"Yes, I guess it's a good idea. Seeing as, besides, we're buying things for all of us, not just for the person. I guess we better work as a team already."

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Tue Jul 22, 2003 3:07 pm

Pete took the best staff he could find in the store and placed it with the other items for purchase.

"...I guess this is all I need?" said the druid, unsure of what else he would want. His eyes then brightened at the sight of the bedrolls. "WOW! I get a bed, too? That's...WOW!"

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Tue Jul 22, 2003 3:20 pm

"How much should we spend?" Fresca inquires. "I feel that as long we have a fourth or so left behind, we should be alright."

She then smiles at Pete, and asks, "Will you be contributing your money to the overall fund?"

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Tue Jul 22, 2003 3:24 pm

"...uh...sure?" responds Pete.

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Tue Jul 22, 2003 3:59 pm

Her smile warmed just a bit, and she looked over to Ship with his chocolate.

"Ship," she inquired, "Might we have some of the money that the unicorn gave us? It would help us getting supplies, so we can reach our goal more easily."

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Tue Jul 22, 2003 5:48 pm

Ship tossed the money over. "Sure."

((You guys, wrap up the shopping.))

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=nekogami>Nekogami</A]&nbsp; Image at: 7/22/03 5:50 pm

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Tue Jul 22, 2003 9:14 pm

"Come on already. Let's pay for the stuff and get out on the road."

While shopping had caught Kilra's interest for all of two minutes, the overriding desire to get on with an adventure had taken the reigns again.

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Thu Jul 24, 2003 11:47 am

"Lantern and oil, and, -oh very nice choice- staff comes to 175, so, that's a total of 1,245. Have a very nice day, you all. And have a fun and safe adventure!"

Ship was with Kilra, deciding to save some chocolate for later. "Hey, Sis. I'll help protect you on this journey. You boyfriend looks tough but we all know that drowses are better than humans." He nodded sagely at this wisdom.

Uncle Pervy

Merchant: Chance to make a month's worth of money? HELL NO!

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Thu Jul 24, 2003 1:01 pm

Fresca followed Kilra and Ship out. Privately, she wanted to do a bit more shopping, but she suspected that she would live. Still, she thought, weren't the longer lived races supposed to be more patient than humans?

"How are drow better?" she asked Ship, trying to keep her voice innocent and honestly inquistive.

Nekogami

Re: Merchant: Chance to make a month's worth of money? HELL

Unread postby Nekogami » Thu Jul 24, 2003 1:05 pm

Ship looked at Fresca. "Because, girl drowses don't have cooties. Drowses aren't as stupid as humans, and they live a whooooole bunch longer." He thought for a minute..."Oh, they're stronger too. I bet Sis could lift a house if she wanted."

Uncle Pervy

Choko: Hey, I'm human, technically and I could lift a shed.

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Thu Jul 24, 2003 1:16 pm

Fresca nodded, as if agreeing. Privately, she was a bit relieved that it was just childish misinterpretation, rather than true prejudice. It was something she hoped life in Doma would remove from him in time.

Elementalist Daien

Re: Choko: Hey, I'm human, technically and I could lift a sh

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Fri Jul 25, 2003 1:50 pm

D smiled as he listened to Ship speak. Now, the one before last hurt quite a bit, seeing his relationship with Kilra, but... He was going to do something about it, and thus grinned even wider as he heard it being said.

Finally, as Ship finished, D turned to Kilra, and, jokingly, and mostly to humor the demon, said:

"Whoa, Kilra, really? You never told me that! ..."

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Fri Jul 25, 2003 4:39 pm

Pete scratched his chin at the demon's words.

"Weeeelll...lotsa people say that I'm stupid and not very smart and that I'm gonna get meself killed one o' these days, so I think yer right!"

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Fri Jul 25, 2003 5:22 pm

Kilra, who'd handed over all her Baronian money as part of the payment, was about to scold Ship for the comment. Her race's general view of other races was something she was at odds with, and like everything she was at odds with, she tended to be a little overzealous about putting it down. While Fresca's words had only goaded her, D's ones made her think twice.

"Oh, sorry. Didn't tell you because I thought it was obvious." she replied loftily, forgetting the fact she was trying to cover up the fact that she was a drow.

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Sat Jul 26, 2003 8:51 pm

"Oh, yeah, of course, I should have thought of that before"

D replied as if he just got told a secret of the universe. Then he turned and looked at Ship, then to Fresca.

"Well then, miss. Whenever everything's settled, I guess we should move."

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Wed Aug 13, 2003 4:40 pm

Ship shoulder is pack and grabbed and handful of the horse's tail. "Okay, I'm ready, Miiam."

The horse nodded his head and began to walk outside of the small village. The others followed him (presumably). The Baronian countryside was full of rolling emerald mounds and isolated stand of aspens and blue spruces.

The sky was slightly overcast and silver with empty storm clouds. The ground was cool and moist underneath their boots. Once the party was out of view of the village Miiam stopped and looked around.

Ship turned around. "Miiam says that we're being watched and that we should be careful. He says agents of the Black Cloud are still lurking around."

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Wed Aug 13, 2003 6:01 pm

"The Black Cloud?" Fresca asks, looking at Ship, then to Miiam. "Might I ask who or what that is? And, what would the agent be?"

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Wed Aug 13, 2003 10:35 pm

With a grin, Kilra placed her hands gently on the hilts of her swords.

"Does it matter? Let them come to us, and we'll cut them down, just like evil should be!"

Elementalist Daien

NERF! NERF!

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Thu Aug 14, 2003 3:18 am

That is when D decided he can no longer keep himself.

And thus, D facepalmed, with a slap, pretty loud no less.

"KILRA! Don't you ever think that there's more to life than just plain 'good' and plain 'evil'? Besides, they also say knowing is half the battle..."

He then turned to Miiam.

"Do tell..."

Jak Snide

Re: NERF! NERF!

Unread postby Jak Snide » Thu Aug 14, 2003 3:28 am

If D hadn't turned to face Miiam, he'd have met with the sigh of "the glare" appearing on Kilra's face. She was fine with D's other little quirks, but when he started to knock the entire concept of good and evil, she couldn't just smile and tease him. She lived by the knowledge that people were either good or evil, and that was determined by how they acted. Saying otherwise was just an excuse to make yourself feel better when you did something bad.

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Thu Aug 14, 2003 2:25 pm

Miiam spoke to them all through Ship. The demon turned to face them with a gentle smile and a deep, strong voice.

When the reign of the Sumarann came to a close, it was at the hands of the Black Cloud. Skies that were once clear and blue became dark and stomy. Our king, Ruinnoc, knew that this was an unnatrual storm and called together the strongest warriors of the Sumarann. However...The Dark Cloud was more powerful and sinister than we had suspected. I hung over our lands and struck first with pestilence. Our young, feeble and elderly suffered first. Then it struck with insanity; it caused some of us to become heinous beasts that would serve the Black Cloud, and then...it struck with it's full fury of it's demonic army. Creatures descended from the cloud that even Ruinnoc in all his knowledge had never seen. Our armies fought the demons and our turned bretheren. We had reached a stalemate for a while, until Ruinnoc cast a great spell, that seemed to thwart the power of the cloud. But the damage was done....

Suddenly, Ship's face screwed up and his bottom lip quivered. He ran over to Kilra and hugged her leg, holding in tears.

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Thu Aug 14, 2003 10:17 pm

Kilra didn't really pay attention to the scared demon child hugging her leg. The glare had disappeared, and had been replaced by an awestruck expression that was accompanied by her jaw hanging slightly open.

"Wow...."

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Thu Aug 14, 2003 11:05 pm

Fresca was quiet for a moment. Hearing the demon speak like that was unsettling, to say the least. Idly, she pets Hanger's shoulder to calm her own nerves, as she asks, "What agent of the Cloud is here, then? How should we defend against it?"

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Fri Aug 15, 2003 2:42 pm

Miiam shook his head in a clear suggestion that he was unable to clarify what they might face. He continued to walk.

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Fri Aug 15, 2003 3:02 pm

The young unibrowed druid stood there for a moment, silently trying to figure out what it was that was said through Ship. A short time later, he simply gave up and reached a decision.

"Hey, they're bad guys, right? And bad guys get beat up by the good guys! It always works that way, so we should get going and stuff, cause waiting here don't make the bad guys any more beat up!"

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Fri Aug 15, 2003 7:00 pm

Fresca agreed with the need to move on, but not necessarily with Pete's sentiments. But now was not the time to debate it. Instead, she urged Hanger onwards, hoping he could pick up anything she could not.

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Fri Aug 15, 2003 7:17 pm

After all that, finally, D turned towards Kilra, with a huge sincere smile, unlike the usual grins, and said,

"Shall we move, then, dear?"

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Sat Aug 16, 2003 1:35 am

Although it took a little while for the words to register, Kilra shook herself out of her state, and smiled back at D, nodding to him. Even if he was less that what she expected of a knight, he was still her love, and had followed her into countless adventurers before.

"Yes, let's." She replied simply, happy with both her company, and the prospect of fighting minions of darkness.

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Mon Aug 18, 2003 4:43 pm

Meanwhile, Pete blissfully followed after Fresca, fully convinced that his statement had provided the motivation for the group to move on.

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Thu Aug 21, 2003 4:35 pm

The party again set off. Miiam directed them to hilltop to rest. He kept a vigil as they rested and early the next morning they awoke to a ear piercing whinny. Below them about 100 yards off was a whispy black figure. From their vantage point they could tell it was a riderless horse.

Ship stood up and gasped. "It's a phantasmal Carnicorn...."

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Thu Aug 21, 2003 4:53 pm

Fresca was in the middle of helping Hanger preen and strapping his barding back on when Ship spoke. Looking at the spectral thing, a bit of fear went through her heart. she had never really had to deal with spectres before.

Shaking her head, she tried to push away the fear, only half succeeding, and asks, "Is it friendly?"

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Fri Aug 22, 2003 12:09 am

D sighed, yawned, and shook his head. He never was the first one to wake up in the morning, and this was no exception. However, damned if he didn't see the black horse-shaped creature coming towards him.

However, tiredness was still there, as he slowly, and finally, pulled himself up.

"Ugghh... What the hell...?

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Fri Aug 22, 2003 11:47 am

Stumbling to her feet, again displeased with how they had to be awake during the day, Kilra walked up behind D, propping herself up on him and glancing over his shoulder.

"Hmm? Whassat down there?"

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Sat Aug 23, 2003 6:14 pm

"A phantasmal carnicorn. Miiam says it's one of the turned Sumaranne." Ship's voice wavered. "It must have been the thing following us."

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Sun Aug 24, 2003 12:42 am

"I see," Fresca says quietly, "Is it going to attack? Is there some way we could help it?"

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Mon Aug 25, 2003 4:10 pm

The unibrowed druid peered at the horse-thing through squinted eyes.

"...yeah, whaddo we do 'bout it? It don't look like it's attackin' us or nothin', so maybe just try to...make it stop following us? Lose it in the woods or somefin'?"

PreviousNext

Return to Gaera Main RPs