Ruinnoc's Challenge [closed]

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
FlamingDeth

Re: Ruinnoc's Challenge [closed]

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Fri Jun 13, 2003 6:47 pm

"....but....but..." Pete stammered. "...there hasn't been any adventure yet! And I jus' got hyped, too..."

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Fri Jun 13, 2003 7:15 pm

Kilra looked over at Pete, then back at D. She didn't want to disappoint either of the two, one being her partner, and the other being an eager adventurer.

"Why don't you come with us? We'll only be occupied for the day, and after that we could all set out in search of some!"

She nodded to herself, glad she'd found a suitable solution. Of course, D wouldn't might not want the man to follow them around, but they could always arrange to meet him later.

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Fri Jun 13, 2003 7:16 pm

Ship watched the adults for a moment before he spoked to the air again. "Yeah, they're wierd. But anyway, I'm a master demon so I'll help you, Foreranne." He began walking away, toting his trident and ignoring his picnic basket that Hanger seemed to enjoy. "What are you?... ....I've never heard of that. Oh, it's a kind unicorn!"

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Fri Jun 13, 2003 9:43 pm

Casting a glance back at the kid, Kilra's face turned into one of confusion.

"Who's he talking to? Is he crazy or something?"

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Fri Jun 13, 2003 10:08 pm

"Unicorn?" Fresca inquires. "What's this about a Unicorn?"

She had never heard any reports about such a creature in Doma Forest, but if there was one, the Castle was definately going to want information on it.

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Sat Jun 14, 2003 4:00 pm

Ship stopped and turned around slightly. "Foreranne is a unicorn. He says that his spirit is trapped here. Since I'm a master demon," at this Ship beamed proudly. "I'm going to help him!"

Still Kilra, D, Pete, and Fresca could see nothing of a unicorn. However, they could indeed feel the presence of another now that they were made of aware of it. The prescence made them feel slightly unnerved but at the same time they could sense that they were in no danger. It was the type of feeling that a child might get if there were standing in the prescence of an intimidating castle guard.

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Sat Jun 14, 2003 6:28 pm

Shuffling her feet uneasily, Kilra looked about, still a little confused on the matter.

"D, you see any unicorn?"

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Sat Jun 14, 2003 7:35 pm

I wish I had the sight, the white mage thinks, as she looks around the glen. I wonder what Miss Enlil would see?

"How did it get here?" She asks.

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Sat Jun 14, 2003 7:57 pm

"He says that he chased the Great Darkness from the West and it is here that he fell," Ship answered.

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Sat Jun 14, 2003 8:34 pm

"Fell? Sight? D was now confused, and wondering whether they SHOULD be lingering anymore right now.

"Um... What's... going... on?"

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Sat Jun 14, 2003 8:52 pm

Pete, on the otherhand, had taken to kneeling next to a small bush of wild roses.

"...hey, ye see anything funny 'round here?" He said, appearing to the others to be rambling to the local plantlife.

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Sat Jun 14, 2003 9:37 pm

"Did it say anything else?" she asks, as Hanger decides the basket isn't worth his time, and pecks at the weeds near it.

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Sun Jun 15, 2003 5:45 pm

The wild rose bush answered to Pete,"The only funny things that I have witnessed is the demon seedling." The plant gave the indication that Ship was said seedling. "The unrested spirit however seems unafraid of him so I am not afraid either."

Ship shrugged at Fresca's response. "I dunno. He says he's going to take me to his master, so I have to follow him for a little while."

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Sun Jun 15, 2003 6:15 pm

"Might I come along," Asks the White Mage, looking over the group, "I am quite certain the palace will be interested in this."

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Sun Jun 15, 2003 7:55 pm

"...unrested spirit?" responds Pete quizically. "That's what the kid is talkin' 'bout, right? Do ye know anything 'bout that?"

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Mon Jun 16, 2003 4:35 pm

Kilra didn't reply to Pete. Her brain had put 2 and 2 together, got the hint of an adventure, and was currently doing her best puppy dog/"you-love-me-so-much-we'll-follow-the-demon-kid to-wherever-he's-going" look at D.

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Mon Jun 16, 2003 6:08 pm

Meanwhile, D's brain was working quite quickly, and calculating all the things that this entailed. While all this would mean more time wasted, he figured out that not going would ruin his day by Kilra's grumbling, and he figured out that there was nothing a spirit could do. If anything, it would be quite interesting.

Eager to finish this, D turned around, arms crossed, and gave an approving nod.

"Fine, fine..."

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Mon Jun 16, 2003 6:50 pm

D was promptly hugged as hard as Kilra could squeeze him, which was no small amount, given that the girl could swing a longsword in each hand with no real difficulty. She then span to face Ship, rapid motion seeming a common action today, and waved a hand in the air to get his attention.

"Count us in too!"

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Mon Jun 16, 2003 7:38 pm

The little demon blinked a few times registering the adults requests. He looked to his left, apparently at the unrested spirit, as it seemed to speak to him for a while. "Foreranne says that he is certainly pleased that you all are willing to help. He says the journey's begin is just beyond that great oak tree." Ship pointed to an oak about 20 yards off. It was indeed very large and old as its branches towered above the other trees and its trunk looked larger than a good-sized cart.

Meanwhile the rosebush responded to Pete, "So you will be helping the spirit here? He says that in his living days he was known as The Black Knight of the Sumarann. I like him. He says he never liked eating roses."

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Mon Jun 16, 2003 7:48 pm

Naturally, Pete had never heard of any "Black Knight of Sumarann". However, "Black Knight" didn't register well in his mind. Weren't Black Knights...evil? And evil is bad!

"...ok!" he said to the rosebush. "Thankye for ya help!"

Pete returned to the others. "Hey, do y'all know what a 'Dark Knight of Sumarann' is?"

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Mon Jun 16, 2003 7:55 pm

She noted the path that ship pointed out, and nodded. The she said to Pete, "I've never heard of it." Looking around at the other three, she says, "I'm Fresca Dantir of the Guard, by the way. Might I know who you are?"

Hanger apparantly had not either, as he continued to munch on the weeds with no real care for the events and happenings around him.

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Mon Jun 16, 2003 8:32 pm

"Dark Knight, mm?"

She pondered this name for a short while.

"Never heard of him. Sounds kinda evil though. You know where he is?"

She then looked over at the Chocobo mounted woman, taking note of her profession.

"Kilraianjja, and this here is D." she replied, indicating the prankster next to her.

Edited by: Jak Snide  Image at: 6/16/03 9:40 pm

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Tue Jun 17, 2003 9:33 am

"Uh... huh. What she said" D said, still confused and nodding his head.

Not to mention cursing his luck at how stupid he was to have actually given in to Kilra's will.

"Fresca, eh? Of the guard? Yeah, heard of you.." he said, with an interested smile on his face..

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Tue Jun 17, 2003 4:50 pm

Ship listened to them for a while but lost interest quickly and turned to Foreranne who still deemed himself to be invisible. "So why are we going to the oak tree, Foreranne?" The birds chirped and the wind blew. ".... ....I'm sorry that's kind sad. Psst....Do we have to bring grown-ups along? They're kind of useless if you ask me."

Now, now, young Master Ship. To say such things isn't nice. And aside from your opinion, I would prefer a chaperone on your journey. And this strong voice they all could hear, though still Foreranne had assumed no shape.

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Wed Jun 18, 2003 3:39 pm

"....but..." began the young druid. "...aren't ye worried 'bout this 'Sumarann' thing?"

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Thu Jun 19, 2003 8:41 am

At this comment, D crossed his arms, and looked around, trying to see a source for the voice. Finding none, he just assumed it was probably some sort of illusion, which, living in a place with two psychics and all, he was used to it.

"Can you show yourself? It's rather... Annoying not to be able to see who the hell you're talking to, you know." he said, a bit of a grumble in his voice

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Thu Jun 19, 2003 2:51 pm

One might wonder why a child is being asked to come, Fresca pondered as she listened to the unseen voice. Used to mental contact from her mentor, Fresca really wasn't put off by speaking to something that wasn't physically there.

Hanger, however, tensed a little as his head shot up, and looked around for the source of this potential threat. Fresca unconsciously strokes the feathers at the base of the chocobo's neck in an attempt to calm him.

"What would you have us do, then?" she asks.

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Thu Jun 19, 2003 4:36 pm

"Hey! I can see Foreranne fine! Maybe you're just all too STUPID!" Ship shouted a little defensively. He had his hand touching something in the air.

Soon the sounds of a breathing horse could be heard. Then there was a mist around Ship and the surrounding area. Ship looked down to his feet in shock of the sudden mist. Beside him a misty form of a horse appeared. He was decked in an elaborate collar and headpiece. However, there seemed to be a large wound in his forehead that even in his death continued to bleed down his large face.

I am Foreranne. Black Knight of the Sumarann. My request of Master Demon Ship and you all is to beg of your help. There are many spirits trapped in this world, who have died an untimely death. The death of my people is such a case. We do, however, have the opportunity to set our eternal pain at ease. All we ask is that you please help us attain rest.

Ship's hand was resting on his leg. "I'll help you for sure, Foreranne!"

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=nekogami>Nekogami</A]&nbsp; Image at: 6/19/03 4:54 pm

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Thu Jun 19, 2003 4:51 pm

In the past few minutes, the prospects of adventure that day had gone from nothing to something far, far in excess of nothing. And this sounded epic to the drow's ears.

"Kilraianjja, hero of Gunnir, stands ready to aid you, Foreranne, Black Knight of the Sumarann." she replied as eloquently as she could in common.

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Thu Jun 19, 2003 5:04 pm

"I'm skilled at Dispelling Magic," Fresca offers, as she works to calm her rather startled mount. "Perhaps that may be of assistence?"

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Fri Jun 20, 2003 6:36 pm

"...well..." Pete said, pondering for a moment. "...yeah, I'll go. Sounds fun an' stuff!"

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Sat Jun 21, 2003 12:22 pm

... Gods, oh Gods. What have I gotten myself into...

D lowered his head, a hand over it, and shook it. Then, standing up, he shot a glare at Kilra, and, with a growling tone in his voice, added:

"Fine. So am I." with a slight grin, trying to counter his anger, he said, proudly.

"D, or Sir Andrei, Knight of Doma, will aid you."

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Wed Jul 02, 2003 9:28 pm

Foreranne nodded at this and proceeded to the tree followed by the others. Once there he gave it a long looking over as though he were seeing for the first time in a very long time. He motions were slow and deliberate as she paced around the tree, massive equine head dipped low.

He stopped about a yard from the tree and pawed the ground. There was the sounds of roots ripping and earthing being sundered then a large silver spiraling spike grew from the ground. It was a unicorn's horn; and it still glimmered.

Stand around it here said Foreranne. This will take you to where your journey will begin. As you go along the truth and the story will unfold. Once you've acquired all that you need to know you will return here and finish your journey perhaps. He looked at everyone. Take care of yourselves.

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Wed Jul 02, 2003 11:09 pm

Fresca guided Hanger toward the circle. "Where does this lead?"

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Thu Jul 03, 2003 10:07 am

As Kilra approached the giant horn, she could only thing one thing.

"This is SO cool."

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Thu Jul 03, 2003 12:34 pm

Foreranne bobbed his head, wispy hair tossing frantically in an unseen wind.

It will take you to the country of Baron, far to the east; perhaps, further away than you've ever been. There you will proceed to another knight of the Sumarann, the Grey Knight, Poppione. He will reveal you some of the past that I cannot yet show you. Please be careful and I hope that I will see you again, Hope of the Sumarann.

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Thu Jul 03, 2003 1:39 pm

I've never been to Baron, Fresca thinks, as the steed eyes the light suspiciously. The guardswoman dismounts, knowing that Hanger will never just walk into that light on his own.

Looking at it, then toward her companions, she wonders if she should be doing this. Maybe I should go back and report, first? Or at least say goodbye to my friends? The Captain at least ought to be told that I'm going away...

Still, the Guard's code did have a provision for unexpected absences, given proof of being teleported. The public stables would take care of her other chocobo until she came back. Only one last regret...

"Don't run off while I'm away, Kyle," she says to herself, as she leads Hanger into the light.

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Thu Jul 03, 2003 5:32 pm

D suddenly stopped, thinking about what he said..

"Wait, wait... So we are to just... Risk our lives for no reason whatsoever other than to..."

"... What the hell was I SAYING?!" D growled "If I'm going to risk my damn life, I'm not going to do it like this!"

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Fri Jul 04, 2003 8:49 am

Kilra looked over at her beloved, a mischievous grin on her face.

"Now now, sir D. Is this really any way for a sworn knight to behave? Aren't you supposed to help the needy and protect the weak, anyway?"

"He's also supposed to use a sword, but I'll work on that later."

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Fri Jul 04, 2003 4:18 pm

"Firstly, Kilra... I am a knight by title and not by profession, thank you very much. I don't see the money coming."

"Secondly, weak, needy? This spirit is... Bah." D grumbled. "Still, I do not need to do this... " he said, muttering under his breath.

PreviousNext

Return to Gaera Main RPs