Ruinnoc's Challenge [closed]

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
Nekogami

Re: Ruinnoc's Challenge [closed]

Unread postby Nekogami » Fri Jul 04, 2003 7:25 pm

Foreranne considered D.

If you desire earthly possessions then I am certain that the Sumarann King, Ruinnoc, will reward you. There are many possession that may be coveted by the living, that we the dead simply do not need.

Ship shrugged. "Don't you mind the mortal, Foreranne! I'm a demon and I work for free or for souls." He seemed to consider his words. "Well, I don't know how to take souls, so... .... I'll work for free!" He finished exuberantly.

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Fri Jul 04, 2003 8:30 pm

"Hmph..."

Surely, there were a lot of things that D wished he had, but it was so hard to decide on what to ask for...

After thinking a while, he raised an eyebrow and smiled.

"So, hmm... Tell me something... Just how... Powerful is this... unicorn? I might have something in mind...

SURELY a King of such an ancient race..." he never finished, instead waiting for Foreranne to say something

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Sat Jul 05, 2003 8:53 pm

I have no idea how you desire me to gauge the power of my king but if it is to harm another or to gain irresponsible power over others I'm afraid you have asked the wrong kind of unicorn. Foreranned eyed D dangerously, insulted.

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Sun Jul 06, 2003 12:57 am

D blinked, then grinned.

"Sorry about that... And I understand your concern, but no, I don't mean to harm anyone by what I have in mind...

In fact, I'd say it would bring happiness to me and others..."

He looked around, and continued.

"But, well, it's important, see. And it's not easy."

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Sun Jul 06, 2003 11:46 am

Foreranne stared at D, then tossed his head. What you ask may be granted then. Ruinnoc is among the greatest of magical beasts and bringing happiness is his specialty. But be warned, world peace is a bit out of his range. There was a twinkle in his eye as he said this. However, it drains me to keep this portal open for so long. Do not dally if you intend to proceed.

Fresca as she entered the portal felt a warm sensation all over body and felt as though she were being thrown like a ball to some unseen destination. All she could see at first was white and then in an instant she was on firm, cobbled stone. A few people milled the streets as though she was always there not realizing she had just arrived from thousands of miles away.

She heard and awed gasp beside her. "Whoooooa. That was really wierd. Kodi is going to be so jealous when I tell him." Ship clapped his hand together. "So where are we?"

Hangar may respond to the same feeling anyway you like.

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=nekogami>Nekogami</A]&nbsp; Image at: 7/6/03 11:48 am

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Sun Jul 06, 2003 2:28 pm

"I'm not completely sure," Fresca answered, looking around, "but the unicorn said this was somewhere in Baron."

She glances at her Doman badge, and ponders whether or not it might be useful in dealing with authorities here. Doma and Baron were allies after all, so an officer of Doma might be able to get a little special regard over other foreigners here...

"Once the others come through, we'll explore a bit and find out where."

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Sun Jul 06, 2003 5:22 pm

Tap tap tap went Kilra's foot. She was all for anything that'd get D on an adventure, but then again, there was a big magical...portal thing in front of her which had just made the lady and her chocobo disappear. And she wanted to try it out herself.

"D! You can ask for rewards later! We've gotta get moving!"

And with those words, she walked into the light, hoping that her beloved, but somewhat reluctant, D would follow quickly.

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Sun Jul 06, 2003 9:45 pm

Ship pouted a little and shifted the trident on his back. "Okay, I wish they'd hurry up." He bent down and examined some ants closely. For a moment he was content to just watch then he started striking them with shadow causing them to curl up when they died.

Not soon after Ship started this endeavor did Kilra appear a few feet away. Ship saw her first. "Hey, Sis!" He called to her in drow. He smiled warmly at seeing her.

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Mon Jul 07, 2003 2:09 pm

She smiled back at little little devil, then noticed her surroundings. Specifically, that they were not familiar to her. She pulled her hood up and over her head, doing as good a job to conceal her features as she could. Most of Doma was fairly accepting of outsiders, but she doubted that she was in that country any more.

Uncle Pervy

Quick! Close the portal so we get their XP!

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Mon Jul 07, 2003 2:43 pm

"So, what are we to go from here?" Fresca asks as she leaps back on Hanger's saddle. "Are the other two coming?"

FlamingDeth

Re: Quick! Close the portal so we get their XP!

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Mon Jul 07, 2003 3:03 pm

Pete looked to the knight, however unknightly he appeared.

"...well..." he said. "If everyone's over there, it ain't gonna be much fun here!"

With that he strode confidently into the portal.

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Mon Jul 07, 2003 7:24 pm

D thought a moment, then grinned widely and ran through the portal...

I think I just may have struck gold...

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=nekogami>Nekogami</A]&nbsp; Image at: 7/7/03 7:55 pm

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Wed Jul 09, 2003 5:00 pm

Pete and D felt the same warmth and pull as they traveled through the portal and arrived side by side in the strange new town.

Ship was spinning around a pole and when he faced them said, "Bought time, slow pokes." He stopped spinning and ran up to a little boy playing with a hoop. "Hi!"

The boy stopped and stared at him then around and saw the travelers. "Uh...hi.." He pointed to Fresca and the others. " Are they your family, mate? 'Cause they're an awful strange lot."

Ship got a queer look on his face, "Just a sec...." and ran back to the others. With the same queer look of puzzlement and amusement he said, "I don't think we're in Doma anymore.They talk funny here....."

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=nekogami>Nekogami</A]&nbsp; Image at: 7/9/03 8:06 pm

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Wed Jul 09, 2003 5:24 pm

"Certainly doesn't look like it." she commented, taking in her surroundings. The way the child talked confirmed her suspicion that they weren't in Doma any longer.

"So, what now?"

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Wed Jul 09, 2003 8:51 pm

"The unicorn said that we were being sent to Baron," Fresca says. "Their accent sounds a lot like the Hyrals, so I suppose we are in Baron. I wonder where we are supposed to go next? Perhaps we should find a map."

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Wed Jul 09, 2003 9:13 pm

"...shouldn't the unicorn or something come and tell us what we need ta do next?" remarked Pete.

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Wed Jul 09, 2003 9:50 pm

As they spoke, a grey horse with a black patch on his left eye walked up and began grazing nonchalantly by them. It was a large clydesdale like horse the color of granite.

Ship's mouth made an 'O'. "HORSEY!!!!" He ran over and patted the horses leg. "I want him!"

Elementalist Daien

<- This guy just posted. Yay.

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Sun Jul 13, 2003 5:03 am

D grinned, and chuckled a little as he saw Ship's reaction to the horse. Sure, he was a demon, but he was still a little kid and his reaction to the horse was surely not something that went along with the rest of his "master demon" act...

However, he remained quiet... He was enjoying this little act way too much for him to stop Ship or make any comment.

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Sun Jul 13, 2003 5:09 am

Hanger didn't see too perturbed toward the horse. Fresca herself had to admit she felt Chocobos were far more useful animals. Still, as she guided Hanger toward the clyesdale, she did have to admit it was a beautiful animal.

But where is its owner? Who lets their horses wander randomly about? Unless it was the one that they were supposed to seek...

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Sun Jul 13, 2003 4:13 pm

Kilra, meanwhile, had gravitated to the back of the group, trying to look as inconspicuous as possible. Old habits die hard, it seemed, although she did continue to pay attention to the goings on in the immediate area.

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Sun Jul 13, 2003 9:27 pm

They horse sniffed Ship's hair and looked at each member in turn. He nodded his head and started to take a few steps away. He stopped turned and tossed his head in a clear motion that said, "This way." He began to walk again, slowly and deliberately.

Ship was enthralled and followed, keeping a hand on the horses flank. "Wooooow, he's really musskley.... I'm gonna ask mommy-daddy to get me one or two! Every master demon needs a trusty steed."

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Sun Jul 13, 2003 9:34 pm

D shook his head and blinked...

"Uh.. Erm... This embarassing... We're... Following a horse... Okay, so it's a unicorn... But... still a horse..." ...

He still followed, curious as to what was supposed to happen next. Not that he should be, but it's D we're talking about...

Uncle Pervy

And now: NAME! THAT! FABLE!!!!

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Mon Jul 14, 2003 3:38 am

Fresca grinned as her suspicions were confirmed. Hanger keeps an easy pace along side the equine, while Fresca looks down at ship.

"Would you like to ride?" she asks the demon, "It doesn't feel right that you should have to walk if you don't want to."

Then she looks to the unicorn and asks, "Where are we going, if I may ask?"

Nekogami

Re: And now: NAME! THAT! FABLE!!!!

Unread postby Nekogami » Mon Jul 14, 2003 7:11 pm

Ship looked at Fresca like she was an alien and nodded. "I've never ridden anything before..."

The unicorn looked at Fresca and she suddenly knew that they would first get supplies before heading to Ordana.

FlamingDeth

*doesn't*

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Mon Jul 14, 2003 7:15 pm

Pete, having nothing really to say, followed after the chocobo rider.

Uncle Pervy

Re: *doesn't*

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Mon Jul 14, 2003 7:28 pm

She nodded to the Unicorn, suddenly becoming a bit concerned that she carried no money on her at the moment. She then looked to Ship and said, "It's not hard. I'll ride with you, since Hanger is strong enough to hold us both. That way, if things go wrong I'll be right here to help."

Nekogami

Re: *doesn't*

Unread postby Nekogami » Mon Jul 14, 2003 8:13 pm

"Whoopeee!" Ship jumped into the air. "Thanks!"

Uncle Pervy

DO EET!

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Mon Jul 14, 2003 11:38 pm

Fresca urged Hanger to stop and kneel down. Gently, she reached over and helped the young demon on, sliding back to give him room on the saddle.

"Just hold onto the Pommel there," she instructs, putting an arm around him to keep him steady as Hanger rises. She holds onto the reins with the others, though she could guide him with her legs if needed.

Jak Snide

Re: DO EET!

Unread postby Jak Snide » Tue Jul 15, 2003 1:05 pm

As D moved off, Kilra did as well, speeding up to catch up with him.

"Where do you think it's taking us?" she asked quietly, glancing around at the town, and checking that her hood concealed her face well enough.

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Tue Jul 15, 2003 4:29 pm

The horse stopped in front of a small store and looked to each of them before tossing his head and walking away.

If you check your pockets you will find 500 human coins. That should be enough for you to buy things you will need. The road ahead is more dangerous than you may anticipate. I expect opposition on our journey to Poppione's Barrow south of here. We'll meet outside the city.

Ship dug into his pockets and pulled out a hand full of Baronian zantes. "WOW! I have money!" He looked back at Kilra and spoke to her in drow. "Big sister, can I buy candies and cookies and sugar sodies?"

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Tue Jul 15, 2003 5:16 pm

Noticing her pockets felt a little heavier, she grinned slightly.

"Okay. Just leave enough for any weapons, potions and adventuring gear you need. Oh, and some rope. You can never have enough rope."

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Wed Jul 16, 2003 3:41 am

Fresca dismounts from Hanger, and gently helps Ship from the chocobo's back. As she ties it to a a hitching post, she ponders what to do with the money she feels in her pockets.

"Well, I suppose we should use it, then." says the White Mage, as she walks into the store.

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Wed Jul 16, 2003 7:12 am

A moustached man with bright gaudy clothes moves up to them and smiles. "And I-i-i-i-t's such a pleasure to meet you all. Welcome to my shop, what can I do for you? Ooooh, a little boy, hello son. And a is that you chocobo, miss? Love, absolutely canary. And what a lovely hood, very fashionable, not my tastes but I'm not a woman. And you all wanted to buy something yes? I have a full stock of clear potions ((heal the body for 10% max HP)), only 50 zante. I full stock or maybe half a stock of red potions ((heal the body for 20% max HP)), on sale for 100 zante. Green Potions ((cure status ailment poison)), I only have 20 for 100 zante."

He swept aways and opened three cases of potions. "A-a-a-a-and here you are. On sale, on sale. You'll want to stock up and up because the world is a dangerous place unless you're a dragon then the world is peachy keen because you're so big. And of course, I have so much more in my shop but I'm running a special you know since my birthday is coming up. Do you want a candy bar, sonny? 5 zante for 3. Good deal, eh?"

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Wed Jul 16, 2003 1:43 pm

Fresca wasn't a world famous traveler, but her time with Kyle and her own experiences in coming from Varrock to Doma City had taught her that there was more to travel than simply being ready for a fight.

"We will need bedrolls, if you have them." Fresca says politely, hoping that her Doman accent didn't make her sound too much like some bumpkin. "And enough food to reach Ordana comfortably. If possible, a map would be helpful. If possible, I'd like a bag of Baronian greens for Hanger as well. And, do you carry Mana Restores?"

The last question was a bit tentative; Fresca was well aware that Baron lacked a lot of the magical resources that Doma possessed.

FlamingDeth

I need to post more.

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Thu Jul 17, 2003 2:10 am

Pete wandered after Fresca, not wanting to be seperated from the group. Idly, he thought to himnself why they would need rope...

Once inside, he looked around the shop. He very rarely had any money and was used to fending for himself in the wilderness, so not much in the way of "adventure gear" was necessary. However, he left his staff back in Doma and...that was all that came to mind. He was certain that he was forgetting something, though.

Jak Snide

Re: I need to post more.

Unread postby Jak Snide » Thu Jul 17, 2003 4:01 pm

The growing caution concerning people discovering her racial identity faded quickly, as the subject of shopping for adventuring stuff quickly reduced her mental age by a decade or two.

She began moving around the store, examining potions, peering at the various liquids inside, occasionally swirling it around inside it's vessel. Slowly, she built up a collection of bottles in her arms, seeing no reason not to buy as much as she pleased. She'd just been given money for free, and these supplies would be useful, after all.

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Sat Jul 19, 2003 6:12 pm

Ship bought 21 zante worth of chocolate bars and on the floor indulging himself. "This is the best ever. Chocolate makes demon very very strong."

The shopowner had pulled out some bedrolls for Fresca and gave her a small bale of greens. "Aaah, mana restores....Hmmmm.......no. Not many mages roll through here sorry, lassy." He then pulled out a 30 foot long coil of rope. "Uh huh! NEVER can have enough rope. "

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Sun Jul 20, 2003 3:25 am

Fresca took the items, then asked, "What about Provisions? And how much will all this cost?"

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Sun Jul 20, 2003 2:41 pm

Kilra merrily proceeded to the counter, where she placed her selected items down. The small pile was composed of four white potion, and four of the red ones.

"I'll take the rope as well, please!" she chirped, still standing by her logic that you can never have too much rope.

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Sun Jul 20, 2003 5:53 pm

"Hmm..."

Now that they were in it, it would be better if D really got to thinking about the adventure at hand. And if he were lucky... Then...

He grinned and got thinking...

"Well, maybe if we're going to travel, we better get a hook for the ropes, no? And maybe a lantern and some oil in case we have to travel in the night or something..."

PreviousNext

Return to Gaera Main RPs