Deep Blue (PS, closed)

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
Squintz Altec
Administrator

Re: *posts*

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:14 pm

Bob looked down somewhat. He didn't do well around a swimsuit shop, as he didn't do well in lingerie shops. He was much too shy for that kind of thing. He always felt like a pervert when he was sitting outside of one, and even worse when he was IN one. So, for the moment, he shut up.

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:17 pm

Enlil took the garment, if it could be called such, and examined it a little. she recalled the beaches near MacinTech's Headquarters, before she came to Gaera, and knew these clothes were swimwear.

I did agree to it, I suppose, She thinks. And, I suppose that if there is a prize, I could use it to help some people

With that, Enlil walks into one of the changing rooms, intent on putting them to use.

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Sat Apr 05, 2003 11:42 am

"It is... actually quite the... 'story'... *cough*..." Midoku said nervously, while Enlil was being handed the garment by the shopkeeper, "...you see..."

Before he could finish, however, a familiar feeling ran through him a moment, distracting his line of though. Then a very familiar voice called out his name, someone running over and hugging him tight. His eyes went wide a moment, before he glanced down and saw the hugger.

"SARA!" Midoku called out, removing his hat and hugging her back. He pulled back, a very cheeful expression on his face as he smiled back to her.

"It is so good to see you again! I was not aware you were in Nekonia as well." Midoku told her.

Edited by: FF Fanatic 80  Image at: 4/5/03 10:42:22 am

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Sat Apr 05, 2003 12:35 pm

Nekoko scratched her ear and shrugged. "Afraid it goes against ninja code for me to enter these things so I'm signing up a gaijin friend of mine. Midoku...ah..."She realized she hadn't caught his last name. "Midoku Bluemage....Yes. He'll be entering for the cash prize."

Archmage144

Unread postby Archmage144 » Sat Apr 05, 2003 4:28 pm

Karis browsed through the piles and racks of swimsuits before finally settling on a pair of green and silver shorts. Peeking over to see if the changing rooms were unoccupied, he decided to go try them on. Before that, however, he glanced over at Sara, curious as to how her own search was going.

=Find anything?= he remarked, once again glad that his grasp of the English language was improving. However, in some sense, language made little difference. Communicating with her transcended words, Karis thought, and could be done completely through feelings, thoughts, emotions, and shared experiences. Having a completely random displaced traveler practically fall into his lap was one thing, but becoming emtionally attached to them afterwards was another!

Inwardly, Karis' heart skipped a few beats, happy thoughts flooding his psyche.

Uncle Pervy

Time for PEER PRESSURE! :D!

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Sat Apr 05, 2003 5:29 pm

After a moment, Enlil emerges from the changing room, significantly less clad than before. Her previous clothes are draped over her arm. If the change in clothing bothered her overmuch, the angel didn't seem to show it.

"Well," She says, looking at Nekoko, "Perhaps you could you could keep your mask on? If you are worried about being identified, then that should help, I believe."

Nekogami

Re: Time for PEER PRESSURE! :D!

Unread postby Nekogami » Sat Apr 05, 2003 6:36 pm

Nekoko flicked her ear and shook her head. "Ninja aren't allowed to be sexy. And in order to win the uber hard Nekonian Bathing suit contest you have to be uber sexy. But just you wait...I'm going to make Midoku-san the sexiest guy ever!"

She gave Enlil a v-symbol and ran over to find Midoku. "Midooookuuuu?"

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

*Woo for randomness*

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Mon Apr 07, 2003 9:36 pm

Before Midoku could inquire Sara about her trip further, the 'ninja' suddenly called out his name. He instinctually flinched, as he had heard that same tone of voice before....

"...oh Midooooooooku dear, have a moment?" an elderly woman called out down the road to the mage, in the capital city of Doma. He turned around, spotting an elderly woman in Ishtarian robes hurrying toward him. The garments, combined with her long grayed hair and green eyesc told him immediately that this was Shelia Hyral, mother of Stephan.

"Um... o..of course, what is it?" he asked nervously, still feeling a bit ackward speaking with the woman, due to his relationship with her son.

"I was thinking, since Stephan and Daniel are going to be a bit busy today, why don't the two of us go browsing around the markets together?" she asked him, smiling enthusiastically. His eyes blinked, a bit taken aback by the request.

"...w..well... I am... not that much of a... shopper, per say..." he started to respond to her, neglecting to mention he was deathly afraid of being alone with her, without Daniel or Stephan around at least.

"...oh don't be silly dear! What's wrong with us going shopping? It'll let us get to know each other better." Shelia said, giving Midoku a smile which seemed very friendly...

...yet somehow conveyed the message...

"There's no way in hell you're getting out of this, ehehehe."

...please, let this not be as unpleasant as I suspect it to be... he sighed to himself, before turning toward the 'neko ninja'.

"...yes Miss?" He asked Nekoko.

He only hoped her plan didn't involve browsing 24 shops and carrying roughly 10 bags of goods back to a hotel.

LadyDragonClawsEDW

Woo for stuff!

Unread postby LadyDragonClawsEDW » Mon Apr 07, 2003 9:57 pm

For the moment, the customers were pretty much on their own, as the storekeeper had resorted to staring at Enlil in a rather trancelike state, "Perrrrrrrrrrrfect.....yeaaaah..."

At this point, a white furred stoat scampered out of the back room and crawled it's way onto Varnus' shoulder, chittering madly in his ear. Varnus, however, ignored the animal.

=I think I may have found something...well what do you think Karis?= She held up two suits, one a two piece and one a one piece, both a light powdery blue =One piece or two piece?=

Varnus there are people in the store who are not being helped and I believe these people should be helped because they are in the store and standing around acting as if they need help so I believe you should provide some help to these people standing around in your store. The stoat, Warren as Varnus had named him, chattered to him telepathically, blinking its large emerald eyes at the nekojin.

Varnus, snapping out of his little daydream, sighed, "Warren go get Reyla to help the customers okay? I'm busy...so...." he turned his attention back to Enlil, grinning broadly, "You like?"

Warren hopped off of Varnus's shoulder and skittered back into the back room. A bit of commotion was heard moments later and a rather annoyed looking woman stormed out. This woman was certainly not a nekojin, possessing bright red hair, two small horns on the sides of her head, a short lizard tail, and two small batlike wings on her back.

"Damnit Varnus yerr stupid pet bit me on the nose..." Reyla grumbled angrily, speaking with a heavy Rivan accent and rubbing the aforementioned facial feature.

"Well you shouldn't be sleeping on the job then, Warren wouldn't have to wake you up...we're busy now and I need you to help the customers, okay?"

"Fine..." she sighed, glacing around at the group, her eyes settling on Bob, "....mm....hello there sir..." She smiled at him lazily, "How c'n Ah help you?"

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Re: Woo for stuff!

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Mon Apr 07, 2003 11:26 pm

Bob sputtered. "uh..Me okay. I just looking. No need for swimsuit." He looked EXTREMELY embarassed.

Uncle Pervy

It will happen, Neko.

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Mon Apr 07, 2003 11:36 pm

"Well, it fits," Enlil says.

She is quite aware of what the store owner is thinking, but so long as he doesn't tryto act much on it, she can live with it. The Creator gave everyone free will, after all. So long as people don't use that will to commit atrocities, she sees no need to complain. Though it would be nice if he used that free will for more worthwhile things...

"Ummm, what does this contest entail?" She inquires. She hoped the answer was brief; it would be nice to speak with Mid again.

LadyDragonClawsEDW

Re: It will happen, Neko.

Unread postby LadyDragonClawsEDW » Tue Apr 08, 2003 12:55 pm

"Ah dunno sir..." Reyla grinned, "Ah may be a bit biased but Ah really think yeh should enter..." she inched closer to Bob. If Varnus can git a sale this way then Ah sure as hell c'n..

"Oh the contest itself isn't very complicated, not like those long drawn out beauty pagents, you simply present yourself to the audience and judges and at the end they rank everyone participating...the top six or so people all get prizes. Oh by the way that's 40 mrr..."

Uncle Pervy

It's inevitable, Neko, stop fighting it.

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:06 pm

"Oh, alright," Enlil answers, reaching into the pocket of her robes, and pulling out the requisite money from the small amount Estyn gave her before sending her to the festival.

"Well, I hope you would give me a little guidance before it begins," says the angel, before going to seek Midoku.

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Re: It's inevitable, Neko, stop fighting it.

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Tue Apr 08, 2003 2:58 pm

Bob wasn't stupid. He knew that this was all in the "sales pitch," and that you should never trust a woman that you were paying to actually have real feelings towards a customer, but at the time, he wasn't thinking with that head. He sputtered. "Uh..guh..uh...okay."

LadyDragonClawsEDW

He's thinking with the OTHER head

Unread postby LadyDragonClawsEDW » Tue Apr 08, 2003 5:19 pm

"Woo the audience..." Varnus continued, "If you got talent other than a great body, flaunt it, the crowd goes wild for that stuff, just don't do anything that would result in property damage."

"We let's seeee...." the dragonhalf chirped, gesturing to a rack, "Ah think yad look good in something red...maybe the reduced model but something tells me ya wouldn't like that very much..." she pulled something off the rack that Bob would very well recognize as a speedo.

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Re: He's thinking with the OTHER head

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Tue Apr 08, 2003 6:40 pm

"Uh...isn't that..a little...tiny?" Bob wondered.

Archmage144

Re: He's thinking with the OTHER head

Unread postby Archmage144 » Tue Apr 08, 2003 8:40 pm

Karis grinned slightly, winking at Sara. "If it weren't obvious," he noted, pointing at the two-piece in her hand, "go with that one. I think it'll look great on you! Go, go, try it on or something!"

pd Rydia

note that Kawa understands people's actions through Sara

Unread postby pd Rydia » Wed Apr 09, 2003 7:17 am

Kawa trilled nervously, wondering where his place was in all of this...in a rather literal sense. If Sara was going to shed her over-skin --clothes she'd said-- wherever would he hide from the noise and lights and commotion? He peered skeptically at the bathing suits she was holding up, particularly the two piece that the other human had indicated approval of. Disapproving thoroughly, he began to groom himself fastidiously, so the whole world would know.

Granted, the whole world probably didn't know that this was a quirk Kawa used to express his displeasure, and the whole world wasn't really paying attention to him anyway. But this didn't really occur to Kawa as he began to wash his face with the aid of a paw...indignantly.

Edited by: pd Rydia  Image at: 4/9/03 7:19:46 am

Nekogami

Dude, I should post!

Unread postby Nekogami » Wed Apr 09, 2003 11:23 pm

Nekoko grabbed Midoku's hand and lead him out of the shop. "We need to get you a good outfit but you'll never find a good one in there. I know just the place to get one. Hehehe." She dragged him to the streets and nudged him toward Tonbo. "Hop on, Midoku-san."

Uncle Pervy

Re: Dude, I should post!

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Wed Apr 09, 2003 11:38 pm

Seeing that Mid was busy, the Angel decided to bide her time. time a little. Looking around the store, she saw two other patrons who brought a smile to her lips. A young woman from the world of Enlil's origin, and a Gaeran whom she respected greatly indeed.

She hoped they were not to busy, as she approached them, smiling warmly. "Karis, Sara, it is good to see that you both were able to make it safely. I pray that your journey improved after we parted ways."

Shiranai

Re: Dude, I should post!

Unread postby Shiranai » Wed Apr 09, 2003 11:40 pm

A warm feeling on her shoulders, Enlil was comfortably aware of a familiar voice in her mind. You look quite lovely indeed. I only fear lustful leers will be wasted on your grand design. Though Estyn's prudence was common, it somehow never came off so much as lecturing, but deep concern. This time, it was nothing more than enthusiastic musing.

Were they to see beyond your skin, they would find beauty their hearts could not begin to comprehend. Poor mortals... By now, Enlil was almost sure she could make out his smile in front of her. In any case, she knew he was there, watching over them. Rest assured that if you let the true Enlil out, there will be no question of your victory.

Uncle Pervy

Yay Cameo!

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Thu Apr 10, 2003 12:24 am

The angel's smile changed a little, her heart fluttering as she heard Estyn's voice within her thoughts. Smiling inwardly, she directed her thoughts toward the Archangel.

I'm not really worried about it. Were humans not given the freedom to feel as they desire? I am not worried about their feelings; so long as they don't try to act upon them in wrong ways.

I do hope to have a chance to sing, perhaps that will have the effect you speak of. And, I hope that you will be listening, Estyn.

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

Hehehe

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Thu Apr 10, 2003 2:41 am

Before he was even completely aware of what was happening, Midoku found himself outside, Nekoko urging him to hop on her animal companion.

"..a...are you sure it is safe? I would not wish to upset him..." he asked, gulping audibly at the intimidating griffy.

At least, to him it seemed to be.

Nekogami

Re: Hehehe

Unread postby Nekogami » Thu Apr 10, 2003 9:56 am

Nekoko rolled her eyes. "Are you kidding me? Tonbo's harmless unless I tell him to attack. Hop on! It's a lot nicer than chocobo bird." she reassured, gently prodding Midoku. "Go on."

Tonbo responded with a rehearsed "Hello" and clucked his beak. He could tell Midoku was frightened and did his best to look friendly which was hard to do as the griffy was a brightly colored kitten with a beak and feathers.

LadyDragonClawsEDW

Unread postby LadyDragonClawsEDW » Fri Apr 11, 2003 7:24 pm

"Ah know sugah, ya put that on and...well Ah won't go there eh..." the dragonhalf laughed, "Ah think something more to yer likin' is over heah..." she pulled over a rack of rather normal looking mens trunk-style swimsuits in many different colors. Some of them had interesting patterns on it, one in particular white with small red mage hat outlines on it.

"Two piece I choose!" Sara grinned broadly and skipped into the changing room, though after a few minutes a soft gasp could be heard from behind the door. "Karis?" She nervously peeked her head out, "Karis I have problem...I...think not I can enter..."

Meanwhile, Varnus was still very very distracted by Enlil, "Are there any more questions Miss?"

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Fri Apr 11, 2003 8:03 pm

Suddenly broken from her reverie, Enlil looks at Varnus and shakes her head. "Just inform me when we are about to begin, and direct me where to go. I should be able to do alright from there."

She was a little upset that Karis and Sara didn't seem to hear her. So, she approaches Karis, and says, "Hello Karis. How have you been?"

Then, as Sara speaks, the angel quietly ponders what exactly might unsettle the woman so.

Archmage144

Unread postby Archmage144 » Fri Apr 11, 2003 8:29 pm

"Hello, Enlil...and Sara, what's wrong?" his voice contained intonations of worry that were clearly evident to anyone listening--it was painfully obvious that he was concerned. "Sara, why not? What's happened? Is there a problem with your swimsuit?"

He blinked, awaiting an answer, and stared towards her protruding head with an intense expression that conveyed a desire to protect and aid the girl...

LadyDragonClawsEDW

Unread postby LadyDragonClawsEDW » Fri Apr 11, 2003 8:38 pm

"Problem...not with...swimsuit..." she struggled to get the words out, solely due to her "language barrier". Nervously the Earthian pushed the door open slightly. Karis and Enlil were easily able to view her body, she had indeed put the swimsuit on.

Sara was of small build, a bit on the thin side, though much better looking weight wise than the almost near anorexic state Bob and Enlil had found her in ages ago. The swimsuit itself looked rather good on her, she had chosen one that was a pretty light blue, however, this was not the issue.

On various places about Sara's body there were blue splotches, almost as if some amazon had painted her body to camoflage itself with something....uh...a cobalt blue color. Upon even closer inspection, they could see that near the center of each blue patch was a scar, not nessessarily specific ones, just varying slightly discolored patches of skin where scabs used to be, with the blue color spreading outwards from them.

Clearly, Sara was in a bit of distress over her appearance, "Was not bad like this before...more made...."

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Fri Apr 11, 2003 9:47 pm

Noticing that Sara's Common has improved a great deal since last time, she decides to keep with it. "Sara, are you hurt? When did those appear? Certainly they weren't present the last time you undressed."

Archmage144

Unread postby Archmage144 » Sat Apr 12, 2003 1:29 am

"S-S-Sara?" a possibly even more concerned Karis stuttered. "What...what...how did that happen to you..."

He walked over to the girl, gazing at her sympathetically before kneeling down and putting out a hand to touch one of the spotty patches of unnaturally colored skin. "Sara, this can't be right," he murmured, eyes scanning her figure despondantly.

It's so odd...I maintain that she's...she's a fantastic girl, but...such bizarre injuries...

LadyDragonClawsEDW

Unread postby LadyDragonClawsEDW » Sat Apr 12, 2003 1:37 am

"It...I it happen...do not know when...start out small...normal =wounds= but got blue....magic make blue. Thing done make blue me." she looked down and hugged her shoulders, "No enter contest now..." she looked down at Karis sadly, "People not like blue..."

Archmage144

Unread postby Archmage144 » Sat Apr 12, 2003 1:54 am

"What if you could cover it up with magic?" Karis asked. "There's gotta be some way to make it look normal for the contest...I mean, you don't normally look like that, it's not normal, you shouldn't..." He raised a concerned eyebrow, pursing his lips in throught and fiddling nervously with the buttons on his clothing.

"Miss Enlil? Maybe you can do something to help clear these up, at least temporarily?"

LadyDragonClawsEDW

Unread postby LadyDragonClawsEDW » Sat Apr 12, 2003 2:01 am

"Fix ....with ...magic? Hakaril try once but...it did not work....he try like this...." Sara concentrated really hard, drawing mana to her, slowly the blue spots disappeared, her ears lost their pointed shape, and her hair turned color to brown, the two of them could easily see that it was a polymorph spell of some sort.

"He do this but it not stay...soon change back..." sure enough, no later than had Sara finished the sentance, the spell deteriorated, reverting her back to the blue-splotched human.

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Sat Apr 12, 2003 2:23 am

Enlil thought about the situation for a few moments. "I fear this is beyond what I can do," she laments, "I am not a white mage, and... I am not sure what maladies Sara has. I suppose that you have already visited white mages about this?"

Still, Enlil turned her rather formidable Astral vision on Sara, hoping to divine something.

"However, though... what you have is not nearly the deformity in Gaera that it would be on Earth. People judge less on the color of one's skin here. They may not think you are human, but most Gaerans are wise enough not to care."

LadyDragonClawsEDW

Unread postby LadyDragonClawsEDW » Sat Apr 12, 2003 11:52 am

The sight Enlil beheld when she looked upon Sara in the astral plane was an interesting one to say the least. The Earth human aura itself was very weak, resembling the average aura of any given Gaera human who had no ability whatsoever to learn magic. However, attached on various places all over her aura were small strange orange-colored "pieces" which glowed brightly. Not only that, these pieces seemed to posses strange small weblike tendrils that extended outward and "anchored" themselves into the medium of the astral plane itself.

"People no care I look like....." Sara searched for the words in common but failed to find it =Cow?=

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=ladydragonclawsedw>LadyDragonClawsEDW</A]&nbsp; Image at: 4/12/03 12:14:01 pm

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

Posties

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Sat Apr 12, 2003 12:08 pm

Midoku took a few cautious steps toward the bird... feline... whatever this creature was. He felt that Nekoko had no reason to cause him harm, as she easily could have done so earlier. Taking a deep breath, he raised his leg, hopping up and just barely staying on top of the animal.

"...yay..." Midoku smiled half-heartedly/nervously.

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Re: Posties

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Sat Apr 12, 2003 1:27 pm

Bob looked at it. "Well...okay. I try that one." He pointed toward the white swimsuit. "Do you have room of change? I not do this out in open." He smiled, embarassed.

LadyDragonClawsEDW

Unread postby LadyDragonClawsEDW » Sat Apr 12, 2003 1:32 pm

Reyla laughed, "Of course Sugah, thare right over thare..." she handed Bob the pair of trunks and pointed over to the changing rooms where Enlil and Karis were currently clustered.

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Sat Apr 12, 2003 1:38 pm

Sensing Sara's discomfort, Enlil decides to switch to a language the Terran girl knows a little better.

=Gaera is not quite so picky about differences as Earth is,= the angel says, smiling warmly at Sara. =You see, the people here are exposed to such a wide variety of people; elves, dragons, goblins, even celestials like myself; that they mostly realize that things like skin color really are not important at all.

=People are likely to notice it, but they will not react as Terrans would. They are used to the magic around them; and many have likely seen it do stranger things than change someone's skin color. So do not worry about that overmuch. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that some find it attractive.=

What a curious aura. Enlil muses What have they done to her?

Archmage144

Unread postby Archmage144 » Sat Apr 12, 2003 11:01 pm

"I'm not really positive what Enlil's telling you, Sara, but I'm willing to bet that she's right." The youth stared intently at her, mentally appraising the situation and wishing that he could resolve things all on his own, and with no difficulties. "No one is going to care," he affirmed, putting a hand on her shoulder. "I think you should enter anyway...what's the worst that could happen?"

Inwardly, he restrained himself from going on a tirade and barraging the girl with compliments on her appearance. Despite her skin aberrations, Karis was a tolerant and sympathetic sort, and had an empathy for people's problems to the point where he often overlooked physical "deformities" altogether, seeing nothing other than a person's desires and emotions.

"You...you look fine," he noted, nodding, hoping he could express just how fine at a later time...

PreviousNext

Return to Gaera Main RPs