Where the Heart Is (Closed freestyle RP)

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
Endesu
ラムレッダ

Re: Only if you like going "Kwee"

Unread postby Endesu » Sat Aug 23, 2003 1:46 pm

"Hmm? Oh, certainly. I've worked with another group before. No better or worse then this one, in fact. I do prefer to be civil, but I can be bitter should someone decide to debate my opinion." Astrynax did his best imitation of a certain Moogle's 'wai wai sparkle' technique, if nothing more then to add a final touch of cynicism to his statement.

"I would throw in a 'V sign' here, but I'll refrain from doing so.."

Kotoki

Re: Only if you like going "Kwee"

Unread postby Kotoki » Thu Aug 28, 2003 2:02 pm

Kotoki nodded. "Well, as long as you can make that effort. I appreciate it."

She reared her chocobo back to the front of the group, and resumed leading the party towards their final destination.

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

OMG DOH =O

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Thu Aug 28, 2003 10:00 pm

Daniel sighed to himself, as the party moved onward toward western Doma. He realized now how 'high and mighty' he must have sounded to the rather irritated bloke. He could also, to some degree, empathise with the poor man. The pseudo-paladin had been a subject of much amusement for the God of Chaos, on several occasions. The wise thing to do would have been to just let the issue rest, and try the best he can to get along for the rest of the journey.

...unfortunately, this was Daniel, so he promptly motioned Forte to move alongside Astrynax.

"I hope I didn't offend you or anything, sir. Believe me, I know too well not all the Gods have our best interests in mind..."

He seemed to shudder at the thought of something for a moment, before shaking his head briefly and continuing.

"But believe me, not all the Gods are that way. I only wanted to remind you of that, is all."

Were his brother around, he likely would have facepalmed at Daniel's current efforts.

Edited by: FF Fanatic 80  Image at: 9/1/03 10:33 am

Choark

OMG OMG OMG Bump =P

Unread postby Choark » Mon Sep 01, 2003 3:10 am

The mysterious Angusty person was indeed living up to his name and the ever sweet Daniel was also living up to his own, as she watched the two together. She might of "helped" Daniel but she enjoyed him getting flusttered every other sentance when Angsty hit him with another morbid view point.

'The day I let myself get like that is the day I've reached my teens' She thought as she looked at the woe is my life tragic man, and a side glance at Jak.

Her chocobo was the very image of determination, and compaired to the others, her ride on it was smooth and lacked being bumped around.

The young girl broke into some strange song, maybe to cheer everyone on, maybe to annoy everyone, or maybe just because she wanted to. Whatever it was, it was a travellers song, probably originally meant to wish those on the road luck...

Or maybe not.

"
<Chorus>
We'll be coming round the mountain, when we come.
We'll be coming round the mountain
Coming round the mountain

We'll be riding six white Chocobo's, when we come
We'll be riding six white chocobo's
We stole em from a Hobo
<To chorus>

We'll be gutted and strung up, when we come
We'll be gutted and strung up
Our Blood drank from a cup
<To Chorus>

Our teeth will be ripped out, when we come
Our teeth will be ripped out
Others will be smacked out
<To chorus>
"

And so on the song went, describing the horrible tortures of whoever orginally this song was about. Whoever its orginal singer, Jenna was enjoying it now.

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Re: OMG OMG OMG Bump =P

Unread postby Endesu » Mon Sep 01, 2003 3:30 am

Astrynax gave Daniel an eye.

Good lord. I go through several near death experiences, numerous monsters converging on the stability of known existence, and the fracturing stability between the elements and yet I'm still alive and dealing with people. People like this Paladin, or whatever he is. Bloody hell.

Astrynax would have made a further comment, but he found himself interrupted and mildly perturbed by the 'song' that the little bitch ahead of them was croaking out.

Then again, there are worse things.

The Mage sighed inwardly to himself, and eyed the Paladin once more. "If it helps you any, think nothing more of it."

Koneko

Kwee! Kwee! Hey, whaddya know? It's fun!

Unread postby Koneko » Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:17 pm

As per her master plan #988291, Kisera swung back to the back of the group, observing the morbid child with a hint of disgust. But her attention quickly wavered from Jenna as she reminded herself that it was the "mysterious angsty bloke" that she had to keep her eye on; perhaps the child was a plant, designed to distract her and make her think Asyntrax less dangerous than he already was. It seemed that Kotoki had already fallen for it...

She wasn't going to.

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Re: Kwee! Kwee! Hey, whaddya know? It's fun!

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Thu Sep 04, 2003 6:59 pm

<span style="font-family:comic sans ms; color:green;">Kobakk just quietly smiled to himself. To be honest, he liked Jenna's little song. It appealed to the orc in him.

In fact, if you listened closely, you could even hear him hum...</span>

Kotoki

Unread postby Kotoki » Sun Sep 07, 2003 2:00 pm

And so, as the group continued to journey across the Doman landscape, they argued and conversed happily all the way to their destination.

Finally, after a good portion of the day, a midsized black dot appeared on the horizon.

"That should be Yamae," said Kotoki with a smile. "Alright, then, let's go."

Choark

Squeak

Unread postby Choark » Mon Sep 08, 2003 10:03 am

Jenna was currently juggerling three half rotten cabbages that she either somehow picked up along the way or she had hidden somewhere on her before. All questions that came about asking why she had them were all answered with "They're my secret weapon" and left at that.

She held them still at Kotoki's words and peered into the dstance at Yamae. A quick "Aaawwwwww" escaped her. she had been hoping for a little better amusement along the way, like bandits or something. A little sad this was going to end so borringly and quickly the young girl continued riding forward.

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Re: Squeak

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Tue Sep 09, 2003 7:11 pm

<span style="font-family:comic sans ms; color:green;">"Reserve your disappointment for later, young one," Kobakk gently replied.

"This place may still find a battle for us. I can almost smell it." He smirked. "Like crushed lavender broken in the heat of war..."

He caught himself, stifling his toothy grin. "Or not. We are yet to see..."
</span>

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

Wee =D

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Wed Sep 10, 2003 11:18 am

As they traveled, Dan thought to himself about a few things.

How strange, that I've never been this far north of Castle Hyral... I wonder what else could be nearby that I don't know about? Dan wondered, feeling a bit nervous. He would have to make it a point to check around here more often in the future.

Then he heard the accented Orc speak eagerly about possible battles.

"B..b..battle?" Daniel stammered, gulping audibly as the group approached the small dot in the distance that was Kotoki's home, "...I uh, hope you won't be insulted if I hope for an uneventful trip, heh."

Jak Snide

Re: Wee =D

Unread postby Jak Snide » Wed Sep 10, 2003 12:36 pm

"An orc with a larger than average vocabulary. Interesting."

Jak made took a cautionary glance behind the group, hoping along with Dan nothing happened. After all, he didn't want Kotoki in danger. Nor did he want to spend any more time with these idiots than he had to.

Kotoki

Unread postby Kotoki » Wed Sep 10, 2003 7:24 pm

As the dot on the horizon grew larger and larger, it was revealed that the group was not alone. A group of figures were approaching in the distance.

Choark

Unread postby Choark » Thu Sep 11, 2003 5:19 am

Jenna ears literally twicked in excitement, for even if these were mere common folk greeting them she might at least have a little game or two with them... to help raise the spirits of the group of course. For Jenna was a giving helpful person, she told herself.

The young half vampire peered into the distance to see what exactly this new group were like - did they seem to be common travellers? Did they seem to be holding sharp pointy objects? What on them seemed burnable?

"Place ya bets now." She said to Daniel and Kobakk pointing to the group coming to them. "Slow dull witted pesants with fleas or slow dull witted bandits with sharp objects ... and probably fleas as well. Or there's the 1/1000 bet of shuffling figures of the damned." Not even Jenna would have placed money on the last one but you could always hope.

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Thu Sep 11, 2003 4:04 pm

<span style="font-family:comic sans ms; color:green;">"... a single gil on peasants," Kobakk grumbled.

"Even if I lose, I do not lose so much."
</span>

Choark

Quick post

Unread postby Choark » Thu Sep 11, 2003 4:43 pm

Jenna nodded and made a mental note. The Orc was a cautious one...

Jak Snide

Re: Quick post

Unread postby Jak Snide » Fri Sep 12, 2003 10:22 am

"Five on the damned."

In all honousty, he half expected to be right. It was Doma, after all.

Kotoki

Re: Quick post

Unread postby Kotoki » Fri Sep 12, 2003 11:43 am

As the group approached, it became clear from their lurching steps and ash grey skin that they were no longer among the living.

"Well," Kotoki said with a slightly nervous giggle, "I guess that means you win, Jak. Maybe you should have bet more money..."

As she spoke, she drew her crossbow out and kept it in her hands. It couldn't hurt to be too careful.

Choark

Whee Zombies!

Unread postby Choark » Fri Sep 12, 2003 11:59 am

"Well Holy them then!" A quirk on the use of "Damn them", something Jenna doesn't think is that bad so why use it as an insult? "They just cost me money!"

The young girl rode forward and stopped a good undead lurch in front of the obviously dead people, just in case they tried something stupid, like attacking her. Jenna jumped off the Chocobo and stared at them then suddenly snapped her fingers.

"Well come on! Who's in charge of you lot then or did you all decide to get up and walk on your own? You all costed me a lot of money and I want words!" The half-vampire girl had once had a living skeleton for a baby-sitter and her mother often used zombies to force her to have a bath (the logic behind that Jenna could never figure out but it was her mom ) so she had no fear of a few shifting undead rotten corpses.

Jak Snide

Re: Whee Zombies!

Unread postby Jak Snide » Fri Sep 12, 2003 2:24 pm

"Five thousand gil in exchange for having to wade through these fools. Not a bad trade, I'd say."

Kotoki

Unread postby Kotoki » Fri Sep 12, 2003 6:26 pm

The zombie Jenna had adressed simply continued to lurch, even after she had given her tongue-lashing.

Koneko

Unread postby Koneko » Fri Sep 12, 2003 6:37 pm

Kisera's eyes flared. Undead! And here!

...and they weren't monkeys with rainbow-colored sock fetishes. How very... disappointing.

Ah well, such creatures were always the sign of greater things brewing. Necromancers or more vampires or demons...

Something was up. A vilish plot, no doubt.

Choark

Unread postby Choark » Fri Sep 12, 2003 7:26 pm

Jenna sighed. Great she was dealing with those kind of zombies. Well as there owner wasn't here to come and make sure they were under control then they really had this coming.

"If there is any sence left in what was your probably already empty head then you know that fire is bad for you people." She placed two of her cabages on the floor next to her and held one out. "If you're able to, please scream in pain."

The rotten cabbage she held burst into flames, or at least the top of it did, so the young girl had enough time to pull back and lob it at the poor zombies. She then hopped back with the two remaining green balls of rot, knowing full well even when burned the zombies will try to move forward until the very end. Her chocobo already had the sence to back far away.

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

Weee =D

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Fri Sep 12, 2003 8:34 pm

As the vile collections of dead human tissue lurched forward toward the group, the noble (sort of) Paladin watched intently, his thoughts only on one things.

...why THE BLOODY HELL IS IT *ALWAYS* UNDEAD?! e.e;;;

The visibly angered man drew a bright orange feather out, which in a flash of light became a rather large spear, aimed and ready to silence the abominations. All the while his noble Chocobo...

...was cowering in fear behind the others in the back.

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Hmp.

Unread postby Endesu » Fri Sep 12, 2003 10:39 pm

Astrynax, having remained silent for the remainder of the trip just before, came to a halt and looked the attackers over. Zombies indeed. .. he had last seen them in that City of Shadow. Here they were, again..

His cloak flared slightly as his entire form began to radiate a light amount of energy, and a brisk crackling ensued from his palms as a streak of fire began to circle around him, stemming from his hands and encircling him within several loops.

His eyes registered a random zombie or two, and he prepared..

Kotoki

Re: Hmp.

Unread postby Kotoki » Fri Sep 12, 2003 11:08 pm

The zombies, although quite a few of them were burning, continued to advance. It was fairly clear their master had given them a goal.

For seeing a group of undead lurching towards her in the finest fashion, Kotoki was actually handling the situation quite well... Until she saw their faces. Then she threw up all over her chocobo.

(Daniel gets first attack!)

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

STABBORZ

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Sat Sep 13, 2003 7:35 pm

Daniel's face remained determined, albeit a wee bit more green in color upon seeing the non-living face to face. If there was one thing in the world that he would freely admit to hating, it was the undead.

"Be careful everyone..." he told the group, clenching his spear tight. He rushed toward the closest creature, slashing the bladed end of his weapon in a wide arc, attempting to remove the undead's head.

Choark

Quicky silly inbetween thing.

Unread postby Choark » Sun Sep 14, 2003 6:51 am

From the sidelines Jenna was suddenly holding the two cabbages and did a quick dance as Daniel charged forward and attacked, chanting over and over "Go Dan! Go Dan!", like she was leading some cheer for him. Quite odd.

Kotoki

Re: Quicky silly inbetween thing.

Unread postby Kotoki » Sun Sep 14, 2003 1:30 pm

Unfortunately, Dan's swing went wide and only grazed the top of the creature's head. Clumps of straw-like hair fell to the ground, but it didn't react.

It did, however, raise a rotting arm and hit Dan across the face with surprising strength. The paladin was actually knocked to the ground by the force of the blow. The zombie continued to advance.

(Astrynax, I choose you!)

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Unread postby Endesu » Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:02 pm

Astrynax snorted lightly in slight reflection to Daniel's 'attack' and focused his attention on a random zombie in the front flank.

The fiery energy burnt vividly in his hands... and exploded, surging forward in a violent plume of explosive flame that smacked directly into said random zombie.

Kotoki

Unread postby Kotoki » Wed Sep 17, 2003 7:17 pm

The attack worked... in a way. The zombie, although now on fire like some of its other brethern, certainly didn't seem to be deterred.

Instead, it raised an arm and hit its new attacker with the same force it had used on Daniel. However, the resulting burn was rather more painful.

Kotoki continued to be violently sick.

(Kobakk! Yeeeeer up!)

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

Wee @_@

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Wed Sep 17, 2003 10:16 pm

Spinning... swaying... everything was moving...
His brain... his bones... his insides... and a dull pain throughout his skull and neck...

Daniel coughed a few times, moaning slightly as his brain faded in and out of conciousness, from the impact to the ground.

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Re: Wee @_@

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Thu Sep 18, 2003 3:33 pm

<span style="font-family:comic sans ms; color:green;">Kobakk growled a "Stay" to his chocobo, and leapt from it, blade drawn and ready. He grinned.

"You will NOT get away with making me lose my BET!" he cried, swinging his mighty axe-sword at the nearest reanimated corpse...
</span>

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=kingofdoma>KingOfDoma</A] at: 9/18/03 6:47 pm

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Unread postby Endesu » Thu Sep 18, 2003 3:54 pm

Asty cursed and stumbled back, hurriedly using a stretch of his cloak to beat out the flames that had erupted on him.

"Damned undead!" He had suffered some burning, but this had only served to anger him..

Kotoki

Unread postby Kotoki » Sat Sep 20, 2003 2:36 pm

Kobakk's heavy artillery attack was the one that finally worked. The zombie, unable to get away in time, was neatly cleaven in two. It fell to the ground still burning.

"I knew him," Kotoki muttered, before closing her eyes and turning away from the sight of the undead attackers. Although there was nothing more in her stomach to expell, she wasn't going to be much help in this fight.

The undead continued to advance...

(One down, six to go...)

(Kisera, go go!)

Choark

Another inbetween bit

Unread postby Choark » Wed Sep 24, 2003 8:01 am

Jenna looked a little puzzeled the zombies hadn't fried completely yet and guessed these ones had to have been a bit damper then the city zombies she was used to. Probably all that country air.

She checked Daniel was still alive with a quick glance. It wouldn't be done for the eye candy to get killed so early on after all. She was kinda dissapointed Mr Mysterious Floating Cloaked man didn't get attacked as well but you can't have everything.

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=choark>Choark</A]&nbsp; Image at: 9/24/03 8:03 am

Koneko

Kisera: *pulls a magical kitty girl transformation*

Unread postby Koneko » Wed Sep 24, 2003 8:12 pm

Kisera, seeing an obstacle to her answers, promptly made her decision. Hopping down from her chocobo as little Bran-Bran fled out from under her, she faced the zombies, smirking a bit to herself.

And the best thing to do against undead was...

Kisera closed her eyes and stood still, concentrating, seeking the innermost portion of her heart wherein lay her soul. It was an eerie place, and always had been; the reflections were a thousand brackish spirits, burdening her like a swamp. They were crawling up her legs, up her stomach, pounding, suffocating, trying to bring down her very being at its core.

And suddenly, the light broke, and these were revealed to be merely illusions of a twisted path. A shining white luminescence was in her being; not what she was, but what she had become.

On the outside, one might've noticed a change in Kisera. Mostly in the fact that thirteen little glowing white stubs were expanding from her; one from each finger, two on top of her head, and one poking out of the back of her robes... much like a tail. In short order, the ones on her head burst out into brilliantly lit catlike ears, the one poking out of her robes lengthened into a shining white feline tail, and from each of her fingers came a similar claw.

She opened her eyes, smirked, and readied a fighting stance. These suckers weren't stopping anyone.

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=koneko@rpgww60462>Koneko</A] at: 9/24/03 8:12 pm

Kotoki

Re: Kisera: *pulls a magical kitty girl transformation*

Unread postby Kotoki » Fri Sep 26, 2003 1:23 pm

The zombies, ignoring Kisera's transformation, continued advancing.

(Jak!)

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Fri Sep 26, 2003 1:43 pm

Jak was not pleased. While winning a fair amount of gil was nice, the effect that the living dead were having on his beloved were not. Oblivious to exactly why she was feeling so sick, he summoned a fireball into his hand in an instant, then hurled it at the nearest standing zombie, a scowl on the black mage's face. He'd learnt long ago that walking corpses burn just as readily as conventional ones.

Edited by: Jak Snide&nbsp; Image at: 9/26/03 1:43 pm

Kotoki

Unread postby Kotoki » Sun Sep 28, 2003 12:21 pm

Although Jak's fireball hit the zombie dead on, it turned to him as it burnt and struck him across the face in a manner similar to that of its dead companion.

This left the black mage with some nasty burns, as well as catching his hat on fire.

(Jenna!)

PreviousNext

Return to Gaera Main RPs