Trouble Hatching [closed]

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
Nekogami

Trouble Hatching [closed]

Unread postby Nekogami » Mon Mar 24, 2003 4:57 pm

On some distant plane, a faintly glowing dragon's egg hovered, suspended in time and space, before Alexandria. Dramatically, the goddess wiped nonexistant sweat off her brow with a furry paw; as she had been wont to do recently, she was taking the form of a young, black-furred nekojin with dragon wings and horns.

Her sister stood by, watching, a big smile across her face. "Waiiii! Alex is having a baby!" she cheered, then corrected as an afterthought, "...Well, kinda anyway. Will it still be fluffy when it grows up?"

Alexandria --otherwise known as Ryuugami-- smiled at Stacey and replied, "Probably a little...we'll find out in a bit, anyway!"

"This is so cool! Whatcha gonna name her?"

"Uuuhm...dunno." Alex paused for a bit, looking thoughtful. "How does Xanda sound?"

Stacey also paused for reflection, and then responded, "Sounds good." She nodded, and then added, "Are you gonna raise it yourself?"

"Well, yes, once it hatches."

"Will it be okay on its own 'till then? I don't know much about eggs...fluffy things don't lay eggs. Isn't that strange? Almost no fluffy things lay eggs. I wonder why."

Ryuugami replied absently. "It is. Hmm..." For a moment she looked distracted, but then quickly returned her attention to the egg. "This won't be alone, anyway. I'll get one of my paladins to help me take care of it!" she chirped.

"Oh, okay. Paladins are nice." Stacey replied with a smile, but her expression soon turned to pouting. "...I still think your high priest should be a girl. It's more fun to have a sister."

Her sister didn't seem to hear her. She blinked distractedly as she summoned a small form between her paws. It was shining softly, but just strongly enough to partially obscure the shape at the center. "Let's see..." she mumbled...

"Ooo...what's that?"

"It's a gift from sis...an unborn Inkaaneto... She's going to stay in the egg for a while."

"Ohhh..." Stacey peered at the Inkaa curiously. "Is that what all fluffy things look like before they're born? I never thought to check."

Ryuugami leaned toward the egg in front of her, and slowly and gently moved the Inkaaneto forward. As it came in contact with the shell, it surprisingly passed through, progressing until the form and its aura became completely enveloped by the egg. Extracting her hands, Alexandria turned to her 'younger' sister. "I don't know...I think Inkaaneto aren't normal fluffy things. They're immortal, and stuff."

"Ohhh..."

Suddenly, Ryuugami leaped over and hugged Stacey, then scooped up the egg, nuzzling it happily. "My own little Inkaa-dragon...I wonder what she'll look like when she hatches?"

Stacey hugged back, adding her own thoughts. "Won't your paladin be surprised when she has a little fluffy dragon baby!"

"I'm sure she'll be pleased to help the cause of dragonkind so much..." Alex replied. Her voice then dropped to a whisper. "This little Inkaa is going to help me distribute power to my followers, because...well, you know..." She looked a bit embarrassed, but Stacey only nodded in reply, so she continued on briskly. "Sizer would be a perfect mother!" she exclaimed, but her expression soon turned quizzical. "...Wait...she's already a mother. And kinda busy, too."

Tilting her head, she considered her other options. "Well, one of my other paladins will have to watch over it then...let's see...Mitsu is busy in Nekonia...Ryuu is building a temple in Doma...and Mikan is on family business..." Frowning, she pursed her lips and pouted slightly. "Mom won't let me...I--wait!" she smiled brightly as she came upon her answer. "Of course!" Ryuugami nuzzled the egg again and set it down carefully, even though it just floated in the air.

Stacey looked up at Alex expectantly, curious. "Anyone I know?"

"Of course! You know Richard don't you? He'll be perfect."

Stacey's eyes grew wide as she thought of her sister's choice, but soon she returned Alex's smile. "Richard's gonna be a mommy!" she exclaimed.

"Uh-huh!" Alexandria replied simply, hugging Stacey. "I better go deliver the egg...I'll see you soon, okay?"

"Okay. Have fun!"
<center> -====''(>.>)''- ~~~~~@</center>
Richard rolled over in his bed. It was morning already and he had promised Robert some hard training. The boy was showing promise. He swung his legs over the side of the bed with this encouraging thought.

"Well, up and at 'em, Richard." He yawned loudly and waddled to the bathroom, his back aching. He recalled lifting boxes later the other day, perhaps he over did it, he thought.

He pulled his toothbrush from the cup and looked in the mirror. "Putting on weight, Richard. Training will be good for Rob and me." He did a double take. There was a note attached to the mirror.

"Hi Richard! Everyone else was busy, so could you please deliver my egg to Rook Lok for me? I'd really appreciate it! Thanks! -Ryuugami-

"P.S. Her name is Xanda. ^_^"

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=nekogami>Nekogami</A]&nbsp; Image at: 3/24/03 4:03:16 pm

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Re: Trouble Hatching [closed]

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Mon Mar 24, 2003 5:25 pm

<span style="font-family:times new roman; color:blue;">*nok nok nok*

Daenj'r Tymisonn, white mage and all around good guy, rapped on the JD door. "H'llo? Anyone here?"

He checked some shadows on the ground for the time. "Dang... thought they were open by now..."

He tried the door. Unlocked. "Oh... guess they is..." He shrugged. Opening the door, he looked around for the gobs. They were the only ones that could make a half decent sandwich this early, and he NEEDED some sandwich right now...

Oh man... she's pregnant again... he thought to himself. How'm I gonna contain her THIS time? The woman he worried about was his bride, Jazz, who was pregnant with their second and third child together. Most women wouldn't be that troublesome in this time of maternity, but Jazz was a vampire. They didn't seem to take the raging hormones well at all...

"Just worry about the sandwich right now, Dae... just the sandwich...." he audibly told himself. But it was barely any use, knowing right now his partner could be shoving firecrackers down a guard's pants...

The city was not safe.

But, little did Dae know he'd have a far more urgent concern on his hands in little time at all...</span>

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Mon Mar 24, 2003 5:43 pm

<div align=justify><font color=teal>To Dae's possible surprise, Dia was behind the counter this morning, wiping down an already clean counter and needlessly rearranging bottles. While it was not particularly surprising for Dia to be in her own inn, it was somewhat surprising for her to be the one to open it; that was normally a duty she left to the goblins or other employees, while she slept in.

Dia looked up at Dae's audible musings, blinking in mild surprise to see her old (for Dia) acquaintance. "Morning, Dae. I take it you want a sandwich, eh? What kind?" As an afterthought, she added, "And what brings you out so early?"</font></div>

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Mon Mar 24, 2003 5:50 pm

<span style="font-family:times new roman; color:blue;">"Ah, needed t'get out the house. Jazz was sorta... EEP today... oh, and a ham and cheese on brown, please... all the fixin's..."

He came down to the bar and sat across from his ol' pal Dia. "Speakin' o'which, what're you doin' behind the bar this early?"</span>

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Mon Mar 24, 2003 6:12 pm

<div align=justify><font color=teal>Dia shook her head in response to Dae's explanation, and took a moment to call the order back to the kitchen, before pouring a glass of water and handing it to him. "Robert woke me up. The little sh--brat woke me up before dawn, because he was all excited about some training lesson or another..." Dia trailed off into a mostly incoherent mumbling about the evils of young children, and perhaps muttering a vow against them. She fell silent as a goblin came out to deliver Daenj'r's sandwich.

"Well, I'll leave you alone to eat in peace," Dia said politely, moving away from Dae to make sure the rest of the room was in order. "Yell if you need something."</font></div>

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Mon Mar 24, 2003 6:41 pm

Raptre poked his head into the Jade Dragon. He waved to a goblin and entered in full Doman armor. The metal glistened and anyone could tell Raptre took pride in his position as knight. A small blue cape as clipped to his shoulders, completing the uniform.

"Daenj'r? How are you?" Raptre said quietly moving over to him. "You're up early today." A goblin brought Raptre his usual breakfast: milk. Raptre thanked the goblin kindly and paid him.

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Mon Mar 24, 2003 7:51 pm

<span style="font-family:times new roman; color:blue;">"Yeah, you'd be too, with Jazz... the way she is..." Daenj'r said with a sideways glance as he... MMMMMMMMMMMM... bit into his sandwich.

"But I'm doin' a'ight. How you doin' t'day, bruh?"</span>

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Mon Mar 24, 2003 9:00 pm

Raptre drank is milky slowly. "I'm fine. Today, I have castle rounds so I'm all armored up. I think I have throne room and sleeping quarters for the next few days, now that I think on it." He looked towards that back room. "What's this about Jazz?"

Nakibe
Lady Malix wills your demise!

Unread postby Nakibe » Mon Mar 24, 2003 9:05 pm

"... what the heck?" managed Richard as he looked at the squiggles on the paper in front of him... Dammit, I knew I shoulda asked Dia more about how the hell to read this stuff He saw "egg" and acouple other words he recognized, but nothing that could help him make sense of this thing. Running out of options to combat this mystery, Richard decided to do something about it. He Yelled downstairs as loud as he could. "HEY DIA!!! COULDJA COME HERE A MINUTE?!?"

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=nekogami>Nekogami</A]&nbsp; Image at: 3/24/03 8:07:27 pm

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Mon Mar 24, 2003 9:07 pm

<span style="color:teal;">Ethra walked into the Jade dragon smiling her usual morning smile. She shook her head getting her long torquoise hair out of her face. She was dressed in her usual outfit of worn brown pants, that had a few holes in them here and there, and a black vest. Her feet don't seem that dirty though as she has just taken a nice morning bath.

"Hey Mr. Goblin, get me some wine please? Eh, the cheap kind I mean." She sat down on a stool at the bar and leaned forward, putting her arms on the bar and then resting her head on, them waiting for her drink.

She grumbled incoherently to herself when she heard someone yelling in the distance, why couldn't people be quiet early in the morning?</span>

Edited by: Dark Xia at: 3/24/03 8:09:51 pm

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Mon Mar 24, 2003 9:20 pm

<span style="font-family:times new roman; color:blue;">Dae took in a breath, and just said it.

"She's pregnant again..."

I wonder if he was around the last time she was wit' child...</span>

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Mon Mar 24, 2003 9:21 pm

<div align=justify><font color=teal>Dia waved to Raptre as soon as she noticed he'd entered, but as he got into a conversation with Dae, she had an excuse to not interrupt. She also nodded and smiled to Ethra as she entered, recognizing her as a girl she passingly knew, thanks to one of her employees and acquaintances, Will Baseton.

She had just opened her mouth to greet Ethra aloud, when she heard Richard yelling. "Dammit, I wonder what...?" she muttered with some of her trademark short-temperedness, but the statement trailed off before she finished it. Turning and going up the stairs, she made her way to and leaned against the doorframe to Richard's room, looking in and wondering what was the matter. "Yeah? What is it?" she called.</div></font>

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Mon Mar 24, 2003 9:25 pm

Raptre slapped Dae on the back. "Congratulations! You're having an egg or did you use corn?"

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Mon Mar 24, 2003 9:42 pm

<span style="color:teal;">Ethra snickered as she heard this. Ah, there was never a wrong time for humour..... unless your life depended on you not laughing. She finally picked up her head from the table as she heard the wine being placed next to her by one of the goblins. Taking a big sip of it sip of it she raises it up and gives a toast "Three cheers for the goodness of life!" Then winking in Dae's direction. "And new life!"</span>

Nakibe

Unread postby Nakibe » Mon Mar 24, 2003 9:45 pm

"Hey Dia", he started, handing her the paper. "What's that about? Found it here this mornin and I have NO idea what it's talkin about."

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Mon Mar 24, 2003 9:58 pm

<div align=justify><font color=teal>Dia observed absently that Richard looked a bit strange this morning, but was soon distracted by the note he held out. Taking the note, she and immediately began reading it aloud.

" 'Hi Richard! Everyone else was busy, so could you please deliver my' ...what the?" She shook her head and continued. "'...Could you please deliver my egg to Rook Lok for me? I'd really appreciate it! Thanks!' Signed Ryuugami. There's a postscript... 'Her name is Xanda.' "

Dia looked thoroughly confused, and handed the note back with a shrug. "Either Ryuugami has a job for you, or Rob's playin' a prank somehow...either way, I better get back downstairs. We have three customers already this morning. If you want to say hi, Daenj'r and Raptre are down there..."

Without another thought, Dia turned around and headed back downstairs.</font></div>

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Mon Mar 24, 2003 10:42 pm

<span style="font-family:times new roman; color:blue;">... yep. He wasn't around for the last time...

"Uh, I don' think y'understand... MY WIFE IS PREGNANT. ON TOPPA DAT, WIT' TWINS. THAT MEANS ALL OF DOMA CITY, AN' MAYBE ALLA DOMA COULD BE BLOWN T'BITS BY A BARRAGE OF FIRECRACKAS AN' CRAZY."

He took another ravenous bite of his sandwich, a quick mental escape for the horrors his lover was about to drop on the world. "And trus' me, Rap... I ain' exaggeratin'..."</span>

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Mon Mar 24, 2003 10:51 pm

<div align=justify><font color=teal>Dia came down JUST in time to hear Dae's exclamation, which drove all thoughts of the note out of her mind as she stopped by the stairwell and stared.

She opened her mouth to assure Dae he was exaggerrating, before remembering Jazz's behavoir while she was giving birth to Jenna...an event Dia was present for.

"Err..." was all she said, before hiding behind the counter under the pretense of cleaning behind the bar.</font></div>

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Mon Mar 24, 2003 10:57 pm

"Oh well, heh.. hey, I've heard of people dealing with threats to the planet before, so it can't be too too bad, can it?" She took another sip of her wine.

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Mon Mar 24, 2003 10:57 pm

The dracogriff just stared at them both. They seemed to hold a lot of stock in the warning. He would have to make a note to alert Hakaril of the impending doom. He cleared his throat. "Ah...well....."

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Mon Mar 24, 2003 11:07 pm

<div align=justify><font color=teal>Dia seized an opportunity to break the silence, turning to Raptre. "Hey, Rap. It's been a while," she greeted, smiling, but unable to hide a note of nervousness. "Good to see you again...can I get you anything?"

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Mon Mar 24, 2003 11:09 pm

Raptre smiled. "No, my milk is fine. Unless you have some cookies. I think Rykki would like them. Oh and something for Tessei. Make it a rock if you got one." He winked knowingly at her. "So how is business?"

Nakibe

Unread postby Nakibe » Mon Mar 24, 2003 11:16 pm

Richard walked after Dia... which was a lot harder than he'd thought. Something was odd about his back. It'd never hurt him like this before. "Hn. Must've thrown out one drunk too many..." Making his way down the stairs, Richard stopped to catch his breath at the bottom of the stairs. "Sheeeeit..."

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Mon Mar 24, 2003 11:36 pm

<div align=justify><font color=teal>"We can bake some cookies later on, I'm sure...Rob would appreciate some I bet. ...I'm not sure I have anything suitable for Tessei..." Dia frowned slightly, but smothered the expression with a smile. "Anyway, business is doing fine. Well enough to add that..." she pointed up at the skylight, "And a few other additions as well."

Dia glanced over at Richard as he came downstairs, checking a bit. She now realized what it was about him that seemed so different. He looked...suddenly like he had put on a lot of weight. When did THAT happen? she wondered, not even aware that she was staring.</font></div>

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Mon Mar 24, 2003 11:40 pm

Raptre waved to Richard. "Hello, Richard! Long time no see. How's the training doing?"

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Mon Mar 24, 2003 11:42 pm

<span style="color:teal;">With the mention of the skylight Ethra leaned back in her chair, paying no attention to Richard for the moment, and taking in the view of the sky. What a cool idea, a window in the roof. She seemed to go into a trance as she watched the clouds pass by above them.</span>

Nakibe

Unread postby Nakibe » Mon Mar 24, 2003 11:47 pm

"... rough." was all Richard managed in reply

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Tue Mar 25, 2003 12:43 am

Raptre looked the dragoon over. He definitely looked different. "You look fat," the dracogriff said honestly. "And you have bigger hips. Maybe you should lay off the ale for a while...."

Deeum

Unread postby Deeum » Tue Mar 25, 2003 3:47 am

<font color="#826800">Taking a peek into the doors of the Jade Dragon, Deeum slid herself into the doorway and was sightly startled by one of the goblins greeting customers.
Looking up abit cautiously, she smiled and made her way to the main bar counter and took a seat towards the end.
"I'll never get used to them.." she thought before ordering a small mug of ale.
"Another day, another time I make my rounds around the city.." Deeum uttered to herself.</font>

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Tue Mar 25, 2003 11:39 am

<span style="font-family:times new roman; color:blue;">"Real tactful, bruh..." Dae said to Rap with a smirk and a sip of water. "Why don't y'tell him 'e's ugly an' stupid, too?"</span>

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Tue Mar 25, 2003 3:47 pm

Raptre looked slightly embarrassed. "What? I was just trying to be honest." He bowed his head at Richard. "Sorry, Richard. I meant no offense."

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Tue Mar 25, 2003 3:47 pm

<div align=justify><font color=teal>Startled by Rap's bluntness, Dia shot a glare at Dae, before heading over towards Deeum. She didn't want to be close by when Richard blew his top.

"Hey, Deeum!" she greeted cheerfully. "It's been a long, long time since I've seen you out. How goes it?"</font></div>

Deeum

Unread postby Deeum » Tue Mar 25, 2003 4:46 pm

<font color="#826800">
Turning her head away from the slight agrument to the side. Deeum heard Dia's cheerfull voice and smiled back in reply.
"I've been busy with making my rounds around the city and such. Leaves me next to no room for happy-Deeum-getting-drunk-time!.. if you know what I mean." She laughed
"How goes business here? its been so long since I've come here and sat down for a drink."</font>

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Tue Mar 25, 2003 6:09 pm

<div align=justify><font color=teal>"Surprisingly well...Pheryl left me a good business...there's hardly anything for me to do but get people's orders." Okay, that was a lie. Dia was finding herself doing that all too often recently...oh well. "Speaking of which, what can I get you?"</font></div>

Deeum

Unread postby Deeum » Tue Mar 25, 2003 6:19 pm

<font color="#826800">
"just a tall mug of ale would be fine."
leaning against the countertop, Deeum glanced over towards a few people then back towards Dia. "ah i bet the barlife never gets too dull, eh?"

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Tue Mar 25, 2003 6:34 pm

<div align=justify><font color=teal>Dia snorted in half-amusement, half-annoyance. "That's a polite way to put it...keep a close watch, I'll lay you 10 gil that he's going to explode at Raptre, Dae, or both..." she assured, as she got Deeum her ale.</font></div>

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Tue Mar 25, 2003 7:27 pm

<span style="font-family:times new roman; color:blue;">Dae slapped ten gil on the counter.

"I'll take dat bet," he said with a smile. Easy money...</span>

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Tue Mar 25, 2003 7:28 pm

Ale makes you fat? Hope wine doesn't do the same...

Nakibe

Unread postby Nakibe » Tue Mar 25, 2003 9:28 pm

"Huh?" was Richard's reply. After a bit of confusion, he met Raptre's gaze with a scowl. "What the hell are ya talkin about, Eh? You wanna fight with me or somethin?"

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Tue Mar 25, 2003 10:42 pm

Ethra flicked her eyes in Richard's direction, "Hey, you shouldn't get mad at people for just telling the truth. Geez." She sat up straight in her chair and took another sip of her wine.

Next

Return to Gaera Main RPs