Trouble Hatching [closed]

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Re: Wark, dambit! >:|

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Mon Apr 14, 2003 10:56 pm

<span style="font-family:times new roman; color:blue;">Dae scanned the group of feathery faces.

"Uh.... you," he said as he laid his eyes on a simple, yellow chocobo.

He went over and examined it. "Yeah, you'll do..."

He turned to the proprietor. "'Ey, this guy got a name?"</span>

Nekogami

Re: No font color this time..

Unread postby Nekogami » Wed Apr 16, 2003 10:09 am

The chocobo rancher nodded. "That ones, Wakka. He's got a funny call."

"Warkka!", the chocobo called out out hearing its name.

The rancher turned to Ethra. "And that one's, Chrono. He's a nice one he is. Quiet too." Chrono nuzzled Ethra for hugging him. "If your all set you can get saddled up and go. Thank you for your buisness!" The chocobo rancher smiled.

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Wed Apr 16, 2003 11:18 am

<span style="font-family:times new roman; color:blue;">"Wakka, huh? Heh... y'look like fun, pal. This one's wit' me," Dae said, smiling at his choice...</span>

Deeum

Unread postby Deeum » Wed Apr 16, 2003 4:35 pm

Deeum petted the chocobo she hed been standing infront of since they had gotten here. then looked towards the rancer. "I'll take this fella. if you don't mind"

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Wed Apr 16, 2003 8:34 pm

The chocobo rancher nodded to Dae and Deeum and went back to work.

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Wed Apr 16, 2003 11:23 pm

"Oooh Chrono, nice name ^_^."

Drake's cuter though. Sagely nodding to herself, Ethra looked around for a saddle, then mounted the Chocobo.

Nakibe
Lady Malix wills your demise!

Unread postby Nakibe » Fri Apr 18, 2003 9:48 am

"HEY... uuuh... YOU!" Richard shouted to the rancher, hoping he'd get the idea. "What'cha got in... uuh.... somethin' calm, and perhaps can hold a bit of weight?" he asked, hoping that this guy had what he needed. After all, riding would be INFINITELY BETTER than the back pain he'd experience if he walked.

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Fri Apr 18, 2003 9:57 am

The Chocobo Rancher looked at Richard. Richard was getting a bit more plumb as time progressed. The Rancher thought. "Well...." He got up and went to the reserves stable behind the renting stable and grabbed a beast that seemed suitable.

"I usually keep this for special occasions like this. This is a pony from the west. Already saddled it up for ya."

The pony was shaggy and and about 4 feet tall. It snorted at Richard and moved over to stand in front of him like as if to say. "Hop on, bub. Let's get this show on the road."

"Names Snort. He does that a lot."

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Fri Apr 18, 2003 4:17 pm

<span style="font-family:times new roman; color:blue;">As Daenj'r mounted his steed, he said to Richard with a chuckle, "Don't forget t' ride side saddle..."</span>

Nakibe

Unread postby Nakibe » Sun Apr 20, 2003 4:39 pm

Richard growled at that, but then grinned wickedly. Forming a small spark at the tip of his finger, he pointed at the rear-end of the Chocobo Dae was getting on... and fired. Hehehehe... This oughtta be good...

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Sun Apr 20, 2003 9:16 pm

Wakka jumped high into the air with a squawk and took off like a bat out of hell, bouncing Dae roughly along. Wakka eventually shot passed Raptre who was still waiting outside the gates.

"Huh??" Raptre mounted Daffodil and urged her to chase Dae on the runaway chocobo. "Daenj'r hold on!"

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Sun Apr 20, 2003 9:36 pm

Having spotted this... Ethra turned her attention to Richard

"That wasn't nice... >_>"

Deeum

Unread postby Deeum » Mon Apr 21, 2003 3:46 am

Mounting onto her Chocobo, Deeum saw Dae took off like a bat out of hell.
She used everybit of her willpower NOT to laugh at him.
Tightening the reigns in her hands, the chocobo strutted back and forth adjusting itself due to the extra weight.
"Well we will get to Riva faster if go that fast!"Deeum laughed leaning over to pet the neck of her feather ride.

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Mon Apr 21, 2003 10:21 am

<span style="font-family:times new roman; color:blue;">">.< FRIK! Aaaah... Wakka, calm down, boy! Calm down!"

Daenj'r's hands held tight to the reigns, not intending to let go...

Where's a redmage hat when you need it?</span>

Nakibe

Laughing at Others Expense

Unread postby Nakibe » Mon Apr 21, 2003 3:35 pm

Richard looked at Ethra's serious look for one moment, returning the glare with full force... then broke out in a hearty laugh. "Ehehehe... Didn't mean it t' be nice, Ma'am. 'sides... 'e looks like he'll be allright. I think."

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Mon Apr 21, 2003 5:19 pm

<div align=justify><font color=teal>"Oh geeze..." Dia muttered disapprovingly. After taking care of the payment details, she mounted her chocobo and urged him out of the stables. "Come on, guys...let's get moving. Don't want anyone to go into labor along the way because we dallied, now do we?"

Smirking evilly, and sparing a moment to relish the confusion the comment might inspire in the stablekeep, Dia kicked her chocobo into a steady run to follow after Raptre and Dae. Seeing that the two weren't slowing down anytime soon, she decided to lend her services to calming the chocobo.

'Waaark?' she telepathed Wakka soothingly. She then flashed a series of images and feelings, which basically got across the idea of 'You'll be safe, it's okay, we'll protect you...calm down...'</font></div>

Nekogami

Dude, beat me for being lazy.

Unread postby Nekogami » Mon Apr 28, 2003 11:35 am

The chocobo warked and slowed down to a stop, though he shivered in fear. Raptre caught up with Daenj'r and put his hand on his shoulder. "Are you all right?! What happened?"

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Mon Apr 28, 2003 6:05 pm

<div align=justify><font color=teal>Dia halted her chocobo next to Daenj'r's, reaching over to comfort Wakka with a pat to the head. "Dae, you better take good care to reassure that chocobo...he's probably going to be skittish the rest of the trip..."

She shot a brief glare at Richard before turning to answer Raptre's question. "Something spooked the chocobo, Rap...but...he seems to be better now, right?" She kneed the chocobo forward, stopping a few meters ahead of the others and twisting around to look back at them. "But now that we're started on the journey...let's get going!"

Without waiting on the others, Dia turned back around and urged her chocobo into a steady trot.</font></div>

Dark Xia

Re: Dude, beat me for being lazy.

Unread postby Dark Xia » Mon May 05, 2003 9:23 pm

Ethra could barely stop herself from just laying face-down on the chobo and huggling it the whole time, but got it oin her head that they needed to be going, and urged her chocobo onward. "Comon, let's go Chrono! >.> let's beat Dia, show em you're the fastest... and no Richard I don't think we need you to send a firebball up his butt for him to do it."

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Fri May 16, 2003 11:47 am

<span style="color:blue;font-family:times new roman;">Daenj'r let out a slow, weary sigh. "...do not want to do that again..."

He slowly stroked Wakka's feathers. "Good boy, Wakka... that's the way, calm down. It's a'ight now, it's a'ight..."

Why in the HECK did that happen? he thought to himself...</span>

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Tue Jun 03, 2003 2:51 pm

<font color=teal><div align=justify>Chrono sped up at Xia's urging, and soon overtook a rather surprised Dia. Dia warked at her chocobo and urged him faster herself, soon pacing Chrono. The others had to hurry to catch and keep up.

Soon the group had fallen into a steady pace, headed steadily north-northeast. The weather was pleasant for travel...it was bright and sunny, with a cool breeze. Clouds scudded across the sky playfully, throwing shadows on the ground that the group occassionally rode through.

Time passed, and the afternoon sun was nearing the horizon. In the distance, the group could see Middith.

"Here we are," Dia announced. "I'm starved...let's find a restaurant to eat at and decide where we're going next."

Dia nudged her chocobo into a slow trot and entered the town. Townsfolk gave the group curious stares as they followed -- Middith wasn't used to that many travellers.

"I hope you all remember the decision we have to make. Do we take the short route and head through Riva, or do we take the long route and go around it? Votes?"</div></font>

Edited by: pd Rydia&nbsp; Image at: 6/6/03 3:30 pm

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Tue Jun 03, 2003 5:44 pm

<span style="font-family:times new roman; color:blue;">"Dang, I don' really need t'be out 'ere longer th'n I need t'be... Jazz is prob'ly ballistic cuz I'm gone anyhow... let's go through Riva, get this done wit'..."</span>

Deeum

Unread postby Deeum » Tue Jun 03, 2003 8:47 pm

Deeum looked at Daenj'r confused as she sat down in the resturant
"You left and didn't tell ANYONE?"
She paused for a moment then shook her head. Wasn't any of her business anyway.
"Food sounds good right now.. I'm sure Richard has been getting massive cravings by now." She chuckled

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=dragonmistressscv>DragonMistressSCV</A] at: 6/3/03 8:54 pm

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Wed Jun 04, 2003 12:00 am

Raptre stretched once off his mount and nuzzled his chocobo. "Good job, Daisy." He turned to Richard to see if he was all right. "How's our expecting mother?"

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Wed Jun 04, 2003 7:02 am

Ethra leaned on one hand, giving Richard a constant stare "Mhhh so that's what being pregnant looks like, guess I don't..." and she mumbles off quietly to herself. "Hey are girl chocobos like that Chrono? Probably can't even walk around with the way your bodies are..." Ethra gave the chocobo a few pets on the back of the neck

Nakibe

Unread postby Nakibe » Thu Jun 05, 2003 10:53 am

Richard did his best to maintain his dignity in the face of this depressing time. In this case, it meant that he made a halfhearted rude gesture in Raptre's direction while grumbling. His stomach was bothering him, and not just from the kid.

"... I'm hungry," He proclaimed, glowering at everyone in general. "I want Fish and peanuts on a bed of roasted mushrooms and covered in chocolate. Well, somethin like that, anyways."

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Thu Jun 05, 2003 1:28 pm

Raptre looked a little confused. He'd eaten wierd things in his life but what Richard wanted even HE wouldn't touch. "Well, I guess we better find an inn."

He took the reigns of Richards pony and his own chocob and started to guide them away towards a two floor place called "Middith Tavern". It had tired looking shingles and a thatched roof. The glass was drooping, as though it had been there for some time and was tinted slightly yellow.

The knight tied the mounts to the pole outside and smiled. "How does this place look guys?"

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Thu Jun 05, 2003 2:50 pm

<span style="font-family:times new roman; color:blue;">"Like s@#$, t'be frank," Daenj'r said, dismounting and tying up his steed. "But unless we got somewhere else t'go, I think we're stuck..."</span>

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Fri Jun 06, 2003 3:25 pm

Ethra shrugged "A place to sleep is a place to sleep..."

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Fri Jun 06, 2003 3:29 pm

<font color=teal><div align=justify>"Whatever," Dia said. "Let's just eat up and decide where we're going."</div></font>

Nakibe

Unread postby Nakibe » Sat Jun 07, 2003 1:28 pm

"As long as I get SOMETHING to eat..." quoth Richard with a small bit of a growl. A growl that went along with the growling of his stomach, no doubt.

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Mon Jun 09, 2003 12:30 am

The party, once inside the inn, settled around in a booth. A young woman with fair hair and a thin frame approached them. She had a slightly pronounced accent.

"Wot d'you want, nah? You c'n pay, cain't you?" She eyed them a little suspiciously.

Raptre swallowed. "Um, I'll have...water and chicken broth, please. And we can pay. I'm an official Doman Knight."

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Mon Jun 09, 2003 12:44 am

<font color=teal><div align=justify>"A turkey sandwich, please," Dia said. "And some...water."

Dia settled into her seat comfortably, before looking around at the assembled group. She just hoped they'd hurry up and get this done...

Of course, that brought up the matter of whether or not they'd go through or around Doma...Dia wasn't very keen on going through the country again, but then again, the sooner they got this over with...</div></font>

Deeum

Unread postby Deeum » Mon Jun 09, 2003 12:26 pm

"MM.. i think i'll have a full roast, some noodles, and a few chicken legs." Deeum ordered with her stomach also growling like mad.

"So, how much more do we have? its been kind of easy going so far.."

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Mon Jun 09, 2003 12:31 pm

Raptre thought for a moment. "Well, cutting through Riva and heading across the Salazar and straight to Rook Lok will about about two weeks. Going around will add about a week."

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Mon Jun 09, 2003 2:58 pm

<span style="font-family:times new roman; color:blue;">After ordering his spicy shrimp penne, Dae chimed in. "So folks? You think it's worth the danger t'cut through Riva? Cuz if it ain't, 'at's fine by me...

"But do ya really wanna be around when this kid decides t'come out? I say, get this done now, get home fasta."

And it don't help that if this kid decides to show... He gulped. I'mma have to be the one to show him the door... >.< And I'd just ratha not think about dat...</span>

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Mon Jun 09, 2003 4:01 pm

<font color=teal><div align=justify>Dia sighed.

"As much as I'm not particularly enamoured to the idea of cutting through Riva..." she said, "I think skirting around the country...would not be best. If I know Ryuugami, she counted on us taking the quickest and most direct route...wouldn't do any good for...uh...Richard...um...in the middle of the forest...uh...yeah..."</div></font>

Nakibe

Unread postby Nakibe » Tue Jun 10, 2003 10:17 pm

Meanwhile, Richard was busy stuffing his face with food. Too busy doing this, in fact, to say much for a bit. And for that the others might've been thankful... except for one thing.

"Hey, Dia, have we got enough for me to order one of everything they got?"

Yes, folks, Richard was very much eating for two now.

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Tue Jun 10, 2003 10:21 pm

<div align=justify><font color=teal>Dia looked to Richard in shock.

"What th...no! I mean, yes, but...no. You don't...really need that much to eat...!

"...do you?"</font></div>

Deeum

Unread postby Deeum » Wed Jun 11, 2003 2:39 am

Deeum was buys eating her own mass quantity of food. She nodded and swallowed down the roast and took a large swig of water.
"Eh, he is expecting. let him eat! he needs to let the baby grow big and strong after all."

PreviousNext

Return to Gaera Main RPs