Trouble Hatching [closed]

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
Dark Xia

Re: mew

Unread postby Dark Xia » Mon Mar 31, 2003 12:41 am

<span style="color:teal;">Ethra's mind had begun to race suddenly, "Hmm.. hey how long will this trip take exactly?"

For a moment she longed to be single again, but she soon smiled, she'd given up that freedom freely, and wouldn't take it make for all the world.

"And when do we leave? As soon as possible I'll bet?" Glancing over in Richard's direction, that seemed the obvious answer. "And how long will it take for that thing to hatch anyway? Hey and can I have some of that paper Dia?"</span>

Edited by: Dark Xia at: 3/30/03 11:41:53 pm

pd Rydia

Re: No font color this time..

Unread postby pd Rydia » Mon Mar 31, 2003 1:00 am

<div align=justify><font color=teal>Dia passed the paper to Ethra absently. "I don't know how long it'll take to hatch...Ryuugami knows, I'm sure, but I can't exactly ask her..."

She sighed. "We might need to go to Rook Lok as quickly as possible...the quickest route is straight through Riva, which will take about a week. But..." Dia paused, her tone and expression displaying clearly that she didn't care to pass THROUGH Riva. "It'd be a lot safer to skirt around Riva, avoiding dragoons and such...even though that'd take about two weeks..."

She shook her head. "But we don't have to make that decision till...Middith?" Dia looked surprised, suddenly reconizing the mention of Robert's hometown. It was a small little village, but...almost directly north of Doma capital, and right along the Rivan border.

"Um..." Dia looked down at her hands, and then up...to the side of Richard's head. "...Whenever you're ready to leave...I guess..."

She felt a little rushed for some reason...like there was some outside force hurrying her on this task. The rest of this group could feel this, too, particularly Richard, Ethra, and Raptre, and only to a lesser extent Deeum and Daenj'r...</font></div>

Edited by: pd Rydia&nbsp; Image at: 3/31/03 12:03:31 am

Nakibe
Lady Malix wills your demise!

Re: mew

Unread postby Nakibe » Mon Mar 31, 2003 8:55 pm

"Yeah yeah, I guess you're right..." Richard replied to Dia. "Just gimmie a minute. Need ta gather up some things." and with that he trudged upstairs (Despite his back pains), to go get his lance and some other things that he might need. But his first stop was to visit the bathroom to take care of a bit of business. He started to take care of business... this was a moment BEFORE he felt something... odd. Dreading what he felt... he looked down.

<span style="color:red;font-size:xx-large;">WHAT THE FUCK!?!?!</span>

Apparently Ryuugami had remembered that Richard was male.... and sought to correct it.

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Mon Mar 31, 2003 9:48 pm

<div align=justify><font color=teal>Richard's yell echoed throughout the inn, shaking the walls and rattling the bottles behind the counter...and shaking Dia to the core.

"Oh goddess..." she murmured, eyes wide. "Wha...?" But she stopped herself before asking the question.

"Um...would someone...please check on Richard...and make sure he's alright?" she asked, very poorly attempting to cover up her unease. "And, um...I guess...everyone should go get their stuff together for the...trip..."

Dia would go to get her own things, but they were upstairs, and going up there would be going closer to a singularly pissed off dragoon, from what she could discern...</font></div>

Edited by: pd Rydia&nbsp; Image at: 3/31/03 8:49:08 pm

Dark Xia

....fine fine, the dirty work.

Unread postby Dark Xia » Mon Mar 31, 2003 10:05 pm

"Fine fine, I'll go check," Eth stuffed the note she had written in her pocket. Dashing off she tried to locate the source of the noise, her ears were ringing, but she was able to determine that someone was in the bathroom. She approached the door with caution, and knocked. "Hello? Everything alright in there?"

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Mon Mar 31, 2003 11:07 pm

Raptre looked at the ceiling as if he could see upstairs. When Dia suggested they gather their things, he realized that he need to get a few things organized.

Rykki would need to be told to behave and threatened vigorously. The same for his cousin, Tessei. He couldn't believe he was planning to leave the two alone for a week or more. He would have to contact the exchange student, Xia Shen, to keep an eye on things. The Long was a decent polymorphist and very well discliplined. She usually dropped by once a week for cleaning but this was a special case....

Then he'd have to go to the castle and relay the emergency situation. Tessei was more than capable to handle guarding duty. Handling social obligations and taking orders was a different matter.

Suddenly, leaving didn't sound like a good idea. Especially when he told the griffon that he'd be going back to their ancient home.

"Oh boy, what a day I'm going to have." Raptre shook his head and hurried out of the inn to begin his chores.

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Re: ....fine fine, the dirty work.

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Tue Apr 01, 2003 3:51 pm

<span style="font-family:times new roman; color:blue;">"... this I GOTTA see!" Dae exclaimed as he hopped off his stool and went to the bathroom to see Richard...</span>

Deeum

Unread postby Deeum » Thu Apr 03, 2003 3:25 pm

Tempted to go see if Richard was ok, Deeum needed to head to the castle herself to collect a few things for the trip.
She followed Raptre out of the in and onto the castle.

Nakibe

Unread postby Nakibe » Fri Apr 04, 2003 12:05 am

Richard heard the footsteps outside the restroom, fuming. All he managed to get through his then-clenched teeth was "GO.THE F*@$. AWAY. NOW."

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Fri Apr 04, 2003 12:12 pm

Raptre smiled kindly at Deeum. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Dee-mah. I don't think I've met you but my name is Raptre L'Sarthe. Usually I work the streets and such...You?"

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Fri Apr 04, 2003 9:07 pm

"Hey! I was just being concerned about you! There's no need to swear!" Ethra twitched, and muttered for a moment. "But then again I guess I'm not the one pregnant... noticing that some person had followed her to the bathroom she blinked, "Oh, hi umm... I think he wants to be left alone for now..."

Edited by: pd Rydia&nbsp; Image at: 4/4/03 8:11:12 pm

Deeum

Unread postby Deeum » Sun Apr 06, 2003 7:00 am

"The king normally has me going around the kingdom. its normally me that gets pawned off with the heavy grunt work and kingdom errands." Deeum replied looking to Raptre.
"So you work the streets? Heh. fun job that has to be."
Deeum wondered if she laced that last comment with toomuch sarcasm.

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Sun Apr 06, 2003 9:07 am

So attuned to Tessei and also a tad too naive towards strangers, if Deeum had any sarcasm to give, it was lost to him. "It's not bad. I meet people. Some know me by name and some clerks like to give things sometimes. I've always wanted to be a knight and serve the people so...it's self-rewarding..." He smiled at this.

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Mon Apr 07, 2003 1:19 pm

<span style="font-family:times new roman; color:blue;">With a smile, Dae said, "Screw dat! Dis is comedy g-"

Dae paused. ... do I fear dis guy less than my wife? I know what hormones can do t'a person... maybe I should leave him alone...

He came to a conclusion. I do NOT fear dis guy as much as m'wife. But, damn, still wouldn't wanna cross 'im...

"Fine. I'm outtie..." Dae then exited the bathroom, hoping to grab up the last of his sandwich and get rolling...</span>

Nakibe

Unread postby Nakibe » Mon Apr 07, 2003 7:09 pm

In due time, Richard, looking slightly more enraged (Embarassed?) than normal dashed out of the restroom and up towards his room. The hope was that he'd get up there as quickly as possible... and if some gawker was in his way when he ran through, well... a little pain never hurt anybody... too much, anyways.

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Mon Apr 07, 2003 8:13 pm

<div align=justify><font color=teal>Dia stared blankly at Daenj'r as he returned, having heard the yelling more or less clearly herself. At least, it had been clear enough for her to know there was yelling...she suddenly felt a pang of guilt for sending others out to test the waters, but not enough to outweigh her relief that it wasn't her.

"Yup...soon as possible..." she muttered to herself.</font></div>

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Mon Apr 07, 2003 8:35 pm

Raptre handled his business with his superiour officer and sent a courier to handle Tessei and Rykki. Of course the message wouldn't tell Tessei the whole story and he embellished his lack of availability so that he wouldn't have to do any explaining until AFTER the whole adventure was over.

Deeum, in tow, Raptre returned ready for battle and blessing. Whatever may come.

"So is everyone ready?"

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Mon Apr 07, 2003 9:39 pm

<span style="font-family:times new roman; color:blue;">GULP!

"Yeah, I'm ready..."</span>

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Mon Apr 07, 2003 10:14 pm

<div align=justify><font color=teal>"Err...a last thing..." Dia said, realizing she had neglected to put her matters into order. Briefly disappearing upstairs, she returned quite a few minutes later, carrying a small back in one hand. "Ready," she said with a business-like nod.</font></div>

Edited by: pd Rydia&nbsp; Image at: 4/8/03 4:38:57 pm

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Tue Apr 08, 2003 4:26 pm

Ethra had finally finished creating a small shadow creature with her magic. Entrusting her letter to it, the creature soon flew off for home. Home... she actually had a home, heh, but Drake would just have to live without her for a while. With that she bounced downstairs, "I'm ready too!"

Deeum

Unread postby Deeum » Tue Apr 08, 2003 4:58 pm

Deeum thought toherself and Raptre's innocent words. It would be a shame for him to get hurt by some of these "new" people he likes to meet.
Time passed the blonde headed ryuzoku took care of her business. letting the Guards know she will be gone, as well as telling the king of her leave for a week or more.

coming back to the inn well stocked and prepared for most events...

"So yeah i'm ready." Deeum announced along with the others.

Nakibe

Unread postby Nakibe » Tue Apr 08, 2003 6:52 pm

Around this time Richard made his way back down into the main part of the inn. "Damned armor," he grumbled as he tugged here and adjusted there... but still couldn't quite get comfortable in his armor. "Damned Egg... Damned Mission.... Yeah, I'm ready," he finally grumbled as he came back out...

It was going to be a LONG trip.

pd Rydia

Re: Trouble Hatching [closed]

Unread postby pd Rydia » Tue Apr 08, 2003 7:04 pm

"Well Raptre...lead the way..." Dia said, then paused to consider. "Should we stop to get chocobos for the trip? I can...put them on the JD's tab and pay them off over a time period..." Anything to hurry this up as much as possible...

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Wed Apr 09, 2003 11:25 pm

Raptre drew himself up importantly. "For those us that can't fly or are egg-heavy. Yes, Chocobos would be convenient. We'll leave on from the North Gate and proceed due north along the Kings Highway until we reach Middith."

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Wed Apr 09, 2003 11:59 pm

<div align=justify><font color=teal>Dia shook herself, shouldering her bag and looking straight at Raptre, steadily. "Right," she said matter-of-factly. "Let's drop by the chocobo stables on the way out of town, then ride towards Middith. Please lead the way, Raptre..."</font></div>

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Thu Apr 10, 2003 12:02 am

Raptre spun on his heal and marched out the door whistling a merry little tune. As he lead them to the stables, he waved to a few inhabitants, mainly senior citizens and harried mothers that greeted him warmly. The stables were right next to gate and they smelled of fresh chocobo.

"So how many are we gonna need? I'll just stroll along in my true form until we're right outside Middith. I heard they're twitchy up there...."

Deeum

Unread postby Deeum » Thu Apr 10, 2003 2:54 am

Walking up to one of the chocobo tired up in its respective stable Deeum reached out slowly to pat it on the beak.
"So only ones who can't fly eh?" She trailed off thinking about that very comment.
Sure she could fly on her own.But that involves her having to transform into her dragony self... Which is something that Deeum wasn't too fond of. Sure it didn't hurt. but the hell if it didn't take immense physical endurance... not to mention getting dizzy for a bit didn't help..
"So eh.. if its all the same to you. I can pay for my own Chocobo." Deeum muttered still petting the chocobo's head.

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Thu Apr 10, 2003 3:15 am

<div align=justify><font color=teal>"I don't think Middith has a chocobo stable, it's too small...might want to get a chocobo while you have the chance, Rap." Dia strolled along the stalls, nodding to Deeum as she announced her desire to pay for her own chocobo. Secretly, she was relieved to hear it.

She halted outside a seemingly empty stall, rapping lightly on the door. A warble greeted her, followed by the sudden appearance of a chocobo head as the creature raised itself off the stall floor. The bird bobbed its head at Dia, bits of straws sticking out of its feathers. Leading the chocobo out of the stall, the dragonhalf looked for a stablehand.

"We'll need...6 chocobos...5 if you insist on walking, Raptre." She continued her search, a bit irritably. "Is there an employee around here, or what?"</font></div>

Nekogami

Griffons>yuo

Unread postby Nekogami » Thu Apr 10, 2003 10:05 am

Raptre scratched his head. "I guess you're right, Dia..." He walked over to the middle of the stable and did something the others might have found strange....

He started to warble like a bird. Many chocobos poked out there heads as Raptre spoke. He motioned with his hands as though he speaking common to anyone else but he sounded like a bird.

He finished and a chocobo began to speak back. Raptre nodded thoughtfully and responded. "Okay, I'll take Daffodil, here. She says she's never been as far as Middith and would like to go."

Just then a roly poly man with wild blonde hair walked out from the back, carrying a bucket of feed. He even looked like a chocobo. "What in the world...." He put down the bucket and scratched his head. "Sounds like a chocobo symphony in here."

Raptre bowed. "Sorry about that. I was talking to Daffodil here. My friends and I would like to rent 6 chocobos. Do these chocobos know return?"

The man nodded. "Sure do. And 6 chocobos. Your in luck, rent 5 chocobos get one free. So that'll be a total of 500 gil."

Raptre fiddled around in his money pouch and pulled out and eagle. "I've got my fee."

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Thu Apr 10, 2003 10:26 am

<span style="font-family:times new roman; color:blue;">"... uh... jus' one sec, here..."

Daenj'r shoved his hands into his pockets, searching for change. He fished out a quarren, 3 gald, a couple of suds, and 5 little gil.

"Dang coins. Can't they make 'is money outta somethin' lighter?"</span>

pd Rydia

kweh!

Unread postby pd Rydia » Thu Apr 10, 2003 9:48 pm

<div align=justify><font color=teal>Dia turned to the stablehand, and bowed, flashing a smile as she bobbed back up. "Hello, pleased to meet you. I'm the owner of the Jade Dragon Inn...is it possible for you to bill me there, so I can handle the fee with my other expenses?"

Goddess, I hate this...</font></div>

Edited by: pd Rydia&nbsp; Image at: 4/10/03 9:51:59 pm

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Thu Apr 10, 2003 10:04 pm

"Mhhh... I doubt I can pay my share. " Ethra sighed. Hmm..she wouldn't be able to cover it... though she might be able to... naah. "Hey umm instead of renting a separate one for me, could I ride with someone? I'm pretty small... just to cut the costs?"

Edited by: Dark Xia at: 4/11/03 3:43:11 pm

Nekogami

Re: kweh!

Unread postby Nekogami » Thu Apr 10, 2003 11:20 pm

The man looked Dia over and nodded. "I'll need you to sign my ledger though." He wobbled his way over to a desk towards the front of the stable, mostly organized, and grabbed a ledger and quill. "Put your name business and address."

Raptre looked at Ethra. "You can ride with me if you like."

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Fri Apr 11, 2003 12:36 am

<div align=justify><font color=teal>Dia strode over and signed the ledger, writing down the details of the Jade Dragon as well. "I'll also be paying for his..." she indicated Richard with the quill, "chocobo as well, through the same manner. As well as anyone without the money for a chocobo, if they wish for their own..." She glanced at Ethra. "Thank you, sir, for allowing this arrangement."</font></div>

Deeum

Wark, dambit! >:|

Unread postby Deeum » Fri Apr 11, 2003 7:18 am

"I will pay for mine, as I mentioned before" Deeum assured whilist reaching into the depths of her cape for payment then tossing it to the chocobo rancher (i assume thats what he is :P)

Nakibe

Unread postby Nakibe » Fri Apr 11, 2003 9:06 am

Richard leaned forwards, deciding to ask Dia something that'd just come to mind. "So... how long ya think this crazy sideshow of ours'll take gettin 'cross the country?"

pd Rydia

Re: Wark, dambit! >:|

Unread postby pd Rydia » Fri Apr 11, 2003 10:22 am

<div align=justify><font color=teal>The mercenary shot a quick, critical look around the group. Daenj'r, Raptre, Deeum, Ethra...

"Shouldn't be more than a week," she responded appraisingly, sounding a bit more like her former merc self and a bit less like the harried innkeep. "Rap and Dee are knights, Dae's been on a merc...well a pseudo-merc...mission with me before...they all know how to keep moving." She faltered for a bit. "Don't know about Eth...but Will has faith in her." Worst comes to worst we could dump her along the way... Dia frowned as she felt a faint pang of guilt. That probably won't be necessary...

"If we travel by chocobo straight through Riva...shouldn't be but...half a week, up to 5 days. If we keep a steady pace anyway. Going around would probably take a week...week and a half... Either way, won't take a whole day to reach Middith..." Which gave the party not quite a whole day to decide which way to go...</font></div>

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Fri Apr 11, 2003 3:47 pm

"Eh I should be abel to keep up, faster we're done with this faster we're home. And I've started something... don't like to not finish what I start.... being left hanging sucks ^_^" Ethra peered around at the stables "So I get to choose anyone of them? Oh ad I'll pay ya back eventually Dia... somehow."

Maybe I could volunteer to take care of that Robert kid for a while? He seems nice with a cool imagination! I know I could pretend to be evil and he could fight those shadows of mine.... eh well have to get this done with first.

Nekogami

Re: Wark, dambit! >:|

Unread postby Nekogami » Mon Apr 14, 2003 12:50 am

The chocobo farmer nodded to Ethra. "Any one you want, lass."

Raptre petted Daffodil's neck. "I'm going to the gate. It's stuffy in here and I want to talk to Daffodil. When you guys are all ready, we can get this 'show'," he said smiling pointedly to Richard. "On the road."

Raptre cooed and chirped softly to Daffodil as he walked with her outside.

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Mon Apr 14, 2003 10:00 pm

"Yay ^_____^ !" Ethra soon dashed around the stables looking for the peeeeeerfect chocobo, and her eyes feel upon one with cute green feathers. Huggling it around the neck almost instaneously she pressed her wings against its feathers and relished in its warmth.

PreviousNext

Return to Gaera Main RPs