Marana's Market (Argovia CIRP; freestyle, open to all!)

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
pd Rydia

Re: Marana's Market (Argovia CIRP; freestyle, open to all!)

Unread postby pd Rydia » Fri Jun 06, 2003 1:32 pm

"120 yuro for dat fine battle axe," the merchant replied briskly. He sounded rather cheerier than before...money had a habit of doing that.

Folx Numeroso

Unread postby Folx Numeroso » Sun Jun 08, 2003 9:15 pm

A man with brown skin wearing black pants and no shirt walked past the stand with the boys and Blue around it. He had no hair. He a harpoon strapped to his back and wore a rolled up fishing net around his waist like a belt, and he carried a sack over his shoulder with the overwhelming aroma of fresh fish rising from it.

He stopped, without regard for the current conversation, and said in a loud, burly voice, "You boys still at it? Is today the day you'll finally sell something? You know, like yesterday and the day before that? Hahaha!"

Edited by: Folx Numeroso at: 6/8/03 9:24 pm

Darkphoenixfri13

Unread postby Darkphoenixfri13 » Mon Jun 09, 2003 12:51 am

Charlie was sleeping, unaware that he was very late. He finally rolled over slowly and fell out. "Ouch!" He took a look outside and said, " Wow! I am late! Well, that will just teach me not to oversleep and gives some other fellow a chance to get some sales!" Charlie changed into his clothes and was jumping out the door on one foot while putting on his shoe.

Charlie started to set up shop. "damn I really should not have stayed up late counting money!" When he finished he started to yell, " Jewelry, precious jewelry. make your friend, lover, or parent happy!!. Gold, silver, jade, I've got it all!!"

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Mon Jun 09, 2003 1:23 am

Blue sighed and shook his head. The youth will be the youth, he decided. He shrugged and began looking around the bazaar for something to feed Kurse.

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Mon Jun 09, 2003 1:27 am

With a bit of searching, Blue scrounged up a shop --yes, the rare, actual shop-- that seemed to deal in food and spices. A heavyset drow bustled behind the counter, arranging shelves and stocking items with energy.

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Mon Jun 09, 2003 1:38 am

Blue wandered in. "'Ey, my mon. Good day, ah? Sun's not to hot." He picked up a bottle of spice and examined it idly. Kurse's nose was constantly going as he took it upon himself to sniff everything within his reach.

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Mon Jun 09, 2003 1:46 am

"'Ey, mon. Dat it is, beautiful weather, beautiful weather. Nice breeze, perfect for tourists...and for business..." the merchant winked at Blue and nodded at the bottle in his hand, "You be lookin' for spices, ah? Dat's some nice cinnamon, it is. Only 2 yuro!"

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Mon Jun 09, 2003 1:53 am

Blue practically jumped out of his skin. "ONLY 2 YURO!? Ey' mon, I you've made a sale!" Blue grinned and plucked out a few more bottles. "I run one-nuvdem merchant airships. Gotta buy in bulk. Got anything hot an' spicy?"

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Mon Jun 09, 2003 1:58 am

The merchant's grin grew even wider as he nodded happily. "Dat I do! Check a bit further down dat isle, there's someding nice an' 'ot in a red jar...noding 'otter dan narani chili pepper, I always say. It'll burn da roof of ya mouth right off if ya not careful!"

Choark

Unread postby Choark » Mon Jun 09, 2003 6:51 am

Monkey went up to the man with a weird sulky face on him "Hey old geezer that ain't fair! Just cause most of the time everyone thinks our products are a little weird. But!" And with that his face lit up a mile.

"We Sold something! Hurrah and Hurrah" The boy cheered. Then he eye'd the harpoon and fishing gear.

"Oy Old Man! You know fishing is a dangerous thing to do right? Espically with all those sea shells and little things that get into your skin and fester and grow and take over ya feet? We've all heard the tales of fishermen losing there legs and arms or just dropping down dead cause of all the things that happen, right?"

Monkey didn't mis a beat, and didn't give the man a chance to answer.

"Well today is your lucky day! We have a special Penis of a Chocobo wrapped in stingy nettles, dipped in vinigar and with a magic symbol that wards off things like Seed Weed infection, Crab Egg being laid in your feet and many other sea hazards."

Perhaps he could make this day the day he made a second sale?

LostDreamer

Unread postby LostDreamer » Mon Jun 09, 2003 12:13 pm

A girl slowly meanders through the market place scene, taking in all the sights and sounds. She had been cooped up in the woods, traveling alone for the past month, and decided she needed new supplies and to reintroduce herself to living beings once more."Better get use to being around people now so I won't be such a grouch later..."
The little skirmish with the young drows and the man with blue markings was done and over with...
Her midnight blue eyes were cast to a weapons booth where the vender was selling two nice weapons to a couple of kids... She'd have to go there in a minuet.
She pondered over how children can have so much money to buy weapons at that age, but left it alone...
The jewelry shop vender caught her eye and she decided to socialize for a bit and see if something could be made.
With a rustle of her dark green cloak and the click of her boots she walked over to the man. Putting a smile on her face she introduced herself...
"Hi I'm Charon I was wondering if you could help me with something?" Image

Folx Numeroso

Unread postby Folx Numeroso » Mon Jun 09, 2003 2:56 pm

"You actually sold something?" The man was shocked, almost forgetting that Monkey had said something after that. "Ah well. Someone probably felt sorry and finally bought something," he muttered to himself.

He soon realized that Monkey was now trying to sell him something. Someone actually bought something from these guys... maybe they've actually got something worth buying... "Um... well... I don't have any problems with that... but, hey... do you have anything that's not cut from between an animal's legs?"

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Mon Jun 09, 2003 4:39 pm

Amstab handed over another 100 yuro coin and found what he thought must be a 20 yuro coin and gave that to the merchant too. Whether it actually was became a moot point after it had left his hand.

'Come on, Tinker! Let's look around a bit more before we leave town.'

'Okay, Stab.' Tinker hefted the axe - she was surprisingly strong for her size, and followed Stab back into the hustle and bustle of the crowd.

Choark

Unread postby Choark » Mon Jun 09, 2003 5:20 pm

Monkey was about to blurt something out when Promise grabbed him mouth and stepped in front.

"My my, well you see the magic to fend of sea creatures steaams not just from the spell from the caster but also by the creature it was from. Chocobo's are very well known for being able to run over all types of land and this adds ... potenacy to its spell." Promise did a small bow of apology.

"I'm afraid that the only other item we own to fend off such problems is the A Rotten Sea Crabs shell. Though this may sound promising, the rot has been aged quite a fair bit and smells quite quite awful. In fact we keep it in a box to make sure we don't go against the very basic of street cleanness regulations."

Promise picked up the Chocobo's Penis ward and showed it to the man.

"But as you can see this comes in a very decorative pouch and although it doesn't do much good for the shape it could one day very well a fashion assorary of the new age, yes?"

" More like the newest Sex Toy for Animal Fetishes. " Dark mumbled to himself, coming back to the cart and feeling proud of himself for scaring off Blue.

Folx Numeroso

Unread postby Folx Numeroso » Mon Jun 09, 2003 5:41 pm

"...I don't think I'll take it," he said. "Even if it does get popular 'round these or other parts, it doesn't suit my style."

He picked up his sack."I'd look around some more, but I've gotta get these to my client. Name's Jelt, by the way. If you ever decide to get into the fish business, I'm the best freelance supplier around." Before a word could be spoken, he walked away to find the person who had hired him...

Darkphoenixfri13

Unread postby Darkphoenixfri13 » Mon Jun 09, 2003 8:45 pm

"Hi, My name is Charlie. What can I help you with? Would you like a silver bracelet? Or maybe a gold one? Maybe our special of the day which is our ruby heart necklace." Charlie reached into a drawer. " see? a large and beautiful ruby with a silver chain. beautiful isn't it?"

LostDreamer

Unread postby LostDreamer » Tue Jun 10, 2003 9:43 am

"Oh yes that is very lovely... ummm how much? Also do you think you could put this little stone in some sort of clasp on a necklace chine for me?"
She pulls out a little stone of white material with specks of electric colors shining through here and there...
"I stumbled across this in my here and was wondering what to do with it." Charon says with an inquisitive smile.

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=lostdreamer@rpgww60462>LostDreamer</A] at: 6/10/03 9:45 am

Darkphoenixfri13

Unread postby Darkphoenixfri13 » Tue Jun 10, 2003 11:32 pm

"Only 150 yuro for this! My, my, my. That is a beautiful stone indeed! I can put that on a chain for you! only 50 yuro. What kind of material would you like for the chain, and would you like me to add anything else?"

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=darkphoenixfri13>Darkphoenixfri13</A]&nbsp; Image at: 6/10/03 11:33 pm

LostDreamer

Unread postby LostDreamer » Wed Jun 11, 2003 3:26 pm

"No, I think I just want this on a chain, thank you. I'll take both, so that would be 200 yuro right?"
She reaches in to her pack and scrounges around a bit then pulls out her coin purse and hand Charlie the money.
"Ummm... I guess anything you think would look the best. I trust you. If this is going to take a little bit I will come back and pick it up in a few minuets, I have some more shopping to do."

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=lostdreamer@rpgww60462>LostDreamer</A] at: 6/11/03 3:30 pm

Darkphoenixfri13

Unread postby Darkphoenixfri13 » Sat Jun 14, 2003 3:25 am

Charlie took the money and put it away. " Yes it will be done in a while. So come back when you want. Would you like to wear the necklace now? Or would you want me to put it in a bag or something?"

NamagomiMk0

Unread postby NamagomiMk0 » Sat Jun 14, 2003 7:24 pm

And, well, Kamos does just that. Warily placing the cube on one of its pictured sides, he then jumps away, unsure of what he may have brought into existence...

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Sat Jun 14, 2003 8:04 pm

And the box...begins to emit music. A calming melody drifts to Kamos's ears, pleasing and soothing to hear.

The merchant grinned broadly. "Each of the five sides plays something different...swell, ah?"

LostDreamer

Unread postby LostDreamer » Wed Jun 18, 2003 5:11 pm

"It would be nice to have it now"

She takes the newly purchased necklace and places it around her neck.

"I'll be back in a little bit... thanks so much."

She walks off looking at the different tables in stands wondering what to buy next.

RPGmaster4444

Unread postby RPGmaster4444 » Thu Jul 24, 2003 3:57 pm

Hi Im new. I was wondering. Can i join. if so? Where are we. thx.Image

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Thu Jul 24, 2003 4:06 pm

(First off, out of character comments go into parenthesis. Secondly, this RP is dead, no one's posted to it in over a month. Thirdly, the setting is described fully in the very first post.)

Previous

Return to Gaera Main RPs