Collector's Item (Freestyle serious rp - ask before joining)

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
Blaze Yamato Spirit

Re: Another instance of party banter. How I love it.

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Sun Jun 23, 2002 4:59 pm

'Asleep?' Blaze sounded amused.

'Noone else appeared to think a sentry was necessary. But guarding the Queen is my job. I haven't ha da wink of sleep tonight.'

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Sun Jun 23, 2002 5:02 pm

Kilra took a step back, finding it ungodly that someone would forgo sleep.

"Eeeh?! And you expect to travel all day? Go get some sleep, and I'll watch over the group."

IM: "His dedication is admirable... he the welfare of others above himself."

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Sun Jun 23, 2002 5:07 pm

Blaze smiled at the drow, obviously grateful for the offer.

'Thanks', he said, patting her companiably on the shoulder as he made his way back to the others and lay down on the ground, asleep before he touched the earth...

Jak Snide

...and the end of the filler.

Unread postby Jak Snide » Sun Jun 23, 2002 6:23 pm

Kilra smiled, happy at the little bit of good that she had done, then set off on her patrol. Of course, she had no patrol route set out, but that mattered little to her at this point.

RebelKitsune

...nope, it continues.

Unread postby RebelKitsune » Tue Jun 25, 2002 4:56 pm

When Janice sensed that the coast was clear, and that both Kilra and the guard where distracted enough, she opened an eye, and slunk away silently. All her appearance of being asleep was just an act. How could she sleep at a time like this? Her friend was in need of help, yet she was helpless.

She sped through the bushes, and kept on running until she reached the end of the forest. She jumped oonto a large pile of boulders, looked around herself carefully, and then at the moon. She shut her eyes, folded down her ears, and let out a long and sorrowful howl, audible for miles in that perfect silence. She wondered whether she was to ever meet her dear little friend again, and if she was going to be able to reunite the sisters back together.

She jumped down, and slowly walked away from the rock, not an ounce of happiness showing through her physical attributes. Her shiny black fur formed a silhouette around her in the moonlight, showing that her head was hung low, ears pressed down on her head, and her tail was held between her legs. She was desperate for answers, and now would do just about anything to get Ayra back to safety. she slowly slid back to the group, for she did not want to seem as though she was running away.

Jak Snide

*Bumps* SS, post, damnit! Even if you are at a camp! XP

Unread postby Jak Snide » Thu Jun 27, 2002 10:52 am

Kilra, alerted to Janice's awoken state by her howl, watched her from the cover of darkness. While she was no expert on animal behavior, she could tell that the were creature was saddened. She placed one foot forward, thinking of trying to help her with he woe, then thought better of it, and went back to her directionless patrol.

Justice Augustus
Administrator

Sorry...

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Thu Jun 27, 2002 12:31 pm

(OOC - Sorry, had an essay to do yesterday, but gimme a bit to write the next plot bit and then we're away again.)

RebelKitsune

Ah, its ok, i can't do much anyway.

Unread postby RebelKitsune » Thu Jun 27, 2002 3:48 pm

(OOC: exams and all... well be done by next tuesday,then ill be free!)

Janice opened an eye. She groaned, since she couldn't get a wink of sleep, even though she was exhausted, not while Ayra was unsafe. She got up and stretched, and trotted over to Kilra, changing into Garoujin form again. She whispered to Kilra from behind a nearby tree, in order not to startle her.

"Kilra... Kilra! You mind talking for a while...? I just can't sleep."

Jak Snide

Essays? On holiday!?

Unread postby Jak Snide » Thu Jun 27, 2002 4:01 pm

Kilra had heard Janice coming, the pointy ears attached to her head serving a good purpose.

IM: "Cant sleep? She is..."

"Worried about Ayra, aren't you?"

Blaze Yamato Spirit

I have nothing to post in any of my RPs so....

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Thu Jun 27, 2002 4:38 pm

(OOC: ...you all get the joy of an inane post!)

Blaze grunted, a twig on the ground underneath him disturbing his sleep. After a few moment's discomfort and fidgeting, he finally rolled off of the twig and lay still.

RebelKitsune

well at least i got something to keep me busy.

Unread postby RebelKitsune » Fri Jun 28, 2002 3:07 pm

Janice sighed, with an intensely sad look on her face. "Yeah... I can't sleep while she's out there, alone, and in danger... I feel like I'm to blame, though i wasn't even with her when it happened." Her ears pressed down towards her head. "Ohhhh... I wish i could do something!!!" Her tail wagged spastically, she was evidently anxious to get moving again.

After a while, her tail stopped, and her head moved as though she had a hiccup. Her face was hidden. Soon after Kilra could hear short, quick inward breaths that surely indicated crying. She hid her face, her ears still pressed tightly on the top of her head.

Justice Augustus
Administrator

Re: well at least i got something to keep me busy.

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Sat Jun 29, 2002 10:29 am

(In computing class at the mo, but no soccer this afternoon so I'll post plot then)

RebelKitsune

Re: well at least i got something to keep me busy.

Unread postby RebelKitsune » Sat Jun 29, 2002 11:38 am

(That's great, SS, but what about what's happening at the moment? o.o It goes without my saying that if that's the only time you can post, do it, though i'd prefer to finish this off... unless, of course, something happens whilst Janice and Kilra are talking...)

Jak Snide

Erk...

Unread postby Jak Snide » Sat Jun 29, 2002 1:02 pm

Kilra stood in silence as Janice wept. She'd never seen a grown adult of an species cry; back home such a display would have earned a good century of mocking, if not punishment or disposal by the matron mothers.

Which meant she had no idea of how to deal with this.

"Hey, don't worry..." she began, her words slow and ponderous, her drowish accent becoming stronger as she concentrated less on sounding like a surfacer.

"I mean, it's all of use against a single wizard and a gunman. We can't loose, right?"

Her words were more certain, her cavalier attitude and knowledge that "good always triumphs" convincing her, if not Janice as well.

RebelKitsune

*sobs*

Unread postby RebelKitsune » Sun Jun 30, 2002 5:37 am

(OOC: ey, Jak, just so you know, Janice is only 15 years old, meaning that she's no adult ^^;; )

Janice tried to compose herself, but found it to be quite a tremendous effort. She started to speak, in between sobs and sniffles, "I... I guess so... But what if we don't make it...? I mean, with that guy's guns... and his master's magic, I surely can't do anything..." Her frown went down further at this thought, and tears flowed down her furry cheeks.

"I just... feel so helpless sometimes... Especially when it comes to helping... my friends..." Janice was completely disheartened at this point, as Kilra could probably tell by now.

Jak Snide

Woo! I've posted to all my RPs today! ^_^

Unread postby Jak Snide » Mon Jul 01, 2002 9:44 am

"Hey! There's eight of us, and 2 of them! They don't have a hope in hell of winning against all of us!"

She flashed a smile, trying to instill come confidence in Janice.

"And besides, you're not useless. You did a fine job with the bandit a short while back, remember?"

She wasn't going to mention how Janice also made a head on dash for the huntsman, and resultantly got shot. Explaining the stupidity of that action wasn't going to help make the girl feel better.

Justice Augustus
Administrator

Re: Woo! I've posted to all my RPs today! ^_^

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Mon Jul 01, 2002 12:14 pm

The elf stood on the roof of his fortress once more as a figure floated towards him on the breeze. He smiled as he lowered a visor over his eyes that he had prepared for such a visit. "Sethulka, it's been too long."
The visitor, a winged female with long, green hair that seemed to move on its own landed, and nodded in reply.
"I have a job for you, the rewards are victims and gold, the target is a group of heroes, I'm sure you and your girls can handle it."
"Ddddid you evvver douubbbt me befffore?" she asked, her voice lisping and elongating words into hisses.
"No, take this," he handed her a ring "the gem shall shine in the direction of your target. There are eight of them, kill them all."
The winged medusa smiled in reply, and sped off back to her coven.

RebelKitsune

Re: Woo! I've posted to all my RPs today! ^_^

Unread postby RebelKitsune » Wed Jul 03, 2002 7:31 am

Janice sniffed. "Good job? I got shot before we even started! But i guess we do have the upperhand in numbers..." She wiped a tear out of her eye, and dried the fur below it. "Somehow I still can't stop the feeling that something bad's gonna happen... Call it a hunch, but I'm not taking any chances... I'm gonna stay here with you."

Justice Augustus
Administrator

Meanwhile...

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Thu Jul 04, 2002 9:45 am

"Uhn...my head..." Ayra stirred in her cells, trying to get her vision to clear. (OOC - Time to let DC take over) From across the room she heard a snigger "So you're finally awake, girl."

Jak Snide

Crazy gal, she is!

Unread postby Jak Snide » Thu Jul 04, 2002 10:01 am

The notion of an ambush, or being attacked by a rampaging monster sent tingles down Kilra's spine. Her taste of "adventure" so far had been fending off a few bandits, and getting shot in the gut by a careless rogue. A real fight would be a grand thing in her mind.

However, if this was the case, she wouldn't want to be alone.

"Yeah...that's a good idea." she said, distracted by scanning her surroundings for the imminent battle that she hoped for.

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Re: Crazy gal, she is!

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Sun Jul 07, 2002 4:39 pm

(Jak, Jean, would you mind if we brought on morning now? Unless SS wants the medusas to attack in the wee twilight hours, that is.)

LadyDragonClawsEDW

Unread postby LadyDragonClawsEDW » Sun Jul 07, 2002 5:11 pm

Ayra groaned, "What...where...where am I...." she sat up, taking a look around. "Eeek! Oneeane?! Oneeane?! Where am I???" she shrunk away, curling into a ball, sniffling.

"Oneeeeaaaaane...."

Meanwhile...Aya and Ara slept, the occasional random phrase muttered from their lips.

RebelKitsune

Unread postby RebelKitsune » Mon Jul 08, 2002 5:17 am

(I think that's what SS has in mind, Blaze... let's just see what he has to say when he posts...)

Janice shivered slightly, the cold was starting to affect her, strangely enough. she made her fur grow longer, and the discomfort soon faded. She turned to Kilra. "Kilra? Do you live with anyone? or do you live alone?" She didn't ask this for any reason, she just liked to think a lot, and somehow she ended up on that topic.

Jak Snide

<.< Erk.

Unread postby Jak Snide » Mon Jul 08, 2002 12:06 pm

Kilra shifted uncomfortably from one foot to the other. The question got her thinking of her home, which wasn't a topic she liked to think about.

"Can't say I live anywhere actually." she replied, covering up her discomfort quickly. "Don't have a place to call my home. And besides, it's best not to be chained down in one place, is it? Anyway, how about you?"

Kilra threw the question right back at Janice, her casual tone covering up her conscious decision to switch the discussion away from herself.

Justice Augustus
Administrator

The plot thickens...

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Tue Jul 09, 2002 4:39 pm

"Aww...quit yer sniveling, baby. It ain't gonna do ya no good." Ayra looked up at her surroundings. On three sides were gray walls, one with a metal door in it, but on the fourth there was a wall of glass, on the other side of which was a similar occupant. Leaning back on his elbows on the bed sat a boy, about the same size of Ayra. The cell was dark, so Ayra couldn't pick out any of his features, but his voice was rough and crude, full of slang. "What's yer name?"

<CENTER>***</CENTER>

Maskovar sat up, stretched his arms once, and sprang to his feet. He turned to the light beginning to peek over the horizon, and knelt in prayer to the new day that nature had brought him.

RebelKitsune

6.6 hm...

Unread postby RebelKitsune » Tue Jul 09, 2002 5:02 pm

Janice thought of Kilra's as a good enough answer, she thought carefully about her own. When she came to think about it, Janice couldn't remember when the last time was when she slept with her real family. She sighed, because she missed them dearly, but, at the same time, she would never dare go back, for they would consider her a disgrace, seeing as she was born male...

Janice replied; "I sorta live in an inn... i share the price with my best friend, Rainbow Fright..." I haven't been there for about a week..." o_O; "... I've been living out in the wild..." Janice gulped at this thought, because she was still unfamiliar with the changes that her body was going through. (to clear up what i mean by this, some of you may recall Janice turning into a fey. the description of how is right EzCode Parsing Error: www.angelfire.com/anime4/...sfate.html]here.[)

Jak Snide

o.o

Unread postby Jak Snide » Tue Jul 09, 2002 5:20 pm

"Isn't she worried about you?" inquired Kilra with genuine curiosity, her deceptive tactics being put aside for the moment. "What if she thinks you're dead, or captured?"

LadyDragonClawsEDW

Re: o.o

Unread postby LadyDragonClawsEDW » Tue Jul 09, 2002 5:58 pm

"A-ayra..." she sniffled, "An' don't call me a baby! That's mean...and I wanna go home!" she pouted angrily, raking her claws accross the glass.

(Is everyone getting up now or something?)

Justice Augustus
Administrator

Hmm...

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Wed Jul 10, 2002 10:42 am

"Babies cry, and yer crying, therefore yer a baby. Simple." The boy seemed to shrug her off, but his voice had stuttered, he seemed a little worried. "What did ya say yer name was again?" he asked, getting off his cot and walking towards her.

LadyDragonClawsEDW

Re: Hmm...

Unread postby LadyDragonClawsEDW » Wed Jul 10, 2002 1:03 pm

"Ayra" She snorted, turning away from the person, "An' I can cry if I want to, older people cry too ya know..." her tail gave an angry twitch, much like her older sisters when they get mad.

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Wed Jul 10, 2002 2:33 pm

(Ayra and this kid remind me somewhat of Christabel and Cho Cho from Tad Williams' Otherland series...)

Blaze grunted, and his eyes shot open, blinking in the new morning's light.

'Aargh...my back...'

He sat up slowly, rubbing his spine.

'I've gone soft', he realised. All those days in the castle had begun to undo the things that sleeping in the wilderness for years had taught him.

Good job I'm getting out...

Justice Augustus
Administrator

Okay, who saw this coming?

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Sun Jul 14, 2002 4:28 pm

The boy entered the light cast by the bulb on his side of the glass, and Ayra gasped in disbelief. Was this a mirror? It was her! THere were a few slight differences, a scar running from the boys right ear to his lip seemed like an old war wound, and the eyes seemed older somehow. The clothes were different too, for he had nothing but rags and a leather shirt on. He spoke again: "But that's my name..."

<ALIGN=center>***</ALIGN>

Maskovar stood and looked at the sleeping forms of Aya, Ara, Kraken, and the others who hadn't woken yet. "We will let them sleep, we have a long journey ahead of us today, and the next day, and every day after that until we reach the fortress of the villain who has caused all of this pain."

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Re: Okay, who saw this coming?

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Sun Jul 14, 2002 5:10 pm

'All the more reason to leave now, then. Damnit man, the lives of two children are in jeopardy and you want us to sleep the day away?'

Blaze had been up on his feet for some time now, pacing back and forth. He kept shooting glances at the horses, as if he might suddenly bolt and make the journey alone.

RebelKitsune

I guess...

Unread postby RebelKitsune » Mon Jul 15, 2002 4:14 am

Janice sighed. "You're right... If I get through this I'm going straight back to that inn, to see her again. I doubt she'll be too worried... I mean, she knows that I know how to take care of myself, Though she is my friend, and she probably would be quite worried." Her ears picked up some voices coming from the resting area of the group.

"I can hear voices coming from where we were resting. We should go check it out." >.>

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Re: I guess...

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Mon Jul 15, 2002 11:38 am

After shooting another glance at the picketed horses, Blaze growled in irritation, pulling his pistol from it's holster and rapping it repeatedly on his thigh. He would not be happy until he was moving...

Jak Snide

Didn't see that, or *that* coming.

Unread postby Jak Snide » Mon Jul 15, 2002 12:42 pm

Kilra, nodding to Janice, walked back to the camp, only to see Blaze mount his horse, ready to dash off into the distance.

e.e "Ushdui rivvil... natha mzulst uk uriu l'ditronw ul'hyrr." she muttered, mounting her own steed and moving next to him, ready to head out.

Edited by: Jak Snide&nbsp; Image at: 7/15/02 7:11:36 pm

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Re: Didn't see that, or *that* coming.

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Mon Jul 15, 2002 2:54 pm

(OOC: .........wha.....? I advise you to read my last post a bit more carefully, Jak. o.o Of course, if the others don't move soon it'll happen anyway, so we can go with you if you really want. XD)

Justice Augustus
Administrator

Hmm...

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Mon Jul 15, 2002 5:39 pm

Maskovar turned to Blaze. "Calm thineself, rushing will only result in us being unprepared. We have a seven day ride ahead of us, even with eight hours of rest a day that will still give us three days before the next half-moon, when the sacrifice will be preformed. Let them sleep a half-hour more, then we shall move. I shall see what the lady will provide us with to break the fast of the night this fine morn." Maskovar turned and walked deeper into the trees.

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Tue Jul 16, 2002 11:51 am

'Whatever....' Blaze was frustrated. He needed to do something...anything. 'And learn to speak properly while you're at it, okay?

Jak Snide

¬.¬ *suspicious*

Unread postby Jak Snide » Tue Jul 16, 2002 12:54 pm

Kilra looked between Maskovar and Blaze. On the one hand, she would enjoy a little more rest. On the other, why late to the last moment? While the idea of battle her way up a staircase against oncoming minions to reach the manically laughing mage at the top, time counting down, appealed to her heroic compulsions, she couldn't ignore the fact that there was a life, no two, at stake. And if the druid was a servant of good, why was he delaying? And he did speak funny.

She rode over to Blaze, leaning close to him and whispering.

"Say, you think he's really on our side? Maybe he's trying to delay us?"

PreviousNext

Return to Gaera Main RPs