Collector's Item (Freestyle serious rp - ask before joining)

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
RebelKitsune

>.> now what?

Unread postby RebelKitsune » Sun Jun 02, 2002 6:56 am

(Uh... hello? Has this been put on hold or something that i missed?)

Justice Augustus
Administrator

Re: >.> now what?

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Sun Jun 02, 2002 7:56 am

(OOC - Sorry, rowing regatta after an afternoon of physics exams kept me from the internet for the past few days.)

Following the trail of the Huntsman the group finds itself entering a series of small hills, none bigger than 15 feet, yet none smaller than 9. The valleys between these hills made for a cunning maze, easily solved by climbing one of the hills, each of which had a very gentle gradient. However the groups attention was not focused upon the hills, but on the occupant of the range, a single dwarf wearing a dark green cloak that seemed to shimer, almost blend itself into the background. The object in the dwarf's hands was obviously a rifle, but if the group had been closer they could have spotted that it seemed better made than the common kind. the dwarf saw the troup of heros approach, and without a greating, a warning, or a query, he raised the rifle to his shoulder and took aim upon the lead member of the group, Janice, who was leading the others on the Huntsman's trail with her powerful olefactory senses. Had they been close enough to see his eyes widen in recognition the rest would have know for certain that these two had clashed before, and the hills echoed with the sound of the gunfire, as the bullet sped true towards the shape-changer.

RebelKitsune

>_O *whimper*

Unread postby RebelKitsune » Sun Jun 02, 2002 8:53 am

Janice hardly had any time to react to the gunshot, the bullet digging deep into her right arm, the same side that had the three scars on her torso. She yelped, fell, and tumbled on the ground, before she came to a halt, lying limp amongst the grass.

One with an unnoticing eye would think the wolf was already dead, the green growth quickly turning scarlet underneath her fur, though closer observation might have seen that her eyes were slightly open, and that she was still breathing.

Jak Snide

O_O"

Unread postby Jak Snide » Sun Jun 02, 2002 1:15 pm

Kilras shock was comparable to that of her mount, who reared up, pitching her off and onto the ground.

"Vel'bol uri'shoelt!" she exclaimed, swords instinctively in her hands, still trying to figure out what happened.

KraKeN

Re: O_O"

Unread postby KraKeN » Sun Jun 02, 2002 1:39 pm

Kraken swung off his horse and holding its reins used it as a shield whilst he searched for some less expensive cover.

Justice Augustus
Administrator

Finally I can introduce your "guide"

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Sun Jun 02, 2002 4:34 pm

Gunfire? There was no mistaking that, it was an explosive of some sort, gunpowder probably. Not too far to the east from here. There aren't that many firearm users in this part of the country, and the signs are pointing east. I think it is his lackey, the one known as the Huntsman. He is the link I need, I must be swift!

(Edit - this was supposed to be in italics, but I put {/i} at the beginning, instead of {i})

Edited by: Suicidal Sprite at: 6/3/02 1:31:02 pm

LadyDragonClawsEDW

Re: Finally I can introduce your "guide"

Unread postby LadyDragonClawsEDW » Sun Jun 02, 2002 4:55 pm

"Crap! Janice!" Aya jumped from her horse, kneeling beside her fallen friend, "Damnit...I hate gunshots..." she tried casting a quick recovery spell on the wound.

Ara wasted no time, she was already off the horse, floating about a foot off the ground, speeding at the dwarf. "You bastard! How dare you!! HOW DARE YOU!" she snarled, sliding the massive dragon king sword out of it's sheath as she flew at the Hunter.

Jak Snide

O_o"

Unread postby Jak Snide » Mon Jun 03, 2002 8:26 am

Kilra watched in sheer disbelief as Ara charged straight towards the Huntsman. Charging straight into gunfire? Was she mad?!

Kilra scooted after her, but unlike the silly lizard, made some effort to stay out of sight on the sniper above.

RebelKitsune

like... ow.

Unread postby RebelKitsune » Mon Jun 03, 2002 8:29 am

(OOC: hey SS, is all that speech? cos it seems as though it's someone talking but i dont see any inverted commas.)

Janice got to her feet shakily, the healing spell having some effect on the agonising wound. She fell, and tried a second time. She then turned to garoujin form, the pain wouldn't hinder her as much if her arm was injured, rather than a leg.

Janice spoke slowly. "Forget about me. Get that bastard before he can get away... It's Ayra we're concerned about, not me..." The pain from the scars on her sides throbbed, causing her to fall to her knees. She held herself up with her good arm. "I don't use this spell too often, but i guess it's about time i tried it..."

Janice started to chant carefully, her paws held up in front of her. She then pointed her palms in front of her, and two large wolves, identical to what she looked like previously, appeared on either side of Janice. She pointed towards the dwarf, and the wolves sped off, running after Ara, towards him.

Justice Augustus
Administrator

Everywhere I go, all I ever see, to hear is *BANG**BANG*

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Mon Jun 03, 2002 9:37 am

(OOC - the lyrics to a Doctor DRE song entitled "BANG BANG")

The Huntsman was definately a pro, for no sooner had the bullet left the barrel of the rifle than he had already emptied the chamber of it's shell, and loaded the next one and taken aim, this time at Ara, speeding towards him. Like sheep to the slaughter... The shot flew unerringly towards the expert warrior, and the Huntsman again reloaded, seeing that the two summoned wolves needed to be dealt with quickly, for his strength lay in non-melee combat, and he would be taken apart in hand-to-hand.

Jak Snide

<_< Vith...

Unread postby Jak Snide » Mon Jun 03, 2002 9:51 am

Kilra heard the crack of gunfire again, biting her lip as she kept her eyes on the Huntsman, trying to close in on him without being seen.

RebelKitsune

I'm getting impatient...

Unread postby RebelKitsune » Tue Jun 04, 2002 10:04 am

(OOC: <.< Someone get DC to post. please.)

LadyDragonClawsEDW

ME to post?

Unread postby LadyDragonClawsEDW » Tue Jun 04, 2002 1:12 pm

(OOC: I'm going to assume that the bullet actually hit...)

"ARGH!" The bullet managed to bury itself deep into her chest, Ara tumbling out of the sky, crashing to the ground, skidding along the grass. She lifted a hand weakly, placing a hand over the bleeding hole right in the center, gasping. "SIS! HELP!" she gurgled, shaking.

"Ara?! ARA!" glowing with a flash of golden light, Aya fizzled out of existance from next to Janice to beside her sister, "Ara! Oh god, no....Ara! Hang in there!" she began to throw multiple recovery spells at her sister, hoping that they would be enough.

"Bullet....the bullet needs to come out...." she winced.

"But I don't know how to get out a bullet! SOMEONE HELP!!" She screamed, beginning to panic.

RebelKitsune

o_o; *silence*

Unread postby RebelKitsune » Tue Jun 04, 2002 2:55 pm

The two wolves sped on, trying to get to the dwarf before he can do anything to them. With each bound they grew more bloodthirsty, showing a greater threat than previously intended.

Janice was growing more and more desperate.

She winced hard as she lay there on the ground, then came to her own conclusion. "I'VE HAD IT!" She yelled out loudly, as she forced herself up from the ground with her staff. Forgetting her annoyingly weakened state, she ran towards Ara. She could bare the pain, with a quick heal spell applied to the wounds, and since she could do fine with walking as a normal person would, nothing could really hold her back.

She winced as she saw the wound on Ara's Chest. She thought frantically at whatever she might be able to do, but she did not find any solution, besides the fact that she could pry it out with her staff. Checking how deep it was buried, she soon thought again about that suggestion. Then she had a flash of insight. Extending two claws from either paw, and causing them to grow longer with physical manipulation, she slowly reached in. "Brace yourself Ara... This is all I have." With great care, she reached in with both claws, and pressed onto either side of the bullet.

She lifted out the bullet and tossed it away. She looked at Aya. "heal her!" Jumping over Ara and standing up strongly in front of her, she acted as a human shield. She knew the hunter was cold blooded enough to try to pick them off while they were vulnerable, but then she remembered the wolves. They were now not too far off, and Janice hoped dearly that they could make some sort of difference.

Jak Snide

Still sneaking...

Unread postby Jak Snide » Tue Jun 04, 2002 3:33 pm

Kilra cast another glance at the wounded Ara. She hoped that she was in safe hands, and continued to sneak towards the Huntsmans position.

(OOC: SS, you around?)

KraKeN

Re: Still sneaking...

Unread postby KraKeN » Tue Jun 04, 2002 3:52 pm

Kraken teathered his horse behind a low hill, a little way to the left of where everyone else was. He brought out his heavy crossbow again, and throughing up an illusion of grass around himself he started to edge towards the lip of the hill.

When his head was just over the lip of the hill he brought his crossbow to bare on the dwarf, fired, rolled back down the hill and ran to a new position.

Justice Augustus
Administrator

And back I come...

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Tue Jun 04, 2002 4:47 pm

Kraken's shot sailed far too wide of the mark, expected as he was a good distance away. Luckily it passed behind the huntsman so Kraken's position seemed secure. The huntsman had more important issues, such as stopping the two wolves from closing into melee. Aiming at the closest one he took a little extra time, lining his shot up, and squeezing the trigger off gently, ensuring a clean shot between the eyes. The wolf was sent into an involuntary backflip, landing on it's back. The gunfire caused the other wolf to flinch and stop, puzzeled by the echos, giving the Huntsman enough time to bring out his pistol, readily loaded, and let fly another shot, this time hitting the creature in the front leg so hard that movement became impossible due to waves of unbearable pain. The Huntsman nodded as his master telepathically told him that he only had to wait two more minutes until the spell would be ready.

Jak Snide

Urm...

Unread postby Jak Snide » Tue Jun 04, 2002 5:09 pm

(OOC: SS, can you give me some indication of when Kilra is as close as she can get to him without being spotted?)

Justice Augustus
Administrator

Sneakity...

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Wed Jun 05, 2002 6:01 am

Kilra moved as fast as she could while keeping her footsteps silent. She had sped into the network of interlinking valleys, and was trying to make her way around behind the Huntsman without bein spotted, the gunfire gave her hints as which way to turn, and she estimated that she was about one hill to the left of the dwarf.

RebelKitsune

>_< @#!%

Unread postby RebelKitsune » Wed Jun 05, 2002 7:44 am

Janice swore loudly. She looked over her shoulder at the two sisters. "Any progress? We're like sitting ducks out here."

KraKeN

Re: >_< @#!%

Unread postby KraKeN » Wed Jun 05, 2002 10:56 am

Kraken crawled back over the top of the hill still with a mirage of leaves, taking a bit longer to aim this time and compensating for the range he fired.

LadyDragonClawsEDW

Re: >_< @#!%

Unread postby LadyDragonClawsEDW » Wed Jun 05, 2002 11:22 am

"I...I dunno..I think..." Aya watched her sister, holding one of her hands, shaking.

"AHHHHH!!! ALUSA T'MAZOKU!" Ara screamed out suddenly, writhing in pain.

Aya smiled, rubbing her eyes with her free hand, "She'll be okay..." she cast yet another quick recovery spell on her sister, standing, calling out to the man. "STAND DOWN SIR! BY ORDER OF THE QUEEN OF DOMA, RELEASE AYRA MYTHRIL OR...." she paused for a moment, "BE EXECUTED IN THE NAME OF DOMA KINGDOM!!!"

"Yeah right..." Ara gurgled, rising to her knees, a hand still over her chest, "Like that bastard will listen..."

I'm hopin' it'll buy us time, sis. Prepare something big, sparkly and painful for this man will you?

Heh...
Ara smirked Can and will do sis... she retracted slightly, crawling to her sword, lifting it up carefully. One heaping helping of ryuuzoku magic coming up in a second...

"Janice you're okay right??" Aya glanced back at her friend, whom had saved her sister's life.

Jak Snide

Action!

Unread postby Jak Snide » Wed Jun 05, 2002 12:10 pm

Kilra paused, considering waiting for the sound of the next gunshot. However, it only took a glance back down the way she had come, towards the injured, for her to decide.

She charged over the top of the hill, trying to throw a faerie fire spell in the huntsmans face as she did.

RebelKitsune

Go go!

Unread postby RebelKitsune » Wed Jun 05, 2002 3:46 pm

Janice's tail flicked. "I've been better, but do what you have to do, and do it fast. I don't want anything to happen to you two or Ayra. You're family, I'm just a friend." She shifted slightly, ensuring that she covered them from sight as much as she could with her large robes. "I just hope he hasn't done anything to poor little Ayra..." She looked over her shoulder to see what they were up to. She smiled, and said; "Tell me when to move over."

Justice Augustus
Administrator

I don't believe this...

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Wed Jun 05, 2002 4:15 pm

(OOc - For the effects of krak's shot...I got 4 tails in a row, that's a critically critical miss with critical effects...)

Kilra smilede as she reached the crest of the hill, she had judged right and was right behind the Huntsman, unfortunately in her rush she lost some of her stealth, stepping on a bunch of dried twigs placed there for that purpose. the dwarf span, pistol at the ready, at the same moment that Kraken's shot, which had been perfectly aimed, flew straight through where the dwarf's head had been a moment before, and straight into Kilra's gut, poking through he back with enough force to drop her to the ground.

Jak Snide

O_O

Unread postby Jak Snide » Wed Jun 05, 2002 4:30 pm

Kilra looked down at the bolt poking through her. This was defiantly not good.

She staggered forward a few paces before collapsing, the shock of Krakens poorly aimed shot too much for her, unconscious.

Edited by: Jak Snide&nbsp; Image at: 6/5/02 8:52:33 pm

Justice Augustus
Administrator

Re: O_O

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Wed Jun 05, 2002 4:51 pm

Luckily the shot hadn't hit any major artery, so the bleeding wouldn't be fatal if it was seen to soon, but the pain and shock had been enough to send waves of blackness across Kilra's vision, eventually swallowing her into a void of unconsciousness.

KraKeN

Hey it wasn't a poorly aimed shot...stupid twigs

Unread postby KraKeN » Wed Jun 05, 2002 6:03 pm

Kraken cringed at his shot, it wasn't his fault the dwarf had moved at the exact moment he fired and there was jack @#%$ he could do about it now. There was only one way to undo the damage and that was to waste the dwarf and get Kilra healed as quick as possible. Loading up again he fired any kinda of hit would be great for him.

ChancellorSmartz

Some more sneaking!

Unread postby ChancellorSmartz » Wed Jun 05, 2002 10:45 pm

"Gunshots?" Xander's ears perked up at the sounds of the shots fired by the huntsman.

"Hmmm...sounds like a long distance rifle...possibly sniper...sounds a bit powerful and it hit its target..." He was referring to the hitting of bullet against flesh. Since he has been using guns for most of his life, he's become a little expert at the use and understanding of firearms.

"I must be close by, because who else would be firing at nothing but these here hills? I've gotta go see what's happening..."

Quickly, he galloped on his blackish-brown horse until he came to a grassy knoll. There, he left the horse out of sight, and peeked over the edge. He saw Aya and Janice tending to Ara at the bottom of the hill, but he did not know who they were. Kilra and Kraken was out of his vision, since they were chasing the Huntsman at the bottom of another hill.

"Hmmm...I only see 3 out of the 6. The others must be after the guys who fired the gunshots or whatever. And the lady on the ground must be hurt or something. I wonder if I should help out...but I don't know how these guys would react if I came out of nowhere. I better stay low for a while..."

So there Xander layed on the ground peeking over the hill, not realizing the sunglasses he wore were gleaming...
(Meaning I want him to get caught Image )

Justice Augustus
Administrator

Coup de grace

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Thu Jun 06, 2002 8:43 am

The Huntsman easily dodged Kraken's rushed shot, as he now knew his position. He saw the sun glint off something, and assumed a weapon of some kind, maybe another sniper, and he scrambled down the hill a little, giving himself some cover and a little respite. He looked over at Kilra's unmoving form, and pulled out his pistol, loading another shot into it, and then cocking the hammer, and lowering it at her head, he grimached and turned his back, as to not be sprayed by the blood, and pulled the trigger, the burst of gunfire being heard echoing through the valleys, in fact that was pretty loud for a pistol shot...

The Huntsman turned in puzzelment to his pistol, or at least what remained of it. The entire barrel was missing, yet this was no missfire, it had been clearly sheared off, but who could do such a thing? Who would dare? The dwarf turned to his right, away from his target, to his attacker. Kraken and Xander could see from their vantage point a man wearing a dark green cloak and leather armour, holding a quater staff with a see-through halberd blade on either end.
"Gretings to you, my adversary. Remember me?" queried the man, a smile of satisfaction spreading across his lips as the dwarf's expression turned from anger, to suprise, to anger again.
"Maskovar, the last time we met you were dead."
"I got better, but will you when I run my blades through your chest?" The man swung his pole-arm around, preparing to strike.
"It appears that today is not the day we find out, until we meet again." The Huntsman smiled, as his master's spell completed and he demarterialised into a small, glowing, blue orb, and sped off to the south-west, over the heads of the band of heroes, with Ayra still with him. The newcomer stared in the direction the Huntsman had fled, then turned to the drow beside him.
"A dark elf? On the surface? 'Tis a strange sight, but after the grove I can believe anything is possible, even kindness in the heart of evil." He knelt down by Kilra, genty eased the bolt out of her wound, and then placed both hands on her body, then relaxed, allowing some of his power to flow into her, healing her wounds, and reviving her to consciousness.

(Edit - Cursed typos)

Edited by: Suicidal Sprite at: 6/6/02 12:48:05 pm

Jak Snide

O_o

Unread postby Jak Snide » Thu Jun 06, 2002 12:52 pm

Kilra looked up, her head spinning, still a little disorientated due to the shock of her injury.

IM: "Am I...dead?" she thought to herself. A quick prod to her arm convinced her otherwise.

"Usstan uil jiiiiii aluin ulu elgg nindel wael rivvil..." she muttered as she got to her feet, a little unsure of her footing.

She looked around, assuming that the battle had been won and her companions had healed her.

Instead she found herself face to face with the stranger.

"Gwer...hello?" she said cheerfully, trying to cover up her surprise and hide the aching pain in her gut.

RebelKitsune

We all got left behind...

Unread postby RebelKitsune » Fri Jun 07, 2002 7:29 am

(OOC: Slipknot lyrics...)

Janice covered her eyes from the sun's glare, and saw that the hunter was gone. "Dammit! I'm gonna follow him. Catch up when you can, because i don't think I can make any sort of difference, knowing this guy. I can only fight from up close, and i hardly have any sort of damaging long range spells." Janice sped off on all fours, but not without making sure that she didn't get into the hunter's sights again.

(here is when the hunter fired the shot) When she heard the loud bang, her ears pressed down, and she cursed loudly. "Will he ever stop? Dammit, I hope we can stop him before he can get away..."

As she climbed up the nearest hill, she could smell another scent, and then another. "More company. That's nice." When almost at the top, she saw the blue orb zoom overhead and disappear from sight, which almost made her lose her balance. "What the hell was that??" She scrambled to the top, and saw Kilra lying on the ground, and the newcomer, who had just healed her, but Janice did not know that. She took up a fighting pose, and approached. "Who are you, and what are you doing with Kilra...?" She looked around herself, breathless. "And where the @#%$ is that hunter?!?!"

Justice Augustus
Administrator

Hail, and well met!

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Fri Jun 07, 2002 11:54 am

"My name is Maskovar, and I have just healed this drow, Kilra did you say? As for the dwarf, by now he could be anywhere...What ye saw was a teleportation spell, designed for long distances and to be cast upon others. His master, a powerful mage, has whisked him back to their hideout, but I know not where it is. Except..." Here the man opened his palm, and a small yellow flower was concealed there, the flower rose, then bent, it's petal's all pointing to the south-west, the exact direction the Huntsman had gone. "This will show us the way, a coupled flower, they art grown in pairs, and when willed to by one with an...empathy...for plants it will point to it's twin, which I managed to place on the Huntsman's person. As for why, I have a personal interest to make sure that the Huntsman's mission fails, though what that mission was I do not know. Why art thou persuing him as well?"

Jak Snide

O_o

Unread postby Jak Snide » Fri Jun 07, 2002 12:25 pm

Kilra was a little in shock. The sudden revelation of the greater workings of these events, a solid lead to where this "Huntsman" was and a possible ally was a little to much for Kilra to take in all at once. The unfamiliar dialect which he used didn't help either, her knowledge of the common language only extending to the basics she had learnt back home, and what she had picked up.

After a brief moment of silence, she looked back at him, her face scrunching up in anger.

"The fiend has kidnapped an innocent child, and apparently this isn't the first time!"

She then registered something else.

"And the name's Kilraianjja."

IM: "Although nobody seems to be able to pronounce it properly..."

KraKeN

Re: O_o

Unread postby KraKeN » Fri Jun 07, 2002 5:25 pm

Kraken got back onto his horse and rode over to where Kilra and the new arrival was, looking more than a little sheepish.

Jak Snide

¬_¬

Unread postby Jak Snide » Fri Jun 07, 2002 5:50 pm

And rightfully so, as Kilra heard him approach, and turned to berate the careless thief. She stopped herself at the last moment, thinking it better to simply give him a harsh glare than spend half an hour screaming at him.

ChancellorSmartz

Re: ¬_¬

Unread postby ChancellorSmartz » Fri Jun 07, 2002 11:00 pm

By the time he heard the latest shot, he suddenly saw a man in some dark-greenish cloak. He apparantly sliced off the barrel of the other guy's gun, who seemed a tad short.

"Whoa...where the hell did he come from? And what happened? Is he some good guy or a bad one?" The next thing he knows is a blue flash over comes the area, and the short guy is gone.

"...OKAY. That's it. I'm gonna go down and find out what the hell is going on here."

He got up on his horse and rode down to about where Aya was. He needed some answers because this was getting to confusing to undestand without some backstory...

Justice Augustus
Administrator

Greetings continue and somebody get DC to post.

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Sat Jun 08, 2002 4:35 am

"Kilra, Kilrianj...Kilranji...I will just stick with Kilra for now, but I hope I can call thee friend and ally, for it seems that we both have our hearts set on the Huntsman's defeat. I do not know who this child is, but I know that she is safe, for now. But time is running out! I have found out, through spies and other sources, that we have only until the next half moon to save them both...for the she will be...sacrificed. Twelve sunsets are all these children have, and it could be a long trek. I suggest we travel together, we may have more of a chance as a group. But time is of the essence!"

Jak Snide

To do a DC: O_O N..nani!?!

Unread postby Jak Snide » Sat Jun 08, 2002 10:31 am

Kilra spun back around.

"Sacrifice?! Child ren?!" she exclaimed, noting the plurality of the statement.

Deep down insider, her blood was boiling at the mere mention of sacrifice. Coming from a Lolthite family meant this had been a common occurrence for her, but definitely one which she disapproved of with all her heart.

"Aye, let's go..." she seethed, her anger apparent in her tone.

LadyDragonClawsEDW

Uh oh, the S word....

Unread postby LadyDragonClawsEDW » Sat Jun 08, 2002 10:10 pm

Aya appeared to be pretty pissed off as Xandar approached, and it was no surprise that he received a rather harsh greeting from the queen. "Oh, it's you ." she grumbled coldly, turning away from him.

Ara sat up, coughing a little, "Damnit! He got away! Damnit damnit damnit!!!"

Both dragons seemed to be in their own little world of rage, that is, until one word snapped them both out of it spontaneously and harshly.

"Sacrifice? Child ren "

"SACRIFICE?!" twin voices cried out, sounding practically as one, looks of horror upon their faces.

"A-ayra...Ayra...is..." Aya stuttered.

"...going to be SACRIFICED?!" Ara completed, trembling.

"No time to waste! We go NOW!"

"Yeah now!" Ara snarled.

PreviousNext

Return to Gaera Main RPs