Collector's Item (Freestyle serious rp - ask before joining)

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
Blaze Yamato Spirit

Re: ¬.¬ *suspicious*

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Tue Jul 16, 2002 1:05 pm

Blaze sighed. He had been thinking along the same lines himself.

'I really couldn't say... His intentions seem honorable, but... I don't know. Let's just keep an eye on him, okay?'

He gave Kilra a half-hearted smile, glad at least for the chance to take his mind off things.

'Thanks for last nigh, Kilra. It was appreciated.'

Jak Snide

O.o

Unread postby Jak Snide » Tue Jul 16, 2002 1:19 pm

Kilra cocked her head to the side in confusion, then realised what he was talking about, and nodded once, smiling in return and hopping down off her mount. She was awake, and there was no chance of her going back to sleep. She could patrol some more...

But the sun was above the horizon, and extremely irritating. So she scooted underneath the shade of the nearest try, basking in the darkness.

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Re: O.o

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Tue Jul 16, 2002 3:19 pm

Blaze joined Kilra in the shade of the tree, and leaned back against it's trunk.

'This is so frustrating...'

But necessary. I won't let you kill yourself. You will have a better chance of saving the children if you stay with them.

'I know, but...'

Enough. You must wait.

RebelKitsune

<.<

Unread postby RebelKitsune » Wed Jul 17, 2002 1:37 pm

Janice had been watching this all happen from a nearby bush. She too had no idea what to do at that time, whether they should go and get a head start, or rest, only to make better progress later on. She thought for a while. "I could try going by myself... no. that's just insane. If we're gonna save Ayra we need everyone to come, don't be stupid. Well then I guess we're stuck waiting... poor Ayra..." ._.

Jak Snide

Party Banter: A great filler!

Unread postby Jak Snide » Thu Jul 18, 2002 3:58 pm

Kilra cast Blaze a quick sideways glance as she heard him mutter to himself. She reasoned that if he was talking to himself he must be really tired. He'd been up all night patrolling after all.

"Maybe you should get some sleep?" she half mumbled, the daylight sapping her energy and forcing her to keep her eyes focused on the ground.

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Verily muchily.

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Thu Jul 18, 2002 4:04 pm

Blaze frowned for a second, then caught on to what she had meant.

'Oh! Sorry...I was talking to...'

Oh gods, this'll sound really wierd.

<font color=red>You'll tell her the truth, then?</font>

...Yes.

'I was talking to the Warden.' He winced as he said it - Kilra must think he was mad.

Jak Snide

Say, what's the health plan like for a warden?

Unread postby Jak Snide » Thu Jul 18, 2002 4:30 pm

She was more awake now than before, the subject of this "Warden" bringing back some unpleasant memories along with the thoughts that had accompanied them. She looked to her side, and spoke.

"Hmm? You're a telepath then?"

As far as Kilra knew, this Warden was a person. After all, Blaze himself had said he could organise a meeting with him, so the ignorant drow assumed that the human was merely thinking out loud. She'd come across people who'd made that mistake back home.

Blaze Yamato Spirit

That depends on how active you are in his service...

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Sun Jul 21, 2002 11:45 am

'Umm...no. I'm not. But I have a unique bond with the Warden that lets me communicate with him. Technically I don't have to speak aloud, but sometimes I forget...'

He scratched his neck absently, unsure of whether he was prasing this adequately and simply enough for Kilra to understand.

'Of course, the Warden can communicate with anyone at anytime, if he really wants. He can do practically anything I suppose - I mean, he's not mortal like us, is he?'

RebelKitsune

huh...

Unread postby RebelKitsune » Mon Jul 22, 2002 11:37 am

Janice was sitting by a tree opposite this whole time. "... Warden. He's a god." She gazed to the ground thoughtfully. "Is he like me? does he work for Warden like i do for Stacey...? That's... interesting."

Jak Snide

O_O

Unread postby Jak Snide » Tue Jul 23, 2002 9:35 am

This little revelation had caught Kilra by surprise, as her open mouth indicated.

"A..god?! Does that make you a cleric!?" she snapped. Home had removed the little love she'd had for religion.

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Re: O_O

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Tue Jul 23, 2002 12:04 pm

'Not at all.' Blaze frowned, wondering what he had said wrong. He tried to brighten the conversation a little. 'The robes make me itch, for one thing...'

Jak Snide

Bah! Get thicker skin! Like Kehlan!

Unread postby Jak Snide » Tue Jul 23, 2002 1:58 pm

Her posture relaxed slightly, a small smile creeping onto her lips at the joke.

"So what are you then?"

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Re: Bah! Get thicker skin! Like Kehlan!

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Tue Jul 23, 2002 2:03 pm

Blaze grinned. 'Well, I guess you could call me his employee. My work in his service is purely optional, but I enjoy what I do. It helps others, and that is always a good thing.'

Justice Augustus
Administrator

returning from foraging...

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Wed Jul 24, 2002 11:56 am

Maskovar came back towards the group, and emptied out a bag of fruit onto a gigantic leaf. "Eat, we will need all our strength for the journey ahead." He then looked over at those who were still sleeping. "Methinks we should wake them now."

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Re: returning from foraging...

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Wed Jul 24, 2002 12:16 pm

'Finally...' Blaze muttered, straightening and walking towards the sleepers. He began waking them one by one, starting with Aya and Ara.

LadyDragonClawsEDW

Wakies!

Unread postby LadyDragonClawsEDW » Fri Jul 26, 2002 12:26 pm

Aya groaned softly as she sat up, rubbing her eyes, "Wha wha...?" she shook her head, ruffling her long messy hair.

Ara however, was much more receptive as she was stirred. Saying nothing, she quickly rose, stretching and adjusting her sword, "We going now?"

------

Ayra froze, staring, "Are...you my kopii??" she queried to the other Ayra all the while her eyes never leaving her double.

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Re: Wakies!

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Fri Jul 26, 2002 1:51 pm

Blaze nodded in response, before standing and going to fetch his horse. He took a little of Maskovar's produce, but not enough to properly fill him, so anxious was he to get started.

Justice Augustus
Administrator

The plot thickens...

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Fri Jul 26, 2002 2:54 pm

The child looked Ayra up and down. "Maybe, I dunno. Is your family royalty?" Ayra nodded. "Was your sister a knight who married a king?" Ayra nodded again. "Did you grow up in Doma castle?" Ayra nodded. "Did Riva invade and defeat the army of your country? Were your loved ones executed before your very eyes? Were you forced to flee for your life to make a new lifestyle, away from all you had ever known, scraping for a living among the gutters by stealing and begging?" Ayra froze, then shook her head. The boy looked at her. "I did." He said and turned away. He sighed and his shoulders drooped. "My name, is Ayran, one-time prince of Doma."

Edited by: Suicidal Sprite at: 10/15/02 1:07:47 pm

Jak Snide

Food!

Unread postby Jak Snide » Sat Jul 27, 2002 10:10 am

Kilra quickly skittered over, grabbing some of the food and then retreating back into the shade, where she began to consume her breakfast. She hadn't realised that she hadn't eaten in almost a day, and suddenly hunger had hit her like a ton of bricks.

RebelKitsune

food?

Unread postby RebelKitsune » Sun Jul 28, 2002 7:34 am

Janice opened an eye, and looked at the fruit. She was a bit unsure of whether she wanted to eat any of it. On the one hand, she was starving. She hadn't even eaten before they started this journey. On the other hand, the garou blood that flowed in her veins at that time made her cringe at the thought of eating fruit. Janice debated this for quite a long time, constantly giving the fruit a rather blank stare as she sat against the tree.

ChancellorSmartz

Re: food?

Unread postby ChancellorSmartz » Sun Jul 28, 2002 10:11 am

Xander was pretty sound asleep at the time...until he slightly opened one of his eyes and spotted the fruit. At that moment, his eyes popped open, and was wide awake. The mere sight of it caused him to jolt out at it and take a couple of fruit.

"Oh yeah! Food!" Xander said gleefully. Then he noticed the odd stares...

"Well, I am a pretty good bounty hunter...just not successful these past few days..." And with that being said, he walked to his spot.

KraKeN

Re: food?

Unread postby KraKeN » Sun Jul 28, 2002 9:29 pm

Kraken sat up grumbling and rubbing his eyes as he received a "good morning" kick in the butt from Blaze. He brighten at the sight of food though and dashed forward shoving handfuls of fruit in his mouth. He paused only to say:

"God, I can't remember when I last slept so well", juice dribbling down his chin, his voice slightly distorted as he stuffed himself,"I mean I haven't eaten since....".

He paused.

"since....I can't bloody well remember when!"

He finished, before continuing to stuff his face.

RebelKitsune

Unread postby RebelKitsune » Thu Aug 01, 2002 7:11 am

From all those eating, Janice was the only one without a full mouth. She continued to stare at the succulent food, her tail twitching this way and that as she wrestled with her thoughts to try and decide whether or not she should eat it... She whimpered slightly as she started to get a bit of a headache, squinting at the pain and lowering her ears.

LadyDragonClawsEDW

You have your dragons crossed..

Unread postby LadyDragonClawsEDW » Thu Aug 01, 2002 11:49 am

(Ayra's not Aya's daughter, she's actually her little sister)

Ayra sniffled, looking at Ayran, "That's sad...but Oneeane isn't my mom..." she looked a bit confused. "I hope that doesn't happen here, I dun like dragoons they're mean...." a dark look crossed her face for a moment. "But where are you from? You can't be from Doma...and Oneeane isn't dead!"

------

Paying hardly any heed and hungry as hell, Aya quickly grabbed for the fruit, stuffing her face in a way that would make Lina Inverse proud. "Mmph..."

Ara however, still remained silent, staring off into the distance, her arms crossed over her chest. An annoyed look crossed her face as she turned to the group, "Hurry it up, if it weren't for my bad sense of direction I would have left you all in the dust by now..."

Justice Augustus
Administrator

Stupid friging brain not working properly

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Thu Aug 01, 2002 6:36 pm

(See this topic as to why I'm not going to be posting much in the near future. I think the whole rp is going to have to be put on hold for a month or so. Sorry.)

Justice Augustus
Administrator

Re: Stupid friging brain not working properly

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Tue Oct 15, 2002 9:10 am

(Yep, we're back up and running again, only not just yet...gotta finish setting up my new computer. That's right, NEW COMPUTER!!! WOOT!!!)

Jak Snide

About time!

Unread postby Jak Snide » Tue Oct 15, 2002 4:18 pm

Kilra, polishing off her breakfast, basked in the shade provided by the tree, momentarily content.

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Indeed!

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Tue Oct 15, 2002 4:56 pm

Blaze still paced around the clearing, eager for the off.

Aargh! This is so frustrating!!

Justice Augustus
Administrator

Guess we're back...back again. CI is back...tell a friend...

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Thu Oct 17, 2002 3:42 pm

Once the group had finished enjoying nature's plentiful bounty, they saddled up (or in the case of some of them, got their running paws on). Then they resumed their dash towards their destination, hoping that they would get there in time for Ayra to be saved, unaware that danger sped to greet and delay them...

Sethulka had ordered her coven to rest for a moment, to regain their strength. The next night, by her estimate, the half-medusa, half-succubus would lead her band of harpies into battle against the heroes that dared to oppose her master, and sometimes partner.

ChancellorSmartz

Re: Guess we're back...back again. CI is back...tell a frien

Unread postby ChancellorSmartz » Fri Oct 18, 2002 10:48 pm

Xander was still finishing up his meal while riding the horse. He's not what you call a very lucky bounty hunter...he gets very few bounties, and the ones he does get pay very little. Therefore, common food is a luxery to him.

"Ok then...so we have to find this guy who took somebody right? Sounds real bad...I hope we find whoever you are looking for soon..." And maybe then I can get some bounty on these guys...I get to get money AND be a hero...sweet. Xander made a quick smirk to himself as he made a bite into his fruit.

Justice Augustus
Administrator

Guess we're back...back again. CI is back...tell a friend

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Sat Nov 02, 2002 6:27 pm

(Okay, that's it....nobody wants to post to my rp...*sniff* and I've worked out the ending and everything. One last try, before it turns out to be a dream or some other excuse for it not happening)

Another day had drawn to a close, but for many of the group it was unclear whether they were closer to rescuing Ayra or not. For one thing nobody was sure who Maskovar was, after all he could have been sent by the same man who sent the Huntsman, this could all be a trick designed to lead them in the wrong direction. But it was this or nothing. There were no other leads, and Maskovar was their only hope. So the rag-tag bunch of heroes, thrown together by chance, raced onwards, reaching a small range of hills just after dusk. Luckily on of the hills had an undercut large enough to shelter them all from the rain clouds that mockingly thundered in the near distance. They led the steeds to the back of the cave, and someone suggested a fire, as a loud, unnatural screech cut through the air, jolting tired minds awake with fear.

KraKeN

Unread postby KraKeN » Sat Nov 02, 2002 7:35 pm

(Occ: Maybe you should have a role call)

"What the @#%$ was that?" cried Kraken reigning in his horse.

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Sun Nov 03, 2002 12:10 pm

Blaze had been about to light the small amount of wood he had gathered with a spell when the screech pierced the night. Immediately he was on his feet, tensed and ready to react at a split second's notice. The fire spell forming on his lips paused, and he changed the incantation, pausing before the trigger word, ready to unleash it at any sign of threat.

'Everyone behind me, unless you want to get caught in a fire wall.'

Jak Snide

o.< *administers adrenaline shot*

Unread postby Jak Snide » Sun Nov 03, 2002 5:56 pm

Kilra, hands on the hilts of her swords, heeded Blaze's order and moved behind him, having been wide awake to hear the screech.

IM: "Attacking the hero's camp at night while they sleep....how cliché...

At this point, a grin spread across her face. This was what dreams were made of.

RebelKitsune

Fire + fur =/= fun

Unread postby RebelKitsune » Tue Nov 05, 2002 11:15 am

Janice padded over behind Blaze, and her stomach growled slightly. As this happened, she let out a slightly suppressed whine, her confusion growing to immense levels. "need food..." =._.=

Justice Augustus
Administrator

Ack....need to go to babysitting job....

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Sat Nov 09, 2002 3:52 pm

The screech had been followed by a flurry of activity by the heroes, yet now silence reigned supreme. Those with means to see in the dark could not see the five figures who were silenty approaching, bat-like wings extended, showing the razor sharp hooks at te end of them. As they drew their swords in synchornisation those who couldn't see them could make out eh sound, and the glint of moonlight on the blades. The five harpies approached closer, seemingly waiting for the heroes to make the first move...

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Re: Ack....need to go to babysitting job....

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Sat Nov 09, 2002 4:06 pm

'No way in hell...' Blaze whispered. 'I can wait here all night if needs be...'

He made no move to start the battle, preferring to wait until their opponents attacked, when he knew he would do the most damage with the firewall spell.

Justice Augustus
Administrator

Just before it drops off the bottom of page 1...

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Fri Nov 22, 2002 5:49 pm

The five figures opened their mouths, and a scream came out that could have heralded the birth of a demon lord. Maskovar fell to his knees, clutching his ears where blood was trickiling out, Kraken followed suit, as did Aya. Blaze and Kilra swayed with the sound, but seemed fine. As for the three who seemed the most affected, it had all gone strangely quiet.

As Blaze stumbled from the aural attack, he saw the figures suddenly spring forward.

(Maskovar, Kraken, and Aya are all deafened)

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Re: Just before it drops off the bottom of page 1...

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Fri Nov 22, 2002 5:59 pm

As they leapt into the cave, Blaze's lips curled into a smile. Standing straight once again, he pointed his hand a couple of metres ahead of the attackers roared the key words:

'BLAZING WALL!'

Jak Snide

Fight!

Unread postby Jak Snide » Fri Nov 22, 2002 6:01 pm

Kilra didn't know quite what had happened, and she didn't really care. Swords raised, she stepped forward, standing defiantly in front of her injured companions, mimicking the heroic tales she'd read so much of.

PreviousNext

Return to Gaera Main RPs