Blood Vengeance (full PhilSys RP)

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Re: I just know this won't end well...

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Fri Mar 14, 2003 10:33 pm

<span style="font-family:comic sans ms; color:navy;">... weird... but I like the way it feels... warms me up! ^_^

He then turned and walked over to the guys. "Hey guys! Any of you know what this is?...

"Hey, where'd Jeff go?"</span>

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Fri Mar 14, 2003 10:36 pm

Damon, who had been trying to clean off the blood from his shikomi-zue, responded, "What??" He gave a quick look around, then added, "You don't suppose he went down one of the passages, did you?"

(OOC: A note beforehand. If the rest of you come in in the middle of a round, that round is going to be finished before I roll the new initiative counts.)

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Fri Mar 14, 2003 10:38 pm

Elijah had taken this time to peek round the corner where Jeff had gone and then quickly edged back behind the corner, turning to the others, and saying to them in a not too loud voice "Shit. He's in there.. with a rather large creature."

Edited by: Dark Xia at: 3/14/03 9:40:41 pm

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Re: Blood Vengeance (full PhilSys RP)

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Fri Mar 14, 2003 10:46 pm

<span style="font-family:comic sans ms; color:navy;">O.O

"Well, what are we waiting for? Let's go help him!" With a quick tuck of the dagger into the folds of his robe, Layne went charging down the hall towards Jeff...</span>

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Fri Mar 14, 2003 10:52 pm

Elijah sighed. He had just gotten this sudden fear of dying.... where it came from he didn't know... but he wasn't going to give in, not now. With that he dashed off after Layne. Once in the large room he scanned his surroundings, also looking for any traps. in the meantime he called out "We stand more of a chance if we're able to hide behind those large pillars and confujse the beast... I think...." He gritted his teeth and prepared for battle again... one that could end in more death.

Edited by: Dark Xia at: 3/14/03 11:22:28 pm

Geocsuppi

Unread postby Geocsuppi » Sat Mar 15, 2003 12:08 am

"I saw the beasts aura too. It's got three heads..."

Walter had calmed down considerably, and was thinking on more rational terms now.

"Before we go charging in there, let's make a plan. Someone yank Jeff out of there."

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Dr. Subtlety rides again!

Unread postby Kelne » Sat Mar 15, 2003 1:36 am

Jeff wasted no time in hurling a fireball at the hydra, despite his lack of success in the magical department so far. Heedless of his own safety, he continued forwards, gathering another ball of fire in his palm as he did so.

Divinegon2130

Re: Dr. Subtlety rides again!

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Sat Mar 15, 2003 9:57 am

Jeff's fireball hardly fazed the hydra, as the head that had reared back lashed forward, teeth exposed.

The head bit Jeff in the shoulder painfully, leaving a nasty wound as the head let go.

It was just then that the others noticed what was going on. Damon, one of the first ones to reach the hydra, noticed Jeff's injury and started to panic.

Moving between Jeff and the hydra, Damon cursed at the hydra for a bit before bringing his hands forward. He muttered under his breath, "Power of darkness, come to my aid and burn my enemies..."

Damon's hands seemed to flicker as if covered in black fire before he uttered the last words of the chant, "Dark INFERNO!" At this point, a burst of blackish flame was directed at the hydra... but the hydra was able to, for the most part, get out of the way, the burst only slightly singing one of its heads - which there were six of, by the way.

(Jeff's spell gets resisted, and he is at 49/75 MP. He also suffers 36 damage, bringing him down to 19/55 MP. Damon dealt 24 damage with his spell because of a near-miss.

As for the new initiative order, Damon moves first, followed by Elijah, then Walter, then Jeff, then Layne, and lastly the hydra. Elijah's turn.)

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Sat Mar 15, 2003 10:35 am

Holy F!%#*&$ s***! SIX?! "Ahem... RETREAT!" Elijah ran swiftly towards jeff and grabbed him, as gently as he could, careful to avoid the wound, and carried him back.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Sat Mar 15, 2003 4:39 pm

"What do you mean retreat? We can take the big scaly bastard." This despite evidence to the contrary, and the fact that Jeff wasn't even able to effectively resist being dragged.

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Sat Mar 15, 2003 6:25 pm

"Look a plan of attack ALWAYS helps when gonig up agianst something bigger, and possibly badder than us."

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Sat Mar 15, 2003 6:48 pm

"A plan? I'll give you a plan -" Jeff stopped short, then a grin of sheer malevolence spread itself across his face. "I wonder what would happen if we tipped a packet of this down one of those throats..." Jeff balanced a packet of itching powder in his hand, bloodlust momentarily superceded by his natural tendency towards mayhem.

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Sat Mar 15, 2003 7:15 pm

Damon looked for a moment at Jeff when he started to suggest his 'plan'. He knew little about the powder inside the packet - except for the fact that he had seen one of the demons itching when some of the powder was hurled at it.

"Nasty... but whatever works," Damon said, directing his voice mostly towards Jeff.

(I'm going to assume here that Elijah is delaying his action. He may continue talking, and can get his action in when he feels he needs to, but the combat sequence will shift to Walter's turn.)

Geocsuppi

Unread postby Geocsuppi » Sat Mar 15, 2003 7:51 pm

[OOC: It's my turn? Okay..]

Walter looked at the others. "Let's get further down the hallway." He pointed to where they had came from.

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Sat Mar 15, 2003 7:57 pm

"Ahem.... BIG LIZARD WITH MULTIPLE HEADS FIRST?"

Geocsuppi

Unread postby Geocsuppi » Sat Mar 15, 2003 8:04 pm

"Yes we can make our plan back there. But we need a plan to take down that sucker. Six independent heads are hard to fight against."

[OOC: Where we came from meaning closer to the entrence door.]

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Sat Mar 15, 2003 8:10 pm

(OOC: Assuming that further delay is in progress...)

"Must I do everything myself? Here Fido, catch!" So saying, Jeff lobbed the packet of itching powder straight at one of the heads.

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Sat Mar 15, 2003 8:40 pm

Elijah is still dragging Jeff, even as he lobbs the powder. "Are you done now?"

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Sun Mar 16, 2003 8:12 pm

(OOC: Right. I'm going to assume Walter also delays. Like Elijah, Walter may act later in the round.)

Just before Jeff hurled the itching powder, the hydra let out another loud roar with one of its heads. Jeff, seeing the opportunity for his plan to work, hurled the itching powder at the open mouth.

Just as Elijah resumed dragging him away, Jeff noticed the eyes on the same head narrow... and then the hydra suddenly started flailing about randomly. Jeff knew he was successful getting the itching powder inside the beast's throat.

Whether it was a good idea or not was harder to say, especially now that the hydra was rampaging.

(Jeff's powder-tossing trick works. Layne's turn.)

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Sun Mar 16, 2003 11:22 pm

<span style="font-family:comic sans ms; color:navy;">Hmmmm... he got singed by the fire... let's bet he's elementally unaligned!

Heh heh... finally, I get a chance to try out my final project from school in the real world! ^_^ Woot!

Layne solidly slammed his staff on the floor.

He reached to the sky. "FIRE!" With it, a blazen bolt of flame reached from nowhere to the here, in front of Layne.

He reached to his left. "ICE!" A frozen blast of air crystallized the water molecules in their path, residing about in the same place as the firebolt.

He reached to his right. "LIGHTNING!" A crack of thunderous electricity arced over to Layne in the same spot as the other two.

He reached to the ground. "EARTH!" A jagged jut of craggy rock grasped the three.

Layne raised his staff, drawing a circle behind the four elements. As he twirled the staff, the bolts of energy swirled, melded, merged...

"Come together, powers of Gaera, and smite my foe! EARTHEN BOLT OF FIERY ICE!"</span>

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=kingofdoma>KingOfDoma</A] at: 3/16/03 10:23:29 pm

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Mon Mar 17, 2003 7:53 am

Shouldn't the affect of each of those elements cancel eachother out? Magic is indeed an element of the Universe that is hard to understand Elijah stopped in his tracks. If This attack did work though.... Elijah would put down Jeff and strike, it seems that his comrades wished to fight, so he would join them... even if it was against his better judgement.

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Mon Mar 17, 2003 6:18 pm

The four elements merged and united as one conglomerate bolt of energy. Almost immediately, Layne directed this at the hydra, and it smacked clearly into its target. The results were mixed.

One of the hydra's heads, which was struck cleanly by the bolt, slumped right to the ground, obviously taken out by the sudden attack.

Layne, meanwhile, suddenly realized something. He was casting over the limits of his normal control. It wasn't horrible immediately, but if it got too much worse.... Reflexively, Layne spit out a small globule of blood onto the ground.

(Layne deals 62 damage, but has used more MP than he has, so the excess is drained as HP, leaving him with 49/60 HP remaining.)

The hydra, meanwhile, was still flailing about. In a startling twist, one of the heads lunged out at Damon, but the kitsunejin simply danced backward, being far too agile for the beast to snatch. Damon brought up his palm once again, repeating the chants he had used just moments before...

....and this time, the black flame was more successful in enveloping the creature, causing it to feel a sort of burning. Damon, however, was starting to develop a nosebleed, and anyone who knew magic well would know that the kitsunejin was pushing beyond the limits of his magic capabilities.

(Damon deals 43 damage, and suffers a slight bit of mana poisoning himself.

Elijah's turn.)

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Mon Mar 17, 2003 6:22 pm

<span style="font-family:comic sans ms; color:navy;">.... oops.</span>

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Mon Mar 17, 2003 7:52 pm

"Do I look done to you? In case you hadn't noticed, that thing's still alive. Now either do something useful or get out of my way."

Geocsuppi

Unread postby Geocsuppi » Mon Mar 17, 2003 7:59 pm

Walter stopped looking around. It was time to act. He took his staff in hand, and with some niffty twirls, while muttering, "Time the ever trusty keep our friend one second behind." He slammed the staff on the ground, yelling, "SLOW!!"

[ooc: casts slow on the dragon. This is gonna hurt...]

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Mon Mar 17, 2003 8:11 pm

I see, it does seem powerful, yet it is not always effective, perhaps like everything else in this world... still... I do not understand it. Elijah noticed Walter slamming his staff into the ground, put down jeff finally, and prepared to assualt the beast with a charge and a slash of his tail when the spel lhad been finished.

(Slash with tail.)

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Tue Mar 18, 2003 11:26 pm

When Walter slammed his staff on the ground, absolutely nothing seemed to happen, except for a slight weakness indicating he was risking his physical well-being. This he may have expected.

But when he lifted the staff, he realized that he was moving much more slowly than normal. That's when it hit him - his slow spell had backfired suddenly.

Meanwhile, Elijah tried to slash with his tail at the hydra, but the head that he was aiming for had moved out of the way by the time he slashed.

(Walter critically missed with his Slow spell, causing his action to be delayed to the end of the round for 4 rounds, as well as making him suffer a -2/-2 AT/PA penalty. Meanwhile, Elijah missed with his slash.

Jeff's turn.)

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Wed Mar 19, 2003 1:52 am

Jeff brought out a knife, lining it up for a throw. Lightning crackled about it as he hurled it at the Hydra's body.

And if this fails, so help me gods, I'm going to go in and stab it.

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Wed Mar 19, 2003 6:13 pm

Missed, Damn, he had been too reckless to try a slash...

Edited by: Dark Xia at: 3/20/03 6:26:50 am

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Wed Mar 19, 2003 11:44 pm

Jeff realized his magic didn't seem to be very effective. In fact, the thunder portion of the knife faded very soon after the knife left Jeff's hand.

However, the knife itself continued, striking one of the hydra's remaining heads in the eye, causing it to rear back painfully.

(The spell part gets resisted, but Jeff's knife causes 9 damage.

Layne's turn.)

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Thu Mar 20, 2003 12:30 am

<span style="font-family:comic sans ms; color:navy;">Uh oh... I can't cast any more spells! OK, OK... uh...

Layne then looked down at his staff.

Oh yeah!

(Just a regular old bashing attack on one of the heads.)</span>

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Sat Mar 22, 2003 10:46 am

Layne swung his quarterstaff hard at the hydra, but the head he was after snaked away, and the hydra kept on rampaging.

Layne, knowing how dangerous it would be staying there, backed off slightly... and this move had unexpected results. The hydra, not being too bright, tried to charge after him. And promptly slammed into the lower half of the pillar.

The pillar looked like it could have stood up to something like this, but strangely the hydra just plowed right through it. The beast continued charging.... but suddenly the upper half of the pillar - a fairly heavy mass of stone - fell down right on the hydra's back, pinning it there. The beast was still alive, though it was obvious that the pillar had seriously hurt it. A smaller mass of the stone nearly fell on Layne, as well, though the black mage was able to swiftly get out of the way.

The others were too far away for chunks of the pillar to fall on them, though there was a lot of scattered stone nearby where the pillar fell.

(The hydra suffers 208 damage from trying to crash into the pillar and having part of it fall on him. Walter's turn.)

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Sat Mar 22, 2003 11:30 am

Talk about convinent, but Elijah never argued with fate.

Geocsuppi

Unread postby Geocsuppi » Sat Mar 22, 2003 1:11 pm

Walter cursed underneath his breath at the stupid slow spell that had backfired. He ran, well what would've been running at the Hydra. He jumped up flapping his wings to get to a greater height. He came back down bringing his staff down onto the hydra's head.

[Thwack!! on Hydra]

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Sat Mar 22, 2003 2:44 pm

<span style="font-family:comic sans ms; color:navy;">Layne, wide-eyed, surveyed the damage which had been, in part, his fault.

He clasped his hands, and looked to the sky, saying, "THANK YOU, WHOEVER'S UP THERE! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!" ^_^</span>

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Sat Mar 22, 2003 6:08 pm

Jeff's reaction to the hydra's predicament was low chuckling. It was impossible for him to take seriously a creature which got itself trapped under a pillar. It was that sort of mindless savagery which - was exactly how he had been acting.

He still felt the urge to annihilate the creature, but now that he actually stopped to think about it, the urge was a completely foreign one.

What has happened to me? Jeff thought, shuddering.

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Sun Mar 23, 2003 12:03 am

Walter's jump and slam landed the quarterstaff on two different heads at the same time. The beast would have been able to take a blow like this before, but not in this state.

The hydra's remaining heads slumped down to the ground, slightly twitching every now and then... and the others saw that there was a large room behind the now-crushed pillar, with its roof supported by apparently a couple dozen other pillars.

Damon stepped forward, saying, "Well his minions aren't too bright, now are they?"

(Everyone gets 550 XP for this battle. Jeff gets 100 bonus XP, and everyone else gets 50 XP bonus, even Walter.

I'm going to want to handle the level ups over AIM. Contact either WereNezuJin, SenseiBakuryu, or ChibiDracoLich17 to handle such a thing - those are all my names on AIM.)

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Sun Mar 23, 2003 12:20 am

<span style="font-family:comic sans ms; color:navy;">"Yeah, I guess... it'd sorta suck if it got harder from here on in...

"... and now that I said that, it will. GREAT! >.<"</span>

Geocsuppi

Unread postby Geocsuppi » Sun Mar 23, 2003 12:30 am

"I guees beating a six head monster is possible..."

[OOC: Lol... Even Walter... LOL...]

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Sun Mar 23, 2003 1:26 am

"Do not ontain false impressions of others just because one of them is stupid, it is impossible to truly know about the others until we meet, and perhaps fight them." Elijah spoke in a sure tone. He turned to Jeff "My apologies for picking you up like that, I jsut thought it would be better for us to stay back and plan, rather than rush in head first, though that seems inconsequential now.... so where do we go from here?" Elijah turned his head , scanning the room for any obvious exists.

PreviousNext

Return to Gaera Main RPs