Long Arm of the Law

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

*bumps*

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Sat Dec 21, 2002 9:31 pm

^--- *see subject* ^_^;

Kotoki

Re: *bumps*

Unread postby Kotoki » Sat Dec 21, 2002 10:42 pm

The strategy was effective- very much so, as a great deal of soldiers were blown away by Midoku's spell or sliced in half by Stephan's sword. The population of the underground camp was slowly yet surely decreasing.

Kotoki, crossbow in hand, edged towards the crowd of servants in the middle of the room. Despite the chaos elsewhere in the camp, around here it was utterly serene. A man who seemed to be a white mage was keeping up a barrier around the space.

She sneaked closer to take a look. Beyond the small cluster stood an impressive velvet armchair. In the chair sat an impressive looking blonde woman in her late thirties. The thin gold crown on her head identified her. She was filing her nails in an utterly deattached manner. Alissa was chained and sat quietly on the floor beside her.

Jak Snide

I'm baaaaack!

Unread postby Jak Snide » Sun Dec 29, 2002 9:16 am

Jak wasn't about to let his precious be disturbed, whatever she was up to. If she wasn't shooting, it meant that she'd spotted something important.

Finding progress forward much easier than he'd expected, due to the tactics of his companions, he moved towards Kotoki, making sure to pick off any soldier that came too close to either of them with a well placed spell. As he drew nearer, he saw what she was looking at.

"Who the hell is she? Another bloody royal?" he asked before checking his surroundings to make sure another goon wasn't about to introduce him to the wrong end of a sword.

Edited by: Jak Snide  Image at: 12/29/02 8:18:01 am

Kotoki

Re: I'm baaaaack!

Unread postby Kotoki » Sun Dec 29, 2002 4:43 pm

"I'm guessing she's the queen," replied Kotoki with a frown. "I don't suppose you know of any way to break wall spells?"

The question was unnecessary. The seated woman waved a hand at the white mage, who broke off chanting. She smoothed her dress out as she stood up and walked out to meet her son, calmly, as though the chaos around her simply did not concern her.

Brandon was making a slow but steady path towards the woman, ground littered with bodies of soldiers.

"Nevermind," amended Kotoki, moving forward by a little as she aimed for one of Alissa's guards.

Jak Snide

Broadband down, yarg.

Unread postby Jak Snide » Mon Dec 30, 2002 6:15 pm

Jak waited, curious too see how events would proceed. He had no particular wish to save Alissa at this time, and he didn't feel the pressing urge to convert the latest royal on the scene to a small pile of soot just yet.

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

Posties

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Tue Dec 31, 2002 5:16 pm

Midoku looked between his two friends, trying to decide what to do. There were still a few Guards in Alyssa's vicinity, so Kotoki and Mr. Snide could use all the help they could. However, he was concered what may happen to Brandon if he faced the woman alone.

>.>? If that truly is his mother... surely she would not harm her own child... he thought. Then he glanced over at Alyssa, noticing she was chained.

<.>? ...would she?

Shaking his head, he quickly made the decision. Gathering a gust of air around his hands, he followed after Kotoki and Jak, assisting them where he could in stopping the guards.

Edited by: FF Fanatic 80&nbsp; Image at: 12/31/02 4:24:15 pm

Kotoki

Lalala plot!

Unread postby Kotoki » Tue Dec 31, 2002 6:24 pm

Kotoki's shot went wide, the guard turning around to face her as he realized someone had just shot at him. He started towards the trio with a snarl, leaving Alissa mainly unguarded.

"Hello, Brandon," said the queen quietly as she approached. "How have you been?"

The blonde raised an eyebrow and laughed, a dark and humorless sound. "As well as can be expected," he replied.

She nodded curtly. "Will you come quietly? I suppose that's too much to ask?"

"Too much to ask?" asked Brandon, still trying not to laugh. "Mother, your soldiers kidnapped two completely innocent people to get to me. They *butchered* a little girl just to get to Alissa."

The queen frowned. "That was... irresponsible of them," she said slowly, as though in deep thought. "Brandon, what's wrong with you? Even angry, you're never this cold..." her eyes widened just slightly. "Unless..."

"That's right, mother," replied Alissa, chains rattling as she stood up and moved as far towards the two as her chains allowed. "You know it runs in the family, after all. Or did you forget that our grandfather was a berserker too?"

Jak Snide

Whoop!

Unread postby Jak Snide » Wed Jan 01, 2003 9:10 pm

Jak aimed another burst of fire at the advancing guard, trying to listen in on the royal chit-chat.

IM: "A family of berserkers running a kingdom? Boy, that *must* be a fun place to live...."

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

*Posties*

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Sat Jan 04, 2003 5:01 am

Midoku blinked a few times at this revelation, most likely along with the Innkeeper and the fire-conjuring mage.

<.>? ...a Beserker...? He thought to himself, ...Bradon is one of them? It does not seem possible...

During their journeys across Igalia, he and Stephan had heard various stories about the ones known as Beserkers. While not always consistent (he recalled one paticular tale that claimed they had the ability to change form), the common theme was that they gained seeminly in-human strength when enraged. Midoku glanced at the meak, effeminate bard once more, still having a hard time believing it.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

(OOC: This part might be a bit graphic, just to warn you in advance. ^_^; )

"GAH!!!!" One of the soldiers cried out, falling over from the massive gash Stephan had torn in his leg. The soldier grabbed at it tightly, trying to keep the bloodflow down to a minimum, as Stephan crept toward him.

o\/< "Yo...You son of a b#$ch!!" the soldier spat out at the Dark Knight, glaring defiantly, "How *DARE* filth such as yourself lay a hand on me!!"

Stephan, strangely enough, didn't seem to react at all to the soldier's insults. He continued to approach the wounded man, an eager, vicious smile never leaving his face.

o\/o;; "..w..well...w..what are you waiting for?" the soldier shouted, as the man stood before him, sword at his side, "Just get it the f*&k over wi..."

The man barely finished his sentance as he felt the swift moment of the man's blade across his throat, severing his vocal cords in a bloody gash.

O_@;;; *GURGLE, HACK*

The man tried to grab for his throat, but the grinning man's blade was already in motion again, each attempt at moment met with another deep gash from the sword. Eventually the man just lay there, his body and limps lacerated to the point where he could not move, as the Dark Swordsman continued to smile. He looked up at Stephan, his eyes pleading for a quick end to the life he knew he was doomed to lose, the pain growing more and more severe. Without saying another word to the soldier, Stephan started to drag him by the arms, the man gurgling screams from the tearing on his deep wounds. In the brief moments he could bring himself to see, the soldier saw he was being dragged toward the river of sewage nearby. He glanced frantically at the Dark Knight again to try and get him to stop, his hands and face twitching rapidly. The Dark Knight finally stopped right next to the edge, crouching down and looking the soldier face to face.

"...filth, am I?" he told the man, still smiling that same, vicious smile.

"I think you are wrong, so very, very wrong..."

He picked the man up by the arms, who let out another painful gurgle from his throat.

^_e "...the only filth I see here... is you..."

Without another moment wasted, the soldier was dropped into the flowing waste, a loud splash followed by watery gurgles and ripples. The inferno like-burning from his wounds meeting the raw sewage made the man unable to stop screaming, even as his lungs begged for air beneath the waste waters. His body unable to take the lack of air and the overwhelming pain any longer, the soldier felt himself being slowly torm away from the world around him, as his body slowly started to drift away with the rest of Doma's waste.

The last thing he would see was Stephan, giggling to himself with a wild, almost fangy smile on his face,

and glowing, feral eyes...

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"...huh?"

Stephan blinked a few times, glancing around the area about him. For some reason, he'd gone from kicking ass and taking names to standing by the raw sewage, of all things.

<\/>? ...what the @$#@$#@ am I doing here? he thought to himself, trying to remember.

...just doing what you do best...

He blinked a few times again, as he recalled bits and pieces of what had just occured. The wounded soldier, the multiple lacerations. The man's eyes, begging and pleading at him...

The Dark Knight shuddered, unable to get those eyes out of his mind.

...what's wrong with you, a little look bringing you down...? The voice told him.

...T..That was.... I...I...didn't...have to... all that sh#$...I...could have just...just... Stephan said to himself, the memory of those eyes interfereing with all this thoughts.

...but of course you did... he dared to insult you... he deserved NO mercy...

...but...

...He wanted you dead... you only showed him the same compassion he had for you... none whatsoever... he deserved none...

Stephan felt himself begin to calm down, the haunting image of the soldier's eyes fading slowly into the back of his mind.

...He deserved to suffer... do not forget that he deserved to suffer...

The Dark Knight blinked a few times, the voice in his mind fading back into security. His thoughts still jumbled from recent events, he made his way toward the others. He hoped something, anything they said could get his mind back on its normal track. He approached the trio of Midoku, Kotoki and Jak, noticing a mutual look of shock on all their faces.

>\/> "...so what the @$#@$ is going on over here?" Stephan asked the group.

(OOC: ...I scare myself sometimes @_@; )

Kotoki

Lalala... Final boss coming!

Unread postby Kotoki » Tue Jan 07, 2003 12:33 am

"...Um," started Kotoki, still intent on the family confrontation. "That's Brandon's mother, and she just realized he's a berserker."

Alissa glanced at the group coldly. "Do any of you want to come over here and remove these chains, perhaps?"

The queen sighed, a heavy sound, and cupped one manicured hand to her mouth. "Guards! Unchain the Minotaur!"

"What's wrong, mother?" hissed Brandon. "too cowardly to fight me yourself?"

She simply swept up her dress and started to walk away at a leisurely pace. "I'm not a fool, Brandon. I saw what you did to the palace guards when you tried to get at your father before you left home. I have no desire to be ripped limb from limb by my own child. But you are the heir, and it seems I must beat some sense into you to make you come home again."

KraKeN

Re: Lalala... Final boss coming!

Unread postby KraKeN » Tue Jan 07, 2003 10:23 am

Still keeping half an eye on the scene, Kraken drifted over to Alissa and started to undo the chains which bound her.

Jak Snide

Not if I can help it. =P

Unread postby Jak Snide » Tue Jan 07, 2003 1:17 pm

IM: "Minotaur? Just great. Bloody great."

Jak remembered the only other time he'd met such a creature. The bandit king had seemed quite surprised when devoured him after he'd released it. They were tough, and pretty much immune to pain. Which meant it'd take more than a single spell to take out. Which meant he may well take a hit or two. And he really wasn't in the mood for that.

His eyes darted around madly, head swiveling left and right, trying to spot where the trapped beast was, and any who were about to release it. If he could "disable" the soldiers before they released the beast, the next few minutes would be alot easier on him.

Edited by: Jak Snide&nbsp; Image at: 1/7/03 12:22:02 pm

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

Woo, violence!

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Wed Jan 08, 2003 2:42 pm

Midoku likely would have continued to process the implications of all these revelations, only one important thing kept him from doing so.

Namely, the threat of a large, near-unstoppable killing machine being released to slaughter them.

O_@;;; "Oh goodness, what are we going to do!?" Midoku worried out loud, shuddering a bit. He suddenly felt a hand on his shoulder, looking over to see a very angry Dark Knight looking toward Brandon's mother.

e_e "...what else? Beat the living @#$#@ outta it if it comes near us."

"...b..but it's a Minotaur Stephan..." Midoku studder out, obviously very scared, "W...what if it comes for me or Mr. Snide? We'd stand no chance if it got close..."

He felt the hand on his shoulder tighten and release softly, the Dark Knight trying to keep him calm.

-_- "...I'll protect you. Don't worry." Stephan promised him, turning to face toward the royalty from Therney. He placed himself between the pair and Midoku, looking back and nodding toward the blue wizard.

>\/> "Just stick close and stay behind me, Ok?" he said back, the mage nodding back as the two got ready for whatever the monarch had in store for them.

Jak Snide

e_e

Unread postby Jak Snide » Wed Jan 08, 2003 2:49 pm

Jak could only roll his eyes, despite the fact that he'd have done the exact same thing for Kotoki if she'd expressed any worry.

Kotoki

Re: e_e

Unread postby Kotoki » Sat Jan 11, 2003 2:47 am

The theif's attempts were successful. Alissa rubbed her wrists ruefully, looking around for a sword. "Thank you," she said coldly.

Kotoki gave Jak a quick hug before turning to face one of the large tents where guards were congregating. Jak's magic was doing little to prevent their efforts.

A dull roar was heard from inside.

Jak Snide

Damnation!

Unread postby Jak Snide » Sat Jan 11, 2003 2:01 pm

Jak let out a small cry of rage, infuriated at the sheer number of guards. Since simple spells wouldn't be able to stop them, he'd have to "treat" them to the spells he saved for special occasions.

Raising his right hand in front of him, palm upwards, he narrowed his eyes at the congregation of soldiers, curling his fingers upwards into a claw-esq shape, a soft orange glow growing in the centre of it. The glow suddenly burst outwards, a large ball of orange flame now being held in his hand. Then, with a murderous grin, he threw the spell at the tent, fully expecting total destruction in the wake of the imminent Napalm Blast.

(Big ass fireball, ignites and coats the area with magical napalm as well.)

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

*Breaks Rule 0 >:D*

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Mon Jan 13, 2003 5:51 pm

Midoku and Stephan watched as the enraged mage began his incantation. The red glow beginning to surround his hands and body told both seasoned adventurers the same thing.

O_@ @_O "...FIRE MAGIC?!?!" They both cried out. As quickly as they could, the Dark Knight began an ice incantation, while the Blue Wizard began to cast his tidal surge-like Aqua Rake spell, hoping to keep themselves from getting scorched.

Kotoki

*rolls die*

Unread postby Kotoki » Mon Jan 13, 2003 11:19 pm

Jak's fireball hit the tent, promptly consuming the enclosure, all in it, and the surrounding area in flames. However, thanks to Stephan and Midoku's combined efforts, the fire was put out before it spread.

"..." commented Kotoki blankly, temporarily blinded by the spell.

As the steam cleared, it seemed that one object was left unconsumed- a scorched black metal box. As roars from inside grew louder, the box split open to reveal a monster.

The creature was easily twice the height of anyone in the group. The head and torso were those of a bull, but below the waist gradually became heavily muscular human legs. It had no weapon. It needed none.

"That would be the minotaur, then," commented Alissa dryly, finally finding a sword.

(Note- Because I'm lazy, I'll let this topic finish up and start a new one before the battle. Characters, start your engines. ^_^)

Jak Snide

DUH >_<

Unread postby Jak Snide » Tue Jan 14, 2003 3:20 am

Jak paused, contemplating the sheer idiocy of what he'd just done. He really hated these sewers. Mainly because it meant he'd be limited to his less powerful spells, but also because he had to keep his temper in check more than usual.

Expressing his frustration at himself and the survival of the minotaur with a few muttered curses, Jak wracked his brains to find a spell suitable for the occasion.

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

*Chooses an 'appropriate' last post* >:D

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Wed Jan 15, 2003 10:15 pm

The beast was huge, dwarfing the party standing before it. It was obvious to everyone present that if they wished to survive, it would take one thing.

Teamwork.

They would have to band together and pool their resources in order to take down the foul creature.

...that said, it should come as no surprise what the Dark Knight's next choice of words were.

>\/> "So, are we gonna beat on this thing, or let pryo boy here find other ways to get us all killed? " Stephan grumbled, sneering at the green-robed mage at Kotoki's side.

KraKeN

Re: *Chooses an 'appropriate' last post* >:D

Unread postby KraKeN » Mon Jan 20, 2003 2:20 pm

Kraken unslung his heavy crossbow and slide a poison dart into the groove carved into its top side.

Kotoki

Re: *Chooses an 'appropriate' last post* >:D

Unread postby Kotoki » Thu Jan 23, 2003 2:51 am

(Hm. The thread isn't closed. I'm confused. Did we ditch the post limit when we got a paid board?)

Jak Snide

*chuckles*

Unread postby Jak Snide » Thu Jan 23, 2003 3:33 am

(We have no post limit. Just look at Adam's RP! Image )

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

Gah! Live, RP, Live!

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Thu Jan 23, 2003 10:18 am

Midoku facepalmed under his hat at Stephan's comments, sighing and hurrying over to Kotoki before the potential violence started up. He glanced around, noticing the mercenary drawing his crossbow. It appeared a fight was inevitable.

v_V;;; "Assuming they do not harm each other beforehand, do you have any idea what we could attempt against this large creature?" he asked the Inn-Keeper, occasionally glancing over to the Dark Knight. Midoku just hoped swords and magic were not about to be crossed between his significant other and Mr. Snide, as they would need them both to stop this creature.

Edited by: FF Fanatic 80&nbsp; Image at: 1/23/03 9:19:19 am

Jak Snide

Let's go!

Unread postby Jak Snide » Thu Jan 23, 2003 4:20 pm

Jak looked back at Stephan, remaining silent for a moment. Then he grinned.

"Slay the damned beast, and we'll split the loot amongst us."

Kotoki

Don't worry. I don't let my RP die!

Unread postby Kotoki » Thu Jan 23, 2003 5:46 pm

Kotoki shook her head. "I don't think I've ever seen one of these before..." she replied, fingers tightening on her crossbow.

The monster began to move forward.

(Combat Order-

Krak
Alissa
Midoku
Stephan
Jak
Kotoki
Brandon)

KraKeN

Re: Don't worry. I don't let my RP die!

Unread postby KraKeN » Thu Jan 23, 2003 6:28 pm

Kraken lined up the monsters torso and let fly his poison dart.

Kotoki

Re: Don't worry. I don't let my RP die!

Unread postby Kotoki » Fri Jan 24, 2003 8:24 pm

The dart flew true to its aim and hit the middle of the minotaur's chest, but it merely bounced off the monster's hide. It growled and kept moving.

Alissa closed her eyes and held her sword in front of her face. In a blur of movement she was at the minotaur's side, striking at it fiercly.

When she jumped back, however, only the slightest cut was visible on the arm of the beast.

The blonde girl bit her lip and frowned.

Jak Snide

Hmm....

Unread postby Jak Snide » Sat Jan 25, 2003 1:46 pm

Jak scowled. He'd never known a creature to have this sort of resilience to attacks. Reckoning it was probably magically enhanced somehow, he wagered that a straight ice spell wouldn't do much damage to that hide either. Only one thing for it.

"Hey, Midoku! Can you slow that thing down or something?!"

It seemed like malediction magic was the order of the day.

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

Uh oh

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Tue Jan 28, 2003 11:28 am

Midoku glanced over at Mr. Snide, a mild look of panic on his face. He had heard of such magic occasionally, of course, which allowed the caster to weaken their foe in key areas.

...unfortunately, Midoku had never run across such magic.

<_>;;; ...ok... it would seems that my offensive spells will do no good... but there must be SOMETHING I can do... he wondered, thinking about all the spells he had been exposed to during his travels. Then, he recalled one. During a journey in the mountains of western Riva, he and Stephan came across a winged creature. Said creature nearly killed them, using its powerful air magic to confuse them and try to knock them off the mountain. What the creature didn't count on, however, was Midoku turning those same powers against it.

The blue wizard closed his eyes, muttering in what sounded like small grunts and tiny screaches. He raised both arms by his sides, facing the creature to complete the spell.

"AERO!!!"

He could only hope the air magic was strong enough to do something, even just a brief distraction.

Edited by: FF Fanatic 80&nbsp; Image at: 1/28/03 10:28:42 am

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

*Is Dumb*

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Wed Jan 29, 2003 11:00 am

Stephan chose to stay back and see the effect of Midoku's spell, making sure to stay close to the mage to protect him.

(OOC: I forgot it's Stephan's turn next, sorry @_@)

Kotoki

Don't worry. *pat pat*

Unread postby Kotoki » Wed Jan 29, 2003 1:04 pm

The wind spell howled towards the minotaur. The creature put its arms up as a shield, but it was a futile gesture- the magic cut small welts all over its body, and while it wasn't hugely effective it certainly seemed to be painful for the minotaur.

With a roar of pain, it charged the one responsible for its agony. Fortunately, Stephan managed to keep the attack back with his sword before the creature could touch Midoku.

Jak Snide

Re: Don't worry. *pat pat*

Unread postby Jak Snide » Wed Jan 29, 2003 1:29 pm

Jak backed up, staying the fuck away from the monster being the highest priority in his mind right now. After a few paces he moved down the list onto priority #2: stopping said monster.

He began to cast, drawing a small portion of mana up into his body, muttering a meaningless chant to facilitate the spell. He looked up at the minotaur and pointed...

(Poison)

Kotoki

Re: Don't worry. *pat pat*

Unread postby Kotoki » Fri Jan 31, 2003 4:25 pm

The minotaur's body began to glow a sickly green. The colour pulsed at random intervals. It seemed that the spell was effective- the creature growled and its eyes shifted towards Jak.

Kotoki, unsure if her crossbow would do her any good in this fight, stood in front of Jak and upped her guard. She could at least try to deflect attacks.

"Alright, then," said Brandon slowly, raising an eeybrow at the monster as he stretched his arms.

Dashing over, he gave it a left uppercut. The force of the punch threw the minotaur up slightly, and with a roar it fell to the ground. Getting up again and wiping blood from its chin, it glared viciously at Brandon.

Jak Snide

O_o!!!!

Unread postby Jak Snide » Fri Jan 31, 2003 4:36 pm

"What the hell are you doing?!"

Jak couldn't believe what she'd just done. He wasn't about to let Kotoki act as a meat shield for anyone, let alone for him.

"Get back," he said, stepping around her, "I'll be fine. Take care of yourself above everything else."

Kotoki

Heeh.

Unread postby Kotoki » Fri Jan 31, 2003 10:30 pm

Kotoki opened her mouth to protest, then closed it again and nodded. She stepped back out of the way.

Jak Snide

Hehe

Unread postby Jak Snide » Fri Jan 31, 2003 11:05 pm

Jak calmed slightly, and turned his eyes back the the monster, satisfied that his love wasn't needlessly putting herself in danger.

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

*Posts*

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Sat Feb 01, 2003 12:14 pm

The spell proved a good enough distraction, Stephan pressing against the minotaur to push himself back away from it. He turned to Midoku, a look of seriousness and concern on his face.

"You Ok?" he asked, panting a bit.

"J..Just fine..." Midoku stammered, gulping slightly in an attempt to remain calm, "This creature... it seems to be very powerful."

"Can't be THAT strong, even bard-boy there managed to clock it across the jaw." Stephan commented, Midoku sighing a bit before he attempted to explain.

"The reason he can do that, Stephan, is not due to the minotaur being weak. It is due to Brandon's heritage."

"...heri..what? What's so f#$#king special about him?" Stephan said outloud

...side from coming on you apparently...*grrrrr*... the Dark Knight growled to himself, still overreacting to the ease with which the pair spoke to one another.

"...he is descended from Berzerkers, Stephan." Midoku told him. The Dark Knight blinked a few times, looking from Brandon to Midoku, then back and forth a few more times.

"...eh?" he stammered, looking perplexed, "...meak music man's related to brawny, vein bulging, raging warriors? You gotta be @#$#@$ing kidding me."

"It would appear so from his conversation with his mother... I can only hope he can keep this up long enough to stop this beast..."

Stephan let out another sigh, glaring slightly at the bard.

e_e ...I don't care how @#$@#$ing powerful you are... I'm gonna be the one to protect Mid... not you... the Dark Knight though, turning back toward the Minotaur to keep a close watch for its actions...

Kotoki

Unread postby Kotoki » Wed Feb 05, 2003 3:12 pm

(Krak? ^_^;; )

KraKeN

Re: ...

Unread postby KraKeN » Wed Feb 05, 2003 4:07 pm

KraKeN knew he was pretty much fucked he couldn't do anything apart from illusion magic, he'd probably have to peg it if it started to come towards him.

For the now he decided he might as well have another shot at it, reloading with a normal bolt this timehe aimed and fired at the minotaurs eye.

PreviousNext

Return to Gaera Main RPs