On the Wings of Time (Closed Philsys RP)

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
Squintz Altec
Administrator

On the Wings of Time (Closed Philsys RP)

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Thu Mar 13, 2003 3:17 pm

(As I have stated before, I'm the GM, yadda yadda, Boomchucka boomchucka, and blah, blah. If you really need to know what I was going to say, just go to the first post in The Chosen One. Other than that, I just hope everyone has fun, and stuff.)

Doma, 1312 AT

The town of Folda was not very well known, despite the fact that it was only 30 minutes on a chocobo from Doma City. In fact, it wasn't really a different town, it was just a subsidiary of Doma City. They were a festive town, and they had a little party at the end of each week. One such party was going on, and there was a murmer of a mage testing out his new magical device. Even word of this had reached Doma City, and a few people had flocked there to see this. The mage had said that it would "revolutionize travel," and many wanted to see exactly what it was. Nobody had any idea, for the mage had hidden his entire mansion with nonlethal magical deterrents, and traps. It was nearly a fortress. However, the day had now come. Workers bustled about, waiting for the big hour.

Choark

Bit of an explanation of Nameless here.

Unread postby Choark » Thu Mar 13, 2003 3:56 pm

It was not to often you saw "him" wondering the streets of any town in the daylight when there were so many people around, however Nameless, a soul with the unfortunate fate of being placed in a body not of its own, if he was ever to find the meaning behind his fate must take risks.

The fact he was fully cloaked so he hid everything about himself probably drew more attention to himself then he wanted, but not as much as his true form would.

His body was different parts of demons crushed together, all expertly done so you could hardly tell expect small difference in skin colour. His head lacked the apparent skill level of whoever created the rest of his body as it was a truly hideous sight, with a snake like jaw and almost dead eyes.

It was also his fate to have no tongue, so speech was impossible for him, though he found he could understand the common language easy enough.

Scrapping his claws from there hidden sleeves across a house he looked around the many faces of the town.

A magical device that can help me travel around would be of great importance to me. I need no longer take the dangerous roads or risk being caught by mages on my travels.

Nameless did not think this, not in the normal sense. His soul was not connected to its fake body, so the thoughts of both were seperate and few souls can think in the way commonly understood.

Plus making such a thing would require great ingenuity and a sharp mind. Perhaps he would know something of me also?

Uncle Pervy

Re: On the Wings of Time (Closed Philsys RP)

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Thu Mar 13, 2003 4:01 pm

However, as a White Mage comes to town astride a bleaguered yellow chocobo, his mind really wasn't on the mage's device. Although the King had asked him to observe the demonstration, his mind was much more focused on the celebration to follow.

"Too bad Fishy didnae wanna come this time," he mutters to himself. He and Catalina had visited her before, enjoying the weekly revels when the mood caught them.

He scratches at his hair, exposed to the world along with his nekojin ears since he lost his hat in a bet with Hakaril. "Where was that damned tavern we went to last time anyways?"

Might help if tweren't so pissed then I couldn't see straight last time...

Edited by: Uncle Pervy  Image at: 3/13/03 3:07:22 pm

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Thu Mar 13, 2003 5:21 pm

A muscular, blue lizardman had also been wandering the streets. In his attire, which was a pair of dark blue, stained pants, two bracers around his wrists, and two sets of metallic claws kept at the sides of his waist, he might have looked like a clueless traveller to the casual observer. In fact, this kind of attire was normal for the lizardman in question.

Zukath had always been curious in immensely strange events. In addition, he was a big traveller as well, and had been for some time. Now, the rumor of a strange new device being tested was too much to ignore. Doma City itself had become too dull for him anyways.

He also was worried slightly about the device. This worry he shoved toward the back of his mind, however, as he realized Folda was a more festive town. Festivities were something Zukath wasn't used to, but he figured he could manage. If the mage needed someone else to test the device, Zukath figured that was even better.

Either way, he paid the most attention to the bustle of the workers. Maybe he'd figure out some things if he had heard what they were saying.

Banjooie

Unread postby Banjooie » Thu Mar 13, 2003 8:38 pm

Nagan Wilthere, Ex Third Class Wind Mage of Neo Vane, had naturally heard about this so-called device. And it was for travel? Surely it would require Wind Magic..or at least that's what he told the other Neo Vanists.

And surely those Gaerans, no matter how magically inclined they had turned and may still turn out to be, could never create something a Neo Vanist couldn't understand and improve on.

The emerald-cloaked mage quickly made his way to the crowd, smirking.

"Right! Where's the guy doing this? I demand to take part!"

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=banjooie>Banjooie</A]&nbsp; Image at: 3/13/03 7:40:11 pm

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Thu Mar 13, 2003 9:25 pm

The crowds simply bustled, ignoring Nagan, who was either crazy, drunk, or possibly a combination of both.

Pervy, however, saw that the tavern he had been to last time was still there, it wasn't too hard to find, as it was the only one in the whole town. The door said that the establishment was known as the Ferocious Pacifist, which begged the question: How the HELL did these taverns get these names?

Zukath and Nameless couldn't hear too much from the workers. Obviously, few had seen what it was, and even fewer would talk about it. Though they DID hear whispers that it was, in fact, real. It was not a farce.

Banjooie

Unread postby Banjooie » Thu Mar 13, 2003 11:09 pm

Nagan sighed.

Obviously, these people were ignoring him, because of some backwater mage who'd probably reinvented the wind riding spell...and he didn't want to waste his time on something potentially unimportant. So, he decided to force his way into the crowd to the center, heavily complaining as he did so.

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Thu Mar 13, 2003 11:18 pm

So the rumors are true... I can just imagine the look on her face now....

Zukath's curiosity grew. Now that he knew that what he had heard was true, he felt he HAD to get involved.

But first, this 'gathering' of people was his focus. Quickly checking to see if anyone was giving him strange looks, he then went looking for somewhere the people would most likely gather to talk, among other things.

(OOC: I'll let you determine what kind of place he ends up at.)

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Thu Mar 13, 2003 11:34 pm

Nagan pushed his way to the center.

"Hey, jackass!"

"Jerk!"

"Fucker!"

"Go home, wacko!"

Those were but a few of the lovely things he heard as he got to the center. Though he did get there, eventually. He was greeted with the sight of a large device, well, at least he thought so. The fact it was covered with a white sheet kind of made telling impossible.

Zukath found himself in the town square shortly. There were a great many people talking, and laughing, and enjoying themselves. A person was selling a new treat. Somehow, they had learned that if you took the cream from milk, and kept it frozen, added some flavorings, and mushed it up, it was quite tasty, and it sold quickly. However, besides this "frozen cream," there wasn't much going on in the term of gossip.

Banjooie

Unread postby Banjooie » Thu Mar 13, 2003 11:42 pm

Nagan chuckled at the insults. Fools. Now, he'd respect someone in Doma City doing this, but some backwater town which happened to have residents who had lots of excuses to get drunk a lot? HA!

Anyway, on to more important things, of course. The thing under the sheet. Naturally, it had to run on Wind Magic or something similar....

He astrally looked at it. He wouldn't see a damned thing that wasn't Wind, but if it was there...

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=banjooie>Banjooie</A]&nbsp; Image at: 3/13/03 10:45:41 pm

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Thu Mar 13, 2003 11:49 pm

Nagan saw quickly that it was not related to wind magic, at all. Whatever it was, it was something different. He noticed a man with a long white beard standing near the sheet. He seemed to be...protecting it.

Banjooie

Unread postby Banjooie » Thu Mar 13, 2003 11:52 pm

Nagan sensed harder. There wasn't a damned smack of it! Not ONE?! Now this was obviously lunacy. He looked at the man.

"Making a travel device without the use of Wind Magic?! You're insane! No rational person would do that! That's...just...just...just...not RIGHT!"

He pulled a pen and paper from his robes, and readied himself for whatever cockamimie explanation the guy had.

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Thu Mar 13, 2003 11:55 pm

The lack of gossip was something Zukath hadn't counted on. He liked the rumors that he had gotten - basically, strangers were basically what his livelihood depended on.

He was intrigued by the "frozen cream". Plus, he hadn't had anything to eat rather recently, so probably a small snack would help him.

He made his way through the crowd towards where the "frozen cream" was being sold. He remembered that he still had a little money left with him for things like this...

(OOC: How much, you ask? I'm going to say he's probably carrying about fifteen gil right now - in any event, he carries around very little at a time.)

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Thu Mar 13, 2003 11:55 pm

The man looked back at Nagan. "Wind magic is for the birds." With that, he turned away, and smiled. He knew how to keep a secret.

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Thu Mar 13, 2003 11:59 pm

The man smiled at Zukath. "Lizardman? Don't see them too often 'round here. Can I interest you in some frozen cream? It comes in two flavors: Dragonale and chocolate. Only five gil, it's a steal!" He flashed a winning smile.

Banjooie

Unread postby Banjooie » Fri Mar 14, 2003 12:13 am

Nagan's eyes narrowed. Ohhh....insanity was one thing, but insulting wind magic? Now he HAD to sign up, just to show this....this....this...there wasn't a word bad enough...

"Right, then. Soon as you show it off, I'm volunteering!"

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Fri Mar 14, 2003 12:18 am

The man looked at Nagan. "Then, consider yourself signed up." He produced a paper from his robes. "Sign here, and be here when I unveil this. You won't be sorry, I promise."

Banjooie

Unread postby Banjooie » Fri Mar 14, 2003 12:19 am

Nagan nodded.

"Right..this won't involve deities and/or world saving correct?"

He also read down the paper to be sure of what exactly this entailed..

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Fri Mar 14, 2003 12:19 am

Zukath knew the so-called "unfamiliarity phrase" rather well. He had heard it at least half a dozen times before, if not more often on his travels. His own response, therefore, probably sounded like it could have been overused, but it was one that was likely.

"Yeah, you don't see us too often in other places. And-" ...Zukath slightly nodded his head here... "-I'll have some frozen cream. Chocolate, please." With that, Zukath pulled out five gil, counting them in his left hand and handing it over.

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Fri Mar 14, 2003 12:23 am

The man took the gil, and handed him a small bowl filled with the frozen cream. "You here for the show? I hear it's going to be a doozy, that it is. And I hear that he's still collecting volunteers for the show. I'd love to be one of them, but I'm stuck here." his smile faltered. "But at least I get paid."

Nagan saw that it was a general medical release. If he signed, he couldn't ask for money if something went wrong. Nothing else was really up with it. It was what it looked like.

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Fri Mar 14, 2003 12:31 am

Zukath turned his head slightly while the bowl was in his hand. "If you're talkin' about the device, yeah, I came for that."

He then started to consume the frozen cream, all the while looking for any indications of the 'device' he had heard of.

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Fri Mar 14, 2003 12:47 am

"There's th' bloody thing!" Pervy says, as he guides the Chocobo over toward it.

Said chocobo does not comply too well, as Pervy's idea of guiding it is not exactly what other riders idea of such would be. The avian balks, naturally, prompting the Captain to repond "Move it! Get any slower an' ye'll get barnacles, ye Damned useless overgrown gull!"

With much cursing and strained "Warks!" and "Kwehs!", The Chocobo gets to the Hitching post, where Pervy ties it,then walks inside, heading toward the bar.

Banjooie

Unread postby Banjooie » Fri Mar 14, 2003 1:20 am

Nagan looked it over.
"Yes, yes, right, right. o.o All well and good."
He signed with a flourish.
"Now gimme the time and date so I can prove you're a damned fool for not using Wind Magic."

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Fri Mar 14, 2003 1:26 am

Kelne prowled the town streets, observing the scene with interest. He'd been drawn here by the rumours of some 'revolutionary' new form of transportation.

If it worked, it could well shave quite some time off his intended trip. 'If' being the operative word, of course... Still, there was likely to be a bit more time to kill before the demonstration. What to do...

Choark

You all post a weird times XP

Unread postby Choark » Fri Mar 14, 2003 5:15 am

Despite how much he hated the idea Nameless reasoned that the best place to find where this device was, was probably where the largest number of people had gathered.

Moving carefully and thoughtfully, Nameless made his way through the town, doing whatever he could not to draw attention to himself and taking care to avoid any person who had the look of selling something or who would suddenly talk to him.

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=choark>Choark</A]&nbsp; Image at: 3/14/03 4:28:57 am

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Fri Mar 14, 2003 4:16 pm

Pervy found that the bar in question was still a place full of cheerful drunkards, who obviously were going to be a little bit of trouble later on down the line. The special today was Folda Rum, which had the taste of water, but enough alcohol to make it not matter quickly. Pervy could also hear people shouting what they thought this travel device would be.

"I bet it's a flying machine!"

"You're lying. It's a thing that goes on land!"

The two drunks began arguing again, this time slurring their voices to the point of non-recognition.

Nameless found himself drawn to the great gaggle of people off in a corner. Obviously, this was where the presentation was later. A large white sheet was draped over something that could only be assumed to be the contraption. Zukath could also see this, with him not being too far away from it.

The man turned to Nagan. "Today, and in a half hour. So just sit tight."

Choark

Unread postby Choark » Fri Mar 14, 2003 4:30 pm

Finding a suitable spot where he was away from as many people as posible but could still see what was happening in the "show", Nameless waited. He couldn't small talk with people even if he wanted to, so he just stood there, watching.

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Fri Mar 14, 2003 4:49 pm

Making his way toward the bar, Pervy tosses a couple gil on the counter and says, "Rum, Matey."

Flicking an ear involuntarily, he asks the tender, "Where's that mage testin' out 'is magic at, anyhow? Like t' see that in action."

In his pocket, he feels something moving a little. He grins inwardly, happy that Ushyu is waking from her little nap. "Ye got any carrots, by th' way?" Pervy adds.

Edited by: Uncle Pervy&nbsp; Image at: 3/14/03 3:50:26 pm

Nakibe
Lady Malix wills your demise!

Unread postby Nakibe » Fri Mar 14, 2003 4:50 pm

Through the doors peered a somewhat tall-ish youth with brownish-hair, and the sort of curiosity that you'd find in someone who was pretty new to the area. Alash Narstrand looked at the regulars of the place, and the condition of it and thought to himself Almost like home. 'cept where're the ladies at?

With enjoyment on his mind and a song in his heart from an otherwise uneventful morning, he made his way towards the counter, smiling all the way.

Banjooie

Unread postby Banjooie » Fri Mar 14, 2003 6:32 pm

Nagan nodded, and decided to talk it over with the Neo Vanists. The Neo Vanic council had instituted a mental link between them. Essentially, whenever anyone wasn't doing anything important, they'd let their minds connect to the little focus steel ball they happened to have in their house, and it allowed them to think freely, and they'd all hear it. Anyone who didn't want to be linked simply just didn't link themselves.
Nagan:Right, the guy's claiming it doesn't use Wind Magic.
Jinto: Well, whaddaya doing, get out of there!
Fenron: What? Leave? I wanna know what the crackpot thinks he's gonna do!
Pelos: Hm..Nagan, have you actually found anything worthwhile in Gaera yet? I know Hzar did...I know..well, we all know what Meld-OW MELDON STOP THAT WITH THE PAIN AND
Meldon: ...Anyway. You're the only one who hasn't found anything particularly interesting. Yinnea closed her link for some reason, I'm assuming it's because she's too busy talking to people, so...
Hzar: Go do it already.
Nagan: Not like I have a choice, guys. I signed a contract.
Diran: ...WHAT?!
Nagan: ...Diran, it was just a medical release.
Diran: Fine, fine. Just make sure it isn't anything like mine.
Nagan: I'm not an IDIOT, Diran.
Diran: ...
Nagan: ...Anyway. Just in case something does go wrong, I'm staying off the link for a while. I'll come back if need be.

He mentally removed himself from the Neo Vanic link, and chuckled.
"Well, sir, why don't you explain a little bit more about this revolutionary thing I'll be riding in?

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=banjooie>Banjooie</A]&nbsp; Image at: 3/14/03 5:46:48 pm

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Fri Mar 14, 2003 8:39 pm

There were two possibilities as he saw it - spend the time in the bar, or find himself a good spot to observe the proceedings. A good spot it was, then.

It didn't take him long to find his way to the center of attention. Given the cover draped over the whatever-it-was, the creator was obviously going for a sense of the dramatic. Fair enough, really. There were certainly a wide variety of people here expecting a show of some kind.

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Fri Mar 14, 2003 9:30 pm

That's the device, isn't it?

This thought ran quickly through Zukath's mind once he saw what he had assumed to be the 'device' that he had been told of. And he somehow knew that this was what he had been told about. Just WHAT it was left Zukath clueless. But he felt he HAD to know.

Finishing the frozen cream quickly, Zukath walked closer to what he assumed to be the device, the bowl that had held the frozen cream still in his hand. He studied it from a distance, near the back of the crowds that were closest to it, trying to think of a guess at just what kind of device this was.

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Fri Mar 14, 2003 11:18 pm

The bartender poured a rum, and smiled at Pervy. "Well, he's got a nice sized space near the town square. He's going to be showing it off soon, so drink up fast." He looked under the bar, and pulled up a tray of assorted veggies. "Is this good?"

Meanwhile, Alash got a few odd looks, but nothing major. He overheard the same things that the others did.

The mage turned to Nagan. "All will be revealed in...twenty five minutes."

Zukath, Kelne, and Nameless simultaneously spotted a man standing next to another man in a flamboyant costume. They could only assume one of them was the creator.

Nakibe

Unread postby Nakibe » Fri Mar 14, 2003 11:26 pm

"Yup. Definitely seems like home." chirped Alash happily as he sat down for a relaxing Drink. "'ey Bartender. What's goin on here, some kinda show or something? Oh, and couldya get me somethin light to start things off?" Setting about how much gil he was expecting to pay on the countertop, he settled down for a bit of town gossip and hearsay.

Choark

Unread postby Choark » Fri Mar 14, 2003 11:27 pm

Nameless watched both of them, wondering which one it could be. It would hopefully be easier to tell when the whole thing started up. Well he wasn't going to do much until then so he waited onwards for the show.

The only other thing he had to worry about was one that had plauged him for so long. How was he going to ask the questios he needs answers for if this man was indeed somehow linked to his past?

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Fri Mar 14, 2003 11:27 pm

The bartender turned to Alash. "Haven't you heard? There's a man who said he created some new way of travel. It's a big thing, and he's showing it off in about twenty or so minutes." He slid a beer over to Alash. "I'm closing shop for a bit so I can see it too, so drink up."

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Fri Mar 14, 2003 11:34 pm

The bland-cape wearing mage stood on top of a box, and shouted.

"I STILL NEED MORE VOLUNTEERS!" He waved his hands, trying to get attention.

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Fri Mar 14, 2003 11:36 pm

Zukath's guess never really came to him, as the sight of the two men had distracted his attention.

He slowly made his way towards the man in the flamboyant costume, taking a guess that he was the creator. His curiosity showed prominently in his face... as well as in the first thought that escaped his mind and came out of his mouth.

"So this is the device I've heard rumors about..."

Nakibe

Unread postby Nakibe » Fri Mar 14, 2003 11:37 pm

"Can't be THAT big, can it?" said Alash, now getting started on his beer. "I mean, there've been enough harebrained mages through the ages, and those.. umm.. what're they called? Etineers? Ah, well. What makes this'un so special that it does more than the others, eh?"

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Fri Mar 14, 2003 11:40 pm

The bartender thought for a second. "No idea. This one's just hyped better." He went back to polishing the bartop, getting ready to shut the place down. The random drunks started to laugh, and stumble out of the room.

Next

Return to Gaera Main RPs