On the Wings of Time (Closed Philsys RP)

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Re: Even though they're gone, he'll still do it.

Unread postby Kelne » Fri Apr 04, 2003 7:37 am

Kelne simply nodded. As he'd expected ever since hearing that there'd only been one missile, the plan remained essentially unchanged, save that magic was no longer confined to an absolute last resort.

What he hadn't expected was for Phoenix to give up her position of leadership so easily. Or had she? Should things go badly wrong, the blame would now fall squarely on the newcomers.

With a shrug, he set aside such thoughts. If things went badly wrong, blame would be the least of his difficulties. "The plan remains basically sound then," he said, "Some means of communication between the groups would be useful. Telepathy will do at a pinch, but I'm sure we'd all prefer something a little less reliant upon one person."

Banjooie

Unread postby Banjooie » Fri Apr 04, 2003 11:51 am

Nagan chuckled.
"Indeed. Wish I could make a focus for us like I used to..no, I _will_ have with the Neo Vanists again, but...I ain't Pelos, sorry. That was Light Magic. Anyway..."

He looked around the car.
"Who's going on the showoffy thing now? Because we need to decide whether we're going for a haunting or divine retribution, or what. I need to set up stuff, after all."

Uncle Pervy

Nagan: I am the Mysterious Chicken. Fear my strange powers!

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Fri Apr 04, 2003 1:47 pm

Pervy thought about what Kelne and Nagan said for a moment. 'If it's all we got, Kelne, we'll just have t' make it work. Hell, I didnae even think we'd have any mindspeakers t' work wit'. Didnae know you could do that."

Otherwise ye wouldn't have suggested it.

He then looks to Nagan, and says, "A hauntin' sounds right. Spirits o' th' vengeful dead mages an' slaughtered folk comin' back t' get 'em. Just be sure t' wait til after they blow th' gate up, no need t' flub that up."

The pirate grins, then says, 'And I know just th' bead fer ye t' invoke. Phoenix! Twas th' name o' that town Relti blew up yesterday?"

Edited by: Uncle Pervy  Image at: 4/4/03 3:16:04 pm

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Fri Apr 04, 2003 2:17 pm

Zukath knew he was still going with the plan. He would be glad when Pervy went on the sneaking team, as Pervy, in his eyes, had constantly antagonized Phoenix and, worse of all, insulted Zukath's own intellect.

Normally, he could tolerate a calm dislike of hiding facts. Hell, Zukath would have done the same if everyone had just been calm about it. However, he had watched Pervy constantly berating Phoenix and mistrusting her. The edge of it had come when Pervy started yelling the moment Phoenix brought up the mention of there being only one missile. Zukath pondered this.

Pervy's such an imbecile. He totally misinterpreted what I said about holding back grudges. What I had MEANT was that the bickering was meaningless and that he needed to be more considerate. If he even cares about getting out of this whole mess alive, he's got a lot of making-up to do. Honestly, someone as LOUDMOUTHED and RUDE as him simply won't survive against Relti and the rest of them without me there to save his ass. ....wait, what if I made it up to him first? What if I proved to him I wasn't stupid? Yeah, that'll be the way I show him.

Zukath looked on, letting out a low sigh.

Banjooie

Re: Nagan: I am the Mysterious Chicken. Fear my strange powe

Unread postby Banjooie » Fri Apr 04, 2003 3:27 pm

Nagan nodded, and looked at Zukath. He tilted his head one way, and then the other.
"I'll need a lot of meat, chimes, and makeup. And to be honest, I'd like this to be a multiday affair, because we can wear down their resistance. But if we can't, I suppose I can make do.

Oh, and I'll have to ensure the sneaking team at least look somewhat wraithly. If you guys're spotted, and I've done my job right, it'll be easier for you to get off a shot."

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Fri Apr 04, 2003 3:43 pm

Zukath listened to what Nagan was saying. Spooking the camp's guards out... well, he knew he was leaving the tactics to Nagan now, if this was the kind of plan the Neo Vane mage was thinking of. Zukath wasn't one for tactics at all, and he knew it.

He simply chuckled - anyone paying close attention would know he was chuckling at what Nagan was saying. He liked it, but was unsure of it all the same - this latter part he was trying to hide.

Well, this will be a first. Making me look like I've been killed by the Reltians and - this ties in PERFECTLY.

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Fri Apr 04, 2003 3:56 pm

Phoenix thought for a second. "Elbam. Elbam is the name. And if you need to communicate, that's not a problem. Just use walkie-talkies. No magic required, and they're pretty simple to use."

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Fri Apr 04, 2003 4:22 pm

"Walkie Talkies..." Pervy repeats, "How d' they work?"

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:04 pm

"It's kind of complicated. And if you really ARE from the past, I probably shouldn't tell you. It's all very paradoxical, if you think about it. Just trust me on this. They're little black boxes that you talk into, and they send the sound to another black box. That's all you need to know."

Banjooie

Unread postby Banjooie » Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:16 pm

Nagan finished formulating the plan in his head.
"Hm, I'm sure I can make a fairly booming voice with my magic. So what needs to happen is that we'll make Zukath look like a bloody mess, leave him in front of the front gates on his back. Once it goes off, I do something to the effect of "Your time for reckoning has arrived." When they rush out the door, I knock 'em straight on their asses, and Zukath leaps up screeching like a damned madman. Meanwhile, you guys will have gotten in another way. Cancel that idea of making Group B look like the dead, because we'd have to convince each mage we weren't going to kill him. I daresay between me and Zukath, and whatever the hell else I could rustle up, I could at least keep 'em occupied entirely for an hour or two. And if I go down on this..."

He took a deep breath. "Tell the Neo Vanists to get good ol' Ginny back from Neo Vane. She's a fairly good Wind Mage herself, and it'll keep the eight up."

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:43 pm

"Good enough, I suppose," Kelne said, nodding to Phoenix. He smiled slightly at the prospect of Nagan haunting the guards. Give the mage something flamboyant to do and he wouldn't disappoint. It was a pity he wouldn't be around to see the looks on the guards' faces...

Choark

Unread postby Choark » Fri Apr 04, 2003 7:23 pm

Nameless stood in his cell and thought about what had happened. He had been transported to someplace far away, or at least to a place he had never been. There was a huge wepon of destruction and....

... Well he had gone off looking for the owner. Perhaps it wasn't the best course of action for him to take. He should have at least learned about the area first, but all those people had been killed.

Also, it was a pure evil act and Nameless truly believed there was not that many evil people in this world. Those with dark souls as it were. He was sure if he somehow managed to track each one down he came across he would somehow find out about himself.

But he was now in a cell, and it was time to deal with that. His cell mate was probably getting frustrated at him for not answering back but that couldn't be helped at all.

Once again he brandished his claws and swiped at the cell door bars. If nothing else it may catch the guards eyes.

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Fri Apr 04, 2003 8:54 pm

Nameless' strikes once again hit the metal, and nicked it. They were made of pretty powerful stuff.

"I must admire your determination, but you're not going to get through. Maybe if you were a DEMON..." he chuckled, enjoying the thought.

Choark

Unread postby Choark » Fri Apr 04, 2003 9:02 pm

Nameless sighed and the joke was perhaps on his cell mate here, or was it him?, cause he was a demon of sorts and couldn't even break free.

Should he show him? Would there be any point?

However, the man couldn't do anything, and Nameless had a feeling that if the man screamed the guards may come looking in. Besides, it may be different this time, not ever man he had met wanted to kill him right away.

With a slow movement, Nameless removed the hood and turned to face his cell mate. It was probably about to get intresting.

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Fri Apr 04, 2003 10:09 pm

The man looked up for a second, eyeing Nameless. If he was disgusted, he didn't show it. Instead, he had a sort of "I've been THERE before" look on him.

"Hn. Well, that says why you don't talk much..." he noted, ironicly.

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Fri Apr 04, 2003 10:34 pm

Zukath kept looking on, simply listening to what Nagan was saying. He was liking this plan more and more.

Lifting his hands to about chest height, Zukath started doing something that tended to be a bad habit of his. He slowly stretched his fingers, using his hands to force the fingers to move different ways. That's right, simple knuckle-cracking. He didn't understand how he'd picked up this habit... and he only seemed to do it when he was completely bored.

This boredom despite the fact that he had something he could like.

Choark

Unread postby Choark » Sat Apr 05, 2003 11:56 am

Nameless nodded his head. In fact he was very pleased that the guy didn't "freak out", though was a little suspisous. Knowing that for the moment he had little he could do he rested by leaning against the wall and took off his cloak, there was little point in wearing it in here now and he got little satifaction boiling inside it.

So what should he do now? Wait he supposed. He looked to his cell mate and looked him over, wondering who he had been placed with.

Banjooie

Unread postby Banjooie » Sat Apr 05, 2003 8:07 pm

Nagan blinked.
"Now, what we have left to figure out is how the hell Group B is going to get INTO the base, hm?"

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Sat Apr 05, 2003 8:10 pm

Phoenix thought. "How about the back door? I mentioned something about that, but it's not that well guarded. Well, if Group A does its job, it won't."

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Sat Apr 05, 2003 8:58 pm

"What's th' back door used fer that th' Front ain't?" Pervy asks.

One thing he had learn though Guard duty and jail breaks is that one shouldn't have more than one entryway to a fortification. And if it had more than one...

"Did th' place used t' be somethin' else?" Pervy adds after a moment.

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Sat Apr 05, 2003 9:37 pm

"Not to my knowledge. However, I believe that it's not really a back door, per se. However, if you set off a distraction like you're planning, they'll draw troops from that entrance and move them to the other end. Hence, we get a "back door" in." Phoenix nodded.

Uncle Pervy

I like pink bunnies

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Sat Apr 05, 2003 9:40 pm

"Right," the Pirate replies, as he settles in to wait for the time to come.

Edited by: pd Rydia  Image at: 4/5/03 8:48:03 pm

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Sat Apr 05, 2003 9:54 pm

"I'm ready to go whenever. Just make sure the plan is set, and we can gather up supplies and go for it." Phoenix seemed a lot more confident, now that she didn't have to worry about command.

Divinegon2130

Re: I like pink bunnies

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Sat Apr 05, 2003 9:57 pm

Zukath had waited for this cue. He was also eager to go with this plan.

"I'm also ready whenever."

Then something started to nag Zukath. It was the whole thing on being so dumb earlier. He felt some regret for acting so poorly.

"Sorry for being idiotic and hard on you earlier, Pervy... just happened to hit a peeve of mine with the sudden outburst. Probably wouldn't have acted like I did if I didn't think you were berating her."

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Sun Apr 06, 2003 12:54 am

"Dun worry 'bout it," Pervy answers. "Twas bein' a might hard 'bout what we couldnae change no how."

I should be getting drunk wit' Fishy right 'bout now... he meditates a bit glumly as he gives the cabbit in his lap one of the carrots in his pocket. His stomach rumbles a little, reminding him that he hasn't had a decent meal in awhile, either.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Sun Apr 06, 2003 1:04 am

"I'd say the plan's pretty much finalised," Kelne said, "We just need to get the equipment sorted and familiarise ourselves with the place's layout."

(OOC: Unfortunately, I'm going to be away for the next couple of weeks, though I'll be back over the weekend.)

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Sun Apr 06, 2003 7:55 pm

Phoenix nodded, then pulled a map out of her backpack. She handed it to Pervy. "Here's a map of this compound. Also inside is a map of the compound that we're going up against. I figure that you can do something with this. I'm going to go do some other things now. I'll check back in...about an hour, then we move out. Is that okay?"

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Sun Apr 06, 2003 8:11 pm

"Right then," Pervy says, taking the map and studying it with every ounce of navigation training Ol' Hawkin's gave him.

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Sun Apr 06, 2003 8:21 pm

On the map of the compound, he noted that they were currently in the center. The compound was arranged in a square, with the less important rooms out on the outside, such as the barracks and the encylopedia. The more important rooms, such as the control center, and the warping station were in the center, and had hefty defenses, even if he didn't quite understand what they meant. Also, he could note that the compound was located in the Shuman Mountains.

The other map showed the target. There were two entrances: One at the north, and one at the South. It was a pretty nice sized compound. There were about 64 cells, and 1/4 of them were made for mages. The field that kept magic eliminated was created my a machine, the building that housed the machine was heavily guarded, that he could figure, and was in the center of the mage cells. The mage cells were in the center of the normal cells. Thinking back, it made sense that there were two entrances, as one was located closer to Relti Capitol, and the other was more easily accessible to the guards that prowled Nations One, Two and Four.

Uncle Pervy

The guns shouldn't have Safeties. At all

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Sun Apr 06, 2003 8:36 pm

"Right, if we blow up this fucker 'ere," Pervy says, pointing to the machine in the Relti Compound, "That'll free up th' mages. That means they can help us out."

He studied the map a little more, looking for the fastest route to that machine; relative to each way in. Also, he ascertained which was the front door, and which was the back. Once that was done, he checked for the least hazardous route. It would fall upon the second group to deal with the machine, he was sure.

Banjooie

Unread postby Banjooie » Sun Apr 06, 2003 9:00 pm

Nagan looked as well.
"Alright, I'll have to throw something in about 'Blasphemous machine of spirit-killing' somewhere."

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Re: The guns shouldn't have Safeties. At all

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Mon Apr 07, 2003 1:21 pm

A man walked up to the group. "Can I help you?"

Banjooie

...Nagan wants his mad l00t

Unread postby Banjooie » Mon Apr 07, 2003 1:41 pm

Nagan looked to the man.
"That would depend. Are you capable of getting me about half a cow's worth of meat, mage robes that look like this that I can tear to rags, and make this quarterstaff into a gun, preferably so that it can also shoot some sort of sparkly material alongside a bullet?"

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Mon Apr 07, 2003 1:47 pm

The man thought for a second. "I can do everything but the robes."

Uncle Pervy

Re: ...Nagan wants his mad l00t

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Mon Apr 07, 2003 2:32 pm

"Ye got bathrobes 'r spare cloth?" Pervy asks, not looking up from the map as he tried to find the best route.

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Mon Apr 07, 2003 3:19 pm

The man nodded. "Ah, I can do that."

Pervy saw that the best path through the compound was almost right down the center. There was, however, an alternate route. It was slower, but it looked to be less inhabited, at least on the map. It involved cutting into the kitchen area, then through there, which led to an unused barracks (the map read "Marked for Demolition"), and into the mage cell area from there.

Uncle Pervy

It's l3wt you dumbass! L3WT! PH4T L3WT TO BE PRECISE!!11!!!

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Mon Apr 07, 2003 3:27 pm

"Right, I say we take th' back way," Pervy mentions, tracing the alternate route with his finger. "It'll take us through th' kitchen 'ere, I dun imagine that'll be guarded much. Then though some empty barracks; after that's one o' them mage cells. Methinks they'll be a few guards, but not so many as headin' straight in. 'Specially if Nagan an' Zukath do their jobs just right..."

Ushyu, in cabbit form on the table, sniffs at the map a bit, intrigued by how the ink smells compared to the books that Pervy has been researching as of late in the castle library.

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Mon Apr 07, 2003 8:08 pm

The rest of the day proceeded normally, well, at least as normally as one could expect a day like this to go. The man took Nagan's staff, and in front of him began to modify it.

He fiddled around, and though Nagan couldn't tell what he was doing, it seemed to make sense. At the end, he held it up. Nagan's staff now had a golden hook at the end, with a small button embedded in it. The man showed Nagan how to load it, and let him practice. Pushing the button let out the bullet.

Phoenix returned later. "I hope you all get a good night's sleep..we're all ready."

Uncle Pervy

Re: It's l3wt you dumbass! L3WT! PH4T L3WT TO BE PRECISE!!11

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Mon Apr 07, 2003 8:28 pm

"Just get us th' best meal ye got," Pervy says, "We've not eaten proper fer awhile, aye? Then I'll make sure we got all th' details in Group A worked out."

Nakibe
Lady Malix wills your demise!

HAH. In MY day guns didn't HAVE safeties.

Unread postby Nakibe » Mon Apr 07, 2003 8:30 pm

Alash looked more than a tad grumpy. "Well, 'spose that depends on your definition of 'good', doesn't it?" Alash looked around at the load of stuff that he honestly couldn't recognize. He DESPERATELY wanted to know what half of it was, but after what Phoenix said earlier, he wasn't sure that would be a good idea.

Hmm... Phoenix... there's an interesting person, Alash thought to himself. "Hey, Phoenix. What drove you to do all this, huh?"

PreviousNext

Return to Gaera Main RPs