On the Wings of Time (Closed Philsys RP)

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
Uncle Pervy

Re: ..

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Tue Apr 01, 2003 12:04 am

"Right," PErvy says, "So, what kind o' help can we be expectin' from yer Spies?"

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Tue Apr 01, 2003 2:31 am

Kelne also hopped in the car, having helped himself to several clips of ammunition. "Pervy, if we all go with the stealth group, it defeats the purpose. I don't think Nagan has a stealthy bone in his body, and Zukath is a bit too dragon-like to be overlooked if we have to talk our way past anyone." From Kelne's tone, he fully expected to be on the stealth group, if not in charge of it.

Banjooie

Unread postby Banjooie » Tue Apr 01, 2003 2:47 am

Nagan nodded.
"I like the plan wherein it has me looking dramatic and scaring the shit out of people. Really, I do."

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Tue Apr 01, 2003 3:18 am

"I rest my case."

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Tue Apr 01, 2003 5:40 pm

Zukath agreed more with Kelne in this case. He decided that he should add more to it, though.

"And besides, I know for a fact that I don't really sneak around that well. But there's one thing I want to know. What is it, besides maybe the scales, that makes everyone think I'm a dragon all of a sudden?"

Back in Doma I never got treated as if I were a dragon... whether for better or for worse... why do I have to be considered special here?

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Tue Apr 01, 2003 5:52 pm

"Aye..." Pervy agrees, "Nagan, Zukath. Ye kids are gonna hafta hide real well til they hit th' front gate an' blow it up."

He then glances and Alash and asks, "Where do ye stand?"

Banjooie

Unread postby Banjooie » Tue Apr 01, 2003 7:19 pm

Nagan sighed.
"Damnit, can I at _LEAST_ use magic on the way out so that they nuke the camp? I mean, it'd keep them from putting mages inside..."

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Tue Apr 01, 2003 8:08 pm

"There're people in that Camp we need t' save, shingus," Pervy says to Nagan. "An' there's a good change wecan get them t' surrender if we do this right. So settle yer arse down."

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Tue Apr 01, 2003 9:41 pm

Phoenix drove the car personally this time. She wasn't a great driver, but she was in a hurry. They moved much faster this time around. "Okay, we're going to spend the night over in a small town that's also a base camp. Then, the next day, we'll go through with it."

She turned her head for a second, and looked at Pervy. "Our spies say that now is the best time to strike. If we lose our chance..."

Banjooie

Unread postby Banjooie » Tue Apr 01, 2003 9:55 pm

Nagan sighed.
"...Y'know, noone has any respect for the proper ways of doing things anymore, I swear...fine, we'll go with the sneaking around bit."

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Tue Apr 01, 2003 9:57 pm

"No, you're going to be in Group A. I can't let you sneak around, since you seem to enjoy blowing things up. That's not very stealthy, do you think?" Phoenix kept her eyes on the ground in front of her.

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Tue Apr 01, 2003 11:10 pm

Just from the sound of him, Nagan would be a disaster trying to sneak around.... Then again, I'm no better at it, so I can't complain.... I hate this sometimes.

Zukath, knowing what could happen if he spoke this aloud, stayed quiet. He wasn't into bursting people's egos, but if they only learned to control them....

Zukath's disillusionment at the harshness he was going to face very soon showed again.

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Tue Apr 01, 2003 11:47 pm

The Captain was still waiting for Alash to answer, while petting the cabbit in his lap.

Also, he was more than a little concerned about just how fast they were moving. He had been in airships that were capable of similair speeds. But that was in the air, where there are not many things to smash into.

And the turns didn't do a whole lot for him, either.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Wed Apr 02, 2003 12:03 am

"To be honest with you, Zukath," Kelne said, "I think the scales are enough to do it in this day and age. It's not like many people have a basis for comparison. I wouldn't think anyone in the army would even bother to take a close look."

"Now, a question for you, Phoenix. Why is now the ideal time to strike? I like to know these things."

Banjooie

Unread postby Banjooie » Wed Apr 02, 2003 12:25 am

Nagan threw his hands up in the air.
"Is it my fault? I've got _Wind_ magic. I move quickly. I can run fast with robes. I can create gusts of wind. I don't blow stuff up usually."

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Wed Apr 02, 2003 12:32 am

"You threw the kingdom into an uproar. When you guys got zapped in or whatever, you created magical energies strong enough for them to launch MISSLES. Now, they only had one of them. We were planning to attack, but the constant threat of being attacked by a missle was too much for us to risk it. Now, however...well, it's the best time to strike. If THIS goes well..." she trailed off, but soon the car slowed. "Okay, everyone off. I've got some stuff to do, but Henry here can show you to your rooms."

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Wed Apr 02, 2003 1:09 am

"And you didn't think to mention they only had one of those things before? That perhaps it might factor into our planning?" Kelne didn't even try to contain his annoyance. For starters it tells me we're dealing with idiots here. If you only have one of something like that, you use it as a deterrent. Which it seems to have been quite good at. "Are there any other little details you might be inclined to mention in passing?"

Banjooie

Even though they're gone, he'll still do it.

Unread postby Banjooie » Wed Apr 02, 2003 1:11 am

Nagan slapped his forehead. Then sighed.
"...Guys, I dunno if you're still around, even as ghosts, but..."

He looked up to the sky.
"TWENTY, DAMNIT! TWENTY!"
He could almost hear the thirties and forty-fives reverberate in his mind. And Jinto, the optimistic one, with his hour and one half.

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=banjooie>Banjooie</A]&nbsp; Image at: 4/2/03 12:12:19 am

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Wed Apr 02, 2003 1:35 am

"Aye, ye could have said it a lot fuckin' sooner!" Pervy declares, "Hell, could have come up wit' a better way t' get us alll in! Th' hell didn't ye say so sooner, ye shit-brained tart?! Are ye tryin' t' fail? Cuz th' way ye lead, it ain't no wonder Relti took over so fuckin' easy!"

Banjooie

Re: Even though they're gone, he'll still do it.

Unread postby Banjooie » Wed Apr 02, 2003 1:42 am

Nagan hmmed.
"Y'know, I'm really tempted just to shoot her in the face right here, and we can go back to my plan of just stealing stuff from cities until we can crash Relti's party. Really, I am. Because see, I know we Neo Vanists aren't ones for strategies that are subtle, but...this isn't subtlety, this is IDIOCY!"

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Wed Apr 02, 2003 4:08 pm

Zukath looked to the others, specifically Nagan and Pervy. Kelne seemed to be a little more calm, but these two were just being absurd.

"Listen, guys. I know how much you don't like her hiding details, but can't you just CALM DOWN?!?" Not liking the fact that both of them suddenly seemed to hate Phoenix for not talking sooner, Zukath added, "If you guys want to bicker, fine. But not around Phoenix."

Zukath hastily got out of the car. He was furious.

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Wed Apr 02, 2003 4:24 pm

"Because she's tryin' t' get us killed bein' stupid," Pervy says to Zukath.

Banjooie

Unread postby Banjooie » Wed Apr 02, 2003 5:26 pm

Nagan slapped his forehead.
"Let's look at the facts here.
One, we came out of nowhere. We could easily be working for Relti. She bought it as soon as we said offworlders.
Two, she acted as if they had millions of these missiles. We could be causing some serious damage right now.
Three, she makes up some cockamimie plan to save a camp out of absolutely nowhere, when what we should be doing is sabotaging the military strength.
Four, she wants to be on the team that won't talk to the mages, which is absolutely ridiculous.
Five, we're the hired help, as it were, and we shouldn't have to be the ones to fix up your damned battle plans!"

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=banjooie>Banjooie</A]&nbsp; Image at: 4/2/03 4:27:47 pm

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Wed Apr 02, 2003 9:06 pm

Zukath couldn't believe it. He couldn't believe Nagan was bringing up this, as that wasn't the point Zukath was trying to make. The point he was trying to make was for them to calm down. He looked at Nagan.

"You missed the point completely, Nagan. I only said for you and Pervy to calm your bickering so we can just get this done. I did not ask AT ALL for either of you to give me reasons for your arguing. And you forget that right now, I'm trying to save every single grudge I have against Relti to be used the next time I see his ugly face. Your arguing is making that all the more difficult."

Banjooie

Unread postby Banjooie » Wed Apr 02, 2003 9:20 pm

Nagan stared at Zukath.
"Well, maybe you want to fulfill your grudges, but I WANT TO LIVE AS WELL."

Divinegon2130

My turn to say it now.... WHOOSH!!!

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Wed Apr 02, 2003 9:35 pm

Zukath simply rolled his eyes. He realized now that there was absolutely no chance of getting Nagan to understand what he was intending. He wanted to discuss this with Kelne when they had the chance - he knew Pervy wasn't going to listen, and the other one... seemed far too silent. He at least had a chance to get Kelne to understand how he was feeling about all of this.

Having gotten out of the car already, Zukath gave a quick look around where they had been brought from his position.

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Wed Apr 02, 2003 10:02 pm

"Zukath, yer a dumb as a rock an' twice as slow," Pervy says. "Yer thinkin' t' bottle up all that bilge an' drop it on Relti. We're thinkin' t' live long enough so ye can do it. An' that means when we see dumb shit, ain't gonna do no good t' let is pass an' get us killed. Keepin' pissed ain't no reason t' be stupid, boy."

Divinegon2130

Some drama, perhaps?

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Wed Apr 02, 2003 10:23 pm

Zukath simply rolled his eyes again. Pervy was another hopeless case to him - he didn't have a clue what Zukath was thinking. He had the temptation to grab Pervy and threaten him into recanting saying that he was stupid. However, knowing that he'd only be sinking down to their level if he did that, he simply turned and looked on.

He hated having to hold in all the grudges. All the races Relti's men had slaughtered... all the mages mercilessly killed and victimized... the death of Hakaril, whom he had met personally and was one of the smartest people the lizardman knew... even the loss of Semuanya, a goddess to him and to the lizardfolk, now that her followers were probably all dead.... these all weighted heavily on Zukath's mind. He was trying to hold all this in... he needed to hold his anger for just a few more days. He couldn't lose it now... not to these lowlifes who had no clue what he had put up with in his life.

I hate being so heroic sometimes.... it's the shit that we have to go through and all the fire and hatred we have to take.... and with it being the norm, too.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Thu Apr 03, 2003 12:30 am

"That will do, people," Kelne said firmly. "Regardless of how we may feel about this, turning upon one another accomplishes nothing." He absolutely hated having to act as the voice of reason, particularly when his own instinct was to berate Phoenix at length.

While it might be immediately satisfying, it would be counterproductive and redundant. "Now, I suggest we let the glorious leader here get a word in edgewise." That might, perhaps, get everyone back on the track of finding out what other vital information might have been kept from them.

Uncle Pervy

Re: Some drama, perhaps?

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Thu Apr 03, 2003 12:38 am

"Aye," Pervy agrees, feeling a little foolish.

As soon as we get back, I am draftin' 'is arse. We need people who can use their bloody heads, and I don't give a flyin' fuck how many rules I gotta break t' do it!

Banjooie

Unread postby Banjooie » Thu Apr 03, 2003 11:25 am

Nagan sighed.
"Fine...fine..."
He's got a point, but...damnit, so do we.

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Re: Some drama, perhaps?

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Thu Apr 03, 2003 3:22 pm

Phoenix had remained silent for most of this exchange. She waited for the perfect spot to interject.

"You know what, Pervy?" She said his name with a sneer. "You're not that smart yourself. Do you think I have CONSTANT intelligence around the CAPITOL? NO. Hell, I'm lucky to get a report a month! In any case, you're an asshole. I've TRIED to help you out. You're not giving me a lot to go on. Do you think I WANT to do this? NO! I just wanted to live a normal life. But I can't. I CAN'T. Now, if you'll excuse me, go find someone else to blast with your "rapier wit." I've got to get ready tomorrow. Welcome to MY world, enjoy what little stay you'll have. Get out of the fucking car." She grunted.

Edited by: Squintz Altec at: 4/3/03 9:40:18 pm

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Thu Apr 03, 2003 10:50 pm

Zukath, who was already out of the car, inwardly cheered this display by Phoenix. However, he knew better than to mention this outwardly, lest Pervy and Nagan try anything.

He was nearly biting his tongue to make sure he saved his other words.

Well, you've gone and pissed her off, Pervy. It's only a matter of time before she turns against you and Nagan and stays that way. Why can't you just TRUST her??

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Thu Apr 03, 2003 10:54 pm

Pervy's voice was strangely level, given his previous rage. "Ye want a normal life? Then ye need to work to win this fuckin' war.

"An' th' way yer goin', ye ain't gonna do it. Keepin' information from yer allies an' th' folks under ye gets ye th' screws in two ways. First off, yer gonna get people killed. Relti might hate mages, but I'd be damned surprised if he didn't use 'em to 'is advantage somehow. Twas hopin' them damned missile thingies'd keep us safe from that. Now I gotta factor that in.

"Second off, people aren't gonna trust ye if they think ye aren't tellin' 'em th' whole story. Especially when ye got their lives on th' line. So ye gotta be open wit' them. And that means not leavin' shit out.

"T' be honest, ye've been playin' th' withholdin' game wit' us since we met. An' ye expect us t' fight fer ye when ye ain't tellin' us half th' story. Tain't gonna work long. Now, ye want us t' do our fuckin' best so we can win this fuckin' war, right? Then ye gotta tell us everything. Ye can't be holdin' back little surprises like that. Otherwise we're gonna end up in th' fuckin' pot soon enough.

"Now ye got a choice t' make. Ye know that ye were holdin' back on us. An' ye know ye made a couple mistakes. Now, ye can have yer pride, go on without us, an' likely lose. If not this time, then next time. Ye are goin' up against th' guy who conquered Igala; he's not gonna let ye make many mistakes.

"Or, ye can admit ye messed up, tell th' every damned thing ye have, and we can work t' t'gether t' do this and have a half decent chance wit' Relti.

"So what's it gonna be. Ye wanna be proud o' thinkin' yer right, or do ye wanna be proud o' winnin' like ye set out t' do an' freein' Igala from Relti? Tis yer choice."

With that, the Pirate waited for her answer.

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Thu Apr 03, 2003 11:09 pm

Phoenix glared, then sighed. "...I give up. You know what? You can do this yourself. I've put in too much time and too much has gone wrong. I'm tired of this. You have fun." She leaned over onto the steering wheel.

Banjooie

Unread postby Banjooie » Thu Apr 03, 2003 11:15 pm

Nagan nodded.
"Well, er, you did try your best, and this isn't exactly easy. So, er, what say you just tell us what you know, and we'll handle it? I mean, you've lasted this long, you just need someone a bit more experienced to take the reins, that's all. No shame in that."

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Thu Apr 03, 2003 11:27 pm

Pervy nodded. "Aye. I know what a bitch it tis t' change plans in a hurry."

He sighs. "Right, sorry. I'm used t' workin' wit' trained soldiers, 'r buccaneers I've known most me life. Make me short tempered when I see stuff get sloppy. I've said me piece, but ye gotta be willin' t' listen when ye got experience talkin' ag'in ye. I've seen too many good lads die t' sloppy plans. I lost th' woman who meant th' most t' me t' it.

"So I'm sorry I rode yer arse like that. But next time, trust us a bit more, dammit."

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Thu Apr 03, 2003 11:32 pm

Phoenix stayed hunched over. "Our last leader died a month ago, due to an attack. He was a genius, and I was chosen to lead after him, because I'm a dragon-half. I know NOTHING. I can't get good intelligence, I can't find out what's going on in the Capitol, we have FOUR humans on the staff...I just can't do it!" She banged her hand on the wheel, causing a sharp "beep" to resound. Then she looked up.

"Okay, here's what you'll do. Drill that encyclopedia for every bit of information it has. It knows a lot more than me. Second, feel free to adjust my plans, or to skip them entirely. Lastly, if you have any questions that the encyclopedia CAN'T answer, I might be able to."

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Thu Apr 03, 2003 11:39 pm

"Right," Pervy says. "First off, if ye ain't go nothin' else on this base, I think we can pull off me plan like before. But... Now Nagan gets t' be real useful."

He grinned at the Neo Vane mage, and said, "Right, when they blow up th' metal cart at th' gates, ye know what t' do next. Just be careful 'bout friendly Fire."

He didn't know what Zukath could do, and quite frankly didn't care. If the Lizardman was that eager to get himself killed by not thinking, then he was more than welcome to it.

Edited by: Uncle Pervy&nbsp; Image at: 4/3/03 11:07:19 pm

Nakibe
Lady Malix wills your demise!

Unread postby Nakibe » Thu Apr 03, 2003 11:59 pm

Alash just stayed silent for the time being. He KNEW what he could do... but he just wasn't sure if he should do it at all. He wasn't entirely sure what control he might have.

"Uhh.. I'll see what I can do to help things along, I suppose. I can't promise you much..."

PreviousNext

Return to Gaera Main RPs