Bone and Marrow Tavern CI RP

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Sat Feb 22, 2003 9:21 pm

Since I can't be in chat and I really want to RP. I'm just going to put up this. Dia mentioned a similiar idea and since I'm bored, I figure I'll test it out! Hope you don't mind Dee.

Perched on the edge of the country of Inustan, in the port city of Marme, is a stocky black building. The windows are thick panes of old murky brown glass. Painted on one is a skull and crossbones with the name "Bone and Marrow Tavern" painted above and below it. Inside, the patrons look like mostly sailors. Inujin, Valthi, Baronian, and Domans are sit in the tavern mulling over ale and food.

One in particular is a busty piratess...

"WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO GET ME A PINT O' RUM IN THIS PISS WHOLE??" It was Fifi Martinez, Scourge of the Seven Seas, Bane of Marme.

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Sat Feb 22, 2003 10:34 pm

"...why don't you shut the @#$# up so the rest of us don't have to listen to your bloody b*&ching, you b..." a rather irate swordsman in blue armor started to shout back at the woman, his green eyes glaring in her direction. He started to get up to approach the shouter, before being forcibly pulled back down into the seat by his companion.

"It has been an hour, Stephan... an HOUR since your last altercation... can you at least ATTEMPT to keep civil until the evening has come to an end?" the swordsman's companion sighed, pulling his large, shadow-casting hat further down over his face, only strings of red hairs visible to everyone. The swordsman sighed, crossing his arms in what almost seemed to be a pout.

¬_¬ If I don't tell her to stuff it Mid, no one else probably has the balls to... he sighed to himself. Not wanting to anger the mage further, he remained silent.

...for the time being.

Edited by: FF Fanatic 80  Image at: 2/22/03 9:37:17 pm

Nekogami

Re: Bone and Marrow Tavern CI RP

Unread postby Nekogami » Sat Feb 22, 2003 10:41 pm

Fifi growled and glared at the swordsman. "Who do ye think that ye are, you sand licking shit piper! I have half a will to cleave yer skull!" A waitress put down a bottle of rum while Fifi was giving Stephan an earful. "Ye're lucky I'm a civil minded cap'n." She sat down while one of her mates poured her a pint of rum.

There were 4 or so inujin pirates that seemed to be under Fifi. Most looked eager to see their captain cleave something, skull, table, it didn't matter.

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

<--- OMG SAD KITTY :{{{

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Sat Feb 22, 2003 10:53 pm

<\/< "Lick some @$@#$ing shit? Why don't YOU, I can think of a few places to cram your loud-mouthed p#$$hole of a mou..." Stephan started to answer...

*THWACK*

...before a more level head interviened.

e_e++ "...this is the LAST TIME I will say this... I do not wish to be involved in yet ANOTHER dispute today... if you do, then good night and see you much later, for my patience is running THIN." Midoku told the swordsman, glaring back with a force that caused beads of sweat to trail down his partner's face. With another sigh, he rested back in his seat, his eyebrows appearing to be stuck in a permanent slant of anger.

-\/-;;; "...could we get something to #@$#@$ing drink over here?!" Stephan shouted out to a random employee, the mage's palm smacking into his own forehead at the words.

Nekogami

Re: <--- OMG SAD KITTY :{{{

Unread postby Nekogami » Sat Feb 22, 2003 10:59 pm

Fifi gave a laugh. "Looks like the loud one's the bitch in this case, boys!" The pirates laughed. A waitressed, thick in the girth with the face of a St. Bernard, walked up to Stephan and Midoku

"Eyup. What do you want? And no fighting." She turned to Fifi. "That goes for you too, Martinez."

Fifi stuck out her tongue before lifting her mug to her mouth.

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Sat Feb 22, 2003 11:09 pm

The rage was literally seething through Stephan now, each syllable out of the wench's mouth fueling the flames. The final straw was being called, of all things, 'The bitch' (despite how true/untrue that may be Image:"> D).

Stephan started to slide over, intent on dealing a good laceration or two to the pirate woman...

...only a FIRM grip and a CHILLING glare from the mage next to him told him to stay the hell where he was, lest he be very, very alone for the next few days.

"We would like your house wine, madam, and..." Midoku started to say, skimming over the menu, "...could we have your special of the day, for a bit of seafood quisine? ^_^"

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Sat Feb 22, 2003 11:14 pm

"Yup then." The waitress scribbled down the order and waddled away.

Fifi meanwhile was laughing it up with her mates. Occasionally, she'd toss a provacative glare at Stephan. If the inujin liked anything besides pillaging, it was getting a rise out of people. She was just eating it up.

Dragon Sage007
Property of the USMC

Re: Bone and Marrow Tavern CI RP

Unread postby Dragon Sage007 » Sat Feb 22, 2003 11:23 pm

In the middle of the pleasantries, A young man, in his twenties enters the tavern. His clothes are a simple black vest with a white lace shirt underneath, along with brown sandals and white gloves with the fingers cut out. In one of these hands, he holds what seems to be a thin, semi-circle of metal, held in the same way one would wield brass knuckles. His face seems to be human, but his hair is enough to tell you otherwise. In addition to being blue, it writhes as though each strand was a snake, and continued to do so until he sat down at a table near the others. There, he proceeded to examine the semi-circle closely, muttering things under his breath.

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

Mushiness, TJORD?!

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Sun Feb 23, 2003 1:21 am

It took a few more moments of 'convincing', but Midoku had managed to calm Stephan a bit. The mage had the swordsman at the point where he was certain Stephan would stay in his seat.... for a few minutes, anyway.

Midoku, however, was still very upset. After all their years together, he found himself getting more and more annoyed at Stephan's behavior. Despite everything they had gone through together, the swordsman's years as a Dark Knight, his further fall into darkness, and the near-hell they both went through to bring him back from it, nothing seemed to change Stephan's short, violent temper. At times, Midoku was tempted to just say the hell with it. Nothing could be worth all the aggravation he went through dealing with the aftermath of Stephan's tantrums. He sighed, turning to look at the swordsman as he tried to deal with his own anger. It was obvious there was still some rage in Stephan, his eyebrows twitching slightly as he held his eyeshut, arms still crossed before him, the corner of his mouth pulled back slightly in a mild grimace.

As Midoku watched, it reminded him of the first time he had encountered Stephan. The swordsman had been a Dark Knight then, clad in dark blue-near black armor, with bright yellow horns on the shoulders, a very intimidating individual to any who saw him. The pair had shared a prison cell in a town, both placed inside for a different reason. The look on Stephan's face now was much like the one he had then, when they first met. This memory acted as a catalist, a flood of pleasant memories cancelling out some of the mage's anger, as he remembered more pleasant times.

Stephan's eyes blinked a few times, looking down to find Midoku leaning against his arm. Try as he did to prevent it, a mild blush spread across the swordsman's cheeks.

"...I thought you were mad at me?" he whispered nervously to the mage.

"I am, believe me..." Midoku told him, placing an arm around the swordsman.

"I am simply reminding myself why you are always worth putting up with."

The swordsman's blush grew a bit in brightness, his fear of public displays of emotion going into full force. With a slight gulp, he discretely moved his hand onto the mage's leg, as a (semi) private return of affection. Stephan started to sweat as he waited for a sign of the barmaid, hoping could eat their meal quickly and continue things somewhere a bit more private...

Nekogami

Re: Mushiness, TJORD?!

Unread postby Nekogami » Sun Feb 23, 2003 1:38 am

The burly maid comes bace with two heapy plates of the ocean's finest.
Each plate contained a huge lobser with a small cup of butter, crab legs, mashed potatoes, chips, fried cod, and cole slaw.

"Eat up," said the maid walking away.

Fifi slid over. "You guy's gonna eat all that? You looke like lightweights to me...."

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

Weee

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Sun Feb 23, 2003 1:59 am

Midoku pulled away from Stephan for the time being, his eyes wide and his mouth partially open in surprise at the large portions of food.

6_6;;; "Goodness...um... I was not aware that your portions were so large, madam..." the mage stammered, as it appeared there was enough food for four, rather than 2, "...could we have some of it returned? We will gladly pay for the portions served, of cou..."

"Hell no, we're fine, thanks." Stephan interrupted, the mage turning and giving him a puzzled look.

e_e Call me a @#$#@$ing lightweight for food too? I don't @#$#@ing think so... Stephan thought, as he rapidly starting digging into his portion of the meal. Midoku raised an eyebrow over the odd behavior... before remembering what the pirate had said a moment ago.

>.< ...oh for the love of... Midoku sighed to himself.

Nekogami

Re: Weee

Unread postby Nekogami » Sun Feb 23, 2003 2:05 am

Fifi chuckled and watched Stephan. "Hey, mates! I give Fluffy over here an hour before her hurls into a bilge bucket!" She winks at Midoku. "I got mates to eat your leftovers, missy."

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

Ehehehe :D

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Sun Feb 23, 2003 2:10 am

Stephan continued to spoon and shovel the aquatic quisine down his throat, not about to allow his manhood to be questoined, let alone by some loudmouth in a tavern. Midoku was just about to stop the Dark Knight, certain that attempting to eat all this food could only end in disaster.

...but then the wench had dared to call him 'Miss'

e_@++ "...pass the damn fork" Midoku growled, going right to work on his plate.

Banjooie

Re: Ehehehe :D

Unread postby Banjooie » Sun Feb 23, 2003 4:18 am

At that point, a particularly well-known brown-robed mage came in. On a cow. A floating one, in fact, and a particularly alright pinball playing cow at that.

"...<.< >.> Right! I'd like to have some imported grass, if at all possible, and a glass of wine!"

JoshuaDurron

Re: Ehehehe :D

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Sun Feb 23, 2003 1:46 pm

Right behind the mage was a man in a long, brown cloak. The flowing garmet was wrapped around him, obscuring most of his lanky body from view. His face was also covered by his travelling garmet's high collar, and his light brown hair fell over his face in rough, unkept locks. The man also had a long ponytail held together by a grey strip of cloth pulled over his left shoulder. Other than his knee high black boots, the only thing that could be clearly made out of his gear was the large, heavy mace which hung at his left side. It seemed an almost oversized weapon for one so thin, and when one looked at it, one became very uncomfortable, and would quickly look away. Unless one chose to purposefully stare at it for a long period of time...

The man proceeded to the bar and demanded, "Strong Ale." His voice was slightly raspy, but loud and forceful, as if the rasp came more from shouting all the time as opposed to not speaking much.

Nekogami

AY CARAMBA!

Unread postby Nekogami » Sun Feb 23, 2003 1:58 pm

A maid poured a mug of ale and slid it over to the cloaked man. Barkeep Tomas Monteiro, a burly German Shepard, looked over at the cow riding mage. "Well, now I've seen everything, ay caramba. Floating cow or no, we don't have imported grass, senor mage."

Meanwhile, Fifi and her mates are cheering on Stephan and Midoku as they shoveled down the hefty meal.

RebelKitsune

wai! board CI!

Unread postby RebelKitsune » Sun Feb 23, 2003 3:59 pm

Not too far down the road, a run of the mill red and white kitsunejin was happily scampering along, minding his own business. Many would have recognised him, and would also have been surprised at his attire which was far from expected, unless they knew of his entire identity. He had a large straw hat on his head, with two holes cut out for his ears to pass through comfortably and keep him cool, and a matching basket filled with mixed groceries and assorted flowers. A light, green, cotton top with a soft, unfastened waistcoat to match covered minimal amounts of his chest, showing off ample amounts of his midriff and what would be known as cleavage, if he wasn't male. Rather generously cut brown shorts, which would have been more accurately described as swimwear, covered the bare minimum of his pelvis. He wore no shoes, sporting his bare hindpaws to travel. His walk was rather queer when observed closely; his hips swayed noticeably with every step, but not so much as to be blatantly giving a show of it. With the swaying, his tail flicked from one side to the other at a steady rythm, matching that of the song he was happily humming to himself.

Closer inspection of the kitsunejin's happy face showed that his eyes' irises were red and a vivid blue to replace the white, which easily distinguishes him from his identical counterpart.

When he walked past the inn he stopped to listen to all the ruckus inside, and, overcome by his curiosity, he walked in to see what was going on. Instantly, he spotted Midoku and Stephan, both of which were friends of his mate, Staniel.

... Well, maybe just Midoku.

"Hi Mid, Hey Stephan!" He called out with a friendly wave and a gleeful tone in his voice, and walked over to get a closer look at what the couple was up to.

(OOC: something tells me i overdid it with the details... =>.>=;;; )

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=rebelkitsune>RebelKitsune</A]&nbsp; Image at: 2/23/03 3:53:44 pm

Banjooie

Re: wai! board CI!

Unread postby Banjooie » Sun Feb 23, 2003 4:12 pm

Jinto snapped his fingers in annoyance.
"I've got to talk to someone about getting that. Dear Bessie seems to hate Doma City's grass..." he chuckled nervously. "Well, how aboutt he wine?"

The Duelist

Unread postby The Duelist » Sun Feb 23, 2003 4:40 pm

Whistling lightly, Rick Dwyer entered the bar.

His cloak was probably dark red, but it was hard to tell considering the amount of dirt on it. He wore a grey tunic underneath it, which looked somewhat clean, unlike he himself. Simply put, he was sweaty, smelly, and very, very tired. The rapier at his side still shined with luster however, as little as that counted.

But, as his friends liked to joke, he marked out where he had been in life by the bars he had visited along the way. And this one would be no exception. Walking up to the barstool, he called out.

"Ale."

JoshuaDurron

Ale

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Sun Feb 23, 2003 4:50 pm

The man in the brown cloak raised his mug in Dwyer's direction. "A good choice. The Ale here is not half bad. Certainly better than any I've had in the past few months."

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Sun Feb 23, 2003 4:57 pm

Tomas poured a glass of wine for Jinto and placed it on the counter. "Here, senor. Enjoy."

Another bartender poured a nice pint of ale with a foamy head for Rick. "Here you go."

RebelKitsune

Unread postby RebelKitsune » Sun Feb 23, 2003 5:07 pm

Kopii RedFox looked around the place without moving his head, trying his best not to be impolite to whom he was talking to, and he observed - in his mind - that,

"This place seems quite cheery... It has a nice atmosphere too."

After which he used other senses to observe his surroundings, like scent. Obviously, the food just on the same table he was sitting at was the first thing he picked up.

"My... that food looks appetizing... wonder why they seem rather rough while eating..."

He was obviously referring to Steph and Mid, and this observation made him a little uneasy. He knew what sort of misfits these two got into when one of them was in a bad mood... let alone both of them.

The Duelist

Unread postby The Duelist » Sun Feb 23, 2003 5:34 pm

Rick took a long drink...afterwards, he turned to the man in the brown cloak.

"Aye, so it is!"

Rick had had a lot of varieties of ale in his time, so he believed that by this point he had a firm grounding in the world of alcoholic beverages. The stuff was okay, not the best he'd ever had, but still pretty good. It tasted all the better after the incredibly long journey.

"So, m'name's Rick. What's yours?"

Edited by: The Duelist at: 2/23/03 4:35:48 pm

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Sun Feb 23, 2003 5:47 pm

"Eli!" The other man replied in his booming voice, "Eli Grey, the Color mage, at your service. I drink to our meeting!"

Which he did by emptying his mug of ale and gesturing for another. "What brings you here, Rick?"

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

*crappy post* @_@;;; *multitasking >>> Me*

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Sun Feb 23, 2003 5:48 pm

As the kitsune approached the duo, he probably would have expected some kind of nasty reaction from the swordsman, followed by a reprimand from the mage at his side. Fortunately for him, something was distracting the pair.

...a pair of upset stomachs.

@\/@;;; "S...sure.. *URP*...showed her... huh?" Stephan moaned, his face starting to take on a pale, almost green tone.

@_@;;; "....*URK*...stom..ach....pain...." Midoku whined, his own face going light blue...

Nekogami

Re: *crappy post* @_@;;; *multitasking >>> Me*

Unread postby Nekogami » Sun Feb 23, 2003 5:55 pm

The pirates around Stephan and Midoku cheered. Fifi slapped Stephan on the shoulder. "Good work, lad! I knew ye had it in ye."

Another pirate gave Mid a friendly slap. "A round of Ale for our mates!" This comment was awarded with a great "Huzzah!"

The Duelist

Unread postby The Duelist » Sun Feb 23, 2003 6:26 pm

Rick downed his own, and motioned for another. Afterwards, he responded to Eli.

"Some friends asked me to go look about and see if I couldn't find a way for us to make a little more money...unfortunetely, all I've found so far are some bandits who are quick to the sword and slow to the talk...heh...roads really aren't safe enough these days."

He let out a small sigh.

"So how about you?"

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Sun Feb 23, 2003 6:49 pm

Eli grinned, his eyes shining. "Like I said, I'm a Color mage. Right now, I'm looking for shades to fill out my collection."

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Sun Feb 23, 2003 7:00 pm

The barmaid returning with the drinks to their table was met with quite a sight.

The hearty slaps on the shoulders had convinced the pair's stomachs to make good on Midoku's earlier request, as half their meal was now all over the table.

*@.@*;;; ...Gods, how.... disgusting... *URP*... Midoku thought to himself, struggling to keep the rest of his meal down.

The Duelist

Unread postby The Duelist » Sun Feb 23, 2003 7:07 pm

Rick's curiosity was piqued now, "Tell me, what do you do as a Color Mage? I cannot say I've heard of them."

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Sun Feb 23, 2003 7:09 pm

Fifi let out a howl! "I knew they couldn't keep it down!!!" Several mates gave Fifi some money and helped Mid and Stephan from their table to the custodian could clean up the table.

JoshuaDurron

OMG, a brief demonstration!

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Sun Feb 23, 2003 7:25 pm

"Eh, well..." Eli shrugged slightly. "We aren't all that common. Essentially, we use shades of colors as talismans to create magical effects. Mind you, not all these effects are necessarily useful."

Eli reached over and knocked some mud off of Rick's cloak, leaving a few fingers resting lightly on the fabric. "Take this for instance." The mage let his eyes drift halfway closed. "That which is the never ending shower of lotus blossoms, Deep Crimson."

A moment later, the scent of lotus flowers did indeed fill the air as Eli lowered his arm and took up his new mug of ale. "Naturally, some colors are more useful than others. Color mages can also combine them for other purposes."

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=joshuadurron>JoshuaDurron</A] at: 2/23/03 6:36:28 pm

The Duelist

Re: OMG, a brief demonstration!

Unread postby The Duelist » Sun Feb 23, 2003 7:40 pm

Rick blinked.

"Wow."

he thought for a moment as he picked up his mug. The thing was, he had an incredible respect for anyone who could be successful with magic. Being a Vrainen Knight meant that learning to use magic was pretty much mandatory...too bad that Rick was hopeless with it. He had however, somehow managed to become a knight anyway, through sheer efficiency and force of will.

Too bad Vraina wasn't still around...

Shrugging the thought off, he downed a portion of his mug. Today didn't look to be that bad after all...

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Sun Feb 23, 2003 7:44 pm

Eli shrugged. "The only problem is I have to be actually touching any color talisman I want to use. And to do that, not only do I have to find the colors, I have to be able to take them with me. Rare colors, like Cardinal Red, are found almost exclusively in things like rubies or similar gems. So I've spent a lot of time looking for useful colors."

The Duelist

Unread postby The Duelist » Sun Feb 23, 2003 8:15 pm

Rick nodded, "...But, assuming you can get the right color combinations, you can get a wide variety of utilitarian and or destructive effects?"

Rick liked this guy. He was competent, he was friendly enough...the sort of guy he'd like watching his back while he had to work his own sort of magic. Then again, Rick's tricks usually included turning large amounts of living people into a large amount of corpses...oh well. He finished his second ale.

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Sun Feb 23, 2003 8:16 pm

Eli laughed nervously. "Eventually, yeah. But so far, I haven't found much in the way of useful combinations. Unless you count the ability to cover twenty square feet of a surface with dirt a useful ability."

The Duelist

Unread postby The Duelist » Sun Feb 23, 2003 8:37 pm

Richard grinned, "Are you kiddin me? I know a few farmer's who'd BEG fer something like that."

And it was true. Farming had never been one of the Camp's populace's specialities. Oh well.

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Sun Feb 23, 2003 8:41 pm

Eli answered Rick's grin with one of his own. "True, true. Maybe I should turn to farming instead. If plants around me didn't seem to die faster than bugs in alchohol."

"Tell me, what do you need money for? Building a castle?"

Banjooie

I had to.

Unread postby Banjooie » Sun Feb 23, 2003 9:44 pm

(BRB)

([edit] No cirp is complete without at least ONE brb message! -Rydia-)

Edited by: pd Rydia&nbsp; Image at: 3/7/03 4:19:30 pm

The Duelist

Re: I had to.

Unread postby The Duelist » Sun Feb 23, 2003 10:02 pm

Rick sighed.

"Well...its a long story. It could take a while."

Edited by: The Duelist at: 2/23/03 9:02:28 pm

Next

Return to Gaera Main RPs