Bone and Marrow Tavern CI RP

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
JoshuaDurron

Re: I had to.

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Sun Feb 23, 2003 10:16 pm

Eli shrugged. "Well, if you don't want to tell it, then how, if I may ask, do you collect money? I've found my methods to be fairly ineffectual of late."

The Duelist

Unread postby The Duelist » Sun Feb 23, 2003 10:25 pm

Rick made a face, as though there was a bad taste in his mouth.

"I do odd jobs. Mostly mercenary type stuff...I only take the stuff where I know my sense of honor can be respected...but...well...I used to be a knight, its kind of demeaning at best. Foul in consequence at worst. But...its the only way I can really make money."

He sighed, "I got a lot of people to look out for, and in a lot of ways, a country to rescue...I'm honor bound to do it...but..."

He trailed off. He had really tried to avoid thinking about it, but it was true. He had tried to avoid jobs that involved shady figures in back alleys, but sooner or later it always seemed to come down to being forced to take a job you couldn't trust, and having to sidestep the consequences...and sometimes sidestepping involved leaving a few people dead on the ground. He was legendary as a Knight and swordsman -he was the Duelist of Vraina. But he was Infamous in the backalleys as one of those unkillable few who you did not wish to doublecross if you valued your life.

Quite frankly, he would have much preferred staying back at the Camp with everyone else and being boss-man...but as much as they wouldn't admit it, he was best in the field. And if he was going to ever see Vraina again, that was where he had to stay.

Life, as he liked to joke, was a grand affair...

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Sun Feb 23, 2003 11:19 pm

"Ah." Eli nodded. "A question of your principles or your dreams. I can understand. It was one such situation that brought me upon this." He patted his mysterious, disturbing mace.

RebelKitsune

Eugh...

Unread postby RebelKitsune » Mon Feb 24, 2003 10:53 am

K was nearly caught off guard, and the second hand food that covered the table just nearly missed his foot as he got off his chair with a light squeal.

"Yee!" This was promptly followed by an authentic "Eugh!", his ears folding back with disgust. He turned around, and the pleasure of meeting Steph and Mid was rapidly killed off.

"I need a drink..." He said to himself, and went to sit at the bar, right next to Rick, and ordered a plain glass of pure water. As he waited, he peered over his own shoulder to catch a glance of Fifi, seething a little, since he knew that she and her crew were the reason for his friends' unwanted circumstances...

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=rebelkitsune>RebelKitsune</A]&nbsp; Image at: 2/24/03 10:00:24 am

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

Split Interaction, OHNO!?

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Mon Feb 24, 2003 12:02 pm

One set of pirates decided to haul Midoku over by the bar area. They assumed, being the more 'frail' of the pair, he'd probably need something to drink after all that. They placed him on a stool, the mage quickly faceplanting into it, right next to the hat-wearing kitsune. Midoku blinked a few times, finally recognizing the foxman after the current wave of nausea passed.

"...Mr. Redfox... he...hello..." the mage said, attempting a half-hearted smile while his face lay sideways on the bar, "...I...I apolo..gise.. f..for the previous di..dis... *URP*....display... I imagine y..you must b..be quite dis..gusted. I...*URP*..I...know I would b...be..as well..."

As Midoku turned his face back down, doing his best to fight back the waves of nausea, the other set of pirates had brought Stephan over to see Fifi. Stephan somehow managed to have a triumphant smirk on his face, as he looked up at the pirate wench.

"H...heh... s...so...wh..who's the d...d.irt...l..licke...r...now....e..eh?" Stephan started to sneer, until the next wave of nausea hit him like a ton of bricks, causing his head to tilt down facing toward the floor.

@_@ "*URP*"

Edited by: FF Fanatic 80&nbsp; Image at: 2/24/03 11:04:32 am

Nekogami

Re: Split Interaction, OHNO!?

Unread postby Nekogami » Mon Feb 24, 2003 12:16 pm

Fifi chuckled. "Ye got the constitution of a jellyfish but the tenacity of a shark." She did a rare thing. She summoned a nymph and that flew into Stephan's body. His stomach felt still too full but his nauseum passed. "Aye.....Ye should become a pirate."

The Duelist

watching the show...

Unread postby The Duelist » Mon Feb 24, 2003 12:18 pm

Rick looked over at Eli.

"Aye..."

Downing the rest of his drink, he noticed the new arrivals at the bar. It is a well known fact to those who deal with Rick, that three ales is never enough to impair vision, movement, or sense of style. With any luck, he thought to himself, this would remain true. As he saw STephan puke near the piratess, he could not help but note: If a barfight was going to occur, now would probably be the time.

JoshuaDurron

Re: watching the show...

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Mon Feb 24, 2003 12:21 pm

Eli, noting the newcomer at the bar with the upset stomach, reached into his cloak and pulled out a green potion. "Oi, stranger, drink this! I don't want the sight, or worse yet the smell, of your stomach contense disturbing my drinking."

With that, the color mage slid the vial down the counter much like one would any other drink. The potion came to a stop right in front of Mid.

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

*Posties!*

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Mon Feb 24, 2003 12:38 pm

Stephan blinked a few times, surprised that the nausau was now completely gone. He definitely wouldn't be eating for a good while, but he didn't feel the need to haul rear to the nearest restroom either.

"....thanks." he told Fifi, the first unangered exchange he'd had with her since entering the bar, "Heh... funny you should mention that, I used to work on ships in Baron for awhile... been a long time though."

He neglected to mention, of course, what kind of ships.

Nekogami

Re: *Posties!*

Unread postby Nekogami » Mon Feb 24, 2003 12:49 pm

Fifi raised an eyebrow at this. "Really, now?" She crossed her arms. "Well, haul my sails. What was your position?"

RebelKitsune

Whee... At least my RPing isn't over before it started.

Unread postby RebelKitsune » Mon Feb 24, 2003 1:40 pm

K turned to Midoku and smiled sweetly, ears regaining their posture. As he saw the vial slide past him and stop in front of Mid, before he could utter another word, he cursed to himself slightly, having been unable to get a word in without being interrupted since he walked through the door. Obviously, he knew that Midoku was in too horrible a state to drink it himself, so he took it into his own paws to help the poor... er... Midoku out. He got out of his seat and stood by his side, holding an arm behind Mid's back, ready to catch him, and another helping him off the bar carefully, lifting him up to meet the other arm behind him.

"Midoku, lean back into my arms, and drink this. It'll make you feel better."

With that, he lifted the vial with his free paw, and dextrously flicked off the cap with his thumb, bringing it near to Mid's mouth.

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

*posties*

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Mon Feb 24, 2003 4:10 pm

Too in a daze from the ill-feelings to completely figure out what was going on, Midoku didn't protest, relaxing and allowing the vile to be placed to his lips. To most, it probably looked like a very touching (albeit slightly ackward) moment.

Fortunately, the one person who would have blown his top over this was distracted at the moment.

...did we even HAVE positions when we had to use airships? Stephan thought, trying to remember a bit of the old days. He recalled when he had first been on one with his old 'organization', the captain had insisted they all act as part of the ship's crew anytime they had to use it.

He also recalled pissing off just about everyone on the ship, until they found one spot Stephan seemed to excel at.

"...pilot." he answered to the pirate.

The Duelist

Re: Whee... At least my RPing isn't over before it started.

Unread postby The Duelist » Mon Feb 24, 2003 4:19 pm

Rick blinked...well, he was wrong. It actually looked like they had become friends. Made him wish he could hear better...

Didn't matter really. Wasn't his business...although it always amazed him how you could meet the strangest people in a quick road-stop.

Rick looked back at Eli, "Nice save."

After all, nothing ruined a good drinking worse than having to smell somebody's puke...although usually that was what hapened when the f--king lightweights came to town...but then again, a good bar was where you could find anyone and everyone, and where bravado, pride, and drinking habits collided...

JoshuaDurron

Re: Whee... At least my RPing isn't over before it started.

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Mon Feb 24, 2003 4:23 pm

Eli shrugged. "Mages shouldn't try and compete with fighters in physical contests unless they've got a lot of practice. Something I learned a long time ago. If they do, though, its a proffesional courtesy to lend a hand."

He took another swig of his ale, letting the pleasent buzz of the drink settle in the pit of his stomach.

RebelKitsune

Re: *posties*

Unread postby RebelKitsune » Mon Feb 24, 2003 4:33 pm

K smiled as he gently poured the contents of the vial down Mid's throat, paying attention not to do it too fast, or to lean him back too far. Eventually, the contents of the vial were emptied, and he helped Mid sit up properly until the potion could work on him. Meanwhile, he smiled and thanked the one who gave him the vial with a nod of his head.

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Mon Feb 24, 2003 4:54 pm

All the pirates laughed. Fifi narrowed and eye. "Ships....don't have pilots. They have wheelman...." Fifi slid over a mug of ale. "I don't think you've so much as stepped on a ship."

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=nekogami>Nekogami</A] at: 2/24/03 3:54:38 pm

The Duelist

Unread postby The Duelist » Mon Feb 24, 2003 4:59 pm

Rick couldn't help but agree, "...True..."

Adjusting his seat, he took another swig of ale. He knew for a fact that he'd probably need to stop soon, after all, the last couple times he'd been drunk had been somewhat embarrassing.

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

Wee

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Mon Feb 24, 2003 5:39 pm

As the pirates chuckled at the swordsman's answer, surprisingly he didn't seem angry. Instead, the confident smirk had returned to his face, as he smiled at Fifi.

"...ships *can* have pilots...

...if the ship can fly..."

Nekogami

Re: Wee

Unread postby Nekogami » Mon Feb 24, 2003 6:07 pm

Fifi chuckled. "Aah, airships." She toook a draw of her rum. "Never could get the feel for those but then again the sea, not the sky, has always called to me." She leaned back in her chair and uncurled her tail. "So what brings you here?"

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

*Posties*

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Mon Feb 24, 2003 6:26 pm

"Just business, pretty much." Stephan told her, taking a glass of the drink and having a very small sip of the rum, "Some guy in Doma apparently has a thing for Inustani artwork or something, so I'm here to pick it up."

He neglected to mention, of course, the part about someone hoarding said artwork, and his being there to 'convince' the person to part with a few pieces, for Stephan's Inujin employer back in Doma.

Nekogami

Re: *Posties*

Unread postby Nekogami » Mon Feb 24, 2003 7:11 pm

"You don't seem the merchant type. Getting a nice cut of pay in-between mercenary jobs?"

RebelKitsune

Re: *Posties*

Unread postby RebelKitsune » Tue Feb 25, 2003 10:08 am

K smiled still as he sat down, rubbing Mid's beck gently with a kind paw. Many would think that he was too forward in his ways, but that was K, he cared too much sometimes.

"Feeling any better?" He asked Mid with his usual, gentle tone.

(edit: OOC: to help your imagination, or help you be more disturbed than you might already be (you decide), I made a sketch of Kopii RedFox for all of you to see. His dainty attire may be a little too flamboyant for a pirate's watering hole, but that's just coincidence.)

Edited by: RebelKitsune&nbsp; Image at: 2/25/03 9:51:23 am

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

More Posties

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Tue Feb 25, 2003 11:26 am

Midoku let out a gentle sigh, and an unintended soft prrrr, blinking a little and looking over at the kitsune.

"...a little bit, at the very least the nausea seems to have passed." the mage told K. The distraction gone, Midoku finally noticed the position he was in. Leaning back in the arms of a scantily clad male.

@_@; ...I hope Stephan did not see this, or there is NO hope of calming him down... Midoku thought, leaning up to sit on his own. He turned to K, giving him a polite smile.

^_^; "So... um... how are things? We have not spoken in quite awhile." he asked.

Meanwhile, Stephan was still speaking with the pirate and her shipmates, taking another small sip of ale.

-\/- "...you could say that." Stephan answered Fifi. He didn't like going into detail about his current jobs, especially while in the city said job would be taking place. Past experience had taught him he had a high chance of alerting someone who would either beat him to the job (and the payment), or worse, get him arrested by the local authorities.

"So how about you? Just making a pit stop before heading out to sea again?"

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=nekogami>Nekogami</A] at: 2/25/03 10:31:44 am

Nekogami

Re: More Posties

Unread postby Nekogami » Tue Feb 25, 2003 11:34 am

Fifi nodded. "Since it's still a little icy up north and warm weather is causing a few icebergs. More 'n usual. Might call it, pirating off season."

Fifi glanced at Midoku. "Who's yer lover? Looks like a mage."

RebelKitsune

Re: More Posties

Unread postby RebelKitsune » Tue Feb 25, 2003 11:52 am

K sat down, tail flicking up to avoid being sat on. He chirred softly, happy to see that Midoku was feeling better. He lifted up his light hat and pulled it off, holding it at his lap as he let his hair cascade onto his shoulders more comfortably. He blinked as he realised how he was acting, and giggled, smiling to Midoku.

"Oh, I apologize if I'm making you feel uncomfortable, Mid." And he blushed embarrassedly. "It's just that I've been spending a little too much time with Staniel and, well... You know." He giggled briefly again, and leaned on the bar with one arm, more at ease now.

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

*Makes Staniel a cannon RP character finally, YAY >:D*

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Tue Feb 25, 2003 1:51 pm

The mage blushed at the kitsune's comments, his normally blue cheeks taking on a purple tone. Given who Staniel was, Midoku had a pretty good idea what K meant by 'spending a lot of time' with the fellow kitsune.

They certainly have been together a long time.... how long has it been...? Midoku thought, thinking back. He recalled the day he had 'met' Staniel vividly. He, Stephan, and the swordsman's brother Daniel had gone in search of an artifact. After much searching, traps, and FREQUENT arguing between the siblings, they found the artifact they sought. Unfortunately, a fight broke out between the two over who would risk grabbing the object first. The result of which was the pair both grabbing it at the same time. After a blinding flash from the artifact, the trio found themselves staring at another being. It had the same face as the brothers, one eyebrow thin like Daniel's, the other thick and slanted slightly like Stephan. It wore a strange combination of the pair's clothes, Daniel's armor with a black tone, and Stephan's cape colored white and horned shoulderpads colored black. It blinked, revealing light green eyes with blue irises, another strange combination of the brother's eyes.

What happened after that would take a long time to explain. The being escaped, leading the brothers and mage on a long journey to track him down and figure out what the hell was going on. After consulting with a knowledgible magician, they determined that the being, which was calling itself Staniel, was a combination of the two siblings. The artifact apparently had the power to create a new being from the two beings holding it.

Unfortunately, since the siblings had been arguing during the process, Staniel's was slowly growing more and more unstable from the conflicting parts of his mind. He slowly began to revert in his mental age, the brother's different memories trying his mental stability. His mind tried to latch onto anything the brother's shared in common, to keep from going completely insane. Unfortunately for them, and most of Doma, one of the first and only things was the brother's extreme affection to the ones they loved, leading to many an ackward encounter with the fused being.

It wasn't until Staniel had a chance encounter with a Kitsunejin sage that his life would start to take a turn for the better... but that's another story for another day.

"Well, it is good to know you and Staniel are doing well... I am happy for the both of you." Midoku smiled to the hat-wearing Kitsune, "How is Staniel these days?"

Meanwhile, Stephan was busy trying hard not to blush, lest his manhood be called into question again.

-\/-;;; "...yeah, a mage." he half coughed out as an answer, visibly bothered by talking about his love interest.

Edited by: FF Fanatic 80&nbsp; Image at: 2/25/03 12:51:36 pm

The Duelist

Re: *Makes Staniel a cannon RP character finally, YAY >:D

Unread postby The Duelist » Tue Feb 25, 2003 4:15 pm

Rick asked Eli, "Out of curiosity, is there something...strange about that mace?"

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Tue Feb 25, 2003 4:19 pm

Eli looked into his ale, nodding slightly. He kept both hands on the bar as he spoke. "Silent and without feeling, the shroud of nothingness which destroys hope. Empty Grey.

"I've found that it's the perfect talisman for that color. Perhaps because it's also called the Mace of Despair, a weapon that's said to smash the hopes and dreams of the people it's used against. Ever since I learned that, I've been afraid to use it, as a talisman or a weapon. But I'm also afraid to let it go. Such a weapon could be put to truly horrible uses. Right now, I'm trying to find a color that can work against it, and maybe seal off it's power."

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=joshuadurron>JoshuaDurron</A] at: 2/25/03 3:20:27 pm

The Duelist

Unread postby The Duelist » Tue Feb 25, 2003 6:59 pm

Rick sighed as he downed another portion of Ale, "Wouldn't have much of an effect on me. I'm a bit too far gone for that..."

Which wasn't necessarily true. He still had plenty of hopes, and he still prayed for that opening with which he could free his homeland...but it wasn't as strong as it used to be...

He finished his statement, "...I wish you luck. There're too few dreamers in this world as it is without an enchanted mace to destroy what's left of them."

Edited by: The Duelist at: 2/25/03 6:01:31 pm

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Tue Feb 25, 2003 7:29 pm

Eli grunted. "Thanks. But it seems that you could use a bit of luck yourself. It seems you've had a rough journey so far." The cloaked man laughed. "With the state your in, I wouldn't be surprised if your last trip had been to hell and back."

The Duelist

Unread postby The Duelist » Tue Feb 25, 2003 8:48 pm

Rick laughed, "What can I say? Raiders come in all shapes and sizes, and the group I was dealing with certainly didn't take kindly to me."

RebelKitsune

Story time yay!

Unread postby RebelKitsune » Wed Feb 26, 2003 6:10 am

K smiled again, but this time it was more of an emotional expression, rather than a sign of friendliness. Anyone could tell that his thoughts were centered on his one true love, and, quite literally, the reason why he was alive.

Oh... Staniel... If K had half a chance, he would have told that story. He sat up slowly, paws at his lap, his eyes closed, and his legs and tail curled around the barstool slowly as he remembered... Staniel had met with K's counterpart, RedFox, and it wasn't really in the best circumstances. RedFox had gotten mad with Staniel, as everyone else did, but later he felt sorry for him, and wanted to make it up to him. Since Staniel seemed rather attracted to his appearance, he made a duplicate of himself, but altered him so that his sexual preference would match that of Staniel.

Staniel and K grew fond of each other, and later, K suggested that Staniel should try being a kitsunejin and see how he felt. Staniel wanted this, and kept it, since he grew tired and sad about being a perfect clone of Stephan and Daniel, winning very strange looks from everyone he was with.

The pair grew very close, and, quite the contrary to Stephan, Staniel never let K out of contact whenever he is near, be it holding paws, or curling tails, he just has to keep to K.

Where Staniel was at that time was another story...

A few seconds later his eyes opened again, and, very calmly, K answered,

"Staniel is doing great, Mid. Thanks for caring. He's made a wonderful improvement since we first met, and he can think straight now... At least, whatever applies for Staniel, him being so Naive." He giggled, briefly, but then shook his head, as though scolding himself for joking about that. It wasn't Stan's fault, though K wouldn't really consider that as a mistake. He went on, "Poor Stan... It's a shame how he ended up... I'm glad I met him when I did."

Nekogami

Re: Story time yay!

Unread postby Nekogami » Wed Feb 26, 2003 10:42 am

Fifi nodded and flicker his veritable mane. "Hey, it's none of my business if you do it like the dogs." She gave him a wink. "Besides, he's a cute one and smart to boot. Hope I didn't rile you up too badly with that 'bitch' comment."

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Wed Feb 26, 2003 12:13 pm

"All things considered, I would say he is doing quite well, then." Midoku said to K, pleased to hear that the pair were going along well, "So, what brings you to Inustan Mr. Redfox?"

As the effeminate duo chitchatted, Stephan's temper was borderline on going off again, despite the compliments by the female pirate.

-\/-;; For f#$k's sake, you don't see me going, 'Oooh, it's none of my business if you throw the woman down and do it on top of her'. he thought, irritated that said 'position' seemed to always be the first thing in people's minds. Course, she seemed sincere enough about Mid and what she'd said, so Stephan tried to be somewhat civil.

*-\/-*;; "...eh. I've heard worse..." he told her, trying to stay in 'toughguy' mode, "Sides, the ones who 'really' try to cause trouble aren't usually left standing for very long, if you know what I mean..."

He took another sip of the ale, his curiousity starting to kick in as he chatted with the inujin pirate.

"So, what do you guys do if you're not at sea? "

RebelKitsune

Unread postby RebelKitsune » Wed Feb 26, 2003 12:49 pm

He giggled and smiled, "Please, save the formalities for someone else, Mid. Just call me K, It's easier that way, and it'll probably save us from some confusion in the future."

"I need a more attractive name as soon as possible... 'K' isn't very attractive, is it?" He thought to himself.

"... On second thoughts," He said again, "just call me RedFox for now... 'K' doesn't really appeal to me, now that i think of it." He humphed to himself quietly, and noted this down, in his mind, as one of the disadvantages of being a Kopii.

"I came here to run some errands for Warlock and RedFox... Well, the real RedFox. Warlock needed some vegetables and fruits he only could find in Inustan anyway... And Red wanted more sugar supplements." =9_9= K rolled his eyes and sighed, eyes falling onto his basket of groceries. He smiled at the flowers hanging over the side.

"I also bought some flowers for Staniel." He giggled and started sifting through the contents of the wicker basket he was holding.

"hmm... Oh! Here's something interesting i found..." He pulled out a fruit with a rather thick looking skin and placed it on the bar. "The inujin that sold this to me told me it's called a pommango. Care to try it with me?" He asked Midoku.

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=rebelkitsune>RebelKitsune</A]&nbsp; Image at: 2/26/03 1:45:43 pm

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

Postaga

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Wed Feb 26, 2003 5:16 pm

"...a Pommango, you say?" Midoku asked the kopii, looking down at the fruit and giving it a light poke with a finger, "...I do not think I have ever seen this before... is it a native produce of Inustan, or perhaps from somewhere like Argovia?"

Nekogami

Re: Postaga

Unread postby Nekogami » Wed Feb 26, 2003 5:42 pm

Fifi shrugged. "Personally, nothing but booze around. Some of my blokes take odd jobs, some get things for the ship and maintain it. Would you like to see my ship?"

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Wed Feb 26, 2003 7:03 pm

"...hmmmm..." Stephan let out as he though, sipping his beverage once more. It had been awhile since he'd seen inside an Inustani ship, not since the 'old days'. At the very least, he could see how Fifi and her crew gave the vessel its own uniqueness.

"Sure, let's se de...uh... I mean the ship." he answered, blinking a bit at the slur.

...crap, must've had too much rum again... Stephan thought, cursing his inhereted lack of 'stamina' when it came to resisting the intoxicating effects of said beverage. As he waited for Fifi to speak, he had the nagging feeling he was forgetting to do, or speak to, something. But with the alcohol-induced haze starting to form in his head, Stephan couldn't quite put his finger on it.

Meanwhile, Midoku was still inspecting the fruit, waiting for the kopii to speak.

Nekogami

Re: Posts

Unread postby Nekogami » Wed Feb 26, 2003 7:09 pm

Fifi gave Stephan a pat and stood from her seat. "Let's go, boys. Gonna give our friend hear a grand tour of the La Agua Sangrienta." Fifi said each R with a pleasant roll. She started to lead Stephan out of the bar had mates crowded around him.

Outside the weather was warm and sunny. The sea air was invigorating and the people of Marme were as lively as could be.

RebelKitsune

fruwit

Unread postby RebelKitsune » Thu Feb 27, 2003 10:39 am

K slowly grabbed the friut and pressed at the middle of it with his thumb. "I'm not sure... He told me he grew them on his own farm, somewhere to the east. I'm not very familiar with these places. He even told me how to eat it..."

K held it firmly with both his paws, and went over the method, repeating the instructions as the inujin grocer had instructed him. He lifted a thumb and extended a claw. "Hold it firmly from the top and bottom, and cut into the thick skin to form a slit about 1 inch long..." And he pressed his claw in, dragging it down carefully. He lifted the hard fruit up, "crack the outer skin by striking it against a hard edge on the slit..." and he struck the pommango on the edge of the bar, sending a few drops of the juice flying.

Inside, the fruit was divided into vertical sections, and each section split into smaller pieces laterally. The individual sections looked almost like bubbles, filled with nearly translucent insides which looked like pure nectar, with the seeds suspended inside. He smiled and handed one of the equal halves to Midoku, and gently peeled out one of the segments using a claw, paying attention not to pierce the membrane. "He said the nectar was like a thick jelly, almost liquid. you can either pour it out into a glass and drink it, or just eat the segment itself. Just be careful you don't bite the seeds. They're rock hard." And with that, he popped it into his mouth, biting down into it.

A loud "mmmm!" that ensued clearly showed that it was a very good tasting fruit. He spat out the pips into his paw and extracted a handkerchief from his pocket, placing them into it safely. "This tastes wonderful! I'm going to keep these... Warlock will be most pleased with them."

The fruit had a very sweet flavor which could be accurately described as a blend of orange, peach and banana. (Can be closely compared to the juices sold in RL often called "Tropical" flavor)

K almost ate a second one, when he spotted Stephan being led out of the bar. "Mrrf? Mid, where's Stephan off to?"

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=rebelkitsune>RebelKitsune</A]&nbsp; Image at: 2/27/03 9:51:50 am

PreviousNext

Return to Gaera Main RPs