Transit (Offworlders RP)

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
Spleen
I put a BOMB inside EVERY BAD GUY!

Transit (Offworlders RP)

Unread postby Spleen » Sat Aug 31, 2002 6:47 pm

My name is Jexinair Paren Anres. I've been called that by some people. Some are dead now, a few for that reason. Please, for the love of whatever god you happen to worship, call me Jex. That little indroductory tidbit covered, the next thing I'd have to say is that I'm flattered in your interest in my life story. Wait...what's that? Oh...you didn't want the entire Life of Jex Anres, eh? Oh well. It's a good story, though. Anyway, so you want to hear about that thing a few years back, that it? I can do that. It all started at a small in on the outskirts of...well sh*t I can't even remember where. Doma, if I recall. I'd been searching for the solution for a while by then, got some leads, some very promising, and all dead ends. Leads to what? I'll tell you in a second, can I please just continue the godd*mn narrative? Thank you. As I was saying, it all started in a small inn on the outskirts of Doma. What? No, I don't remember which part! Isn't "outskirts" good enough? Okay fine...let's just say for argument's sake it was in the southern part of Doma, okay? Okay. I'd been searching for a while for the secret of interplanetary transit so I could get off of Gaera and back on Infar where I belong. I'd just gotten back from trying to use an ancient orb of some sort to propel me into space. All I got was a pyrotechnics display and a few nasty burns. The orb did its job...it's hit Infar by now, definetely. When it started heating up I let go. Getting back is useless if my charred remains are spread out across the galaxy, eh? Heh...anyway, there was an old dude at this inn. Looked nutty as a fruitcake, old tattered robes, long beard and crap. Yeah, like that dude over there, except without the ancient spellbook. He had a book though...really old history book. Old to the point where no matter what's in it you're gonna believe it. I wish I had that quality, eh? Nah, ol' Jex's still got some years left. Hell, I'm only 21. Anyway, he was ranting about some really tiny island off in an area of Gaera no one gives a rat's ass about. Here, I'll show you on the globe. See? Nothing there. That's how tiny the place was. You can't even see it on the globe. Anyway, the place was supposed to hold some sort of mystical teleportation to wherever the hell anyone would ever want to go ever. I asked the old guy if it could take me off this planet and back to where I came from, he just nodded. Just like that. And the journey began...

(OOC: Welcome to Transit, the Offworlders RP! Even though it's an Offworlders RP, you don't have to be an Offworlder...even Gaerans would have a use for a mystical teleportation island, right? The story is mostly about the journey TO the island, not the island itself. It's a high seas adventure, with everything from a vengeful sea king to a guy whose trademark catchphrase is "Word." More to come on this when I get back from my friend's Bar Mitzvah. Word.)

red dragabo

Re: Transit (Offworlders RP)

Unread postby red dragabo » Sat Aug 31, 2002 10:35 pm

((OCC: where do i jion?))

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Sat Aug 31, 2002 11:28 pm

(OOC: There's no particular place to join, just jump in. However, don't jump in once it gets started unless you have a DANG good intro for how you wound up on a ship in the middle of the ocean. Anyway, as I said this RP stars Jex Anres, who gets a very promising lead from an old tome that takes him on a sea adventure (ancient tomes are always correct...remember what the one in FF5 said about the Crescent Island? Ok so it wasn't correct...shut up). I shall be the GM and please, no godmoding or a random wave may chuck you into the open mouth of a random yawning shark.)

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Tue Sep 03, 2002 11:59 am

(OOC: Someone join. Please.)

Oz 200

Unread postby Oz 200 » Tue Sep 03, 2002 2:06 pm

"Well then hi Jex im Sensan im as you can se an elf and im her looking for one of thes". *he stretched out his hand* and there you cod se a tatu(sp?), it was the elven mark for storm. "this is a mark of a guardian and there is nine more. i vas born with this one and if i can slay or convince the odder guardians to give me there mark i will be the greatest fighter of all times. Well then you wonder wy im her well i was told that one of the guardians lived in the middle of the sea, so i took the nearest bout i cod find and now im her".

OOC: Is he ok.

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Tue Sep 03, 2002 2:55 pm

(OOC: He's fine as long as you use better grammar. I'm rather particular about that.)
Jex looked up from his reverie. "So, you're looking to head into the middle of the ocean, eh? I suppose I could use some company. In fact, I seriously doubt I'd be able to do it myself. The name's Anres...Jex Anres. I'm about to head down to the dock and look for a boat. Want to come?"
(OOC: Taking Div's advice in the OOC forum and giving an opening for new posters. Yay for me.)

Oz 200

Unread postby Oz 200 » Tue Sep 03, 2002 3:14 pm

OOC: Ok i will work with my grammar.

"why not" he walked up beside jex.

"well hopefully this guardian has something of value *sight* all i have to guard is a piece of paper with a word on it."

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Tue Sep 03, 2002 3:40 pm

Meanwhile, another figure had been sitting near the docks. She'd been wearing thick robes to cover anything that could indicate who she was. Under these robes, despite the fact that she walked on two legs, she had the body of what appeared to be a large bullfrog. And with blue skin, no less - meaning everyone that saw what she really was shunned her. Other than this sort of misunderstanding, she'd enjoyed Doma - though she'd come there on accident.

Then, she heard about someone wanting company for a voyage. She'd wondered what this person would need to do. Besides, it was a chance for her to have one experience she'd never known - a voyage on the open sea. Her original home never had anything of this sort, and it wouldn't have stayed for long anyhow.

Not wanting to miss an opportunity, Kanariel stood up and looked around for whoever it was that wanted company.

(OOC: As a note, Kanariel is most definitely an offworlder. Hence her unusual appearance.)

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Tue Sep 03, 2002 9:42 pm

The captain of the Ocean Lady wasn't really convinced by Jex's story.
"So, what yer sayin' is, ye be wantin' me to drop everythin' I've gotta do to take you an' yer friend here to an island in the middle of the sea to try and find a magical...thingmajig...that ye don't even know exists?"
"That's the gist of it, yeah."
The old seadog let out a barking laugh. "You tryin' to pull me leg, ain't ya, boy?"
Jex narrowed his eyes. "I can pay you 20,000 gil." He rattled his full-looking coin pouch loudly. Indeed, he'd gotten a LOT of money selling his spare ion generator, plus the dead-end quests he'd been on had occasionally yielded results that, although they were useless to send him into space, sold for a very high price.
"I'm bein' paid 50,000 right now, and it's not on some hairbrained scheme. Ask the cap'n of the Water Dart...he ain't busy and he needs the cash. My little brother, he is."
Jex nodded. "Thanks."
"Aye."

Oz 200

Unread postby Oz 200 » Wed Sep 04, 2002 12:26 pm

"Hey Jex i think that pile of rags is looking at you"

he pointed on a figure that was standing on the pier.

OOC: You have to excuse my char hes a little rude.

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Wed Sep 04, 2002 3:35 pm

Jex glanced at the name of the ship. Water Dart. So this was the guy, eh? He was the last captain left, and Sensan was right...he was a pile of rags. A very short man wearing what might be described as a bunch of raggedy blankets sown together into a coat. The ship was much better off...but it didn't look totally like it would survive the trip. Sounding almost like he'd read Jex's mind, the captain said, "She'll survive whereever you're going."
"Hey, you can talk like a normal person!"
"Aye, unlike my brother. Uneducated dolt, like most of the family."
Jex explained the task and finished it with an offer for 20,000 gil.
"20 thousand?"
"30."
"I would've gone with fifteen, but hey, 30,000 will do fine. What'd you say your name was?"
"Jex...Jex Anres."
"Just call me Raymond...Ray for short."

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Wed Sep 04, 2002 4:30 pm

Kanariel, meanwhile, had heard a little bit about some magical "thingamajig". She was not about to stand idle, since she had never been able to find anything that she was allowed to do.

Thus, she got up and walked toward the pier, first checking her money pouch. She was running low again... maybe she could find something to do on the ship that would make up for the money.

Thalakos Weatherlight

Unread postby Thalakos Weatherlight » Wed Sep 04, 2002 4:38 pm

"Eh? The captains letting on some new people. hrrmmm this should be the perfect chance to pocket some coin, Ray always gets more than enough gil each time new passengers come aboard," Rathi thought to himself. Rathi was a theif and a very successful one at that, making over 100,000 gil by the month with this cap'n and his ship. He has yet to find my little stowaway compartment in the hull of his ship. Sneaking onto the deck he hides in a empty fish barrel and awaits his next victim.

(OOC- Hey guys perfect timing for my join in! This is my 2nd actual rpg :)

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Wed Sep 04, 2002 6:16 pm

(OOC: We're not passengers, we're actually kind of renting out the ship.)

Thalakos Weatherlight

Unread postby Thalakos Weatherlight » Thu Sep 05, 2002 6:52 am

(OOC- Same thing isnt it? Pretty sure the captain will still be on the ship steering it i hope)

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Thu Sep 05, 2002 3:19 pm

(OOC: Well Jex isn't a very good sailor anyway lol)

Oz 200

Unread postby Oz 200 » Thu Sep 05, 2002 3:38 pm

"At last a ship!"

He ran up on the ship.

"now maybe we can get out of this town to and find new adventures"

Thalakos Weatherlight

Unread postby Thalakos Weatherlight » Thu Sep 05, 2002 4:41 pm

Looking out from his barrel Rathi looked at the new passenger aboard. "I wonder what he has in his pockets, heheh." Out of his pocket he pulls out a small loaf of bread and a little jug of wine and has his lunch. "Ill wait till night to strike, if they give me trouble....ill kill them."

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Fri Sep 06, 2002 11:20 pm

(OOC: Uh...Div? Mind having your char meet with Jex?)

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Fri Sep 06, 2002 11:29 pm

(OOC: Must've missed my cue earlier to meet him.)

Kanariel, not about to let the ship go without her chance, now decided that consulting the person that was going to be using the ship would be a good idea.

She walked up cautiously to Jex, not knowing him, but her voice seemed a surprise at first.

"Excuse me, sir?"

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Sun Sep 08, 2002 12:46 pm

Jex jumped at the voice behind him and spun around. He was visibly surprised at the newcomer's appearance, but after a few months with Mikar constantly becoming Abuhar, Fanrar, Esotar, and Divitar, one tends to get used to a bit of scaliness. "The name's Jex...Jex Anres. What can I do for you?"

Thalakos Weatherlight

Unread postby Thalakos Weatherlight » Mon Sep 09, 2002 7:08 pm

(OOC- Maybe posting more often??)

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Mon Sep 09, 2002 9:17 pm

(OOC: Yeah! DIV! ANSWER DAMMIT!!!)

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Mon Sep 09, 2002 9:44 pm

(OOC: I must be becoming post-blind or something, because I didn't see that answer post.)

Kanariel kept her answer simple. She did not want to reveal what she truly was.

"I've heard that someone's out on a voyage. Think you'll need some help on the ship, Jex?"

Kanariel paused in speaking for a moment. She wasn't sure if revealing her name was safe. Eventually, she decided that her identity was not known well enough by Jex to be able to make any connections if she said anything.

"Oh, by the way... My name's Kanariel."

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Tue Sep 10, 2002 6:58 am

Jex nodded. "We probably will need help on the ship...except we're going pretty far...we're trying to find a legendary island that's supposed to house a temple that can send people anywhere they want to go, hopefully including faraway worlds. If this works then I can return home to my planet."

Oz 200

Unread postby Oz 200 » Tue Sep 10, 2002 9:55 am

" Weeee more people."

he walked over to the new comer and stretched out his hand.

" Hello im Sensam, Sam for short."

Edited by: Oz 200 at: 9/11/02 6:58:39 pm

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Thu Sep 12, 2002 1:54 am

(OOC: I know you've got quite a few characters already, but would you mind one more? Oh, and if it is alright for me to join, can I assume that for the moment this is set in Kohlingen? It's the only port town I know of, and would make the most sense for my intro.)

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Thu Sep 12, 2002 7:06 am

(OOC: Sure! And once again, Div....post.)

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Thu Sep 12, 2002 10:45 am

(OOC: Thanks!)

Nearby, Idran had just finished his swimming for the day. He was about to return home, when he overheard Jex near the docks.

IM: Interesting. If this temple does exist, there could be some interesting magics held within it.

"Hello, there. Didn't mean to eavesdrop, but I was passing by, and heard that you'll need help on a journey overseas. Could you use the services of an experienced ship's mage?"

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Thu Sep 12, 2002 3:24 pm

Kanariel thought this information over somewhat. She considered her options, then decided that this was the kind of job she could do.

"All right, it's a deal. I'll offer my help on the ship, then."

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Thu Sep 12, 2002 3:25 pm

Jex shrugged. "The more the merrier, I guess. You sure the boat'll be able to hold all these people, captain?"

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Fri Sep 13, 2002 1:02 am

(OOC:Um, Spleen, I'm a litle confused. Who are you talking to? Aren't you RPing the captain?)

"Thanks. I do feel I should let you know that I haven't actually sailed for a few years, but I should get back into the old rut soon enough. The name's Idran. And you?"

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Fri Sep 13, 2002 11:02 pm

(OOC: Yeah, but it was a rhetorical question. Thus the captain didn't answer. I think. If it makes you feel better you can say that he grinned and nodded.)

"I'm Jex Anres, that's Sensam, and that's Kanariel. At least I think I got the names right...I dunno, I've known Sensam for about 2 hours and Kanariel for about 15 minutes..."

Oz 200

Unread postby Oz 200 » Mon Sep 16, 2002 9:19 am

“Can we sail son i want some new powers and i guess you wan to go home huu”

Thalakos Weatherlight

Unread postby Thalakos Weatherlight » Mon Sep 16, 2002 5:10 pm

Being bored of waiting Rathi peeks through his small hole in the barrel and checks the time of the sun. "Bah about three more hours till nightfall and five until they sleep, i guess i might as well catch a few z's until they sleep then ill take their goodys hehe."

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Tue Sep 17, 2002 2:14 am

"Sounds fine to me. I'm ready to go whenever the rest of you are. Nice to meet the three of you, by the way."

(OOC: Bump)

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/uidran1701.showPublicProfile?language=EN>Idran1701</A] at: 9/21/02 4:45:47 am

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Tue Sep 24, 2002 3:17 pm

(OOC: Shall we set the boat in motion?)

Oz 200

Unread postby Oz 200 » Wed Sep 25, 2002 1:19 am

(yes)

Idran1701
None some call is air am